The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-02-08, 03:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
When I find pics and in the properties, they end with gif or jpg, I can copy these properties, paste them in the message and they turn into a pic after they are posted.
Like this:

But pictures that come to me in an email? the properties location ends like this one:

http://webmail.aol.com/37563/aol/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.20867138&folder=OldMail&partId=10

and I can't figure out how to change thm into a gif or jpg file.

I sure hope someone understands this - I'm pretty blonde when it comes to some of this stuff.

thanks bunches!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: How to get pics in right kind o... syren 07-02-08 1
   RE: How to get pics in right kind o... jbug 07-02-08 2
       RE: How to get pics in right kind o... tribephyl 07-02-08 3
           RE: How to get pics in right kind o... jbug 07-03-08 6
       RE: How to get pics in right kind o... syren 07-02-08 4
           RE: How to get pics in right kind o... Snidget 07-02-08 5
               RE: How to get pics in right kind o... jbug 07-03-08 7
                   RE: How to get pics in right kind o... Snidget 07-03-08 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 03:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
I am not sure about AOL mail, but usually there is a link to download the attachment somewhere in the email program.

You can always use print screen and paint to cut the image out. Or try right clicking on the picture and saving it to your computer.

Warcrack, it's not for kids.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-02-08, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
Hi Syren
These pics don't come as downloads. They show up right in the body of the email.
I'm going back to see about trying the 'print screen and paint'.

When I right click I get:
View Image
Copy Image
Copy Image Location
Save Image as...
Send Image...
Set as Desktop Background
Block Images from Web aol.com
This frame -->
Properties

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 04:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
Properties will get the address and other pertinent info as to which kind of file it is.

Also, even in emails, when pictures are imbedded, they still need to be attached some how...so click the attachment (the paperclip) to see the image on it's own and the file type should show up in the address bar.

Does any of this make sense? Or am I completely off my rocker with your question?

What exactly are you trying to do?

07-03-08, 08:37 AM (EST)
6. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
Hi tribe.
I understand what you're saying but,
the particular email that contains the picture above - the one you can't see unless you click on the link - does not have an attachment - no paperclip - nuttin.

If I wanted to post that picture in a message on OT, how would I do it - besides it showing as the link and others having to click on the link?

syren 5418 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail syren Click to send private message to syren Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
JBug, you can use save image as. It will allow you to save it where you want it, and give it another name. This way it is saved to your computer.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-08, 04:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
LAST EDITED ON 07-02-08 AT 04:46 PM (EST)

I would save it to your computer than upload it.

Where it lives on a server is in your email account and that keeps it private to you, rather than a publicly available URL.

ETA: Even if the picture uploads to the site with just the URL of the people hosting it, you should download it and upload it either to this site that will host it or an account on a photohosting website in your account.

Just posting the link is "hotlinking" and that can be a problem for some people as then you are using their bandwidth. Some places that have a lot of photos do things to make sure you can't hot link to their site.

Some sites allow hotlinking, usually they are places that are set up to have their pictures show up directly on message boards or other people's blogs.

07-03-08, 08:43 AM (EST)
7. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
LAST EDITED ON 07-03-08 AT 08:45 AM (EST)

After the download, I had been clicking on the picture itself and couldn't get it right.
So this time I clicked on 'open' in the downloads and then on the picture and I got a location that I'm pasting right here!

~fingers crossed~~

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/June/Desktop/get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

E: Carp! Shoulda previewed first. Still didn't work.
Oh well, thanks for trying guys. I'll keep playing around with it.
(I'm on vacation for 10 days starting at 4 today! I'll have plenty of time!)

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

07-03-08, 08:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: How to get pics in right kind of file to post"
When you go to post do you see the "Click here to upload your file"? thing.

Click that.

Browse your computer to find the picture (click the right radio button for the file type).

It if it is under 75 K in size then it will upload to this site and then get a URL you can use to paste into your post.

The website won't load it directly off your hard drive, it has to load it from somewhere on the internet. Either hosted by this site or hosted by some other computer that is always hooked up to the internet. (a server).

There are many free photo hosting websites that will let you upload your pictures to use anywhere you want on the internet. You may need to check the settings on the site so the pictures are public before they will show up for anyone else.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •