The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-18-07, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""

Survivor Live Excerpts: Yul Kwon

The screen shows Dalton Ross and Jenna Morasca, hosts of Survivor Live on a faux jungle background with a Survivor: All-Stars II logo.

Dalton: Helloooooo again and welcome to Survivor Live. I'm Dalton Ross, and with me is the always bubbly Jenna Morasca.

Jenna: If we learned anything from last night's episode, it's that the game can change without any of us having any idea about it. It's also bad news to be a previous winner out there; of the four people voted off, three were previous winners. I think it's completely warranted to say that a previous winner has no chance at winning this game.

Dalton: It didn't even come close to happening last time; no previous winner even made the merge. Are we looking at a repeat of that, where all the high finishers are out early?

Jenna: I wouldn't go that far, but I would say that anyone who's received a seven-figure check is unlikely to make the merge simply because people will figure out that carrying a past winner along is a good insurance policy after the merge. After all, who's a better opponent in the final vote than someone who already won? Am I going to give the million dollars to someone who already won it or to someone who didn't?

Dalton: The third victim of a possible crusade against the winners, assuming there is one, was Yul Kwon, the Survivor: Cook Islands winner.

The camera fades back to show Dalton and Jenna as well as Yul, who is in the studio with them.

Jenna: Yul, were you voted out for being a past winner?

Yul: Probably. I think that had a lot to do with why I'm here and not still in the game. That and there was already an alliance by the time we first went to Tribal.

Dalton: We hear a lot about this alliance with Tom, Cirie, Charlie, Danni, and Parvati, but so far, it's a pretty fragile alliance. What got you out?

Yul: I didn't see it coming. I went in thinking the vote was for Harriet, since that's what Cirie told me. Twila and Parvati threw away their votes, so it looked like the alliance had everything under control to vote off Harriet.

Jenna: You got together with Terry and Cirie to get Harriet out.

Yul: I saw Cirie as the face of that alliance at the time. I had no idea she wasn't communicating with Tom and that he had plans of his own with Harriet.

Dalton: Is there anything you think you could have done differently?

Yul: I probably would have tried to convince Parvati to vote for Harriet. It might have worked, or it might not have, but it was worth a try. That or maybe Tom could have been talked into switching. I just thought I had him.

Jenna: So you went in thinking it was Harriet with at least four votes.

Yul: Exactly. And I thought Charlie and Danni would vote for her as well, so that was at least five votes. Never mind that I had Terry as well. If my thinking was correct, Harriet would be gone with six votes.

Dalton: Do you think your tribe's falling apart?

Yul: Not necessarily. They need to figure out what won them the first few challenges and get back to it. They were disciplined and strong, and the other tribe was divided and clueless. Now it's as if it's the other way around.

Jenna: So you think your tribe's lost its way.

Yul: That's a nice way to put it. Parvati's spending too much time flirting, Charlie and Danni are spending too much time telling stories and planning dates, and Terry's spending too much time beating his own chest. When Ozzy got the other tribe fired up, we started having problems.

Dalton: Can anyone there do the same for your old tribe?

Yul: Of course. Charlie's a born leader, and Tom could do it if he really wanted to.

Jenna: Anything we have to look forward to?

Yul: You'll have to ask Jeff; no one tells me anything.

The Show Begins - air date 03/07/2008

The camera shows an overview of the Gambier Islands; the camera shot appears to move quickly.

Jeff (voice-over): Previously on Survivor...Fati was feeling the effects of their first loss.

Parvati: Sorry about that at the last challenge, guys.

Charlie: It's not really all your fault, either. We blew it completely.

Jeff (voice-over): At Ta'aroa, Paula and Maria began plotting their end game strategy.

Paula: Listen, if he did, that's great, but we need to make sure we have all our bases covered. I want you, me, and Yau-Man in the core of the alliance.

Maria: So we just cut Rafe and Ian loose for flipping?

Paula: Yeah, what are you going to do?

Maria: It's so...evil. I like it.

Jeff (voice-over): At the reward challenge, the tribes learned they would be playing dodgeball for rain gear.

The camera shows the tribes in mid-game.

Jeff (voice-over): With only one person left, Ta'aroa lost the first match, but in the same situation, they came back and won the second.

The camera shows Yau-Man eliminating Harriet, Twila, and Tom in succession.

Jeff (voice-over): Parvati tried flirting in mid-match...

Maria: I can't take you out, Parv; I love you too much.

Parvati: I love you too Maria...

Jeff (voice-over): ...but Ozzy wasn't buying it...

The camera shows Ozzy's takedown of Parvati.

Ozzy (impersonating Ben Stiller): Joanie loves Chachi!

Jeff (voice-over): ...and Ta'aroa won the reward.

The camera shows Ta'aroa celebrating on the court.

Jeff (voice-over): At camp, Paula started to admire Maria's work ethic.

(confessional) Paula: The first time out, she acted like the game was a big naked vacation. She's for real now. I like her attitude.

Jeff (voice-over): At Fati, Charlie opened up to his tribemates by telling stories.

Charlie: When I had my heart attack in Japan, I was glad I didn't know what was going on at the time. If I knew it was a heart attack, it might have been worse.

Danni (to her tribe): And don't forget, this man's a single dad, too.

Jeff (voice-over): And he even poured his heart out to Danni.

Charlie: Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you.

Danni: Really? What's on your mind?

Charlie: I just want to make sure this doesn't drive a wedge between us.

Danni: Come on, Charlie; nothing could do that. It's not like you're in love with me or anything.

Charlie looks up at Danni with a semi-worried look.

Danni: Oh my God...

Jeff (voice-over): At the immunity challenge, Cirie and Twila struggled.

The camera shows Cirie having trouble getting over the wall and Twila falling.

Jeff (voice-over): And that gave Yau-Man enough time to try something unusual to ensure victory for Ta'aroa.

The camera shows Yau-Man taking the ring, running forward, and facing in the opposite direction. He twirls around and tosses the ring as if to throw a Frisbee.

Jeff: Ta'aroa wins immunity!

Jeff (voice-over): At camp once again, the defeated Fati kicked around a few names of people to vote off.

Cirie: So wait a second. Who's next on the list?

Tom: I'm almost afraid to let Terry stick around.

Cirie: Yul worries me.

Parvati: I want to get rid of Tom.

Yul (to Harriet): Any chance we can get out Parvati?

Cirie: We need Harriet out. She's trouble.

Jeff (voice-over): At Tribal Council, once again, Parvati was under attack.

Twila: It's not my damn fault one of us here's more concerned about getting a hot girl in bed than about winning.

Jeff (voice-over): Parvati tried to defend herself, but she kept getting attacked.

Parvati: Like I said, Jeff, it was just a ploy. It didn't work. I need to go easy on the cross-tribal flirting.

Danni: And stick to flirting within your own tribe? Like that's any better, you dirty bitch.

Jeff (voice-over): Terry felt the heat as well.

Parvati: For someone who's been all hot-shot military strong, Terry hasn't done s--- for us.

Terry: I thought 'bash Terry night' was the last Tribal Council, people. Give me a break.

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie tried to be peacemaker.

Charlie: People. Give the man a break. It's bad enough he doesn't get credit for keeping you guys fed. You don't have to tear into him for every one of his opinions.

Jeff (voice-over): But he deflected the title of peacemaker almost immediately.

Jeff: Is Charlie usually the peacemaker at camp?

Charlie: Nope. Tom is.

Tom: Hey, don't look at me.

Charlie: The minute you pay him a compliment, he's shy about taking it, like you're on national TV and he's in some sort of Witness Protection Program. Right, Tom? If that's your real name...

Jeff (voice-over): The tribe seemed to have mended its wounds, but the vote was a blindside, and Yul was out.

Jeff: Yul, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Yul's torch.

Jeff: Sixteen are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

The camera shows a quick overview of the Gambiers as the Survivor theme begins to play. The first sequence appears to be out of the Japan opening spliced with the Vanuatu opening; a cannon appears in the background, and the music appears to be an amalgamation of the past seven themes with some imagery from each. Player intros are given in alphabetical order by tribe, with Fati going first and Ta'aroa going second. All screen shots of players in this intro are from the first episode, and all are wearing their tribes' buffs. As the intro comes to a close, images of the last seven settings centered around a pirate ship appear to fade as the Survivor: All-Stars II logo is superimposed over the center of the screen. The logo appears similar to the first All-Stars logo except it reads "All-Stars II" and the dominant background color is a bold red instead of blue. The green from the old All-Stars logo is replaced with a dark blue, and the text is silver.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - ... Colonel Zoidberg 06-18-07 1
 Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - ... Colonel Zoidberg 06-18-07 2
 Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - ... Colonel Zoidberg 06-18-07 3
 Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - ... Colonel Zoidberg 06-18-07 4

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-18-07, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""
REPORT: 'Survivor' narrowly edges 'Idol'

UPI News Service, 03/01/2008

It looks like there's potential for a ratings war between "American Idol," the self-proclaimed "number-one show on television," and "Survivor," a show that was once number-one in the ratings. "Survivor" won its time slot with a 20.1/30 average rating to "Idol"'s 19.6/29.

"Survivor" claimed 29.4 million viewers, while "Idol" claimed only 27.7 million for its Top 20 results show featuring guest star Fergie.

"We throw everything we have at these people at CBS, and they dig up an old show, put a bunch of previous contestants on it, and they win. It's almost as if they're not fighting fair," said "Idol" producer Nigel Lythgoe. "I'm sure that, if we had a contest between Clay Aiken, Fantasia Barrino, Chris Daughtry, and Blake Lewis, people would tune in to our show in record numbers."

No plans for an "American Idol: All-Stars" season have been announced, nor have plans for any future seasons of "Survivor." Betting for "Idol" is still open, and Fergie-esque pop singer Cindy Majors is the odds-on favorite at 2-1. However, being the odds-on favorite did little for "Survivor" favorite Ami Cusack, a 4-1 favorite who was voted out second.

Back from commercial.

Kamaka Island, Fati camp, Night 12. The tribe has returned from Tribal Council and appears tired and frustrated.

Cirie (to Tom): So wait a minute. What happened? Why did you guys vote off Yul?

Tom: Wait. You didn't?

Cirie: No. I voted Harriet. No one told me we were going after Yul.

Tom: No one told me the vote was so split, either.

(confessional) Cirie: Yul managed to be voted off last night with just four votes. Clearly the alliance didn't do its job.

Cirie (to Charlie and Danni): So who did you guys vote for?

Danni: I voted Yul, just like the plan was.

Cirie: I wasn't told. I voted Harriet.

Charlie: It's OK; it wasn't us.

Danni: I just want to know who voted for me.

Cirie: I think...wait, was it Parvati?

Danni: If Parvati voted for me, she's history. That was not the time to send a message vote.

(confessional) Danni: I think Parvati sent me some sort of message vote tonight. I definitely think it's a little ridiculous. We got lucky, but what if Yul, Harriet, Terry, and Twila had piggybacked on that, it could be really bad.

Danni (to Parvati): What the hell is wrong with you? That was no time to screw around with your vote!

Parvati: Oh, come on; it did nothing, and we're all still here.

Danni: Don't go acting like it's no big deal. I swear you're too much of a loose cannon.

(confessional) Parvati: I'm through with that alliance. To hell with it. Danni steps on my toes now? I joined because it was security in case Terry got something together, but they don't have a chance now, so I'm out.

Makaroa Island, Ta'aroa camp, Day 13. Ozzy, Maria, and Paula are all helping to prepare the fish that Ozzy caught.

Maria: You know, for not having any tools to work with, I sure got the hang of this whole scaling thing.

Ozzy: You're doing incredible. And here I was thinking you were just here for the experience and didn't care if you did any work or laid around on the beach all day.

Paula: Naked, I might add.

(confessional) Maria: I came here again because a lot of people thought I won in a total fluke. I'm here to prove them wrong and show that Maria Savovic is not a lazy, naked bimbo.

Paula: I think you would make a pretty good leader, Maria.

Maria: What? Me in charge? No way. The two of you are so much better at it than I am. I'm better as a second-in-command.

Paula: You don't seem like the second-in-command any other time.

Maria: Please, Paula. I have a dog. No one's in charge when there's a dog present.

Paula: Hey, I have cats. You have a better chance of turning crap into gold than you do of getting one of them to do what you want.

Maria: Wait, are we talking about the most stubborn, strong-willed woman I know being humbled by a house cat?

(confessional) Paula: It means a lot to be a leader, and that means I have to level with everyone and make them think they're leaders as well. If that means I have to stick my neck out, fine with me. This tribe has as much potential as any tribe I've ever seen.

The camera switches to an overview of Akamaru Island, Day 13. There appears to be a more open rectangular court in the tribes' colors.

Jeff: Come on in, Ta'aroa!

The Ta'aroa tribe files in led by Maria; Ozzy is the last to enter.

Jeff: Come on in, Fati!

The Fati tribe files in led by Cirie; Parvati is the last to enter.

Jeff: Ta'aroa getting their first look at the new Fati tribe. Yul voted out at the last Tribal Council.

Ozzy: Damn, I wasn't done with him.

Jeff: Well, you are now, Ozzy. We're on our 13th day out here. What's the situation at camp for you guys?

Paula: It's really good. Ozzy really turned this tribe around a few days ago.

Jeff: What happened? I couldn't help but notice you guys were almost a new tribe on Day 9.

Maria: Ozzy gave this rousing speech before the challenge, and we were so pumped up that we just went into the challenge and won big.

Jeff: Fati, the opposite seems to be going on at your camp. Has anyone tried to stem that?

Parvati: Well, Charlie's kind of our unofficial mascot. He's the best in challenges, and he's probably the most vocal leader we have. He's always there to tell us stories and have fun with us, and he always does more than his share around camp?

Jeff: So Charlie and Ozzy are pretty much the leaders out here? Anyone think otherwise?

The tribes are noticeably silent.

Jeff: Charlie and Ozzy, you need to come with me this way.

Everyone appears a bit stunned at this; Charlie and Ozzy are led to a motorboat that leads them away.

Jeff: OK, let's get to today's challenge. You will be competing without Charlie and Ozzy. Today's challenge is for reward. On this court, two members of each tribe will attempt to push this boulder across the opposing tribe's goal line. You can use whatever you want, but you cannot attack the opposing tribe members. If you cross your opponents' goal line, you score a point for your tribe. The first tribe to four points wins reward. Wanna know what you're playing for?

The tribes applaud anxiously.

Jeff: You're getting the exact same thing Charlie and Ozzy are, which is--

Jeff uncovers a table sitting near him.

Jeff ...lunch. We have here chicken, Italian bread, and Gatorade. The winning tribe will enjoy this right here. The losing tribe will be holed up in a separate part of the island until it's time to head back to camp, because, no matter what happens, both tribes are going to Tribal Council.

The tribes are in obvious shock.

Jeff: As such, both tribes will head back to Angakauitai Island, where you go after losing an immunity challenge, where the winning tribe will compete for individual immunity. In addition, once you're back, you will be allowed to search for the hidden immunity idol. Everything make sense?

It seems to for all players.

Jeff: Everyone take your spots; wait for my go.

Both tribes line up on opposite sidelines. The boulder is in the center.

Jeff: First up, we need a man and a woman from each tribe. It looks like we have Tom and Danni going against Ian and Danielle. Survivors ready? GO!

Both teams make a dash for the boulder; Ian gets there a little more quickly, but he's stopped by Tom and Danni. Danielle arrives and pushes it toward her right.

Jeff: Ian not getting anywhere with this!

Danielle switches and moves it back to the left; Tom loses his footing.

Jeff: Ian taking a bit of a lead!

Tom pushes back and Ian falls backward. The boulder rolls past Danielle and into Ta'aroa's goal.

Jeff: Fati scores! Tom and Danni earn a point for their tribe!

Two more people line up to face off.

Jeff: For Fati, it's Terry and Twila; for Ta'aroa, we have Rafe and Maria. Survivors ready? GO!

Rafe reaches the boulder first; the combined forces of Maria and Rafe knock Terry back while Twila arrives last.

Jeff: Terry takes a nasty hit! Rafe and Maria get an early lead!

Terry starts gaining ground back, but Rafe and Maria give very little. The boulder rolls closer and closer to Ta'aroa's goal as an exhausted Rafe gives out.

Jeff: It's all on Maria now!

Maria spins the boulder away from Terry, but Twila saves it. Rafe gets back up and starts pushing back; however, Terry splits Rafe and Maria, and the boulder goes past Ta'aroa's goal line.

Jeff: Fati scores again!

The next two Survivors take their spots.

Jeff: It's Parvati and Cirie going against Paula and Danielle! Survivors ready! GO!

Parvati and Danielle arrive first and are deadlocked; Paula breaks the tie and Cirie can't get a grip.

Jeff: Cirie having trouble!

Parvati and Cirie lose ground while Paula and Danielle push toward the Fati goal. Cirie gives out, and Parvati can't hold Danielle and Paula back any longer.

Jeff: Ta'aroa scores!

The next two Survivors take their places.

Jeff: We have Tom and Terry against Ian and Jonathan. Survivors ready? GO!

Ian reaches the boulder first; Tom and Terry almost run him over, but Jonathan's added pressure stops them.

Jeff: Jonathan putting up a fight!

Terry and Tom pull back and charge it again; they get stuffed by the moving boulder. The boulder moves back in their direction.

Jeff: Ian and Jonathan gaining ground!

Terry seems to be stopping the boulder, but Jonathan puts some spin on it and Tom loses his grip. Ian and Jonathan overpower Terry.

Jeff: Ian and Jonathan might have it!

The boulder charges past a helpless Tom and a flattened Terry.

Jeff: Ta'aroa scores! We're all even!

The next two Survivors take their spots.

Jeff: We have Danni and Parvati against Maria and Paula. Survivors ready? GO!

Everyone arrives at the boulder at nearly the same time; Paula runs into it hard.

Jeff: Paula hits it at full speed!

Danni reaches higher and tries to spin the boulder; Paula gets under it. Danni loses her grip and falls backward.

Jeff: Paula tries something different!

The boulder appears to flatten Danni; Maria and Paula easily coast to a point.

Jeff: Ta'aroa scores again!

Danni runs up to Paula screaming and gets in her face. Paula screams back, and the two engage in a shouting match. It is hard to understand anything that either woman is saying.

After the two are split up, the next Survivors take their places.

Jeff: For Fati, Tom is going with Parvati. For Ta'aroa, it's Rafe and Danielle. This could be match point for Ta'aroa. Survivors ready? GO!

The fastest to the boulder is Rafe; Tom pushes his progress back. Parvati tries to push hard, but she drops from exhaustion to her knees while Tom contends with Rafe and Danielle.

Jeff: Parvati's checked out!

Danielle quickly switches sides, and Tom loses his grip. Parvati tries to get back up but is unable to.

Jeff: Parvati, are you all right?

Parvati raises her hand to signal that she is.

Jeff: Parvati doing OK!

Tom tries to hold the boulder back; however, Rafe charges it past the goal line.

Jeff: Ta'aroa wins reward!

Terry runs in to help Parvati up; Harriet, who did not appear in this challenge, does the same.

Jeff: Parvati, do you need medical?

Parvati: I'm just exhausted.

Jeff: Get her some water; she'll be fine.

Jeff walks over to Ta'aroa.

Jeff: Ta'aroa, the reward is yours. Enjoy it here for the next hour. When you get back, your challenge will be waiting for you. Fati, head on out.

The Ta'aroa tribe continues to celebrate as the screen cuts to commercial.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-18-07, 10:38 AM (EST)
2. "Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""
REPORT: CBS Used Fake Set in Tuamotus

Security was of the highest order in the Gambier Islands, but the Tuamotus was running what appeared to be a season of "Survivor." It turns out that, since the season was airing and filming at the same time, the show set up a fake set on the Tuamotus, where the show was thought to be filmed.

The main consequence is that there are no credible spoilers; even the source that released the results of the Japan season before Episode 1 aired had no idea what to make of All-Stars II.

When reached for comment, "Survivor" host Jeff Probst said, "After the spoilers tried to ruin Japan, we knew we needed a different plan of attack for this season. We didn't have time to put in an injunction that would enable us to sue people for releasing the results without our consent in time, so we set up a duplicate set. We got 20 people who look enough like the contestants to pass for them, and we eliminated contestants by a combination of random draw and likelihood of who would go. The folks in our fake set had no idea what was going on in our real one."

Probst joked, "Ami won the fake game."

Back from commercial.

Akamaru Island, Day 13. The Ta'aroa tribe, minus Ozzy, is enjoying the spoils of its victory; the Fati tribe is nowhere to be found.

Maria: I would like to propose a toast to Ozzy, wherever he is and whatever he's doing.

Maria raises a bottle of Gatorade; she appears to be drinking orange-flavored.

Maria: To Ozzy.

The rest of Ta'aroa: To Ozzy!

Maria: May he not screw us over that badly.

(confessional) Rafe: Ozzy's off on an adventure of some sort with Charlie. I hope he's not divulging too many tribe secrets.

Paula: Eat as much as you can handle, people; I don't know when the next time is that we're getting food.

Yau-Man: I have to ask, will anyone make fun of me for eating too much?

Rafe: You eat as much as you want, Yau.

(confessional) Yau-Man: We had an hour to eat as much as we could. I feel a little sorry for Parvati on the other tribe, but we needed to capitalize on that, and we did.

Mangareva Island, Day 13. Charlie and Ozzy are having a picnic lunch consisting of mostly the same things that Ta'aroa is eating.

Charlie: So you're the tribe's provider. I like that.

Ozzy: I catch the fish, and the rest of the tribe helps prepare them.

Charlie: Do you guys have a sling or anything?

Ozzy: I just use a pointy stick.

Charlie: Wow. We take turns with a sling. We're pretty well-fed when we're not bickering like crazy.

(confessional) Charlie: I like Ozzy's style. I'm not sure why they chose to bring us here unless it's important, but I have no concern about that.

Ozzy: Are you really the mascot over there? Are you the guy everyone rallies around?

Charlie: Who, me? They just sent me here because everyone else had something better to do.

Ozzy: Anyone on your tribe you want rid of?

Charlie: Now come on. We had two chances to get rid of people. If we can't get it right then, we're doing something wrong.

(confessional) Ozzy: Charlie's full of stories, but he doesn't really tell me anything I need to know.

At this point, both men start reading from a note.

Ozzy: Uncover the tall board and follow the instructions with it.

Both men uncover a board that has the remaining Survivors' names on it. The Fati members are in silver; the Ta'aroa are in blue. There are four dots in each color.

Charlie (from the board): Today, each of you will be the tribe's captain. You will send four members of your own tribes to the opposing tribes.

Ozzy: Wait, so I have to give up tribe members?

(confessional) Charlie: On one hand, I have to protect my alliance. On the other hand, I have to do what's the fairest thing for both tribes, or Ozzy won't agree to it.

Ozzy: So I'm staying on Ta'aroa, and you're staying on Fati.

Charlie: There's an equal number of men and women, right?

Ozzy: I think so, but each tribe's unbalanced. Do you want to balance them?

Charlie: Wait. Can we do that?

Ozzy: If you send me three women and a man...and I send you two of each...that would work.

Charlie: But which three women.

Ozzy: And which two men do I want to keep.

Charlie: Let's see...you can have Terry; he's pretty tough, and we don't need another alpha male crowding the place up.

(confessional) Ozzy: I was very uneasy about taking on Terry. He's a very strong personality, and I don't know how well he'll fit in.

Charlie: And let me tell you. Twila's pretty tough.

Ozzy: I can work with Twila. Who do you want?

Charlie: Just don't tell me you won't part with Yau-Man.

Ozzy: Oh, come on.

Charlie: Tell you what. Go ahead and tell me what three people you don't want me to take. I'll do the same.

(confessional) Charlie: A trade like we tried to do is a lot harder than it looks. You have to sell these players, and some of them have reputations already.

Ozzy: So you want to send me Twila, Harriet, and Parvati along with Terry?

Charlie: And you're not willing to part with Yau-Man.

Ozzy: He's our guy.

Charlie: OK, I guess Rafe and Jonathan it is for the men then and Danielle and Maria for the women.

(confessional) Charlie: Me around Paula would be a time bomb, but hopefully I'll be fine with Maria.

Angakauitai Island, neutral camp, Day 13. All 16 remaining Survivors arrive at the same time. Charlie and Ozzy have a crate with them.

Charlie: Everyone gather 'round! We have new tribes!

Everyone else comes in and immediately begins discarding their buffs.

Charlie: If I call your name, you're on Fati with me. If Ozzy calls your name, you're on Ta'aroa with him. Let's see. Tom, get over here. Cirie and Danni, you too.

Charlie hands all three new silver Fati buffs.

Ozzy: Yau-Man, Ian, and Paula, you're all still on my tribe.

Ozzy hands the three of them new blue Ta'aroa buffs.

Charlie: Maria, Danielle, Rafe, and Jonathan, you're all on my tribe now.

All four former Ta'aroa join the Fati tribe.

Ozzy: Harriet, Parvati, Twila, and Terry, you're all coming with me.

The four former Fati join their new tribemates.

(confessional) Parvati: I've been waiting for a tribe switch since Day 7, and now I've finally got it. It's too bad that buzzkill Terry's coming, too.

Ozzy: If you used to be on Ta'aroa, you can play for individual immunity. If you win it, your tribe goes to Council first.

The individual immunity turns out to be what appears to be a wooden combination safe.

Ozzy looks it over.

Ozzy: There is a six-digit code that is the answer to six questions. Whoever gets it earns individual immunity. Also, the immunity idol is in play.

Danni takes the list of idol clues.

Danni: Looks like the latest clue is "Don't go nuts looking for the idol; all you need is your palms."

Parvati: Is this some kind of play on words?

Danni: Good luck with it.

(confessional) Parvati: Getting off that tribe was the best thing in the world for me. I need something different, and come tonight, I'll get it.

The camera shows Danni trying to decipher the idol clues from a distance as the screen cuts to commercial.

06-18-07, 10:39 AM (EST)
3. "Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""
Blog Entry, 03/02/2008
Authored by: Laura Dean, sensitivenakedgirl

OK, I don't get it. I'm pretty sure a space alien or someone is playing the part of Maria. It's been 13 days, and I've seen her scale fish, carry firewood, win challenges, and manage to keep her clothes on at the same time. This new and improved Maria is definitely not the woman I fell in love with. And I have to say one thing.

I'm really enjoying it.

I love Maria's free-spiritedness. She always kept me from going crazy. But she was never responsible. She had an attitude that she didn't care if she lost her job, and a couple of times, she did. I worked two jobs to pay the bills while she sat around and watched soap operas. I couldn't get mad at her or anything, but she had student debts to pay. I wondered what happened to the same girl who studied hard, got good grades, and wanted to be a doctor.

She's back. And she could fool everyone. Imagine if it's like last season and she gets to the final vote, only she takes people who can't possibly win, and she pockets another cool million. I'll say this much - we're definitely going to Hawaii. And I don't know if we're ever coming back.

Maria? Being Paula's tribemate has been the best thing for you. Don't blow it. Flirt responsibly, and keep your head about you.

Love always,

Laura

Back from commercial.

Angakauitai Island, neutral camp, Day 13. The entire remaining cast is present; Maria is off in the woods looking for the immunity idol.

Maria: Let's see...too bad a pace isn't the same for everyone. I'll guess they mean my pace.

(confessional) Maria: I solved the idol clues. There was one that had all the first letters of each word spelling out "Tall Grass," so I went for it.

Maria is shown using a small digging implement, and she reaches into the dirt to pull out a sloth covering. She unties it, and inside is a gold compass not unlike the immunity idol from the Cook Islands.

Maria: And no one's finding out about it.

(confessional) Maria: I found the second idol; I know Paula has the first, and she's not here anymore. I need everything I can get.

At this point, Parvati walks back into the woods.

Parvati: Hey sexy, what's up?

Maria: Excuse me?

Parvati: Looking for the idol? Give it here and I'll give you something even better.

Maria: I didn't find it. I don't know where it is.

(confessional) Parvati: I wasn't biting. I knew she had it. She got caught in the act, and just because I've spent the last few days flirting with her didn't mean I was keeping her secret without a price.

Parvati: I want that immunity combination. I want you to find it for me.

Maria: What am I, your bitch? Get the hell out of here.

Parvati: Fine. I'll just have to give away your secret.

Parvati walks away from Maria and back into camp.

The camera shows Yau-Man working on the combination safe.

Yau-Man: Let's see...number of people thrown out of the Attack Zone challenge is four. The number of nights we spent on this island is two. And the number of matches that Ta'aroa lost the second reward challenge by...five? Let me try this number.

Yau-Man inputs 851425. The safe opens. Inside is an immunity idol, which looks like one of the turtle idols from Fiji.

Yau-Man: It's a turtle! And it comes with instructions!

Yau-Man unrolls the instructions.

Yau-Man: You are under no obligation to display this until tonight's vote. Your tribe will go to Tribal Council first, and afterwards, you will assign this to a member of the opposing tribe.

The camera shows Yau-Man talking to Harriet.

Yau-Man: Does anyone need to go on your old tribe?

Harriet: We're actually looking at tossing out Parvati or Terry.

Yau-Man: Terry? Isn't he good?

Harriet: We could just as easily get rid of Parvati.

(confessional) Yau-Man: From the looks of things, if we get rid of Parvati, we get rid of trouble. And the easy thing about it is that we could get Terry in on it very easily.

The camera shows Parvati talking to Ozzy.

Parvati: Hey, if you ensure my safety, I have a little bit of news for you.

Ozzy: So what is this? You're selling your information for safety? You have got to be kidding me.

(confessional) Ozzy: At this point, I think we all know what's going to happen here. Parvati's going home, and the rest of us can stop listening to her ridiculous flirting.

The camera switches to Parvati talking to Harriet.

Parvati: So wait a second. It's like this - if you stick with me and help me keep around, I'll watch your back.

Harriet: I think there's only a few things you're any good at watching around here.

Parvati: Oh, come on. I'm done flirting.

Harriet: And I'm done with you.

(confessional) Parvati: The vibe I'm getting is that I'm next. In fact, it's been stated explicitly. I need a miracle.

The camera shows a setting sun as the new Ta'aroa tribe files into Tribal Council. Everyone takes a seat with no obvious past-tribal divisions.

Jeff: Ozzy, your old tribe picked you as the leader. And here you are with a new tribe. Does that put a target on your back in any way?

Ozzy: It might. I was a little nervous about being a leader at all. But the situation called for it.

Jeff: At the challenge, people said you gave a speech right before the Attack Zone challenge that helped your tribe win.

Ozzy: I kind of channeled a football coach and got everyone fired up. It worked like a charm; we didn't lose after that.

Jeff: Yau-Man, is it that simple? Ozzy speaks, and the tribe wins?

Yau-Man: I was tired of being on a losing tribe again. I was on one in Fiji, and I wanted to win. I didn't care what it took, and if the other tribe had to fall apart at the seams for it, that's fine with me.

Jeff: Twila, you're an old Fati. Is that a fair assessment?

Twila: I said it last night. We got more concerned with showing off than with winning. Winning isn't automatic. We won the first few challenges, but we had close matches every time. There wasn't a blowout in the group.

Jeff: Parvati, Twila called you out at the last Tribal Council. Has that changed your attitude?

Parvati: I've tried being a bit more responsible, but I'm making this much clear - I'm probably going.

Jeff: Wait a minute. Is that true?

Ozzy: I told her that she was probably going, and I am certain that people are backing me up on this.

Jeff: How certain can you be?

Ozzy: You can never be certain, but you can plan it as best you can.

Jeff: For all I know, you have the individual immunity that your tribe earned the right to play for. Or for all I know, Parvati plays the idol and you're out. There are tons of possibilities.

Parvati: I don't have the idol. I actually found the person who does have it.

Jeff: Are you serious?

Parvati: I went out into the woods and caught Maria finding it. Since we had a thing for a while, I asked her to protect me with it, and she basically told me to go to hell.

Jeff: Paula, do you believe her?

Paula: Kind of. Yes, I know Maria could have found it. But I also know Parvati will try anything she can think of to save her skin. Including the desperate attempt to get Maria to hand over the idol.

Jeff: Why would Maria give you the idol, Parvati?

Parvati: Because of what we have going on. I want her to be charmed by me. I want her to see me and forget about everything else.

Jeff: Wait a second, do you actually see a connection between yourself and Maria?

Parvati: Wait--what? A real connection? I'm just thinking of the merge out here, and I know Maria's a target for my charms.

Jeff: Because she's in a relationship with another woman?

Parvati: Because she's a lot like me. I flirt, I charm, I play around like that, and she does the same.

Jeff: I saw Maria change throughout her season, and here was someone who came in having no idea what was going on. She loved to be naked and flirt, and she even made out with another girl. But come the final four, she was all business. Which side do you see in her?

Parvati: I want to bring out the flirtatious side.

Jeff: So it's completely unimportant to you that she has a girlfriend back home?

Parvati: I honestly couldn't care less. Even if it's not my goal to get Maria to come home with me, I want her to think it is.

Jeff: I still don't understand how this relates to Survivor strategy at all.

Parvati: As long as we keep winning I want to charm her into coming over to my side. The tribe keeps me around, I get her over, and we have a majority at the merge.

Ian stares blankly at her, obviously confused.

Jeff: Ian, you look like you haven't had your coffee today. What's on your mind?

Ian: I can honestly say I have no idea what the hell is going through Parvati's mind. I'm dumber for having listened to it. Her strategy makes no sense, and it seems to me like she just has some personal vendetta against Maria's girlfriend. I can't imagine why.

Jeff: Parvati, do you have an issue with Maria's girlfriend?

Parvati: What? No. God no. Like I said, it's all strategy.

Jeff: Twila, are you buying this?

Twila: A simple "no" isn't strong enough, Jeff. This takes a good-old Missouri "hell" no.

Jeff: Paula?

Paula: Twila said it better than I could.

Jeff: Harriet?

Harriet: I think we say the same thing in Texas that they say in Missouri.

Jeff: Yau-Man?

Yau-Man: If she's thinking strategically, then I'm Robin Williams.

Jeff: Terry?

Terry: I haven't believed her since the first time she told me.

Jeff: Ian?

Ian: I'd like to see the looks on everyone's faces if I tell them I believe her, but I just can't say I believe her with a straight face.

Jeff: Ozzy, I don't suppose you're buying it either.

Ozzy: Not a chance, Jeff.

Jeff: Parvati, it looks like you don't have a friend in the world on this tribe.

Parvati: Ozzy, you let me down. I thought we had something.

Ozzy: Really? Because I thought you only had eyes for Maria.

Parvati: It was just a joke, people. I never thought you guys were so serious.

Paula begins to tear up, and her voice is showing her frustration.

Jeff: Parvati, this is really getting to you.

Parvati (sobbing): Like I said, all I wanted was to play around. I'm all business, but business is tough. I had to lighten up.

Jeff: If I were here to accuse, I would almost wonder if you really do have feelings for Maria.

Parvati (still in tears): No. Of course not. She loves her girlfriend. I would never come between them for real.

Jeff: But you will for show.

Ozzy: Come on, people. She's suffering enough. Let's get this over with.

Jeff: OK, we can do that. First, I need to know who got the individual immunity.

Yau-Man takes it out of his pocket.

Jeff: OK, Yau-Man is immune; you cannot vote for him. Everyone else is fair game. In addition, if someone does want to play the hidden immunity idol, you should do it while you vote. It is time to vote. Ian, you're up.

Ian gets up immediately to vote; his vote is not shown.

After Ian, Twila gets up to vote; her vote is, likewise, not shown.

Next to vote is Parvati, who still appears to be drying tears; she votes, and her vote is not shown, but her speech is heard.

Parvati (to voting camera): I will make you pay. Mark my words.

After Parvati, Harriet gets up to vote; her vote also is not shown.

Next to vote after Harriet is Terry, who votes Parvati.

Terry (to voting camera): It's about damn time you left. Maybe Maria gets voted off soon and you can enjoy each other there away from us.

Next to vote is Ozzy; his vote is not shown.

After Ozzy, Yau-Man gets up to vote; his vote is not shown.

The final vote is Paula, who votes Parvati.

Paula (to voting camera): I hope you find whatever it is you need to be happy.

The camera also shows Paula looking at her immunity idol and holding it in her hands before showing her sitting down.

Jeff: I'll go tally the votes.

Jeff takes the voting urn as the tribe is shown distancing itself from a still-upset Parvati.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately unless an immunity idol is played on their behalf. I'll read the votes.

Jeff takes out the first vote.

Jeff: First vote...Parvati.

Terry's vote.

Jeff: ...Parvati. Two votes Parvati.

This one was Paula's.

Jeff: ...Parvati. That's three votes Parvati.

Twila is shown immediately after that.

Jeff: ...Parvati. That's four votes Parvati.

The camera focuses on Ozzy.

Jeff: ...Terry. That's one vote Terry.

This is clearly Parvati's vote.

Jeff: ...the fifth person voted out Survivor: All-Stars II...Parvati. That's five votes; that's enough. We will now check for idols.

Jeff turns the urn to the side.

The camera focuses on Paula, who has a strange look on her face.

The camera shows Parvati, who is still visibly upset.

The side of the idol pouch drops...

...the camera shows the flap falling...

...Parvati looks up at it with the same look she's had for the last part of the Council...

...and there are no idols in the pouch.

Jeff: No one played the idol. The vote stands; Parvati, you need to bring me your torch.

Parvat, still crying, gets up and puts her torch in the holster.

Jeff: Parvati, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Parvati's torch.

Ozzy: I'm sorry, Parv. I didn't mean to come down so hard on you.

A sullen Parvati raises a blurred-out middle finger to Ozzy as she walks out slowly.

Jeff: Parvati may have seen her ouster coming, but I don't think she saw anything like this. I'm sure none of you saw anything like this either. All of you except Yau-Man, grab your torches and head on back; Yau-Man, stay behind and hang onto that idol.

The six Ta'aroa, excluding the dismissed Parvati and the idol-holding Yau-Man, file out of Tribal Council as the screen cuts to Parvati's final words.

Parvati (final words, still in tears): I know I played a bad game, and I know I deserved some of the things they said to me, but to be humiliated at Tribal Council? It's ridiculous! I hope they all end up voted out next and the other tribe goes all the way! At least they're half-decent! My new tribe can all go to hell!

7 votes Parvati: Harriet, Ian, Ozzy, Paula, Terry, Twila, Yau-Man
1 vote Terry: Parvati

The screen cuts to commercial.

06-18-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
4. "Survivor: All-Stars II Episode 5 - "I Just Can't Say I Believe Her With a Straight Face""
REPORT: "Focus On the Family" Officially Calls Off Boycott

At the start of the season, Dr. James Dobson of "Focus On the Family" fame urged a boycott of the current season of "Survivor" over the casting of Japan winner Maria Savovic. However, a spokesman for "Focus" reports that the pro-family religious group has terminated the boycott of the show and its sponsors.

The official statement from "Focus" reads: "The main problem we had with this season of 'Survivor' was Ms. Savovic's nudity and homosexual inclinations. While we continue to pray for her to turn away from her lifestyle, we applaud her positive steps. We hope she continues to display progress and become born again in the light of God."

Savovic's girlfriend, Laura Dean, who writes a weekly blog about the show, was avalable for comment concerning Dobson's statements. When asked about it, Dean replied, "Tell Dr. Dobson that I'll be happy to come over to his place and help him remove that stick that's been up his ass for all this time." She went on to remark, "I love Maria, and I know she loves me back. No statement from some uptight right-wing jackass could ever change that. Maybe he should go around taking the logs out of his own congregation's eyes before he makes a federal case out of the speck in Maria's."

Neither Dobson nor anyone at "Focus" was available for comment concerning Dean's response.

Back from commercial.

Angakauital Island, Tribal Council, Night 13. The Ta'aroa tribe has filed out, and the Fati tribe is just walking in. Yau-Man is waiting in the jury area with his idol.

Jeff: Before we get to tonight's Tribal Council, we have one order of business. Yau-Man earned individual immunity and will assign it to someone on this tribe. Yau-Man can assign it to anyone he chooses. He will take his idol and play it as if he were also voting; he will play in on behalf of one of you. It will work just like other idols; any votes cast for the idol recipient do not count. Yau-Man, I assume your mind is made up; you may do the honors.

Yau-Man gets up to play the idol; the camera shows him removing the parchment from the turtle, rolling it back up and placing it in the idol, and putting it in the side pouch. He then returns to the jury area.

Jeff: Yau-Man, that's all we need. Please join your tribe and head on back to camp.

Yau-Man: Goodnight, Jeff. Goodnight, everyone.

Jeff: Goodnight, Yau-Man.

Yau-Man exits the Tribal Council area.

Jeff: OK, with that issue taken care of, I direct my first question to you, Charlie.

Charlie: Oh, don't do this, Jeff.

Jeff: Your tribe picked you as the leader. Is that pressure? How hard is that?

Charlie: My old tribe picked me. I have to wonder why.

Tom: Well, who else were we picking? I'm hardly leader material--

Maria: Oh, come on; we're talking about the guy who single-handedly ran the show on his season.

Tom: Hey, I had a lot of help. Look at Ian over on the other tribe. He's a hell of a guy. Charlie would have had to offer me, three of us here, and an immunity idol to be named later just to get him.

Jeff: So everyone here knows that the tribe swap was a standard four-for-four trade, right?

Charlie: I told them everything, just like Ozzy did. There really wasn't a point in not telling.

Jeff: So you're telling me that honesty is the best policy?

Charlie: Do you have any reason to believe any differently?

Jeff: Some people might say otherwise, you know.

Charlie: And some people would make a lot of enemies.

Jeff: Cirie, is being loved out here important?

Cirie: You have to know who you can work with and who you can take down. Right now, if I told the tribe I want to get rid of Charlie, they probably wouldn't go for it.

Jeff: Is that to say Charlie's kind of in charge?

Cirie: If Charlie flaunted his power and everything, he would definitely be in trouble. Whoever he's aligned with would have to find someone else.

Danni: That's not Charlie's style, though. Charlie leads. He doesn't order people around.

Jeff: Charlie, is that a fair assessment?

Charlie: I spent 17 years in the Navy having to give orders. I know full well that it's different in the civilian world, and I treat everyone around me accordingly.

Jeff: Rafe, you're new to this tribe. Is the fact that Charlie's clearly well-liked a threat to you?

Rafe: It's not an issue to me as much as the fact that I know I have to ensure that I have a place in the new tribe.

Jeff: Jonathan, do you have a place in the new tribe?

Jonathan: That depends. I'd like to be a provider, but I have some stiff competition. I know I will work very hard to provide.

Jeff: Danni, is that really necessary for him?

Danni: We have providers. I have no doubt that Jonathan will work hard for us, but right now, what he needs to do is fit in with us.

Jeff: Has he?

Danni: He's done what he can.

Jeff: Why would you vote off Jonathan?

Danni: I don't know.

Jeff: Is there any reason to get rid of, say, Rafe?

Danni: Because he might have a vendetta?

Jeff: Rafe, is that true?

Rafe: Absolutely not. Danni's a hell of a player, and she beat me fair and square. I realize that now, and I realized that before. Either she beats me or I beat her.

Jeff: Give me a reason you might vote off Danni.

Rafe: I have no reason to vote off Danni.

Jeff: What about Tom?

Rafe: Tom's a threat, but he's necessary.

Jeff: What about, say, Danielle on your own tribe?

Rafe: I have no reason to vote off Danielle.

Jeff: Is there any reason to vote off Charlie?

Rafe: I have no reason to vote off Charlie.

Jeff: Can anyone give me a compelling argument for getting rid of anyone else here?

Maria: Because they have to leave sometime?

Jeff: Maria, you're on a tribe with two people who, just like you, won their seasons. Is that a reason to get rid of you?

Maria: I look at the voting. Sandra's out, Chris is out, Yul is out, and I probably could have been out as well.

Jeff: Charlie, you and Maria were close in Japan. Is her win there a reason to get rid of her now?

Charlie: Absolutely not. I care more about what you can do for me and the tribe now than what you did in the past. I voted for her to win; I'm part of the reason she won. For me to take that away from her now is a little hypocritical.

Jeff: So I listen to you guys and I have no idea who would even begin to be in danger here. Danielle, do you have any insight?

Danielle: All I can say is that tribal lines will be a big factor here.

Jeff: How so?

Danielle: I can see a tie vote, even. Four of us old Ta'aroa here who still have loyalty to our own group against four Fati who don't take too kindly to outsiders.

Jeff: Danni, is that accurate?

Danni: I don't think I ever said that.

Jeff: Would Danielle fit in with the old Fati membership?

Danni: Anyone can fit in here with the old Fati membership.

Jeff: Jonathan, do you believe that?

Jonathan: I'd like to, because I almost think that's the only chance I have.

Jeff: We'll find out. Before we get to the vote, as always, if you have an immunity idol and want to play it, you do so while voting and you write the person who is the beneficiary of it on the parchment inside. That person can be yourself of a tribemate. That said, it is time to vote. Jonathan, you're up.

Jonathan gets up to vote right away; his vote is not shown.

After Jonathan, the next to vote is Danni; her vote is not shown.

The next to vote is Rafe; his vote is also not shown.

After Rafe, Maria gets up to vote; her vote is not shown.

Maria sits back down; the next to get up is Charlie. He votes and sits back down; his vote is not shown.

After Charlie, Cirie gets up to vote; she votes Danielle.

Cirie (to voting camera): You say it's four-on-four. If that's the way you want it, we'll play that game.

After Cirie, Tom votes; his vote is not shown.

The last to vote is Danielle; she votes Cirie.

Danielle (to voting camera): I beat you once in a tiebreak; I figure I can do it again.

Danielle goes back and sits down.

Jeff: I'll go tally the votes.

The screen focuses on Danielle and Cirie at two different points.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I'll read the votes.

Jeff reaches in and takes out a vote.

Jeff: First vote...Cirie.

The vote is in Danielle's handwriting.

Jeff: ...Danielle. One vote Danielle, one vote Cirie.

This vote is in Cirie's handwriting.

Jeff: ...Danielle. Two votes Danielle.

Tom nods slightly.

Jeff: ...Cirie. Two votes Cirie, two votes Danielle.

The camera flashes to Jonathan.

Jeff: ...Cirie. That's three votes Cirie.

It is not clear who wrote this.

Jeff: ...Danielle. We're tied at three votes apiece.

The screen shows Danni.

Jeff: ...Danielle. Four votes Danielle. One vote left.

Jeff takes out the last vote.

He unfolds it.

Jeff: Last vote...

He turns it around.

Jeff: ...Cirie. We have a tie. Four votes each for Danielle and Cirie. Here's how it will work. First, I will open up the side pouch. I know there's at least one idol in here. We'll see who it's for.

Jeff opens up the side pouch...

...there appears the turtle that Yau-Man played...

...and no others.

Jeff takes out the parchment inside the idol and begins to unroll it.

Jeff: The person Yau-Man selected to be immune will receive no official votes. If it's Danielle or Cirie, they are safe.

Jeff takes it by the top and turns it around.

Jeff: Yau-Man gave immunity to Rafe. That means we're still tied. Here's how it will work. We have used a few different tiebreaks in seasons past; in fact, I can count five, including one in the Amazon that we never got to use. There is also an experimental tiebreak in here. You will select your tiebreaking method at random from here. One of you will do the honors.

Cirie: I guess I'll do it.

Cirie gets up and goes to a small dish; there are six envelopes arranged in the shape of an asterisk. She picks one up.

She the opens it up and takes out the parchment inside.

Cirie: The tied players will race to build a fire the fastest; whoever finishes last is out.

Jeff: Danielle and Cirie, you will be building fires in the exact same way you did on Exile Island. Please come to this side of the Council area. You will each have flint, a machete, some kindling, and some sticks. You will need to burn through the rope above your fire pit. The first to burn through their rope stays in the game.

Both Danielle and Cirie are seated at their fire pits.

Jeff: Survivors ready? Begin.

Immediately, both Danielle and Cirie take some coconut husks and random bits of wood and bundle them together; both are shown trying to make sparks within them.

Jeff: Both women starting off with similar strategies.

Danielle appears to get a spark first; Cirie is still struggling.

Jeff: Danielle with the first to flame. Are we looking at a repeat of the Exile Island tiebreak?

Cirie gets a small spark but keeps looking to spark another area of her husks. Danielle's husks have a flame to them as she places sticks all around them.

Jeff: Danielle taking a big lead.

The sticks appear to be ready to catch fire as Cirie gets a flame and does the same thing.

However, Danielle picks up her machete and absent-mindedly knocks her fire over. None of the sticks catch, and the husks begin to lose their spark.

Jeff: Danielle going back to the beginning.

Meanwhile, Cirie's flame is catching, and her sticks appear to be picking up flame; Danielle takes all-new husks and begins to get spark with them.

Jeff: Cirie has a big lead.

Cirie places larger sticks around her fire to make the flame rise; Danielle is just getting her husks to burn again. As she gets a bigger flame, Cirie's fire catches the larger sticks and burns taller.

Jeff: This one's looking like it's pretty close to over.

The larger flame catches Cirie's rope; as Danielle struggles to get a bigger flame, Cirie's flame burns through her rope.

Jeff: That rope is burned; Cirie wins the challenge and stays in the game.

Tom, Charlie, and Danni applaud Cirie's performance.

Jeff: Danielle, unfortunately, that means the game is up for you. You need to bring me your torch.

Danielle goes over without a word and grabs her torch; she put it in the holster the same way.

Jeff: Danielle, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Danielle's torch.

Cirie: Good game, Danielle. Good game.

Danielle doesn't even turn around as Cirie says this.

Cirie (under her breath): Sore loser.

Jeff: Danielle appeared to be right about one thing; this tribe was split right down the middle. Tonight's result may change the course of the game and spell doom for some of you or it might mean nothing. In this game, you never know. Grab your torches; head on back to camp. Goodnight.

The remaining Fati members file out of Tribal Council single file with their torches as the screen cuts to commercial.

Jeff (voice-over): Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

The screen cuts to commercial.

Abdullah: There's nothing like a double-boot combined with a tribe switch to throw the game into complete chaos. On one hand, it looked like everything should go down on tribal lines, the way it did with the Fati Council. But I have to look clear back to a season in the past to tell you what this double-boot reminds me of.

Yes, I know there were no double-boots in Africa. But look at it this way - the divided Samburu tribe is being played here by the Fati tribe. The tribe is split down the middle based on old tribal lines, and it takes a tiebreak to resolve it. Granted, we're not heading right into the merge, so it might be bad news for the new Fati who weren't old Fati, but that remains to be seen.

The other Council involved getting rid of the biggest thorn in the new tribe's side. Everyone teamed up and got rid of a bad apple regardless of tribal lines. And I would call it the most satisfying vote this season. It was a little over the top to make Parvati cry like that, but she needs to grow a thicker skin; she will face far worse in life than people calling her out for her actions like that. I'm glad she got booted, and I hope she learns something from it.

Scout: Up until the end of the Ta'aroa Council, I honestly thought Maria gave her idol to Parvati. I thought all along that they were in an alliance. It looks like I was way off, and no one really wanted Parvati around. Frankly, if I had a tribemate who was acting the way she did, I wouldn't want her around either. But Maria was very good at playing along up to that point, and from there, she made the right decision.

It doesn't seem like Parvati spilled the beans about Maria having the idol. Whether or not Maria had to do anything to try to assure Parvati's safety (obviously she wasn't successful if she did) is a little unclear. However, Parvati doesn't seem like the vengeful type, and that's good for Maria, since she's in the minority on her tribe and needs that idol to ensure her survival.

However, Maria's ticket to sticking around in this tribe is simple - keep up the responsible, useful persona. Seem more useful and more inviting than Jonathan and Rafe. Then, if you need to, play the idol to make the merge once they're gone. Assuming a merge at 10, that's a shoo-in to the merge unless Fati loses every challenge between now and then. That doesn't seem too likely; the tribes look fairly even, and Charlie's in his Japan form.

Earl: I don't think there's anyone who's touching Yau-Man out there. He has operatives on both tribes (Maria, Rafe) and now it looks like he's in with Ozzy and Paula on his current tribe. If Ian stays close, Yau-Man's to the merge with no trouble whatsoever. Plus, Paula has the idol. She's untouchable, and even if Ian were to do something crazy, like join up with Terry, Harriet, and Twila, they still have the idol to contend with. And even if they go after Yau-Man, the other tribe doesn't know she has it, and they could very easily play Find the Idol with the other tribe.

Granted, the game of Find the Idol failed miserably in our season, but I remember this - my alliance had Dreamz as an operative. I don't see anyone out there like that who's playing both sides. Passing the idol in secret works if they pass the idol in secret and are able to figure out who's going. Granted, the chances of that are better if there's spying going on or if there are fewer people, but it can be done.

The best move for Yau-Man and his alliance, though, is to keep Ian close. A foursome of Yau-Man, Ian, Ozzy, and the idol-holding Paula might be completely unstoppable.

Lydia: I don't care what Parvati did to her new tribe. I don't care how little she cared. She didn't deserve the treatment they gave her. To bring someone to tears over what's either a failed Survivor strategy or her real feelings? That's completely inhuman. Everyone on that tribe, especially Terry, should be ashamed of themselves. Parvati would never have done it to them.

All they had to tell her was that she didn't fit in their plans and that they had to vote her off. They could even have given her a few words of encouragement. But instead, they chose to accuse her of lying about her strategy. If it's her strategy, it's her strategy; what did they want her to do, turn around and say that she was lying? That she's not cut out for Survivor? That she's really in love with Maria? In love with Ozzy? In love with herself? Honestly. Just accept her answer, tell her it wasn't working, and be done with it. Ta'aroa needs a serious lesson in humility. And I hope the Fati tribe gives it to them, and Jeff grills the hell out of them at the next Council. They need to be set straight.

Back from commercial.

Voice-over: Next week, on a special Wednesday night edition of Survivor, the tribes get a chance to get physical.

The camera shows an image of two Survivors, whose faces are not shown, on a platform in combat.

Voice-over: And is Maria back to her old tricks?

The camera shows a pair of feet walking toward the ocean with Maria's orange top and blue shorts laying in the same behind the walking person.

Voice-over: Stay tuned for an all-new CSI coming up next.

Danielle (final words): I think it's a bit ironic that I went out the way Cirie went out in our season; I guess she finally got her revenge. I wish her the best, and I hope she goes all the way; I want to know I lost to the best. To Maria, Rafe, and Jonathan, best of luck; I think you're going to need it. Hang in there.

4 votes Danielle: Charlie, Cirie, Danni, Tom
4 votes Cirie: Danielle, Jonathan, Maria, Rafe
Cirie won a tiebreak over Danielle

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •