The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-08-07, 00:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Throughout the season, I got a few questions asked of me - some easy to answer, some not so easy to answer, and some that were hard to answer out of character. Since I'd like to know what questions, suggestions, praise, or criticism people have, the thread is here for the however many of you who actively read the All-Stars II season.

Ask me anything you want, and I should be able to provide an answer.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... SUPAMEOM 09-09-07 1
   RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Colonel Zoidberg 09-09-07 2
 RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... jbug 09-12-07 3
   RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Colonel Zoidberg 09-12-07 4
       RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... jbug 09-12-07 5
       RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... vince3 09-12-07 6
           RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Colonel Zoidberg 09-12-07 7
               RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... AyaK 09-12-07 8
                   RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Colonel Zoidberg 09-13-07 9
 RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Estee 09-25-07 10
   RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Read... Colonel Zoidberg 09-26-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

SUPAMEOM 169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-09-07, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SUPAMEOM Click to send private message to SUPAMEOM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Luv your fanfics!! They inspired me, so I guess that means I have to write episode 2 seeing as Julie enjoyed the first episode!!

Colonel please can you add more subtle refs of Julie??

Thanks and Luv the fanfics!!

Thanks Tribe!!

"HI HI HI Supamneo... I must say you have to be my and Jeff's biggest fan!!! " Julie Berry Survivor Vanuatu

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-09-07, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Luv your fanfics!! They inspired me, so I guess that means I have to write episode 2 seeing as Julie enjoyed the first episode!!

By all means...I was wondering where the next episode was going to come from. After the drama of All-Stars II, we need some comic relief.

Colonel please can you add more subtle refs of Julie??

Well, I wouldn't want to steal your thunder...though I guess if we find out Phil's seeing anyone in DAWdom, I might have to work her in...

jbug 12676 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-12-07, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"

I really don't have any questions, NOW, tho I probably had plenty during the reading & if I had time to go back and re again those questions would come back to me......... (i'm rambling again, aren't I?

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I for one thoroughly enjoyed reading All Stars II - you had me on the edge of my seat at many moments!
Thanks for the fun. Are you really planning a TAR series?

Agman says I'm GREEN. (Is there a message in that?)

09-12-07, 02:49 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Are you really planning a TAR series?

Actually, I've already planned the road map. I've done some preliminary research on travel times between legs, and I do intend to go to some never-before-seen places.

However, the release isn't due until next summer. I prefer to run my seasons during down-time...although if I get the research done, I may go nuts and do TAR over the holidays. Don't hold your breath, though.

The season will take place as if it's the middle of 2008; the intent is to pick up where All-Stars II left off.

jbug 12676 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
I don't know how you do it!
Wonderful - I'll have something to look forward to for next summer (smart move).
Now, are you doing any of the research for locations in person? Do you need an assistant? I'd volunteer to try out the tasks for you - you know, so there are no more accidents like on AllStarsII. Wouldn't want any more lawsuits. Besides, I'll volunteer to hang out with Phil any day!
Just let me know when and where you need me.

vince3 15726 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 03:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
the intent is to pick up where All-Stars II left off.

Hmmmm, are any of your Survivors heading around the world?

09-12-07, 04:02 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Hmmmm, are any of your Survivors heading around the world?

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe...I can tell you this much - I don't want to turn someone into an automatic villain a la Rob and Amber. Simply put, they won't win, they're pretty much guaranteed second or third place (or an early crash and burn,) and does anyone want to see another millionaire running around the world collecting a massive appearance fee and getting helped (or shafted) because of what people saw on Survivor?

Besides, Maria's leg is still broken, and I'm guessing that, if I did cast her and Laura, 90% of the time, they would be a happy couple, and the other 10%, Laura would be a pouty little bee-yotch and threaten to take the next plane back to Buffalo every three-and-a-half minutes.

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-07, 07:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Cast D!ck and Daniele from Big Brother 8. No one outside the USA and Canada would know them, because US Big Brother doesn't go worldwide, and yet they'd draw viewers, if for no other reason than to see how many foreigners D!ck could offend.

09-13-07, 09:04 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Be careful what you wish for...

Estee 44384 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-07, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Okay, so here's mine:

1. How much of the boot order and plotline, as least as far as existing contestants went, was based on viewer's revenge? Were there cases where you were actively saying 'I've always wanted to see X get hirs, and now's my chance?' By the same token, were you ultimately seeking some level of justice for Ozzy?

2. Did you restructure any conversations because the words didn't feel like the actual players would be saying them? Speech has to carry the majority of this, and some of the characters have fairly distinctive vocal patterns.

3. On a scale of one to ten, how insane did the challenges drive you?

4. Did anyone actively criticize or praise their 'edit'?

5. You're not really going to subject us to Whining 'Round The World, are you? (And if it is the 2008 Donato World Tour: We Came To Kill You All, they pull an Alison and go out no later than second -- right?)

And #6: What question do you wish someone had asked?

09-26-07, 08:34 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Survivor: All-Stars II FAQ/Reader Check-In"
Many good questions...let's see what we got.

1. How much of the boot order and plotline, as least as far as existing contestants went, was based on viewer's revenge? Were there cases where you were actively saying 'I've always wanted to see X get hirs, and now's my chance?' By the same token, were you ultimately seeking some level of justice for Ozzy?

A few were based on viewer's revenge, at least from my point of view. Ami could have gone one of two ways for me - early boot or F4 villain. I ended up booting her early because i felt that her feud with Maria had pretty well run its course and because I had to spare Paula.

Chris was the same thing - first out of his tribe, just as he "should" have been in Vanuatu. I wasn't really kind to the Vanuatu players, with the exception of Twila, who I probably could have used more...although in some way, Twila seems to have rubbed off on Paula.

Parvati and Danielle's boots were viewer revenge. I made Parvati into a little bit more of a flirt than usual (having her flirt with another female was a bit of absurdity on my end, but it worked as far as the story went. In no way did I imply that Parvati swung that way, but I did imply that she was willing to pretend to.) I didn't much care for Danielle in Exile Island and really only included her because so many people said she was worthy of inclusion. Her tiebreak loss to Cirie was definite viewers' revenge.

The rest were pretty much all storyline. And just for the record - I actually like Danni. Having her pull a stunt like the one she did was great for the story, but if she actually lurked here and read it, she'd probably letter-bomb me if she didn't make it to the finale and reunion.

As for Ozzy winning...I actually thought the Cook Islands jury made the right decision, but he's probably the best player never to win, so writing him in as a winner sent two messages for me. One was that I thought Ozzy was a great player and earned a victory he never cashed in on. The other was that I wasn't automatically going to let one of my own creations win.

2. Did you restructure any conversations because the words didn't feel like the actual players would be saying them? Speech has to carry the majority of this, and some of the characters have fairly distinctive vocal patterns.

A few of them. The interactions between the real Survivors and the Japan ones was always a bit odd for me, especially considering that Danni had very close interactions with two real Survivors and a loved one. Some of the things she said with Charlie were probably very genuine - the movie reward was one where they probably forgot that they were just a fake couple.

The biggest conflict I had was trying to make a lot of the dialogue between Charlie, Danni, and Paula seem natural when I knew full well that it was largely rehearsed. (Actually, with that story, I was a little afraid I was borrowing too much from the Angela/Tony fake romance, so I took the idea in a completely different direction, including the fact that both Charlie and Danni were in on it. The only person in the Tony position there was Charlie's son.)

It was challenging for me to get a good physical description of my own castaways, since I tried to picture the scenes playing out in my head as I wrote them. It was also very hard for me to picture Danni, who, by all accounts, seems very nice, turning into some sort of evil dungeon mistress and going all psycho on Charlie.

3. On a scale of one to ten, how insane did the challenges drive you?

Eight, although the Attack Zone challenge was lots of fun to write.

4. Did anyone actively criticize or praise their 'edit'?

I'm sure that people watched and saw what dopes they were, but I can imagine Terry being shown as worse than he was...and maybe Yau-Man appearing to try too hard.

5. You're not really going to subject us to Whining 'Round The World, are you? (And if it is the 2008 Donato World Tour: We Came To Kill You All, they pull an Alison and go out no later than second -- right?)

I said there would be a familiar face. No, it won't really be Evel and Daniele. Aside from the fact that I didn't care for Daniele, Evel already has his money.

Truth be told, though, I have some cast members in mind, and some will probably make us wish for Evel and Daniele...

And #6: What question do you wish someone had asked?

I was guessing that someone would ask me why I picked on Danni (pure convenience,) or what the deal was with some of my characters (I suppose Charlie's missing fingers or Paula being an alcoholic could have come up in Japan, but the fact is, Japan was a first try at writing a season of Survivor. I really cranked things up for All-Stars II.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •