The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"HELP! Have to refresh constantly..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-06, 10:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"HELP! Have to refresh constantly..."
Just to get page to show up!
OK, I am having a big problem, mostly at this site, but occasionally at others to a MUCH lesser extent...
When I click on the forum or thread I want, (esp when it is an individual thread), I often have to click refresh several times, or just give up and start ALL over again from scratch...
I see the progress bar at the bottom go all across... sometimes all the way, sometimes not, as I watch various things show up at the bottome... it often seems to hang when the one that says something like ads2googlesyndication.com.... appears.
Eventually it will say "done" in the left bottom corner, and then the progress meter goes away, and the little computer things stop blinking.

I have IE6, windowsXP fully updated, McAfee virus scan.

HELP! This is really getting bad!

(P.S. I wonder if this is the same problem that has been plaguing Rebel Crown, when she has been trying to enter the college football pool on the OT sports forum????)

"A man's soul can be judged by the way he treats his dog."
- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: HELP! Have to refresh constant... tribephyl 11-14-06 1
   RE: HELP! Have to refresh constant... Snidget 11-15-06 2
       RE: HELP! Have to refresh constant... RudyRules 11-15-06 3
 Similar but not the same Rebel Crown 11-15-06 4
   My problem solved? RudyRules 11-22-06 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-06, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: HELP! Have to refresh constantly..."
I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with it, but I too have to refresh the page to get new posted messages to show up.
I blame it on the Mark button above.
I went 5 years without toucing it then bam all of a sudden I decide on a whim to click it and then everything went wiggy.
Pages never fully loaded. Pages loaded without the current number of posts, etc.

Blame the Mark. I do. (Or have you never toucvhed it?)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-06, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: HELP! Have to refresh constantly..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-06 AT 07:29 AM (EST)

Hmmm.... I use the Mark all the time. I lvoe the Mark. It has never done anything funky to me.

Rudy--Have you tried cleaning out the files on the computer. If you use explorer you go to tools, internet options, then delete files. Sometimes I've had to delete cookies as well when I've had weird web page issues.

ETA: I have heard of problems with another site I am on where sometimes the ads from google or other sites do not load well and it can hang up the site. If it takes too long to load your computer will eventually stop loading it and you have to start all over.

11-15-06, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: HELP! Have to refresh constantly..."
TP... no, it isn't that I have to refresh to get NEW posts... that has always been true.

It is that the page or thread won't load AT ALL!

And yes Snidget, I clear my temp files every time I sign off.
This comes and goes somewhat... right now, not bad. Yesterday, got REALLY bad. To post this thread I had to refresh about 5 times! And playing in Tribey's auction game... sigh, refresh... BLANK screen... refresh... Blank screen... eventually starting at the main SB page all over again (several times).

- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

Rebel Crown 1411 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-06, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebel%20Crown Click to send private message to Rebel%20Crown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Similar but not the same"
LAST EDITED ON 11-15-06 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

It does sound like the problems are similar, Rudy. But, I don't get even that far. At least you're getting the page to load.

My problem is that, when I click on the Sports forum, I get "Error; page not found". This has happened for a few weeks now; usually in the Sports forum (sigh...it would be in one of the places where I actually say anything!), but it has happened with a couple other ones.

Every once in a while, the forum loads and I can make my picks. Then, I go back to hoping every day that I can re-open it to see the results.

Anyhoo, I saw my name mentioned and wanted to (faint); I mean maybe help Rudy with his problem. Not that this is much help, but it may be helpful to those who know what they're doing.

11-22-06, 04:55 PM (EST)
5. "My problem solved?"
My problem was apparently with the web accelerator that comes with my dial up connection... I shut it off... things are better (SLOW but better), so I deleted the accelerator altogether and then reinstalled it... VOILA'... MUCH better!

RC, if you have something like an accelerator, see if that maybe the problem.

- Charles Doran
Rudy's Place

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •