The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I Can’t Say You’re Not an Innovator”"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I Can’t Say You’re Not an Innovator”"
The camera presents an overview of the Ogasawara island group.

Jeff (voice over): Previously on Survivor…the tribe split into teams to compete for reward.

The eight Survivors are shown trying to score.

Jeff (voice-over): When Billy, Harriet, Kevin, and Paula won, they opted to split up and compete for a bigger reward. When Billy and Kevin won the bigger reward, Kevin wasn’t happy about Billy’s decision to compete for personal food delivery.

Kevin: This game is also about discretion. This game is about not trying to screw people over.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy was in no mood to help out any of his tribemates, even for the most basic requests.

Paula (shouting): Hey, can we get some water here?

Billy: Get it yourself!

Jeff (voice-over): Billy was even unaffected when Paula and Harriet called the medical team for Charlie, whose condition got worse before their eyes.

Paula: Someone get a medic for Charlie! I think he’s having heat stroke!

Billy: I don’t know what the hell the big deal is; it’s not even hot out!

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie was removed from the game and taken to a hospital, and after that happened, Billy began to regret his behavior.

(confessional) Billy: Yesterday I acted like a total s---head. I threw it in Paula’s face when she was just trying to help Charlie. In a way, I feel responsible for what happened to Charlie.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy even returned the food that was delivered for him.

Becky: Are you really telling them to take that back?

Billy: I’m telling them I don’t want it.

Jeff (voice-over): The next morning, the tribe got the news that Charlie was doing well, but that the game was over for Charlie.

Jeff: His chances of survival were always pretty good, but the recovery process may be a bit tricky. Charlie is no longer in the game and will no longer be competing for a million dollars.

Paula is shown holding onto Becky tightly; she appears to be in tears.

Jeff (voice-over): Seven are left. Who will be voted out tonight?

The screen pans to shots of Japanese warriors in fierce battle, spliced with images of great ships and dojos. As pictures of gold coins and logos of “Survivor: Japan,” “Ronin,” and “Geisha,” begin to appear, the Survivor theme begins to play in the background while the castaways are shown in various outdoor images wearing their respective tribal buffs. This time, members of Minamoto are shown first in poses all seen in the first episode; the players appear in alphabetical order. Taira follows immediately, as does Fujiwara; each tribe’s members are shown in alphabetical order. The screen pans finally to a background of waves, ripples, and islands with the “Survivor: Japan” insignia superimposed over it.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Night 27. The seven remaining Survivors are resting, with no member appearing to have much energy.

Becky: This is the hardest thing I’ve been through in a while.

Billy: No argument here. I haven’t lost a parent or anything like that, and all my grandparents are still alive, so this is the closest I’ve been to a life or death situation.

Becky: Do you think he would have made it if Paula hadn’t called for the medics?

Billy: Jeff said he would have, but I don’t know.

(confessional) Becky: Yesterday, we found out Charlie wasn’t coming back. He’s in the hospital, and none of us have been able to do anything since then. He was something to everyone. Maybe he wouldn’t have gone all the way, but it should have been Charlie, not a heart attack, that decided that.

Paula: I don’t know if I can do this anymore.

Becky: I know it’s hard; believe me, I know it’s hard. There’s no point in giving up, though.

Paula: I would never give up, but it’s still hard.

Becky: Do you know what Charlie would say to you if you gave up at this point?

Paula: The crazy thing about it is that, just six days ago, I couldn’t stand him. I thought he was a pig and a chauvinist and that he lived to give orders. After I gave him my reward, it gave me a lot of time to think. After that, I really connected with him.

Becky: Is it that easy to get attached to him in just a few days?

Paula: You did, didn’t you?

(confessional) Becky: She’s right; I did get attached to Charlie right away. Everyone got attached to him; there isn’t anyone who doesn’t like Charlie.

Maria: I need something to lift my spirits.

Abdullah: You and me both.

Maria: I just want to see him again. I want to make sure he’s OK.

Abdullah: That’s not it for me. I know he’s OK, and I know we will see him again.

Maria: I just know he would always stand with us.

(confessional) Abdullah: Aside from the worrying about Charlie’s well-being, I’ve also been worrying about my position in the game. I know that’s horrible at this point, but we’re still here in a game situation and it’s something to think about.

Harriet: I wonder what’s going to happen next. I just hope we don’t tear each other apart vying for the next reward.

Kevin: I’m done with that. No more of anything like that.

The camera switches to Nishino Shima, Day 28. The tribe rows in to meet Jeff.

Jeff: Come on in, guys!

All seven players take seats on seven wooden stool-like stumps.

Jeff: As you can guess, today’s reward challenge is not a lot like the last few rewards. For this reward, we decided to emphasize the reward and not worry so much about the challenge.

The camera switches to Jeff, who has a gavel in his hand.

Jeff: Welcome to the Survivor Auction.

All seven members begin to crack smiles and applaud.

Jeff: After what happened over the last three days, we thought it was time to give you guys a break. First thing’s first – everyone, I have money for you.

All seven Survivors come up and get packets of what appears to be Japanese money.

Jeff: In each of your bundles, you have 100,000 yen. That’s a little less than $1,000 U.S. by current exchange rates. Everyone has 100 bills, and all bids are in increments of 1,000 yen. All opening bids are pre-determined, and the auction will stop suddenly and without any warning. Discipline may be your friend, but it may be your enemy. If you want something, bid on it. I’ll start the bidding now.

Jeff reaches under the table; he pulls out a bagel and a dish of cream cheese.

Jeff: The first item is a bagel and cream cheese. I’ll start the bidding at 2,000 yen. Anyone?

Harriet: I’ll take it.

Becky: I’ll go 4,000.

Harriet: Five thousand.

Jeff: Five thousand yen to Harriet. Anyone?

Kevin: Six thousand.

Harriet: Seven thousand.

Jeff: Seven thousand yen to Harriet.

No one chimes in for a bid.

Jeff: Seven thousand yen going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Harriet for 7,000 yen. Come and get it, Harriet.

Harriet walks up and takes her bagel; she immediately covers it in the cream cheese, which is plentiful.

Jeff: Now, I know you guys might be a little sick of rice, but I can do you one better – chicken fried rice. This includes fresh veggies and even a scrambled egg. I’ll open the bidding at 3,000 yen.

Abdullah: I want that.

Becky: Me too. I’ll pay 5,000.

Abdullah: Seven thousand.

Kevin: Ten thousand.

Jeff: You guys are all over this one.

Abdullah: I’ll go 13,000.

Paula: Oh hell, I’ll put down 15,000.

Jeff: It’s 15,000 to Paula, going once, twice…

Becky: Twenty thousand.

Paula gasps and almost falls off her stool.

Jeff: I take it back; it’s 20,000 to Becky. Going once, twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Becky for 20,000. Becky, come and get it.

Becky walks up to get the dish of fried rice; it’s in a medium-to-large-sized bowl.

Jeff: Before you take this, I have an offer for you. You can take the fried rice, OR you can take what’s in this box. What’s in the box is a mystery; what’s in the bowl is—

Becky: What’s in the bowl is mine, Jeff; put that box away.

Jeff: OK then; let’s see what you passed up.

Jeff opens up the box to reveal a small bag of uncooked rice.

Jeff: Good choice, Becky.

Becky: You got that right.

Jeff: While we’re on the subject of fried things, here’s something else that’s fried – ladies and gentlemen, a double scoop of fried ice cream covered in hot fudge and caramel. I’ll open the bidding at 5,000 yen.

Billy: Five thousand yen.

Kevin: Eight thousand.

Abdullah: I’ll pay 12,000.

Paula: Fifteen thousand.

Jeff: This is pretty intense.

Maria: I have 20,000.

Billy: Twenty-five thousand.

Maria: I’ll go 30,000.

The rest of the tribe stops; Billy is seen thinking whether to bid.

Maria: And I’ll do the rest of the auction naked.

Billy: Go for it.

Jeff: OK then. We have 30,000 and no clothes going once, twice – sold (bangs gavel) to Maria for 30,000 yen. Come and get it.

Maria stands up, drops her bikini top, grabs her fried ice cream, and drops her bottom on the way back to her seat.

Billy: She just paid 30 grand to take her clothes off. I can pass up any amount of ice cream for that.

Jeff: Maria, I can’t say you’re not an innovator. You’re the first Survivor ever to use nudity as a currency.

Maria: You use what you have.

Billy: You have it; that’s for sure.

Jeff: OK, we have more for you guys. I have for you a dish of potato chips. They were just made this morning in our kitchen. The bidding opens at 5,000 yen.

Everyone hesitates to bid.

Abdullah: Oh, what the hell; 5,000 yen.

Jeff: Hold on, let me sweeten the offer.

Jeff reaches down and pulls out a cold mug of beer.

Jeff: If you win this item, you get this beer as well.

Billy: I’ll bid 50,000 yen.

Abdullah: Fine with me; I don’t drink anyway.

Jeff: This I wasn’t expecting. OK, 50,000 yen to Billy going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Billy for 50,000 yen.

Billy grabs the beer and only takes the chips when Jeff reminds him.

Jeff: Clearly you guys have deep pockets and are willing to spend for what you want. That’s what this auction is all about. That having been said, I have a mystery plate for you. I’ll start the bidding at 10,000 yen.

Paula: I’ll take a chance. Put me down for 10,000.

Jeff: We have a bid. Anyone want to raise it?

Abdullah: I’ll take 12,000 yen.

Jeff: We’re up to 12,000 yen.

Kevin: I haven’t made a bid yet. I’ll go…no, I’ll pass.

Paula: I won’t; gimme 20,000.

Jeff: We have 20,000. Going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Paula.

Paula walks up to her new plate of food.

Jeff: I hope you like it…

Jeff takes the cover off; Paula sees two pieces of fried chicken and an ear of corn on the cob.

Jeff: I hope you like fried chicken.

Abdullah: Why didn’t you tell me it wasn’t pork?

Jeff: That would have ruined the surprise.

Abdullah: I know, but even if it’s dung beetles, I can still eat it. I can’t eat pork.

Jeff: Makes sense. Now it’s time for a bit of a different direction. Some of you already have your luxury items; if you win this round of the auction, you will be the first Survivor ever to have two luxury items. This is a big deal, so I’ll open the bidding at 15,000 yen.

Billy: Give it here.

Paula: I don’t think so. I’ll pay 20,000.

Billy: Twenty-five thousand.

Abdullah: I’ll pay 30,000.

Kevin: Thirty-two thousand.

Abdullah: Forty thousand.

Billy: Fifty thousand.

Abdullah: I’ll pay 51,000.

Billy: You son of a #####.

Jeff: Abdullah just put Billy out of business. Fifty-one thousand going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Abdullah. Come get your luxury item.

Jeff takes out a book for Abdullah; the writing on the cover appears to be in Arabic.

Jeff: This would be your copy of the Qu’ran.

Abdullah: It’s been too long without this. Now how much for my prayer blanket?

Jeff: It appears to be 51,000 yen.

Abdullah: Sorry, it’s too rich for my blood.

Jeff: For the next item, we have something a little better – I know you guys are missing home, so for the winner of this round gets one letter from home.

The tribe collectively gasps; Billy snaps his fingers, thinking he’s beaten.

Jeff: I’ll open the bidding at 15,000 yen.

Becky: I’ll take it.

Paula: No way; I’ll go 25,000.

Billy: I’ll pay 50,000.

Jeff: Billy’s a big spender.

Billy: It worked the first time.

Paula: There’s a pretty big difference between a beer and a letter from home. I’ll pay 60,000.

Jeff: We have a 60,000-yen bid. Sixty thousand to Paula going once…twice…

Kevin: Sixty-five thousand.

Paula: Eighty thousand.

Jeff: That’s all you have. Eighty thousand to Paula going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Paula for 80,000 yen.

Jeff hands Paula her letter in a large, brown envelope; she takes it back and opens it. It appears to be from her children.

Jeff: That letter was written by your two oldest kids, Paula. It gets better, though. Paula got a good reward, but I have a better one. The winner of this round gets a twenty-minute phone call to a loved one. I’ll open the bidding at 20,000 yen.

Becky: I’ll pay that.

Kevin: I’ll go 30,000.

Becky: Forty thousand.

Abdullah: Forty-five thousand.

Billy: Fifty thousand.

Maria: I’ll pay 60,000.

Harriet: I’ll go 75,000.

Jeff: That didn’t take long.

Billy: I’m out.

Maria: I can’t go that high.

Jeff: Going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Harriet for 75,000 yen. You will enjoy the conversation after the auction; we have your husband, Rich, on the other end.

Harriet covers her face in obvious joy.

Jeff: There’s more, guys. For those of you who feel like you need to win immunity, I have something for you that will serve as an advantage in the next immunity challenge. You will hang onto this envelope and open it at the beginning of the next challenge. I’ll open the bidding at 10,000 yen.

Abdullah: I’ll make that bid.

Harriet: I can do 18,000 yen.

Abdullah: Sorry, Harriet. I’ll pay 20,000.

Becky: I’ll go 30,000.

Maria: I can pay 50,000.

Becky: I’ll pay 71,000.

Maria: Why do you do this to me?

Becky: Because I can.

Maria: As if you need an advantage.

Jeff: That’s 71,000 yen going once…twice…sold (bangs gavel) to Becky for 71,000 yen. Good work staying disciplined enough to take this advantage; you may need it.

The camera shows all the Survivors with varying amounts of yen left.

Jeff: With that, the Survivor Auction (bangs gavel) is over. Everyone except Harriet, take your bounty and head on back to camp; Harriet, come with me and get your phone call.

The tribe files out while Harriet splinters off; the screen pans to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 28. Abdullah, Becky, and Paula are all carrying things; all Maria is carrying is her bikini, which she sets down before grabbing her suntan lotion.

Paula: I like my letter and all, and I love my kids, but the minute Jeff said there was a phone call available, my heart sank a bit.

Billy: Your kids sure seem nice, though.

Paula: Believe me, they are. My oldest is 13 and an absolute genius. I like to think he takes after me.

(confessional) Kevin: We just came from the Survivor Auction and I was the only one who didn’t win anything. I made bids, but I left with the same thing I came in with. I didn’t even get a bite of that fried ice cream Maria took off her clothes for.

The camera switches to Maria sitting in the sand rubbing suntan lotion over her naked body.

Maria: If someone offered me another dish of fried ice cream right now, I don’t know what I would do to get it.

Billy: I don’t exactly have the ability to win just by taking my clothes off.

Maria: You don’t seem to have the desire, either.

Billy: What, me get naked? Are you crazy?

Maria: Hmm…you’re right. Most guys I know don’t like to be seen naked. I guess that’s why I was always more comfortable like this around other girls.

(confessional) Billy: If Maria’s strategy is to throw off my concentration with all this naked talk…I hate to say it, but it’s absolutely working. I handed her fried ice cream, and now I’m all but a captive audience to her.

Maria (face-up in the sand tanning, still naked): That’s how it was for me in college, really. The only things I learned in college were how to stay awake all night and how to make people want to get naked.

Billy is staring at Maria almost blankly.

Maria: I’m sorry; I’m talking a little too much about myself—

Billy: You didn’t hear that from me.

The camera switches to Nishino Shima, Day 28, where Harriet is preparing to receive a call from her husband.

Harriet picks up the phone.

Harriet: Hello? Is this Rich?

Harriet listens intently for the response.

Harriet: I have missed you like you wouldn’t believe. I’ve been out here for what seems like an eternity.

(confessional) Harriet: My husband and children are the most important people in my life. I’ve spent every moment of every day with complete strangers for the past 28 days, and all it’s done is make me miss my family. When I get home, we’re all getting together for dinner, even if I have to fly my son in from Seattle.

Harriet (into phone): I’ve played this game like a pro. I’ve lied, I’ve cheated, and I’ve done what I have to. At first, I hated to do it, but it was either lie my head off or go home, and I chose to lie my head off.

The camera switches to an outward view of Harriet talking.

Harriet: A few days ago, we lost one of our guys. He had a heart attack. It’s been hell up until today.

Jeff: You have five minutes.

Harriet (to Jeff, covering the receiver): Oh, OK.

(confessional) Harriet: Twenty minutes wasn’t nearly enough time to do all the catching up I needed to do with Rich, but I got a lot of things out that needed to be said.

The camera switches to Meiji, Day 28. Harriet is arriving by motorboat back at camp.

Harriet: I’m home, guys!

Becky: How was it?

Harriet: I needed more time. There’s just too much to tell him.

Maria slowly gets up and walks over to Harriet; she’s still unclothed.

Harriet: Well, fancy seeing you here, naked Maria.

Maria: I prefer natural Maria.

Harriet: I bet you do.

Maria: I hope you don’t mind.

Harriet: Listen, sweetheart. There isn’t a lot you can do to get me upset right now; I just spent twenty minutes talking with my husband.

Maria: What’s he like?

Harriet: Once you get married, you’ll understand. Wait, are you married?

Maria: Nope. I can’t imagine being married.

Billy: Don’t look at me; she turned my proposal down.

(confessional) Harriet: When I got back to camp, it was pretty obvious that Maria was working Billy over. I just hope he’s not too receptive. That or I hope it works to our advantage; if Maria flips, maybe we can split up Becky and Paula.

The camera fades away from camp as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 30. Abdullah’s reading his Qu’ran around the fire while Becky and Paula are playing one-on-one.

Harriet (to Billy): What’s Maria’s deal? Did she talk strategy?

Billy: I’m trying to get her over to our side. She was close to Charlie, but Charlie’s not here.

Harriet: We need another person to control the vote, though. Any thoughts on who that should be?

Billy: I’ll try to work with Kevin. He seems like a good fourth.

(confessional) Harriet: Billy and I are down five people to two at this point; we need to get two people to turn to our side. If Maria’s naked strategy pays off for us, we can turn the tables against Becky and Paula.

Billy: Remember, Becky has that immunity thing. I don’t know what that is. I hope it doesn’t give her too much of an advantage.

Harriet: If she wins, we can target Paula.

Billy: Should I play the idol?

Harriet: Not so fast.

The camera switches to Maria, who’s in her bikini at this point, emerging from the woods.

Maria: We have tree mail, guys!

Every Survivor gathers around the Tree Mail. Maria unfurls it and begins to read.

Maria (from Tree Mail): Brains, brawn, and balance, outlast the other one,

Abdullah (from Tree Mail): Roll to the left and the right until the other person is done.

Paula (from Tree Mail): To come out ahead here, you need to use your best tricks,

Harriet (from Tree Mail): Remember, after tonight, there is only room for six.

Billy: Are we going head to head?

Becky: That’s what it looks like to me.

The camera switches to Nishino Shima, Day 30. All seven tribe members row in and see a rolling balance beam over a pit of water.

Jeff: Come on in, guys!

The tribe members take their places on the mat.

Jeff: Ordinarily, I would ask for the immunity necklace back, but Charlie won it the last time we had an immunity challenge and he’s no longer here. Nonetheless, immunity is still back up for grabs. Let’s get to today’s challenge. For the first time, this is one-on-one with eliminations. You will square off against an opponent on this spinning log. You want to be the last person to fall in the water. Whoever falls in first loses. The first round will be single-elimination; if you lose, you’re out. Becky, do you have that envelope from the auction?

Becky: What, you think I’d leave that behind?

Becky takes out the envelope.

Jeff: Let’s see what’s inside.

Becky opens the envelope; a sheet of parchment has the phrase “FREE PASS TO THE SECOND ROUND” on it.

Jeff: The first round will consist of everyone but Becky. The rest of you need to draw for matchups.

The first pairing appears to take its spots over the log.

Jeff: The first round is between Harriet and Paula. Survivors ready? GO!

Harriet and Paula both stand on the log; Paula starts spinning the log. Harriet struggles to maintain her balance and runs in the same direction as Paula.

Jeff: Interesting strategy by Harriet.

Paula stumbles and falls in the water.

Jeff: Paula, you’re out. Harriet’s going on.

Harriet also falls in the water. Taking their places on the log are Kevin and Abdullah.

Jeff: Survivors ready? GO!

Kevin stands still on the log; Abdullah steps left and then to the right. Kevin loses his footing and falls.

Jeff: Kevin’s in the water!

Abdullah steps off of the log and down the ladder.

Jeff: Abdullah’s going to the next round along with Harriet.

Billy and Maria take their spots.

Both Survivors make very few moves but stare each other down.

Maria: What do you want me to take off?

Billy: This—

Billy spins the log to his right; Maria loses her footing and falls immediately.

Jeff: Maria only takes herself off the log! Billy’s in the next round!

Becky takes her place across from Harriet in the next round.

Jeff: Remember, from here on out, all matches are best of three. After this first match between Becky and Harriet, Billy and Abdullah will go, and then the ladies, and then the guys. If there are an third matches needed, we will do this. Survivors ready? GO!

Becky spins the log to her right quickly and back to her left. Harriet hangs on until Becky stops the log; Harriet falls in the water.

Jeff: Becky’s up one match to none! Billy and Abdullah, take your spots.

Billy and Abdullah toe the line for the logrolling.

Billy stands perfectly still on the log; Abdullah spins the log to his right, and Billy runs with the log. Abdullah spins it faster, and Billy falls off.

Jeff: Billy’s in the water! Abdullah’s up one match to none!

Becky and Harriet get back up.

Jeff: Becky, if you get this, you’re in the final. Survivors ready? GO!

Becky starts by spinning the log to her right very quickly and running on it; Harriet can’t keep up.

Jeff: Harriet’s down! Becky’s in the final!

Becky splashes in the water after that, and Billy and Abdullah take their spots.

Billy again stands perfectly still; Abdullah tries to spin the log slowly, but Billy spins it more quickly and Abdullah falls.

Jeff: Abdullah’s in the water! It’s all even!

Billy and Abdullah take their spots again.

Jeff: The winner gets in the final. Survivors ready? GO!

Billy uses the same strategy as before; both stand perfectly still for a short time until Billy fakes a spin and Abdullah runs in that direction and falls.

Jeff: Abdullah’s down! Billy’s going to the final against Becky!

Becky and Billy prepare to square off.

Jeff: This is also best of three; if you win two matches, you win immunity. Survivors ready? GO!

Becky turns the log to her left, throwing of Billy’s slow-starting strategy. Billy tries to keep up, but Becky runs faster than Billy can.

Jeff: Billy’s down! Becky’s up one match to none!

The two take their positions again.

Jeff: Becky, you can win immunity with this. Survivors ready? GO!

Becky starts off without turning the log; Billy then runs to his right, and Becky is caught completely off-guard.

Jeff: Becky loses for the first time! We’re all even!

Becky stands across from Billy for one last match.

Jeff: Remember, the winner of this match wins immunity. Survivors ready? GO!

Billy stands on the log but quickly loses his footing; he falls before Becky can even get a strategy going.

Jeff: Billy’s down right away! Becky wins immunity!

Becky walks off the log and runs down to get the immunity necklace.

Jeff: This is well-earned, Becky; tonight, you’re safe from the vote.

The camera shows Becky’s last victory over Billy and Becky getting the immunity necklace before the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 30. The tribe arrives back at camp with Becky wearing her immunity necklace.

Paula (to Becky): Do you want to try getting Billy out?

Becky: I almost think it’s too risky. He does have the idol.

Paula: It’s not risky for you.

Becky: It is for you, though; you don’t have immunity.

Paula: I’d be willing to go for it. Is Abdullah in?

Becky: I know for a fact that he is.

Paula: What about Kevin and Maria?

Becky: Billy’s been working on Maria, but Maria’s been working on Billy at the same time. I’ll ask.

The camera switches to Maria talking to Billy; this time, Maria’s still clothed.

Maria: I would vote with you guys. We just need a fourth.

Billy: Have you talked to Kevin?

Maria: He’s a floater; I’m sure he would vote out Paula.

Billy: Harriet and I are all for it; I’m glad you are.

(confessional) Maria: I’m actually switching sides here. Billy and Harriet are voting with me to split up Becky and Paula. I think we can get Kevin to do it.

Maria (to Kevin): So we’re going to get Paula out. Are you in?

Kevin: Wait, Paula? What happened to Billy?

Maria: Too much of a risk.

Kevin: He has to go some time.

Maria: Good point. I’m still voting Paula this time. We need your help.

Kevin: I haven’t made my mind up.

The camera switches to Paula talking to Kevin.

Paula: We want that idol out of the game. I know I’m the vote from Billy and Harriet, and I’m willing to risk Billy playing the idol if you’re willing to convince him it’s not a good idea to do so.

Kevin: I’m a little uneasy about that.

(confessional) Paula: I don’t know what’s so hard about writing Billy’s name down. So what if he plays the idol? He’s not going home.

Paula (to Becky): Kevin’s holding out on us.

Becky: Is he going with Harriet and Billy?

Paula: He won’t say.

Becky: I think he’s a bit of a security risk. What about Maria? Is she with us?

Paula: Billy told me Maria’s with them. I’m not counting on Maria’s vote.

The camera switches to Tribal Council as the night sky switches from sunset to darkness. The Meiji tribe files into Tribal Council.

Jeff: We will now bring in the jury. Loretta, come on in.

The tribe witnesses Loretta walking into the jury area.

Jeff: Charlie’s still in the hospital and will not be present tonight. Doctors say there’s no reason he won’t be on the jury.

The camera switches first to Loretta and then to the active Survivors.

Jeff: It’s been a while since I’ve seen you guys here with an important decision to make. How’s life been since I last talked to you guys?

Harriet: It got a lot better when I got to talk to my husband.

Jeff: No argument here. Paula, you got the letter from your kids, and then immediately, Harriet gets the phone call. How did that make you feel?

Paula: I’m happy with the letter; it’s something I can keep with me. I was a little disappointed that I couldn’t go after the phone call, and I was really disheartened when Harriet got the call for less than what I paid for the letter.

Jeff: That’s right; you did pay more for the letter. Speaking of the auction, I noticed Kevin didn’t buy anything. What happened, Kevin?

Kevin: I made a few bids, but nothing came through for me.

Jeff: Did you consider just putting all your money down on something?

Kevin: Really, the thought never crossed my mind. I could have put down all my money on that last thing, but I thought something better was always around the corner.

Jeff: I told you at the beginning of the auction that, if you want something, go for it.

Kevin: I was the one who didn’t listen.

Jeff: Clearly. Maria, what was with your auction strategy?

Maria: I know all I got was the ice cream, but it’s the best ice cream I’ve ever eaten.

Jeff: I was more referring to what you paid in addition to the 30,000 yen to get it.

Maria: Oh, that. I just tried that hoping it would work, and it did. You can’t really blame me.

Jeff: No, I guess I can’t. Becky, you spent your money on the free pass in the immunity challenge, and it really paid off.

Becky: I might have been able to win it without the advantage; I don’t know. All I know is that I didn’t want to take that chance.

Jeff: Do you think that anyone can beat you in challenges?

Becky: That depends on what the challenges are. If it’s basketball, then I win easily. If it’s translating Arabic, then I don’t have a prayer of beating Abdullah.

Jeff: Well, that’s pretty clear. Are you just telling me that the winner of the immunity challenge depends on what kind of strengths the challenge plays to?

Becky: That’s exactly right. I can run fast and I have pretty good balance, so I won this time. That and I got lucky that Billy fell right off; he might have beaten me.

Jeff: Luck is a big part of this game. We’ll see just how lucky everyone is here. It is time to vote. Harriet, you’re up.

Harriet walks up to the voting booth; she writes down a name. It is not shown.

After Harriet, Becky follows; her vote is not revealed.

The next to vote is Maria; she votes Paula.

Maria (into vote camera): At this point, there’s not enough room for both you and Becky. You’re a threat, and you’re a hell of a leader.

After Maria, Abdullah walks up to vote; her vote is not shown.

The next to vote is Paula; again, the vote is not revealed.

The next to vote is Kevin; his vote is for Paula.

Kevin (into vote camera): I’ve made up my mind; I’m no longer part of your alliance.

The last to vote is Billy; his vote is not shown, and it is not seen whether he puts the immunity idol into the side pouch of the urn.

The next scene shows Billy walking back to his seat and Jeff standing at the small table in front of them.

Jeff: I’ll go tally the votes.

Jeff goes and grabs the urn; he returns with the votes in hand.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff reaches in and grabs a vote.

Jeff: First vote…Paula.

The camera shows Paula, who appears not to be surprised.

Jeff: …Paula. That’s two votes Paula.

Jeff takes out another vote.

Jeff: …Kevin.

Kevin covers his mouth in shock.

Jeff: …Kevin. Two votes Kevin, two votes Paula.

Kevin shakes his leg anxiously.

Jeff: …Kevin. That’s three votes for Kevin and two for Paula.

Paula seems to be sitting a little easier.

Jeff takes out another vote.

He unfolds it.

The camera switches to a more distant view and then back to a closer view.

Jeff: …the twelfth person voted out of Survivor: Japan…Kevin. That’s four votes; that’s enough. You need to bring me your torch.

Kevin, still in obvious shock, grabs his torch and walks up to Jeff, putting his torch in the holder.

Jeff: Kevin, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Kevin’s torch.

Jeff: I could tell that Kevin didn’t see his ouster coming. I don’t know what led to the decision to get Kevin out, but it goes to show that none of you are safe. The only thing that can save you is immunity. Also, even if Billy plays the idol, as long as he’s in the game, I will not reveal his decision to do so or not to do so. Keep that in mind. Grab your torches; head back to camp. Goodnight.

The six remaining Meiji are shown walking out with lit torches; at this point, the screen credits begin to roll.

Cut to commercial and input from corporate sponsors.

Back from commercial.

Jeff (voice-over): Next time on Survivor…Maria tries to get to the bottom of Kevin’s surprise ouster.

Maria (to Billy): Was he out because he was a floater? Was it because he was a threat?

Billy: I couldn’t tell where he stood; it’s that simple.

Jeff (voice-over): The tribe has a chance at a phenomenal reward.

Jeff: The best case scenario is that you all get two nights aboard a luxury cruise ship.

Jeff (voice-over): And immunity depends on what the players know about each other.

(confessional) Billy: So am I out of luck because I don’t know what Paula’s favorite flavor of gum is or something?

The camera pans to some of Survivor’s sponsors before switching to Kevin.

Kevin (final words): I should have picked a side. I managed to get both sides against me with my indecision. If I had it to do over again, I would have told Billy straight out that I was on his side; if I had done that, Paula would be sitting here instead of me. I don’t know who’s going to win at this point; frankly, I can see why all of them deserve it.

5 votes Kevin: Abdullah, Becky, Billy, Harriet, Paula

2 votes Paula: Kevin, Maria

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I... Estee 09-14-06 1
   RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I... Colonel Zoidberg 09-14-06 3
 The Smoking Gun: "Japan"'s Rachel s... Colonel Zoidberg 09-14-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 44384 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I Can’t Say You’re Not an Innovator”"
You’re the first Survivor ever to use nudity as a currency.

*makes last-minute edit and hopes no one notices*

(Censored)

And there goes the 'favorite flavor of gum' idea...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-14-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Survivor: Japan, Episode 11: “I Can’t Say You’re Not an Innovator”"
That's two strategies that I've invented here (well, not eally "invented," just taken and applied to Survivor) - stripping as currency and annoying the hell out of someone to make them lose their concentration.

We both seem to have our token @$$hole characters as well, though I wasn't really trying to cast a villain...

I thought your story was still in the writing process...

09-14-06, 12:29 PM (EST)
2. "The Smoking Gun: "Japan"'s Rachel seen with another guy?"
According to thesmokinggun.com, "Survivor: Japan" early boot Rachel Johnson has been spotted getting very close to a man believed not to be her husband of four years.

Johnson, described on the show as a 22-year-old homemaker, was whispered to have previously been unfaithful to her husband on multiple occasions, as described by her fellow castaways.

The story goes that she was at a bar in her hometown of Denver, CO, with a tall, dark-haired man in his late 20s. Neither had a wedding ring on, and Johnson appeared to have put back on her pre-show weight and then some.

Johnson's husband, Jonathan Harris, was unavailable for comment and did not return phone calls or e-mails. Upon hearing this, a "Japan" cast member, who was asked by CBS not to be identified, told The Smoking Gun that Johnson frequently did not allow her husband to talk to anyone without her permission.

This is the second time since the "Japan" cast was revealed that Johnson has been featured on The Smoking Gun; she was revealed to have a DUI conviction stemming from over a year ago.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •