The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 3: “You Have to Learn to Beat Me”"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-17-06, 06:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 3: “You Have to Learn to Beat Me”"
The camera presents an overview of the Ogasawara island group.

Jeff (voice over): Previously on Survivor…Abdullah was unhappy about the vote at Fujiwara.

Abdullah (to Harriet): The bottom line is, you lied about that puzzle.

Harriet: I have never lied about my involvement in that challenge.

Jeff (voice-over): Despite the squabbling at camp, Fujiwara pulled it together and won fishing gear.

Jeff (at challenge): Fujiwara wins reward!

Jeff (voice-over): Fujiwara won fishing gear and flint, and at least for a while, all the fighting was forgotten.

(confessional) Abdullah: We won the fishing gear, and we won flint. We’re not sure if we should catch fish or start a fire.

Jeff (voice-over): At Taira, Paula and Rachel had it out.

Rachel: All you ever do is work! You’re just sitting around here creating tasks for us! We don’t need a nicer shelter; we need our energy for challenges!

Paula: I’ve been working non-stop here and I did way better in the last challenge than you!

Jeff (voice-over): While at Minamoto, Maria took it all off.

Charlie (to Maria): I hope you don’t mind if I look.

Maria: If I minded, I wouldn’t be naked.

Jeff (voice-over): At the immunity challenge, teams had to search for ladder rungs blindfolded and then assemble ladders.

Camera pans to Charlie and Paula giving their tribes directions.

Jeff (voice-over): Minamoto and Taira once again finished first and second.

Jeff: Fujiwara, you’ll be seeing me again and voting out one of your own.

Jeff (voice-over): Before Tribal Council, Harriet tried to rally support.

Harriet: I’m not bulls---ing you, Abdullah; I already talked to Tara about it. Loretta’s in on the whole thing.

Jeff (voice-over): Once again, Harriet’s scheming kept her in the game, and Tara was the second person to be voted out of Survivor: Japan.

Jeff (snuffing Tara’s torch): Tara, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff (voice-over): Sixteen remain. Who will be voted out tonight?

The screen pans to shots of Japanese warriors in fierce battle, spliced with images of great ships and dojos. As pictures of gold coins and logos of “Survivor: Japan,” “Ronin,” and “Geisha,” begin to appear, the Survivor theme begins to play in the background while the castaways are shown in various outdoor images wearing their respective tribal buffs. This time, members of Minamoto are shown first in poses all seen in the first episode; the players appear in alphabetical order. Taira follows immediately, as does Fujiwara; each tribe’s members are shown in alphabetical order. The screen pans finally to a background of waves, ripples, and islands with the “Survivor: Japan” insignia superimposed over it.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Fujiwara, Day 7. The tribe, down to four members, appears to be waking up.

(confessional) Billy: Last night we went to Tribal Council, and Tara was voted out. Naturally, no one told me. Now I guess I know how Abdullah felt after Waylon was voted out.

Harriet: So it’s just the four of us already.

Billy: I hate losing. I hated losing Tara.

Harriet: Well, I am sorry we cut her loose, but we’re trying to build a united tribe here. If we had to cut someone, I felt like it should be someone who isn’t in a clique.

Billy: A clique? Tara and I just bonded.

Harriet: Well, that sounded a little suspicious to me.

Abdullah (interjecting): It seems a little suspicious to me, too. Seems to me you’re just trying to save your own ##### and you don’t care who you hurt in the process.

Harriet: Take a pill, Abdullah; we could have sent you home first.

Abdullah: And we could have sent you home first, too.

Harriet: I did what I had to in order to stay in the game; can you fault me for that?

Abdullah (shouting at Harriet): So you lied again?

Harriet: I don’t know what the big deal is; we split up an alliance, and that’s what we set out to do.

Abdullah: You just set out to save your #####.

(confessional) Harriet: Of course I set out to save my #####; isn’t that the point of the game? So I told a few lies. It was that or be sent home first.

Billy: I just wish someone had told me that the vote was for Tara. I was blindsided.

Harriet: Well, I’m sorry. You just weren’t around to tell.

(confessional) Harriet: I could have told him, but if I did, he would have turned the tables.

The camera pans to Minamoto, Day 7. Charlie is sitting around the fire tossing small wooden objects into the fire.

Elaine (emerging from the woods): We have more rice, people.

Charlie: What do we need all that for?

Becky: Oh, come on, Charlie; you eat as much as any of us.

Charlie: And you eat more of it than the rest of us. And look at you. You’re just a little thing.

(confessional) Becky: Yeah, I’m only five-foot six, but I do play basketball for a living. The rice gives me a little bit of energy. Well, maybe just a little bit.

Elaine: We’re not eating it all today, just half of it.

(confessional) Elaine: We seem to get rice every two days. So I cook half of it one day and half the next. It’s nice being in charge of the rice.

The rice pot is shown as empty, and Danny is shown writing in his journal, his luxury item.

(confessional) Danny: Since the second day out here, I have written in my journal twice a day. I write a day entry and a night entry. I don’t let anyone read it, since I hope to use what I write to my advantage.

Another pan of the camera shows Elaine playing basketball with Becky. Neither player dribbles, but each player is able to shoot.

Becky: That puts me up 15-2!

Elaine: Come on, Becky; go easy on me.

Becky: You have to learn to beat me.

(confessional) Elaine: Becky and I play basketball in our spare time sometimes. So far, I’ve scored about four baskets, and haven’t even come close to winning. She tells me I have to learn to beat her. Like that’s going to happen in 39 days out here.

Becky (still shooting over Elaine; her shot goes in): Nothing but net!

Elaine: What net?

The two double over laughing while the camera pans to Steve and Charlie playing cards with a deck Steve earned as his luxury item.

Steve (laying down his hand): Three jacks.

Charlie: Damn; all I have is a pair of eights.

Charlie then lays down his hand.

Charlie: And three deuces. Full house, Steve; I win again.

Steve: You got me again.

(confessional) Steve: Ever since we won the first challenge, we all got our luxury items; I got my deck of cards, so Charlie and I play all the time.

(confessional) Charlie: Steve’s luxury item’s a bit more entertaining than mine. But hey, at least one of us had to bring an American flag as a luxury item. Besides, if we ever have one of those challenges where we have to be more visible from a plane or something, we can’t possibly lose.

Becky (coming back from the basketball hoop): Good game, Elaine.

Elaine: You know you killed me. But at least it’s a good way to keep busy.

(confessional) Elaine: All I brought as a luxury item was my pillow. It’s nice at night, but I could probably have improvised. And there’s only one, so it’s kind of hard to have a pillow fight.

Becky (holding her basketball): Hey, anyone want to play me?

Danny: You’ll kill me.

Becky: You don’t know that.

Danny: I know you play in the WNBA.

Becky: Yeah, so…come on; play already.

Becky tosses the ball at Danny; he drops it.

Becky: You’ll have to work on that. Come on.

Camera pans to Becky doing a jump shot over Danny’s head.

(confessional) Danny: I don’t know how Becky talked me into a game of basketball. Maybe I should have brought a Game Boy as my luxury item and challenged her to a game of Tetris or something.

Camera pans back to Charlie, only now he’s just laying in the shelter while Steve and Elaine are playing cards.

Charlie: Life is good, I’ll tell you.

(confessional) Charlie: It’s real simple out here. I hope it stays that way. I don’t want to think about voting anyone out for a long time.

The camera zooms out above Minamoto’s camp, and the screen fades to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Taira, Day 8. Paula is in the water looking for fish while some others are looking for firewood.

Catharine (coming from woods): We got Tree Mail again.

Antonio: It’s about time; maybe we can get some food or something.

Paula (from in the water): That’s what I’m here for.

Catharine (from Tree Mail): Four by four, navigate a long course.

Kevin (from Tree Mail): Your fate depends on being a force.

Jason (from Tree Mail): You can’t win unless you hold your own weight,

Rachel (from Tree Mail): Win something here or you could be shown the gate.

Antonio: Sounds like we’re going to be timed or something. If we’re going four by four, remember those guys from Fujiwara have four.

Jason: Oh right, because they keep losing.

Antonio: Yeah, pretty much.

Paula comes in from the water and doesn’t seem to have any fish. She takes Catharine aside.

Paula (to Catharine): Hey, I know you might think this is a bad idea, but what do you say to tanking this challenge?

Catharine: Are you serious? You want to lose?

Paula: I want Rachel out.

Catharine: Yeah, me too. I don’t know if it’s worth losing a challenge to get rid of her, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken if we lost and had to vote her out.

Paula: Is anyone here really attached to her?

Catharine: I know you’re not.

Paula: Damn straight.

(confessional) Catharine: So Paula wants to lose the challenge on purpose. I wasn’t really too crazy about the idea, but the first chance I have to vote against Rachel, I am sure as hell taking it.

Paula (to Antonio): So are you OK with the idea of losing the challenge on purpose?

Antonio: Why, so we can get rid of Rachel?

Paula: That’s what I want to do.

Antonio: We have to make her sit the challenge out if this is going to work.

Paula: Or she could play; it’s not like she has a clue how to win anything anyway.

Antonio: Or we could convince her we’re throwing the challenge to get rid of someone else.

Paula: You’re too good. You can tell her you want to get rid of me.

(confessional) Antonio: Paula wants to throw the challenge. All I know is I’m in.

(confessional) Paula: I’m going to have Antonio and someone else tell Rachel that we’re throwing the challenge to get rid of me. She might even be dumb enough to buy it. (pause) I just hope those don’t turn into my famous last words.

Paula (to Jason): So here’s what I think we should do.

Jason: I’m listening.

Paula: We tell Rachel that the plan is to throw the challenge. I’ll keep my mouth shut about it, because we’re telling her that you want to get rid of me.

Jason: What makes you think we won’t get rid of you?

Paula: I don’t know; I just thought you guys would want to kick off Rachel for being lazy.

Jason: Well, we do. I just hope this doesn’t start a losing streak or something.

Paula: Relax; we’ll be better off without her.

(confessional) Jason: I just hope Paula’s right about throwing the challenge. I’ll do it and everything, since I’ve been sick of having Rachel around since the day she joined our tribe. She’s dead weight, and all she does is complain and cry for cigarettes.

Jason (to Rachel): So here’s the deal. We lose this challenge, and Paula’s gone.

Rachel: You want to kick off Paula?

Jason: She’s too bossy, and I think she’s holding us back.

Rachel: I’m in! Are we going to have her sit the challenge out?

Jason: I think we can ask her to.

(confessional) Rachel: Finally, we’re going to get rid of Paula! It’s about time we shut that motormouth up! All she does is yell at people!

(confessional) Jason: So the plan is working to perfection. Everyone wants to lose the challenge, and even Rachel’s dumb enough to think we’re keeping her!

The camera pans back to Nishino Shima, as all three tribes paddle in.

Jeff: Come on in guys!

The tribes take their places, as Jeff stands in front of a large fire that wasn’t previously there.

Jeff: First thing’s first – Charlie, Kevin…give it up.

Charlie and Kevin hand back their tribes’ halves of the immunity idol.

Jeff: Immunity, back up for grabs. Let’s get to today’s challenge. You will all take part in this six-part obstacle course. You will start out by scaling this cargo net and navigating it back and forth, going from top to bottom. When you reach the end of the cargo net, you will reach an encrypted puzzle. Each number will correspond to a letter; you will use this dial to solve the puzzle. Once you have the puzzle done, you will cross this set of monkey bars. Keep in mind that it is 40 feet long, and if you drop, you have to start the monkey bars over. After that, you will navigate a balance beam; if you fall off, you go back to the beginning of the beam. Once you get to the end of the beam, you will have to climb a ten-foot wall using a rope. Once you’re over the rope, you will solve a sliding puzzle. Once you have the piece with the knife close to the edge where you can take it out, use the knife to cut the rope and raise your flag. If you finish first, you win immunity. Oh, and there’s one more thing.

The camera pans back to the three tribes.

Jeff: Hand over your buffs. This is an individual challenge.

The tribes’ collective jaw drops, but all of the Survivors comply, and the buffs are left in a pile on the ground.

Jeff: You will not compete as tribes here; instead, you will compete in four heats. Each heat will have four people, who will be randomly selected. If you win your heat, you are immune from the vote and have a chance to run the course again. The top three finishers in that heat will have a huge impact on the tribal makeup from here on out. Also, those three will attend Tribal Council tonight but cannot be voted out.

The tribes are seen grumbling among themselves.

Jeff: In addition, even if you don’t win your heat. You will randomly draw one of the six events. Two people will take each event, and the winner of each event wins immunity. The six who do not win these events will be the only ones who are vulnerable tonight.

The tribes are still together, with very little mingling between tribes.

Jeff: Needless to say, no one will be sitting this challenge out. Everyone needs to reach in here and draw for a heat.

Charlie, Kevin, Paula, and Harriet are each shown drawing for a heat.

The camera pans back to the obstacle course, close to the beginning. Four people are at the start, but it is not clear who they are.

Jeff: The first heat is for Catharine, Maria, Loretta, and Danny. Survivors ready?

Survivors take their positions. At this point, before the challenge begins, the screen pans to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Nishino Shima, Day 8. The camera pans to Catharine, Maria, Loretta, and Danny ready for the obstacle course.

Jeff pauses for no other apparent reason than drama.

Jeff: GO!

All four Survivors take off and start scaling the cargo net. Catharine is the first one to reach the top.

Jeff: Catharine at the top! Get down the net now!

Catharine has an obvious lead while Loretta struggles to keep up.

Jeff: Catharine through the net! Next up is the number puzzle! Get to work!

Danny and Maria are neck and neck through the end of the cargo net. Loretta can’t get through it.

Jeff: Danny through the net! Maria through the net! Don’t give up, Loretta!

Maria begins working furiously on the puzzle. She sees the numbers “27 9 18 16 10 18 24 1 5 9 19 25 8 19 38.” She has a few scattered letters and appears even with Catharine.

Jeff: Catharine and Maria neck and neck! Danny not too far behind!

Loretta arrives at the puzzle, and Catharine finishes.

Jeff: You have it, Catharine! Go to the monkey bars!

Catharine looks to have no trouble with the monkey bars and is finished as Maria is ready to start.

Jeff: Catharine with a huge lead! Maria, don’t give up! Danny just finished with the puzzle!

Loretta almost finishes the puzzle, but Maria and Danny are to the monkey bars.

Catharine reaches the end of the balance beam on her first try.

Jeff: Catharine! Climb that wall!

Maria touches down from the monkey bars and starts walking the balance beam.

Danny arrives at the beam soon after.

Jeff: Maria and Danny in a close battle for second! Second does you no good; you have to win.

Catharine tries to scale the wall but fails and kicks the wall.

Jeff: Keep going, Catharine; you have a big lead!

Maria reaches the end of the beam while Danny falls off.

Jeff: Danny, go back to the start! Maria, get to the wall!

Loretta finally finishes the monkey bars and is even with Danny at the start of the beam.

Jeff: Loretta back in it! Just the balance beam separates last place from first!

Maria grabs the top of the wall and begins to pull herself up.

Maria: Almost…come on…

Maria struggles but gets up the wall faster than Catharine.

Jeff: Maria over the wall! Solve that puzzle!

Loretta crosses the balance beam and immediately takes a flying leap up the wall.

Jeff: Loretta wastes no time with that wall! Get over that wall and try to catch Maria!

Loretta is ahead of Catharine, who scales the wall in third place. Danny just gets to the end of the beam.

Jeff: It’s between the three women for the puzzle!

The camera shows Loretta and Maria neck and neck with the puzzle, and both are shown taking the knife piece out.

A hand cuts a rope, and a flag raises.

The camera pans to Loretta.

Jeff: Loretta wins immunity!

Maria walks away from the puzzle angrily.

Jeff: Maria, Catharine, and Danny will all take one event later on. The next four Survivors need to take their positions.

The next four to compete are Charlie, Rachel, Steve, and Billy.

Jeff: Survivors ready?

All four signal readiness.

Steve and Billy are the quickest off the line, but Charlie catches up to them at the top of the net.

Jeff: Steve and Billy in front! Charlie not far behind!

Rachel gets her leg caught in the net.

Rachel: Damnit! Someone help me!

Jeff: Sorry Rachel; you have to get out of this.

Charlie comes out of the net neck and neck with Steve, with Billy trailing.

Jeff: Charlie, Steve, start doing that puzzle!

The puzzle is the same as in the first heat, and Steve finishes first.

Jeff: Steve gets to the monkey bars first!

Charlie finishes the puzzle and is only a few feet behind Steve. Billy is in a somewhat close third, and Rachel is just at the puzzle.

Jeff: Steve at the end of the monkey bars! It’s onto the balance beam!

Steve falls off the balance beam right away.

Jeff: Steve having trouble with the balance beam! It’s anyone’s game now!

Charlie reaches the balance beam and starts crossing it slowly.

Jeff: Charlie and Steve neck and neck! Billy needs to catch up! Rachel, you’re not out of it yet!

Rachel is shown struggling with the number puzzle.

Steve is shown as the first to finish the balance beam, with Charlie right behind.

Jeff: Steve and Charlie at the wall! Billy, you’re still in it!

Charlie leaps up the wall as Loretta had, leaving Steve behind.

Jeff: Charlie over the wall! Solve that puzzle!

Charlie begins working on the puzzle while Steve struggles with the wall. Billy arrives at the wall with Steve.

Rachel is shown still at the puzzle, and she appears not to be working on it.

Jeff: Rachel, you’re not out of it until someone wins!

The camera pans to a flag raising.

Jeff: Charlie wins immunity!

Billy and Steve throw their arms in the air in frustration while Rachel sulks back to the sidelines.

Jeff: Loretta and Charlie are immune so far. The next to compete will be Harriet, Jason, Paula, and Becky.

All four take their positions as instructed.

The four signal to Jeff.

It’s a dead heat between all four until Harriet falls down on the cargo net.

Jeff: Harriet, get back up!

Becky is the first to finish the net, and she has a clear advantage.

Jeff: Becky, start on the puzzle!

Jason is next to get through the net, while Paula and Harriet are far back in third.

The puzzle is the same as before, and Jason finishes it first.

Jeff: Jason has it! Go to the monkey bars!

Soon after, Becky begins chasing him on the bars and passes him.

Jeff: Wow, look at Becky go!

Becky lands quickly with a lead over Jason and starts on the balance beam; she’s the first to run across it, and she makes it without touching down.

Jeff: Becky’s to the wall now!

Becky: Now how am I going to do this?

Jason reaches the balance beam and makes it halfway before falling off.

Jeff: Jason, back to the start! Paula’s on your heels!

Becky finally scales the wall and reaches the puzzle.

Jeff: Becky to the puzzle now! Jason and Paula, you’re not out of it!

Paula finishes the beam right before Jason and begins leaping up the wall. At the same time, Harriet is crossing the monkey bars at a slow pace.

Jeff: You still have a chance, guys!

Immediately, Becky takes the knife piece out and cuts her rope, raising her flag.

Jeff: Becky wins immunity!

Paula drops down from the wall after reaching the top with just her hands.

Jeff: Becky, you join Charlie and Loretta in the final heat. We need one more. Antonio, Abdullah, Elaine, Kevin, take your spots.

All four run over to the start line.

All four give a signal.

Abdullah and Kevin start off with a small lead over Elaine, while Antonio appears to fall behind on the net.

Jeff: Kevin and Abdullah seem to be in front!

Kevin flops down one level and has trouble getting back up. Abdullah and Elaine take the lead over him.

Elaine’s the first out of the net.

Jeff: Elaine’s first out of the net! Get started on that puzzle!

Again, it’s the same puzzle. Abdullah catches up and seems to solve quickly while Kevin reaches the puzzle.

Jeff: Abdullah says he has it…

Jeff checks his work.

Jeff: Go on, Abdullah!

Abdullah starts on the monkey bars, and Antonio is on Elaine and Kevin’s heels at the puzzle.

Jeff: Don’t get too cozy, Abdullah; they’re on your heels.

Kevin starts on the monkey bars soon after, with Elaine then finishing the puzzle.

Jeff: Abdullah to the end of the monkey bars!

Abdullah starts on the balance beam. He makes it halfway slowly and then Elaine gets to the beam.

Jeff: Elaine to the beam! Be careful on that!

Antonio passes Kevin, who’s having trouble on the monkey bars, and gets to the balance beam first.

Jeff: Kevin struggling with the monkey bars!

Elaine and Abdullah finish the beam at almost the same time, but Abdullah seems to do better at the wall.

Jeff: Come on, Antonio and Kevin; you still have a chance!

Abdullah has his arms over the top of the wall and starts pulling himself over. Elaine can’t get over the wall.

Kevin then arrives at the wall and starts leaping.

Jeff: Abdullah has it! Get to the puzzle!

Everyone is at the wall except Abdullah, who’s on the puzzle.

Jeff: Elaine can’t do the wall! Kevin thinks he has the hang of it!

Abdullah’s flag rises at that point.

Jeff: Abdullah wins immunity!

All the others walk slowly back to the sidelines while Abdullah does a strange victory dance.

Jeff: Abdullah, take a breather; you will be competing with Becky, Charlie, and Loretta for control over the game.

The camera pans back over the obstacle course.

Jeff: OK, so Loretta, Charlie, Becky, and Abdullah are competing for immunity. Remember, what place you get will determine the amount of control you have. The top three finishers will go to Tribal Council with immunity; last place still has immunity but will not beat Tribal Council. Survivors ready?

All four winners take their places.

Becky is the fastest starter, with Loretta and Abdullah right behind. Becky takes a clear lead out of the cargo net.

Jeff: Becky gets to the puzzle first!

The puzzle is different, but it isn’t clear what it says. Charlie catches up and starts working on the puzzle.

Jeff: Becky says she has it…

Jeff looks at Becky’s work.

Jeff: That’s not correct. Try again—wait, Charlie, you have it?

Jeff looks at Charlie’s work.

Jeff: You have it; go on.

Charlie starts scaling the monkey bars while Loretta and Abdullah are working on the puzzle.

Jeff: Becky says she has it now…she does! Go on!

Loretta and Abdullah then keep working on the puzzle, but Charlie has a clear lead with Becky close behind.

Jeff: Charlie at the balance beam! Becky on his heels!

Charlie takes the balance beam slowly while Becky sprints across it.

Jeff: Becky and Charlie at the wall at the same time! Both showed they can leap up the wall last time!

Both Becky and Charlie leap up the wall, leaving Loretta and Abdullah at the balance beam far behind.

Jeff: Someone here’s getting the top prize in this challenge!

Becky: Is it food?

Jeff: No, Becky; it’s not food.

Becky: Never hurts to ask.

Charlie and Becky furiously solve the puzzle, which it turns out is a mirror image of the last puzzle.

A rope is cut and a flag raises.

A dramatic pause ensues.

Jeff: Charlie wins!

Charlie spears the table with his knife in celebration.

Jeff: Becky gets second place!

Becky (to Charlie): Hey, good challenge.

Charlie: You think we can stay tribemates?

Becky: I hope. We’re unbeatable.

Abdullah and Loretta are at the wall, and Loretta appears to clear it first.

Jeff: It’s a close battle for third place! Loretta has the lead now!

Loretta starts in on the final puzzle while Abdullah struggles with the wall.

Abdullah: Damn my luck going last…

Loretta cuts down her rope and her flag raises.

Jeff: Loretta gets third place!

Charlie, Becky, and Loretta all stand together in front of Jeff.

Jeff: The three of you will have a hand in who goes home tonight. You will also have a hand in the future of the game, starting tomorrow. I’m not going to tell you how.

The other twelve players stand in front of Jeff now.

Jeff: Six of you will be free from Tribal Council and will stay here on Nishino Shima while Tribal Council goes on. You will each draw for events.

All twelve players pick an event and wait for instructions, with each event having two people by it.

Jeff: Paula and Danny, the first to navigate the cargo net will win immunity. Survivors ready? GO!

Paula and Danny immediately take off, with Danny having a slight lead. Paula struggles with the first part, and Danny grabs a lead. Danny tumbles, and Paula pulls even. The end looks to be pretty close, as both are seen coming out of the net.

Jeff: Paula wins immunity!

Danny walks away slowly while Paula runs back to the sideline.

Jeff: Jason and Antonio will solve the same puzzle the four heat winners solved. The first to do so wins immunity. Survivors ready? GO!

Antonio starts working quickly and seems to be making more progress than Jason. Jason’s puzzle appears almost full, but a pan back to Antonio shows he seems to have it.

Jeff: Antonio says he has it…

Jeff looks over his work.

Jeff: Antonio wins immunity!

Jason takes his spot next to Danny as the vulnerable players.

Jeff: For the monkey bars, Rachel will take on Elaine. The first to cross wins immunity. Survivors ready? GO!

Rachel works slowly and deliberately while Elaine appears to struggle. Rachel carries a lead with her until Elaine drops from the bars. As she begins again, Rachel drops close to the end.

Jeff: Rachel wins immunity!

Rachel begins shouting unclearly, and Elaine walks with her head down back to the side.

Jeff: OK, for the balance beam, Maria goes against Catharine. Survivors ready? GO!

Maria starts walking slowly while Catharine sprints across. Catharine makes one last leap and doesn’t appear to make it to the end.

Jeff: Catharine, you’re just short of the goal. Go back to start.

Catharine: Oh, come on; I made it!

Jeff: You were about two feet short. You have to go back.

Catharine complies angrily, but Maria has a huge advantage by this point, almost to the end.

Jeff: Maria wins immunity!

Catharine storms back off to the side while Maria drops to her knees.

Jeff: I know Catharine doesn’t like the call, but she’s going to Tribal. At the wall, Kevin takes on Harriet. Survivors ready? GO!

Kevin takes one leap up the wall and reaches the top; he begins to pull himself up while Harriet struggles with the rope. She tries at the last second to leap, but she sees Kevin over the wall.

Jeff: Kevin wins immunity!

Harriet walks nonchalantly back to the sidelines.

Jeff: The last two are Steve and Billy for the knife puzzle. Survivors ready? GO!

The puzzle is the same mirror-image puzzle the heat winners worked on. Billy takes a lead at the beginning but gets stuck, and Steve starts working quickly. The next scene shows a flag raising and an arm raised.

Jeff: Steve wins immunity!

Steve joins the others who are exempt from Tribal Council on the side.

Jeff: Charlie, Becky, and Loretta will be attending Tribal Council with immunity. Billy, Catharine, Danny, Elaine, Harriet, and Jason will all be eligible to be voted out. The rest of you will stay here by the fire tonight, along with whoever survives Tribal Council. Then, in the morning, we will shape the face of the game.

Images of Charlie cutting his rope and Becky dashing across the balance beam appear before the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Nishino Shima, Day 9. All 16 players are gathered, as all are discussing who should be voted out.

(confessional) Paula: At Taira, we had a plan to lose the challenge to get rid of Rachel. Then, when we get here, Jeff tells us it’s not a tribal challenge. The bad news is that Rachel got immunity. The good news is that I did too.

(confessional) Charlie: So I’m off to Tribal Council tonight. At least I can’t be voted off, so that has to count for something.

Becky (to Charlie): By my count, there are four Minamoto going to Tribal tonight. All we need is a united tribe, and we can swing someone and control the vote.

Charlie: I like how you think. Who can we work with?

Becky: I don’t know; I’ll see if I can ask Loretta if she would work with us.

The camera switches to Becky talking to Loretta.

Becky (to Loretta): So, if you had a choice, who would go?

Loretta: Is there anyone on your tribe you want to get rid of?

Becky: You mean Elaine or Danny? I hadn’t really thought about it.

Loretta: All I remember is that Rachel was useless when we were at the Geisha, she was useless. And Elaine couldn’t beat her. Rachel practically gave up here, and then Elaine lost to her.

Becky: I know, but is she really a threat if she can’t beat Rachel?

Loretta: Hmm, good point.

Becky: What about your tribe? Anyone there?

Loretta: Harriet did pretty badly, but I trust her. We can work with her.

Becky: OK, so the three of us and Charlie swing someone to vote off the gold tribe?

Loretta: I guess we could do that.

The camera pans to Charlie talking to Harriet.

Charlie (to Harriet): So wait, you would vote with us to get rid of one of the Taira guys?

Harriet: I can be talked into it. Besides, they wanted to join with us to get rid of one of yours.

Charlie: Go on…

(confessional) Harriet: I wonder how much lying I can get away with until it comes back to bite me. Those red guys haven’t been around me, though, so they have no idea what I can do to them.

Charlie (to Danny): So we vote Jason or Catharine.

Danny: As long as it isn’t me.

Charlie: I talked to Harriet from the purple tribe.

Danny: And she’s good with it?

Charlie: That’s what she told me.

The camera switches to Catharine talking to Harriet.

Catharine (to Harriet): So there’s three of you and two of us. We can get one of those Minamoto people out.

Harriet: I know, but if we’re going to do it, we need to vote of Danny. He’s more of a threat.

Catharine: He did lose as bad as Elaine.

Harriet: No, he didn’t. He didn’t lose to Rachel.

Catharine: Good point.

(confessional) Harriet: I just set out to deflect the gold people against the red people. Now my tribe should be pretty safe.

The camera pans to Tribal Council as the sky turns dark. Nine people file in, and none of them are carrying torches.

Jeff: Behind each of you is a torch; those of you who haven’t been to Tribal Council yet, take your torch and dip it into the flame. Fire represents life; as long as you have fire, you’re still in this game. Once your fire is gone, so are you.

All nine Survivors sit down.

Jeff: So here we are on the eighth day, and we have people from three different tribes here. How many of you saw this coming?

Charlie: I did.

Harriet: Oh, be quiet.

Jeff: Three of you earned immunity for this challenge. The rest of you are on the block. Catharine, how much of this is based on tribal lines?

Catharine: Everything. None of our members won their heat, so we’re pretty much out of the loop for whatever happens tomorrow. Besides, what’s to say that the other two tribes don’t decide we’re useless and try to pick ups off?

Jeff: Or what’s to say they don’t decide you’re useful and try to work with you?

Jason: That crossed our mind as well. The guys from Minamoto have looked unbeatable the whole time. In that lockbox challenge, I think both Taira and Fujiwara saved their best stuff for Minamoto, and when we couldn’t gang up on them, we won.

Jeff: What does that say about how the votes might shake down?

Jason: Ideally, we join with Fujiwara and take a numbers advantage, and there’s nothing Minamoto can do.

Elaine: And if you’re going to do that, all we have to do is swing one of you and the numbers advantage is ours again. It’s a risk you feel like you have to take, but it might backfire.

Jason: There are only four of you; if we set our minds to picking you off, there’s nothing you can do about it.

Elaine: And if we do the same, you’re done too, just more quickly.

Jeff: Looks like there’s no love lost between Minamoto and Taira.

Catharine: Well, more than anything, we just want to beat them, and the thing that hurt the most was losing to a Minamoto. Nothing against Maria personally, but she’s on a tribe that has a huge target.

Jeff: Charlie, do you think you have a target like that?

Charlie: I could. All I can do is keep winning, and that way no one can vote me out.

Jeff: Is that pretty much how you play, Becky?

Becky: It’s a lot easier than trying to please with other people who probably want you out.

Jeff: OK then. Remember, Charlie, Becky, and Loretta cannot be voted for; everyone else is fair game. It is time to vote. Charlie, you’re up first.

Charlie walks up to the voting booth and writes down a name; it is not shown who got his vote.

Next to vote is Becky, whose vote is not shown.

After Becky, Loretta is seen at the booth; her vote is not shown.

Elaine votes next, and her vote is not shown, but her speech his heard.

Elaine (to vote camera): Maybe this will teach you to keep your mouth shut at Tribal Council.

Billy gets up to vote; his vote is not shown.

Danny votes, and the name he writes down is that of Jason.

Danny (to vote camera): Clearly you don’t have any idea how to play this game. That’s bad for you, but I really don’t care.

Harriet votes next; her vote is not shown, but her speech is heard.

Harriet (to vote camera): No one suspects a thing this time.

Jason gets up to vote next; his vote is not shown.

Catharine is the last to vote; she writes down Elaine’s name.

Catharine (to vote camera): Five of us, and four of you.

Catharine walks back and sits down.

Jeff: I’ll go tally the votes.

Jeff goes and gets the voting urn, walks off to tally it, and the screen pans to the Survivors sitting and awaiting the results.

Jeff then comes back and faces the Survivors.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff reaches in his urn.

Jeff: First vote…Elaine.

Elaine says nothing as the camera pans to her.

Jeff: …Jason. One vote Jason, one vote Elaine.

Jason looks over at Elaine.

Jeff: …Jason. Two votes Jason.

Another pause as Jeff takes out another vote.

Jeff: …Elaine. Two votes Elaine, two votes Jason.

Elaine and Jason and sitting next to each other and have no expression.

Jeff: …Catharine. That’s one vote for Catharine.

Catharine appears surprised.

Jeff: …Elaine. Three votes Elaine.

Jeff takes out another vote.

Jeff: …Jason. Three votes Elaine, three votes Jason, one vote Catharine.

The screen pans again to Elaine and Jason.

Jeff: …Elaine. One vote left.

Jeff takes out the last vote.

He unfolds it.

Jeff: The last vote…

The screen pans to the contestants.

Jeff: …the third person voted out of Survivor: Japan…Elaine. Elaine, you need to bring me your torch.

Elaine gets up without a word and puts her torch in the holder. Jeff take his snuffer out.

Jeff: Elaine, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Elaine’s torch.

Jeff: Tonight’s Tribal Council was clearly like no other. I imagine that a lot of you were planning for your tribe coming here, but this is an early reminder that this is an individual game and that any plans you make may be useless the next minute. Grab your torches; head on back to camp. Goodnight.

The eight remaining Survivors file out with their torches as the screen credits roll.

Jeff (voice-over): Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

Cut to commercial and input from corporate sponsors.

Back from commercial.

Jeff (voice-over): Next time on Survivor…Charlie, Becky, and Loretta all have a big decision to make.

Jeff (still on Nishino Shima): Minamoto, Taira, and Fujiwara as you know them are no more.

Jeff (voice-over): Everyone’s still fed up with Rachel.

(confessional) Rachel: All these people just work too hard for me. It’s ridiculous. Maybe they would be happier if they took a break.

Jeff (voice-over): And the Survivors have to do something completely different for immunity.

Charlie: What is this, some kind of weird strategy game?

The camera pans to some of Survivor’s sponsors before switching to Elaine.

Elaine (final words): I guess I got voted out because I spoke my mind and the other tribes were afraid of my tribe. I wasn’t afraid of anything, and the other tribes knew it. Best of luck to my tribemates; don’t be afraid of anything those other scared people want to do to you. Minamoto all the way!

5 votes Elaine: Billy, Catharine, Harriet, Jason, Loretta

3 votes Jason: Becky, Charlie, Danny

1 vote Catharine: Elaine

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •