The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Locked thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

Cyberyogi CO_Windler 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-09, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyberyogi%20CO_Windler Click to send private message to Cyberyogi%20CO_Windler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
Help me!

Yesterday I had posted a detailed FAQ with episode guide about the MTV show "Fist of Zen" in the "Other Reality TV Shows Forum", but apparently someone deleted it.

(It was here: http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID17/2027.shtml )

It took me an entire day to convert it to this forum's script language. What is wrong? Was my analysis of the show too critical because this website is owned by big and dictatorial broadcast stations? Or did I post it in a wrong forum? (Is it a spoiler problem???) If yes, which is the correct forum for it.

MAY THE SOFTWARE BE WITH YOU!

*============================================================================*
I CYBERYOGI Christian Oliver(=CO=) Windler I
I (teachmaster of LOGOLOGIE - the first cyberage-religion!) I
I ! I
*=============================ABANDON=THE=BRUTALITY==========================*
{http://weltenschule.de/e_index.html}

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' go... dabo 02-24-09 1
   RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' go... Cyberyogi CO_Windler 02-24-09 2
       RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' go... dabo 02-25-09 3
 RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' go... Bebo 02-25-09 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-24-09, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
I didn't see that post so I don't know, okay. But this site is privately owned, to answer that question.

Based on what you said about converting whatever to this site's language, whatever that means, I can only guess, you may have inadvertently violated someone's copyright, violating the guidelines.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/87.shtml

Or it may have been deemed spam or advertisement, I don't know. This site derives revenue from advertisers, the owner doesn't just give it away for free.

Cyberyogi CO_Windler 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-24-09, 07:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyberyogi%20CO_Windler Click to send private message to Cyberyogi%20CO_Windler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
No, the text was 90% written by me and the rest was Open Source (beside few quotations from the show). I had to convert it because it was written in plain bbCode, which differs from this forum script language.

Is the show "Fist of Zen" generally considered unsuited to be discussed on this forum?

It is a courage test show by MTV, in that 5 teenagers have to assaultingly torture each other in a kind of male initiation ritual. It is a very controversial show and also I had criticized it fairly hard in an analysis of its inner working, so I certainly did not appeal kids in any way to imitate such activities.

How serious is that "spoiler" issue? "Fist of Zen" is not a TV series that tells a long story, but a kind of action gameshow where it is IMO fairly unimportant to read what's going on in an episode before watching it. So I doubt that "spoilers" can reduce the fun (if any) of watching it. Beside that it is currently not broadcast anymore anyway but only available on MTV-overdrive. Are spoilers of "other reality shows" only allowed here in a special forum?

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
Well, again, I never saw that post, so I'm sorry but I can only guess, I don't know what went down.

Spoilers are the point of some forums here, they are thoroughly discouraged in some other forums. I doubt that that was an issue here, but in that forum perhaps a SPOILER ALERT in the subject heading would have been adviseable.

Or it may be that a flame war broke out on that thread, it became hideous, it had nothing to do with you really but them's the breaks.

I doubt it, it's more probable that somehow the post was alerted as spam for some reason, but I'm just guessing as I never saw that post. Trolls typically, I dunno why, start a thread with their very first post, and they tend to never ever interact on any threads they didn't start. Damn trolls.

On the other hand, the Fist show sounds utterly reprehensible. I'm not familiar with it, what you say about it makes it seem reprehensible, maybe the post violated the PG-13 limitations of the site.

I'm just guessing. And bumping.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-09, 12:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: HELP: My 'Fist of Zen - FAQ' got deleted"
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-09 AT 12:09 PM (EST)

As the moderator who deleted your post (and is about to lock this one), I'll give you a quick explanation. This is a forum to discuss shows, not air your grievances with dirty laundry. Insulting us in your "request" for help is not only not good form, it is a violation of our community guidelines, as is posting large quantities of content that were previously posted elsewhere.

Part of the "help prevent forest fires" mentality discussed in the community guidelines addresses RTVW's relationship with other sites on the Internet. Wikipedia wouldn't accept your entry - that's their perogative. That's also not our business, and we don't want to be brought into the middle of it.

ETA: You are not the first and will not be the last poster to have a post deleted, so please don't think this is some sort of personal conspiracy against you.

Unlock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •