The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Server not found"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-16-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail strid333 Click to send private message to strid333 Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Server not found"
Is anybody else experiencing server problems here? Recently, I'm finding that with some frequency, I get server not found errors. The page that I'm supposed to see is coming up after I hit back and click on the link again or else I can also, sometimes, hit refresh. It is scattered all over. In OT, Survivor, TAR, AI . . .

I'm just wondering if it's my internet or if it is the boards.

Three is the perfect number.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Server not found Swami 04-20-05 1
   RE: Server not found Capn2patch 04-27-05 2
 I noticed similar symptoms IceCat 04-27-05 3
   RE: I noticed similar symptoms Swami 04-28-05 4
   using dial up these days moonbaby 04-28-05 5
   RE: I noticed similar symptoms HistoryDetective 04-28-05 6
 Page not found and slow page links ... LookeeLoo 04-28-05 7
 RE: Server not found applejack93 05-09-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-20-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Server not found"
I get that sometimes and it's very frustrating. It seems to happen here more than other places. I have always blamed a freak combination of my DSL & an internet provider who uses really old-old buried telephone cables, along with the various security stuff my DH has loaded. Not sure if this makes sense or not, LOL. Often rebooting cures the problem Some days I just get tired of re-booting and give up on posting altogether.

My DH is convinced that instant messaging opens your computer up to all sorts of nasty privacy invasions, so he keeps all possible messaging stuff turned off. I'm not sure that's true, but security is a big issue since we both use this 'puter for proprietary type work stuff.

I too could use some advice. Like, what settings when turned on or off affect your posting ability.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Capn2patch 2755 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-27-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Capn2patch Click to send private message to Capn2patch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Server not found"
Today especially has been dreadful. I thought that our connection at work was skewed but I've just logged on now to RTVW from home and will all the popups it's taking forever for the pages to load. I'm all for free enterprise but at some point it has to match up with service. The poor dial up peeps must just be fuming.

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

04-27-05, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "I noticed similar symptoms"
LAST EDITED ON 04-27-05 AT 10:13 PM (EST)

Very slow page load times.

I'm pretty sure that the ads are not causing the problem, tho.

Swami 5883 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 09:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Swami Click to send private message to Swami Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I noticed similar symptoms"
I wish it weren't so. I usually like to check out 6-8 forums right away when I log on--but lately I've been just giving up because I am worried that my house will be overrun by a glacier while I am waiting... waiting... then getting that Server Not found kiss-off message.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "using dial up these days"
is slower than Meredith and Gretchen on a Roadblock If it is stalling I run Adaware, and the thing has anywhere from 3-5 little buggers on it after just logging in to OT. I delete em and it works a bit better.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-28-05, 05:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: I noticed similar symptoms"
I am not a dial-up user currently - but the pages are taking longer to load than when I was a dial-up user. This has only been the case for the last week or so, but it is very frustrating to wait MINUTES to move from one page to another. Is there anything I should do to my computer (Mac PowerBook G4) or browser (Safari) to improve the situation?

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-28-05, 07:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LookeeLoo Click to send private message to LookeeLoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Page not found and slow page links here"
I have been experienceing this for about 2.5 to 3 weeks now. I've spent some time testing other sites and it appears to be just RTW for me. My router link activity shows no activity when requesting a page. My router and cable modem lights are active.

I don't think its the popups either. I've reset my cable modem and router, cleared my temporary internet files and I still get page not found, or the attempt to link to another RTW page just stops being active.

Nothing has changed on my end, so I hope this symptom doesn't last much longer.

LookeeLoo

Another Dicey Original 2004

applejack93 288 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-09-05, 02:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail applejack93 Click to send private message to applejack93 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Server not found"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 02:28 AM (EST)

I don't think it's your connection, because it's been happening to me too and I live on the other side of the world. Sometimes the thing won't even load at all, no matter what i do. That and the pages are taking ages to load when they finally decide to (even though I have broadband).

Does RTW have any scheduled "down-times" (e.g. for maintenance or something)? Because if they do, that might explain why the pages won't load at certain times of the day for me.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •