The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dum, de dum dum........"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 12060 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-19-09, 06:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dum, de dum dum........"
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-09 AT 07:55 PM (EST)

My name is Sergeant Joe Friday,

It was Wednesday July 6th, we were working the day watch out of the nuisance calls division of the LAPD.

My partner Frank Smith and I had been assigned to the Nuisance Squad (aka Noogies) because of a recent upsurge in calls from the Catzebo section of LA. A demented transient known by his hobo friends as “The Prof”, and also known for his drink of choice, Aqua Velva, and for his amorous obsession with opossums and used opossum underwear, had infiltrated the basement of a known distributor of illegal Upper Himalayan Toad skins, the Fooners. Because no eyewitnesses had been known to survive their “Couch Surfing” scam, we were all a’twitter with the possibility of bringing in these legendary tequila hoarders. The street had it that the Fooners were single handedly responsible for the Blue Agave scarcity which had driven the cost of a barrel of tequila up to $150 for the 100 proof stuff.

Well, Frank and I were both fond of our frozen Margaritas, so we responded. We formed a task force of two and devised a simple but diabolical plan to flush out the Fooners and silence the nuisance that was “The Prof”.

The plan was, as mentioned, simple. We would maintain our usual surveillance from the Dunkin Donut shop nearest the dead end cul-de-sac that was Cupracabra Lane, the lane where little hope enters, and less emerges, the street of no return, the avenue of real scary thingies including dancing Cupracabras and small mammal Catzeboes.

Frank and I had become nationally renown for the special donut shop surveillance techniques we developed. It was our specialty, and we worked hard on it. We even became part time instructors at the police academy. It was our hope that we could pass on our donut shop surveillance techniques to the cadets so that they wouldn't have to learn these lessons the hard way.

We were responsible for a record for which the department had received numerous awards and plaques. No Dunkin Donut Shop had never been stolen while we were on the job. Not one. Ever.

I checked out our usual unmarked Fairlane 500 and drove to the shop where, after reading the building blueprints and evaluating the angles we set up our 24/7 watch at the third table on the right (as you enter).

We knew it would take a long time to bring these miscreants to justice, and both Frank and I had had to let our plain grey suit pants out a few times. And, in fact, after a while our booth had to be reinforced with heavy wide-flanged I-Beams, but we were making a difference, dam it, the evil forces of Cupracabra Lane just had to be stopped.

From our table, in between bites, we could just see the Fooner’s front porch, and the hand lettered sign, “Couch Surfing Central”. Clever. Insane, but clever, only a truly demented genius would think to put a sign on their porch. Frank and I would have to be at our sharpest to catch these evil doers.

On this particular day, we watched as a demented apparition with a Groucho nose disguise slithered up the steps and rang the bell. We could just hear it yelling “We want in, my precious, we want in. No we don’t! Yes we do, Oh, my precious, we wants in”. The door was answered, and the squiggly one could be heard to beg in the most deplorable whine “Do you have a spare bottle of Aqua Velva? No? A bottle of Listerine?” I am a Prof with a misspent life, a waste, really, and all I want out of this world anymore is to stay soddenly drunk and sleep on couches. I saw your sign and I... (mumble mumble blah blah).

He disappeared through the grotty door, and after about an hour we received word that a call had been received from this residence. Someone was complaining of being locked up in a basement with glowing ladybugs that bit.

Frank mentioned that that seemed a little odd and what did I think?. I reminded him that unless we caught the Prof in the actual act of boinking a possum, (statute 401 of the LA Penis Code), or the Fooners of enticing a pervert, that we were powerless. I further reminded him that with the last couple dozen bear-claws, neither one of us could actually extricate ourselves from the booth, and that even though we might make something stick on the pervert bit, we were powerless to even stand up. So, maybe the better course would be to wait until that idiot could lead us to Mr. or Mrs. Big.

As fate would have it, the South California Al Borja winds hit the LA San Andrea’s fault line resulting in a 6.1 with us (those dam donuts) as the epicenter, and we found ourselves bounced out of the booth, out of the shop and propelled up onto the Fooners porch. This felt to us to be a little preposterous, but maybe it was fate asking us to do our jobs. So we knocked and tried to run away. Except that we couldn’t run anywhere, we could only wiggle our fat arms and legs a little, Oh well.

After a polite moment, the door swung open and from an impossible height, an emaciated skull face appeared and asked how many Squirrel Exercise Machines (SEM) s we wanted. (Obviously another scam on society, ooooh these guys were real baddies).

Taken aback, I blurted out “3” and Frank spat out “6”, then I said “I mean 6” and Frank stammered “I mean 3”. We had our Abbot and Costello routine down pat for just such occasions as this and were smoothly stuttering and stammering to beat the band. Then I showed the receipt for a gas bill to the skull, pretending that it was a search warrant, and he smiled (yeah, it wasn’t a smile, it was a hideous gash with yellow/black teeth) and welcomed me in, still under the illusion that we were there in answer to his advert.

The spiel, and I quote...

“We are sure your brief stay will be a happy and safe adventure.”

“Don‘t concern yourself with the Hazmat truck out front. Strange blue-green Ebola-type bugs jumped off the last couchsurfer, and the sterilization crew think they poisoned almost all of them. “

He’s gone, anyway. Left without even saying goodbye. “

“No, sorry, the Louis XVI” {ed. This was a such a sorry pretense, it was so obviously Louis XIV} “in the main room isn‘t for sleeping on. No, we don’t use the Ming vases for spittoons.”

(This just as Frank let go a long, brown sticky wad at the aforementioned vase...I pretended I didn’t see him do it, or hear it, or notice the part that missed, or the part that killed an unfortunate mouse bystander)

(Continuing, and omitting some...)

“We keep our cash in the upper left hand side drawer of the bedroom armoire.”

(leaving out some more..)

“Please leave your shoes outside. On second thought, please stay in your shoes.
We’ll bring out pie to start.”

We declined the pie, there was stuff still alive in it and I was feeling a donut about to hurl itself back toward the donut shop, so we just asked to visit the bedroom (see above) and the basement. There were noises coming out of the kitchen which sounded like a... oh say.... maybe a opossum boinking a cat... not that I know what that sounds like...but that would put it in the jurisdiction of someone (anyone) else and I didn’t want to disturb the evidence. I am meticulous like that so I put my hands over my ears and murmured lalalalalalalalala as we bypassed the kitchen.

After collecting the cash evidence from the bedroom and conscientiously putting it in an evidence bag and marking it “MINE”, I opened the door to the basement....and there slivered the Gollum aka the Prof, naked, but with smooth patches where anything interesting would be on anybody else. In days to follow we would discuss how he could possibly have been amorous with opossums, that would become a matter of speculation. Meanwhile, back in the basement, we saw that he had located a barrel from the Fooner Tequila hoard and was peaceably oblivious to anything else except the steady stream of flow coming out of the barrel. We asked him if he was the caller, or if he wished to file a complaint against the Fooners, He didn’t answer, so that was that.

I looked at Frank, he looked at me, and we came to a silent accord. We see nothing, everything seems to be in order, lets get the hell out of here. If someone wanted to bring down the Fooner Couchsurfing Scam Crime ring, or to apprehend the nuisance that was the Prof, they could just do it themselves. We waddled down to the Fairlane, drove to the station, and ended our shift.

Such are the Tales of Dragnet. Not to be confused with Tales of Drag which are produced on another network by the Gollum Prof himself.

Signing off. Joe Friday and Frank Smith.

Dum, Da Dum Dum.........Dummmmm.!!!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dum, de dum dum........ Karchita 01-20-09 1
 RE: Dum, de dum dum........ Ahtumbreez 01-21-09 2
 RE: Dum, de dum dum........ qwertypie 01-21-09 3
 RE: Dum, de dum dum........ suzzee 01-21-09 4
 RE: Dum, de dum dum........ Prof_ Wagstaff 01-22-09 5
   RE: Dum, de dum dum........ kingfish 01-23-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Karchita 3533 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-20-09, 10:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Karchita Click to send private message to Karchita Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
You know that you're crazy, don't you?

*smoochie*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-09, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
Now this is entertainment!

Agman took me to the islands

qwertypie 7918 desperate attention whore postings

01-21-09, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
*stunned silence*

suzzee 2763 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-21-09, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
You're crazy like a fox. Now I've got Dragnet music running through my head. I see Joe Friday in my head. With a possum. And booze. lalalalalala

Dr. Gonzo: Let's give the boy a lift.
Raoul Duke: What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country.
Tribe Magic

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

01-22-09, 11:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to send private message to Prof_%20Wagstaff Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
I haven't been able to afford Aqua Velva since my OBE Oobie 401k tanked.

You are one crazy SOB. Of course it's easy to be funny when you're livin' one floor below the CEO's penthouse.
As opposed to those of us who have to slave away down here in the lab, living on Cheetos and Mountain Dew.

Say, donja have a couch at your house? See you soon.

...because people often come bearing gifts.

kingfish 12060 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-09, 08:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dum, de dum dum........"
Cheetos?

You stay out of my Cheetos. I'd hate to have to decend in the penthouse elevator to the sub-sub-sub basement and have the butler and head chef whip up on you.

I do have a fold out for you, it's out on the..er..balcony...just step out through this window..nah..don't bother looking first....

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •