The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-16-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
INTERVIEW: "The Amazing Race" Dating Couple Bobby Kingsford and Caroline Clarkson Talk

Dating couple Bobby Kingsford and Caroline Clarkson dug themselves a hole in Mozambique, falling over two hours behind the next-to-last team. That team used a Fast Forward in Botswana, and the last-place team never had a chance to recover.

When it all ended, the 25-year-old actor and 26-year-old marketing professional from Cherry Hills Village, CO were the sixth team to be eliminated from the Amazing Race just beyond the halfway point.

On Thursday, Bobby and Caroline talked to RealityTVWorld.com about their experience, being spared elimination twice, the status of their relationship, and whether or not Bobby has had any luck launching his acting career.

RealityTVWorld.com: How were you cast for The Amazing race?
Bobby: That was my doing. I felt like I needed to do something to prove that I could be a hard worker, and I also felt like Caroline needed a vacation, so I pushed her to help me create a tape and send it in.
Caroline: That's absolutely true. I told Bobby he had to do something, and this wasn't what I had in mind, but I was happy with it.

RTVW: Caroline, you got on Bobby's case a lot before and during the Race about not being a very hard worker. Has he gotten better?
Caroline: I would say so. I think he really has a few leads into launching his acting career. It's been me that has stopped a lot of his moves, since I don't really want to leave Denver.
Bobby: I've really thought about trying to go to L.A. for my own career, but I can't sabotage Caroline's. She's making great money and we live in a nice neighborhood.

RTVW: Do you guys are definitely still together.
Bobby: Yes.
(Caroline flashes her left hand, which has an engagement ring on it. The ring has a single princess-cut diamond on a gold band.)

RTVW: Congratulations.
Caroline: Thanks.
Bobby: This was what most of my prize money is going to.

RTVW: When did you propose, Bobby?
Bobby: Right after we got back, I bought an engagement ring and surprised her at work.
Caroline: I was really glad he did. I was having a rough day, and seeing him brightened it right away. I didn't even notice at first that he was on one knee with a box in his hand.
Bobby: Her boss nearly flipped his lid when he found out I proposed at the office, but he grudgingly got over it.

RTVW: So Bobby, I take it you're not actually working right now.
Bobby: No. I'd like to be, but it hasn't happened yet.
Caroline: Like I said, he tried, and I'm stepping on his toes.
Bobby: I'm not upset about it. If she wants me to stay home, I'll do it.

RTVW: Caroline, you had a reputation as bossy and demanding on the Race. How accurate is that?
Caroline: It depends on how much pressure I'm under. At work, I am very demanding, and after a rough day, I sometimes take that out on Bobby. If I'm not at work and can take it easy, I can actually be a lot of fun.
Bobby: I don't see that side of Caroline that much. She's always so busy.

RTVW: What happened at the horse Detour in Mozambique?
Bobby: I got frustrated, and I couldn't figure out how to get any further. I virtually gave up and just wanted to go to the other option.
Caroline: I was no help, either. I found out later that {"Ex-Girlfriends" Allison "Spike" Blades and Jennifer Ellsworth} had help from {"Teacher and Former Student" Carrie Burnside and Dana Quinn,} and when we got to sequester, I knew why.
Bobby: The other teams pretty much hated us.

RTVW: Is that still true?
Bobby: I've heard from no one since we came back.
Caroline: I've talked to {"Father and Son" Steve and Darius Brooks.} But that's it.

RTVW: Was the horse Detour what sank you guys?
Caroline: I think so. We came into that leg with a fighting chance, but by the end, we were too far behind to make a difference.
Bobby: The Toll Booth pretty much ensured that we weren't going to last.

RTVW: Why did the Toll Booth get more severe? If another team had been last, would they have been so severely penalized in Botswana?
Caroline: No. We got that punishment because we finished last in two legs. We found out later that, if we had survived and finished last again, we would have had to pay another $100 and take a 60-minute penalty no matter how we finished in the following leg.
Bobby: And we would have been automatically U-Turned.
Caroline: So basically, if that leg didn't kill us, another Toll Booth would have.

RTVW: You guys seemed to have a rivalry with {"Married Couple" Jeffrey and Bryan Masters.} How serious was that?
Bobby: It was worse early on, but when Jeffrey and Bryan were sequestered at Pit Stops, it died down a bit.
Caroline: I was a little surprised they U-Turned us when they did, and that was what started it.
Bobby: I was shocked that they did it, considering Jeffrey was blinded by her blind hatred for a few other teams.

RTVW: You guys don't seem like you would be a target of Jeffrey's.
Bobby: We were a target of Bryan's, though. That man doesn't discriminate; he'll step over anyone.

RTVW: Bobby, it seemed like Caroline might have to keep you on a leash because some of the females might be attracted to you. What was that like?
Caroline: Bobby's a nice-looking guy, yes, but it seemed like most of the eyes were focused on {"Father and Son" Charlie and Derek Forrest.} At least no one tried to kiss Bobby.
Bobby: Caroline would probably have hurt them, although if people want to look at me, I won't tell them not to.

RTVW: So what's next for you guys? Caroline, back to the marketing firm?
Caroline: I love what I do, and even if we won the million, I wasn't going back to work.
Bobby: For me, I'm just enjoying life and trying to find some local acting gigs, but I haven't had any luck.

The Show Begins - air date 11/12/2008

The introductory shot is of Old Gaborone; in the distance is the Gaborone skyline, while smaller houses and streets are seen up close as people walk by.

Phil (voice-over): Previously on the Amazing Race...teams were transported from Maputo, Mozambique to Gaborone, Botswana and were immediately directed to a Kgalagadi bottoling plant by a cryptic clue.

Charlie: Go to where this logo directs you.

Phil (voice-over): Some teams were frustrated with not having much money.

Charlie: You have $22 for this leg of the Race.

Derek: It just never gets any easier.

Phil (voice-over): Alex and Elena stiffed a cab driver.

Team confessional, Alex and Elena.

Elena: I guess we forgot to pay our driver when we got in our car, but it wasn't something we really thought about.

Alex: When you have to get somewhere, the details sometimes get lost.

Phil (voice-over): Jim revealed just how serious his knee injury is.

Jim: One of the consequences of my knee problems is that I really can't do too much driving, either. So Tina's had to pick up the slack.

Tina: I grew up in Los Angeles. I can handle driving.

Phil (voice-over): Jennifer poured her heart out to Spike.

Jennifer: I know. I think I could give our relationship another try.

Spike: Wow.

Jennifer: What?

Spike: After everything I did to you, you want to stay with me?

Jennifer: Spike, you had a rough life.

Phil (voice-over): Spike dropped a bombshell.

Jennifer: You didn't hurt me. Why don't you want to be with me--

Spike (exasperated): Because you're not a lesbian, Jen.

Jennifer: So?

Spike: I knew full well that night you were straight, and I seduced you and took you away from you fiancé.

Phil (voice-over): But as she continued, she upset Jennifer.

Spike: I'm saying that I broke you and your fiancé up just because I wanted a girlfriend and didn't care how I got one. I didn't care who you were or how straight you were; you looked stable and I needed someone.

Jennifer looks long and hard at Spike.

Jennifer (shouting): You f------ bitch! You ruined my f------ life and made my parents look down on me just for your own needs? I don't f------ believe this! F------ hell!

Phil (voice-over): But she calmed down, and the two made peace.

Jennifer: Look, Spike, this was four years ago. I know why you did what you did.

Spike (still crying): I-I--

Jennifer: I forgive you, Spike. I'm glad we spent all this time together. You're a fantastic girl. I think we'll always be friends.

Phil (voice-over): Charlie and Derek passed on the Fast Forward, and Charlie decided to do the Roadblock.

Derek: Let's save the Fast Forward.

Charlie: All right. What's next?

Derek: Roadblock. Who's got a photographic memory?

Charlie: I need to do one.

Derek: Have fun.

Phil (voice-over): Charlie couldn't find an antelope, however.

Cut to Charlie missing a chance at an antelope.

Phil (voice-over): While Alexis and Spike passed them by.

Cut t Alexis and Spike pulling away from the safari trail.

Phil (voice-over): But their rivalry intensified.

Spike: Nice going blocking my view, you f------ bitch.

Alexis: You're just mad because you didn't think of it first, f-----.

Spike: Eat s--- and die, slut.

Phil (voice-over): Reggie and Dan decided to use the Fast Forward.

Reggie: Fast Forward.

Dan: Let's go for it.

Reggie: We're a million miles ahead of Colorado.

Dan: And a million miles behind every other team. We need this.

Phil (voice-over): And it got them out in front.

Phil: You're team number ONE!

Phil (voice-over): And they immediately announced their plans for the trip they won.

Reggie: At the start of the Race, we promised that any prizes we won would be auctioned off for our charities. Now we have something.

Phil: I think your charities will be very happy with this trip.

Reggie: I think so too.

Phil (voice-over): While Bobby and Caroline's deficit was too great, and they never made it out of last.

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Caroline: This was a rough time for us, but we made it.

Phil (voice-over): Eight teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

The opening credits begin to roll. At first, a Mercator projection of the world in black, green, and yellow, with the Amazing Race logo superimposed over it cuts to a view of an airplane flying above a layer of clouds. The phrase "14 teams of 2" appears on screen. The first team shown on screen is Leilani and Kea against an island backdrop. The credits continue to Carrie and Dana outside a college building, Hayley and Alexis in front of a row of prison cells, Reggie and Dan outside FedEx Field, Bobby and Caroline in front of their Colorado home, Ray and Jamal in front of a panoramic shot of the Gulf of Mexico, Tina and Jim on a football field sideline with a medical pod in the backdrop, Debra and Bob on a hilly road with their bikes, Alex and Elena on a college green, Jeffrey and Bryan in front of a construction site, Spike and Jennifer outside Seattle's City Hall, and Steve and Darius on a chicken ranch. In this ending, Eric and Jessica appear outside Jessica's home in Kansas, and Charlie and Derek appear on a hockey rink.

The screen cuts to commercial.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 1
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 2
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 3
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 4
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 5
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 06-16-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-16-08, 12:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Blog Entry, 10/30/2008
Authored by: Heather Cross, iwannabeasuperstar

Caroline's the only girl I know who's busier than me, it seems like, although I wonder if I'm surrounded by women who work hard and have lazy, shiftless husbands and boyfriends. It's almost making me wonder if that's the natural order of things. It's certainly how my life is, and it's definitely Bobby and Caroline's past and present.

Bobby's at least nice to Caroline, even if he does just about nothing to help out in making money or keeping the house going. Yes, it was nice of him to propose at Caroline's office, and that's where his prize money is going. But guess where Caroline's is going, and where part of her salary is going?

That's right - she's hiring a maid. The maid comes there to cook dinner four nights a week and clean the house once a week. She's getting paid $250 a week to do it, which is a lot more than what Caroline could get by making Bobby do it. She told me she did it to "make it up to Bobby." For what? Just because she won't drop everything and move to Hollywood to let Bobby sit on the couch in his underwear watching TV? That guy calls himself an actor? Come on. If he were an actor, he'd find at least something in Denver, even if it's in theater. It's not like he's a bad actor.

But if she can do it, more power to her. After taxes, that should be worth about three months of maid service. Hey, if it makes them happy...and I'm sure it does, since Caroline doesn't have to cook and clean. My God, my feet hurt after a long day of working and then coming home to a dirty house and a hungry boyfriend. And if the guy could cook or had any gumption, I might be less exhausted.

But hey, like Bobby, my guy looks good in his underwear, so I let him stick around.

Back from commercial.

Cut to an overview of Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park; the introductory shot is of the tent camp, and in the background are some shots of a lion chasing a zebra and a giraffe looking for food in a tree.

Phil (voice-over): This is Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. This nature preserve spanning two Africa countries is the eighth Pit Stop in a race around the world.

Cut to the arrivals of Reggie and Dan, Hayley and Alexis, Charlie and Derek, and Carrie and Dana's arrivals.

Phil (voice-over): Teams arrives here for a mandatory rest period, having no idea what's in store for them. Will Reggie and Dan be able to hang onto their advantage after using the Fast Forward?

Cut to Alex and Elena driving off without paying their cab driver.

Phil (voice-over): In the previous leg, Alex and Elena did not pay their cab driver; as such, they were penalized the amount of their cab fare and will not receive any money to start this leg of the Race.

Cut to the arrival of Reggie and Dan.

Phil (voice-over): Reggie and Dan, who were the first to arrive at 4:59 pm...

Cut to Reggie and Dan at the clue box.

Phil (voice-over): ...will depart at 4:59 am.

Reggie: Drive into Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel--

Cut to an overview of a plane taking off from Johannesburg.

Phil (voice-over): Teams must drive themselves to Johannesburg, South Africa, and fly over 4,000 miles to Tel Aviv, Israel. Once there, they must find Moshe Aviv Tower, the tallest building in Tel Aviv, where they must go to the top of the tower for their next clue.

Cut to Reggie and Dan.

Reggie: You have $15 for this leg of the Race.

Dan: Good thing we hardly spend anything.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, second to depart at 5:23 am.

Hayley: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Team confessional, Hayley and Alexis.

Hayley: In the last leg, we made a move from the back of the pack to the front, and we're staying there.

Alexis: If this means that teams don't see us as threatening until it's too late, so be it.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, third to depart at 5:24 am.

Derek: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Team confessional, Charlie and Derek.

Charlie: I'm used to being successful up until something really bad happens. And I'm seriously hoping that doesn't happen, since we've been in the top three in every leg so far.

Derek: Don't jinx us, Dad.

Charlie: I didn't jinx myself the last time and it still happened.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, fourth to depart at 5:41 am.

Spike: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Team confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Jennifer: Getting into Asia is usually a big deal, and here we are on our way to Asia.

Spike: Asia? We're going to the Middle East.

Jennifer: That's in Asia.

Spike: Sure, whatever.

Cut to Alex and Elena, fifth to depart at 5:52 am.

Alex: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel. We have no money for this leg.

Elena: We should have paid the driver.

Alex: That was, what, eight bucks?

Elena: I wonder what we lost.

Cut to Tina and Jim, sixth to depart at 5:53 am.

Tina: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel. I guess I have some more drive time ahead of me.

Jim: Sorry about that.

Tina: Just tell me you're getting it repaired after the Race.

Cut to OR Tambo International Airport; Reggie and Dan, currently in first place, are at the ticket counter.

Reggie: We need to get to Tel Aviv as quickly as possible.

Agent: The only thing we have is this afternoon at 12:40 pm; it gets into Tel Aviv at 9:45 pm this evening.

Team confessional, Reggie and Dan.

Dan: I felt like we lost our advantage at the ticket counter because everyone was on the same flight as us.

Reggie: It's tough for us to stay ahead of the game, and sometimes we feel like we're not going to win, but we just have to do what we can to stay at it.

Cut to Carrie and Dana, seventh to depart at 6:10 am.

Carrie: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Dana: How much money do we have?

Carrie: $15.

Dana: Damn. No wonder we're hungry all the time.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, last to depart at 6:14 am.

Bryan: Drive yourselves to Johannesburg and fly to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Jeffrey: Let's just get through this as fast as we can. I want another prize.

Cut to OR Tambo International Airport; Hayley and Alexis, Charlie and Derek, and Spike and Jennifer are in line buying tickets.

Hayley: We need to get to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Agent: The only flight today takes off at 12:40 pm and lands in Tel Aviv at 9:45 pm.

Hayley: There's nothing faster?

Agent: No, nothing.

Hayley: Damn.

Hayley: It just never gets any easier to keep our edge. The teams are tougher, and I think all the teams with no chance are gone.

Alexis: All we can reasonably do at this point is try to get inside other teams' heads.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis waiting at the gate; Spike and Jennifer walk up and take a seat away from them.

Carrie sits down next to Spike as Dana gets up to get something to eat; she sees Spike holding a locket.

Carrie: Hey, what's that?

Spike: This is a locket I've had since I was a little girl. I guard this with my life. It's all I have to remember my dad.

Carrie: Really. What happened to him?

Spike: I don't want to discuss it.

Carrie: I understand.

Alexis is standing near them with a smug look.

Alexis: Come on, little girl. Out with it.

Spike: It's none of your f------ business.

Alexis: Hey, I didn't say anything. I just want to know what's with the necklace.

Spike: It's from my dad, OK?

Alexis: Sure. What did he do, hand you a necklace and then hit the road?

Spike (sharply): Don't you dare talk about my father like that. He loved me.

Alexis: Sure he did. That's why he left.

Spike (shouting): My father didn't leave, you f------ bitch! He's been dead since I was eight! How f------ dare you talk about him like that! F--- you, bitch!

Spike starts to sob as Alexis continues to sneer at her.

Alexis: Whatever you say. Now go have a cigarette and tell yourself your dad loved you--

Carrie (sternly): Mind your own damn business, Alexis. You don't know a damn thing about her or her father.

Spike (crying): He died in a car accident, OK? He never left me. Never. (shouting): Never, you hear? Never speak about my dad again!

Alexis: Sure, whatever. Car accident. How long after he left did he die, bitch?

Carrie (angrily): I said to back off, and so did Spike. Now get the f--- on before one of us gives you a reason to cry. I don't know what the hell your dad did, but you have no right to talk about Spike's dad like that.

Alexis coolly walks back to Hayley, who sits with a frustrated look on her face.

Hayley (to Alexis): Not cool.

Alexis: I just wanted to get in Spike's head, OK? I have no idea what happened to her father, and frankly, I don't care. My father left, so since I figured out she didn't have a dad growing up, I used that story and projected it onto her. I figured I couldn't lose.

Hayley: You lost a lot of my respect.

Alexis: Whatever you say.

ut to Jennifer and Carrie trying to comfort a crying Spike, who is gripping her locket.

Carrie: Don't listen to her. She doesn't know what she's talking about.

Jennifer: Carrie's right, Spike. To hell with her. She's a bitch anyway.

Spike (through tears): My father loved me. No one talks about him like that. No one. I'll kill her.

Jennifer: We'll kill her. And I think I know how.

Carrie lets Spike bury her face in her shoulder as Jennifer eyes Hayley and Alexis.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-16-08, 01:06 PM (EST)
2. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
REPORT: Several 'Race' Contestants In Counseling

UPI News Service, 11/12/2008

"The Amazing Race" host Phil Keoghan has revealed that, since arriving back in the United States, several contestants from the current season have entered into counseling for a variety of reasons.

Through the blogs posted on CBS' website by the contestants' loved ones and friends, it has been revealed that a few contestants have experienced symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder, with the significant others of contestants Carrie Burnside and Derek Forrest even stating that the two of them have acted like Vietnam veterans. Though it is not confirmed, that is largely assumed to be the reason that Burnside and Forrest, among others, are in counseling.

Other contestants said to be in counseling are Jim Nolan, Tina Cameron, Hayley Masterson, and Alexis Steel; also, Allison "Spike" Blades has checked into rehabilitation for a heroin addiction, and "Race" companion Jennifer Ellsworth has reported seeing a psychologist.

Another symptom reported from these contestants is that several of them returned from the contest with hair that appeared to have been shaved recently; one bystander stated that Dana Quinn "was going with a Britney Spears look." Quinn insisted that her hair was donated to Locks for Love, and others have implied that she is close to a cancer survivor (Burnside, Quinn's "Race" companion, is romantically linked to a leukemia survivor.)

With regard to this situation, no contestants were available for comment.

Back from commercial.

Spike (through tears): My father loved me. No one talks about him like that. No one. I'll kill her.

Jennifer: We'll kill her. And I think I know how.

Carrie lets Spike bury her face in her shoulder as Jennifer eyes Hayley and Alexis.

Spike: I've never gotten along with Florida, but it was just related to the Race until now. But she brought my father into it, so I decided it was personal.

Jennifer: I'm a peacemaker, though, and I saw how even Hayley was upset with Alexis. So I decided on the plane to try to smooth things over.

Cut to a map showing the flight route between Johannesburg and Tel Aviv.

Phil (voice-over): All teams are now on their way from Johannesburg to Tel Aviv on two separate flights.

Cut to inside the plane; Alexis is sitting alone while Spike is trying to compose herself. Jennifer is chatting with Hayley.

Hayley: Look, I know Spike isn't ready to hear this, but I am sorry for what Alexis said. I've tried to talk to her, but she's just so stubborn.

Jennifer: At least one of you is sane. I try to be the voice of reason for my team, but Spike's just so fiery.

Hayley: I know how that goes.

Jennifer: She always tells me how she wants to buy this and that, like we have all the money in the world.

Hayley: I know. We all have money problems, I think.

Jennifer: I've thought about begging in Tel Aviv. People there have money.

Hayley: Isn't that against the rules?

Jennifer: Only if you finish last and don't get eliminated.

Hayley: Really. I didn't really catch that part.

Jennifer: There are so many damn rules. But Spike and I begged in Switzerland. It didn't do much good, but we did it.

Hayley: That's a great idea. I'll tell Alexis.

Jennifer: Do whatever you need to.

(confessional) Jennifer; Begging's completely against the rules this season, and I know that. But Hayley's gullible and she bought what I said hook, like, and sinker, so hopefully that gets them out.

Cut to Hayley talking to Dana.

Hayley: Can we really beg here?

Dana: I don't know; I think so. Why?

Hayley: We're in need of extra money. People in Tel Aviv should have it.

Dana: I say go for it. I'll probably do the same.

(confessional) Dana: If Hayley's dumb enough to think that begging isn't against the rules, I'm not going to stop her.

Cut to Ben Gurion International Airport, where both flights are landing; Hayley and Alexis, currently in first place, are out looking for a cab.

Hayley: Let's go to the tower and see if we can get some money.

Alexis: How?

Hayley: We'll beg.

Alexis: Can we do that?

Hayley: I asked around. Dana said it was OK.

Alexis: Well, OK.

Cut to Moshe Aviv Tower; Hayley and Alexis, currently in first place, are standing out front.

Hayley: Excuse me. Do you have any money?

Respondent: No; I am sorry.

However, a woman smiles and hands her a bill that has a number "20" on it.

Alexis: We got twenty dollars! Or twenty of whatever the currency is around here.

Hayley: I got ten here.

Alexis: We got sixty shekels from begging, and we decided to stop and keep racing when we saw Ohio catching up to us.

Hayley: We had to stay ahead, even if we weren't going to win the leg.

Cut to the top of Moshe Aviv Tower; Hayley and Alexis dash out ahead of Jeffrey and Bryan and get to the clue box first.

Hayley: Fast Forward.

Cut to Phil outside the Weizmann Institute of Science.

Phil: There's only one Fast Forward in any given leg of the Race, and once a team uses the Fast Forward, that team can never use another one for the rest of the Race. In this Fast Forward, that team must head to the Weizmann Institute of Science outside of Tel Aviv and participate in an experiment in which atoms are smashed together. Upon completing this task, that team can skip all remaining tasks and go directly to the Pit Stop.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis.

Alexis: We already used it. Let's go.

Hayley: Travel to the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center--

Cut to Phil inside the stage of the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center.

Phil: Teams must now travel here to the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center; at the main entrance, they will receive their next clue.

Hayley: Let's go.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan.

Bryan: Fast Forward. We were last to leave. We need this. And it looks cool. Let's go.

As the two lead teams disembark at the base of the tower, Charlie and Derek, Carrie and Dana, Spike and Jennifer, and Tina and Jim all get on the elevator.

Cut to the top, where Spike and Jennifer open the clue.

Spike: Fast Forward. You want it?

Jennifer: No need. Anyone here want to do the Fast Forward?

Derek: Come on. We're good.

Tina: We made it without it.

Carrie: I think we'll be fine.

Spike: Well, it says here we need to get to the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center. Grab your clues and let's go.

Spike: I decided to gather a posse at the tower because I thought it would make sure that Florida lost. The more teams that keep up with us, the better our chances of getting them out.

Jennifer: I felt like The Bride in Kill Bill, except Bill was a couple of bitches.

Cut to Alex and Elena, currently in seventh place, at the top of the tower.

Alex: Travel to the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center.

Elena: Sounds nice.

Alex: Sounds scary.

Soon after, Reggie and Dan, currently in last place, ascend the tower.

Reggie: Travel to the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center.

Dan: We're about to go from first to worst.

Reggie: Well, we won a trip.

Cut to Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center; Hayley and Alexis arrive at the entrance; next to the clue is a sign marked "LOAN SHARK."

Hayley: What's this? Loan Shark?

Cut to Phil outside what appears to be a cafe.

Phil: The Loan Shark is the latest twist to the Amazing Race. Teams strapped for cash may come to this coffee shop and perform one of two tasks in order to earn some extra money. What they don't know is that the tasks are worth $500 if completed, and they also have an option to "take the money and run," which is worth only $100. Also, if they take the money and run, they will be forced to take a random time penalty at the Pit Stop that could be anywhere from ten to sixty minutes.

Hayley: We got money. We're good.

Alexis: Let's go. Open the clue.

Hayley pulls out the clue.

Hayley: Roadblock. Who's feeling jumpy?

Cut to Phil on the stage inside the Center.

Phil: In this Roadblock, the chosen player must complete six dance moves from the Kirov Ballet as performed by the Israeli Opera House. Once the dance instructor approves all six moves, she will hand them their clue.

Alexis: I got it.

Cut to Weizmann Institute; Jeffrey and Bryan are arriving and follow several red and yellow flags into the particle accelerator room.

A man dressed in a white lab coat greets them and advises that they stand near two ends of a large machine.

Scientist: What you must do is to coordinate your timing so that your half of the machine smashes into the other half at the right time, smashing an atom. We are ready whenever you are.

Bryan: OK, when I say three, we fire. One, two, three.

Bryan fires about a half-second before Jeffrey, and the experiment fails.

Scientist: Try again.

Team confessional, Jeffrey and Bryan.

Bryan: The particle smasher was a lot harder to operate than I would think. If it was my own two hands, I would have had trouble; it was even tougher with two different people.

Jeffrey: I'm not good with machines, so I had to learn this at the same time.

Cut to the Performing Arts Center; Alexis is attempting to do a jete.

Alexis (to herself): I should have stretched.

Alexis appears to do a perfect jete.

Instructor: Perfect. Try another move.

Alexis lines up to do a pirouette.

Cut to outside the Center; Spike and Jennifer are leading Charlie and Derek, Tina and Jim, and Carrie and Dana. Jim's knee appears to be feeling better.

Spike: Loan Shark. Who here needs money?

Derek: I think we all do.

Spike: Well, I think we need to get it within the rules. There's a coffee shop down the street here; let's go.

All four teams dash for the coffee shop; however, Charlie appears to be losing his wind.

Derek: Dad, you OK?

Charlie: I need to sit down.

Derek: Here, drink some water. I'll go in.

Carrie: Dana, stay with Charlie.

Jennifer walks into a short gate, hitting her knee.

Jennifer: Ow! Son of a bitch, that hurt!

Spike: You OK, Jen?

Jennifer: Yeah. Let me walk this off and I'll be in.

Spike: OK.

Derek, Spike and Carrie head into the shop together; Tina and Jim run to a separate area. The part of the shop on the left, which a sign that reads "TRANSLATING TEXTS," has Derek, Spike, and Carrie; the part to the right, that a sign reading "PAINT A STATUE" points to, has Tina and Jim.

Derek: Piece of cake. Languages are my thing.

Carrie: Can you help us then?

Spike: Yeah, I need that money.

Derek sets down some texts on a metal table as he looks up one passage, giving Carrie the Hebrew-English dictionary. He finds the passage and starts to look under it, pointing his finger right to left.

Carrie: Why are you reading that backward?

Derek: It's Hebrew. It's read right to left. Now come on. We have four lines we have to translate.

In the background, a scruffy man in a hijab enters the shop, looking down at the ground.

Spike (to Derek): Get a load of that guy. It's a hundred degrees and he's all bundled up.

Derek: Oh s---.

Carrie: What do you mean, "oh s---"?

Derek: I mean "oh, s---." He looks suspicious.

A quick pan shows the shabbily-dressed man in the middle of the shop; he looks up and around quickly.

He has several years of beard growth and is unusually wide around the torso.

Other patrons are looking at him with suspicion; a few leave the shop nervously.

The man reaches for his torso.

Ragged man (shouting): Allahu akbar! (Subtitle: God is great!)

He presses what appears to be a button on his torso.

In the back, Jim suddenly winces in pain and falls to his knees, grabbing onto Tina and bringing her down.

Derek grabs Spike and Carrie by the backs of the neck and drops.

Cut to outside the shop, where Dana has taken Charlie and Jennifer to another shop, where Charlie is sipping ice water.

From the street, an explosion is seen from inside the coffee shop.

The entire street rattles as fire, smoke, and shattered glass flies from the shop, causing neighboring shops' glass to break.

The explosion sound is deafening, and screams from neighboring shops and the streets are heard.

Cut to inside the shop where Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer are sitting.

Dana: Oh my God, what was that? An earthquake?

Charlie: Too loud, I think a pipe must have - oh no. That was the coffee shop, I think.

Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer run out of the shop to the coffee shop, which is smoldering and full of black smoke.

Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer recoil in horror as Dana drops to her knees in shock and pain.

06-16-08, 01:07 PM (EST)
3. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Blog Entry, 11/13/2008
Authored by: Danni Boatwright, tonganoxiegirl

I sat thinking, "Please, God no, this isn't happening, this can't be right, Derek's fine, he's alive and unharmed, and everything's fine." And I still couldn't convince myself of it. And that was the second time watching. And Derek was sitting next to me.

I didn't know what happened when I saw it for the first time last night. All I know was that I immediately turned the TV off and panicked, and the first thing I did when I caught my breath was call Derek. He didn't understand the fuss, but he did tell me that he didn't watch last night's episode. I don't blame him. No one wants to see their own death after they've lived it.

After that, I knew it was his voice and that he was fine, but I couldn't convince myself. I got in my car, called my boss and told him I wouldn't be in for the next two days, and drove to Kansas City and told the ticket agent, "For the love of God, get me to Detroit." She was very accommodating, and I landed in Detroit after midnight, got in a car that I somehow managed to have set aside for me, and drove like a bat out of hell to Ann Arbor.

I woke Charlie up out of a sound sleep and told him everything. Naturally, he thought I'd gone insane, and I had. Derek thought the same thing, especially when I buried my face in his chest and cried. I don't think he quite knew what to do with himself. It's somewhere between the joy of seeing his girlfriend unexpectedly and the pain of seeing me cry.

And then the next day, we watched it together along with his roommates and one of their girlfriends, and I almost thought I saw a tear out of Rob. I finally knew what was wrong with Derek. He wasn't insane. He was almost killed. That explains the Iraq-like symptoms. It even explains the beard, it turns out - bomb shrapnel hit him in the face and scarred him, and the beard hides the scars. I'm just glad I think the beard is sexy, because it's not going anywhere.

I'm still in Ann Arbor. I just wish he could have told me before.

Blog Entry, 11/13/2008
Authored by: Ron "Blazer" Macklin, punkrockliveshere

SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the only sound during the commercial break after they showed the suicide bombing. I managed to drown out damn near everything else. Actually, it was kind of sad. I was banging my head on the TV screen, and bar patrons, even the jerks who came up to root against Spike and Jennifer, started to feel sorry for me.

The worst part of the whole thing is that Spike's still in rehab, so I couldn't go visit her until today, and that's exactly what I did. I asked her if the bombing was what drove her to her heroin addiction, as if I really needed to ask - of course it did. She said to me, "You're a smart guy, Blazer. Of course I turned to drugs because of the bombing. What else was I going to turn to? God?" Certainly not the same God who let her father die. At least that's her opinion, and since I was never a religious man, I guess I understand.

She didn't seem to want to talk about what Alexis said to her about her dad, but I can say this - she had better hope I never go to Tampa, because if I do, she's dead. All I have to do is catch her breaking the law, get her arrested, and tell everyone in the slammer she's a cop. She's dead. Or I suppose I could beat the hell out of her. Whatever works.

All I can say about Spike's father is this - Spike considers the man a saint. And he's been dead for 17 years. And her story about him never leaving? It checks out. So Alexis is both incorrect and a bitch. At least Hayley seems to have a brain. That makes one of them.

Spike's leaving rehab once she gets clean, and she almost is. I told her she's staying with me after that, and she agreed. Besides, I want her into counseling for the suicide bombing before the God Police gets hold of her.

Blog Entry, 11/13/2008
Authored by: Wade Blitzer, trojantrainer

I don't believe this. I'm floored. This is - wait. I believe it. Come on. Jim being afraid of cannons? Tina acting - well traumatized, like she always does? It makes perfect sense. A near-death experience would do it. And a coffee shop in Israel that gets blown up by a Palestinian suicide bomber? The pieces fit.

There was only one thing I could think of to do for Jim, and I decided to help set it in motion. The first step was to make Jim late for practice, and though Coach Carroll might not like it, he understood when I told him everything. The poor SOB doesn't watch the show.

It's Stanford week, and those guys beat us last year in a colossal upset, so Jim got a little impatient as I delayed him. All the players and the other coaches were on time, and Jim didn't want to look bad. I told him he wouldn't, and I kept him busy. I had him get equipment, get playbooks, and I even had him grab coolers. And now that his knee is fixed, he didn't mind.

I got every player, every cheerleader, and every member of the coaching staff, along with some other important people, to greet Jim as he walked in with loud, raucous, groung-shaking cheers. Even the basketball team showed up - men's and women's. We gave him a hero's welcome.

We gave Tina a hero's welcome, too, and she showed up soon after with some prodding from me. Jim appreciated it more, but Tina smiled for what had to be about the sixth time in her entire life. Then I dedicated the game to the two of them.

And I told the team that we had better win.

Blog Entry, 11/13/2008
Authored by: Rex Majors, stillaliveandkicking

If you want to see three attractive women break down and cry so much that you just feel compelled to join in the tears, wind your time machine up to last night and come over to our apartment. Carrie didn't want to see this episode, but I insisted. I guess it's hard from her point of view, but I had to see what was killing Carrie.

I felt a little left out throughout the rest of the episode, since the girls were having an all-female pity party, and as upset as I was, I just couldn't get into their little club. Apparently, she still thinks I'm ashamed of her no matter how many times I explain to her that I'm more proud of her than I've ever been of anyone.

Dana and Tasha stayed over - guess who got exiled to the couch while the three girls got the bed? And guess who was extremely happy about being sandwiched between two beautiful women? No, go on, guess. Tasha the Lucky SOB slept between my girl and her own. And the next morning, Carrie apologized profusely for leaving me out.

She also told me something - she has, in fact, been seeing a counselor. It hasn't helped. The nightmares are still there, and she's considered leaving her teaching job (temporarily, as in a sabbatical, not quitting.) Never mind that we'll both starve if she does - trust me, I've been trying to get back into TV work and had no success - but she'll do what she thinks is best.

I've decided to help her. Since the bombing took place in a coffee shop, I'm getting her to go into a Starbucks with me whether she wants to or not. She's violently opposed, but she'll come around. At least I hope she does. I don't want to lose her.

Back from commercial.

Ragged man (shouting): Allahu akbar! (Subtitle: God is great!)

The ragged man presses what appears to be a button on his torso.

In the back, Jim suddenly winces in pain and falls to his knees, grabbing onto Tina and bringing her down.

Derek grabs Spike and Carrie by the backs of the neck and drops.

Cut to outside the shop, where Dana has taken Charlie nad Jennifer to another shop, where Charlie is sipping ice water.

From the street, an explosion is seen from inside the coffee shop.

The entire street rattles as fire, smoke, and shattered glass flies from the shop, causing neighboring shops' glass to break.

The explosion sound is deafening, and screams from neighboring shops and the streets are heard.

Cut to inside the shop where Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer are sitting.

Dana: Oh my God, what was that? An earthquake?

Charlie: Too loud, I think a pipe must have - oh no. That was the coffee shop, I think.

Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer run out of the shop to the coffee shop, which is smoldering and full of black smoke.

Dana, Charlie, and Jennifer recoil in horror as Dana drops to her knees in shock and pain.

(confessional) Charlie: I knew at that point that my son was gone. This was more than just losing my best friend. I lost my best friend in Grenada. I felt my heart being ripped out and crushed with golf spikes while I could only watch.

Cut to Dana and Jennifer on their knees; Dana is in tears, and Jennifer looks shaken up. Charlie is standing but is in obvious emotional pain.

He bends over the table, appearing to have symptoms of a heart attack.

Charlie: Damnit, not again.

Behind them, several emergency personnel are pulling up quickly; four ambulances and three military vehicles stop suddenly, and emergency and military personnel dash out wearing gas masks.

Charlie, who swallows hard and appears to feel a bit better, runs up to a soldier.

Charlie: You have to help, Officer. Please. My son's in there.

Soldier: We will do everything we can. It is not likely that he survived, but if he did, we will bring him out. How old is he?

Charlie: He's 21. Four other people that are our friends are in there. Please help. I am a former U.S. Navy captain. Can I do anything?

Soldier: Please stay back.

Dana and Jennifer stand up and huddle together with Charlie.

Charlie (nervously): This is the worst feeling in the world. Nothing compares to this.

Dana (crying): I know. And I know it's worse for you.

Charlie: He just got everything he wanted and everything he needed. Please don't take him away.

The smoke starts to clear a little bit, and a soldier runs out, running to Charlie, Dana, and Jennifer.

Soldier: There are survivors. Some people hid under a table and did not die.

Charlie: Please tell me one of them is my son.

Soldier: What did he look like?

Charlie: He's really tall, muscular, athletic, dark-haired, and he had a Michigan shirt on.

a man walks out of the smoke accompanied by a soldier; he is hacking, coughing, and has trouble breathing.

Soldier: Is that your son?

As the smoke around him clears, it becomes evident that the surviving man is, indeed, Charlie's son Derek.

Charlie breaks away from Dana and Jennifer and runs to his son, wrapping him up as Derek tries to escape the smoke.

Charlie (subtitled): Thank God. Thank God.

Derek: I'm fine, Dad. I ducked under a table. My face got some s--- caught in it, but I'm fine.

Charlie: Thank you, sweet Jesus.

(confessional) Charlie (tearing up): The worst feeling I've ever had was thinking my son was dead, and the best was seeing him walk out unharmed. I might have another child on the way, but Derek's my firstborn and my best friend.

Cut to the coffee shop; a woman is being escorted out by soldiers. She is trying to clear the air.

As the smoke clears, Carrie can be seen being carried out by soldiers; she can walk, but not steadily.

(confessional) Dana: Seeing Carrie come out alive was incredible. I can't say it compares to how Charlie felt when Derek came out alive, but she's still my friend.

Cut to another person being escorted out; Jennifer is shown crossing her fingers and waiting anxiously.

Soldiers are shown escorting Spike, who can be identified by her short, golden hair, out; Jennifer drops to her knees as the soldiers carry Spike over to her. She wraps her arms around Spike's legs.

Jennifer (subtitled): I love you so much, Spike. I love you.

The three teams are embracing as the area starts to clear out; a soldier runs out as if to make an announcement.

Soldier: There are a few more survivors; we fond one with a hurt knee underneath a table.

Derek: Hurt knee? Jim's alive!

Two soldiers are carrying Jim out of the shop; he is unable to carry himself and is catching his breath.

All three teams mob him, rubbing his head and patting him on the shoulders; he greets them similarly but seems to be saddened.

Spike: Where's Tina?

Jim: I don't know. I don't know if she made it.

Jim turns to a soldier.

Jim: I had a companion. She's about six-one and had long, curly hair. She-she's the most beautiful girl I've ever seen.

Carrie: That's sweet of you to say, Jim. I didn't know you cared so much.

Jim: Just how do you tell a girl like Tina you love her?

Carrie: The same way I tell my boyfriend?

Jim: Well, not anymore.

Jim drops to his knees, covering his face.

Jim (sobbing): She's gone and I never told her.

Team confessional, Carrie and Dana.

Carrie: I never saw a sensitive side of Jim until just now. I'm sad that it took a suicide bombing to bring it out of him, but whatever it takes.

Dana: I thought everyone was gone, but when I saw everyone but Tina out, it just didn't seem like enough.

Cut to the shop; Jim is being consoled by the other teams while the shop are continues to clear.

Charlie: Look, Jim. I understand how you feel. If there's anything I can do--

Jim: I don't think you can understand how I feel.

Charlie: Try me.

Carrie: This isn't the time, Charlie.

Charlie: I watched my best friend die in front of me in Grenada. They killed him and wounded me. That's why I don't have all my fingers.

A zoom captures Charlie's left hand, which does not have a ring or little finger.

Jim: That doesn't make it any easier.

Charlie: I understand. I hated to tell my story on Survivor, but, well, I had to.

Jim: Well, I should tell you guys something while we're being completely honest. I haven't been honest about how I hurt my knee.

Charlie: Just tell me you actually played football and we'll get along fine.

Jim: I did. Until my injury. I didn't get hurt in a football game. I was shot.

Charlie embraces a distraught, grieving Jim as two soldiers exit the coffee shop.

Female voice: Thank God for you guys.

As the smoke clears, it's clear that the soldiers are carrying Tina out.

Jim: Tina! It's you!

Jim again falls to his knees and starts to shed joyous tears; Tina kneels next to him.

Tina: That was terrible.

Jim: I waited forever for you. I'm glad you're OK. I just don't know what to tell you--

Tina: I'm alive. That's the important thing.

Jim: And we're finally being honest with each other.

Spike is seen crying on Jennifer's shoulder.

Carrie: Spike, are you OK?

Spike (crying): No. I'm not OK.

Carrie: What's wrong? Are you hurt?

Spike: No. Not physically.

Carrie: Well, can you talk about it?

Spike (sobbing): I-I don't like to t-talk ab-bout th-his.

Carrie: What is this about? Listen, are you still upset about what Alexis said?

Spike: It's not that. My father didn't die in a car accident.

Carrie: What do you mean? Did Alexis get something right?

Spike: No. He's dead. He never left.

Carrie: Then what is it?

Spike: I don't want to talk about it.

Carrie: Please, Spike. Tell us. What happened to your dad?

Spike: He-he was--

Spike swallows hard.

Spike: I can't do this.

Carrie: I won't force the issue. You don't have to talk about--

Spike (sharply): My father was murdered.

Spike falls into Carrie's arms, and both start to sob.

Spike (subtitled): I witnessed his murder; I was eight years old, and the bastards killed him for no f------ reason.

Carrie: I'm so sorry, Spike. I'm so sorry.

Spike: You didn't do anything. You didn't kill my dad.

Carrie: I killed my son.

Spike: What?

Carrie (crying uncontrollably): My son died in a car accident three years ago. I was driving, and my ex-husband left me because of it. I was driving. (shouting) I was driving, and I f------ killed him!

Spike: I'm sure the accident wasn't your fault.

Carrie: No. Someone went left of center, but my ex never forgave me and I never forgave myself.

Spike: You son wouldn't want you to blame yourself. He loves you just like my dad loves me.

Carrie: I'm sure your dad is watching my son in heaven.

Spike: I wish I could believe in heaven.

Carrie: You don't have to. You believe in your dad, don't you?

Spike: Always.

Team confessional, Tina and Jim.

Jim: I hung on Carrie and Spike's every word. But I was so engrossed in their stories that I didn't realize that Tina was huddled over crying next to me.

Tina: Everyone else was pouring out their stories, and I felt like I couldn't do the same. Mine was too horrible.

Jim: Spike's father was murdered. You could share your story.

Tina: I hated to do it. I hated myself for saying what I did.

Jim: You're a brave girl, Tina. I respect that.

Cut to outside the shop.

Derek: Tina, what's wrong?

Jim turns and sees Tina in tears.

Jim: Tina, talk to us.

Tina tries to form words.

Jim: What it is?

Tina (sobbing): I-I'm so ashamed. Y-you're all g-going t-to hate me for this.

Jim: I can't possibly hate you. No one here hates you. You didn't send that suicide bomber, did you?

Tina (hanging her head): I was molested.

The other Racers stand in shock.

Tina (looking down): I knew you would hate me.

Jim: Not at all. None of us hate you. If anything, I have a lot more respect for you.

Tina: I wish I could believe that.

Jim: You didn't do anything wrong.

Tina: Yes I did.

Jim: No, Tina, you didn't do anything wrong.

Tina: Yes. Yes, I did. I didn't kill the bastard when I had the chance.

Charlie: The woman's right. I can't argue with that.

Tina: All I want to say about it is that it was my f------ uncle that did it, and he left the country when I was 16.

Jim: You always told me you were never raped.

Tina (sharply): I lied, OK?

Jim: I can't tell you you're wrong.

Tina: It's why I hate to be touched.

Jim: Look, Tina, I know this is going to be hard to hear, and I know you may not be able to respond, and I respect that, but I just wanted to tell you this before it was too late.

Tina looks at Jim, confused.

Jim: I-I love you.

Tina gives a puzzled look.

Tina: I don't know the last person who said that to me and meant it.

The teams stand surrounded by police, who are holding them up.

06-16-08, 01:10 PM (EST)
4. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Blog Entry, 11/14/2008
Authored by: Michael Cameron, tryingtobeadad

I'm a little new to this blogging thing, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Michael Cameron, and I'm Tina's father. At least, she kind of acknowledges that, in the rare case when she speaks to me.

I'm about to make myself the most hated man in the television universe, but it's going to come out sooner or later, and it's better that I just confess it - I was complicit in Tina's molestation. There, I said it. Her mother and I were complicit and allowed Tina to be assaulted for ten years by her uncle. I'd say that I hated to do it and that I was miserable, and that’s' the honest truth, but it doesn't excuse what I did.

Tina's my only child, and I think that's best, since her bastard uncle would have done the same to any child we had, or at least any daughter. I just get sick thinking about all the things we did to her just for his amusement and the fact that I didn't stand up for her because I was too scared. I walked right into my asshole brother-in-law's blackmail, and he had his sister's protection, so there wasn't anything I could do but play along. But that's a little like a guard at a Nazi concentration camp saying he was just following orders.

There's absolutely nothing I can do to undo those ten years of hell I put her through. But at least when her mother died, I made sure the abuse stopped. Needless to say, it didn’t' satisfy my daughter, and when I confessed to her that I was complicit, she hated me. She pretty much refused to acknowledge me at home. She hasn't even called me Dad in thirteen years, saying I didn't deserve it. I didn't say anything, because I knew she was right. She's never brought Jim home to meet me, and on the rare occasion when she talks to me, I'm lucky if she calls me Michael. Usually, she calls me things that are far less flattering, things that I don't care to repeat. She's probably the most sharp-tongued girl I've ever met, and I'm on her bad side.

Please send hate mail to my PO Box so I can check it when I have the time.

Blog Entry, 11/14/2008
Authored by: Rex Majors, stillaliveandkicking

Unlike Jim, I'm not shocked by Carrie's revelation that she lost a son in a car accident. She waited a few months to tell me after we started dating, but I knew, and yes, she thought I wouldn't want to be with her anymore. Things get to her a lot more than they should, but after the suicide bomber, she blew a lot of things out of proportion. I hated to see her do it.

The truth about the death of her son - she was bringing her son home from a basketball game, and a drunk driver went left of center. The place wasn't well-lit, and she tried to swerve, but the drunk hit her at an angle. Carrie was miraculously unharmed; she just had some whiplash, but her son was killed almost instantly.

She expected her husband to understand that a drunk driver hit her. Instead, he put all the blame on her, telling her that she "murdered" his son. He threw things across the room. He threw things at her. He tried to hit her, but she defended herself pretty well. Eventually, he told her to leave. Saddened, she stayed in a motel for a few nights and eventually got an apartment by herself.

She tried to reconcile with him, even going to what was now his apartment, but he threw books and kitchen utensils at her when she showed up. He tried to have her arrested for murder, but fortunately, the Oakland P.D. had better sense than that. All he got out of her was a $12,000 alimony payment, which he blew on beer and instant lottery tickets. He took her back to court for more money, but now he's rid of her, and the last she's heard, he's living in a housing project and selling drugs.

She was ready to lose me when she said this to me. But if having a racist uncle and cousin doesn't stop me from being with her, and being completely unable to take care of myself doesn't stop me from loving her, and our differences in race, age, and height don't deter me, then seeing her survive a suicide bombing won't make me ashamed of her. Hell, she's the strongest woman I know.

And I don't just mean that physically, although this is also true.

Blog Entry, 11/14/2008

Spike just told however many millions of people something that only about three people knew before that - Jennifer, her mother, and myself. She tells everyone the same thing she told the other teams about her father - that he died in a car accident. Actually, he survived a car accident about a week before his death, and he was murdered out of revenge.

Jackson Blades was a tall, powerful man who adored his daughter Allison; you know her better as Spike, but she never had that name until I gave it to her. He managed a successful family restaurant and was about to save up enough money to buy the place when his car was broad-sided on the interstate. Jackson was fine, but his car and the other car were both totaled. The other driver was belligerent and claimed that Jackson broke his wife's hand.

A week later, that same man and an accomplice broke into Jackson's house with a gun and a knife and started firing randomly. They're both lousy shots, so they hot pretty much nothing, but they were very powerful and got into the master bedroom. Allison peaked out her bedroom window and saw everything; she sneaked out and called 911, and help was on the way.

But she was spotted. So the accomplice tied her to the doorknob and forced her to watch as they did the same to her mother. Then he walked up to little Allison and said, "Your daddy's a dead man, little girl." They pistol-whipped him enough times to knock him unconscious and then stabbed him in the heart, at least according to what Spike told me.

The murderer and accomplice didn't get out before the police showed up, and the little girl's testimony put them in jail for a long time. Presently, Jason Richard Frazier is serving a 40-year sentence for first-degree murder and a 4-year sentence for vehicular assault; the accomplice is locked up for 25 years, and even though she couldn't save her father's life, Allison Blades was a hero when she was eight.

She knows no one should have to go through that when they're eight...or even when they're older. This is why I never try to replace her dad. The shoes are too big to fill.

Blog Entry, 11/14/2008

Most of my blogs this season have been about Derek, and I feel like America knows everything about us as a couple or as individuals. So just to recap, Michigan hockey is undefeated still, Derek has ten goals and nine assists in eight games, he's still traumatized, but on the plus side, it hasn't affected some other aspects of his performance.

This time, I want to talk about Charlie. Survivor: All-Stars II viewers know all about his ordeal in Grenada, which was his way of opening up to me. Yes, my romance with Charlie was always pretend, but I really felt myself growing closer to him in a best friend way.

He told me about Grenada before he told the tribe. It was totally rehearsed when he told the tribe, but it was still gut-wrenching. His best friend died right before him, and Charlie felt that he was incredibly lucky to be out of there alive, even if he lost fingers. He would have given up all his fingers to have his buddy back.

He showed me the look on his face when he lost his friend, or at least the best facsimile thereof, and it was pretty awful. When he thought he lost Derek, the pain was as real as anything. I know how I would have felt if Derek hadn't made it. But I've been dating him for five months, and I didn't even meet him until the Japan reunion. Charlie's known Derek all his life, and Derek's often been all Charlie had. I know how my dad said he would hate to lose me, and I multiply that by a million, since Derek was Charlie's only child for so long, and it's gut-wrenching.

All right, I have to wrap this up. Game time's in two hours, and Derek's getting frisky. Wouldn't want to mess with his hot streak, so the pre-game ritual must go on.

Back from commercial.

Jim: I-I love you.

Tina gives a puzzled look.

Tina: I don't know the last person who said that to me and meant it.

The teams stand surrounded by police, who are holding them up.

Derek: So wait a second. Are they going to let us go?

Derek: After the bombing, they had to come and make sure we could all continue, as if I wanted to do anything else.

Charlie: Seeing that coffee shop was the last thing I wanted. We had to get out of there.

Cut to the coffee shop.

Carrie: I wish they'd let us go. But while we're here, there's something I have to do.

Carrie stands in front of Derek and wraps her arms around his neck, smiling.

Carrie: You saved my life, Derek. If not for you, I probably would have died.

Derek: You did everything Carrie. You and Spike--

Carrie: Stop it, Derek. You pulled us under the table. You made us safe. Don't be so modest.

Carrie kisses Derek on the lips.

Carrie: Thanks a million, handsome.

Derek: You guys are too kind.

Carrie: After you saved my life, you're more than worth it. In fact...

Carrie kisses Derek again, this time more passionately, grabbing the back of his head and pulling him toward her; she grabs his back with her other hand.

After a short time, she breaks the kiss, and a confused but smiling Derek looks into Carrie's eyes.

Carrie: I'll be waiting for you at the Pit Stop, you stud.

Derek: Carrie, I appreciate the offer, but I'm just not interested in--

Carrie (interjecting): Hey now. After you kept me from being burned alive, you're lucky Spike and I don't tear your clothes off right here in the street and have our way with you.

Spike joins Carrie and climbs onto Derek; she's about a foot shorter than him.

Spike: Carrie's right, Derek.

Spike kisses Derek on the lips.

Spike: You're the best.

Derek: I wish I knew what the hell was going on.

Both Dana and Jennifer kiss Derek on the cheek.

Derek: You're not hearing me, guys. I'm with Danni. She won't like this.

Carrie: She'll understand.

Derek: I had it out with Carrie about her being all over me in Wales. I like the girl, but I have a girlfriend and I just can't go climbing all over Carrie when I worked so hard to be with Danni.

Charlie: Take it easy, Derek. Enjoy the feast. You were in a three-year famine.

Derek: I don't know what to do.

Charlie: I said it. Enjoy.

Cut to outside the coffee shop; Carrie kisses Derek passionately again, breaking the kiss shortly after the scene starts.

Derek: All right, let's get a game plan. We have to work fast if no one here's getting eliminated.

Carrie: Do you want to work together? Like, all four teams?

Derek: Hell yes, I want us all working together.

Derek gathers all four teams together.

Derek: I want everyone here to know that I'm proud of all of you. I'm honored to be in this game with this group of people. And the way I see it, we're all going to the end.

Jennifer: Well, someone here's probably getting eliminated here, and we need to figure out--

Derek (forcefully): No one's getting eliminated! No one, you hear? We're all staying in this Race if I have anything to say about it, and damnit, I do! I look around here, and I don't see the next team to be out! You know what I see?

The other seven Racers hang on his words.

Derek (shouting): I see the baddest teams around! I see the most successful group of Racers ever known! I see the last four teams standing; that's what I see! The world dropped a f------ suicide bomber on us, and every one of us should be dead! But we're not! None of us! We survived! Nothing can stop us! If we can survive a suicide bomber, we can do damn near anything! You're all gold! I see that in everyone here!

Derek points to Spike.

Derek: Spike, you picked a good color for your hair today, because you're solid gold! No one can stop you!

Derek points to Tina and Jim.

Derek: You two! What are your school colors?

Jim: cardinal and gold.

Derek: You're solid gold, damnit! You're all good as gold! No one can stop us!

Dana: Derek, I hate to rain on your parade, but gold is kind of my school's arch-rival--

Derek: You have golden hair, and so does Carrie; does that work for you?

Dana: You're so smart.

Derek: Now listen here. For this leg, we all stick together. Stick with us, and I promise we will stay in the Race. I want to make it clear that we do not work against each other until no other teams are in the Race. We do not sabotage each other, we do not fight with each other, and above all, we do not U-Turn each other. Everyone get a hand in.

All eight players put a hand in the center of a circle.

Derek: We stick together, and we will not be defeated. I want to hear Solid Gold on three, ready? One, two, three--

All eight (emphatically): Solid Gold!

Derek: All right, we need to get going.

Carrie: OK, let's go.

Derek and Carrie walk up to a military sergeant.

Derek: Hey, we're in a race. Can we get going?

Sergeant: The area is clear. If you have been checked out by medical, you can go.

Derek: Already there.

Sergeant: Then you are clear. You may go.

All four teams dash toward the Tel Aviv Performing Arts Center; everyone opens a clue.

Derek: Roadblock. Who's feeling jumpy? I think we all are, but I'll do it.

Tina: I got this.

Jennifer: I can take this.

Carrie: I'm on it.

Cut to inside the center; the tag "PREVIOUSLY" is at the bottom of the screen, and Alexis is leaving with her clue while Elena is trying to pirouette.

Alexis: Travel to the Biblical village of Jaffa--

Cut to Phil at an archaeological dig in Jaffa.

Phil: Teams must travel to the Biblical village of Jaffa on the outskirts of Tel Aviv. Once there, they must find St. Peter's Monastery and go to the altar, where they will receive their next clue.

Alexis: Let's get going.

Elena finishes up her last move, a twirl move, as the instructor hands her the clue.

Elena: Travel to the Biblical village of Jaffa and find St. Peter's Monastery.

Alex: I hope we're up front now.

As they leave, Reggie and Dan arrive at the Roadblock.

Reggie: Who's feeling jumpy? You need one.

Cut to inside the stage, where Dan is attempting to do a jete.

Dan (to himself): I am not light on my feet.

Reggie: Seeing Dan try to do ballet moves was pretty hilarious. He's not light or graceful, and he wasn't born to do ballet.

Dan: I wasn't born to wear a dress to a football game, either, but I do that.

Cut to Weizmann Institute, where Jeffrey and Bryan are still attempting the Fast Forward.

Bryan: One, two, three!

Jeffrey and Bryan activate their particle-smashing units in unison, and the smashers hit at the same time.

The scientist applauds and hands Bryan the clue.

Bryan: Travel to the Pit Stop, Yarkon Park--

Cut to Phil at Yarkon Park.

Phil: Having won the Fast Forward, Jeffrey and Bryan can now skip all remaining tasks and proceed directly to Wohl Amphitheater at Yarkon Park. This concert venue, which has been host to such acts as U2, Metallica, and Elton John is the ninth Pit Stop in the Amazing Race.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan.

Jeffrey: Another first-place finish.

Bryan: And more to come.

Cut to Reggie and Dan at the Roadblock; Dan is trying to do a twirl.

Dan: This is so un-masculine.

Dan lands the twirl.

The instructor hands him the clue.

Dan: Travel to the Biblical village of Jaffa and find St. Peter's Monastery.

Reggie: Please tell me we don't have to do that anymore.

Cut to inside the Performing Arts Center; Derek, Jennifer, Carrie, and Tina are all attempting the Roadblock.

Derek does a pirouette but falls down.

(confessional) Derek: The Roadblock was a lot harder than it looks. Sure, I'm fairly light on my feet, but that's on skates.

Cut to Derek falling again.

Derek: Damnit.

Charlie (to himself): And he says we're all going to stay in the Race.

06-16-08, 01:12 PM (EST)
5. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Blog Entry, 11/15/2008
Authored by: Natasha Gordeeva, russianprincess

I'm the demon that's taking Carrie away from her boyfriend, if Rex is to be believed. No, really, I'm kidding. Rex and I are still good friends, and he and Carrie are doing a little better. For one thing, she's stopped sleeping on the couch.

Rex is trying a few new crazy things to help out his girlfriend, including hypnotherapy and trying to convince her to go to a Starbucks with him. She wouldn't do it today, even when Rex proved that no one who looked like a suicide bomber was in the one that they went to (never mind that they're in Oakland, not Tel Aviv, and there's never been a recorded suicide bombing in the city limits.) But she wanted to. She just couldn't bring herself to do it.

He even cancelled an evening with his "good friend" Dixie. It's been like Bizarro World for the last few months; it used to be that Rex might have some time with Dixie but no one else, but Carrie had a new guy every week. That's just the breaks of an open relationship, I guess. But lately, Dixie has been all over Rex, and the terminally horny Carrie hasn't so much as expressed any interest in any guy. At least now we know why.

So I talked to Rex, and we thought of a way to cheer Carrie up, but we thought it was a long shot. He called up a nice girl who was visiting her boyfriend in order to arrange a night for Carrie to get together with that nice boyfriend. Rex is on the phone with her right now. I'll have to see if she went for it.

Because if seeing Derek doesn't cheer Carrie up, nothing will.

Blog Entry, 11/15/2008

So I picked up Spike for her Saturday shift tonight, just to re-integrate her into her job a couple of nights a week. The folks there at the rehab center are all for it, and Spike is looking better than I've seen her in a long time. She had a smile on her face and a bounce in her step - and a cross around her neck.

I didn't notice at first, but she started talking about all the strength she found through God and how she was going to start preaching Jesus Christ's Gospel from the mountaintop. Great. I'm losing my punk daughter. Just perfect. She did what I asked her not to do. And then she saw the look on my face - shock, mostly - and smiled as she told me...

"Kidding."

She tried the whole religion thing on for size. It just didn't fit with her. She told me that the thing that got her to be stable wasn't religion, drugs, or even candy. She sat down and started writing a song. It looks like it's about her whole ordeal in rehab. I can't imagine finding someone good enough to sing it until we get a band in here, and even then, who the hell has time to rehearse it? I suggested American Idol, but they didn't come to Seattle this year. I could see David Cook singing it, though.

She walked in and started bartending, and when she got a spare moment, she took a drink - of Coke. Nothing else in it - well, except ice. Sure, it's full of sugar, and she was popping Skittles constantly, but it's a far cry from the cigarette-smoking, ecstasy-loving, liquor-swilling Spike I knew and loved.

And she's still fun. I guess that's all I care about. And she still tells me she loves me.

Back from commercial.

Derek: Damnit.

Charlie (to himself): And he says we're all going to stay in the Race.

Charlie: I was all for Derek's rousing speech, but the last time I was in a game where someone gave a speech like that, my team started losing.

Derek: Dad doesn't understand that I'm bigger and meaner than Ozzy, and I'm on his side.

Cut to the Roadblock; Carrie completes a twirl ad Tina begins to attempt it. Jennifer completes a twirl, but as Carrie and Jennifer take their clues, they stand off to the side.

Derek (to himself): I told you we had allies, Dad.

Derek finishes a twirl, and though he struggles, he catches his balance and lands the move as Tina does the same.

All four teams have a clue, and all of them open it.

Carrie: Travel to the Biblical village of Jaffa and find St. Peter's Monastery.

Cut to St. Peter's Monastery; Hayley and Alexis, currently in second place, arrive at the altar, where a clue is waiting for them in a smaller container than normal.

Hayley: Detour. Mount Olympus or Mount Sinai?

Cut to Phil at an archaeological dig in Jaffa.

Phil: In this Detour, teams must choose between two tasks that honor the ancient days of religion in Israel. Their choices? Mount Olympus or Mount Sinai.

Cut to a river with a statue.

Phil: In Mount Olympus, teams must travel to Jaffa harbor and row out to this statue, where a smaller statue of the Greek goddess Andromeda is waiting for them. They must untie a difficult chain knot to release the statue and take it back to the shore, where a key awaits to unlock the statue and retrieve their next clue.

Cut to the dig.

Phil: In Mount Sinai, teams must travel to Gan Hapisga and scavenge for five items in the mold of Israeli artifacts. When they find all five, the archaeologist will hand them their next clue.

Alexis: Mount Olympus.

Hayley: Agreed. Let's go.

Cut to Alex and Elena, currently, in third place, arriving.

Alex: Detour. Mount Olympus or Mount Sinai? Mount Sinai looks hard. Let's do Mount Olympus.

Elena: If you say so.

Soon after, Reggie and Dan, currently in fourth place, arrive at St. Peter's Monastery.

Reggie: Detour. Mount Olympus or Mount Sinai? Mount Sinai's searching.

Dan: Mount Olympus then.

Cut to Mount Olympus; Hayley and Alexis begin to row quickly out to the statue, which is in the middle of the lake area. Noticeably, eight statues are on the base of the statue, and all are on thin chains.

Alexis: I wish we could just smash those chains.

Hayley: Yeah, me too.

Hayley and Alexis arrive at the statue; Alexis tries to work her fingers through the knot, lossening it up.

Alexis: This is tougher than it looks. They had to use chains for this, didn't they?

Hayley: Want me to try?

Alexis: Shut up and let me do this, will you?

(confessional) Hayley: I'm not happy with Alexis right now. First she tears into Spike for no good reason, and now she's shutting me down. I need her to start acting like a human being again.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis; Alexis appears to have the statue undone. She takes it and forcefully hands it to Hayley.

Hayley: What am I, your bitch?

Alexis: Shut up and paddle.

Hayley: Don't f------ tell me to shut up.

Alexis: I'm in charge here. I'll tell you to shut up if I want to.

Hayley rolls her eyes as the tow head back to shore.

As they arrive, Alex and Elena, currently in third place, are heading out.

Hayley: Travel to the Pit Stop, Yarkon Park. Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Alexis: Won't be us.

Cut to Yarkon Park; Phil is standing in the amphitheater with an Israeli student.

Jeffrey and Bryan arrive and take their spots.

Greeter: Welcome to Tel Aviv.

Bryan: Thank you.

Phil: Jeffrey and Bryan...

Phil raises his eyebrow.

Phil: ...you're team number ONE!

Bryan wraps up Jeffrey and swings her around joyously.

Phil: Now I have some good news. As the winners of this leg of the Race, you have won a seven-night trip to Maui courtesy of Travelocity.

Bryan: That's great news. I'll need another vacation.

Phil's look turns somber.

Phil: Now I have some bad news. Earlier in the leg, several teams went into a coffee shop that was attacked by a suicide bomber.

Bryan's expression does not change; Jeffrey even appears to smile.

Phil: All of the Race contestants survived, but we lost two cameramen and a sound man. Eleven people died in the blast.

Bryan: I really don't know what to say. Who was involved?

Phil: You'll find out.

Cut to Jaffa Harbor; Alex and Elena, currently in third place, have just undone their statue, and Reggie and Dan, currently in fourth place, have begun to row out.

Team confessional, Alex and Elena.

Alex: We started off the leg in a bad situation, and we felt like all we could do is stay ahead of the Hogettes.

Elena: When they caught up to us, we felt ourselves kicking into overdrive.

Cut to Reggie and Dan trying to untie their statue.

Dan: I wish I had smaller fingers.

Dan: My fingers were too big for that tiny little chain. I just couldn't get it to move.

Reggie: My fingers are even worse, so I wasn't any help.

Cut to Reggie and Dan continuing to struggle; a quick pan to Alex and Elena shows them opening their clue.

Alex: Travel to the Pit Stop, Yarkon Park.

Elena: And let's stay ahead of them.

A pan back to Reggie and Dan shows them continuing to struggle but loosening the chain up.

Dan: I think I'm getting it.

Reggie: Work with it.

Dan: I'm trying. They had to tie the damn knot right around the statue instead of giving me a little slack.

Reggie: Are they all like that?

Dan: I think so.

Dan continues to jiggle the knot, loosening it even more as Dan threads the loose end of the chain back through.

Dan: I got it.

Dan grabs the statue and sets it up front as the team begins to row back.

Soon, they arrive at shore and open the statue to get the clue.

Reggie: Travel to the Pit Stop, Yarkon Park.

Cut to the amphitheater at Yarkon Park; Phil is waiting as Hayley and Alexis show up.

His tone turns slightly serious.

Phil: Hayley and Alexis...you are the second team to arrive.

Alexis (angrily): What?

Phil: However, you have violated this season's rules on begging. As I understand, you receive sixty shekels, which, by current exchange rates, is about $16 U.S. The penalty for begging is a 30-minute penalty and three minutes for every U.S. dollar received. Your penalty time is 78 minutes, starting now.

Hayley and Alexis storm off to the side and wait; their penalty timer begins to tick down from 78 minutes.

Alexis: Those f------ bitches tricked us.

Hayley: Well, maybe it's karma--

Alexis (angrily): Don't f------ talk to me about karma.

Hayley: After what you said to Spike, I'm glad we're being penalized.

Alexis: That was a game move, and I'm probably right.

Hayley: What the hell do you know about her father?

Alexis: My father left--

Hayley: And mine didn't. What the hell's your point?

Alexis: Do you ever shut up?

Hayley: Not when it's important.

Alexis: I'm done talking to you.

Hayley: Fine.

Alexis: Fine.

The two turn away from each other in anger.

06-16-08, 01:15 PM (EST)
6. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 9 - "We'll Kill Her. And I Think I Know How""
Blog Entry, 11/15/2008
Authored by: Wade Blitzer, trojantrainer

The good news? We beat Stanford. The better news? Even the visiting crowd cheered Jim and Tina. I guess I expected a classy move from the Stanford crowd - even if they cheered louder for their own hometown favorites.

Tina, Carrie and Dana all sat together, and while they still seemed a little out of it, they certainly enjoyed the game. At least they enjoyed it while it was a game; the Trojans were up for revenge, and Stanford really had no answer for us.

I got the chance to meet the two ladies from Stanford who raced against my guys. And while I tried to get it out of them who won, they weren't budging. Somehow I don't think it was Tina and Jim, sine Jim's knee has to give out some time. My money's on those tough guys from Michigan. At least Derek's team is undefeated. We're still in the hunt for the title, but we're not front-runners.

Regardless, I've asked Jim if I can borrow a hundred bucks from his prize money. And in true Jim Nolan style, he told me to go to hell.

Blog Entry, 11/15/2008

All right, so after we got back from the game, I got a call from Rex, of all people. I haven't met Rex or talked to him, but he seemed like a nice enough guy, so I let him talk. He said he had a proposition for me. And immediately I thought, "Damnit, Rex, I'm taller than you. Carrie might be into that, but I'm not."

He actually wasn't asking for a night with me, which was a relief; he's sweet, but he's not my type. He was asking for a way to cheer his girlfriend up, and naturally, since I think Carrie's been through as much as Derek, and since Derek saved her life, I was open to just about anything.

Before I told Derek about it, I decided to butter him up a bit. I reminded him of what a sexy guy I think he is and how I think he's a really great guy for saving Carrie and Spike from the suicide bombers. I think he has trouble taking a compliment, though. He actually deflected it by saying that Spike and Carrie saved his life. I know exactly what happened. And I'm sorry, Derek, but you're outvoted by the girls. You're a hero.

Here's what I suggested - since Carrie needed some cheering up, and since Derek needs a night to be wild, I suggested that I fly Carrie out to Ann Arbor for a Saturday night, I head back to Kansas a night early, and he and Carrie can spend the night together. I told him I knew there was a lot of attraction between him and Carrie, and if he thinks he can hide it, he's a fool. Really, who wouldn't feel sparks when a woman as hot as Carrie tongue-wrestles with them...at least if they're a straight guy or a gay woman?

Derek looked at me the way a cow looks at an oncoming train as he contemplated my offer. I think he thought about it for about two seconds. He looked at me and replied,

"This is a joke, right?"

I suppose it goes without saying at this point that he wasn't interested. I tried to talk him into it - I'm absolutely cool with it, and I told him I didn't want him to feel like it was cheating.

I think I made him upset. He actually asked me if I was doing this because I had cheated on him and needed to make something up to him (I'm not cheating despite what the tabloids say - I'm already a liar and a home wrecker; I'm not stupid enough to add "cheater" to that list. After seeing my Wikipedia bio vandalized after the sex lie, I can't imagine what they might say if I cheated.) And when I finally convinced him I'm not cheating, he acted offended that I thought he would even consider cheating. OK, I get it, Derek.

He finally acted rationally later and told me that he worked really hard to be with me. When I told him that I wasn't going anywhere, he told me I was all he wanted. It sounds cheesy, and it was, but I didn't really care. Then Rob called him a pansy, and Derek told him that I was sexier than any girl he brought home. Hey, it shut him up.

Besides, Rob was off the scoreboard all weekend, and Derek had a hat trick tonight. Apparently I'm doing something right that his skanks aren't.

Back from commercial.

Alexis: Do you ever shut up?

Hayley: Not when it's important.

Alexis: I'm done talking to you.

Alexis: Fine.

The two turn away from each other in anger.

Hayley: I've been upset at Alexis for the things she said to Spike in Johannesburg for a while, but I'm trying not to let it affect our game. But I think Jennifer convinced us to break the rules out of revenge, so it's definitely affecting our game.

Alexis: She did it because she's a bitch.

Hayley: And because you shot off your f------ mouth to Spike.

Cut to the Pit Stop, Hayley and Alexis are out of ear shot while Alex and Elena arrive.

Phil: Alex and Elena...you're team number two!

Alex kisses Elena and the two jump for joy.

Alex: I thought we were near last.

Phil: No, you're near the front. However, I do have some bad news.

Hayley and Alexis are still out of ear shot.

Phil: Earlier in the leg, several teams went into a coffee shop that was attacked by a suicide bomber.

Both Alex and Elena start to tear up, holding onto each other; Elena falls onto Phil and grabs his turtleneck.

Phil: All of the Race contestants survived, but we lost two cameramen and a sound man. Eleven people died in the blast.

Both Alex and Elena appear to cry.

Phil: You guy are taking this pretty hard.

Alex (crying): No one deserves that. No one.

Phil: All your fellow contestants are fine.

Elena (shaken up): We all love the camera guys.

Phil: We all do, too.

Soon after, Reggie and Dan arrive, and they see Alex and Elena upset.

Phil: Reggie and Dan...you're team number three!

Reggie and Dan exchange a quick fist-pound, but they see Alex and Elena sobbing.

Reggie: What's going on here?

Alex (upset): A suicide bomber killed three crew members and hurt some teams.

Reggie: Wait, a suicide bomber?

Phil: If you remember the Loan Shark from earlier in the leg, a few teams took it, and while they were there, a suicide bomber attacked the shop they were at. Three crew members were killed, and several contestants were injured.

Reggie: How many?

Phil: You'll find out.

Reggie: Are they OK?

Phil: They're still in the Race. And until they arrive, I'll leave it at that.

Cut to St. Peter's Monastery; the four Solid Gold teams arrive at the same time and all take clues, passing them around.

Charlie: Detour. Mount Olympus or Mount Sinai? Looks here like we should all do Mount Olympus. It's rowing.

Tina: Sounds good to me.

Cut to Jaffa Harbor; all four teams pile into boats and row out quickly to the statue, encircling it. Carrie and Dana seem to work the quickest.

Carrie: Work the loose end, guys.

Derek: Got it. Dad, can you do this?

Charlie: I'm missing fingers, son.

Derek: Well, help me; my fingers are huge.

(confessional) Charlie: Working that chain with just eight fingers was not the easiest thing in the world.

Cut to the Harbor; Carrie and Dana have their statue undone, and Tina and Jim are almost finished.

Charlie is struggling, and Jennifer is almost done.

Spike: Make the knot bigger, Charlie.

Charlie: Give me some time.

Finally, after a minute or two of work, Charlie undoes the knot, and Derek paddles fast to help catch up to the other teams.

Carrie opens the clue first.

Carrie: Travel to the Pit Stop, Yarkon Park. Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis at the Pit Stop; their penalty timer reads 15:10 and counting.

Cut to a bus carrying the four Solid Gold teams; the destination on the bus reads "YARKON PARK."

Tina: Look, this is a tough choice, but we need to decide who's going home.

Carrie: It can't be you guys. You need to go up first.

Jim: That's crazy. With my knee, we don't stand a chance.

Spike: Look. I'll probably spend the money on drugs and cigarettes. You guys need the money more.

Carrie: I was going to volunteer to go out because we're the weakest--

Charlie: Now listen here, Carrie. You need the money. I got everything I wanted on Survivor. Derek and I will go. He's going pro in a year, and I have enough money from the Navy.

Spike: After Derek saved our lives, there's no way we're letting you go out.

Derek: It's OK, guys. Besides, I'm crossing my fingers none of us will go out. But if someone does, it will be us.

Carrie embraces Derek, kissing him on the cheek.

Carrie: You're my hero, Derek.

Derek: I'm no one's hero. My dad's a hero.

Carrie: The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, handsome.

Carrie kisses Derek on the lips as the bus stops.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, who are not at the Pit Stop; their timer reads 4:18.

Cut to the Solid Gold teams, who arrive at the Pit Stop together with joined hands; noticeably, Tina is wearing gloves.

Greeter: Welcome to Tel Aviv, Israel.

Tina and Jim take their spot on the mat first.

Phil: Tina and Jim...

His eyebrow raises as he cracks a smile.

Phil: ...you're team number FOUR!

Jim pumps his fist in excitement; Tina drops to her knees and clenches her hands, appearing to smile.

Phil: Everyone, come on up here.

Carrie and Dana step onto the mat next.

Phil: Carrie and Dana, you're team number five! Spike and Jennifer, you're team number six! Charlie and Derek, you're team number seven!

All four teams huddle around Tina and Jim, cheering and hollering in victorious celebration.

Phil: You're all still in the Race.

Derek: Wait a minute, who's last then?

A quick pan to the side shows Hayley and Alexis walking up; the time on their penalty clock shows 0:37.

Hayley: Nice trick, Jennifer.

Charlie: What the hell did you do, Jen?

Hayley: Jennifer convinced us to beg, knowing it was against the rules. We got a time penalty, and you guys survived. And we're about to leave, unless Phil spares us.

Alexis: But before we go, I just want to say one thing. Spike, I said some pretty nasty things to you at the airport, and I hope you can accept my apology. I had no right to talk about your father the way I did. I don't know what happened to him, and you didn't deserve to be attacked the way I attacked you. It was a game move, and it was a bad one, and I am truly sorry. I didn't know your dad, but if you say he loved you, then I'm sure he did. My father left me when I was young, but I had no right to assume yours did.

Spike (tearing up): Thanks, Alexis. That means a lot to me.

Phil: Hayley and Alexis, your time penalty is up. Come on up here.

The four Solid Gold teams clear the mat, allowing Hayley and Alexis to take their spots.

Phil: Hayley and Alexis...you are the last team to arrive.

Hayley: We know.

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Alexis: It's OK. We deserved it.

Alexis: I've learned a lot about myself out here. There are a few things I don't like about how I act, and I know I need to do better. I can't just tear into people the way I do.

Hayley: We dug holes for us to fall into, and it cost us. We'll learn from it and be better people for the experience. It sucks that we won't be the first all-female team to win the Race.

Alexis: Jennifer got us. I hope she and Spike go far.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis at the Pit Stop; the other teams have cleared out, and they stand looking forward.

Cut to a black screen reading "This episode is dedicated to the families, friends, and loved ones of the three crew members who lost their lives in the Tel Aviv blast. Our hearts go out to the families and loved ones of all those affected."

The credits begin to roll.

Phil (voice-over): Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

Episode 9: Elimination Station Summary
Authored by: Dr. Rage

Before I start the summary, I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences to the families of the three TAR crew members who were killed in the Tel Aviv blast. These people gave their lives in the pursuit of our entertainment, and I can only hope that the entire viewing audience is grateful for their sacrifice.

This was, by far, the toughest episode of any reality show I've ever watched, and I haven't met anyone who disagrees. I can only imagine if my loved one or friend were in that blast, even if they survived. The only sense of justice in this was that all four teams in the blast are still in the Race after pulling the greatest trick in show history.

The biggest tear-jerking episode of The Amazing Race ever even got some tears out of the team that puts up the toughest front of all. For those of us at home, seeing several teams arrive at the Pit Stop with hands joined as that infernal Nickelback song "If Everyone Cared" played in the background would ordinarily be the corniest thing ever, but I wouldn't have wanted the episode to end any other way.

As for Hayley and Alexis on their way to Guam, I'm not sure if they're crying because they figured out that they acted like bitches or because they lost, but either way, they didn't look happy on their way to Guam. One of their initial reactions to the suicide bombing was that they were glad it wasn't them. As Alexis put it, "I just know we would have been killed." I see she was only nice for a few minutes for the camera.

A few teams were happy to see them, though Darius said he was happy to see them because it meant that they didn't "cost us a win." According to Darius logic, if Hayley and Alexis had won, it would be because Hayley won a game of rock-paper-scissors in Wales, because we all know that the bottom-feeding Dakota team would have sprung to life the way Hayley and Alexis did. Darius swore he wasn't bitter, just "frustrated." It's been how long now?

Hayley and Alexis were less happy to be reunited with Bobby and Caroline, since both of them consider Bobby "a big baby" and Caroline "completely incapable of reining him in." This starts a huge fight between Alexis and Caroline, which Hayley tries to break up while Bobby goes to make popcorn. Such a supportive boyfriend, he is. I'd follow him to hell and back, I would.

Kea's natural curiosity got the best of her, and she wondered what caused one of the strongest teams to be eliminated in eighth place. Hayley blames Jennifer right away, and naturally, Kea assumes she's bitter, a charge Hayley denies. She goes on to explain that Alexis said some nasty things to Spike, so out of revenge, Jennifer convinced Hayley to beg for money. The lie that Jennifer told was that begging was only illegal if a team has been spared elimination. Kea looks at Hayley with a confused look and replies, "And you fell for that? You guys deserved to be eliminated." Kea starts cracking up, as Hayley looks on with a dumb look on her face.

The smile was wiped right off Kea's face, though, as Alexis explains what she said to Spike that triggered Jennifer to play that trick. People were kind of aware that the Florida team and the Seattle team didn't get along, but Alexis said some things about Spike's father, who, by the way, is dead and has been for a long time, and even accused Spike's dead father of abandoning her when he did no such thing. She said she did it just to get inside Spike's head, and it worked - a little too well, since Jennifer exacted her revenge pretty instantaneously. Jamal looked at Alexis at the end of her story and said, "Wow. You're a bitch. I'm glad you got eliminated." The fact that Alexis apologized softened the blow, but the fact that Hayley twisted Alexis' arm to make her apologize, even threatening to quit the Race if she didn't, seemed to lower everyone's opinion of Alexis.

Hayley dropped another, and pardon the pun, bombshell - three crew members were killed in a suicide bombing. Worse, five contestants were in the shop that was suicide-bombed, and it's a wonder that even one survived, let alone all five. The official story is that the tables were made of metal and that Derek, Carrie, and Spike all ducked under a table while Jim "accidentally" saved himself and Tina. Jim's story was that he dropped to his knees because of knee pain, and to avoid losing his balance, he grabbed onto Tina, bringing her down, and underneath the table, they were safe from the blast. The entire house looked on in horror as Hayley continued.

Also, Carrie and Spike swear up and down that Derek saved their lives in much the same way, though Derek denies it and swears that Carrie and Spike saved his. Hayley admits that the girls' story seemed more believable, and Derek probably got lucky and looks like a hero. Apparently Alexis the Misandrist Bitch has gotten into Hayley's head a lot more than she would like. She goes on to say that Carrie and Spike couldn't keep their hands off Derek at the Pit Stop, and Spike even joked that she would "go straight" for Derek for a day. Alexis counters with, "Admit it, Hayley. You can't keep your eyes off Derek, either." Hayley does admit it, but like Derek, she's spoken for, and she doesn't think much of Carrie being all over Derek, since she is also spoken for. Hello, Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Kettle.

Alexis snidely asks Bobby if he ever wears anything around the house besides his underwear, and Caroline answers with an emphatic, "No." Hayley looks over him and says, "I like that." Alexis calls him a lazy, shiftless bum, but Hayley asks, "What's wrong with a handsome boyfriend who stays at home while his girlfriend makes the money?" Hayley explains that she has a stay-at-home boyfriend, and she doesn't see a problem with it. Bobby explains that he's trying to pursue a career as an actor because it's the only thing that makes him happy. Hayley licks her lips and tells him that he should be an underwear model, which causes Caroline to cut her short. Hayley gets defensive and fires back, "What? Your boyfriend's hot."

The house gets together for a six-on-six game of beach volleyball while Debra and Bob decide to officiate. On one side, Eric and Jessica, Steve and Darius, and Leilani and Kea form the "veterans" while Ray and Jamal, Bobby and Caroline, and Hayley and Alexis form the "newbies." As a heterosexual male, I'm obligated to point out that, although they have fairly icy personalities, Hayley and Alexis have very nice bikini bodies. Bobby also switched to a Speedo on Caroline's urging, and she was very upset when Hayley slapped him on the backside.

The newbies won 15-12, according to official scorekeeper Debra. Bob counted 15-13, but it didn't matter; they all went back in to do what they do best - beer pong. Hayley and Alexis had to be initiated by playing Eric and Jessica in beer pong; naturally, they lost badly. Hayley said that she spent her time in college studying instead of playing beer pong, and as such, she never had much fun.

Hayley and Alexis said that they hoped Spike and Jennifer won, simply because they wanted to be beaten by the best. They picked Reggie and Dan as the next team to go, since they were the oldest. Jeez, it sure seemed like thinly veiled "The guys are going down and the girls are going al the way" jingoism, and the thought had to be "If we can't be the first all-female team to win it all, at least the team that beat us can."

Hayley and Alexis looked at sleeping in the same bed as "like a big slumber party." They wondered what their boyfriends were up to at home, and Alexis said, "I bet they don't know what to do without us."

Back from commercial.

Phil (voice-over): On the next episode of the Amazing Race...the new Solid Gold alliance struggles to stay together.

Tina: I wonder if we can do this better on our own.

Jim: This is why I wanted to go here, where we can be.

Phil (voice-over): Teams are faced with the hottest challenge yet.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer eating hot peppers.

Phil (voice-over): And the teams get to meet contenders of a different variety.

Cut to a view of Jeff Probst.

Jeff: This challenge is for reward.

Voice-over: Stay tuned for an all-new 90-minute CSI: Miami coming up next.

Order of finish:

1. Jeffrey and Bryan, 3:54 pm
2. Alex and Elena, 4:21 pm
3. Reggie and Dan, 4:25 pm
4. Tina aand Jim, 5:04 pm
5. Carrie and Dana, 5:05 pm
6. Spike and Jennifer, 5:06 pm
7. Charlie and Derek, 5:07 pm
8. Hayley and Alexis, 5:08 pm

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •