The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"smileys"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-07, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"smileys"
Is it possible to upload smileys, from smiley central into your posts? If so,How is this done.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: smileys mysticwolf 03-23-07 1
   RE: smileys agman 03-25-07 2
       RE: smileys Snidget 03-26-07 3
           RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 4
               RE: smileys Snidget 03-26-07 5
                   RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 10
               RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 6
                   RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 7
                       RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 8
                           RE: smileys dabo 03-27-07 13
                               RE: smileys agman 03-27-07 16
                       RE: smileys agman 03-26-07 9
                           RE: smileys mysticwolf 03-27-07 11
                               RE: smileys agman 03-27-07 14
                           RE: smileys dabo 03-27-07 12
                               RE: smileys agman 03-27-07 15
                                   RE: smileys agman 03-27-07 17

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-23-07, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: smileys"
Not that I know of, but I'll admit I haven't tried. Smiley Central's downloads are riddled with spyware and adware, so I don't go anywhere near it.

You can use the emoticons that are available through the board. They're spy/ad-ware free. Otherwise, I can't help you. I'm not interested in helping people catch/pass on the flu.

Note: If you've been using them? You may want to run a full spyware scan (not the same as a virus scan) on your system. That might have something to do with the other problem you posted about, as well.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary
Yes, after 20+ yrs. in I.T., I know spy/ad-ware when I see it. Beware the Central.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-25-07, 08:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: smileys"
Thank you Mystic
I ran the Spy/adware program and cleaned everything out! I also wasn't aware of the Smiley central problem! Now I will stay away too. I also appreciate you looking after my health.
er...my computer's health Have a great week Agman

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 06:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: smileys"
There are some sites that allow the smilies to be used on bulliten boards and with just the URL of the smilies you can get them to post here.

http://www.planetsmilies.com
http://www.yelims.com

You can also download them to your computer then upload them to the site like any other picture. Have you resolved the problems you had doing that?

03-26-07, 08:41 PM (EST)
4. "RE: smileys"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 08:46 PM (EST)

>

>
>other picture. Have you
>resolved the problems you had
>doing that?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-26-07, 08:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: smileys"
You are missing part of it. There would be a .jpg or .gif or something, you need to get it all the way to the very end.

03-26-07, 09:27 PM (EST)
10. "RE: smileys"

This picture probably won't come out right but at least now I can get into my user profile and I am able to upload pictures onto the site.(These two things I couldn't do last time! I was also able to paste this address so it comes on all the time. the only problem now is that I still can't get the picture. Any ideas? This picture is the one you uploaded for me. Thanks

03-26-07, 08:49 PM (EST)
6. "RE: smileys"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 08:50 PM (EST)

yes, I just tried . the good news is I can now find my profile, AND my upload was finally successful when I first tried. NONE of this happened before. I still can't get the picture to cooperate
I retyped the address and got the x sorry. But it does now end in jpg

03-26-07, 08:54 PM (EST)
7. "RE: smileys"
LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 08:57 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07 AT 08:56 PM (EST)

the address is posted in my profile so when I send a message it (the address) always appears with it. Unfortunately still no picture. I wonder if either the size is wrong or I've loaded it on too many times? Here's another try

03-26-07, 09:06 PM (EST)
8. "RE: smileys"

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: smileys"

03-27-07, 05:17 PM (EST)
16. "RE: smileys"
>

is this close enough? Thank You very much
>

03-26-07, 09:18 PM (EST)
9. "RE: smileys"
>LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07
>AT 08:57 PM (EST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON 03-26-07
>AT 08:56 PM (EST)

>
>
>
>
>
>the address is posted in my
>profile so when I send
>a message it (the address)
>always appears with it.
>Unfortunately still no picture.
>I wonder if either the
>size is wrong or I've
>loaded it on too many
>times? Here's another
>try

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: smileys"
There is a button, to the left of the "Post Message" button called "Preview". If you do a Preview you can see whether a message appears as you would like it to. Just use your browser's Back Button to cancel the post if you want/need to try again.

While we want to help you, the Help Forum isn't actually a test site to see if our advice, or your experimentation, has worked.

Glad you got rid of your spyware. Do you have a blocker? The Google one, available if you download the Google toolbar, works pretty well. Yahoo's toolbar and their add-ins also come with spyware that you may want to be aware of. Just in case you're using it.

No. I don't work for Google.

Tribe sent springtime flowers! blogging's scary

03-27-07, 02:00 PM (EST)
14. "RE: smileys"
>There is a button, to the

>While we want to help you,
>the Help Forum isn't actually
>a test site to see
>if our advice, or your
>experimentation, has worked.
>

I'm very sorry about that! I got a bit carried away and wasn't thinking. I have since been practicing by using preview! Once again, thank you for your help and don't worry, I didn't think you worked for Google Sorry to clutter the boards

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

03-27-07, 01:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: smileys"
Somehow you don't seem to be getting the addy copied correctly.

/user_files/460/ace7f47eo4f.jpg (lowercase u, extra /, 2 characters missing)
/User_files/44508c1044d1d527.gif

03-27-07, 02:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: smileys"
I think the problem is my computer. I must have something blocked because I went back and tried it using an address I know works(Snidget had compied something for me that worked for her.) and it wouldn't work for me. I double and triple checked the address. I'll keep working but if you think of anything feel free to let me know. Yes I will practice using preview from now on!!!!!!! As I told Mystic, sorry about all the clutter! thank you very much, agman

03-27-07, 05:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: smileys"

As
>I told Mystic, sorry about
>all the clutter! thank you
>very much, agman

And to all who helped me.....Magnificent preformance your'e through to the next round!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •