The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Disappearing PMs?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-25-06, 11:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Disappearing PMs?"
Sometimes I log on and I have a "red flaggy thingy" showing, but when I go to my inbox there is nothing there. I've always assumed that it was some kind of glitch, but I don't want anyone to think that I'm being rude and not responding to thier mail.
My momma taught me to always answer my mail.
So is it a glitch or have I been dissing people for months?

Sig by Cygnus
"A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side." - Aristotle, philosopher (384-322 BCE)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 If you delete your cookies IceCat 05-26-06 1
 RE: Disappearing PMs? mrc 05-26-06 2
   RE: Disappearing PMs? Prof_ Wagstaff 05-26-06 3
       RE: Disappearing PMs? Snidget 05-26-06 4
           RE: Disappearing PMs? Prof_ Wagstaff 05-26-06 5
 RE: Disappearing PMs? kingfish 06-27-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-06, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "If you delete your cookies"
... your red flaggy will start to wave even if there are no new messages.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID33/242.shtml

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Disappearing PMs?"
If you're logging in from a new computer or after clearing your cookies, I think the mailbox flag comes up, even if you only have old messages in your inbox. I thought the same thing as you.

Someone will be along shortly with a more technical answer.

05-26-06, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disappearing PMs?"
I think that was about as technical an answer as I can handle. Thanks to you both. I will return to not worrying about it.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-06, 08:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Disappearing PMs?"
Here is a fairly non-technical explaination.

In order for you to be alerted to a new message something has to remember which ones you read.

With some software the main computer where the board lives keeps track of what you read.

It looks like for this board the one who remembers is the local computer. Sometimes your own computer will forget (the cookie thing) and you get the flag. Sometimes you log into a new computer that doesn't have any idea what you were doing with other computers behind its back, so it will give you a flag.

05-26-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Disappearing PMs?"
Thanks Snidget, for the non-tech explanation. Even I could understand that.

Sometimes
>you log into a new
>computer that doesn't have any
>idea what you were doing
>with other computers behind its
>back, so it will give
>you a flag.
So you're saying that can get a red flag for playing with another computer when the first computer ain't lookin'.
Now that's spooky!

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

06-27-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Disappearing PMs?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-27-06 AT 06:33 PM (EST)

Ed to delete

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •