The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The show that just.won't.die!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Live Feed Updates And Spoilers (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-08, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The show that just.won't.die!"
According to Hamsterwatch, BB10 has been announced, will debut on Sunday, July 13 and will keep the Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday schedule from this season. CBS has also promised "all new game twists" (I'm afraid to ask, but what kind of twists/themes are left?)
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The show that just.won't.die! qwertypie 04-15-08 1
   RE: The show that just.won't.die! Estee 04-15-08 2
       RE: The show that just.won't.die! qwertypie 04-15-08 3
           RE: The show that just.won't.die! vince3 04-15-08 4
               RE: The show that just.won't.die! qwertypie 04-18-08 7
 New twists. Estee 04-16-08 5
   RE: New twists. bdemoney 04-16-08 6
       RE: New twists. qwertypie 04-18-08 8
   RE: New twists. iatovttotx78 04-25-08 12
   RE: New twists. Jelohi715 04-29-08 18
       RE: New twists. Sonicbluebird2 05-15-08 20
           RE: New twists. tribephyl 05-16-08 22
   RE: New twists. Sonicbluebird2 05-15-08 21
 RE: The show that just.won't.die! kingfish 04-18-08 9
   RE: The show that just.won't.die! Sues 04-18-08 10
       RE: The show that just.won't.die! GLADY 04-19-08 11
           RE: The show that just.won't.die! krismiss2us 04-28-08 13
               RE: The show that just.won't.die! Colonel Zoidberg 04-28-08 14
                   RE: The show that just.won't.die! jd8855 04-28-08 15
 RE: The show that just.won't.die! frisky 04-29-08 16
   RE: The show that just.won't.die! J Slice 04-29-08 17
   RE: The show that just.won't.die! Estee 04-29-08 19
       RE: The show that just.won't.die! bdemoney 06-19-08 23
           RE: The show that just.won't.die! Loree 06-19-08 24
               RE: The show that just.won't.die! gumnut 06-25-08 26
           RE: The show that just.won't.die! tribephyl 06-19-08 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 00:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
My condolences.

Hasn't Estee killed this thing off yet?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 07:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
It's the vampire problem. It's kind of hard to kill something that was dead when you got there.

04-15-08, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
Word.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-08, 09:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-08 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

I guess we have to storm the cage loaded with garlic, Holy Water, wooden stakes, and silver bullets then..........

04-18-08, 11:53 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
Or IQ tests. For the contestants and the host.

04-16-08, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "New twists."
The game is cast with intelligent, reasonable, generally-human contestants whom the public can stand to watch --

-- and I've gone too far.

More realistically:

1. Racial/religious/sexual preference divisions.
2. HoH may hold the title for as many weeks in a row as they can win: no more sitting the following competition out.
3. Restoration of public vote. (Not necessarily for the whole season, but it could terrify the hamsters late in the game).
4. Secret backdooring forbidden. The HoH must nominate two people and one backup. If anyone but the backup has and uses the Veto, the backup goes on the block. The backup, if using the Veto to save someone, is not protected and goes on the block as the replacement.
5. Mutiny: as with Pirate Master, should all contestants vote to do so, the HoH gets evicted.
6. No-payback HoH: you can't play for the title the week after your reign, but you can't be nominated or backdoored either.
7. Rivalry: the hamsters are paired up, but as enemies: each person must get the other out in order to win a prize. Once two people get rid of their rivals, they are assigned each other as new rivals.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-16-08, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New twists."
Estee, How about the "and then there were none" twist. Where one by one each houseguest dies off, as America votes on the way each one of them meets their demise. The one left alive at the end wins.

CBS also enjoys the added perk that they will save a lot of money by not having to pay for a jury/jury house this time around.

04-18-08, 11:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: New twists."
LAST EDITED ON 04-18-08 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

*scribbles down notes for possible story ideas*

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-25-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail iatovttotx78 Click to send private message to iatovttotx78 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New twists."
I really like the Mutiny idea.

An Agman Creation.

Jelohi715 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-29-08, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jelohi715 Click to send private message to Jelohi715 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: New twists."
I wish they would quit letting them only have the Bible in there to read! Is it any wonder they all start getting annoyingly religious? Give them some old National Geographics or something!

Sonicbluebird2 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-15-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird2 Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: New twists."
How about if we give them a dictionary instead of the bible? Then maybe we won't have to hear, D-U-N-N, done.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 04:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: New twists."
No sense in edumacatin' these simps.
If I wanted to see smart people use big words and debating their in-game circumstances like adults, I'd watch ... The Mole.

Sonicbluebird2 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sonicbluebird2 Click to send private message to Sonicbluebird2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: New twists."
I really like #2. I think #4 & #7 would be fun to watch, evil fun that is.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-08, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
I hear there will be a God Twist.

They will pick a one devout representative of 16 or so religions, including an atheist, and an Agnostic, and see who's side God is really on.

The challenges could be pretty entertaining, each calling on their version of God for a Miracle, and turning slop into wine, stuff like that.

Tribe

Sues 585 desperate attention whore postings

04-18-08, 09:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sues Click to send private message to Sues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
hhmmm....how 'bout they fill the house with the 'wives' from Texas?

GLADY 1 desperate attention whore postings

04-19-08, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GLADY Click to send private message to GLADY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
They should have a show where all the HGs are 40 and over with 1 in his/her 20s. The 20 year old could get a lesson in what it's like to get old !

krismiss2us 768 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

04-28-08, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
I think they should have a married couples big brother...or better yet, divorced couples big brother - two people, now divorced (less restraining orders, of course) go in, coupled iwth their current spouses. this could be fun and i'd love it if my honey's ex and her new hubby were there. that would be soooooooo much fun!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

04-28-08, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
I've thought of a few things that would possibly work for Big Brother and make it possibly a better show, at least for one run. The married couple idea might work - I'm picturing it as a single twosome that enters the house and has to conceal that they're a married couple, and if they get to the end, they get a bonus of some kind.

A possible twist on the final vote - at F3, whoever wins the last HOH has a free pass to the final vote, but instead of picking their F2 opponent, America picks.

A final possibility for a close season - a sort of strategy game to determine the winner. Here's how it works - seven jurors cast their votes, and America does the same. In a variation on the Season 2 vote, each finalist picks a juror (America included) that they think voted for their opponent, doing so in secret. The first set of votes is revealed, and each player then can choose "play" or "stop." If they both pick "play," then they each pick another juror that they think voted for their opponent. This repeats until one person picks "stop."

If someone picks "stop," they do so because they believe that all votes for their opponent are gone. If they are right, they win the game. If even one vote for the opponent is unrevealed, then the opponent wins. The caveat: Someone who believes that no more votes for them remain can "stop" and declare that they have no more votes; by doing so, they win. The risk: If they are wrong, they forfeit the $50,000 as well. They still get the weekly stipend, but the $50,000 is lost.

GO RED WINGS!

jd8855 105 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-28-08, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jd8855 Click to send private message to jd8855 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
I don't really care what the twist is .. as long as they have some good people . I would like to bring back the characters they have had before this season was relatively boring with the cast. I mean they need some Janelle's and the nerd herd etc.. the people they are picking don't really have the loyalty to stick with their alliances anymore .. there isn't a deep seated hatred for other players I like that it really adds to it.. I hope they do something interesting..

also we all know we are going to watch so I don't know why we are complaining.

frisky 11684 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail frisky Click to send private message to frisky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
Grodner said in one of the finale interviews that there will be more age diversity in the next edition.

Praise Jameka! It's about friggin time.

Perpetual *headbutt* compliments of Rolly.
Then again, Grodner's definition of "age diversity" is probably a range of 18-30 with a 50-year-old outlier.

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

04-29-08, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail J%20Slice Click to send private message to J%20Slice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
Damn them and their age-affirmative-action!

How the hell am I supposed to get on this show?

::puts on straightjacket and Napoleon hat::

Kurt Vonnegut says: So it goes for Slice's blog.

04-29-08, 04:41 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
more age diversity

Yeah. Mentally, two to seven.

Which is a change from this past season's three to six.

bdemoney 745 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bdemoney Click to send private message to bdemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
So, if the new season starts on July 13, shouldn't we be hearing something about the new cast members, theme, etc. soon? I want details!

awesome sig pic created by syren

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
I did hear they plan to have a live audience for the eviction nights.

"According to Audiences Unlimited, Big Brother will be featuring live audiences for the eviction episodes of Big Brother 10." Their website states that "You are invited to be part of the studio audience for the LIVE weekly 'elimination' show where one HouseGuest gets voted out." The first date that tickets are available are for Wednesday, July 16th, which can be presumed to be the first eviction episode.
UPDATE 8:33PM:
Other eviction dates are posted on this website as 7/23, 7/30, 8/6, 8/13, & 8/20.

gumnut 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-25-08, 04:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail gumnut Click to send private message to gumnut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
Sounds like they may have been watching Big Brother Australia.
BB Australia already has live audiences for the eviction episodes and greater viewer participation.

One of the biggest differences between the American version of Big Brother and Big Brother Australia, is the way house guests are eliminated from the Game. In Australia BB, the viewers vote for their favorite house guests.

On Sunday nights, the three house guests who received the lowest votes are up for the eviction. The head of household can save one, but then the fourth house guest with the lowest vote is also up for elimination.

As soon as the three house guests with the lowest votes are announced, each of the house guests must immediately go to the Diary Room (one by one) and vote out one of these three house guests. Whew!!

HOA is determined by the Friday Night Games winner (played to a live audience). There are six daily shows plus a weekly Big Mouth show where a panel of hosts talk about what the BB house guests have been up to.

The diversity of the house guests range from Rima, a belly dancing dwarf to Terry who is in her 50's.

The bedroom consists of one gigantic bed where everyone has to sleep, except for one person who is not allowed inside the BB house. He actually has to sleep outside, in the yard, in a kombi van. The lights are kept on continuously so everyone wears eye masks.

The voice of Big Brother is constantly heard, whether its in the “diary room” or elsewhere in the house. BB has the power of taking personal possessions away from house guests and also making them do chores. The house guests must always obey Big Brother who manipulates them throughout the show.

There are so many twists and turns. At first meals were served on a conveyor belt. If the house guests didn't grab the food quickly, its falls onto the floor. You never now what is going to happen!

The BB house guests have had quite a range of visitors, from Carson Kressley crashing the house, a hypnotist and soon Pamela Anderson.

Its a fun show, but tevo--ing through BB is a must as I couldn't watch BB continuously.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

06-19-08, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The show that just.won't.die!"
It is about a month out, so I imagine hype-creation should start soon.

Here's a few nibbles I found at WLBB.

For instance...

TVTickets is offering seats for a studio audience during the Live Eviction. (Which also alludes to the first eviction being on July 16th.)

Also, it touts something about 13 HGs but for the life of me I couldn't see any sources attached to that.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •