The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"What have I done?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Help Forum (Protected)
Original message

diamond 2307 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-15-04, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"What have I done?"
So I seem to be having a little trouble accessing RTW. Not sure if it's something I've done, or something my dastardly employer has done, or something else entirely, but I would like to fix it, and soon.

Yesterday, right before noon, I made two posts on OT. After making the second post, I tried to go back to the main OT page, and got an error message that said the following:

You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.realitytvworld.com home page.

You can click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
Internet Explorer

I got this error for the forum pages, as well as for the RTW home page. At the time, I thought it meant that the site was down, so I didn't think much of it. The language of the error makes it sound like it's RTW that's not letting me view the site, rather than something on my end.

However, then I got home and had no trouble accessing the site, and I saw that other people had been posting all day, so obviously, the site had not been down.

Back to work today, still can't get on the site. It has nothing to do with being logged in or not - I can't view anything at all.

Based on the fact that I was posting right before this happened yesterday, and made no changes to my computer or my browser, I don't think I did anything to cause the problem (e.g., like some sort of security setting or cookie issue).

The only other possibility I can think of is that my employer suddenly decided to start blocking anything with "realitytvworld" in the URL. It turns out that I can still access the parts of the site that don't have that word (e.g., survivorblows.com, theamazingracesucks.com, etc.).

However, other sites that are blocked by my employer (such as Hotmail) get a different message, one that says that the company has blocked the specific site I tried to access. I would think that if they were blocking RTW, I'd get that type of error message, but I'm not.

So, of course the big question is, does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

Please, someone help meeeee! Posting at home just ain't gonna cut it, because I'm never here! *sob*

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: What have I done? okaychatt 06-15-04 1
 RE: What have I done? SurvivorBlows 06-16-04 2
   RE: What have I done? diamond 06-16-04 3
       RE: What have I done? true 06-16-04 4
       RE: What have I done? dabo 06-17-04 5
           RE: What have I done? diamond 06-17-04 6
               RE: What have I done? KScott 06-18-04 7
 That makes two of us buckeyegirl 07-21-04 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-15-04, 10:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail okaychatt Click to send private message to okaychatt Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: What have I done?"
Diamond - I haven't a clue.

Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of supervisors? Somehow, I think that's the answer.

okaychatt -Everyone is entitled to my opinion!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-16-04, 07:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivorBlows Click to send private message to SurvivorBlows Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: What have I done?"
Sorry diamond, I have no clue either -- it's not any error message that I've ever seen before, and you're right, it sounds like some internal forewall message.

Do you get it with both community.realitytvworld.com and www.realitytvworld.com???

06-16-04, 08:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail diamond Click to send private message to diamond Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: What have I done?"
Yeah, both of those - pretty much anything with "realitytvworld" anywhere in the URL. When I get onto the show pages (like survivorblows.com), I can see the page, but all the graphics show up as red X's. When I looked at the properties of the graphics, they indeed had "realitytvworld" in their location code (not sure if that's the right term, but I think you should know what I'm talking about).

Majorly bumming.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

06-16-04, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: What have I done?"
That's so odd, diamond. (not to mention a real bummer!)

I would find it weird that if your employer blocked it, the message would tell you to contact the website. Strange.

I hope you get it resolved quickly!

We need to get a back door for diamond!

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-04, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: What have I done?"
If you know of another site with "tv" as part of its name try getting that to come up, see if there's some kind of general filtering going on. Try same with "reality" while you're at it.

06-17-04, 09:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: What have I done?"
No, it's just the full "realitytvworld".

I think Webby is probably right that it's some kind of firewall issue. They've been doing things to our network recently because of all the virus problems. I have no idea why there would only be a problem with RTW, but not any other sites, though. If it were an active block, I really think I'd get a different error message.

*sigh* This makes me sad. Who wants to help me break through a firewall?

Well, there is one solution - I could just quit my job. Anyone want to pay me to sit at home and surf the internet all day?

KScott 3265 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-18-04, 08:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail KScott Click to send private message to KScott Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: What have I done?"
>Well, there is one
>solution - I could just
>quit my job. Anyone
>want to pay me to
>sit at home and surf
>the internet all day?

I would hate to have a job where I actually had to work.

- of course it's a Slicey!
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-04, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "That makes two of us"
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 06:16 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-21-04 AT 11:03 AM (EST)
ETA: That I can now access SB from AOL, but it gave me this message all day, no matter what I did, but would let me go to other sites. Darn AOL.

I'm on AOL, and that message has happened to me three times today. The weird thing is that I can access it from my internet explorer.
ETA: This is my message:
570 User Identification Failed
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Click the Reload or Refresh button to try again. If the problem persists, exit the service, then sign back on. You may also need to shut down other programs and restart your computer.

-I've done this and it still says the same thing

-is beginning to hate AOL

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •