The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-10-08, 08:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
INTERVIEW: The Amazing Race's Debra and Bob Newman talk

Married couple Debra and Bob Newman went in with a background in cycling, a sport where one mistake can be costly. However, one big mistake proved to be the downfall of the first team eliminated from "The Amazing Race: Expedition."

As a result, Debra, 55, and Bob, 56, who own a bicycle shop together in Athens, GA, were almost two-and-a-half hours behind the other teams when they checked into the Pit Stop at Port Lockroy in Chilean Antarctica, becoming the first team to exit the Race.

On Thursday, Debra and Bob spoke with Reality TV World about their experience on the Amazing Race, how they thought they would get ahead had they stayed longer, why they switched Detour options, and what it was like at Elimination Station.

Reality TV World: How were you cast for The Amazing Race: Expedition? Did the producers say anything about how this season would be different?
Bob: We were, of course, the token old couple, but the producers figured they had a team they liked. We were an older team that could compete. They saw a lot of parallels to some previous older teams.
Debra: We were still in good shape, still competitive, and they saw us as still being able to hack it.
Bob: To answer your question, we sent in a tape like everyone else...well, almost.

RTVW: So wait a minute. Not everyone sent in tapes or applied?
Debra: Well, of course not. The two familiar teams were recruited, and I found out later that there were two other teams who didn't apply.
Bob: No one would admit to it, though.

RTVW: How did you guys prepare for the show?
Bob: We tried to improve or physical stamina and see how long we could go without sleeping.
Debra: We worked out, rode our bikes, and we studied some cultural hot spots and some places we thought we might be visiting.
Bob: We also watched as many old episodes of the Amazing Race as we could find.

RTVW: Was there any indication that the premiere leg was just practice? Did everything look real?
Debra: No, there was nothing. We thought for sure there would be someone going home at the end of that leg.
Bob: We should have thought to ourselves, "You know, this is really weird that we're staying in North America like this. Something's up." But we didn't. We just thought about getting to the Pit Stop first.

RTVW: What was the overall reaction when the two new teams entered the Race in San Juan? I know you were both fans of Eric and Jessica; was there a lot of that going around?
Bob: We thought it was cool to see Eric and Jessica, but when Charlie and Derek walked out of the SUV, I knew we were all pretty much in trouble.
Debra: Derek is huge. He's ripped, he's fast, and he's a really tough guy. I was just glad we weren't on his bad side.
Bob: I think a lot of the frustration at seeing Charlie and Derek was more a matter of, "Well, there goes our hopes of winning" as much as it was about the fact that Charlie was on Survivor.

RTVW: So most teams did or didn't get along with Charlie and Derek?
Debra: Well, it was pretty obvious Derek and Bryan didn't like each other. They try to keep it friendly, but there's a lot of animosity between them. Other than that, Charlie's a really friendly guy, and Derek would give the shirt off his back to someone he likes.
Bob: But he'll cut your throat in a second if he doesn't. That's the thing about a guy like Derek; the only way to beat him is to get on his good side.

RTVW: Tell us about the Detour in Punta Arenas. What made you decided to switch options?
Debra: I couldn't concentrate, and I was getting really upset with not being able to shoot. I might have gotten off a lucky shot if I could focus, but I just lost my patience, and Bob encouraged me to agree to switch because the other option didn't require steady hands.

RTVW: Was that really where you lost the game?
Bob: Yes and no. Had we stayed out of last place and hung with the middle of the pack, we could have stayed in it. But I don't do well with the cold, and I wasn't as good at staying up for long periods of time as I thought I was. Aside from that, Debra gets on me for being a slowpoke whenever I drive, and I did the same with the boat. If Debra had done the Roadblock, we would have been more successful.

RTVW: That was an interesting Roadblock, the one where you had to drive the Naval boat. Was there ever the possibility to quit?
Debra: The rule there was that allowing the other person to drive constituted quitting the Roadblock, and we faced a four-hour penalty at the Pit Stop if we did that. We didn't want to be the only team to quit, so Bob just hung in there.

RTVW: How long did that task really take?
Bob: For me, it took in the neighborhood of 15-16 hours. I didn't sleep, and I was delirious by the time we got to Port Lockroy.
Debra: They let us get to the villa before giving our closing interviews. Bob slept the whole way there.

RTVW: Were you surprised that you were the last team?
Bob: At the Pit Stop, we knew we were last. From about the Detour forward, we knew we were last. Going into the leg, we were sure we wouldn't be last, but we also had no idea how difficult it would be.
Debra: We might have been able to survive a conventional leg of the Race. But when there's that much involved, our age and our shortcomings really caught up with us.

RTVW: What was it like at the villa?
Debra: The villa was paradise. At first, we just wanted to rest, but when we woke up, we realized we could do whatever we wanted except change our fate in the Race, so we decided to have a little fun.
Bob: We had the house to ourselves for a while, and we acted like a couple of teenagers who got their parents' place for the weekend.
Debra: We ate cookies for dinner, we did cannonballs in the pool, and we did the most ridiculous dances we could think of.
Bob: A lot of people get that kind of liberation when they have kids who leave home. Debra and I don't have any kids, but it still felt good to go a little crazy despite not knowing the feeling.

RTVW: Do you think competing on the Amazing Race strengthened your relationship?
Debra: We have a fantastic relationship, but there's always room for improvement, and I think being together like this was good for us. We work together, and we spend a lot of high-stress time together, so this aspect of the Amazing Race wasn't new to us at all.

RTVW: So what's next from here? Back to the bike shop?
Bob: Even if we won the whole thing, we planned on going right back to work. We might have gone for some kind of new ad campaign or bought a bigger place, but we love what we do, and no amount of money can change us from being the bike shop owners in a nice college town.

The Amazing Race: Expedition Popularity

As of 9/16/2008, according to the CBS.com poll. Fans rated each team on a scale from 0-10, with the numbers translated into percentages (e.g. a 100% popularity rating would come from receiving all 10 votes; a 0% rating would stem from 0 votes across the board.)

The results were as follows:

Alex and Elena: 67%
Bobby and Caroline: 6%
Carrie and Dana: 61%
Charlie and Derek: 86%
Eric and Jessica: 68%
Hayley and Alexis: 41%
Jeffrey and Bryan: 14%
Leilani and Kea: 56%
Ray and Jamal: 48%
Reggie and Dan: 73%
Spike and Jennifer: 64%
Steve and Darius: 37%
Tina and Jim: 51%

Debra and Bob (1st eliminated): 39%

From looking at the CBS.com message boards, most of the hatred toward Bobby and Caroline, easily the lowest-rated team, is directed at Bobby, seen as lazy, shiftless, and incompetent.

The two most popular teams are the familiar faces, with Charlie and Derek overwhelmingly popular at 86%. It's only not higher because many fans are upset at how overexposed they are.

The Show Begins - air date 9/17/2008

The introductory shot is of the Plaza Quinto Centenario in San Juan, Puerto Rico. In the first zoom shot, the plaza appears empty, with the fountain operational. It zooms in on the area, the official starting line for the Amazing Race.

Phil (voice-over): Previously on the Amazing Race...fourteen teams of two set out from San Juan, Puerto Rico, the official starting place, and traveled to Punta Arenas, Chile.

(confessional) Elena: It's kind of the same thing going on in Alaska, where they have the Midnight Sun. It's warm in Alaska now, but the flip side is that, at the other end of the world, it's really dark and really cold. We'll probably freeze half to death.

Phil (voice-over): Teams all departed on the same flight, but after they arrived, Ray and Jamal separated themselves from the pack.

Team confessional, Ray and Jamal.

Ray: On the flight from Puerto Montt to Punta Arenas, I talked to someone who was familiar with the area, and he sent us right to the statue of Magellan that we needed to go to.

Phil (voice-over): While Charlie and Derek made a risky move that landed them in last place.

Derek: I could have sworn this was a shortcut.

Charlie: I'm sure it was. Did anyone tell you there was road construction?

Phil (voice-over): At the Detour, Ray and Jamal maintained their lead.

Cut to Ray's second target hit.

Phil (voice-over): While Charlie and Derek caught up.

Cut to Charlie hitting the second target.

Phil (voice-over): And other teams fell behind.

Kea: Other teams had locks undone, and we tried what felt like every key there was and couldn't get anything open.

Leilani: I think we had half our keys picked over before we even came across our first good one.

Phil (voice-over): Desperate, Debra and Bob switched from Blast Out to Break Out.

Debra: Forget it. Let's switch.

A frustrated Debra and Bob walk away from the targets.

Phil (voice-over): At the Roadblock, Ray couldn't keep up.

Ray: I bet other teams are getting pretty tired, too. Let me pull off here and take a nap. Wake me up in half an hour, will you?

Phil (voice-over): And the boat race became a showdown between Charlie and Bryan.

Bryan: And now, Michigan, I'll pass you guys.

Bryan increases speed on his boat; he appears to pass Charlie and Derek.

Bryan: Brush up on the Ohio State first song, losers--

Phil (voice-over): However, Bryan made a costly mistake in going too fast, and he spun out.

Bryan: Wait, what's going on?

The boat gets out of his control, and he spins out in the water, facing 165 degrees away from his original direction.

Phil (voice-over): As a result, Charlie and Derek came from last place to win the first leg of the Amazing Race.

Phil (to Charlie and Derek): You're team number ONE!

Phil (voice-over): Jeffrey and Bryan arrived second, but as part of a wager Bryan made with Derek, he had to sing the University of Michigan fight song.

Bryan (singing): Hail, to the victors, valiant,
Hail, to the conquering heroes,
Hail, hail, to Michigan,
The champions of the Weeeeeest.

Derek applauds and hollers; Charlie claps respectfully, as does Jennifer. Spike is keeled over laughing uncontrollably.

Phil (voice-over): Carrie was in a dead heat with Caroline for what they thought was the last spot.

Team confessional, Carrie and Dana.

Carrie: We spent a lot of the Roadblock alongside Bobby and Caroline; we passed them, and they passed us, and we were pretty sure whoever finished last between us was out.

Dana: I thought of everything I could do to motivate Carrie.

Phil (voice-over): However, Bobby's laziness cost his team some valuable time, and Caroline was upset.

Caroline: Wake up, Bobby; we're here. Get dressed.

Bobby is slow to awaken; he clearly is disinclined to get up.

Caroline: Get bundled up before you freeze, Bobby.

Bobby: Wait, where are we?

Caroline: We're in Antarctica, and it's cold and dark out. Get a move on.

Behind them, a bundled-up Carrie and Dana emerge from their boat and immediately begin paddling their kayak.

Caroline (shouting): Look at that. Stanford just passed us. All because you can't get moving when I tell you to. Do you want to stay in the Race, Bobby? Do you want to win so I don't yell at you about getting a job?

Bobby: Well, yeah--

Caroline (furious): Then f------ do what I say!

Phil (voice-over): And although Bobby and Caroline were spared elimination, Caroline had some harsh words for her teammate.

Caroline: Next time, work with me a little bit, and we might finish higher.

Bobby: Next time, get the f--- off my back.

Caroline: Don't talk to me like that.

Bobby: You talk to me like that all the time.

Caroline: I'm allowed to.

Phil (voice-over): The mistake at the Detour left Debra and Bob in the dust, and they were the last to arrive.

Phil (to Debra and Bob): I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Phil (voice-over): Thirteen teams remain. Who will be eliminated next?

The opening credits begin to roll. At first, a Mercator projection of the world in black, green, and yellow, with the Amazing Race logo superimposed over it cuts to a vite of an airplane flying above a layer of clouds. The phrase "14 teams of 2" appears on screen. The first team shown on screen is Leilani and Kea against an island backdrop. The credits continue to Carrie and Dana outside a college building, Hayley and Alexis in front of a row of prison cells, Reggie and Dan outside FedEx Field, Bobby and Caroline in front of their Colorado home, Ray and Jamal in front of a panoramic shot of the Gulf of Mexico, Tina and Jim on a football field sideline with a medical pod in the backdrop, Debra and Bob on a hilly road with their bikes, Alex and Elena on a college green, Jeffrey and Bryan in front of a construction site, Spike and Jennifer outside Seattle's City Hall, and Steve and Darius on a chicken ranch. In this ending, Eric and Jessica appear outside Jessica's home in Kansas, and Charlie and Derek appear on a hockey rink.

The screen cuts to commercial.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-10-08 1
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-10-08 2
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-10-08 3
 The Amazing Race: Expedition Episod... Colonel Zoidberg 03-10-08 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-10-08, 08:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
Blog entry, 09/11/2008
Authored by: Angie Carmichael, bulldogclassof09

Yes, if you're like me, you're a life-long Georgian, your hometown team just got eliminated from the Amazing Race, you have to face them at work today, and you're pretty bummed. I was hoping they could at least make a showing of it. First out of the Race has to sting.

But when I went in, they were both really cool about it. They just laughed about how they got the chance to go to Antarctica, and very few people get to do that. Bob even laughed about the chance to steer a Navy boat, and Debra chalked it up to Bob just loving to play with fancy toys.

I will say this much - we're busier. People who had never even ridden a bike are stopping in to look around, with a couple even offering condolences for the Race results. Um, hello? They lost a reality show. No one died. Sure, it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and they took it and were glad they did. They're not upset, disappointed, or bitter. They're not exactly booking a hotel in Antarctica, but they had fun.

They told me they intend to use their money to plan a vacation. They're thinking that money plus some of their savings will get them a nice week in California. Someplace warm, they said. Even Georgia gets pretty chilly in the winter.

Back from commercial.

Cut to an overview of the skyline of Santiago, Chile. It's nighttime, and the city is lit up. A shot of a soccer stadium is included in the panoramic view on two separate shots.

Phil (voice-over): This...is Santiago, Chile. This city, founded in 1541, was destroyed the same year. It is here that teams will take off for the second leg of the Amazing Race.

Cut to views of teams arriving at Port Lockroy.

Phil (voice-over): Teams arrived in Port Lockroy and were transported to Santiago for safety and travel reasons. At this point, they have no idea what's in store for them. Charlie and Derek, who were the first to arrive--

Cut to Charlie and Derek outside Santiago's National Stadium opening a clue.

Phil (voice-over): ...will depart at 5:15 am.

Inside the clue is a blue Route Marker pamphlet, which Charlie opens and reads from.

Charlie: Fly to the Marvelous City--

Phil (voice-over): Teams must figure out that they must fly over 1,900 miles from Santiago to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Once there, given only the clue that they have to find a tourist attraction made famous by a song inspired by Heloisa Pinheiro, they must then travel to Ipanema Beach, where they will receive their next clue.

Cut back to Charlie and Derek.

Charlie: You have $55 for this leg of the Race.

Derek (excitedly): We're going to Rio!

Team confessional, Charlie and Derek.

Derek: Right after the Survivor reunion, my dad sent me to Rio for a week with Danni. It was probably the best trip of my life. OK, it was definitely the best trip of my life.

Charlie: We'll just see how well you remember the city, unless the clue directs us to your hotel room.

Derek: Hopefully, they do, and the clue says, "A gorgeous brunette will hand you your next clue."

Charlie: Now I hardly believe they'll let us be a team of three, and I know that's what will happen.

Derek: It's fine; Danni can sit on my lap on the plane.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, second to depart at 5:28 am.

Bryan: Fly to the Marvelous City and find a tourist hot spot made famous by a song inspired by Heloisa Pinheiro. Wait a minute, what?

Team confessional, Jeffrey and Bryan.

Bryan: I'm not well-versed on South American cities. Get me over to Asia and I'll start tearing the place up.

Jeffrey: You don't know anything about that, either.

Bryan: Oh, like you solved that clue when you saw it.

Jeffrey: I don't stand there and brag about how much I know.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, third to depart at 5:29 am.

Jennifer: Fly to the Marvelous City. Let's go.

Spike: Wait, where the hell is that?

Jennifer: We're going to Rio de Janeiro.

Spike: How the hell was I supposed to know that? What, was I just absent the day they talked about Argentina in school?

Jennifer: That wouldn't matter anyway; we're going to Brazil.

Spike: Same thing. I hope you speak Spanish.

Team confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Jennifer: On the way to Rio, I felt like I had to give Spike a little education about the place we were going to. She knew absolutely nothing.

Spike: I knew it was in South America.

Jennifer: You thought it was in Argentina and people spoke Spanish. I suppose next you'll be asking where the Panama Canal is.

Spike: I'm not that stupid, Jen.

Jennifer: I don't think you're stupid, Spike. I just don't think you're well-versed in world cities.

Spike: It's not like any of my bands has ever played in Rio, you know.

Cut to Steve and Darius, fourth to depart at 5:46 am.

Steve: Fly to the Marvelous City.

Darius: Where the hell is that?

Steve: Come on; let's get to the airport.

Darius: Where the hell are we going?

Steve: Brazil. Now move.

Darius: Wait, Brazil?

Steve: Yes. Come on. Let me do the talking.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, fifth to depart at 5:59 am.

Dan: Fly to the Marvelous City. Arlington, Virginia?

Reggie: You wish.

Cut to Ray and Jamal, sixth to depart at 6:13 am.

Ray: Fly to the Marvelous City. OK, is there anyone around here we can ask where that is?

Jamal: We can always go to an internet cafe and look it up.

Ray: Let's just go to the airport, and we'll figure it out.

Ray: I have no idea what the Miraculous City is, or whatever it was called. I just wanted the name of the city, and then I figure I'd talk to someone who was knowledgeable and get some information from them on the plane.

Jamal: It worked in the past; why change it?

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, seventh to depart at 6:19 am.

Alexis: Fly to the Marvelous City.

Hayley: That's Rio, right?

Alexis: At least it's warm.

Cut to Alex and Elena, eighth to depart at 6:20 am.

Elena: Fly to the Marvelous City and find a tourist hot spot made famous by a song inspired by Heloisa Pinheiro. We're going to Rio.

Alex: OK, so what's the tourist hot spot?

Elena: You've never heard The Girl From Ipanema?

Alex: Who hasn't?

Team confessional, Alex and Elena.

Alex: The amount of knowledge Elena has about the world is staggering. I swear she could be a tour guide in any city in the world.

Elena: I'm addicted to the Travel Channel, and I always loved geography and history and that sort of thing.

Cut to Santiago International Airport, where Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, arrive at a ticket counter.

Charlie: We need to get to Rio de Janeiro as fast as possible.

The agent begins to look up flights.

Agent: Yes, we have a fight leaving at 8 AM, and it gets into Rio de Janeiro at 2:20 PM.

Charlie: I assume that's the fastest.

Agent: Yes, that's the fastest.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan arriving at the same ticket counter; Charlie and Derek are off to the side waiting.

Bryan: Do you happen to know where the Marvelous City is?

Agent: Yes; you mean Rio de Janeiro.

Bryan: I need two tickets there as fast as possible. And I'd like to make sure the guy in the Michigan shirt doesn't get on this flight.

Agent: I'm afraid he has already booked tickets.

Bryan: Can you bump them? Get them off the flight? Send them to something later?

Agent: I can't do that, sir. You will have to bump yourself to another flight if you don't want to be on a flight with them.

(confessional) Bryan: Well, I tried. I failed miserably, but I tried.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, currently in third place, arriving at the airport and the ticket counter right behind Jeffrey and Bryan.

Jennifer: Two tickets to Rio de Janeiro, please.

Agent: Your flight leaves at 8:00 am and gets into Rio de Janeiro at 2:20 pm.

Jennifer: It doesn't make any stops, does it?

Agent: This is a direct flight.

Jennifer: Excellent.

Cut to Tina and Jim, ninth to depart at 6:41 am.

Tina: Fly to the Marvelous City.

Jim: I wonder where that is. I'll go ask somebody.

Tina and Jim jog over to a bus stop, where people are waiting.

Jim: Does anyone speak English?

One older woman indicates that she does.

Jim: Do you know what the Marvelous City is?

Woman: No, I have no idea, sorry.

Team confessional, Tina and Jim.

Tina: I was starting to think that asking strangers was a bad idea, but then again, I was out of good ones.

Jim: So we just wandered the streets of Santiago for a while sort of aimlessly.

Cut to Leilani and Kea, tenth to depart at 6:53 am.

Kea: Fly to the Marvelous City.

Leilani: I'm not familiar with that city.

Kea: Let's just go to the airport.

Team confessional, Leilani and Kea.

Kea: I thought there was actually a city called the Marvelous City. I wasn't thinking clearly until we were almost to the airport, and it dawned on me that the Marvelous City was a nickname for a city in South America.

Leilani: Now if only she knew which one, we would have been better off.

Cut to Steve and Darius arriving at the airport and reaching the same ticket counter as the others reached.

Steve: We need two tickets to Rio de Janeiro, please.

Agent: You are on the flight that takes of at 8:00 am and arrives at 2:20 pm.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, currently in fifth place, who are not near the airport.

Dan: We need to go faster. We need to be at the airport as soon as possible. It's extremely important.

Driver: I am trying to navigate to the airport.

Dan: You mean to tell me you don't know how to get to the airport? This is f------ ridiculous.

Driver: I am going as fast as I can.

Dan: Stop the cab. We have gotten nowhere. Stop the cab.

Team confessional, Reggie and Dan.

Dan: I decided to switch cab drivers because the one we had was slower than hell and didn't know where he was going.

Reggie: I would have stayed with this one.

Dan: Well, you're more patient than I am.

Cut to Eric and Jessica, eleventh to depart at 6:57 am.

Eric: Fly to the Marvelous City.

Jessica: Wherever that is.

Cut to Carrie and Dana, twelfth to depart at 7:08 am.

Dana: Fly to the Marvelous City--that's Rio de Janeiro. Let's go.

Dana: I spent some time in South America during college, so I know a little about the cities. When the clue came up, I knew we were headed for Rio and that we were going to Ipanema Beach.

Carrie: This is why I have her around. She's so smart.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline, last to depart at 7:10 am.

Caroline: Fly to the Marvelous City. Let's go.

Cut to Ray and Jamal arriving at the airport and apoproaching the ticket counter.

Jamal: We need four tickets, and please hold two for two ladies who are on their way. Their names are Carrie and Dana.

Ray: What the hell are you doing?

Jamal: Trust me on this one.

Agent: I'll give them these tickets.

Jamal: I reserved tickets for Carrie and Dana because they're not as strong a team, and I didn't want a team like the Hogettes or the Ravers to get on the same flight with us. There was only room for one more team after us, and it was nice to be able to pick that team.

Ray: Plus you like looking at them.

Jamal: Oh, come on; you know you do, too.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, currently in sixth place, arriving at the airport. Dan approaches the ticket counter.

Dan: We need to get to Rio de Janeiro.

Agent: The next flight leaves at 12:30 pm and arrives at 5:40 pm in Rio de Janeiro. The earlier flight is full.

Dan: Well, thanks for telling me there's an earlier flight.

Dan walks away with his hands held in the air in frustration.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, currently in seventh place, followed closely by Alex and Elena, currently in eighth place, arriving at the airport. Hayley approaches the ticket counter, as does Elena.

Hayley: We need the fastest flight to Rio de Janeiro.

Elena: We need the same.

Agent: We have you on the flight that takes off at 12:30 pm and arrives at 5:40 pm.

Elena: Can we all get on that flight?

Agent: There is enough room for everyone on this flight.

Hayley: There's nothing earlier?

Agent: No, it's all full.

Elena: I guess you will just have to pass us in Rio.

Cut to the arrivals of Leilani and Kea, Eric and Jessica, and Tina and Jim to the airport; immediately, the cut is to Carrie and Dana, currently in twelfth place, arricing at the ticket counter.

Agent: We have your tickets here for the 8:00 am flight that arrives at 2:30 pm in Rio de Janeiro. You can thank your friends Ray and Jamal.

The agent smiles as she hands Carrie the tickets.

Dana: I'm willing to milk this alliance with Ray and Jamal for all it's worth. It beats the hell out of struggling to stay out of last place.

Carrie: We're a lot stronger of a team than we let on, but I think that putting on the appearance of, oh, we're just the gorgeous California girls who can't run fast and don't really know what we're doing so people string us along. Then, when it comes to crunch time, Dana and I show just how strong we really are.

Cut to a digital projection of the Racers' flight path from Santiago to Rio de Janeiro.

Phil (voice-over): All teams are now on their way from Santiago to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The first flight arrives at 2:30 pm local time, and it carries Charlie and Derek, Jeffrey and Bryan, Spike and Jennifer, Steve and Darius, Ray and Jamal, and Carrie and Dana. The second flight arrives at 5:40 pm, and it carries Reggie and Dan, Hayley and Alexis, Alex and Elena, Leilani and Kea, Eric and Jessica, Tina and Jim, and Bobby and Caroline.

Cut to Galeao International Airport in Rio de Janeiro, 2:37 pm. Charlie and Derek are first off the plane, followed by Ray and Jamal, who are blocking for Carrie and Dana. Spike and Jennifer are next, followed by Jeffrey and Bryan. Steve and Darius are off the plane last.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, who are separated from the pack. Immediately outside the airport, they hail a taxi and climb in.

Derek: Ipanema Beach. Va, por favor, rapidamente. (Subtitle: Please go quickly.)

Charlie: You speak Spanish, too?

Derek: Portuguese. I picked it up when Danni and I were here.

Charlie: Thank you, Travelocity, and hello, first place.

Team confessional, Charlie and Derek.

Charlie: I won a reward on Survivor that gave me a bunch of vacations, and when Derek started seeing Danni, I sent them to Rio because it sounded like fun for them.

Derek: Believe me, it was, and when I wasn't off playing volleyball or dancing with Danni, I was picking up some of the local language. Eu te amo, Danni. (Subtitle: I love you, Danni.)

Charlie: Yo te whatever he said, Paula.

Derek: You're so bad at languages, Dad.

Charlie: At least I kick your ass at pool.

Cut to Charlie and Derek, currently in first place, arriving at he clue box on Ipanema Beach. The clue has a blue Route Marker envelope that is, at first, obscured by a green Fast Forward envelope.

Derek: Fast forward. Be ready to hang on tight.

Cut to Phil in front of Sugarloaf Mountain, a rock climbing hot spot in Rio.

Phil: There's only one Fast Forward available in any given leg of the Race, and six different legs have Fast Forwards. However, once a team uses a Fast Forward, that team can never use one again for the remainder of the Race. In order to complete this Fast Forward, a team must travel to the base of Sugarloaf Mountain and find the Stop Chimney, where they will participate in one of Brazil's favorite sports - rock climbing. Once a team completes a marked course, they will then be able to skip all remaining tasks and proceed to the Pit Stop.

Cut to Charlie and Derek looking at the blue Route Marker envelope.

Charlie: The hell with it. If you know Rio as well as you say you do, we'll finish first without it.

Derek: Talk is cheap, Dad. Let's see where we have to go.

Derek opens the blue Route Marker envelope.

Derek: Travel to Corcovado Mountain and find Christ the Redeemer--

Cut to Phil atop Corcovado Mountain.

Phil: Teams must travel to the top of Corcovado Mountain and find Christ the Redeemer, one of the new Seven Wonders of the World. In front of this landmark, teams will find their next clue.

Cut to Ray and Jamal, currently in second place, arriving at Ipanema Beach.

Ray (to his cab driver): Wait here.

Ray and Jamal run to the clue box and open the envelope.

Ray: Fast Forward. We don't need the Fast Forward.

Jamal: We might want to pass Charlie and Derek.

Ray: Knowing them, they probably took it, and we're screwed anyway.

Jamal: Let's just go with it. I saw Survivor; Derek's been to Rio, so we don't have a chance in hell of passing him anyway.

Ray: So it says here, travel to Corcovado Mountain and find Christ the Redeemer.

Jamal: Let's go.

Cut to Carrie and Dana, currently in third place, arriving at Ipanema Beach. They tear open their clue, ignore the Fast Forward, and read from the Route marker envelope.

Carrie: Travel to Corcovado Mountain and find Christ the Redeemer.

Dana: Maybe if I show some more skin, Jamal will do the Roadblock for me.

Carrie: Whatever works.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer arriving at the clue at Ipanema Beach.

Jennifer (to her cab driver): Stay right here. We'll be back.

Spike and Jennifer run to the clue box. In the background, their cab driver is shown to drive away.

Spike: Fast Forward. Should we do it?

Jennifer: If it's anything athletic, no.

Spike: I won't take my chances. Let's just go with the clue.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, currently in fifth place, struggling with their taxi driver.

Bryan: Look, we need to know where this place is. Heloisa Pinheiro's landmark or something. What was she famous for?

Driver: I do not know. You need to give me a destination.

Bryan: I told you where we need to go. I just don't know the name of it. Can you stay here while I ask someone?

The driver pulls off to a fuel station; Jeffrey and Bryan run inside.

Bryan: I need to know what place around here was inspired by someone named Heloisa Pinheiro.

The clert pauses momentarily.

Clerk: You mean the Girl from Ipanema.

Bryan: OK, so what landmark does that put us at?

Clerk: You want Ipanema Beach. Let me write down how to get there.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan getting back to the cab with an apparent look of frustration.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-10-08, 08:46 AM (EST)
2. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
REPORT: 'Race' Loved One Made 'Honorary Hogette'

UPI News Service, 09/22/2008

Only two legs of CBS' "The Amazing Race: Expedition" have passed, and already, it's looking like a "Race" pair is making itself apparent, as show-based camaraderie bridges a gap made by distance and football allegiance. Life-long San Francisco 49ers fan Rex Majors, boyfriend of "Race" contestant Carrie Burnside, became an honorary Hogette for the day despite rooting for the home team.

The show's "Hogettes," Reggie McGowan and Dan August were seen at Monster Park over the weekend to root on the Washington Redskins against Majors' beloved San Francisco 49ers, indicating that the two teams developed a friendship on the show. Majors was seen, along with Burnside, McGowan, August, Dana Quinn, Burnside's "Race" partner, and Quinn's girlfriend, Natasha Gordeeva, speaking for Ronald McDonald House, a favorite charity of the Hogettes, as well as the Leukemai Research Foundation.

Burnside has said in interviews that Majors was diagnosed with leukemia and is in remission; Majors confirms this, stating that he doesn't know when his leukemia will come back.

There are unconfirmed rumors that Burnside has been asked to raise funds for the Leukemia Research Foundation, though Burnside, who is still at her teaching job in Palo Alto, California, has not confirmed or denied this. She did confirm one thing, though - she simply went to the game to see Quinn, McGowan, and August; Burnside is, in fact, a die-hard Oakland Raiders fan and was booed by many when she showed up dressed fron head to toe in trademark Raiders silver and black.

Back from commercial.

Bryan: OK, so what landmark does that put us at?

Clerk: You want Ipanema Beach. Let me write down how to get there.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan getting back to the cab with an apparent look of frustration.

Bryan: Well, we go to Ipanema Beach then.

Jeffrey: Never speak again.

Cut to Steve and Darius, currently in sixth place, arriving at the clue box on Ipanema Beach; Jeffrey and Bryan are just leaving.

Darius: We're in last, but not for long.

Steve: We're not in last. There's a bunch of teams that didn't make this flight.

Darius: You don't know that, Rooster. We race like we're in last.

Steve: Nothing wrong with that.

Cut to Christ the Redeemer; Charlie and Derek are arriving in first place.

Derek opens the clue; it has a yellow Detour pamphlet inside.

Derek: Detour. Open River or Open Road.

Cut to Phil standing in front of a river.

Phil: In this Detour, teams must choose between two ways to make a living in Rio. Their choices? Open River or Open Road.

Cut to a closer shot of a fishing port.

Phil: In Open River, teams must travel to the base of Corcovado Mountain and find this port, where they must catch the Brazilian copperfish, a popular dish in Rio. Once they catch five fish any way they can, the boat capitain will hand them their next clue. There's a lot of skill involved, but it's nearby and people who learn quickly could finish quickly.

Cut to an enclosed racetrack.

Phil: In Open Road, team must travel to the Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace, a Grand Prix racetrack, and race around the track twice, only instead of using a race car, they will travel in a go-kart. After completing one lap, which is about 2.7 miles in length, the team must switch drivers and complete one more lap. After this, the team will receive its next clue. The task is basic, but it's farther away, and teams that have trouble with a go-kart could be stuck.

Cut to Charlie and Derek.

Derek: I pick Open Road.

Charlie: Good deal.

Cut to Galeao International Airport, 5:32 pm, where the send plane is arriving. Off the plane first are Reggie and Dan; following closely are Hayley and Alexis, Alex and Elena, Leilani and Kea, Eric and Jessica, Tina and Jim, and at the end are Bobby and Caroline.

Team confessional, Reggie and Dan.

Reggie: Fortunately, we ran into a pretty big Redskins fan who was on business in South America, and he told us everything we need to know about Rio. We're headed for Ipanema Beach, and then we're headed...somewhere.

Dan: We know more about Rio than Michigan does.

Reggie: Hey, don't get cocky.

Cut to Reggie and Dan, currently in seventh place, being trailed in a cab by Hayley and Alexis, currently in eighth place, and Alex and Elena, currently in ninth place.

Reggie (to his driver): Pick up the pace. We need you to go fast.

Dan: Faster, damnit!

Reggie: Because we all know the "damnit" makes all the difference.

Cut to Reggie and Dan arriving at the next route marker.

Reggie: No need for the Fast Forward.

Dan: Fast Forwards are for wimps.

Reggie: Until we need it.

Cut to Ray and Jamal arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Ray: Detour. Open River or Open Road?

Jamal: Don't you do a lot of fishing?

Ray: Let's do Open River.

Behind them, Carrie and Dana arrive. Carrie opens the Detour.

Carrie: Detour. Open River or Open Road?

Dana: Let's do Open Road.

Carrie: They said they were doing Open River.

Dana: Carrie, come on. I'm a college student. Speeding is a way of life for me.

Carrie: Hmm, good point.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, currently in fourth place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Spike: Open River or Open Road?

Jennifer: You're a s----- driver, so I say Open River.

Spike: Fine with me.

Cut to Reggie and Dan arriving at Ipanema Beach.

Reggie: Fast Forward.

Dan: If it's about hanging onto anything, we're out.

Reggie: Good enough. It says here, travel to the top of Corcovado Mountain and find Christ the Redeemer.

Dan: We're on it.

Cut to Hayley and Alexis, currently in eighth place, arriving at Ipanema Beach. Close on their heels are Alex and Elena.

Hayley: Fast Forward. It's time to make a move, Alexis. Let's go for it.

Cut to Alex and Elena.

Alex: Fast Forward. Well, Florida's going for it, so we shouldn't.

Elena: Let's keep going.

Cut to Leilani and Kea, currently in tenth place, arriving at Ipanema Beach. Close on their heels are Eric and Jessica, currently in eleventh place.

Leilani: Fast Forward. Want to do it?

Kea: No. We need to save it. Besides, as long as Colorado's in the Race, we're safe.

Leilani: Good point. Let's go.

Cut to Eric and Jessica.

Eric: Fast Forward.

Jessica: They didn't go for it. I think it's a freebie; who would go for the first one?

Eric: Good point. Let's go for it.

Cut to Charlie and Derek arriving at the Autodromo Juan Carlos Pace and locating their go-kart, which seats two people.

Derek: Damn, Dad. I'm 6'6"; how the hell can I ever fit in here with you?

Charlie: Shut up and pile in. I'll show you how we do it in the Navy.

Charlie takes off with Derek in the passenger seat; Derek is clearly hanging on with all his strength. Charlie, however, is intensely cornering and driving without any apparent regard for safety. He and Derek are, however, wearing helmets, as they were asked to by the racetrack supervisor.

Cut to Tina and Jim, currently in twelfth place, arriving at Ipanema Beach.

Tina: Fast Forward. No, let's save it.

Jim: We might need it.

Tina: Colorado's still in the Race. We're not last. Let's go.

Cut to Charlie and Derek at the Detour; Charlie has just completed a lap behind the wheel, and Derek is piling into the driver's seat.

Derek: Now I'll show you how we do it at college.

Derek takes off instantly, throwing Charlie back into his seat; his driving is even more reckless than Charlie's, and he takes corners tighter and with more abandon.

Derek (while speeding): Yeeeeeee-haw! Hey Dad, is this fun?

Charlie (muttering): I should have given him a sedative.

Cut to the end of the lap, where an exhausted, scared Charlie slowly climbs out of the go-kart; he makes it halfway before an exhilarated Derek yanks him up and opens the clue.

Derek: Travel to Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange--

Cut to Phil outside the stadium, colloquially known as "Engenhao."

Phil: Teams must now make their way to this soccer stadium, known by the locals as Engenhao. Once here, they must find the main gate, where they will receive their next clue.

Cut back to Charlie and Derek, currently in first place.

Derek: Hey, Dad. Danni and I were...here, if you know what I mean.

Charlie covers his face in aggravation.

Cut to Open River, where Ray and Jamal have just arrived and have received fishing implements.

Jamal: This is no lazy Saturday, Ray. What the hell is all this?

Ray: They don't fish like this in Mississippi; that's for sure.

Jamal: I kind of pictured the Detour as something that might be fitting of us if I were about thirty years older and had a banjo to go with my fishing pole, and Ray and I could sit around and talk about the weather and drink beers while we passed the time.

Ray: How many hours of TV do you watch a day again, Jamal?

Jamal: TV? Who has time? (in a mock drawl) I'm just here enjoyin' the summer air.

Ray: And I bet that's exactly how you got Taylor to go out with you.

Jamal: Damn straight.

Cut to Carrie and Dana arriving at the Autodromo and piling into their go-kart. Dana is driving first.

Cut immediately to Bobby and Caroline, currently in last place, arriving at Ipanema Beach. Bobby takes out the clue.

Bobby: Fast Forward. Sounds unnecessary.

Caroline: Then let's pick up the pace; we're leaving snail tracks.

Cut to Sugarloaf Mountain, where Hayley and Alexis have just arrived at Chimney Stop to complete a rock climbing course.

Instructor: OK, you want to follow the marked course from here to the top. If you both make it, the clue is waiting up there.

Hayley: Let's go.

Cut to both Hayley and Alexis in safety equipment climbing the Stop Chimney.

Hayley (to herself): Steady...

Alexis (from the ground, waiting): You can do it, Hayley! Woooooooooo!

Cut to Hayley being much farther up the mountain. She reaches the top in a matter of seconds after that, and Alexis begins.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, currently in fifth place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Bryan: Detour, Open River or Open Road?

Jeffrey: I don't care.

Bryan: Open Road. I haven't been fishing in forever.

Cut to the Autodromo again, where Carrie and Dana are arriving at the start line again; this time, Carrie is driving. Carrie speeds across the start line and brakes suddenly, jerking Dana forward.

She leans back up and shakes off the hit, getting out of the cart shaken up.

Dana: Christ, Carrie; who taught you to drive?

Carrie: I learned that on my own.

Dana: Well, it's a good thing you don't teach driver's ed.

Dana grabs the clue.

Dana: Travel to Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange.

Carrie: Sounds like a soccer stadium.

Cut to Alexis near the top of the Stop Chimney; heyley is at the top waiting for her and shouting down.

Hayley: Come on, Alexis! Just a little farther!

Cut to the bottom of the mountain, where Eric and Jessica are just arriving.

At the top, Alexis has made it up and over. She rises from her knees with Hayley's help, and they take the clue waiting for them.

Hayley: Congratulations! You have won the Fast Forward. Travel to Pedra de Gavea--

Cut to Pedra de Gavea, a rock formation, where Phil is standing atop it.

Phil: Having won the Fast Forward, Hayley and Alexis may now go directly to the Pit Stop, Pedra de Gavea, a natural rock formation in Rio de Janeiro.

Cut back to Hayley and Alexis, currently in first place.

Alexis: Let's go.

Cut to the bottom of Sugarloaf Mountain, where Eric and Jessica are arriving at the wall.

Instructor: The Fast Forward was just claimed.

Eric: What? Someone got it already?

Instructor: Someone just got it now.

Eric: Damnit.

Team confessional, Eric and Jessica.

Jessica: I think it was my idea to do the Fast Forward, but I had no idea someone else would do it first. I thought it was a sure thing we would have it to ourselves.

Eric: It didn't work out, I guess. And there we were, stuck in the thick of the race for last.

Cut to Eric and Jessica, currently in last place, leaving the Fast Forward.

Eric: I hope we can catch up.

Jessica: This was such a waste of time.

03-10-08, 09:02 AM (EST)
3. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
Blog Entry, 09/18/2008
Authored by: Danni Boatwright, tonganoxiegirl

I'm really starting to enjoy this whole blogging thing. During Survivor, it was always good to read over Derek's reflections of me, even though most of the time, he didn't know anything more than most of the viewers, and he just continued to grumble about how I was all over his dad. I figured, what the hell, I'll do the blogging for my guys, even though I was sure that blogging meant just grumbling about this and that, and it might be hard to find material, considering...well, you know, that I don't have much to grumble about.

Except one thing. His damn ex-girlfriend called him. You know, the one he met in college, she charmed his father, she made everyone love her, and then she cheated on him with half the population of Ann Arbor and then started a rumor that Derek cheated. She didn't talk to him for two years - until, lo and behold, he's no longer single. He had a proposition for her.

It was simple - leave Danni, come to Detroit for hook-ups on the weekends, and during the week, they can see other people. Knowing full well that she'll be seeing other people and he won't. I hope she's looking for a career in car sales - I can just picture it. Trade in your sexy Ferrari, and for the same amount of money, you can have a lease on this 2003 Ford Focus with no windows or steering wheel that's good from Friday to Sunday. Oh yeah, and during the week, feel free to rent other cars, knowing full well you can't afford to do so, and oh, by the way, we'll rent the car out to other people, too.

I hate people like that - she doesn't want Derek, but she just doesn't want anyone else to have him. Especially me. She probably sat around for two years laughing at how pitiful she thought Derek was, and she probably had a conniption fit the night she saw the Survivor finale where Derek and I became a couple. And now she's trying to undo that and make Derek as miserable as he was when he was first dating her. Good luck, bitch. Derek laughed his ass off at her "proposition" and told her she should go into stand-up with that sort of thinking.

Now, onto the show. When I found out Charlie won all those vacations in the reward last season, I was pretty unhappy, but it worked out for the best. And it doubly worked out, because it just so happens that Derek picked up a lot of the local flavor in Rio while we were down there. Yes, I thought the little love message to me was cute. But it's hardly what I noticed.

Brazil is home to some of the most beautiful women on the planet. And Derek told me that, in his single days, he loved to look. What guy doesn't, honestly? I'll be the first to tell you Derek's super-hot, but that doesn't mean I don't look once in a while, too. That having been said, in two trips to Rio in just a couple of months, I don't think he even gave a second look to any woman other than me.

Maybe he's focused. Maybe all he cares about is winning. Or maybe he's just that head-over-heels in love with me that he doesn't notice anyone else. I hope it's that. He'll tell me it's that. In fact, when I brought it up to him after the show last night, he told me he just doesn't notice them. Come on - you walk right into the middle of Ipanema Beach and don't notice a bikini-wearing goddess?

And then I remember - he has a picture of me in that red bikini he bought me in Rio, and he carries it everywhere. And several more pictures of me in various stages of being out of that bikini. In that case, I better make him really happy, lest those pics end up on the internet.

Back from commercial.

Eric: I hope we can catch up.

Jessica: This was such a waste of time.

Eric: Let's just go to Christ the Redeemer. It's out only hope.

Cut to Open River, where Ray and Jamal are trying to catch fish along with Spike and Jennifer.

Spike: This is taking f------ forever. We need a net.

Jennifer: Care to craft one out of nose rings?

Spike: I wish, but--wait a minute.

Spike reaches into her pocket, takes out a ring-like object, and uses an implement to attach it to a stick.

Jennifer: What the hell are you doing, Spike?

Spike: Getting ready to show you that this stuff I wear isn't just useless metal.

Jennifer: You know, people might not be able to eat this fish if you use your belly button rings to catch them.

Spike: The rules say to catch fish. They didn't say how.

Jennifer: I still don't follow.

Spike: You're right. Hang on a sec.

Spike reaches into her pocket again and takes out a spiked leather collar; she puts her finger to one of the points and immediately withdraws it in pain. She fails to draw blood and immediately giggles.

Jennifer: OK, what the hell is that for?

Spike: I'll figure that out here in a second.

Spike tries to wiggle one of the metal spikes free; after using a nearby rock to break the area around the spike, she does, and she takes out a small bottle of fingernail glue and applies it to the base of the metal spike. Soon, she places the glued end onto a metal pole.

Jennifer: I suppose you have a soldering iron in there, too.

Team confessional, Spike and Jennifer.

Spike: I've had to tone down the way I dress an awful lot for the Race; the leather, the knee-high boots, and the chains are a bit much, and the collar scares the hell out of most people. But it's who I am, and it came in handy. Besides, that's how I got my nickname.

Jennifer: And it's not how you got me.

Spike: I needed something a little more advanced than that.

Cut to Spike attemping to spear fish with her makeshift spear.

Spike: I honestly can't believe this is working.

Jennifer: I'm having almost no luck with the stuff they gave me.

Spike comes up with a copperfish and drops it in the team's bucket; one other fish is in the bucket.

Jennifer: OK, MacGyver; you're out-fishing Mississippi with bondage gear and a metal bar.

Spike: You expected less?

Spike stabs another fish and comes up with it cleanly, bringing the team's total to three. A quick cut to Ray and Jamal reveals that they have caught only one fish.

Cut to Steve and Darius, currently in seventh place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Steve: Detour. Open River or Open Road?

Darius: Open Road sounds easier.

Following closely are Reggie and Dan.

Dan: Detour. Open River or Open Road?

Reggie: I don't know how to fish.

Dan: Open Road is good with me.

Cut to Open River, where Spike has just caught her fourth fish.

Jennifer: I guess I can sit back and let you do this all. Care to do the Roadblock, too?

Spike: That depends. Can I wear my boots?

Spike spears a fifth fish, but as she does, her pole snaps and her metal point falls off, and the fish flops back into the water.

Spike leaps out of the boat after the fish. A few seconds later, she comes up with the wounded, desperate fish and places it in the bucket.

A few seconds after that, she comes up with her metal spike.

Jennifer: You just had to save that, didn't you?

Spike: Hell yes I saved it.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer, currently in fourth place, receiving their clue and opening it.

Jennifer: Travel to Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange.

A quick flash to Ray and Jamal shows that they have only two fish.

Cut to Alex and Elena, currently in ninth place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Alex: Open River or Open Road?

Elena: Open River. I never do well racing.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan finishing up the Open Road option; Jeffrey is driving, though slowly, and at the start line, she pulls right up to it at a slow speed, goes no further, and steps out in a huff.

The instructor hands her the next clue; she hands it to Bryan.

Bryan: Travel to Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange.

Jeffrey: Never make me do that again.

(confessional) Jeffrey: I don't do well driving, especially on a racetrack. I don't like to go fast, and I hate forcing myself to go fast.

Cut to Leilani and Kea, currently in tenth place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer; Tina and Jim are within sight of them but far away. Leilani opens the clue.

Leilani: Detour. Open River or Open Road.

Kea: I'll be able to do Open Road. It's got to be easier than a limo.

Tina and Jim scale the mountain and reach the large statue within a couple of minutes. Tina opens the clue.

Tina: Open River or Open Road.

Jim: Open Road is faster, but it'll kill my knee.

Jim: At the top of that mountain, my right knee was in a s---load of pain. I was shot in that knee in college, and it ended my playing career.

Tina: I'll give him a massage and some painkillers at the Pit Stop.

Jim: I had surgery on it, but it's still in a lot of pain when I work it too hard.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline, currently in twelfth place, arriving at Christ the Redeemer.

Caroline: Open River or Open Road.

Bobby: Open Road is less work. Let's do that.

Caroline: It figures you'd go with the one that's less work.

Bobby: Hey, come on. I'm trying to help.

On their heels are Eric and Jessica, currently in last place.

Jessica: Open River or Open Road.

Eric: Open Road.

Cut to Open River, where Ray and Jamal now have four fish.

Jamal: This is taking f---ing forever. I wish I had some of that stuff Spike was using.

Ray: You wouldn't know how to use it.

Jamal: It beats the hell out of sitting here and waiting.

Ray: Well, we can't switch; we came this far.

Jamal: You're right, but--I got something.

Jamal hauls in the final fish and places it in the bucket. He and Ray exchange a quick high-five and open their clue.

Jamal: Travel to Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange.

Ray: I guess we're doing sports next.

Jamal: I hope so.

Cut to Charlie and Derek arriving outside Estadio Olimpico Joao Havelange. Derek opens the clue. Inside is a red Roadblock pamphlet.

Derek: Roadblock. Who's a wall?

Cut to Phil inside the stadium, where several Brazilian soccer players are practicing in the background.

Phil: In this Roadblock, the chosen player must stop a shot from an under-21 Brazilian national team member. Shots that go wide of the net don't count, and if more than two teams show up, players are limited to five good shots before going to the back of the line. Once the player stops one shot, the referee will hand them their next clue.

Cut back to Charlie and Derek.

Derek: I've got this.

Charlie and Derek enter the stadium.

Cut to Steve and Darius at Open Road. Steve is in the driver's seat, and he is whipping around turns while Darius is holding on tight.

Soon, he arrives at the start line, and both of them roll out of the go-kart while the instructor rushes over to give them their clue.

Steve (catching his breath): Travel to Estadio Olimpico something-or-other.

Cut to Open Road, where Reggie is driving; he is just finishing up while Dan is hanging on as a passenger. Reggie pulls up at the start line and gets out, where he takes the next clue.

Dan: Don't drive like that; my heart can't take it.

Reggie: You can take overtime games, but not this? Come on.

Cut to Open Road, where three teams are on the track. Out in front are Alex and Elena, followed by Leilani and Kea at a distance. Tina is driving her cart while Jim is rubbing his knee.

Tina and Jim get out of their go-kart to switch drivers; Jim limps around the kart while Alex whizzes past him, knocking him down. He gets up still clutching his knee.

Before the instructor can reach them to give them their clue, Alex and Elena jog over to Jim, who is in more pain than before.

Alex: Hey, sorry about that. I was driving too close, and I didn't mean to--

Tina (furious): I don't know who the hell you think you are, but you had no right to do what you just did. Jim's knee is in bad enough shape with assh---- like you coming in and f------ up his ability to walk. F--- you.

Alex: I said I was sorry--

Tina (shouting and pointing): You want to go in and redo his f------ knee? Huh? Do you, you idiotic bastard? Get the f--- out of here, and if you're lucky, I won't kick your ass later! How does that--

Jim (cutting off Tina): Damnit, Tina, I'm fine. Get in the kart, will you?

Tina: Back off, Jim. Back the f--- off.

Jim glares at Tina, who glares at Alex, and he climbs in the go-kart.

03-10-08, 09:06 AM (EST)
4. "The Amazing Race: Expedition Episode 2 - "A Gorgeous Brunette Will Hand You Your Next Clue""
Blog Entry, 09/19/2008
Authored by: Ron "Blazer" Macklin, punkrockliveshere

Even if my bar's theme is the whole punk rock scene, and even if my star bartender/manager is a pill-popping skirt chaser named Spike, I still sometimes have trouble filling the seats during the week. I have to talk some of my better bands into weeknight shows in order to get any signs of life in here other than alcoholics and down-on-their-luck girls who normally end up in the back room shouting, "Oh my God, Spike, yes!"

Some nights, that's the only noise in the bar. But Wednesdays are different around here. Spike being on the Race actually makes people want to gather and cheer like they're watching some kind of sporting event, and they practically are - it's called, "Let's see how many insane things our hometown punker can do and still stay in the Race."

I think the Race changed my favorite girl, though. She loves the tips and everything, but it's like there's something missing about her. There's something I just can't really explain. And no, she didn't suddenly decide to start dating guys, either - trust me, if she did, I'd be the first one asking, and I know she'd go for it. It's why I'm single at my age; the only women I can honestly say I've ever loved is a lesbian.

But the long, drawn-out smoke breaks are gone. She takes lunch and then goes and disappears for two hours, coming back almost a different person. And she's done something different with her hair, but that's nothing new; she has a different hairstyle every couple of weeks, it seems. The only thing that would shock me is if she lost the dye and let it grow.

I've asked her if she's using drugs, and she actually denies it. Normally, if she goes out and gets stoned, she'll tell me, but not this time. Something happened on the Amazing Race. I don't know what, and she says nothing happened, but I can't believe her.

Spike's like a daughter to me, and she describes me as the father she never had. Which is probably why my relationship with her is so messed up - we have the father-daughter thing, and we also have the fact that I'm in love with her and can't have her. Guess how trustworthy that makes me right now.

At least I know I can count on her - the new girl called off, so I guess Spike's got bar duty tonight. Maybe she'll play her favorite game, "Catch the Ecstasy Tablet in the Shot Glass And Swallow It With Bacardi." I'm so in love...

Back from commercial.

Tina (shouting and pointing): Get the f--- out of here, and if you're lucky, I won't kick your ass later! How does that--

Jim (cutting off Tina): Damnit, Tina, I'm fine. Get in the kart, will you?

Tina: Back off, Jim. Back the f--- off.

Jim glares at Tina, who glares at Alex, and he climbs in the go-kart.

Tina: I was not happy with the way Alex was driving his go-kart, and I got very upset. I said something to Jim that was a little uncalled for, and I wish I could take it back.

Jim: No harm, no foul. We got through it just fine.

Cut to Tina and Jim completing the Detour; Jim stops the kart slowly and gets out with some difficulty.

Tina rushes over to him.

Tina: Are you OK? Can you make it?

Jim: Yeah, but if there's a Roadblock, you're doing it.

Tina: That's fine. Just tell me you're OK.

Jim: I'm OK.

Tina and Jim take their clue and leave the Autodromo.

Cut to Leilani and Kea beginning the Detour; Leilani is driving first.

Team confessional, Leilani and Kea.

Leilani: I had never driven a go-kart before, so I was really nervous.

Kea: Hey, I never drove one either, but it's just like a limo, except easier to handle and I cna drive like a maniac if I want.

Leilani: And you did.

Cut to Kea finishing up the Detour; both girls get out of the go-kart with ease and take their next clue.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Derek is lining up to block a shot from a Brazilian shooter.

The first kick is aimed at Derek's top left; he dives, but it goes in the net. Derek picks himself up off the groun and prepares for another shot.

(confessional) Derek: I looked at a task like this and thought, hey, I can do this, but I can't really jump all that well, and I'm a lot better at scoring goals than making saves. Plus, the net's huge in soccer.

Cut to Derek missing another shot from a different shooter.

Derek (picking himself up): Damn, this is hard.

Cut to Carrie and Dana, currently in third place, arricing at the stadium. Carrie opens the clue.

Carrie: Roadblock. Who's a wall?

Dana: If we're playing soccer, you better do it.

Carrie: I'm 37, Dana.

Dana: And I'm average height and need to lose weight.

Carrie: You're a natural in goal, then.

Dana: OK, I'll do it.

Dana: Carrie talked me into doing the Roadblock, and here's a five-six chubby little blonde from California who's never picked up a soccer ball in her life going against the best in the world.

Carrie: So I told her, if she blocked the shot, I'd buy her a hot fudge sundae at the Pit Stop.

Dana: Where were those promises when I was in school?

Carrie chuckles as Dana smiles.

Cut to Dana at one end of the field while Carrie stands and watches with Charlie.

Charlie: How come you're not doing it?

Carrie: I'm 37, Charlie. I'm too damn old.

Charlie: You're also eight feet tall and a natural athlete.

Carrie: Doesn't seem to be helping your son any.

Charlie: Maybe when he was training with his girlfriend, she should have had him play goalie.

Carrie (chuckling): No kidding.

Quick cut to both Derek and Dana missing kicks that both go in the net.

Carrie (to Charlie): She fought me on doing this Roadblock. She thinks a short, chubby girl can't do this sort of thing.

Charlie: Oh, come on. Dana's...voluptuous. She's not chubby.

Charlie turns to Dana.

Charlie (shouting at Dana): Who ate all the pies?

Cut to Dana stuffing a shot from a Brazilian shooter; as she does, the referee runs over and hands her the team's next clue.

Dana walks up to Charlie.

Dana (winking): Nice double entendre, hot shot.

(confessional) Dana: I wasn't bothered by Charlie's little crack at me; I know he was just trying to get inside my head. I just wish he didn't have to resort to stealing British soccer chants.

Cut to Carrie and Dana opening the clue.

Carrie: Travel to Pedra de Gavea. Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Cut to Derek, who tries to block a high shot, but it goes over the crossbar. He turns to the referee, who shakes his head.

Derek: Damnit; I almost got out of here.

Another shooter lines up a shot, and it goes low and to Derek's right.

Derek dives and reaches out, getting his fingers on the bar.

The ball hits the goalpost and bounces out.

Derek pounds the ground in celebration and rushes to the referee to grab his clue.

Charlie and Derek, currently in third place, open their clue.

Derek: Travel to the Pit Stop, Pedra de Gavea.

Cut to a taxi arriving at the natural rock formation known as Pedra de Gavea. At the top, two people are standing almost at attention.

Hayley and Alexis depart the cab and grab their belongings; they escalate the rock, and, appearing not to be out of breath, reach the top. Phil is standing with a native Brazilian.

Greeter: Welcome to Rio de Janeiro.

Phil: Hayley and Alexis...

Phil smirks as he prepares to deliver the news.

Phil: ...you are team number ONE!

Hayley and Alexis high-five and embrace joyously.

Phil: Now I have some good news. As the winners of this leg of the Race, you have each won a home gym courtesy of Bowflex, which you can enjoy after the Race.

Hayley: So we can get even more buff.

Team confessional, Hayley and Alexis.

Alexis: I think that using the Fast Forward at this point will put us at the top of the pack and, if we keep up what we're doing, will keep us from falling.

Hayley: At this point, we can probably win every leg that there isn't another Fast Forward on, and at the end, we'll win the one that counts.

Cut to Spike and Jennifer arriving at the Roadblock. Spike opens the clue.

Spike: Who's a wall? I'll do it.

Cut to Ray and Jamal arriving at the Roadblock.

Ray: Roadblock. Who's a wall? I think that's you.

Jamal: All right; I got it.

Jamal runs inside to one goal while Spike is guarding another. Spike faces a shot that goes in.

Spike: Damnit, this s--- in my pockets is weighing me down.

Spike removes her boots and takes off her socks; she empties the contents of her pockets, which includes a chain, several body rings, two skull emblems, a spiked leather collar, four rolls of Life Savers candy, and a Red Bull.

Cut to Ray and Jennifer talking.

Ray: I suppose she can't get through the metal detector.

Jennifer: Not a chance.

A shooter kicks a ball to the top of the net Spike is guarding; she deflects it up and over with her fingertips.

She has to pause to put her boots on and stock her pockets again before receiving the next clue.

Spike and Jennifer, currently in fourth place, open their clue at a distance from Ray.

Jennifer: Travel to the Pit Stop, Pedra de Gavea. Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Cut to Jeffrey and Bryan, currently in sixth place, arriving at the Roadblock.

Bryan: Who's a wall? Should I do this?

Jeffrey: I'm not doing it.

Cut to Bobby and Caroline at the Detour; Eric and Jessica are also on the track with them close behind. Bobby is driving, as is Jessica; bot hare on their second lap.

Caroline is hanging on for dear life as Bobby takes a turn suddenly; Jessica is trying desperately to catch up.

Bobby finishes first, and Jessica is several seconds behind, but both leave near each other after opening their clues.

Cut to outside the stadium, where Reggie and Dan are arriving.

Reggie: Roadblock. Who's a wall? It's your turn.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Bryan is in goal and Jamal has yet to stop a shot.

A shooter kicks directly at Jamal, but it bounces off his leg and goes in the net.

Jamal (stomping his foot angrily): Damn.

At the net Bryan is guarding, a kick misses the net.

The next shooter lines up, and he shoots directly at Bryan, who catches the ball but falls backward into the net.

Bryan spikes the ball and runs over toward the referee, who refuses him the clue.

Bryan (shouting): What? I stopped the ball? That's all I have to do! I--

Referee: You did not stay out of the net. That counts as a goal. Take your spot again.

Cut to Jeffrey.

Jeffrey (muttering): Idiot.

Cut to another shooter kicking a ball at Jamal.

Jamal stops the ball with an open palm, but it continues to roll toward the goal line.

However, it falls just short and does not cross the goal line.

Jamal runs to the referee, who hands him the next clue; Ray opens it.

Ray: Travel to Pedra de Gavea. And we made it ahead of that obnoxious bitch.

Jamal: Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

Ray: I'd be worried if you didn't.

Cut to Dan running toward the goal; as he arrives, the first shoother lines up a shot and misses the net.

Dan (grumbling): Well, give me something I can catch, damnit.

Another shooter lines up to kick a ball at Bryan; it goes to his top left, but he reaches up and swats it away as if deflecting a basketball.

He pounds the ground with an open palm and shouts victoriously and then gets up and runs to the referee, who grudgingly hands over the clue.

Jeffrey: You're a f------ idiot.

Bryan: Shove it, woman.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Phil is waiting with the greeter.

Walking up to the mat are Carrie and Dana, who take their place in front of Phil.

Phil: Carrie and Dana...you're team number two!

The two warmly and joyously embrace at the good news.

Close behind are Charlie and Derek, who arrive before Carrie and Dana depart.

Phil: Charlie and Derek...you're team number three!

Charlie and Derek exchange a flying chest bump and a high-five, and Charlie seems to clutch his back momentarily.

Charlie: And while you're here, Dana, I owe you an apology for that comment at the Roadblock.

Dana: No apology needed. Actually, Carrie and I were laughing about it the whole way here.

Charlie: Oh, well, in that case, I'm glad I could make your day.

Dana: Now you owe me and ice cream sundae.

Charlie: What, me?

Dana: You and Carrie each owe me one. Now come on. And I like extra hot fudge.

Cut to inside the stadium, where Dan is still trying to stop a shot.

A shooter kicks toward the top right; Dan reaches out with a flying leap and tips the ball away. It bounces off the goalpost and lands safely outside the net.

He lands awkwardly grabbing his arm, but he seems to run normally and goes to retrieve the next clue.

Reggie: You OK, Dan?

Dan: This is why I stick to the other kind of football.

Cut to Steve and Darius arriving at the Roadblock.

Darius: Roadblock. Who's a wall? It's my turn.

Cut to Alex and Elena at the Roadblock.

Alex: Who's a wall? I'll do this one.

Cut to Tina and Jim arriving at the Roadblock.

Tina: Who's a wall? I better be one. I hope your knee gets better.

Jim: It's fine; I'll put an ice pack on it.

Cut to inside the stadium, where Darius takes one net, Alex takes the other, and Tina is forced to wait.

Cut to outside the stadium, where Leilani and Kea are arriving.

Leilani: Who's a wall? I'll do it.

Cut to inside the stadium, where neither Darius nor Alex has blocked a shot; behind the nets, an official scorer has three red lights on at each net. Tina and Leilani wait patiently.

Leilani: So you're doing this one?

Tina: Yeah, I take it you are, too.

Leilani: Isn't Jim at athlete, though?

Tina: Jim played for the USC Trojans in college, but he tore a bunch of tendons in his knee and messed up his cartilage and couldn't play anymore.

Leilani: So can he do anything like this?

Tina: No; his knee's bugging him.

(confessional) Tina: I lied to the Hawaiians about Jim's knee. I told them he got hurt in a game. If I told them he was shot, it might be too much of a distraction, and Jim doesn't want people to know that.

Each shooter lines up for the fifth shot for Darius and Alex; the first four went in the net.

A shooter kicks at Darius; the ball goes in at the top left corner. A quick shot to Alex shows that he, too, could not stop a lower right-hand shot.

The referees motion Tina and Leilani onto the field; Darius and Alex back off.

A shooter takes the first shot at Leilani; it's aimed right at her, and she deflects it off her knee away from the goal.

She cheers and pumps her fist, as does Kea; the two take their next clue, currently in eighth place.

Leilani (to Darius and Alex): That's how we do it in Hawaii.

Darius runs toward the net as Tina takes another shot and cannot stop it.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where another team is arriving. Approaching the mat are Spike and Jennifer; Spike is noticeably wearing the collar she took out of her pocket at the Roadblock.

Phil: Spike and Jennifer...you're team number four!

Spike high-fives Jennifer, who returns the high-five gleefully.

Phil: Nice collar, Spike.

Spike: Thanks, Phil. You want one?

Phil: It doesn't go with the rest of my wardrobe.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Tina is on her fourth shot and Darius his third.

A shooter lines up for Darius; the shot goes in the net. Darius slaps his knee in frustration.

Cut to Jim talking to Alex.

Jim: Listen, I'm sorry Tina went off like that at the racetrack. I'm fine, you didn't hurt me, and we're cool, I hope.

Alex: I didn't think I was that close to you, and I had no idea you had knee problems.

Jim: Yeah, Tina tries to baby me with that knee, but I usually get by just fine. She's really protective, and I guess I am, too.

Alex: I understand. I wasn't trying to hurt you.

Jim: I know.

Cut to Tina on her last shot before Alex is sent back in; the shooter tries for the top of the net, and Tina smacks it down with both hands.

She gets up with little emotion, dusts herself off, and accepts the clue from the referee, opening it carefully.

Tina: Travel to Pedra de Gavea. Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Alex runs to the net; Darius frustratedly lets a ball slip through his hands into the net. He stomps his foot in anger and slaps the goalpost.

Another shooter takes a shot at him; it's to his right, and he dives, smacking the ball down to the ground. He angrily cheers and throws the ball into the air as the referee gives him the clue, which he forcefully rips out of the referee's hands.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Ray and Jamal are arriving.

Phil: Ray and Jamal...you are the fifth team to arrive.

Both Ray and Jama give a stunned expression, not sure what happened.

Phil: However, you violated the rule against making flight arrangements for another team. You booked tickets for Carrie and Dana when they were not in your presence. The penalty for that is 30 minutes, starting now.

Ray and Jamal step to the side as a timer reading "30:00" begins to tick down.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Alex is facing a shot from another shooter. It misses the net. Elena waits on the sideline nervously and alone.

Cut to outside the stadium, where Bobby and Caroline are arriving.

Caroline: Roadblock. Who's a wall? I got this.

Caroline enters the stadium and immediately takes a spot in net.

A quick cut to Alex shows another shot missing the net.

Cut to outside the stadium, where Eric and Jessica, currently in last place, arrive at the Roadblock.

Eric: Roadblock. Who's a wall? You can do it.

Jessica: I hope you're right.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Jeffrey and Bryan are arriving.

Phil: Jeffrey and Bryan...you're team number five!!

Close behind them are Reggie and Dan, who are wearing pig noses.

Phil: Reggie and Dan...you're team number six!

Jeffrey: Take those stupid noses off. You look like idiots.

Reggie and Dan let out pig snorts in unison as they laugh at Jeffrey's request.

A quick shot of Ray and Jamal shows that there is 20:41 left on their penalty.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Alex is facing another shot while Caroline has yet to stop one.

A low shot is directed at Alex; he slides and kicks it away, and it does not reach the net. He pumps his fist and runs to Elena, who is waiting for him on the sideline.

At this time, Jessica runs in and takes his place in goal. Shots to Carolie and Jessica both go in the net.

Cut to the Pit Stop, where Leilani and Kea are arriving. They run past Ray and Jamal, who are appearing more frustrated.

Jeff: Leilani and Kea...you're team number seven!

The sisters embrace each other as a frustrated Jamal shows more signs of rage. The time left on their penalty is 13:01.

Soon, Tina and Jim arrive at the Pit Stop. Jim is noticeably hobbling and clutching his knee.

Phil: Tina and Jim...you're team number eight!

Tina gives no reaction; Jim winces in pain.

Phil: Jim, is your knee OK?

Jim: Yeah; I'll be fine.

Tina: Come on, Jim; we need some ice for that. Get it elevated.

Jim: Yes, mother.

Tina: That's "Doctor Mother" to you.

The time on Ray and Jamal's penalty is 2:18. At that time, Steve and Darius arrive.

Phil: Steve and Darius...you're team number nine!

They exchange a high-five and some raucous cheers.

As the time ticks to 22 seconds, another team arrives, angering Jamal.

Phil: Alex and Elena...you're team number ten!

Elena wraps her arms around Alex's neck; for the first time, she kisses him. He appears to kiss back, though more apprehensively.

Phil motions Ray and Jamal over, indicating that he can check them in.

Phil: Ray and Jamal...you're team number eleven!

Jamal angrily walks away as Ray flashes a cold stare at him.

Cut to the Roadblock, where Caroline and Jessica have both failed to stop a shot.

Each contestant has a shooter lined up; they both kick directly at them.

Jessica catches the ball, drops it, and falls back into the net.

Caroline deflects it to the side.

The referees indicate that they are both able to get their next clues; Jessica rejoins Eric and takes the clue, and Caroline rejoins Bobby.

Eric: Travel to Pedra de Gavea--

Bobby: Travel to Pedra de Gavea--

Eric: Warning, last team to check in may be eliminated.

Cut to Eric and Jessica, currently in twelfth place, in a taxi.

Eric: We need to get to Pedra de Gavea, and go fast, please. It's important.

Jessica: We need this. Please hurry.

The two taxis are shown jostling for position; however, Eric and Jessica's taxi is shown making a turn while Bobby and Caroline's goes straight.

Eric: Are you taking us a faster way?

Driver: Yes; this is faster.

Eric: At that point, I knew our driver's way wasn't faster.

Jessica: We were either screwed or we had to do something big to catch up.

Cut to a taxi arriving at the rock formation; it is not clear who was inside.

Soon after, another taxi arrives; the time between the two was relatively close.

Cut to Phil standing with the greeter facing the direction from which the Racers arrive.

Walking toward the mat to check in twelfth...

...are Bobby and Caroline.

They take their place on the mat.

Phil (softly and sadly): Bobby and Caroline...

The two Racers wring their hands anxiously.

Phil: ...you're team number twelve!

Caroline cheers and Bobby pumps his fist.

Phil: You're still in the Race. Are you happy to be in the Race now?

Caroline: Absolutely. It's a new lease on life here in Rio.

Cut to Eric and Jessica arriving at the Pit Stop.

Greeter: Welcome to Rio de Janeiro.

Eric and Jessica: Thank you.

Phil: Eric and Jessica...

He looks at them with solemnity.

Phil: ...you are the last team to arrive.

He pauses momentarily as Eric looks down.

Phil: I'm sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the Race.

Jessica: We made a costly mistake, and it cost us. If we had just run the Race normally, we wouldn't be here.

Eric: At least we got to go to Rio, though, and we got to get out and enjoy life. I treasure this time I had here as much as I did the time with Jessica in the Big Brother house.

Jessica: This is not the end for me and Eric. We found love, and we will be together for a long time, I think.

Eric: We have a few things to work out, but it's worth it for Jessica.

A quick shot of a disappointed Eric and Jessica flashes right before the screen fades to black and the credits begin to roll.

Phil (voice-over): Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

Episode 2: Elimination Station Summary
Authored by: Dr. Rage

We open right out in front of the villa; the first opening sequence took place in Antonio B. Won Pat International Airport, the largest airport in Guam. Debra and Bob were flown from Port Lockroy to Santiago by helicopter, as all teams were; from there, they were flown commercially to Guam and transported by van to a villa along the coast of Guam.

The first days at the villa were not particularly eventful unless you count two 50-somethings watching movies in their underwear "eventful." There's almost no drama between Debra and Bob; they're a perfect couple, they never seem to fight badly, and they're compatible in every way. They're the rare couple that can stay together all the time and not get sick of each other. Translation: snoozer.

That all changes when the van pulls up with the next team to be eliminated. As they walked up to greet the team (fully dressed, we might add; Debra isn't bad-looking for 55, but greeting a team half naked isn't usually the way to go) the cyclist couple was expecting to see Bobby and Caroline and were prepared to run for the hills after putting in a token greeting.

Debra and Bob received a bittersweet surprise when the Big Brother couple, Eric and Jessica, stepped out of the van.

As Debra greeted Jessica, she started to sob; Jessica attempted to comfort her, as did Bob, but with limited success. She explained that it was tough seeing one of their favorites out so early, but she was happy to get to spend some time with a pair of Racers that she was particularly fond of.

Over dinner, Debra gushed about Eric and Jessica and how they made such a "cute couple." She even continued on to say that she was so happy to see them in the Race that she didn't even notice "that other team that joined us in San Juan," indicating that they didn't watch Survivor: All-Stars II, that Charlie wasn't as great as everyone thought, and that Derek was a fool for letting Danni back in his life after what she did on the show.

The next day, the teams hung out at the pool for a lot of the day; Bob, in an apparent disregard for the fact that there was another team at the villa, showed up in his boxers and did a cannonball into the pool while a stunned Eric and Jessica looked on.

Eric one-upped him by donning Jessica's black dress and doing a belly-smacker into the pool. Jessica panicked initially, but Eric assured her that the dress would dry normally.

Unimpressed, Jessica put on Eric's favorite jeans and T-shirt and dived headfirst into the pool. When she came up, Eric was laughing and applauding, making it clear that Jessica wasn't getting to him.

Later in the day, Eric and Jessica taught Debra and Bob how to play beer pong. Not being drinkers, Debra and Bob substituted Coca-Cola for beer and picked the game up very quickly. Bob jokes that the loser "has to eat slop for a week." Jessica takes the bet as long as it's for only a day and not a week.

Eric takes a jar of an unknown food out of the pantry and writes "SLOP" in big letters on it. They set the jar on the counter and begin to play the high-stakes game.

Eric and Jessica win easily; Debra can't sink a ball and blames nerves.

However, to her surprise, withn the jar, instead of slop, there are several small packages of snack food. Bob says that he can live off that for a day.

Both teams think that Bobby and Caroline are coming next, and they immediately begin to joke about getting them a room at the Motel 6.

Back from commercial.

Phil (voice-over): On the next episode of the Amazing Race...a previously-seen twist has a new wrinkle.

Cut to a shot of the U-Turn in the dark with no one around it.

Phil (voice-over): Bobby gets a new attitude.

Bobby: No more being lazy. Enough screwing around. It's time to take them down.

Phil (voice-over): And Spike gets into it with Jennifer.

Jennifer (shouting): You can't make decisions! You suck at everything!

Spike (shouting back): That's real nice to tell the only reason we're still in it, princess!

Voice-over: Stay tuned for an all new CSI: Miami coming up next.

Fade to black.

Order of finish:

1. Hayley and Alexis, 1:49 pm
2. Carrie and Dana, 2:02 pm
3. Charlie and Derek, 2:03 pm
4. Spike and Jennifer, 2:06 pm
5. Jeffrey and Bryan, 2:17 pm
6. Reggie and Dan, 2:18 pm
7. Leilani and Kea, 2:25 pm
8. Tina and Jim, 2:32 pm
9. Steve and Darius, 2:35 pm
10. Alex and Elena, 2:37 pm
11. Ray and Jamal, 2:38 pm
12. Bobby and Caroline, 2:53 pm
13. Eric and Jessica, 2:54 pm

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •