The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Fans Continue to Watch."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Spoiler/Speculation Forum (Protected)
Original message

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-11-07, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Fans Continue to Watch."

I'm just curious about a few things here. On how you fans of the show will react to this weeks eliminations.

How many of you will still watch this show even if Rob and Amber get eliminated?

How many of you are loyal fans that you stuck it out through TARFE?

I for one Have been here for awhile, I never got to see Season 1 - 5 until Season 6, i know bad season. But since the GSN network showed 1-5 I was able to catch up and have not missed one single episode of the race.

I will still watch even if Rob and Amber won or were eliminated.

This show is not about Romber, its about the Race itsself.

Who will stick this race until the end of the series? No matter how horrible some racers are or who wins?
img]

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. bostonrobfan 03-11-07 1
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. hinghamwx 03-11-07 2
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Dragonfire 03-11-07 3
   RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Silvergirl1 03-12-07 12
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Wallflower66 03-11-07 4
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. jen71 03-11-07 5
 And who will moonbaby 03-11-07 6
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. zorayah 03-11-07 7
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Earl Colby Pottinger 03-11-07 8
   RE: Fans Continue to Watch. ulalame 03-12-07 10
       RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Phredster 03-12-07 11
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. ulalame 03-12-07 9
   RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Snidget 03-12-07 13
       RE: Fans Continue to Watch. samboohoo 03-12-07 16
   RE: Fans Continue to Watch. PepeLePew13 03-12-07 18
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. volsfan 03-12-07 14
   RE: Fans Continue to Watch. AshLanie 03-12-07 15
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. ladybugen 03-12-07 17
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. Loree 03-12-07 19
 RE: Fans Continue to Watch. mysticjay 03-12-07 20
 Locking AyaK 03-12-07 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

bostonrobfan 490 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-11-07, 07:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bostonrobfan Click to send private message to bostonrobfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
I don't know if I can watch the final 3.

hinghamwx 93 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-07, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hinghamwx Click to send private message to hinghamwx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
Of course I will keep watching! I too am a huge TAR fan. I am actually happy to see Rob and Amber gone. The race should be more competitive now without them. It is really anyone's game.

Michael
http://www.hinghamweather.com

Dragonfire 128 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-11-07, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dragonfire Click to send private message to Dragonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
I'll still watch but it won't be as much fun. I'll now be rooting for the BQ's...it's time for a all female group to win.

Silvergirl1 9320 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-07, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."

The BQ's are my favs, too. I need to change my "Romber Nation" sig.

Click on the mermaid to see my blahg.

Wallflower66 2394 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

03-11-07, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wallflower66 Click to send private message to Wallflower66 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
I love Romber, but there are other teams that I am rooting for as well, such as Uchenna/Joyce, Teri/Ian, Danny/Oswald, Dustin/Kandice and even Eric/Danielle. So, of course I will continue to watch!

jen71 64 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-07, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jen71 Click to send private message to jen71 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
While I'm definitely not happy that Rob & Amber were eliminated, I will keep watching because this is by far the best "reality" show on TV. Actually, it's one of my top 5 favorite can't miss shows to watch every week.

I started watching TAR with Season 7 specifically because of Rob & Amber, and thankfully I caught up with all the previous seasons on GSN. I don't even think that Season 8 the family edition was as awful as everyone else makes it out to be, but maybe that's because I really liked the Linz family.

I will watch TAR as long as it's on TV. Even though plenty of teams are awful, there's usually at least 1 team to cheer for each season. My number 1 choice has won 3 times out of 11 seasons (Rob & Brennan, the Linz family, Tyler & James).

I still can't believe Rob & Amber got eliminated. Rob should have listened to Amber the first time she said she wanted to switch detours.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-07, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "And who will"
wait until the show is done for the West Coast viewers so we don't ruin anything for them?

zorayah 60 desperate attention whore postings

03-11-07, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zorayah Click to send private message to zorayah Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
The Amazing Race made it big even before Romber. Why would I stop watching the show just because of these two?

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-11-07, 11:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
LAST EDITED ON 03-11-07 AT 11:55 PM (EST)

Well, I don't consider people who say they don't want to watch TAR without Rob to be TAR fans. They are Rob fans!

I am sick and tired of Rob fans claiming that TAR 7 was rigged against him, R&A left the airport at the same time as U&J thus if R&A were the better players they would had won - they did not.

This time Rob fans have no choice in their view of events - Rob did himself in by making mistake after mistake and looking/worrying what the other teams was doing instead on concentrating on the job at hand (letter sorting).

1) Not quitting the signpost task early when Amber suggested to.

2) Assuming he knew the nautical museum and not checking/following the compass. Mind you why K&D did not check their's is beyond me.

I fully plan to watch it to the end.

3) Checking the other team instead of carefully checking the letters, I am sure I saw him moving more than two at a time.

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-07 AT 01:14 AM (EST)

Season 7 was rigged against Rob and Amber, but not for the reasons you think I'm going to say.

It was rigged for television -- the producers didn't want a run away win. So they probably paid a fortune to turn that plane around to get Uchenna and Joyce on it.

Frankly, that kind of regular levelling of the field is what I have come to HATE about the Amazing Race.

If you watch it from the early seasons, it WAS all about who was the best team, in navigating the world, in completing the challenges, and in winning the game. They've changed it to be more of a random chance game, with "gathering points" that level the field happening at least once an episode. So any lead a team gets is pretty much worthless. And I personally don't like it. It's more like a lottery now, versus a real race. I'm presuming that the final three predicted as we have on this board is true. The only way those three teams could be in the finals is because of this kind of manipulation of the concept of a "race."

Phredster 85 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 01:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Phredster Click to send private message to Phredster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
>LAST EDITED ON 03-12-07
>AT 01:14 AM (EST)

>
>Season 7 was rigged against Rob
>and Amber, but not for
>the reasons you think I'm
>going to say.
>
>It was rigged for television --
>the producers didn't want a
>run away win. So
>they probably paid a fortune
>to turn that plane around
>to get Uchenna and Joyce
>on it.

Turn the plane around? The plane never left the gate...Uchenna and Joyce were seconds behind Rob and Amber, and arrived at the gate BEFORE the doors closed. The plane never left and therefore did not have to come back to the gate to let Uchenna and Joyce on. Yes the jetway was moved, but the plane itself never moved. I'm puzzled as to why people continue to perpetuate this myth.

>Frankly, that kind of regular levelling
>of the field is what
>I have come to HATE
>about the Amazing Race.

If TAR was truly concerned with a level playing field they would never have cast Rob and Amber in the first place. Season 7 was edited to emphasize how much help Rob and Amber got...they could easily have been eliminated on two or three separate occasions but for the help they got along the way (like when the woman actually did the roadblock for Amber in South Africa, which I can't believe wasn't a violation of the rules...)

ulalame 778 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 01:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ulalame Click to send private message to ulalame Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
I actually don't know if I can watch that final three, either.

I think this leg was pretty full of b.s.

Okay, did anyone see the cameras examine the painting on Uchenna and Joyce's rapidly-scrambled together replacement board? As much as the typo on the "Philippines" that took out Rob and Amber?

And when in the past have they had one charter that took 3 teams three hours ahead, and put the last five teams on the same flight? Never. Usually there are three flights -- 3/3/2. Why give such an advantage to three teams?

It was an annoying and frustrating episode to watch, and one which made me lose a little faith in the game. From the first season, it's gone from being about letting the teams that were good prevail, to a constant and regular levelling of the playing field, which allows a team with a lead to lose it on a fluke, in favor of weaker teams, for the sake of t.v. drama. I think on this one they went too far -- taking what matters about the competition and sinking it (i.e. I don't know if they were as technical with Uchenna and Joyce's last quick paint job than they were critical of one letter off on an entirely correct board for Rob and Amber) for technicalities that favor the weaker teams. I don't think it allows for anything positive, and only allows for the exact things that people hate about our legal system.

I personally don't like it, and I'm not sure I'll watch the rest of the season because of it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 06:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
How is it "merely" a technicality when the spelling was mentioned in the set up of the task, and Rob seemed to be well aware that spelling would be checked. I checked the DVR, and the spelling having to be correct was part of the rules of this task.

Why assume he'd let anyone other than Romber spell everything wrong and let them through?

Roadblock tasks often have one that ends up being much faster (and after switching it would have been faster for Rob if he had paid attention to the clue and the "technicality" of using the compass rather than assuming he knew what they meant.

I also don't recall that all pre-arranged flights (either charter or commercial) have always been in three groups when there are this many teams. They don't always evenly split everything all the time. It is part of the risks of the game, IMO.

This episode had a lot less bunching points that completely level the field than usual. Why is this one episode totally unacceptable when there have been so many times the place is closed until several hours after the last team arrived at the place?

I actually liked it that screw ups early in the leg didn't allow for the teams at the back half of the pack to catch up.

Yep, it isn't fun when a team you like doesn't follow the clues or gets stuck with some bad luck, but I also don't think that teams ending up 24 hours behind everyone else with no hope of ever catching up is "good TV". There is more drama if any team could lose any leg at any time because of a few mistakes.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 07:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
Exactly.

And if I recall correctly, Rob said after the first attempt, "it'd better not be a spelling thing." Perhaps he should have checked the spelling.

Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 08:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
>they were critical of one letter
>off on an entirely correct
>board for Rob and Amber)

"one letter off"? Rob completely butchered the whole name. The Philippines was spelled as "Phillipeans" which isn't really close at all. Extra L, missing P, missing I replaced by A, and an E in the wrong place. A second correction looked like "Phillipenes" but the last three letters were kinda smudged over so it was hard to tell.

The rules were the same for all teams there - simply put, Rob blew it big time by having the ego that he's correct and not bothering to check the spelling after he proclaimed "it better not be a spelling thing."

FWIW, I re-watched Uchenna and Joyce's painting, and it seemed legible enough to me to show a correct spelling.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 07:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
This show had many followers that watched from day 1 and will continue to do so. This isn't the Romber show...it is The Amazing Race! No team is bigger than the show itself (IMHO).

AshLanie 895 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AshLanie Click to send private message to AshLanie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
>This show had many followers that
>watched from day 1 and
>will continue to do so.
>This isn't the Romber show...it
>is The Amazing Race! No
>team is bigger than the
>show itself (IMHO).

Great post and agree totally.

Well Rob is now 0-5 in reality shows....twice on Survivor. twice on TAR and then there was the Rob and Amber show which was cancleed after six or maybe seven shows.

Yeah, I watched he Rob and Amber show and his true personality came out there..........imho, He is a spoiled brat who feels he is owed the world without putting any effort in.

ladybugen 68 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ladybugen Click to send private message to ladybugen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
This show is not about Romber, its about the Race itsself.

Could not agree more. I've still got my tivo set and will watch every minute.

Plus, I am curious to see just how it happens that Schmirna manages to be next to last (presumably) every time.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
I can handle Romber being eliminated. It is knowing that Charla and Mirna are going to be in every ep till the end that has turned me off this season. As long as there was hope they were going home I could watch. But knowing the list is right. I just don't know if I will enjoy the rest of the season or change the channel.

mysticjay 28 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-12-07, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticjay Click to send private message to mysticjay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Fans Continue to Watch."
Romber are the best team to ever run the race. Without their presence, I don't much care who wins now. I came to the Spoiler forum today to see who the final 3 are, which I would not have done if they remained. For a good team to get booted because of a luck-based task is always a sorry situation on TAR For them to be eliminated and Mirna/Charla to finish ahead of them just isn't good TV. And Uchenna's classless "assist" onto the mat shows his character. I guess winning a million isn't enough for that guy.

I've seen teams I disliked win in previous seasons (Reichen & Chip come to mind) and was okay with it. But there were good racers in their competing who made it interesting to watch. With this current group, honestly, the only teams left I like are Oswald and Danny or Terri and Ian.

So I'll TIVO it so I can fast forward through scenes of Mirna & Charla, Uchenna & Joyce, and keep an eye on it, but watch it with interest - no.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

03-12-07, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Locking"
Please continue this discussion on the Fanatics board or the Bashers board.

This is not a spoiler.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •