The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-24-08, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
INTERVIEW: The Amazing Race's Eric Stein and Jessica Hughbanks Talk

Dating couple Eric Stein and Jessica Hughbanks knew going in that their experience on the Amazing Race would be different from their first experience on Big Brother 8. They didn't know how different, though.

As a result, Eric, the 28-year-old talent management assistant from New York, NY, and Jessica, the 22-year-old student from Haysville, KS, became the second team eliminated from The Amazing Race: Expedition.

On Thursday, the couple talked to Reality TV World about their experience on the Race, how different it was from Big Brother, how strong their relationship is, what made them decide to go for the Fast Forward that early, and how close they were to catching up to the last-place team.

Reality TV World: How were you chosen for The Amazing Race: Expedition? Did you have to send in a video?
Eric: No, we didn't send in a video. Actually, my brother was just joking around with me one day about how much he said the Amazing Race loves reality show couples, and how we'd be the next Rob and Amber.
Jessica: So he told me one night on the phone about the idea, and I know he was joking, but it gave me an idea. So I called CBS and asked about it, and they were interested.

RTVW: Why did you guys want to come on the Amazing Race? Have you watched the show before?
Jessica: I watched it a little, but I thought it would be cool to go on the Race with Eric. We don't get to spend as much time together as we would like, so this was a way to be together more.
Eric: My work is in New York, and Jessica goes to school in Kansas, so we have a lot of time apart, and sometimes we both wondered if it would ever work, so we decided to see how well we did in a situation like this one.

RTVW: How did you prepare yourselves physically and mentally for the Race?
Jessica: There was a lot of guesswork involved in studying for the show, but we figured out a few phrases in some of the most commonly spoken languages in the world and learned a few phrases in those languages.
Eric: Portuguese wasn't one of them.
(Eric and Jessica both laugh.)
Jessica: I worked out a little bit, more so than I already do, so I figured being in shape wasn't a problem.

RTVW: What was the reaction to you guys? Were people star struck?
Eric: A few people were. {"Married Cyclists" Debra and Bob Newman} were all over us. Debra's a real big fan of Big Brother and was a huge fan of Jessica--
Jessica: Oh, don't be modest, Eric. She thought you were just the funniest guy ever.

RTVW: Did you have any impression of some of them as well?
Eric: Everyone was really nice, at least those we hung out with. We had a really good impression of Debra and Bob, and we were really surprised how cool {"Hogettes" Reggie McGowan and Dan August} were.
Jessica: Our first impression of {"Ex-Girlfriends" Allison "Spike" Blades and Jennifer Ellsworth} was a little interesting. I went in anticipating that I wouldn't like Spike because she reminded me so much of Evel Dick, but she was nothing like I pictured.
Eric: OK, she was a little bit.
Jessica: OK, maybe.

RTVW: Were there teams you initially butted heads with? What about teams you got along with well?
Eric: Well, of course we loved Debra and Bob, and we got along well with Reggie and Dan, but we traded a few barbs with {"Father and Son" Charlie and Derek Forrest} right off the bat.
Jessica: At the first Pit Stop, though, I spent a little time talking to Derek, and he's such a sweet guy. It turns out Eric and I have a lot in common with him - we're both in long-distance relationships and his girlfriend lives just three hours away from me, and I guess she's all right even if she is a Jayhawk.
(Eric and Jessica both laugh at this.)

RTVW: Did you form any alliances with other teams?
Jessica: No formal alliances, no. It didn't seem like there were a lot of alliances out there. Teams kind of helped each other, but I didn't see any alliances.

{EDITOR'S NOTE: Although Jessica didn't remember it, "Father and Future Son-In-Law" Ray Nabors and Jamal Washington had a formal alliance with "Teacher and Former Student" Carrie Burnside and Dana Quinn.}

RTVW: We also have to ask about the leg that ended in Antarctica. Just how cold was it there? It was winter there, so it had to be bad.
Eric: It was brutal. It was dark, cold, and terrible everywhere. We didn't find anything without lights, and we felt like we were about to freeze to death.
Jessica: On top of that, poor Eric had to stay awake on that boat. The first leg was absolutely insane. I could barely sleep in that boat and I don't know how anyone got out of it with their sanity.
Eric: Once all the teams arrived that wouldn't be eliminated, they evacuated us to Santiago, which was a lot nicer. On the way, we slept and recovered; when we woke up, we got to hang out with the other teams.
Jessica: That was our first time to interact with the other teams.

RTVW: What led to the decision to go for the Fast Forward? Why spend it on the second leg?
Jessica: I made that call, and I was thinking that no one else would go for it early. That's why I suggested it. I didn't think about how there were twelve other teams, and one was bound to think that.
Eric: I went along with it, and I guess I didn't think {"Ravers" Hayley Masterson and Alexis Steel} would try for it, too.

RTVW: You did so well throughout that leg. Did going for the Fast Forward knock you guys out?
Eric: Probably. But we were in a dead heat with {"Dating Couple" Bobby Kingsford and Caroline Clarkson} at the end, and our cab driver just decided he thought he knew better how to get to the Pit Stop. He didn't, and we lost.
Jessica: But we wouldn't have been in that situation if we hadn't gone for the Fast Forward. That cost us time, and we probably would have finished farther ahead of them if not for that.

RTVW: A few teams seemed to know a lot about Rio de Janeiro. Were you familiar with the city?
Jessica: I had never been to Rio, and I certainly had no illusions about passing Charlie and Derek. From what I heard, Derek knew everything about the city.
Eric: I also saw how much {"College Friends" Alex Vladikov and Elena Mendeleeva} knew about every place they went to. Elena's really sharp, and I saw them as tough competition.

RTVW: We saw a lot of teams having trouble stopping the shots from the soccer players. Was it as hard as it looked?
Jessica: Couldn't you tell? A lot of it was luck. The thing we had to figure out was that the shooters were practicing, so they tried all kinds of different shots. Sooner or later, they would send us one we could stop. Once I realized that, it got a lot easier, and I would just try to stop a few kinds of shots rather than guess something different every time. Sooner or later, the thing I tried would be right, and I would stop a shot, and that's what happened.

RTVW: How far behind Bobby and Caroline were you guys?
Eric: Not even a minute. We were frustratingly close. It wasn't like the first leg, where Debra and Bob were over two hours behind.
Jessica: We saw them running back to go to sleep, and we knew we didn't make it. Before that, we had no idea if we were ahead of them.

RTVW: Did the Amazing Race strengthen your relationship?
Eric: Definitely. Even if we didn't last long, we had a lot of fun.
Jessica: We're still very much together, and I'm actually considering heading up to New York to be with Eric. Before the Race, I never would have thought about it.

RTVW: So what's next for you guys? Back to school and to your job?
Eric: I love what I do, and I love where I do it. I'm very happy with the experience, and I can't imagine making my living doing reality shows. Jessica and I didn't do this just to be on TV.
Jessica: It was the money, and we got $3,000 apiece for our finish. It's not the million, but we'll take it.

The Show Begins - air date 9/24/2008

The introductory shot is of the skyline of Santiago, Chile, with a focus on the area around National Stadium, the starting point for the second leg of the Amazing Race.

Phil (voice-over): Previously on the Amazing Race...thirteen teams of two started from Santiago, Chile and figured out that they had to travel to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Some teams were excited--

Derek (excitedly): We're going to Rio!

Phil (voice-over): And Derek joyfully recalled a recent trip to Rio with his girlfriend.

Team confessional, Charlie and Derek.

Derek: Right after the Survivor reunion, my dad sent me to Rio for a week with Danni. It was probably the best trip of my life. OK, it was definitely the best trip of my life.

Charlie: We'll just see how well you remember the city, unless the clue directs us to your hotel room.

Derek: Hopefully, they do, and the clue says, "A gorgeous brunette will hand you your next clue."

Phil (voice-over): While other teams had trouble figuring out the clue.

Jim: Does anyone speak English?

One older woman indicates that she does.

Jim: Do you know what the Marvelous City is?

Woman: No, I have no idea, sorry.

Phil (voice-over): Ray and Jamal cemented their alliance with back-of-the-pack Carrie and Dana by reserving seats on the first flight fir them.

Team confessional, Ray and Jamal.

Jamal: I reserved tickets for Carrie and Dana because they're not as strong a team, and I didn't want a team like the Hogettes or the Ravers to get on the same flight with us. There was only room for one more team after us, and it was nice to be able to pick that team.

Ray: Plus you like looking at them.

Phil (voice-over): In Rio, Derek showed off his knowledge of the local language.

Derek: Ipanema Beach. Va, por favor, rapidamente. (Subtitle: Please go quickly.)

Charlie: You speak Spanish, too?

Derek: Portuguese. I picked it up when Danni and I were here.

Phil (voice-over): While Jeffrey and Bryan struggled to adapt.

Bryan: Look, we need to know where this place is. Heloisa Pinheiro's landmark or something. What was she famous for?

Driver: I do not know. You need to give me a destination.

Phil (voice-over): At the Detour, some teams drove well.

Cut to Derek cutting corners at a high speed.

Phil (voice-over): While Carrie's driving was called into question.

Dana: Christ, Carrie; who taught you to drive?

Carrie: I learned that on my own.

Dana: Well, it's a good thing you don't teach driver's ed.

Phil (voice-over): At the other option, Ray and Jamal took it easy.

Jamal: I kind of pictured the Detour as something that might be fitting of us if I were about thirty years older and had a banjo to go with my fishing pole, and Ray and I could sit around and talk about the weather and drink beers while we passed the time.

Ray: How many hours of TV do you watch a day again, Jamal?

Jamal: TV? Who has time? (in a mock drawl) I'm just here enjoyin' the summer air.

Phil (voice-over): While Spike got clever and succeeded.

Spike: I honestly can't believe this is working.

Jennifer: I'm having almost no luck with the stuff they gave me.

Spike comes up with a copper fish and drops it in the team's bucket; one other fish is in the bucket.

Jennifer: OK, MacGyver; you're out-fishing Mississippi with bondage gear and a metal bar.

Spike: You expected less?

Phil (voice-over): Heylay and Alexis went for the Fast Forward and got it.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis climbing Stop Chimney and reaching the top.

Hayley: Congratulations! You have won the Fast Forward. Travel to Pedra de Gavea--

Phil (voice-over): While Eric and Jessica went for the Fast Forward and were too late.

Eric: What? Someone got it already?

Instructor: Someone just got it now.

Eric: Damnit.

Phil (voice-over): Tina and Alex got into it when Alex drove too close to Jim's injured knee.

Tina (furious): I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you had no right to do what you just did. Jim's knee is in bad enough shape with assh---- like you coming in and f------ up his ability to walk. F--- you.

Alex: I said I was sorry--

Tina (shouting and pointing): You want to go in and redo his f------ knee? Huh? Do you, you idiotic bastard? Get the f--- out of here, and if you're lucky, I won't kick your ass later!

Phil (voice-over): Jim smoothed it over with Alex at the Roadblock.

Jim: Listen, I'm sorry Tina went off like that at the racetrack. I'm fine, you didn't hurt me, and we're cool, I hope.

Phil (voice-over): And it came down to Caroline against Jessica to avoid last place.

Cut to Caroline and Jessica both stopping shots from soccer players.

Phil (voice-over): Having won the Fast Forward, Hayley and Alexis were first.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis at the Pit Stop.

Phil: ...you are team number ONE!

Hayley and Alexis high-five and embrace joyously.

Phil (voice-over): Ray and Jamal arrived fifth, but they broke the rules by authorizing flight arrangements for Carrie and Dana.

Cut to Ray and Jamal giving a stunned expression, not sure what happened.

Phil (voice-over): And it dropped them all the way to eleventh.

Jamal angrily walks away as Ray flashes a cold stare at him.

Phil (voice-over): Bobby and Caroline made it to the Pit Stop in time.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline at the Pit Stop.

Phil: ...you're team number twelve!

Phil (voice-over): While Eric and Jessica did not.

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Phil (voice-over): Twelve teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

The opening credits begin to roll. At first, a Mercator projection of the world in black, green, and yellow, with the Amazing Race logo superimposed over it cuts to a view of an airplane flying above a layer of clouds. The phrase "14 teams of 2" appears on screen. The first team shown on screen is Leilani and Kea against an island backdrop. The credits continue to Carrie and Dana outside a college building, Hayley and Alexis in front of a row of prison cells, Reggie and Dan outside FedEx Field, Bobby and Caroline in front of their Colorado home, Ray and Jamal in front of a panoramic shot of the Gulf of Mexico, Tina and Jim on a football field sideline with a medical pod in the backdrop, Debra and Bob on a hilly road with their bikes, Alex and Elena on a college green, Jeffrey and Bryan in front of a construction site, Spike and Jennifer outside Seattle's City Hall, and Steve and Darius on a chicken ranch. In this ending, Eric and Jessica appear outside Jessica's home in Kansas, and Charlie and Derek appear on a hockey rink.

The screen cuts to commercial.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-24-08 1
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-24-08 2
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-24-08 3
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-24-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-24-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
Blog entry, 09/18/2008
Authored by: Alex Stein, littlebrotheriswatchingyou

Sadly, the decision to go for the Fast Forward was...yes, wait for it...not ordered by the American public. Trust me; the votes wouldn't get back in time two-plus months and all the way to Rio to pull such a boneheaded, half-insane move.

But it's not my job to sit here and throw tomatoes at them for their bad decision; besides; it was Jessica's idea. I would know - Eric said so. It seems that, when he's not taking orders from the public, he's taking them from his girlfriend. And neither wants him to succeed.

The only letdown for them was being eliminated at the beach. As Eric put it, he survived Antarctica but couldn't handle paradise. So maybe if they sent him to the North Pole, they might have won, or maybe if the Pit Stop were at the Mir Space Station, they might come away with one of those five-day trips to Acapulco that Charlie and Derek were always blabbering about.

The good news is that Eric finally won one battle - he and Jessica are looking for a place together in New York City. Unfortunately, he seems to be willing to surrender in just about everything else, so Jessica threw him a bone in this department.

Jessica's money is going toward student expenses; Eric's is going toward furnishing the apartment. Figures. Jessica spends her money on herself, and Eric spends it on the couple. Not that I think it's bad or anything; Eric's a good guy, and Jessica really doesn't own him that much. She just does a good job of making it look like she does.

Back from commercial.

Cut to an overview of the beachfront of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil; the beach is bustling with swimsuit-clad tourists, and a shot of Pedra de Gavea, where the Racers arrived at the end of the second leg, is included.

Phil (voice-over): This...is Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. This beach city and popular tourist destination is the second Pit Stop in a race around the world.

Cut to several teams arriving at the Pit Stop.

Phil (voice-over): Teams arrived here for a mandatory rest period, having no idea what's in store for them. Hayley and Alexis, who were the first to arrive at 1:49 pm--

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, first to depart. They are on a beach, and it is dark.

Phil (voice-over): ...will depart at 1:49 am.

Hayley tears the clue open; inside in a blue Route Marker envelope.

Heyley: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland--

Cut to Phil standing outside Holyrood Abbey in Edinburgh.

Phil: Teams must travel more than 5,800 miles to Edinburgh, Scotland. Once there, they must find Holyrood Abbey, a cathedral built in the 12th century and presently standing in ruins, where they will receive their next clue.

Cut back to Hayley and Alexis.

Hayley: You have $50 for this leg of the Race. And wait, what's this? U-Turn now?

Cut to a shot of a U-Turn station.

Phil (voice-over): The U-Turn enables a team to force another to stop after completing a Detour option, go back, and complete the other option. The option can be used by one team against any other; however, once a team uses the U-Turn, that team can never use it for the rest of the Race. Also, once a team is U-Turned, that team is safe from ever being U-Turned again. As such, a team may decide to U-Turn itself, thus guaranteeing safety from being U-Turned for the remainder of the Race. However, only one team may use the U-Turn during any given leg of the Race, and there are only four U-Turns present in the entire Race.

Cut back to Hayley and Alexis in front of the U-Turn.

Alexis: We choose not to use the U-Turn.

Team confessional, Hayley and Alexis.

Hayley: We already used the Fast Forward, and on some level, that puts us in a weak position, but as long as we still have the U-Turn, we still have an ace in the hole.

Alexis: Besides, there's no point in making enemies this early. We do enough of that.

Cut to Carrie and Dana, send to depart at 2:02 am.

Carrie: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland and find Holyrood Abbey.

Dana: Well, goodbye, warm beaches.

Carrie and Dana arrive at the U-Turn box.

Carrie: We choose not to use the U-Turn.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, third to depart at 2:03 am.

Derek: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Charlie: At least there, I don't have to listen to you go on about all the places you and Danni did it.

Charlie and Derek arrive at the U-Turn box, still laughing.

Charlie: We choose not to use the U-Turn.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, fourth to depart at 2:06 am.

Jennifer: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Spike: Hey, now you're talking; I'm Scottish.

Jennifer: You are?

Spike: I don't know.

Jennifer: You're really Scottish?

Spike: No, I mean I really don't know. I was kidding.

Spike and Jennifer arrive at the U-Turn.

Jennifer: We choose not to use the U-Turn.

Spike: I can think of a few teams I'd like to use it on, but we won't.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, fifth to depart at 2:17 am.

Bryan: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland. You have $50 for this leg of the Race.

Jeffrey: I hate not having money.

Bryan: We have money; we're fine.

Jeffrey: I can spend this in one minute.

Bryan: I've noticed.

Jeffrey: Shut up.

Jeffrey and Bryan arrive at the U-Turn.

Jeffrey: We choose to use the U-Turn.

Bryan: We choose to U-Turn Bobby and Caroline.

Team confessional, Jeffrey and Bryan.

Bryan: We decided to use the U-Turn on Bobby and Caroline because it guaranteed that we would still be in it. We can finally sink Bobby and Caroline. I wanted to use it on Charlie and Derek, but they'll just get mad, and we'll get U-Turned later.

Jeffrey: Caroline's too smart to hold a grudge, and Bobby's too stupid to hold a grudge.

Bryan: Besides, I'm sick of hearing them.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, sixth to depart at 2:18 am.

Reggie: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Dan: At least it's not Antarctica. I'm too old for that s---.

Reggie and Dan arrive at the U-Turn.

Dan: U-Turn taken. I hope it's not against us.

Cut to Leilani and Kea, seventh to depart at 2:25 am.

Kea: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Leilani: Well, we're seeing the world, all right.

Team confessional, Leilani and Kea.

Kea: Leilani and I came out here to see the world, and here we are. I'm sore about leaving the beach, but everything in Hawaii is beaches. Let's do something else.

Leilani: Hey, if we did better on the beach, I wouldn't knock it.

Kea: At least it isn't Antarctica again.

Cut to Tina and Jim, eighth to depart at 2:32 am.

Tina: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland. How's your knee?

Jim: Better every day.

Team confessional, Tina and Jim.

Jim: My knee was really bothering me on the last leg, but it's OK right now, and if I can rest it and stay off it and not work it to death, I'll be fine.

Tina: A long flight and lots of ice will do you good.

Jim: Yeah, yeah. I'm fine, Tina.

Tina: That's what you say until you're grabbing your knee and can barely walk, tough guy.

Cut to Steve and Darius, ninth to depart at 2:35 am.

Steve: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Darius: And let's try to work together.

Steve: I'm all for that.

Cut to Alex and Elena, tenth to depart at 2:37 am.

Alex: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Elena: And drive carefully this time, will you?

Team confessional, Alex and Elena.

Alex: In the last leg, I drove a little too close to Jim in a go-kart, and I know Jim's OK with me, but I think Tina's a little upset still.

Elena: I don't want an enemy this early, so I hope it will all blow over.

Cut to Ray and Jamal, eleventh to depart at 2:38 am.

Ray: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Jamal: I still hope Carrie and Dana are on our flight.

Jamal: I decided last time to make arrangements for Carrie and Dana to help them catch up and maybe bump a stronger team.

Ray: You broke the rules, and we paid for it. Now they're way up in front and we're way in the back.

Jamal: I didn't know it was against the rules. Now I know.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline, last to depart at 2:53 am.

Bobby: Fly to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Team confessional, Bobby and Caroline.

Caroline: I know a little about Europe, so I think it's a chance for us to get back in the game.

Bobby: Unless someone U-Turned us.

Caroline: Yes, I suppose if someone U-Turned us.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, currently in first place, arriving at the airport; no ticket counters are open. They run up to one and see that the counter does not open until 4 AM.

Alexis: Damnit, there goes our advantage.

Hayley: Well, at least we're first in line. Some poor idiot's no doubt getting on some late flight, and it won't be us.

Arriving at the airport in the meantime are Carrie and Dana, Charlie and Derek, Spike and Jennifer, Jeffrey and Bryan, and Reggie and Dan.

Derek puts on his hat and sits near the counter; noticeably, the insignia on the hat is that of the Detroit Red Wings. At this time, Bryan walks up to him.

Bryan: So that's how it is. Like we need any more reason to hate each other.

Derek: That's how what is?

Bryan: Your hat.

Derek: Yeah, whatever. At least I have a winning team to root for. Laugh all you want until I turn pro and kick your team's ass myself. When's the last time your team made the playoffs, anyway...never?

Bryan: You wish, punk. Maybe you forgot about 2001, when my team won it all.

(confessional) Derek: And I come to find out in my downtime that Bryan's a bandwagon sports fan. He always has to back a winner.

Cut back to Derek and Bryan arguing; Reggie is in the background watching with amusement.

Bryan: Why should I stick with my home team? They never win anything, so why not make it more fun and root for a winner? That's why I back Colorado.

Derek: That's not what being a sports fan is about. It's just like someone like you not to stick with a team. I bet you don't stick with anyone. What's your strategy out here, anyway, just latch onto whoever's winning and make them run the Race for you?

Bryan: There's nothing wrong with backing a winner.

Derek (using his hands to make a point): I suppose you're one of those jerks that writes to the newspaper and calls into the radio shows and demands that your team fire the coach after a one-point loss, too.

Bryan: Why the hell should I support someone who's terrible? Why?

Derek: You don't always win in sports. You don't win every time. Why not quit here just because my dad and I kicked your ass twice, by that logic?

Bryan: What the hell does that have to do with being a sports fan?

Derek: You're no sports fan, Bryan. You're a bandwagon-jumping assh---.

Derek turns to Reggie.

Derek: Hey Reggie, would you turn your back on the Redskins if they had a losing season?

Reggie: I haven't yet, and I've seen lots of them.

(confessional) Reggie: I didn't really want to get dragged into Derek and Bryan's holy war over sports. I happen to think Derek's right; your team is your team, and you don't leave them without a really good reason to, but come on. We're in the middle of a race for a million dollars, and those two are bickering over hockey? They need to do that on their own time and not drag me into it.

By the time the ticket counter opens, Leilani and Kea, Tina and Jim, Steve and Darius, Alex and Elena, and Ray and Jamal have arrived. Derek and Bryan are still arguing, and Charlie and Jeffrey appear to have lost track of time, so both scramble to secure a spot in the lengthening line.

Jeffrey and Tina attempt to secure a spot in the middle of the line; Tina appears to get there first. She stands in front of Jeffrey while Jim tries to wedge himself in line next to her.

Jeffrey: I was here first, bitch. Let me up.

Tina: Shove it up you’re ass, woman. We were here first; we got here fair and square.

Jeffrey (shouting): You don't know what the f--- you're talking about!

Tina (shouting back): I know I was here first! Get behind me and wait your turn!

Jeffrey: No! You get behind me! That's where your kind belongs anyway - back of the line with you, half-breed n--

Tina cuts her off.

Tina: Don't even think about saying the next word, you do-nothing piece of s---.

Tina: I've grown up with a lot of prejudice because of my ethnic background. I'm biracial; my father is black, and my mother was white.

Jim: When Jeffrey said that to Tina, it took a lot of self-control I didn't have to keep from slugging her.

Cut to the line, where Tina, Dan, and Spike are all holding Jim back.

Charlie stands in front of Jim and bars his way.

Charlie: Don't do this, Jim. Being arrested and thrown out of the Race isn't worth a useless assh--- like her.

By now, Bryan has finished arguing with Derek and has come over to step between Charlie and Jeffrey.

Charlie takes Bryan aside; Jim has begun to calm down.

Charlie (to Bryan): I'm only telling you this because I like you--

Bryan: What do you mean you like me?

Charlie: My boy might not like you, but I think you're all right. I put up with someone as bad as her for twelve years; I understand. You just need to keep some control over her out here. Put a lid on her, let her vent, and play your own game.

Bryan: That's what I try to do. She's really volatile.

Charlie: I've noticed. But I hate to see you out because of your wife.

(confessional) Charlie: In the back of my mind, when I told Bryan that I hated to see him out because of his wife, I didn't add the words, "Until crunch time," although I was definitely thinking them.

Cut to Carrie and Dana buying tickets; Hayley and Alexis have theirs.

Agent: These tickets are for the 12:35 pm flight. It leaves here, connects in Sao Paulo and Frankfurt, Germany, and arrives in Edinburgh at 5:25 pm tomorrow evening.

Carrie: I take it there's nothing faster. There's no way to go directly from Sao Paulo to Edinburgh or change planes in London or anything.

Agent: This is the fastest.

Carrie: Let's do it then.

Team confessional, Carrie and Dana.

Carrie: We worked hard in Rio to get to second place, and it all disappeared because every team got on the same flight plan.

Dana: I guess we'll just have to waste them in Edinburgh.

Carrie: Right after dessert.

Dana: When's that?

Carrie: Every meal, if I have anything to say about it.

Cut to a plane taking off from Galeao International Airport at 12:35 pm and then to a world map showing the cities through which the flight is traveling as well as the flight plan.

Phil (voice-over): All teams are now on their way to Edinburgh, Scotland, by way of Sao Paulo and Frankfurt.

Cut to Edinburgh Airport, 5:33 pm. The flight carrying all twelve teams lands, and the first team off the plane is Spike and Jennifer.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, currently in first place, outside the airport attempting to hail a cab. A couple of cabs are shown passing them and picking up other people.

Spike: Bastards.

Jennifer: Well, maybe if you didn't dress like a skinhead, we might get a cab now and then.

Spike: Real original, Jennifer. Real f------ original. What's next? Metalmouth? What other brain-busting insults do you have?

Jennifer (shouting): Oh right, because you know exactly what you're doing getting this cab. Why don't we just take a bus? You can't make decisions! You suck at everything!

Spike (shouting back): That's real nice to tell the only reason we're still in it, princess!

Jennifer: The only reason? What, you don't count me steering us to Antarctica in third place, bitch?

Spike: While I had to do everything else? Wow. You did one f------ thing.

In the background, Jeffrey and Bryan pass Spike and Jennifer and take a cab away.

Jennifer: Nice going. Now you just cost us a cab.

Spike: How the hell did cost us a cab? You picked this damn fight!

Jennifer: Fine, Spike. Let's just start walking.

Spike: F--- you.

Spike and Jennifer glare at each other as the screen fades.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-24-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
2. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
Blog Entry, 09/25/2008
Authored by: Wade Blitzer, trojantrainer

All right, all right, so it looks like both members of Team Trojan have a terrible secret. First, we touched on the fact that Jim isn't just bald for looks, although bravo to him for not wearing a ridiculous toupee at his age.

His girlfriend's terrible secret? That's right; her parents aren't the same color. And it's something she doesn't really seem to like to discuss with too many people, judging by the reactions she gets. Yes, you would think we're past that in today's society, and a biracial girl can get a little respect just for being a human being.

Sadly, it hasn't always worked that way. At school, she suffered endless harassment, and it wasn't just the white kids picking on her, though there were plenty of them. She suffered all kinds of bullying, especially in middle school and high school, by which point people needed some kind of identity, and the beginning of a lifetime of ignorant racism were forged.

The white kids bullied her because she was black. But the black kids bullied her because she was white. Names like "half-breed" were the least of her problems. White students hung nooses in her locker. Black students threatened her life publicly. And no one did anything to stop them.

It's little wonder that Jim is so protective of Tina. He's one of a select people whom Tina told about the life she had in school. It's eased up a lot in college, especially since she's going into a field where black and white don't seem to matter nearly as much as green and...well, more green. Aside from that, Jim and Tina often feel like all they have is each other.

Jim is also in an environment where petty squabbles over things like race, religion, etc. are virtually not tolerated. People can decide, "I don't want to play with people of another race," but they don't last. You don't want to play with that other guy? Fine. Go to another school. Racism is something Jim has very little tolerance for. It gets in the way of the team.

Now come on, guys. My favorite team (the USC Trojans football team) is winning. My other favorite team (Jim and Tina) needs to start doing the same.

Back from commercial.

Jennifer: Nice going. Now you just cost us a cab.

Spike: How the hell did cost us a cab? You picked this damn fight!

Jennifer: Fine, Spike. Let's just start walking.

Spike: F--- you.

Team confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Jennifer: Right when we got to Scotland, six months of pent-up frustration just came out, and we started losing our edge.

Quick cut to Spike and Jennifer arguing; in two different shots, Jeffrey and Bryan pass them, and then Reggie and Dan pass them.

Return to confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Spike: We lost our focus. And then we lost our advantage. It wasn't cool.

Jennifer: No, it wasn't.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, currently in first place, in their taxi.

Bryan: We're looking for Holyrood Abbey.

Driver (in a thick Scottish accent): You do know that's not standing anymore.

Bryan: I know. We need to get there anyway.

(confessional) Bryan: The first taxi driver talked down to me like I was a stupid American. I might not know everything, but I know a little about castles, and I really didn't appreciate that.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan arriving at Holyrood Abbey. Bryan gets out of the cab and opens the clue.

Bryan: Traverse the Royal Mile--

Cut to Phil at Edinburgh Castle at the other end of the Royal Mile.

Phil: Teams must walk the Royal Mile, which is actually a little longer than a conventional mile, from one end to the other, reaching Edinburgh Castle at the other end. At this 500-year-old military garrison that is still active, teams will receive their next clue.

Cut back to Jeffrey and Bryan.

Bryan: We'll just follow the marked path.

Jeffrey: So the stupid teams can catch up. Great.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, currently in second place, arriving at the Route Marker.

Reggie: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Dan: I hope they mean in a golf cart, because I'm too damn old for this s---.

Following behind them are Spike and Jennifer, currently in third place.

Jennifer: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Spike: Great. Ten years of smoking come back to bite me in the ass.

Jennifer: Maybe you should have quit when I told you to.

The next team to arrive is Ray and Jamal, currently in fourth place.

Jamal: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Ray: Would you walk a mile for a Camel?

Jamal: What the hell are you talking about?

Ray: It's before your time.

Jamal: Obviously.

After they arrive, Charlie and Derek show up.

Charlie: Traverse the Royal Mile. What, just a mile? Military drills are worse than this.

Derek: So are hockey drills.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle; the first team to arrive is Jeffrey and Bryan. Bryan opens the clue, which has a yellow Detour envelope inside.

Bryan: Detour. Meat or Potatoes.

Cut to Phil outside a different section of the castle; cars are around him.

Phil: In this Detour, teams must choose between two tasks associated with the cuisine of Scotland. Their choices? Meat and Potatoes.

Cut to an overview of a Scottish restaurant.

Phil (voice-over): In Meat, teams must travel by private car to this restaurant in Livingston, Scotland, about 15 miles outside of Edinburgh. There, they must assemble two orders of haggis, a traditional Scottish dish made from sheep organs, and bring them to boil, at which point, the chef will hand them their next clue. The task is farther away and may take longer to find, but it's straightforward and requires no physical strength.

Cut to an overview of The Baked Potato Shop.

Phil (voice-over): In Potatoes, teams must travel to the Baked Potato Shop, which is within the limits of Edinburgh, take an order for 50 pounds of potatoes, locate a delivery lorry, and carry the potatoes back to the shop in two crates by hand. The manager will hand over the next clue in exchange for the potatoes. The task is easy to find, but teams may have trouble finding the delivery lorry, and it takes a lot of strength.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan deciding.

Jeffrey: I'm not hauling fifty pounds of potatoes.

Bryan: Do you want to do Meat?

Jeffrey: Yeah, I guess. I hate animal guts, though.

Next to arrive at the clue box are Reggie and Dan.

Dan (out of breath): Detour. Meat or Potatoes?

Reggie: I have back problems. Let's do Meat.

Dan: You said it, brother.

Following close behind are Spike and Jennifer.

Jennifer: Meat or Potatoes?

Spike: I love me some meat. Let's do that.

Cut to Holyrood Abbey, where Hayley and Alexis arrive at the clue box.

Hayley: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Alexis: Time to get back in the lead.

Behind them are Leilani and Kea, currently in seventh place.

Leilani: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Kea: Let's show them how we do it in Hawaii.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle, where Ray and Jamal have arrived, with Charlie and Derek close behind.

Ray: Detour. Meat or Potatoes. Like you can have one without the other.

Behind Ray, Charlie opens the clue and pulls out the envelope.

Charlie: Meat or Potatoes? Let's do Potatoes.

Derek: We need carbs.

Charlie: We're carrying them, not eating them.

Derek: Damn.

Cut back to Holyrood Abbey, where Alex and Elena are arriving.

Elena: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Alex: I suppose you know everything about the Royal Mile.

Elena: Drop dead.

Alex: But then we wouldn't finish.

Elena rolls her eyes at Alex as the two continue to race.

Soon after they arrive, Steve and Darius, currently in ninth place, arrive at Holyrood Abbey.

Steve: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Darius: Like, on foot?

Steve: No, Darius; they gave us jet packs. Start walking.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle, where Hayley and Alexis have arrived.

Alexis: Detour. Meat or Potatoes? Let's do Potatoes. We can compete with the boys.

Hayley: They won't know what hit them.

Cut back to Holyrood Abbey, where Tina and Jim, currently in tenth place, arrive.

Tina: Traverse the Royal Mile. How's your knee?

Jim: Better every day.

Tina: Are you just saying that?

Jim: Whatever gets us to the finish faster.

Cut to Leilani and Kea arriving at Edinburgh Castle. Kea opens the Detour envelope.

Kea: Detour. Meat or Potatoes? I think we should do Meat.

Leilani: Is Potatoes like...carrying them?

Kea: Yup.

Leilani: Let's do Meat.

Still at Edinburgh Castle, Alex and Elena have arrived.

Alex: Detour. Meat or Potatoes?

Elena: You pick, smartass.

Alex: Potatoes.

Elena: I wasn't happy with Alex. He wasn't nice, and he wasn't cooperative.

Alex: I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

Elena: Well, you succeeded. Can't you do anything else without trying?

Alex: You mean besides staying awake for too long?

Elena: Yeah, besides that.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle, where Steve and Darius have arrived.

Darius: Detour. Meat or Potatoes.

Steve: I can cook anything. We'll do meat.

Team confessional, Steve and Darius.

Steve: And here I was thinking that we would be cooking some fancy dish or grilling or something, and I find out, we're handling sheep intestines.

Darius: You're the one who picked it, man. Don't look at me. I haven't made a single decision since we left the Falls.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle, where Tina and Jim are arriving. Jim is clutching his knee. Tina opens the envelope.

Tina: Detour. Meat or Potatoes. Potatoes is pretty heavy. Can you handle it?

Jim: Yeah.

Tina: Jim pushes himself a lot harder than anyone. A lot of football players have a mentality that they have to compete; they have to play. Jim's a football player if I ever saw one.

Jim: A little knee pain is no excuse for taking it easy.

Tina: You were shot, Jim.

Jim: I wasn't killed.

Tina: Still.

Jim: I put ice on it at every Pit Stop, and I rest it whenever I can.

Tina: You're going to end up losing that leg at this rate.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline, currently in eleventh place, arriving at Holyrood Abbey.

Bobby: Traverse the Royal Mile. And a better cab driver will be at the other end.

Caroline: For once, I agree.

Still at Holyrood Abbey, Carrie and Dana, currently in last place, arrive.

Carrie: Traverse the Royal Mile.

Dana: I suppose you'd kill me if I didn't know what "traverse" meant.

Carrie: Damn right. I didn't give you an A for nothing.

Cut to the Baked Potato Shop, where Ray and Jamal, currently in first place, are arriving.

Ray receives an order form, and he begins looking for any indication of the right delivery lorry.

The camera zooms in on an insignia that matches one of the delivery lorries; there are rows of them all over the area, and some are not right near the restaurant.

Ray: So I'm not sure what we're looking for.

Ray walks up to a lorry driver and shows him the form; the driver shakes his head, and Ray continues on.

Ray: What I couldn't figure out is that the logo had to match. I could have been there all day looking for that.

Jamal: We damn near were, and it didn't get any easier.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, currently in second place, arriving at the Baked Potato Shop.

Charlie takes the order form and points to the insignia, which is different from the one Ray and Jamal had. He then points to a lorry that has a different insignia, turns away from it, and continues on.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis arriving at the Baked Potato Shop; they receive an order form but are puzzled by it.

Alexis: So wait. They didn't tell me there was searching.

Hayley: You have to match the form with the lorry, whatever that means.

Alexis: "Lorry" is a truck.

Hayley: Well, why don't they just say "truck"?

Alexis: Just help me look.

Cut to Edinburgh Castle, where Bobby and Caroline are arriving at the clue box.

Caroline: Detour. Meat or Potatoes?

Bobby: No more being lazy. Enough screwing around. It's time to take them down.

Caroline: So...Potatoes, then?

Bobby: Sure, why not.

Behind them are Carrie and Dana, currently in last place.

Carrie: Detour. Meat or Potatoes?

Dana: We can keep pace with them. Let's do Potatoes.

Cut to Meat, where Jeffrey and Bryan have arrived at the restaurant.

Chef: Do you know how to make haggis?

Bryan: No.

Chef: You take the sheep's stomach and place all these organs, including the heart, inside. You boil it, and once you have boiled two orders of haggis, you will be allowed to continue.

Bryan: Can we boil them both at the same time?

Chef: Yes.

Behind them, Reggie and Dan arrive. The chef turns his attention to them as Bryan begins to assemble an order of haggis.

Reggie: No.

Team confessional, Reggie and Dan.

Reggie: For me, anything more complicated than a hamburger isn't in my recipe book. We were only here because it was better than carrying potatoes.

Dan: I've been single my whole life and had to cook for myself, but never anything like haggis. It's a little like a gross Thanksgiving turkey.

Cut to Meat, where Bryan has assembled his first order while both Reggie and Dan are working on orders of haggis. Noticeably, Jeffrey has taken a seat and is doing nothing.

Soon to arrive are Spike and Jennifer. The chef turns his attention to Jennifer, seeming to ignore Spike.

Jennifer: No.

(confessional) Spike: I've gotten a lot of rude looks here in Scotland; I think it's just for the way I look. A lot of superficial people just turn their noses up at me. I get it some back home, but never like this.

Cut to Potatoes, where Alex and Elena arrive and grab their order form. Elena studies the form and points right at the insignia; with this, Alex begins browsing the lorries, not yet finding one that matches.

A flash to Charlie and Derek shows that they have spotted their lorry; Derek points toward the one with the matching insignia, and the two run over to it and hand the driver their form.

Driver: Take two crates of potatoes.

Charlie grabs one crate; Derek takes the other. Charlie has to stop and adjust his grip, as his left hand has difficulty with the handles; he carries it from underneath and is quickly tiring.

Charlie: I thought my left hand was healed and that I wouldn't have any trouble with the potatoes, but I did. I just can't get three fingers around the handles and hold on. It just wasn't happening.

Derek: I ended up having to run ahead and carry Dad's in for him.

Cut to Charlie setting his crate down as Derek drops his at the door; Derek grabs Charlie's and carries it the rest of the way.

The manager hands them their next clue; Derek opens it.

Derek: Drive to Newbridge--

Cut to Phil standing outside the New Bridge Inn.

Phil: Teams must now drive themselves to the town of Newbridge, where they will find the New Bridge Inn. Inside this pub are several clues that are hidden, some better than others. Once a team finds a clue, it can continue on.

Cut to Potatoes, where Charlie and Derek are departing and Steve and Darius are arriving, with Tina and Jim close behind. On their way out, Charlie and Derek stop by the U-Turn board.

On the board is Bobby and Caroline's picture front and center; at the bottom right near the words "Courtesy Of" is Jeffrey and Bryan's picture.

Derek: Jackasses.

Cut to Meat, where Leilani and Kea arrive, and Jeffrey and Bryan have their haggis coming to a boil. The chef greets them.

Leilani: No.

Tema confessional, Leilani and Kea.

Leilani: This is our first time off the Hawaiian Islands, and I've never had cable, and somehow, we're expected to know how to make haggis?

Kea: On my income, I'm lucky if I can afford any food sometimes, let alone anything fancy like haggis.

Cut to Bryan's haggis coming to a boil. Jeffrey gets up to join him while the chef hands him the next clue.

Bryan: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Jeffrey and Bryan leave the restaurant, ignoring the U-Turn.

Cut to Potatoes, where Hayley and Alexis have found their lorry and are carrying potatoes. Ray and Jamal, Alex and Elena, Steve and Darius, and Tina and Jim are all still looking for theirs and have had no success so far.

Cut to Meat, where Reggie and Dan have begun boiling their haggis. Spike and Jennifer are almost done assembling theirs, and Leilani and Kea are hard at work on theirs as well.

Cut back to Potatoes, where Hayley and Alexis arrive at the Baked Potato Shop. The manager hands them their next clue. Before opening it, they check the board and notice that they have not been U-Turned. Alexis opens the clue.

Alexis: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Hayley: Too bad for the other teams; they're about to eat our dust again.

Cut to Alex and Elena, who locate their lorry.

Driver: I got two crates of potatoes for you.

Alex: Thanks.

Alex: Elena just noticed off-hand that the logo on the paper was a lot like the ones on the delivery trucks. She really came through.

Elena: And after seeing Alex carry those potatoes, I couldn't be mad at him. I was in a pretty bad mood and took it out on him, but after that, I stopped.

Alex: Thanks, by the way.

Cut to Alex carrying both crates of potatoes; Elena takes one from him for short distances, but she gives it back, slowing Alex down.

At the Baked Potato Shop, they take their next clue and notice that they have not been U-Turned. Elena opens the clue.

Elena: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Cut to Meat, where Reggie and Dan's haggis starts to simmer; after a few seconds, it boils. The chef hands Dan the next clue; they open it after reading the U-Turn board.

Dan: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Reggie: Sure sucks for Colorado getting U-Turned.

Shortly after this, Spike and Jennifer get their haggis to boil; the chef hands Jennifer the clue without looking at Spike.

Spike (under her breath): Assh---.

Jennifer (sternly): Well, next time, dress normally.

Spike: Next time, don't be a bitch.

Jennifer: At least we weren't U-Turned.

Spike: How dumb was that? Bobby and Caroline won't win anything; let's just make sure of it! It's a little like giving sedatives to a turtle to make sure it won't break the speed limit.

Jennifer: Hey, what you do with your pet turtle is your business.

Cut to Potatoes, where Bobby and Caroline have arrived, and Carrie and Dana are close behind. Caroline takes the order form, as does Dana; Carrie studies it closely as Bobby looks around almost aimlessly.

Cut to Tina and Jim, who have found their delivery lorry.

Driver: Here's you two crates of potatoes.

They don't give an obvious response; Jim takes the potatoes and limps with them as Tina holds hers from underneath.

Cut to Ray and Jamal, who appear more frustrated.

Ray: We've been over this place I-don't-know-how-many times, and we found nothing.

Jamal: Well, maybe if you looked with your eyes open--

Ray: Don't pin this on me, Jamal! It's always my damn fault you can't be bothered to do anything! Shut the hell up and go find the damn truck!

Jamal: Go f--- yourself. Give me the form and I'll have it found in ten minutes. Go get a beer or something. It's all you're f------ good for.

Jamal yanks the form out of Ray's hand and turns away from him.

03-24-08, 02:20 PM (EST)
3. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
REPORT: "Race" Contestant Arraigned, Another Arrested

UPI News Service, 09/26/2008

At 9:30 am Friday, September 26, 2008, in a Tampa courthouse, "Amazing Race" contestant Alexis Steel was formally brought up on charges of assault in a case dating from the 14th in which Steel allegedly assaulted her boyfriend.

At 9:30 pm the night before, her "Race" partner, Hayley Masterson, was arrested for the same thing, as an anonymous 911 call led police to her Tampa home, where her live-in boyfriend, Curtis Penn, was taken to the hospital with second-degree burns and severe injuries, including a skull fracture.

Further investigation reveals that both men were assaulted for allegedly being unfaithful to their girlfriends, a charge that they both denied. As she was arrested, Masterson ordered Penn not to say anything to the police "or else."

A conviction against Steel could lead to up to six months in jail; at this point, the Tampa Police Department, her employer, has made an acquittal a condition for keeping her job. Masterson has been fired from her job and is preparing a wrongful termination lawsuit in response; she faces up to a year in jail, as she was previously sentenced to probation for assaulting a female club patron in 2006.

Back from commercial.

Ray: Don't pin this on me, Jamal! It's always my damn fault you can't be bothered to do anything! Shut the hell up and go find the damn truck!

Jamal: Go f--- yourself. Give me the form and I'll have it found in ten minutes. Go get a beer or something. It's all you're f------ good for.

Jamal yanks the form out of Ray's hand and turns away from him. He heads right down a block with a few lorries as Ray looks on.

Jamal: I got really upset at the Detour. Teams were passing us like crazy; we got there first, and we saw other teams leaving ahead of us.

Ray: It's just another case of us not getting along under stress. That's all there is to it.

Cut to Meat, where Leilani and Kea are simmering their haggis. They watch carefully as the haggis boils.

The chef hands them their next clue, and they look at the U-Turn board and continue on.

Kea: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Leilani: Let's go.

Cut to Tina and Jim limping to the Baked Potato Shop; Tina finishes first, and Jim clutches his knee.

The manager hands them their next clue, and Tina opens it as Jim limps to their car.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, have arrived, looking for the clue. There are no clues in plain sight; all are obscured but somewhat visible, often appearing to be other things.

Derek rushes over to an item that has something yellow sticking out of each side; this is a placard with a clue hidden behind it. Derek opens the clue.

Derek: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry--

Cut to the Jubilee Clock Tower in South Queensferry.

Phil: Teams must now drive themselves roughly five miles to the town of South Queensferry, where they will locate the Jubilee Clock Tower. Outside of this tower, they will find their next clue.

Cut to Charlie and Derek.

Charlie: Let's get out of here.

Cut to Potatoes, where Steve and Darius have located their lorry, as have Bobby and Caroline. Both receive crates of potatoes; all four are carrying one crate.

Caroline: Good job, Bobby! You can do this! Maybe you need to get a job as a truck driver or a mover when we're out of here!

Bobby: Yeah, for no pay.

Caroline: Just bring in something, Bobby. Show me you're trying.

Caroline: I really like Bobby's new work ethic. He's showing me why he wanted to come on the Race.

Bobby: I got sick of being near last all the time, and I wanted to prove that I could handle this.

Cut to Steve and Darius arriving at the Baked Potato Shop with their potatoes; on their heels are Bobby and Caroline. Steve and Darius get their next clue; Bobby and Caroline take a look at the U-Turn board, however, and are denied theirs.

Bobby: Son of a bitch!

Caroline: Not cool. Just not cool.

Bobby: We're coming after Jeffrey and Bryan. They're gone.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, currently in second place, arriving at the New Bridge Inn. They walk in and immediately look for a clue.

Bryan studies the room for a moment, rubbing his chin, and quickly notices a clue behind a trophy. He opens it and leaves, opening the clue on the way.

Bryan: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Jeffrey: We're just going all over the place.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, currently in third place, arriving at the New Bridge Inn. Alexis walks in and immediately notices a clue underneath a bar stool cushion. She takes it and leaves, opening it on the way out.

Alexis: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Cut to Potatoes, where Carrie and Dana have located their delivery lorry. Both ladies are carrying crates of potatoes when they pass Jamal, who is still frustrated.

Dana: Any luck?

Jamal: We're in last. We were in first.

Dana: Let me see that sheet.

Dana takes the sheet; she and Carrie study it.

Carrie: Your lorry is right down that way. Look right before the intersection.

Jamal: You're a life-saver.

Team confessional, Carrie and Dana.

Carrie: We decided to help Biloxi out because they helped us, and we want to keep that alliance up. Jamal's a nice kid, and I think he's our ticket to going farther.

Dana: Besides, I noticed Colorado got U-Turned, so I didn't feel like helping them hurt us.

Cut to Carrie and Dana dropping off their potatoes; the manager hands them the clue. Carrie opens it.

Carrie: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Dana: And for God's sake, Carrie, let me drive this time.

Carrie: You got it.

(confessional) Dana: I love Carrie to death, but she's a terrible driver. She tries to improve sometimes, but under pressure, she doesn't think, and she usually drives like an idiot. It's about the only thing she doesn't do well.

Cut to Potatoes, where Jamal has located the delivery lorry; Ray is behind him carrying a crate of potatoes much more slowly than Jamal is.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Reggie and Dan, currently in fourth place, have arrived. Both are looking for a clue, but the easiest clues to find are gone, and nothing appears to be in plain sight.

Behind them are Spike and Jennifer, who arrive shortly behind Reggie and Dan; also coming into the pub are Alex and Elena. None of them have found a clue.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, arriving at the Jubilee Clock Tower. Charlie grabs the clue out of the clue box; noticeably, there are many outrageously old-fashioned yet colorful and formal articles of clothing on hangers and tables around them.

Charlie opens the clue, which has a red Roadblock envelope.

Charlie: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony?

Cut to Phil standing in front of the Clock Tower at a different angle; the outrageous clothes are around him.

Phil: In this Roadblock, teams must participate in a ritual that locals enjoy on New Year's Day. They must dress from head to toe in fancy clothing and jump into the Firth of Forth in a ritual that locals call the "Loony Dook." Floating on a buoy in the Firth are envelopes containing their next clue. Once they have the clue, they can swim back to shore, remove their fancy clothing, dry off, and dress as they came.

Cut to Charlie and Derek.

Charlie: You're the loony one.

Derek (enthusiastically): All right!

Derek immediately tears his shirt off, kicks off his sneakers, and drops his jeans, and he runs hollering and waving his arms in the air in just his boxers to the table to put on some fancy clothing. He picks out a purple tuxedo with a black top hat and shoes.

Charlie (under his breath): Wait till the girls see this.

Pan to Derek, who does a cannonball into the Firth of Forth, causing water to splash everywhere and some to hit Charlie.

Derek kicks his legs to reach the buoy and grab one of the clues hanging off of it. He shouts, whistles, and pumps his fist in excitement. On the shore, Charlie is laughing and slapping his knee.

Derek (laughing): That Roadblock was the most fun I've had in I don't know how long. How often do you get to jump into a lake in fancy clothes?

Charlie: Well, at least when I show this to my new kid, I can say that they have an insane brother and not an insane dad.

Derek: I hope the new baby takes after me.

Charlie (pointing to his hair): How many gray hairs do you want me to have?

Derek: Just shave it off like you did on Survivor.

Charlie: See this patch of gray here? Your damn girlfriend did this to me.

Derek keels over laughing and slapping his thigh.

Cut to the Firth of Forth, where Jeffrey and Bryan have arrived. Derek is out of the water and removing his fancy clothing.

Bryan: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? I got this.

Charlie (to Bryan): Give up now, Ohio. Derek just set the bar really high on being loony.

Bryan says nothing in response as he dresses himself in fancy clothing while Derek dries off. He removes his wet boxers, which leaves him partially blurred out, and continues to dry.

As Derek dries off, Hayley and Alexis arrive, jump out of their car, and grab the clue.

Hayley: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? Go for it.

Alexis heads for the fancy clothes as Hayley wanders over to Charlie; Derek has not yet started dressing yet. Bryan is in the water.

Hayley: Hey...uh, we don't all have to get naked, do we?

Charlie: No, but it helps.

Hayley: Hey, don't go asking for any free shows.

Charlie: Well, Derek's giving you one.

Hayley: Good point.

Hayley focuses her gaze on Derek, who puts his jeans on without his boxers, stuffing them in a pocket.

Charlie: So I see you're not above a free show.

Hayley: It's not my fault your son's hot.

Charlie: I'm not sure how to answer this.

Hayley: Don't answer. Just stand there looking dumb.

Charlie: Well, I can always do that.

Pan to Bryan, who grabs the clue and starts swimming back, celebrating but to a much lesser extent than Derek did. He climbs out of the water as Derek has fully dressed himself and is opening the clue. Charlie runs over to him as he opens it.

Derek (excited): Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop--

Cut to Phil standing in front of Loch Leven Castle on an island in Loch Leven.

Phil: Teams must now travel by Jet Ski to Loch Leven Castle. This centuries-old castle on an island in Loch Leven is the Pit Stop for this leg of the Race. The last team to check in here...may be eliminated.

Cut back to Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, as Bryan sheds his fancy clothes in the background.

Derek: Last team to check in may be eliminated. Let's go!

Derek whoops and hollers on his way to the jet skis while Charlie is much more subdued. Meanwhile, Bryan has donned his sneakers and is opening the clue with wet clothes, as he did not disrobe before performing the Roadblock.

Bryan: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Jeffrey: Good. I'm not letting you in the car with those wet clothes.

Pan to Alexis grabbing her clue and swimming ashore; she has on a man's tuxedo and top hat.

She reaches shore and immediately sheds them; like Bryan, she did not disrobe before dressing. She and Hayley cheer loudly and exchange high-fives; Alexis is still soaked and refrained from drying.

Hayley grabs the clue and opens it.

Hayley: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Alexis: Just making sure I don't have all the fun.

Hayley: Hey, I got a pretty good show.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Reggie and Dan, Alex and Elena, and Spike and Jennifer are still looking for a clue.

At this time, Leilani and Kea arrive and begin searching.

Behind them are Tina and Jim, who also begin their search.

Reggie (under his breath): I can't find a damn thing.

Reggie knocks over a tray, which makes a loud noise; as he leans down to pick it up, he turns it over and notices that there is a clue taped underneath it. He rips it off the tape and taps his forehead with the heel of his hand.

Reggie: Dan! I got it!

Dan reunites with Reggie, and the two leave the pub. Reggie opens the clue.

Reggie: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Dan: And no more damn searching.

Elena looks over at a row of beer glasses that appear to have a colorful bottom. She lifts up a glass.

Underneath is part of a clue envelope.

Elena lifts up the glasses and takes the clue; Alex is close behind as she opens the clue.

Elena: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Elena: We were at that pub for what felt like forever looking for clues. Most people just stood there scratching their heads and finding nothing. When I saw those glasses, I got suspicious.

Alex: As usual, she came through.

Cut to Loch Leven, where Charlie and Derek are just ahead of a catching-up Jeffrey and Bryan. Derek is whooping and hollering, having removed his shirt and started waving it in the air like a towel. Jeffrey, however, gives a dead-serious expression, wincing at the water that is hitting her in the face.

Charlie and Derek dock at the castle at about the same time as Jeffrey and Bryan; Bryan grabs Jeffrey by the wrist and starts running.

Jeffrey (angrily): Don't touch me. You're wet.

Bryan: Shut up and start running.

Cut to the Pit Stop mat, where Phil is standing with a Scotsman wearing a kilt.

First to arrive at the mat is Jeffrey and Bryan, who take their spots on the mat.

Greeter: Welcome to Loch Leven.

Bryan: Thank you.

Phil: Jeffrey and Bryan...

Phil raises his left eyebrow.

Phil...you're team number ONE!

Bryan pumps both fists and does a celebration dance; Jeffrey stands and stares at Phil, not cracking a smile.

Phil: Now I have some good news. As the winners of this leg of the Race, you have won seven nights at any Marriott hotel in the United States or Canada.

Bryan: Now we just need to win some airline miles.

Soon after them are Charlie and Derek; Derek has put his shirt back on but is still wearing an ear-to-ear grin.

Phil: Charlie and Derek...you're team number two!

Charlie and Derek exchange a double-high-five and flying chest bump, which knocks Charlie back.

Phil: Derek, you look like you couldn't be happier to be here.

Derek: Another leg, another top finish.

Bryan: Hey, any chance of you singing the Buckeye fight song?

Derek: You should have taken that up with me at the start of the leg.

Jeffrey and Bryan have departed, and Charlie and Derek are on their way out, as Hayley and Alexis run to the Pit Stop.

Phil: Hayley and Alexis...you're team number three!

The two exchange a hard high-five and excited cheers.

Phil: You just came within a couple of minutes of beating one of the toughest teams this show has ever seen again. Do you think you can overtake them?

Alexis: Derek might have a great body, but he's no match for us.

Phil: So is there a little bit of attraction here?

Hayley: OK, I'll say it. Derek's a very handsome guy with a nice personality.

Alexis (scolding): And a nice girlfriend to go with that body.

Hayley: Well, tell him to lose the zero and come to the hero.

Alexis rolls her eyes.

Team confessional, Hayley and Alexis.

Alexis: I was a little upset by Hayley saying she was attracted to Derek. We're here to win a race, not get a boyfriend, and besides, she's spoken for and so is Derek.

Hayley: I was joking, Alexis. Sheesh, lighten up. I said it at the Pit Stop. Do you ever take your game face off?

Cut to the Jubilee Clock Tower, where Reggie and Dan have arrived. Dan opens the clue.

Dan: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? I got it.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Spike and Jennifer, Leilani and Kea, and Tina and Jim are still looking for clues. All three teams have split up to look for the clue.

Showing up near each other are Steve and Darius, Carrie and Dana, and Ray and Jamal.

Spike casually runs her hand along the underside of the bar counter, and suddenly, she gets a startled look on her face.

Within a couple of seconds, she pulls a clue envelope from underneath.

Spike (to herself): Four years of working in a bar and I didn't think of this.

Jennifer joins Spike, and the two take the clue and head out.

Jennifer: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Cut to Meat, where Bobby and Caroline have arrived, clearly upset. The chef greets them on their way in.

Caroline: No.

Bobby: We got lost on the way to the haggis place, and we wouldn't have been in this predicament if those jerks from Columbus hadn't U-Turned us.

Caroline: At this point, we're crossing our fingers that someone did worse than us.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where five teams are still looking for clues.

Tina looks up at a large clock and reaches her hand underneath.

At first, she appears to come up with nothing, but she reaches in again and grabs an envelope. She peers around the pub for Jim and walks over to him.

Tina: I found it. Let's get out of here.

Tina opens the clue.

Tina: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry. Hey, is your knee OK?

Jim: It's fine.

Cut to the Jubilee Clock Tower, where Alex and Elena have arrived. Alex opens the clue.

Alex: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? I got it.

While Alex heads for the fancy clothing, Dan is in the water and has reached the buoy. Alex jumps in as Dan wades out; Dan has put on a long, green dress and is carrying a cane.

Elena (to Dan): Hey, what's with the dress?

Reggie: They don't call us the Hogettes for nothing.

Elena: The what?

Reggie: Stay in the Race and I'll tell you at the Pit Stop.

Reggie: It turns out that both members of Tennessee were born overseas, so they don't really know football, let alone what a Hogette is.

Dan: So the look on their faces when I came out of the water in a dress was pretty good.

Cut to Dan out of his fancy clothing and carrying the clue; he opens it.

Dan: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Reggie: Well, I guess we'll have to explain what the hell a Hogette is now.

Reggie: A Hogette is a Washington Redskins fan who shows up to the games in dresses and pig snouts. We're all men, and we all love the Redskins.

Dan: We do a lot of charity functions too, so even with all the harassment we get from other teams' fans, it's still more than worth it.

Pan to Alex emerging from the water in a green tuxedo with a frilly white shirt. He sheds the tuxedo and dries off, revealing that he shed all but his underwear before dressing up.

He hands Elena the clue as he gets dressed again.

Elena: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Alex: And follow that man in drag.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where four teams are still looking for clues.

Steve is looking under bar objects; Darius has headed for a bathroom.

Darius (to himself): We've been here for f------ forever. What the hell?

Behind him, Dana picks up a garbage can and finds a clue.

Dana: Carrie! Over here!

Carrie turns her head and walks toward Dana, who opens the clue.

Dana: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Carrie and Dana leave; Darius puts his head in his hands in anger.

Darius: Where the f--- is my clue?

Darius smacks his open hand on the wall.

03-24-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
4. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 3 - "Like We Need Any More Reason To Hate Each Other""
Blog Entry, 9/25/2008
Authored by: Natasha Gordeeva, russianprincess

I'm still in stitches over the end to this episode. For those of you who haven't seen it, go back and watch it. And for those of you who have...well, if you didn't find it as funny as I did, then I don't get you.

I can make the following conclusions about Spike and Jennifer - for starters, I don't know why the hell they were even together. There's no way in hell Jennifer's gay. She likes Derek? Well, OK, everyone likes Derek. Hayley likes Derek, and I didn't think that woman had a sex drive or a sense of humor.

But the interaction below between Spike and Dana is just insane. For one thing, even with the blurs, we've all seen more of Spike than we need to. Yes, maybe she gets with all kinds of girls based on her personality, charm, and punk rock looks, but the buzz cut and nose rings are a little too much for me.

Dana and I called Carrie and laughed about it for about an hour the night it aired, and while I could tell Carrie was having a good time, something was missing about her. I couldn't tell what. Then, in the other room, Rex drops a pan, and Carrie dropped the phone and panicked. Rex rushed in and called 911, and here we were for 15 minutes wondering what the hell happened. Carrie's never had a panic attack in her life.

The good news is that she's fine now. I just hope she stays that way.

Back from commercial.

Darius: Where the f--- is my clue?

Darius smacks his open hand on the wall.

As he does, the wall vibrates, and to Darius' left, an envelope falls to the floor. It makes a sound as if a whip is cracking. Darius' head turns as he sees the clue that fell on the floor.

He scrambles to pick it up, tripping over his own feet; Steve has walked over to him, noticing the commotion. He grabs the clue and opens it.

Steve: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Darius: Maybe I can shake a beer out of that wall, too.

Pan back inside, where Ray and Jamal are arguing about the location of a clue.

Ray: I've looked everywhere. This is taking forever.

Jamal: I'm out of ideas. Why don't you just pound the wall like Rooster-boy did?

Ray: That's a f------ great idea. Maybe then I'll go dig in that jar of pickled eggs!

Jamal: Well, maybe I should do just that!

Jamal opens the jar of pickled eggs and reaches his hand in as Ray sternly looks on. About ten seconds later, he slowly comes up with an envelope in a plastic protective seal.

Ray stands with his jaw agape as Jamal removes the clue from the seal and opens it.

Jamal: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry. I suppose you want me to drive.

Ray still stands in astonishment.

Jamal: Ray? Ray, you in there?

Jamal waves his hand in front of Ray.

Jamal: Ray and I are both really bad at searching for things, so when I pulled that clue out of the pickled eggs, I don't think he knew what to do with himself.

Ray: I almost passed out. Here we were, trying to get a clue in a pub, and there aren't any to be found, and lo and behold, Jamal yanks one out of nowhere. We looked all this time, and Jamal finds it because I make a half-cocked comment.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Leilani and Kea are the only ones looking for a clue.

Leilani looks around the room, eventually turning her focus to the ceiling. Noticeably, in one of the light fixtures, there is a rectangular chunk missing from the light distributed.

Leilani: Kea! It's up here!

Kea: How do we get it down?

Leilani: I don't know!

Team confessional, Leilani and Kea.

Leilani: They had the bright idea to hide the clue up there in a light fixture. I'm not a tall person, so I don't know of any way I can reach it, even with a pool stick.

Kea: So we got an idea to stand on a bar stool.

Cut to Leilani climbing on a bar stool; the stool is fairly stable, and Kea is holding it, as she is holding Leilani's ankle.

Leilani reaches up over the edge of the glass underneath the lights and pushes the clue to the floor carefully.

She jumps down, landing on her feet, and grabs the clue, which is within reach. Kea takes it and opens it.

Kea: Drive yourselves to South Queensferry.

Cut to Meat, where Bobby and Caroline have assembled their haggis and placed it in water; it is beginning to heat up.

Caroline: We'll stay out of last with this, and then we'll make those jerks pay. We'll win the next leg.

Bobby: Come on; just boil already.

Caroline: A watched pot never boils.

Bobby: What if it has haggis in it?

Caroline: Then I don't know about that.

The pot begins to boil, and the chef hands Bobby the next clue, which he opens.

Bobby: Drive yourselves to Newbridge.

Caroline: About time.

Cut to the Jubilee Clock Tower, where Spike and Jennifer are arriving. Jennifer opens the clue.

Jennifer: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? That's you all the way.

(confessional) Jennifer: I'm a pretty serious person for the most part, but seeing Spike in fancy medieval clothing was pretty funny. Here you have a girl who has a buzz cut, piercings, and tattoos, and she has on a big, poofy dress, and it just doesn't fit her.

Cut to Spike unhooking the clue from the buoy; she seems to struggle a bit in the water, splashing it in her face a lot, but she gets out of the Firth of Forth reasonably well.

Jennifer (under her breath): Oh right; she can't swim.

(confessional) Spike: I thought I was going to die out there. I have this big, heavy dress weighing me down, and I haven't worn a dress since I was 13 anyway, and besides that, I can't swim. But I had to do it, so I just bucked up and tried my hardest.

Cut to Spike emerging from the water; immediately, she sheds her dress and removes her shoes, revealing that she completely disrobed before diving in.

At this time, Tina and Jim arrive at the Clock Tower; Carrie and Dana are close behind and get out of their car while Spike is getting dressed.

Dana: I hope you don't mind if I watch.

Spike: Eat your heart out, gorgeous.

Jennifer rolls her eyes and sighs as Spike winks at Dana.

Spike: What? If you can check out Derek, I can flirt with Dana.

Team confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Spike: I was just having fun flirting with Dana at the Roadblock. It was just a little harmless joy, and Jennifer decided to be a buzz kill.

Jennifer: We're here to work on our relationship, and here you are flirting with a straight girl.

Spike: OK Jen, go back to the shop and have your gaydar retooled.

Cut to Tina and Carrie opening their clues.

Tina: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? You better do it.

Carrie: Who's feeling loony? Well, Dana's distracted, so I'll do it. (shouting) Hey, do we have to get naked?

Spike: No, but I'd love it if you did!

(confessional) Spike: I can see why Ray and Jamal keep those two around. I'm enjoying the eye candy and mindless fun, too.

Cut to Spike finally putting on her tank top; Jennifer drags her away while Spike holds an opened clue.

Jennifer: Come on now; we have a race to run. The bimbos will be there at the Pit Stop. You can show them all your piercings and tattoos there.

Spike (shouting): Come naked and bring candy!

Cut to Carrie in the water in a frilly red dress; as she swims back with the clue, she slaps the water in uncontrollable laughter. Dana is bent over grabbing her knees and is laughing as well.

Soon, Jim and Carrie both get out of the water and drop their fancy clothing; Jim did not undress before putting on his clothing, and he does not dry off before opening the clue. Carrie, however, was in her underwear and dried off quickly.

Carrie (under her breath): Glad I didn't do my hair this morning.

Tina and Jim open their clue first.

Jim: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Reggie and Dan are arriving.

Phil: Reggie and Dan...you're team number four!

Reggie and Dan exchange a double-fist-pound and snort like pigs.

Behind them, Alex and Elena run up out of breath.

Phil: Alex and Elena...you're team number five!

Alex and Elena embrace as they grab their breath.

Elena: So you owe us an explanation, guys. What is a Hogette?

Reggie starts talking to Elena as they walk back; Phil grins as he raises both eyebrows.

Cut to the Jubilee Clock Tower, where Steve and Darius have arrived. Steve opens the clue.

Steve: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? That's me all the way.

Steve goes and looks for fancy clothing; as he finishes getting dressed, Ray and Jamal arrive. Ray opens the clue.

Ray: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? You are.

Before long, Leilani and Kea arrive. Leilani opens the clue.

Leilani: Roadblock. Who's feeling loony? I'll let you do it.

Cut to the New Bridge Inn, where Bobby and Caroline are looking everywhere for a clue.

Bobby: They're all picked over.

Caroline: We're just not looking hard enough.

A few minutes later, Bobby is looking under the bar where Spike found her clue. He comes up with nothing.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Spike and Jennifer are arriving. Spike's hair is still wet, and her dye, a flaming red, is running.

Phil: Spike and Jennifer...you're team number six!

Spike and Jennifer exchange an enthusiastic high-five as they breathe a relieved sigh.

Phil: Spike, your hair dye is all over the place.

Spike: I know. I need to change colors. How do you feel about purple?

Phil: I like it.

Cut to the Firth of Forth, where Steve has retrieved a clue and is near the shore; Jamal is heading out, and Kea, dressed in a man's light blue tuxedo and top hat, is also swimming out behind Jamal.

Steve comes to shore and sheds his fancy clothing; he dries off, having stripped to his underwear, and hands the clue to Darius to open.

Darius: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Steve: Can I get dressed first?

Darius: I don't care. Run the whole damn race in your underwear if we win.

Jamal wades out of the water with his clue; behind him is Kea, who is having less trouble with the water than Jamal. Kea, however, sheds her clothing as she walks, and, having not disrobed before the task, she simply dries her face and heads over to Leilani, opening the clue.

Kea: Travel by Jet Ski to the Pit Stop.

Leilani: At least we're not in last.

Kea: It doesn't matter; Ohio U-Turned Colorado.

Leilani: One team of jerks U-Turns another.

Cut to the Pit Stop; at this point, Tina and Jim are arriving.

Phil: Tina and Jim...you're team number seven!

Jim stands dripping while Tina gives no reaction.

After a few minutes, Carrie and Dana arrive.

Phil: Carrie and Dana...you're team number eight!

The two exchange a double-high-five and quickly embrace while squealing.

Cut to Loch Leven, where Steve and Darius are riding a jet ski about 500 yards from the island where Loch Leven Castle is located. Darius is cheering and shouting, appearing to have a good time for the first time on the Race.

Cut to Phil waiting on a team to arrive; Steve and Darius show up.

Phil (softly): Steve and Darius...

He pauses.

Phil: ...you're team number nine!

Steve embraces Darius, who accepts it but falls back a bit, needing a chance to catch his balance.

Minutes later, another team shows up; Leilani and Kea arrive just before Ray and Jamal.

Phil (solemnly): Leilani and Kea...

He pauses and droops his eyebrows.

Phil: ...you're team number ten! Ray and Jamal, come on up here.

Ray and Jamal take their places.

Phil: Ray and Jamal...you're team number eleven!

Leilani and Kea celebrate by jumping joyously; Ray and Jamal simply pound fists.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline still at the New Bridge Inn; they have yet to find a clue.

Bobby walks up to the bartender.

Bobby: Hey, we've looked over every inch of this place, and there's no clue. What gives?

Bartender (in a Scottish accent): Glad you noticed.

The bartender reaches under the bar and hands them a clue.

Bartender: You're the last team. All you have to do is ask for your clue.

Bobby grabs his face and pulls down in frustration.

Bobby: We must have spent all day in that pub, and all we had to do was ask the bartender for a clue. I wanted to throw something.

Caroline: I knew we were way out in last, but I was crossing my fingers that it was non-elimination, even though there was no way.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline arriving at the Jubilee Clock Tower. Bobby opens the clue.

Bobby: Roadblock. I'll do it.

Bobby dons some fancy clothing, a pink tuxedo left untouched by previous teams, and dives in without undressing. He grabs the clue fairly quickly and returns to shore and leaves the tuxedo behind, crumpled up on the ground.

Caroline grabs the clue and reads it.

Caroline: Travel by Jet Ski to the next Pit Stop.

Bobby: Well, at least we get to do something fun.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline on Loch Leven traveling to Loch Leven Castle; they dock and run up to the castle, where Phil is waiting.

Greeter: Welcome to Loch Leven.

Bobby and Caroline: Thank you.

Phil: Bobby and Caroline...you are the last team to arrive.

Bobby: We know.

Both Bobby and Caroline hang their heads.

Phil: I'm...pleased to tell you, however, that this is a non-elimination leg, and the two of you are still alive. This is one of three pre-determined non-elimination points.

Bobby: And I was waiting for Phil to say, "But you have to eat a live snake at the Roadblock" or something to punish us for being last, but nothing came.

Caroline: It was like being given a reprieve and then nothing. No penalty. We were home free.

Cut to the Pit Stop.

Phil: I should remind you that you are behind the other teams by over four hours and are off the lead by over five hours. You have a lot of catching up to do.

Caroline: We know. We're ready for it. We didn't come here to give up.

Bobby: I'm done being lazy. I did a Roadblock, and it felt good. I'll do another.

Cut to the closing credits and a shot of the show's insignia.

Phil (voice-over): Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

Blog Entry, 09/25/2008
Authored by: Phil Keoghan

Yes, yes, throw a shoe at us for a non-elimination on the third leg. You want to see blood at this point, but we don't always get what we want. Besides, there will be plenty of blood.

I'll give this much away - we didn't know there was going to be a virtual blood feud between Tina and Jeffrey. During the interviewing process, Jeffrey barely said anything, and we chose the team for Bryan, for the most part. I had a feeling that this team was a one-person operation, as if Jeffrey was going on the Race to shut her husband up. We expected her to hang back and be quiet. We never imagined she would ruffle feathers.

As a rule, we try to avoid casting people with ethnic prejudices. We're not out to send Americans to offend locals; the last thing we need is for America's reputation, as well as the reputation of the show, to be damaged. So at the risk of giving away secrets, I'll say this - had we known this about Jeffrey, Bryan would have been asked to pick another partner or would have been disqualified from the process.

But we didn't know. There was a lot that we didn't know about the contestants this season. We try to know everything going in, but we don't always get the full story. A lot came out that we didn't expect.

It took something major to bring this out, though - something that has never happened on the Amazing Race or any other reality show. The fallout from this even was dramatic and shaped the rest of the Race. It's the kind of thing that's unlikely to happen on some of the mainstream reality shows.

That's all I have for what the event actually is. But rest assured, people will talk about it for a long time to come.

Back from commercial.

Phil (voice-over): On the next episode of the Amazing Race...the Roadblock is another tough one.

Cut to two teams of rugby players practicing.

Phil (voice-over): Darius turns over a new leaf.

Darius (shouting vociferously): All right! We got this! Let's go baby!

Phil (voice-over): And Bobby and Caroline learn the price of their last-place reprieve.

Cut to a shot of a Toll Booth, which has a red sign with Bobby and Caroline's picture; the text "TOLL BOOTH" is across the top in caps in black and yellow.

Voice-over: Stay tuned for an all-new CSI: Miami coming up next.

Order of finish:

1. Jeffrey and Bryan, 2:04 pm
2. Charlie and Derek, 2:05 pm
3. Hayley and Alexis, 2:09 pm
4. Reggie and Dan, 2:25 pm
5. Alex and Elena, 2:26 pm
6. Spike and Jennifer, 2:31 pm
7. Tina and Jim, 2:39 pm
8. Carrie and Dana, 2:40 pm
9. Steve and Darius, 3:01 pm
10. Leilani and Kea, 3:08 pm
11. Ray and Jamal, 3:09 pm
12. Bobby and Caroline, 7:18 pm

Bobby and Caroline are spared elimination but forced to go through a Toll Booth in the next leg.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •