The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I Just Hope I Don’t Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off”"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-30-06, 11:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I Just Hope I Don’t Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off”"
The camera presents an overview of the Ogasawara island group.

Jeff (voice over): Previously on Survivor…Charlie, Becky, and Loretta were rewarded for performing well in the third immunity challenge.

Jeff: Charlie, as the top finisher in yesterday’s challenge, you get first pick of tribemates. Charlie will pick first, then Becky, then Loretta, and then back to Charlie--

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie hung onto a few of his tribemates—

Charlie: Steve.

Charlie: Maria.

Jeff (voice-over): While Loretta did the same.

Loretta: Billy.

Loretta: Harriet.

Jeff (voice-over): Becky and Paula were reunited at the new Fujiwara.

(confessional) Becky: If I can’t have Charlie on my tribe, at least Paula’s here. I’m happy to be the one who helps win challenges as long as I don’t actually have to be a leader.

Jeff (voice-over): And not everyone was happy about Maria’s penchant for nudity.

Maria: I’m just having fun.

Steve: Well, find another way of having fun.

Jeff (voice-over): At the immunity challenge, The Survivors competed head-to-head with throwing stars.

Images of people picking white and black stars dominate the screen.

Jeff (voice-over): Harriet had a little trouble with the rules.

Jeff: You used a black star when you were out of stars. That’s a rule violation. You’re out.

Harriet: That’s bulls---.

Jeff (voice-over): And it cost her tribe.

Jeff: Harriet, I’ll be seeing your tribe at Tribal Council tonight.

Jeff (voice-over): Rachel wanted to get Harriet out for losing the challenge.

Rachel (to Loretta): So do you think we need to get rid of Harriet?

Loretta: All I know is that I really don’t trust Harriet.

Jeff (voice-over): But not everyone was receptive.

Jason: Really, I’m not interested.

Rachel: Why not?

Jason: Because Billy and I are voting you out.

Jeff (voice-over): So Rachel changed her plan and tried to rally the women.

Rachel: We need to split them up. Then the girls can run the tribe.

Jeff (voice-over): At Tribal Council, Rachel and Harriet took their frustrations out on each other.

Harriet: I don’t have any problem taking it out on people who aren’t pulling their weight.

Rachel: You want to talk about pulling your weight? I didn’t try to attack Charlie when I was out of stars.

Jeff (voice-over): Despite the plan to vote the boys out, Harriet and Loretta still helped the guys vote Rachel out.

Jeff (snuffing Rachel’s torch): Rachel, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff (voice-over): Fourteen are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

The screen pans to shots of Japanese warriors in fierce battle, spliced with images of great ships and dojos. As pictures of gold coins and logos of “Survivor: Japan,” “Ronin,” and “Geisha,” begin to appear, the Survivor theme begins to play in the background while the castaways are shown in various outdoor images wearing their respective tribal buffs. This time, members of Minamoto are shown first in poses all seen in the first episode; the players appear in alphabetical order. Taira follows immediately, as does Fujiwara; each tribe’s members are shown in alphabetical order. The screen pans finally to a background of waves, ripples, and islands with the “Survivor: Japan” insignia superimposed over it.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Taira, Day 12. Billy and Jason are seen carrying firewood while Harriet prepares rice and Loretta’s trying to catch fish.

Billy (to Jason): She’s gone!

Jason: And it can’t come soon enough.

Billy: I just hope they don’t bring her back.

Jason: It’s hard enough living with her even if it’s not out here. She’s like a roommate who doesn’t pay rent and leaves pizza boxes lying everywhere.

Billy: I’d like to meet the guy crazy enough to marry her.

Jason: Scary that there is one.

Billy: I know.

(confessional) Jason: The old Taira tribe has been waiting since the second day to get rid of Rachel, one way or another. After enough time without her cigarettes, we hoped she would quit. Well, she didn’t, so we had to get rid of her the hard way.

Loretta walks back up the beach with a pair of medium-sized fish.

Loretta: I got breakfast!

Harriet: Good, now maybe that useless bimbo won’t eat all of it.

Loretta: Each of us gets to split one.

Harriet: That’s plenty for me. At least I get something.

Loretta: I know. I’m sick of just having the leftovers. (pause) I had to lie to her face, but it felt really good.

Harriet: I don’t mind lying to her face.

(confessional) Harriet: This time, I lied to the person being voted off. But this time, no one seemed to mind.

The camera switches to Fujiwara, Day 12. Paula is up early using the sling to catch fish while the others are still waking up.

Paula then comes back with fish on her sling.

Paula: Everyone up! It’s time to cook what I caught for you!

Catharine cranes her neck up at Paula with apparent difficulty getting up.

Catharine: You guys go ahead; I’ll pass.

Paula: Come on, Catharine; get up and eat. You need your energy.

Catharine: Has anyone ever told you that you work too hard?

Paula: No, never.

(confessional) Catharine: I wish I had Paula’s energy. I don’t think all of us together have her energy.

Paula: So today, we need to secure the roof on the spare shelter, catch some fish, cook the rice, make sure this fire keeps going, and maybe one of us is going to have to beat Becky one-on-one.

Becky: Don’t count on it.

Catharine: None of us are going to beat anyone at anything without a little energy.

The screen switches back to Nishino Shima, as all three tribes row in.

Jeff: Come on in guys!

All three tribes take their places on their tribe mats.

Jeff: Minamoto and Fujiwara getting their first looks at the new Taira tribe. Rachel voted out at the last Tribal Council.

On the Fujiwara mat, Paula is shown giving high-fives to Catharine and Antonio.

Jeff: Let’s get to today’s challenge. Each tribe has a string that’s four feet off the ground. You will build a fire using flint and a machete to burn through that string; when the string burns, a key will fall. Use the key to unlock the chest behind the fire; each chest will contain materials for building a long pole. Use that pole and tie the hook on the end of it to pull a barrel down. Inside the barrel is a sphere in your tribe’s color. The first tribe to place its sphere on their tribe’s platform wins reward. Wanna know what you’re playing for?

The tribe anxiously awaits what the reward will be.

Jeff: By now, I bet dehydration’s setting in, even if you have fire to boil water. You need energy, and frankly, you need something for your palates too. That’s why, to the winner of this challenge goes a supply of ice-cold Gatorade.

The tribes cheer wildly as they see Jeff open a refrigerator holding the Gatorade.

Jeff: There’s plenty of Gatorade here for everyone on one tribe. Also, Minamoto and Fujiwara, since you have extra members, you’re each sitting someone out; keep in mind that you cannot sit out the same person in back-to-back challenges. Minamoto, who’s it going to be?

Maria: I’ll sit this out.

Jeff: Maria, you’re sitting out for Minamoto. Fujiwara?

Paula: Antonio.

Jeff: OK, Maria and Antonio are sitting out. Everyone else, take your spots; wait for my go.

The other twelve line up by their tribes’ starting points.

Jeff: Survivors ready?

The tribes get into position.

Jeff: GO!

Every tribe scatters in different directions looking for firewood. Charlie stays back and starts looking for small shards and husks to start fires with.

Jeff: Charlie taking a little different approach!

Steve drops a pile of sticks at the fire ring, and Charlie starts trying to light his husks.

Jeff: Minamoto off to a bit of a lead!

Charlie: Get me some bigger logs!

Fujiwara starts dropping some firewood at the base of the ring as well, but so far, only Minamoto has any fire going.

Charlie: I need bigger logs already!

Jeff: Charlie needs bigger logs!

Charlie: Will someone get me some bigger logs already?

Kevin and Abdullah arrive at the fire ring with some bigger logs. Charlie peels off some bark.

Jeff: Charlie has his bigger logs!

Time elapses, and all three tribes have fire. Minamoto’s is clearly bigger.

Jeff: Minamoto is almost there! Get someone there to take that key!

Taira’s fire grows but is still a distant second.

Jeff: Minamoto has a key! Open that chest and get to work on the barrel!

Taira and Fujiwara are neck and neck, and both seem to get their keys at the same time.

Jeff: Minamoto, both tribes are on your heels! Get that pole!

Minamoto reaches to the top of the barrel and tries to pull it down. It breaks in half, and the barrel goes back up.

Charlie: Damnit, can someone jump?

Kevin starts leaping up to try to reach the half of the pole that’s still with the barrel.

At this time, both other tribes arrive at the barrel and start trying to carry it down.

Jeff: It all comes down to Minamoto’s leaping skills!

Abdullah takes a running dash at the barrel, and he appears to catch it, land, and Charlie braces it while it’s down.

Kevin grabs the sphere before any of the other tribes can and races to the platform.

Jeff: Minamoto wins reward!

The other barrels go back up with hooks still attached and dangling from them, and Minamoto gathers around with Maria to celebrate.

Jeff: Minamoto, the Gatorade will be waiting for you back at camp. Taira, Fujiwara, I’ve got nothing for you. Head on back to camp.

The closing images are of Minamoto celebrating its victory as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Minamoto, Day 12. The tribe is gathering around its new refrigerator, which is full of large bottles of Gatorade.

Steve: So how many different kinds do we have here?

Charlie: Anyone like this weird blue stuff?

Kevin: Give that here.

(confessional) Charlie: This Gatorade’s a far cry better than what we’ve been putting in our systems; that’s for damn sure. That and, once we get a little room in this fridge, we might be able to put some of our extra food in here. Wait, what extra food?

Maria: So wait, this is strawberry? I’ve never seen that kind before.

Charlie: Yeah, me neither.

Abdullah: Now all I need is my luxury item like everyone else here has.

Kevin: Speak for yourself.

(confessional) Abdullah: So Charlie has his flag, Steve has his deck of cards. Maria has what looks like some kind of suntan lotion. I don’t know what Kevin’s luxury item is…I don’t know.

Charlie: OK, anyone think they can beat me at poker?

Kevin: No, not really.

Charlie: Steve, get your ##### over here and play a little.

Steve: Don’t we have some work to do?

Charlie: No. Now get over here.

(confessional) Steve: None of us can beat Charlie at poker. I’m a little scared, though. I wonder if anyone can beat Charlie at the game. At this point, who’s to say Charlie won’t run the table at the challenges?

The camera switches over to Fujiwara, Day 13, after switching from night and back to day. Catharine is lying in the shelter talking to Paula.

Catharine (to Paula): When was the last time you had a day off?

Paula: What, like I didn’t go to work? I do take weekends, you know.

Catharine: What about taking a sick day?

Paula: Sick day? Oh, God no. I’m at work every day, come hell or high water. Then, when I get home, I got work to do there.

Catharine: What about weekends?

Paula: It’s called being a single mother.

(confessional) Paula: I work very hard at home, just like I work hard here. I have kids as young as six, and I try to set an example for them. It’s hard when I have to do it all myself.

Catharine: Maybe you need to take a day off.

Paula: What, like here?

Catharine: Right here. You just take a rest, enjoy the elements, and you’re going to have lots of energy for tomorrow.

Paula: Are you crazy? I need to finish the spare shelter—

Catharine: Danny and I will do that.

Paula: Get firewood—

Catharine: Becky’s been doing that.

Paula: And just who’s going to get food for us?

Catharine: Antonio can try his hand with the sling.

Paula: Antonio? The man’s almost sixty years—

Catharine: A monkey could catch fish with that thing.

(confessional) Paula: They actually talked me into taking the day off. I don’t know how they did it, but I’ve done no work all day.

Antonio comes back with some fish on a sling.

Antonio: How’s your day off?

Paula: Terrible. I want to do some work.

Becky: Here, Paula. If you want to work, play me in some one-on-one.

(confessional) Becky: Maybe with all that energy in a fighter like her, I’ll have some competition.

Becky tries to shoot over Paula, but she blocks it.

Becky: Nice one! Maybe you should take more days off so I can actually get a good game in here.

Paula: Don’t count on it, sweetheart. You’re still up by two buckets.

Becky: Come on, take it to the hole.

Paula runs around Becky and lays the ball into Fujiwara’s makeshift basketball hoop.

(confessional) Becky: For a while, I wanted Paula as a coach on my team, but now, I want her as a teammate. If you rest her and give her some time to practice, she’ll beat anyone.

The camera zooms out from Becky and Paula’s game over Fujiwara’s camp as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Taira, Day 14. Billy and Jason drop armfuls of firewood at the base of the fire ring, but the two seem to be trading sharp words.

Billy: I don’t know what the hell your problem is.

Jason: My problem is that I’m a man and I don’t need someone pushing me around.

Billy: I ain’t trying to push you around, dude. All I want is for you to do your job right.

Jason: That sounds awful bossy to me…dude.

(confessional) Jason: Apparently Billy thinks he can tell people what to do and how to do it just because he thinks he can do it better than any of us. It’s ridiculous. We get our fire, we get fed, and we…well, we need to win a challenge. Billy can’t do that.

Billy: All I think is that you can carry more wood if you put extra pieces in your hands and over your shoulders! Don’t get offended by that!

Jason: You know what makes me offended? Your sorry-##### performance in challenges. I got stuck on the loser tribe, and it’s your superior attitude that causes your tribe to keep losing.

Billy: My tribe? This is your tribe now, too. Get used to it.

(confessional) Harriet: All of a sudden, Billy and Jason don’t like each other. That’s good news for me; maybe they can make each other targets while I sit back and vote them out.

Loretta (to Billy and Jason): Come on, guys; we need to work together better than this if we ever want to win a challenge.

Jason: What the hell would you know about winning challenges?

Loretta: I made this tribe, sonny boy.

Jason: I made a big pile of s--- too, but I didn’t bring it here to this damn island.

Loretta: You better watch who you’re calling a pile of s---. That makes you a pretty big piece of s---.

(confessional) Loretta: If Jason doesn’t want to be a part of this tribe, he can ask us to vote him out, and I don’t think any of us have a problem doing so.

The camera switches to Nishino Shima as the three tribes row in for the challenge.

Jeff: Come on in, guys!

All three tribes take their spots.

Jeff: First thing’s first – Kevin, Paula – give it up.

Kevin and Paula hand over the two halves to the immunity idol.

Jeff: Immunity, back up for grabs. Let’s get to today’s challenge. Each tribe has four large puzzle pieces suspended by ropes about a hundred feet that way. On my go, one person from each tribe will run out and grab a piece, untie it, and bring it back. Once that person brings the piece back, he or she can tag a tribemate, who can then run out and get another piece. Once all four tribe members have pieces, they will then start working on this spinning puzzle. The first two tribes to finish the spinning puzzle will win immunity and be safe from tonight’s vote. One more thing – Minamoto and Fujiwara, you have one extra member each; you’re each sitting someone out. Minamoto, you sat out Maria last time; you cannot sit her out again. Who’s sitting this one out?

Charlie: I’ll sit out.

Jeff: Charlie sitting out for Minamoto. Fujiwara, you sat out Antonio last time; who’s it going to be this time?

Paula: Danny.

Jeff: Danny sitting out for Fujiwara. Everyone else, take your spots; wait for my go.

For the first run, Steve, Loretta, and Becky appear to be lined up.

Jeff: This is for immunity. Survivors ready?

All raise a hand.

Jeff: GO!

Becky has a clear lead on everyone as she arrives at the puzzle pieces first.

Jeff: Becky’s out in front if she can keep her lead!

Steve shows up and starts working, but the camera pans to Becky getting her piece.

Jeff: Becky has her piece! Come back and tag someone!

Loretta’s working on her piece as Steve gets his piece down and heads back.

Jeff: Steve has a piece! Come on back! Becky tags Antonio, and he’s off!

Antonio trips immediately after taking off.

Jeff: Antonio takes a nasty spill! You all right, Antonio?

Antonio: I’ll be OK.

Antonio starts running, this time without any trouble.

Jeff: Loretta back with her piece! Go, Harriet!

Harriet runs a bit more slowly than Antonio and has a clear disadvantage when she gets to the pieces.

Jeff: Kevin’s got it! Head back, Kevin!

Kevin takes a small lead with his tribe’s second piece.

Jeff: Antonio has it now! Fujiwara in second place! Keep going, Harriet!

Kevin drops his piece and tags Maria.

Jeff; Go, Maria! Your tribe is out in front!

Harriet starts running back with her piece as the camera pans to Antonio tagging Catharine.

Jeff: Go, Catharine! Taira’s on your tail!

Harriet drops her piece and tags Billy.

Jeff: Billy’s off! All three tribes on their third piece!

Maria quickly undoes her knot and runs back.

Jeff: Maria has her tribe’s third piece! Come back and tag Abdullah!

Minamoto’s last runner takes off as Maria drops her piece and catches her breath.

Jeff: Minamoto is way out in front! Abdullah, get that last piece!

Both Billy and Catharine start running back with pieces.

Jeff: Taira and Fujiwara have some catching up to do! Jason and Paula, take off!

Abdullah starts undoing his knots while Paula quickly catches up to him. Jason struggles with his knot while Paula makes quick work of hers.

Jeff: Minamoto, Paula’s on your heels! Jason, you have to catch up!

Abdullah and Paula both drop their last puzzle pieces.

Jeff: Minamoto and Fujiwara, get started!

Steve takes a piece for Minamoto and tries to align the spinning parts while Becky and Paula work opposite corners.

Jason sprints back with his last piece.

Jeff: Taira, get working!

Billy and Harriet take a piece to the top right and start aligning it.

Paula: Becky, spin your last one all the way around!

Becky: Do you think the middle one’s right?

Paula: If we get the middle one, we’re set. Catharine, take that piece over here.

Jeff: Paula thinks she has it.

Harriet drops on of her pieces into position.

Harriet: I got one! Guys, take some other pieces!

Jeff: Harriet’s the first to get a piece in!

Steve: Why isn’t this working?

Maria: Try spinning the middle section around.

Steve: That won’t work.

Maria: Try it.

Jeff: Minamoto can’t decide!

The screen shows Fujiwara with three pieces hooked in.

Paula: Spin that edge piece around!

Antonio and Becky drop it in.

Jeff: Fujiwara wins immunity!

Danny runs off the side to celebrate over the puzzle with his tribe.

None of Minamoto’s puzzle pieces are aligned, while Taira appears to have two in.

Harriet: Try this one over there, and just spin it so it fits!

Loretta: I hope you’re right.

Jeff: Taira might have it.

Loretta drops her tribe’s third piece in the puzzle.

Jeff: Taira’s one away! Minamoto, you can’t give up yet!

Charlie (from the sideline): I should have played this one.

Taira drops their last piece in.

Jeff: Taira wins immunity!

Harriet and Loretta drop to their hands and knees in exhaustion while the frustrated Minamoto players walk away from the puzzle.

Jeff: Taira and Fujiwara, no Tribal Council for you. For some of you, that’s a first. Minamoto, I’ll be seeing you tonight; one of you will be the fifth person voted out of this game.

Images of Fujiwara finishing up the puzzle and both winning tribes celebrating dominate the camera before the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Taira, Day 14. The tribe arrives at camp jubilantly.

Harriet: I just hope I don’t get bored without someone to vote off.

Billy (to Jason): You got lucky this time.

Jason: F--- off, pretty boy.

(confessional) Loretta: I guess that, even if we win, the boys still can’t be friends. It’s the same old story as before, except they know we’re all stuck with each other for a few more days.

Loretta (to Billy and Jason): Come on, guys; be happy. We won.

Jason: For once.

Loretta: Yeah, for once. Even if we don’t win again, we won this one.

Billy: I just wish we had something to celebrate with, like a beer.

Loretta: Yeah, you and me both. Even some of that Gatorade would be nice.

Harriet: And those boys that won the Gatorade have to vote someone out. I just hope they don’t vote out Abdullah.

(confessional) Harriet: I’m a little nervous that the red guys are going to vote out our guy Abdullah. At least if we lost, we could have controlled the vote, or if the purple guys lost, our guys wouldn’t be in danger.

The camera pans to Minamoto, Day 14. The tribe members are more scattered than usual.

Charlie (to Steve): So who are we going to vote out?

Steve: I don’t know. Kevin’s a bit of a defeatist.

Charlie: Why, because he’s no good at cards?

Steve: He’s no good at challenges, either.

(confessional) Steve: All I care about is deflecting the vote from me. People might think I lost the challenge, so I want to keep people’s attention off of that. So I’ll see if I can start some stuff and keep their attention off of the challenge.

Steve (to Maria): So should we vote as a tribe? The three of us against Kevin? We have the numbers.

Maria: I can do that, I guess.

Steve: What about Abdullah?

Maria: What did he ever do to us?

Steve: We can make it unanimous. Should I go talk to him, or should Charlie?

Maria: I’ll do it.

Steve: OK, have fun.

Maria: What, you think I can’t do it? I might be the only girl here, but you don’t have to sell me short—

Steve: You think I’m selling you short because you’re the only girl?

Maria: I don’t know; are you?

Steve: I’m selling you short because you spend all day walking around camp naked and it makes all of us sick.

Maria: I doubt that; you’re the only one I’ve made sick.

Steve: I’ve asked you not to do it, and you don’t listen.

Maria: Since when do you make all the rules here?

Steve (shouting at Maria): You have no respect for anyone! Not even yourself!

Maria: Why don’t we ask the other guys here if they care?

(confessional) Steve: I really don’t care what the other guys here think about her prancing around naked. The fact is, it offends me. If she had any respect for anyone, she would put her clothes back on. I’ve never even taken my shirt off here, and I don’t think anyone wants to see her the way they do.

Maria: I’ll ask the other guys if they mind; if even one says so, I’ll keep my clothes on.

Steve: You need to keep your clothes on just because there is one person it offends.

Maria: I mean someone who isn’t going to bore me with a bunch of feminist horses---.

Steve: It’s not horses---; it’s the truth.

Maria: The truth is, if you had any respect for me, you would let me do as I please. I take my clothes off here because I want to. It’s not for the guys; it’s for me.

Steve: You know I don’t believe that. You know you don’t believe that.

(confessional) Maria: Steve’s offended by my naked body…probably because he’s getting married and his girlfriend tells him to be offended by it. Maybe he needs to think for himself instead of letting his girlfriend or Charlie or someone make decisions for him.

Maria (to Abdullah): Look, I don’t care about tribal lines anymore. I want you, me, and Charlie in an alliance. I want Steve out.

Abdullah: For losing the challenge?

Maria: Umm, yeah, that’s it. For losing the challenge.

Abdullah: Or for getting on your case for being naked.

Maria (in her black bikini): It has nothing to do with that.

Abdullah: Most days you would be naked by now.

Maria: Most days we don’t have to vote someone off.

Abdullah: I hope you’re right about that. Have you talked to Charlie?

Maria: Only a little bit. He hates to go against his tribe, but he tells me we would have won if Steve had sat out instead of him.

Abdullah: What about voting out Kevin?

Maria: As long as it isn’t one of us, I don’t care.

Abdullah: ‘Us’ being…

Maria: You, me, and Charlie.

The camera switches to a sunset and the sky getting darker, as the members of Minamoto walk into Tribal Council.

Jeff: For those of you who haven’t been here before, behind each of you is a torch; take your torch and dip it into the fire to get flame. Fire represents your life here in this game; as long as you still have fire, you’re still in the game. When you fire is gone, so are you.

All five contestants take their seats.

Jeff: This was looking like a super-tribe until today. Charlie, no one could touch you. Then you try this spinning puzzle, and none of you can figure it out!

Charlie: I should have played. Maybe I could have helped.

Jeff: Do you really think you would have won if you had played?

Charlie: I don’t know.

Jeff: Maria, you’re the only woman on this tribe. You also got your piece undone more quickly than any of the guys did. Is there any blame to be passed around?

Maria: We all lost the challenge at the puzzle. We could blame Charlie for sitting out, but that’s ridiculous.

Jeff: So do the guys give you a hard time or anything?

Steve: Let me ask this. Was that work with the ropes just from years of practice?

Jeff: What do you mean?

Steve: Years of undoing your clothes for anyone who asks?

Jeff: Whoa, what are you talking about?

Steve: The first thing she does when we get back to camp is take her clothes off. She went all of yesterday naked.

Jeff: Maria, is this true?

Maria: Every word of it.

Jeff: Is this strategy?

Maria: Not at all. It’s just fun. I’ve enjoyed being naked since I was young. I was a little nervous doing it here with all guys, but it’s not a problem. I talked to Charlie and Abdullah, and neither of them seems to mind.

Steve: I told you several times I didn’t like it. All you do is get mad at me.

Maria: You’re the only one who said anything.

Jeff: Kevin, what about you? Do you have a problem with this?

Kevin: I am married, but I’ve never given my wife a reason to suspect anything, and she knows I don’t have anything to do with this. I just treat her normally whether she’s naked or wearing clothes. She could put on a chicken suit and it wouldn’t make a difference.

Jeff: Charlie, how’s this affecting the tribe?

Charlie: Well, I have to listen to those two yell at each other, but it’s no big deal. She’s like a crazy younger sister or something.

Jeff: Is there anyone at home who would mind you being here with her? You’re married, right, Charlie?

Charlie: I’m divorced. My son and I haven’t talked to my ex-wife in ten years. My son’s in college and he won’t say anything to me except, ‘Dad, you lucky son of a #####.’

Jeff: Is that how you see it?

Charlie: If she’s the craziest person out here, then we’re all pretty damn close to normal.

Jeff: Wow. So Maria, you seem to have a pretty good hand here in what happens. It is time to vote. Steve, you’re up.

Steve turns around and gives Maria a dirty look; she just smiles back. Steve walks up and votes for Kevin.

Steve (into vote camera): If we lose again, you’re not the problem. And Maria, if we lose again, you can go strip for someone else.

Charlie gets up to vote; his vote is not shown.

Kevin votes; again, his vote is not shown.

The next to vote is Abdullah; like the others, his vote is not shown.

Maria is the last to vote. She votes for Steve.

Maria (into vote camera): Go spout your garbage to someone who cares. (Pulling down her top to bare her breasts) And get a good look. It’s the last time you’ll see them.

Maria covers herself again and goes back to sit down.

Jeff: I’ll go tally the votes.

Jeff goes to get the voting urn as the screen pans to the contestants. Jeff returns with the urn.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff reaches in and grabs a vote.

Jeff: First vote…Kevin.

The camera shows Kevin with a slightly shocked look.

Jeff: …Steve. One vote Kevin, one vote Steve.

Jeff takes out another vote.

Jeff: …Maria. One vote Maria, one vote Kevin, one vote Steve.

All the Survivors sit patiently.

Jeff: …Steve. That’s two votes Steve. One vote is left.

Jeff reaches into the urn and takes out the vote.

He unfolds it.

Jeff: Last vote…

The camera focuses on the contestants again, and then it goes to a far shot of Jeff.

Jeff: …Kevin. We have a tie. If you voted for Steve, please come to my left; if you voted for Kevin, please come to my right.

Steve and Charlie go to Jeff’s right; Maria and Kevin walk over to Jeff’s left. Abdullah is the one shown to have voted for Maria.

Jeff: Your votes will not change. Abdullah, as the one who cast the odd vote, your vote will be the deciding one. You can vote out Steve or Kevin. If you decline to make this decision, all five of you will pick a rock out of this bag, including you, Abdullah. You will make your decision by voting as you just did. If you decline to vote, write the word ‘abstain’ on the parchment. Abdullah, you’re up.

Abdullah walk up slowly as the camera pans to several images, including torches, some Japanese inscriptions, and Abdullah writing down a name.

Jeff: I’ll go get the vote.

Jeff grabs the urn out of the voting booth and comes back to read it.

Jeff: Again, once the vote is read, the decision is final; the person voted out, if there is one, will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the vote.

Jeff reaches in and takes the voted out.

He unfolds it.

Jeff: The fifth person voted out of Survivor: Japan…

Jeff turns the parchment around.

Jeff: …Steve. Steve, that’s three votes; that’s enough. You need to bring me your torch.

Steve walks over and grabs his torch and silently puts it in the holder.

Jeff: Steve, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Steve’s torch. Steve does not look back as he walks off into the night.

Jeff: For a tribe that’s looked so unbeatable so far, you clearly have a few unresolved issues. If you can’t work together, you will tear each other apart, just as you did tonight. Grab your torches; head back to camp. Goodnight.

The tribe files out with four torches lit as the screen rolls to credits.

Jeff: Stay tuned for scenes from our next episode.

Cut to commercial and input from corporate sponsors.

Back from commercial.

Jeff (voice-over): Next time on Survivor…the tribes get some time to interact.

Charlie (to Harriet): Do you always steal the young men’s hearts?

Harriet: No, just yours.

Jeff (voice-over): And everyone has to break out.

Jeff: You will be locked into jail cells and will have to break yourselves out.

The camera pans to some of Survivor’s sponsors before switching to Steve.

Steve (final words): I never lied, I never cheated, and I never, and I repeat never, asked any girls to take their clothes off. To Shannon at home, I’m sorry you had to see that, and I hope you and I can get through this. I’ll see you soon; I love you.

2 votes Steve: Kevin, Maria

2 votes Kevin: Charlie, Steve

1 vote Maria*: Abdullah

* - Abdullah changed his vote to Steve in the tiebreak

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor: Japan News Article - Brok... Colonel Zoidberg 07-30-06 1
 RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I J... cahaya 07-30-06 2
   RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I J... Colonel Zoidberg 07-31-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-30-06, 11:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Survivor: Japan News Article - Broken Between Episodes 5 and 6"
NEWS: Japan's Charlie moved to be near a fellow castmate?

After the show, retired Navy captain Charlie Forrest appears to have left his Ann Arbor hom to be closer to one of his fellow castmates.

Reports from thesmokinggun.com indicate Forrest is now living somewhere in Tennessee near fellow Japan castmate Paula Stanley. The report does not say where in Tennessee Foorest moved and it does not say if he moved in with Stanley and her family.

"If Charlie and Paula are living together, does that mean they hooked up on the show?" asks The Smoking Gun. As of the fifth episode, Forrest and Stanley have never shared a tribe. The report speculates that both players made the merge; by the same vein, it is also possible that neither player makes the merge and they get close at Loser Lodge.

Both Forrest, 44, and Stanley, 35, are divorced with children; both are self-escribed single parents. In the fifth episode, Forrest indicates he has raised his only son, Derek, without his wife's assistance for the last ten years. Derek Forrest is still attending the University of Michigan.

Other reports said Forrest, despite a lifetime of hard work and energy and despite being known to have a new job, has been heard to say that he can't go out as much as he would like ever since "what happened to him." He appears to be deliberately vague about that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 14104 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-06, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I Just Hope I Don’t Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off”"
LAST EDITED ON 08-01-06 AT 03:25 PM (EST)

Keep it up, Colonel Zoidberg! I've been following your season, but I can't hazard a guess yet who will win or go out next. The alliances so far are fragile!

You know what? Your story reads like a good old-fashioned radio play, something not many people have had the treat to listen to. It would be easy to adapt your story to that format, with the addition of a narrator to cover the visuals). It leaves a lot to the visual imagination (oooo, nekkid!), while at the same time the contestants make their character and personality known through their voices.

Tribephyl's Foo dogs.

07-31-06, 02:25 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 5: I Just Hope I Don’t Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off”"
I thought of it a little that way...the alliances should be constantly evolving and will continue to do so, and the format would potentially benefit from visuals, but really, who needs them? That and I really don't know what I would do with the visuals. I gave a few hints as to what the castaways might sound like, but as for what they look like, go nuts with it (I didn't really intend for Maria to become the female Richard Hatch, considering I envision her as a 5'7" raven-haired European who is actually well-proportioned, but that's just what I had in mind, and that was why I didn't give the castaways' physical stats.)

Also, I haven't decided who the winner will be. I can tell you that there are a few twists that are largely my own invention, and there will be some disputes that get really personal, and I can also say that I think there will be more news blurbs like the one I wrote with this. Other than that, read into things all you want; I like it that way.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •