The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 14: “Samurai Come Tumbling Down”"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-30-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Survivor: Japan, Episode 14: “Samurai Come Tumbling Down”"
The camera presents an overview of the Ogasawara island group.

Jeff (voice-over): Thirty-six days ago, eighteen Americans set out on the adventure of a lifetime. In the beginning, the Survivors were split by gender, with the men living at the Ronin camp and the women at the Geisha camp. The tribes were unaware that there was another tribe in the game.

(confessional) Loretta: I was thinking, aren’t there usually more of us?

Jeff (voice-over): Both tribes struggled with fire, but Charlie eventually got fire for the men with his persistence.

Charlie: Did I tell you? Come on, did I tell you? Now we have fire!

Jeff (voice-over): The gender division did not last, however, as the two groups came together and split into three tribes of six. The tribes were christened Minamoto, Taira, and Fujiwara, and each tribe’s membership was determined by random draw.

Maria: What is this? Am I a Ronin now?

Waylon: How the hell did this happen? I’m a G—damn Geisha!

Jeff: What, you guys really thought we were doing guys against girls?

Jeff (voice-over): Led by retired navy captain Charlie and pro basketball player Becky, Minamoto coasted to victory in the first immunity challenge.

Jeff: Minamoto wins immunity!

Jeff (voice-over): As an added bonus, all six Minamoto members received their luxury items for the duration of the game; also, they received flint for their fire and the right to pick their campsite. Charlie pushed for Minamoto to go to the Ronin campsite, and that’s what they did.

Charlie: No way in hell I’m letting my hard work go to waste from last night. We’re taking the Ronin site.

Jeff (voice-over): Taira came in second and got flint for fire as well; they took the Geisha campsite, leaving Fujiwara with no flint, no shelter, and a hard decision to make on only the third day.

Tara: So it looks like we got screwed here. Just how are we going to build a shelter?

Billy: And we still have no flint for a fire.

Jeff (voice-over): Harriet and Waylon both had a hand in Fujiwara’s defeat, but when Harriet denied that she directly lost the challenge, Waylon became the first person voted out of the game.

The camera shows Jeff snuffing Waylon’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The next day, Fujiwara got a little relief when they won the reward challenge; along with flint for their fire, Fujiwara got fishing gear.

(confessional) Billy: I think we actually have a good thing going here. We might even start a little streak…I hope.

Jeff (voice-over): Fujiwara’s good luck ran out in the immunity challenge, however, as they finished dead last again.

The camera shows Fujiwara struggling with a ladder while Minamoto and Taira have people scaling theirs.

Jeff (voice-over): Again, Harriet was seen as a snake, and Billy and Tara wanted to get her out. Harriet managed to tell another lie to Abdullah and stayed in the game.

Abdullah: Billy and Tara already told me the plan.

Harriet: That’s funny; they told me that the vote was for you.

Jeff (voice-over): Harriet successfully split up Billy and Tara’s alliance, and Tara was the second person voted out of the game.

Jeff is shown snuffing Tara’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): Despite their winning streak, Taira wasn’t happy; Paula was especially fed up with Rachel’s refusal to work around camp.

Paula: I want Rachel out.

Catharine: Yeah, me too.

Jeff (voice-over): The plan was for Taira to lose the challenge on purpose to vote Rachel out; some tribe members even convinced Rachel to go along with it, telling her that Paula was the victim.

Rachel: You want to kick off Paula?

Jason: She’s too bossy, and I think she’s holding us back.

Jeff (voice-over): The plan was working to perfection until the Survivors got some news.

Jeff: There’s one more thing. Hand over your buffs. This is an individual challenge.

Jeff (voice-over): Rachel earned immunity on her own, and six Survivors were vulnerable that night.

Charlie (to Danny): So we vote Jason or Catharine.

Danny: As long as it isn’t me.

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie, Becky, and Loretta could not be voted off but attended and voted anyway; the votes went against the Minamotos, however, and Elaine was the third person voted out of the game.

Jeff is seen snuffing Elaine’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The next day, Charlie, Becky, and Loretta all got to pick new tribes and new campsites. Charlie stuck with his old alliance as much as he could; Loretta stuck with hers. Becky wound up in a minority on her tribe.

The camera shows Becky and Danny on a tribe with Antonio, Catharine, and Paula.

Jeff (voice-over): At the immunity challenge, the old Fujiwara tribe, now on Taira, still couldn’t buy a victory. Harriet made a mental error that cost her tribe.

Jeff: Harriet, you broke the rules; you’re out. You used a black star when you were out of stars. That’s a rule violation.

Harriet: That’s bulls---.

Jeff (voice-over): However, despite being tired of losing, the tribe took advantage of the situation and relished in voting out Rachel.

Jeff is seen snuffing Rachel’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The next day, the tribes got a chance for some much-needed refreshment. Charlie led Minamoto to another victory, and everyone enjoyed some ice cold Gatorade.

(confessional) Charlie: This Gatorade’s a far cry better than what we’ve been putting in our systems; that’s for damn sure.

Jeff (voice-over): However, Minamoto was exposed as human when they couldn’t solve a spinning puzzle while Charlie sat on the sidelines.

The camera shows Steve bewildered by the puzzle.

Jeff (voice-over): An ongoing issue with Maria’s free-spirited behavior came to a head when Steve continued to take offense.

Maria: Since when do you make all the rules here?

Steve (shouting at Maria): You have no respect for anyone! Not even yourself!

Jeff (voice-over): Steve wanted to vote out Kevin, though, and the vote at Tribal Council came up tied.

Jeff: Abdullah, as the one who cast the odd vote, your vote will be the deciding one.

Jeff (voice-over): Abdullah changed his vote from Maria to Steve, and that was enough to send Steve packing.

The camera shows Jeff snuffing Steve’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The tribes got a little chance to interact for reward. Minamoto’s good luck continued, and the tribe got hygienic items. They couldn’t agree on what to do with the fresh water, though.

Charlie: Why don’t we just use the whole 50 gallons for drinking water and forget the showers?

Kevin: Have you smelled yourself lately?

Jeff (voice-over): At the immunity challenge, Minamoto worked together the best, and Taira rode their coattails to victory.

The camera shows Taira lighting their torch from Minamoto’s fire.

Jeff (voice-over): Fujiwara had to go to Tribal Council, and beforehand, Catharine and Danny schemed against Becky and Paula.

Danny: Who goes first?

Catharine: We probably have more use for Becky, so I think we need to vote Paula.

Jeff (voice-over): The plan didn’t work, however, and Catharine was the sixth person voted out.

The camera shows Jeff snuffing Catharine’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over) The next immunity challenge was more important, as the tribes learned.

Jeff: If you go to Tribal Council, you will be losing two members, not just one.

Jeff (voice-over): Because of a mental error, one of Fujiwara’s puzzles didn’t count, and Fujiwara learned that two of their four members would be voted out. Not only that, but one member would be voted out by the other two tribes. At Tribal Council, Danny’s poor performance in the immunity challenge led the other tribes to vote him out.

Jeff is seen snuffing Danny’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): At Tribal Council, all three remaining Fujiwara had to build a fire, with the first to do so selecting who goes to the next round with them.

The camera shows Becky, Paula, and Antonio building fires.

Jeff (voice-over): Becky narrowly beat Antonio, and it cost Antonio the game, as Becky chose to keep Paula around.

Jeff is seen snuffing Antonio’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): Becky and Paula returned to camp, where the other two tribes were there to meet them for a merger. The new tribe christened itself Meiji and tried to start anew. However, an old feud between Billy and Jason continued, while a new one between Paula and Charlie developed.

Paula (shouting at Charlie): I work hard every day of my life without stopping! You don’t know what it’s like! You can’t say s--- to me!

Charlie (shouting back): You don’t know a damn thing about me! I work every bit as hard as you, and I don’t need your s---!

Jeff (voice-over): The immunity challenge proved to be the Survivors’ first taste of food other than camp food in the game.

Jeff: Meals will get progressively more appetizing as you last longer. If you’re out first, all you get is a bowl of rice and a glass of water from your lake. If you outlast everyone else? You get steak, chicken, and shrimp.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy pulled out all the stops to ensure Jason went down, including being as annoying as possible.

Billy (singing): I’m Hen-er-ee the 8th I am, Hen-er-ee the 8th I am I am, I got married to the widow next door…

Jason: G—damnit, you f---ing d---, shut the f--- up before I come over there and beat the s---

Jeff (voice-over): It worked to perfection; Jason was the first out, and he ate the rice.

Jason: Go f--- yourselves.

Billy: I love you too, sunshine.

Jeff (voice-over): As fewer people remained, they were offered deals to step down. When the deal was good enough, Billy stepped down, giving Charlie the first individual immunity.

Jeff: This immunity idol will be valid at any Tribal Council except tonight’s; you can even use it at the final three. You can’t use it tonight, though.

Billy: What about the meal?

Jeff: You still get your meal.

Billy: Good enough for me.

Jeff: Billy, this idol is yours; Charlie wins immunity!

Jeff (voice-over): As a perk of winning immunity, Charlie stayed at a house instead of going to Tribal Council. He also got to select three others to stay with him; Maria, Abdullah, and Becky stayed at the house and ate while the rest of the tribe went to Tribal Council.

The four immune players are shown sharing Charlie’s steak at the house.

Jeff (voice-over): At Tribal Council, Billy campaigned to get Jason out, but Billy himself was a target because he could use his idol later in the game.

Jason: I haven’t been able to stand Billy for a while now, and it will feel very good to get him out before he can use that damn idol.

Jeff (voice-over): Despite Billy being a target, he received only two votes, and his arch-nemesis, Jason, was the first member of Meiji to leave the game.

Jeff is shown snuffing Jason’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): While Charlie’s alliance stayed at the house, Kevin had some information for Paula about Charlie that made her regret judging him.

Paula: His wife didn’t abandon him to take care of four kids on his own.

Kevin: Well, actually, she kind of did.

Paula: What the hell are you talking about?

Kevin: His wife left him ten years ago and hasn’t seen him or his son since then.

Jeff (voice-over): Paula, along with Becky and Loretta, won a nice reward while Charlie was earmarked for two nights in exile. However, as a peace offering to Charlie, Paula gave him her reward and agreed to go to exile in his place.

Paula: When we merged, I said some things to Charlie that were untrue and hurtful, and I realize I’ve done wrong. I never got the chance to apologize to him, but even if I did, I don’t think that would be enough. Charlie, I have all the respect for you in the world as a leader, as a Navy man, and as a father. If you’re half as good of a Navy man and father as you are a Survivor, your crew and your son are blessed.

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie enjoyed the time to bond with Becky and Loretta, but Paula got the worst exile location and was the only person not to have available flint to build a fire.

(confessional) Paula: I couldn’t take the reward knowing Charlie would be here and I would be eating junk food. It just tells me that I need to think a little bit before I judge people. I can’t just shoot first and ask questions later.

Jeff (voice-over): With the additional fuel from the reward, Charlie put together the right combination of brains and brawn to win another immunity challenge.

Jeff is shown putting the immunity necklace on Charlie again.

Jeff (voice-over): With Charlie immune, Paula was willing to work with him and his alliance. This left Billy, Harriet, and Loretta as the outsiders, and since Loretta was seen as a threat, she was the first to join the jury.

Jeff is shown snuffing Loretta’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The next day, the reward challenge served to create division within the tribe. The tribe was split into two teams of four.

The tribes are seen trying to score goals on each other.

Jeff (voice-over): When Billy, Kevin, Harriet, and Paula won reward, they opted to play for a bigger reward in teams of two. Billy and Kevin drew each other as teammates and won easily. However, Kevin disagreed with Billy’s desire to have the reward all to himself.

Billy’s hand shows a black rock while Kevin’s shows a white one.

Jeff (voice-over): When Billy won the reward, he and Kevin had it out.

Kevin: Damn it, you could have been just as well off with just what we could have had!

Billy: Since when is there a ‘we’?

Kevin: When we were on a team and we earned all that food.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy didn’t relent, even when Charlie started to have health problems and Paula tried to help him.

Paula (shouting): Hey, can we get some water here?

Billy: Get it yourself!

Paula: I’m serious here! Charlie’s sick!

Billy: Well, if it’s for Charlie, then he can get it!

Jeff (voice-over): Charlie was removed from the game when his health got worse, and Paula was the hardest one hit, as she watched the medical crew take Charlie away.

The camera shows Paula dropping to her knees in tears as the medical crew takes Charlie away.

Jeff (voice-over): The next morning, Billy regretted his behavior.

Billy: I’m such an assh---.

Kevin: We all know you’re an assh---, but that’s not doing us any good.

Jeff (voice-over): That day, Billy’s food reward came, but Billy decided he couldn’t eat it and asked the crew to take it back.

Kevin: I’m starting to feel bad for you, man.

Billy: Don’t feel bad for me.

Jeff (voice-over): The next day, a grieving Meiji tribe learned that Charlie would be OK; however, he wasn’t going to return to the game.

Jeff: Well, when you guys last saw him, he was sweating an awful lot, and he was in a lot of pain. He asked us if he was having heat stroke.

Paula: I told him it was probably heat stroke.

Jeff: It wasn’t heat stroke. Charlie suffered a mild heart attack.

Jeff (voice-over): The tribe got a reprieve from competition, and the next day, they got to take part in the Survivor Auction.

All seven members of the tribe sit down on auction stools.

Jeff (voice-over): Given 100,000 Japanese yen, players bid on everything from a bagel and cream cheese to fried chicken. Maria even used another way to get what she wanted.

Maria: I’ll go 30,000 -- and I’ll do the rest of the auction naked.

Billy: Go for it.

Jeff: OK then. We have 30,000 and no clothes going once, twice – sold (bangs gavel) to Maria.

Jeff (voice-over): Paula bought a letter from her children, but she immediately regretted not saving some money to bid on a phone call, which Harriet won.

Paula: I like my letter and all, and I love my kids, but the minute Jeff said there was a phone call available, my heart sank a bit.

Jeff (voice-over): Kevin went without buying a single item; at the same time, Becky bought an advantage in the next immunity challenge, which turned out to be a chance to skip the first round of a single-elimination, head-to-head immunity challenge.

The camera shows Survivors logrolling.

Jeff (voice-over): The advantage helped out; Becky won immunity.

Jeff: Billy’s down right away! Becky wins immunity!

Jeff (voice-over): Both Paula and Billy were seen as targets; Kevin was regarded as the swing vote, but he didn’t give his word to either group.

Paula (to Becky): Kevin’s holding out on us.

Becky: Is he going with Harriet and Billy?

Paula: He won’t say.

Jeff (voice-over): In the end, Kevin was seen as a security risk, and both factions voted him out.

Jeff is shown snuffing Kevin’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The next reward showed the tribe members just where they stood with each other.

Jeff: Every time you answer a question correctly, you have the chance to chop and opponent’s rope, moving that person’s katana closer to their name. The names are on Japanese paper, and when a person gets three chops, their katana swings toward their paper and lights in on fire. Once you name goes up in flames, you’re out.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy and Harriet were out first, and Becky was the last player standing. Instead of a tradition reward, she had the chance to play for a reward for herself or for the entire tribe.

Jeff: front of you are 24 baskets. If you pick up a basket, you are revealing what you are not getting rather than what you are getting. Periodically, I will offer you a temptation to stop playing the game. Some temptations will be for only you; some will be for you and those you select to join you. Remember, the worst reward here is a single heartnut; the best reward here is a two-night cruise for everyone.

Jeff (voice-over): Becky got rid of the worst reward and had a decision to make when the best reward was still in play.

Jeff: Remember this – the surf and turf is for you and two others. I’m prepared to offer you surf and turf for everyone as a temptation. I’m also willing to let you spend the night at the same house from the first individual challenge.

Becky: Everyone, you’re all getting surf and turf!

Jeff (voice-over): The next night, the entire Meiji tribe got steak and lobster for dinner and got to forget about the pressures of the game. Also, after staying the night at the house and getting breakfast, everyone got to clean up.

Abdullah: It looks like we have laundry service, and we all get to shower. These bathrobes are for when our clothes are in the wash.

Jeff (voice-over): The other thing the Survivors got was the immunity challenge. Unlike other challenge, this was to be done in secret, and the results would not be revealed until after the vote. Everyone was eligible, so the tribe splintered again.

Billy (to Maria): So can we count on you to vote for Paula?

Maria: Do you think she won?

Billy: I doubt it.

Jeff (voice-over): Everyone but Billy and Harriet voted Billy out, and the immunity winner turned out to be Abdullah. Billy’s last chance to save himself was the immunity idol.

Jeff pulls the idol out of the side pouch of the urn.

Jeff: You may vote out any lady here except Harriet; she did not vote against you. Who’s going home?

Jeff (voice-over): Since Abdullah was immune and Harriet didn’t vote against him, Billy had the choice between Becky, Maria, and Paula.

Billy: Paula is.

Jeff (voice-over): With Paula gone, only five remained. All five Survivors got the chance to compete to see their loved ones by competing in events they had seen before.

Jeff: You will see elements from both individual and group challenges; nothing here should be anything new.

Jeff (voice-over): Harriet was the first to be eliminated, followed by Becky. Abdullah, Billy, and Maria got the chance to compete for two spots at the resort.

The camera shows Maria throwing her last ball into the goal.

Jeff: Maria wins reward!

Jeff (voice-over): Maria and Billy each won time with their loved ones; however, when they got there, there was one more challenge waiting for them.

Jeff: Before we get to the reward, there’s one last order of business. You get a chance to run through another past challenge again. The two of you will try to logroll your way to victory; the first to win three times wins reward. This time, you’re playing for this.

Jeff dangles a car key in front of Maria and Billy.

Jeff: This is a 2008 Buick Rendezvous, and it’s fully loaded.

Jeff (voice-over): Maria had no intention of winning the challenge; she gladly let Billy have it.

Jeff: Billy wins the car!

Jeff (voice-over): The Survivors got the chance to clean up a bit before seeing their loved ones; Billy got a visit from his older sister Sandy while Maria’s best friend Laura dropped in.

(confessional) Laura: She’s still the same old Maria. Really, she’s a lot like me.

Jeff (voice-over): The two Survivors and two loved ones enjoyed each other’s company over food and drink, and after some time, Maria and Laura showed off for the others.

Billy: Oh my gosh, there’s two of them!

Sandy: Are you guys naked? Is she always like this?

Maria: The answer to your question is yes.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy admitted to losing his concentration with two naked women around, and after catching up, Maria and Laura decided to play to Billy’s weakness.

(confessional) Sandy: Like a lot of guys, Billy definitely has a weakness for women. If Maria keeps putting these moves on him, he doesn’t have a chance; I hate to say it, but he’s history.

The camera shows Maria and Laura, still naked, kissing each other goodbye very passionately.

Sandy: Are you guys using your tongues?

(confessional) Laura: I didn’t have any trouble grabbing her ##### and tongue-wrestling with her if it got my girl a little farther in the game. I told Maria to give details of what we were doing last night.

(confessional) Maria: Now that Billy doesn’t have his idol, I’m pulling out everything to get him out.

Jeff (voice-over): Despite kissing her best friend in front of Billy, Maria didn’t give any details of her relationship with Laura, even downplaying it to her tribe.

(confessional) Maria: If getting Billy to do what I want means I take my clothes off and act naughty with my best friend, then so be it. We’re not gay or anything.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy thought he could do more than he could, and he ended up losing immunity to Becky.

The camera shows Becky wearing the immunity necklace.

Jeff (voice-over): Billy appeared to be under Maria’s spell, but despite Maria’s plan to fill Billy’s head with ideas, Billy turned against Maria.

(confessional) Billy: I need to get Maria out for my own sanity. That and Harriet doesn’t believe me that she’s trying to f--- with my head.

Jeff (voice-over): Maria voted with Becky and Abdullah, however, and Billy was out of the game.

Jeff is shown snuffing Billy’s torch.

Jeff (voice-over): The game is down to Abdullah, Becky, Harriet, and Maria. There are three Tribal Councils and two immunity challenges left. There will be only one Survivor. Who will it be?

The screen pans to shots of Japanese warriors in fierce battle, spliced with images of great ships and dojos. As pictures of gold coins and logos of “Survivor: Japan,” “Ronin,” and “Geisha,” begin to appear, the Survivor theme begins to play in the background while the castaways are shown in various outdoor images wearing their respective tribal buffs. This time, members of Minamoto are shown first in poses all seen in the first episode; the players appear in alphabetical order. Taira follows immediately, as does Fujiwara; each tribe’s members are shown in alphabetical order. The screen pans finally to a background of waves, ripples, and islands with the “Survivor: Japan” insignia superimposed over it.

At this point, the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Night 36. The remaining Meiji arrive back from Tribal Council; as expected, Becky hangs up her immunity necklace, and all four Meiji prepare to sleep.

Maria: Good work, guys; we’re the final four!

Abdullah: Imagine the four of us being here. I never would have imagined it.

Harriet: At the start of the game, you didn’t even know we were here!

Abdullah: And I tried to get you out of the game at the start, so imagine us both being here.

(confessional) Harriet: I should have been out the first week, but I lied. I should have been out the second week, but I lied again. I should have been out the third week, but I got lucky and everyone ganged up on another tribe. I should have been gone the fourth week, but no one wanted to keep Rachel around. Here I am now; I made it all the way to the final four.

Becky (to Maria): So I have to ask, what did you tell Billy?

Maria: I told him I was with him at first, but then he wanted to go after me once you won immunity, so I had no reason to go along with him—

Becky: I know that. I meant what you told him that made him so crazy. He tells me you kissed your best friend in front of him.

Maria: Oh, that. I wanted to mess with his head, so before we left, we decided to kiss goodbye.

Becky: Normally, that sounds pretty innocent. What else did you do to his head?

Maria: I think I messed his sister up even more.

(confessional) Becky: I had to get all the details out of Maria just so they would lose their power. After all, what’s to say she doesn’t go doing the same thing again?

Maria: If you must know, we’re both nudists, and we both showed that off when we were there.

Becky: He said you stood there and kissed goodbye for about twenty minutes.

Maria: When you’re tongue-wrestling with a hot girl, you don’t think about how long it’s lasting.

Becky: Don’t look at me about that.

(confessional) Maria: I don’t think my stories are going over as well with Becky as they did with Billy. It’s OK by me; I don’t mind talking about it. I’ll talk about anything; I’m very open.

The camera switches to Meiji, Day 37. Jeff arrives on the beach with breakfast in hand, and the entire tribe rushes to greet him.

Jeff: So what’s it like to be in the final four?

Becky: This is intense. The difference is that it’s all on me.

Jeff: You’re used to competing on a team when it comes to crunch time.

Becky: Usually, when there’s just four of us left, I can count on my teammates. All I can count on now is myself.

Jeff: Is this as intense for everyone else?

Maria: I actually have to focus now. I’ve been a free-spirited, fun-loving girl for 36 days, and I don’t think I can do that anymore.

Jeff: Does that explain why you still have your clothes on?

Maria: I can wait until I get home to get naked now. It’s only a few days.

Jeff: Is everyone here sick to death of seeing Maria naked?

Becky: It’s not like I don’t see enough nudity in the locker room. It’s no different.

Jeff: Abdullah?

Abdullah: Don’t look at me. And where’s the steak here? You know I don’t eat pork.

Jeff: Sorry, the cooks didn’t get the memo.

Harriet: That’s more for us.

Jeff: Well, you guys enjoy your food; your immunity challenge will take place later today.

The camera shows Jeff getting back on the boat while the tribe eats breakfast.

The cameras then switches to Nishino Shima, Day 37. The four remaining Meiji members take their spots.

Jeff: Come on in, guys!

All four Meiji members stand on the mat.

Jeff: First thing’s first – Becky, give it up.

Becky hands over the immunity necklace.

Jeff: Immunity, back up for grabs. Let’s get to today’s challenge. For each Survivor, there are four buoys that are 25, 50, 75, and 100 meters away from shore. The first three buoys are unlocked but must be opened in order of closest to shore to farthest from shore. The first three puzzles will contain parts of a combination to a lock at the 100-meter buoy. If you open that lock, you get the last bag of puzzle pieces; you will then return to shore and solve a final puzzle. The first person to solve the final puzzle wins immunity; that guarantees you a one-in-three shot at the million dollars. Everyone take your spots; wait for my go.

All four Survivors take a spot on the beach, facing the water.

Jeff: Survivors ready? GO!

All four Survivors sprint into the water; Maria appears to have a slight lead, while Becky and Abdullah are neck-and-neck behind. Maria reaches the first buoy first; Abdullah gets there second.

Jeff: Remember, solve the puzzles in order! You need to solve a puzzle before you go to the next buoy!

Harriet gets the puzzle pieces last; Maria reaches the shore first.

Jeff: Maria to the shore with her puzzle pieces first! Remember to work quickly!

Abdullah and Becky are on Maria’s heels; Harriet’s in a somewhat distant fourth.

Jeff: Harriet may need to outwork everyone in the puzzles to win!

Maria lays out her puzzle pieces and begins to assemble them; it is not clear whether she, Abdullah, or Becky has an advantage.

Jeff: We have a neck-and-neck battle for first, but it’s far from over!

The first to finish her puzzle is Becky; Harriet appears to work quickly.

Jeff: Remember, each buoy will get more exhausting! It will come down to how much energy you have and how badly you want it!

Becky has a clear lead over everyone else, but Maria starts catching up. Harriet finishes before Abdullah.

Jeff: Harriet’s out of last place! Don’t give up, Abdullah!

Soon, all four Survivors are working on their second buoy; Becky gets there more quickly than anyone else, but Maria’s on her heels.

Jeff: Becky has the lead! Bring those puzzle pieces back here!

Becky keeps her lead over Maria; Abdullah appears to be gaining ground, but Becky reaches shore first again.

Jeff: Becky’s not having any problems! Everyone else needs to work more quickly!

Harriet is lagging behind while Maria and Abdullah reach shore; Becky is already working on her puzzle at this time.

Jeff: Any time made up on these puzzles will just be to catch up to Becky!

Becky finishes her puzzle, but she has only a slight lead over Maria and Abdullah.

Jeff: Harriet has a lot of ground to make up!

Becky, Abdullah, and Maria are in a dead heat going to the third buoy; Becky and Abdullah appear to have a slight lead.

Jeff: Harriet has it! Get catching up to them!

Harriet has a lot of ground to make up while the other three are shown getting their puzzle pieces; Abdullah is the first to get his.

Jeff: Abdullah has it first! Everyone has ground to make up!

Becky passes him pretty quickly while Maria is clearly in third. Harriet gets her puzzle pieces at about the same time Becky reaches the shore.

Jeff: This is your last set of pieces before you get your combination!

Becky is shown working while Abdullah begins working; Maria gets to shore and follows suit.

Jeff: Remember your combination for the last buoy!

As Becky gets her puzzle done, her puzzles show “Right 34, Left 22, Right 15.”

Jeff: It’s just like a combination lock, guys. Turn twice around to the right, once around to the left, and then to the right without going around!

Becky (under her breath): 34, 22, 15…34, 22, 15.

Abdullah and Maria get their puzzles done at the same time.

Jeff: It’s looking like a three-way race, but Harriet could still challenge! Becky, you have two people on your heels!

Becky reaches the buoy first but struggles with the lock; Abdullah gets it almost instantly while Maria follows.

Harriet finishes her puzzle and goes back into the water, but Abdullah, Maria, and Becky are far ahead of her.

Jeff: If Harriet works quickly, it’s anybody’s game!

Abdullah and Becky reach shore at the same time; Maria is right behind.

Jeff: It’s between the three of you!

All three Survivors, excluding Harriet, lay out their pieces; all the pieces appear to have, in some part, some Japanese characters on them.

Jeff: The puzzle will spell out something in Japanese!

Abdullah works around the edges; Maria appears to have something going in the middle.

Jeff: We have a few different strategies here!

A pair of hands puts in the last pieces to a puzzle and motions for Jeff to come look at his work. Jeff does so and pensively studies the message.

A subtitle reveals that the message reads “You are victorious” in Japanese.

Jeff nods in apparent approval and raises his right hand.

Jeff: Abdullah wins immunity!

Harriet washes up on shore at this time and drops her puzzle pieces; Becky and Maria frustratedly stop working.

Jeff: Abdullah, you’re in the final three. From here, you are in complete control of your own destiny. I can’t say the same for the rest of you.

Jeff is shown putting the necklace on Abdullah.

Jeff: Head on back to camp.

The closing scenes show Abdullah finishing his puzzle and celebrating while the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 37. The tribe is discussing, in groups of two, who should go home.

Becky (to Maria): At this point, what do you want to do?

Maria: Harriet’s really the only person we can vote for.

Becky: Can we convince Abdullah?

Maria: He’s one of us; I’m sure of it.

Becky: What happens if there’s a tie?

Maria: Last time, there were five, and Abdullah voted for me, so he had to pick between Steve and Kevin.

Becky: So I wonder what happens if there’s a two-to-two tie.

Maria: Yeah, me too.

(confessional) Becky: At this point, it looks like we’re going after Harriet. After that, I think Maria and I can win the last immunity between us.

Harriet (to Abdullah): So whose side are you on?

Abdullah: Well, I’m on my side. I think the girls are voting against you.

Harriet: Well, that goes without saying. Can I talk you into voting Becky?

Abdullah: I’m interested, but would that get a tie?

Harriet: What do you care?

Abdullah: What if they break out the rocks?

Harriet: I’d rather have a one-in-three shot at going home than being guaranteed to go home. Besides, you have immunity.

Abdullah: Good point. Can we get Maria in on that?

(confessional) Harriet: Becky won immunity twice, and she needs to go. For that matter, so did Abdullah, but at least he’s on my side.

Abdullah (to Maria): So would you get Becky out?

Maria: I was going to ask you about getting Harriet out.

Abdullah: Why would we do that?

Maria: She’s probably going to beat any of us in the final vote.

Abdullah: What the hell are you talking about? Becky would crush anyone in the final vote. She has Paula’s vote. She has Charlie’s vote.

Maria: And we can take any of the other votes from her. Harriet’s a snake, but she can bring people around to her side.

Abdullah: You do have a good point.

(confessional) Maria: I can handle Becky, and I know I can beat her in the final vote. Harriet scares me, so I want her out.

Maria: So what happens if there’s a tie?

Abdullah: I hope it doesn’t go to a rock-drawing.

Maria: What do you care?

Abdullah: Well, I have immunity, but the person who goes should do something to deserve it.

Maria: I agree; we should agree on someone.

(confessional) Abdullah: Maria will come around to our side. I hope she doesn’t back out on us; we need a third vote.

The camera switches to Tribal Council, Day 37. The sky goes from sunset to dark, and the four Meiji members file in.

Jeff: We will now bring in the jury. Loretta…Charlie…Kevin…Paula…and Billy, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

The jury takes their seats; the players follow suit.

Jeff: At this point in the game, immunity is everything. Abdullah, you won it. What does that say about your chances?

Abdullah: The final challenge could mean anything, but it’s nice not to have to worry about being voted out.

Jeff: There are three people here who didn’t win immunity; any of the ladies could go home. Becky, how do you feel about your chances?

Becky: I’m absolutely a target. I won two immunity challenges before. It’s hard to cover that fact up.

Jeff: Harriet, is this vote as much about who can win in the final two as it is about who’s beatable in the next challenge?

Harriet: Ever since the merge, you always think about who’s beatable in the final two.

Jeff: Can you beat anyone here?

Harriet: I think I can beat anyone, but at the same time, I think anyone can beat me. How well a person did in the game may be less important than how well they address the jury.

Jeff: Maria, how is it different now that there are only four?

Maria: I remember telling you this morning that it’s all about focus. I’m not as wide open as I used to be.

Jeff: By that, you mean—

Maria: I’m not taking my clothes off now. I don’t tell stories at camp.

Becky: That’s not what you did last night.

Maria: Oh, be quiet, Becky; that started today.

Becky: OK, because it’s not like I hear the words—

Maria: Becky, you’re killing me.

Becky: OK, I’ll shut up.

Jeff: Was this about your reward with your friend Laura?

Maria: Well, if you must know, I told Becky about it.

Jeff: Was this today?

Maria: Last night. That was part of my game plan at the time. Kissing Laura and prancing around the house naked with her was fun and all, and I got a fresh energy boost, but I’m all business now.

Jeff: Well, your business approach will be put to the test. It is time to vote; Becky, you’re up.

Becky walks up to the voting booth; she votes Harriet.

Becky (into vote camera): It’s either you or me at this point.

The next to vote is Maria, whose vote is not shown.

After Maria, Abdullah votes; his vote is not shown.

The last person to vote is Harriet. Predictably, she votes Becky.

Harriet (into vote camera): If I want a chance at this game, you can’t be around. Sorry.

Harriet goes back and sits down. The camera switches to Jeff.

Jeff: I’ll go tally the votes.

Jeff goes and grabs the urn and comes back.

Jeff: Once the votes are read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff opens the lid to the urn.

Jeff: First vote…Harriet.

Harriet doesn’t say anything as the camera switches to her.

Jeff: …Becky. One vote Becky, one vote Harriet.

Jeff takes out another vote.

Jeff: …Becky. That’s two votes Becky.

Jeff takes out a last vote.

He unfolds it.

The camera switches to a distant shot of Jeff holding the vote.

Jeff: …Harriet. That’s two votes Harriet and two votes Becky. We have a tie. Here’s how it will work. Two of you voted for Becky, and two for Harriet; you know this. You will have four minutes to try to come to a majority decision on who should go. You can pick anyone but Abdullah, and a majority decision takes three people. At the same time, I will ask each of you a closest-number question; you will write down your answer. If, after four minutes, a decision isn’t made, you will hand in your answers; whoever is closest without going over to the answer can vote out another Survivor unilaterally. If you all go over, Becky, Harriet, and Maria will all draw rocks.

The camera switches to the Survivors; Maria looks a little nervous.

Jeff: The time to begin seeking a consensus begins once I finish reading the question.

Jeff hands out envelopes, markers, and parchment for writing down their answers.

Jeff: The question is as follows. Japanese students, by the time they finish secondary school, are expected to know how many Kanji characters? Begin working and begin debating; you have four minutes.

Maria: So, we can’t go over?

Jeff: You can’t go over.

Abdullah: Maria, would you be willing to change your vote?

Maria: Would you change yours?

Abdullah: I could change it, but what’s in it for me?

Maria: Well, if I switch, what can you do for me?

Becky: I’ll help you guys out.

Harriet: What can you do?

Becky: I’ll switch my vote to Maria if the two of you will.

Harriet: Hell, I’ll do it.

Becky: I want you to do one thing for me.

Abdullah: What’s that?

Becky: I want a final two deal from both of you.

Abdullah: And what are you going to do for me?

Becky: I’ll take you if I win.

Harriet: Just why the hell should I take this deal?

Becky: I could turn it around against you, you know.

Harriet: Look, throw in a nice, new car and we have a deal.

Jeff: Remember, you have two minutes left. If you haven’t written an answer, you may want to do so.

Maria: So wait, is the vote for me now?

Becky: No, the vote’s still split.

Maria: Harriet, are you still going against Becky?

Harriet: That’s the plan.

Maria: Abdullah?

Abdullah: I haven’t changed.

Maria: If you guys are going against Becky, I will too.

Becky: Don’t do this to me.

Jeff: Is that a unanimous decision?

Abdullah, Harriet, and Maria: Yes!

Jeff: It looks like we have a decision. Becky, you need to bring me your torch.

Becky looks annoyed as she grabs her torch and puts it in the holder.

Jeff: Becky, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Becky’s torch.

Jeff: You are the final three. Tomorrow’s immunity challenge is the most important; if you win, you are automatically in the final two. You’re going to need all the rest and all the strength you can get at this point. Grab your torches; head back to camp. Goodnight.

The three remaining Meiji file out of Tribal Council.

Becky (final words): Well, I tried to get my way, and I tried to save my skin. I was too much of a threat, and I was too much of a player. I’m a competitor to the end, though, and I’m proud of the way I played. Even if I can’t win Survivor, I can’t wait to rejoin my teammates! Go Liberty!

After Becky’s final words, the camera switches to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 38. The sun is beginning to rise as Jeff arrives at camp.

Jeff: Morning, guys!

Abdullah: I just got to sleep!

Jeff: There’s no time for that today. You have a busy day ahead of you. I have a map for you to paddle to your final rite of passage. This takes place on Kitanojima; you may remember this as the island Maria and Billy stayed on during their much-talked-about reward. You will see the torches of the fifteen Survivors who came before you; take some time to reflect on the impact each of them had on your journey thus far. At the end, you will come to a pile of relics from your past; your canoes from Minamoto, Taira, and Fujiwara will be there, as will some parts of past challenges. You will torch these relics as a final ritual before competing in your last challenge. I’ll see you there.

All three Survivors get in the Meiji canoe and begin to row. A distant shot shows them rowing farther from the island; an overhead shot shows them in the middle of the group of islands continuing to row. Soon, the Meiji reach Kitanojima and come to shore; they reach a post with a scroll attached to it. Abdullah takes the scroll; he is clearly shown wearing the immunity necklace.

Abdullah: Follow this route to the torches of each of your fellow Survivors. One of your fellow Survivors could not leave the game of his own accord; in his honor, there will be some mementos that you can take with you.

The tribe begins walking along the beach, coming to Waylon’s torch.

Harriet: Good old Waylon. If not for me, he wouldn’t be the first out.

Abdullah: Thanks for that, by the way.

Harriet: It worked out for you, didn’t it?

The camera shows some assorted clips of Waylon, including his failure to start a fire on Ronin beach.

Waylon (voice-over): For me, this was a long camping trip with a competitive element. Someone has to be the unlucky one to go home first, and I guess I did the honors.

The three Meiji continue walking and arrive at Tara’s torch.

Abdullah: Another victim of Harriet the Magnificent.

Maria: I remember her; she was crazy.

Harriet: I don’t even remember why I voted her off; she was cool.

The camera shows Tara in a few clips, including at Geisha, where she and Catharine are shown bonding.

Tara (final words): I learned a lot about myself out here, but there was a lot more I wanted to learn. I would do this again in a heartbeat.

The Meiji go on to the next torch; this torch belongs to Elaine.

Harriet: She was crazy; that’s all I remember.

Maria: I hope she has good water to drink now.

Abdullah: I wish I could play on her team; she sounded fun.

The camera shows Elaine in a few clips, including drinking the unboiled water.

Elaine (voice-over): I lost because my tribe was too strong. I had the chance to save myself, and I didn’t take it, though. It just goes to show that the game changes, and I wasn’t ready.

The three go on to the next torch; this one belongs to Rachel.

Harriet: I got her good.

Maria: I couldn’t stand her out there, but it’s hard to be bitter.

Abdullah: I’m staying out of this.

The camera shows Rachel in a few clips, including talking to Harriet and Loretta before her ouster.

Rachel (voice-over): My strategy was to save myself for challenges as much as I could, and people took that to mean I was lazy. I don’t agree with that, and I can’t imagine why people would say that.

The next torch in line is that of Steve.

Abdullah: I miss playing cards with him.

Maria: I don’t; Steve can go to hell.

Harriet: Now, come on; you’re better than that.

The camera shows Steve in several clips, mainly playing cards with the men of the new Minamoto.

Steve (voice-over): It just came down to being in the wrong challenge at the wrong time. It was that, plus I had an opinion that I wouldn’t back down from. It’s worth more than a million dollars to me to stand up for what I believe in.

The next torch in line is Catharine’s.

Maria: She was always good for a laugh.

Harriet: Did she really talk Paula into taking a day off?

Abdullah: That’s what I heard.

The camera shows Catharine in several clips, including pampering Paula.

Catharine (voice-over): I made a difference out there in the time I was out there. I think it’s because I made a difference that people noticed me and thought to vote me out.

The next torch up is Danny’s.

Abdullah: He wasn’t really a big talker or anything.

Maria: He sure was a good guy, though.

Harriet: It’s a damn shame I didn’t get to know him.

The camera shows Danny in several clips, including his early fall in the endurance challenge.

Danny (voice-over): I mostly hung back and let things come to me, and the one time I got noticed, it was for something bad. I guess that means that going under the radar didn’t work for me.

The next torch shown is Antonio’s.

Abdullah: I was on his tribe for one day, and he’s a fighter.

Harriet: He’s the only one out here older than me.

Maria: From what you guys tell me, I missed a lot without him on my tribe.

The camera shows Antonio in several clips, including the puzzles in the seventh challenge.

Antonio (voice-over): I came on the show to prove to myself I could do it. My life is already complete, and the million dollars was just a crazy dream to shoot for. The journey was everything for me.

The next torch shown is Jason’s.

Harriet: What a crazy son-of-a-#####.

Maria: Poor guy got suckered out of the game.

Abdullah: He worked harder than most people, but it killed him.

The camera shows Jason in several clips, including being soaked in the post-merge endurance challenge.

Jason (voice-over): I was never really happy out there. I thought it would be an adventure, but all I really need is back home waiting for me.

The next torch the Meiji reach is that of Loretta.

Harriet: She’s just like me when I was younger.

Abdullah: Losing the way she did killed her; I know that.

Maria: She could just as easily be here.

The camera switches to Loretta in several clips, including her victory in the third immunity challenge.

Loretta (voice-over): I came out shooting, and I came out winning when I could. Losing early on made me appreciate winning when I could.

The next torch in line is Charlie’s; for each Survivor, a framed picture of him comes adorned with an American flag and a pair of Navy wings. Each Meiji takes the memento and all start to get choked up.

Maria: He was like a father to me out here.

Harriet: Sometimes I wanted to kill him, but I couldn’t do that to him.

Abdullah: He picked me for a reason, and I took as many chances as I could to make him proud.

The camera shows Charlie in several clips, including his immunity wins and his heart attack.

Charlie (voice-over): I came into this game to go as far as I could, and that’s what I did. I hated to go out of the game the way I did, though. I’ll always be the guy who had a heart attack.

The Survivors try to shake off their tears as they arrive at Kevin’s torch.

Abdullah: He could have been a leader.

Harriet: He could have been a contender.

Maria: He was a hell of a good guy, but we all took him for granted.

The camera shows Kevin in several clips, including the goal-scoring reward challenge.

Kevin (voice-over): I’ve learned that you have to take a stand out here and in life. When I took a stand, I stayed alive; when I failed to take a stand, I fell.

The next torch shown is that of Paula.

Maria: When we met up again at the merge, I wanted to choke her, but she grew on me.

Harriet: It was hard not to like Paula after a while.

Abdullah: I can’t argue that; she played her heart out.

The camera shows Paula in several clips, including her time in exile and her frantic attempt to save Charlie.

Paula (voice-over): I’ve always shot first and asked questions later; usually, that gets you ahead in a game like this. I learned you can’t always do that, and I’m a better person for it.

The next torch in line belongs to Billy.

Maria: He was a fun guy; he really was.

Harriet: He lost it at the end, though. Thanks, Maria.

Abdullah: Losing killed him as much as it killed all of us, and I know he didn’t take it well.

The camera shows Billy in several clips, including with his sister and taking the immunity idol.

Billy (voice-over): I did a few things I regret out here, but like everything else, I learned from them. I still intend to be a hard worker and a strong-willed man for the rest of my life.

The last torch is Becky’s; the basketball she brought as a luxury item is there with it.

Harriet: She was our celebrity; now I can say I know one.

Maria: I never actually beat her at basketball, but I couldn’t do that to her anyway.

Abdullah: Voting her out was the hardest vote I made.

The camera shows Becky in several clips, including playing one-on-one and winning immunity twice.

Becky (voice-over): This was completely different from anything I’ve ever done. I can always say I played pro basketball, and that’s a highlight of my life, but this is every bit as much of a highlight.

After passing Becky’s torch, the Survivors come to a tower assembled with the three tribal canoes, puzzle pieces, and the baskets from one of the reward challenges.

Abdullah takes a torch near it and lights it ablaze; slowly, it starts to catch fire, and the camera pans away from it as the flame gets bigger and the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

The camera shows Kitanojima, Day 38. After visiting all fifteen other Survivors’ torches, the Survivors show up for their final challenge.

Jeff: I know it was emotional seeing some of those torches and knowing you had a hand in a lot of their ousters.

Abdullah: It’s harder looking at someone and knowing I couldn’t do anything to keep him around.

Jeff: You’re talking about Charlie, right?

Abdullah: Yes, I was.

Jeff: Well, the rite of passage often times has people that you guys would get worked up over; it’s the nature of the game. I know Charlie was well-liked, and I know a lot of people would think he had a good shot at going all the way.

Maria: Nothing against my two fellow players, but it would be an honor to go to the end with Charlie.

Harriet: I would have said the same.

Jeff: Well, the three of you are here, and even if you got a little bit of luck getting here, it’s no different from any other Survivor getting a stroke of luck.

Abdullah: I guess that’s fair.

Jeff: And just like in seasons past, this is the last and most important immunity challenge. First thing’s first – Abdullah, give it up.

Abdullah hands over the necklace.

Jeff: For the final time, immunity is back up for grabs. Any one of you can win this challenge. Here’s how it works. You each have a perch to stand on that measures four inches by twelve inches, and it’s six inches off the ground. You will stand and hold two katanas, one in each hand, at arm’s length above two vats of water. The vats are designed to be four inches above where your arms are when you reach directly out; if you or your katana touches the water, you’re out. If you fall off your platform or step on the ground, you’re out. If you raise your arms too high, you will be instructed to lower them; if I have to remind you more than twice, you’re out. If you drop a katana, you’re out. The katanas are not heavy or anything; the challenge is to keep your arms extended and hold a position for as long as you can. The last person still standing without breaking the rules wins immunity and is guaranteed a spot in the final two. Also, you get to decide who will go to the final two with you, so if you win, choose wisely. Everyone take your spots.

All three Survivors stand in a short semicircle with platforms that appear to be designed for their heights.

Jeff: Everyone’s in position…the challenge begins in 3, 2, 1…this challenge is on.

None of the Survivors appear to be struggling, but none appear to be talking.

Jeff: How’s everyone holding up?

Abdullah: This is tough.

Jeff: Remember, it comes down to who wants it more and who doesn’t lose their focus. You can talk all you like, but remember what you’re doing up there.

Abdullah: I’ve been at this for what’s probably a minute and it already feels like an hour.

Jeff: I bet it does.

Abdullah: Come up here and join us, Jeff.

Jeff: I’ll pass, but thanks for the offer.

The camera switches to an overview of the three standing in position; the elapsed time is 15 minutes.

Jeff: You’ve all been out here for fifteen minutes. It could go on for hours like this. This is a hard position to hold; how are you holding up?

Harriet: Every part of me hurts.

Maria: The worst part is that the top of my foot itches.

Jeff: You can scratch it on the platform as long as you don’t touch the ground.

Maria: That’s easier said than done.

Jeff: I understand. Abdullah, what about you?

Abdullah: I need this more than ever, but that isn’t making it any easier.

Jeff: Remember, if you don’t win, you need to have a good rapport with whoever does.

The camera switches to an overview of all the Survivors again; the elapsed time is 30 minutes, and Maria appears to be struggling.

Jeff: That’s thirty minutes, guys; remember, you can’t step down and you can’t let your hands fall or your swords. If you do, it’s all over, and you might blow your shot at a million dollars.

Abdullah: I’m doing fine here.

Jeff: Glad to hear it. What about you, Maria?

Maria: I wish there was a way to end this.

Jeff: You can step down.

Maria: I meant a way to end it and win.

Harriet: Hey Abdullah, once Maria’s gone, if you step down, I’ll take you to the final two.

Abdullah: Sure you will.

Harriet: I mean every word of that.

Abdullah: The same way you meant it when you said you didn’t want to take that puzzle?

Harriet: That was an eternity ago; I’ve changed.

Abdullah: Once you’re a liar, you’re a liar for life.

Harriet: Ummm…I’m a recovered liar.

Abdullah: What the hell does that mean?

At this point, a hand splashes in one of the vats. The camera switches up; Maria’s hand is wet.

Jeff: Maria, you touched the water; you’re out. Come join me on the side here.

Maria: Damn. I almost had it.

Jeff: Your fate is in their hands now.

Abdullah: Harriet, if you trust me so much, step down yourself and I’ll take you.

Harriet: You’ve won immunity twice; let me win it.

Abdullah: If you want to go to the final two so bad, step down and I’ll take you.

Harriet: I want to win, and I’m going on.

The camera switches to Abdullah and Harriet still standing; Maria is off to the side with Jeff. The elapsed time is 1 hour.

Jeff: You’ve been in this for a full hour now. Is this still tough?

Harriet: Abdullah, if you want to step down, I’ll take you to the final two.

Maria: Both of you could go on like this all day; just get it done with and vote me out.

Abdullah: It’s not that simple.

Maria: Really. I’m thinking of a number between one and ten.

Abdullah: What the hell are you doing?

Maria: Just pick a number, Abdullah.

Harriet: I’ll take seven.

Abdullah: You’ll do anything to get to the finals.

Harriet: And you won’t?

Abdullah: Only what I have to.

Maria: So pick a number already.

Abdullah: I’m not picking a number.

Harriet: Just pick a number; we’re going to the final two together anyway.

Abdullah: If you want to go to the final with me, you have to earn it.

Harriet: If you want me to win and take Maria, I can do that too.

Abdullah: I offered you a deal, and I don’t know why you haven’t taken it.

Harriet: I offered you the same deal.

Abdullah: OK then. If you want to go to the final two, I’ll step down, but if you vote me out, so help me, you won’t win.

Harriet: I have no intention of voting you out. I don’t stand a chance against Maria.

Maria: I don’t know why you guys say that.

Abdullah: I’ll pick four.

Maria: The answer is two; Harriet, step down.

Harriet: I don’t trust your game; I’ll stay up here.

Maria: Suit yourself.

Abdullah: I hope you enjoy third place.

Harriet: Do you really think you can beat me?

Abdullah: I can stay up here standing on my head.

Harriet: OK then, do it.

Abdullah: I don’t know which is worse, you lying about taking me to the final two or Maria lying about what happened on her reward.

Maria: Nothing happened. Just get over it.

Though some would think otherwise, Maria is still clothed at this point.

Abdullah: So you didn’t kiss your best friend in front of Billy.

Maria: That was a game move.

Abdullah: I’ve never heard of anything like that as a game move.

Maria: You wanted to see it, right?

Abdullah: Not while I’m trying to play a game.

Maria: Sure you don’t.

Harriet: Abdullah, if I step down, take me to the final two, OK?

Abdullah: Go to hell, Harriet.

Harriet: That’s real nice of you. I’m trying to make a deal here.

Abdullah: You refused my deal earlier and you’re begging for it now. I have the upper hand.

Harriet: That’s insane; I could stay up here all day.

Abdullah: Sure you could; how long has it been?

Jeff: One hour and ten minutes.

Abdullah: I don’t hurt at all.

Harriet: Me either.

Maria: What about your feet?

Harriet: What are you trying to do to me?

Abdullah: You’re a samurai; I’m making sure that the samurai come tumbling down.

Harriet: I didn’t mean you.

Maria: I’m with Abdullah on this.

Harriet: What did I ever do to you?

At this point, a hand grazed the water vat.

Both Abdullah and Harriet are still roughly in position; neither appears to have struggled.

Neither one appears to have any significant water on them.

Jeff: Harriet, you grazed the water; you’re out.

Harriet: You cannot be serious.

Jeff: I saw it; the water’s moving and your hand’s wet. Step down. Abdullah, you win immunity; come get it.

Harriet angrily tosses her katanas down while Abdullah joyously runs over to Jeff to get the necklace.

Jeff: Congratulations, Abdullah; you’re in the final two and you have a big decision ahead of you. You have the afternoon to think about it. Head on back to camp.

The camera shows Maria and Harriet’s errors and that Harriet actually did touch the water, though barely; the screen then cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 38. The three remaining members arrive back at camp with Abdullah wearing the immunity necklace.

(confessional) Harriet: I couldn’t hang on in the last challenge, and the game’s probably over for me. I still have a few things left that I can use to convince Abdullah that I should go with him, but I’m not holding out a lot of hope.

Harriet: You realize that, if you take Maria, she has Charlie, Becky, and Paula’s votes, and you have all three of those if you take me.

Abdullah: I don’t really believe I have Paula’s vote; you have that one.

Harriet: Paula was a lot closer to you.

Abdullah: That doesn’t mean we got along.

(confessional) Abdullah: Harriet’s trying to tell me that she doesn’t stand a chance against me, and that Maria would kill me in the final vote. She’s done everything but threaten to take away her vote for me.

Harriet: I can’t think of one person who would vote for me.

Abdullah: I can. Loretta and Billy.

Harriet: I still lose 5-2, though.

Abdullah: Here’s how I look at it. I have Charlie and Becky’s votes, but Loretta goes to you, Kevin’s a wild card, Paula and Billy go to you, and if Maria holds a grudge, she goes to you as well. I could lose 5-2.

Harriet: And if Maria doesn’t hold a grudge and Kevin goes for you, you win.

The camera switches over the Maria talking to Harriet; as she has done throughout the final four, she has left her clothes on.

Maria: I know you’re probably not taking me to the final two, but I still want to try.

Abdullah: I haven’t decided that, so say your peace.

Maria: We have been together since Day 9, and I never forgot that time when you voted for me.

Abdullah: I remember you wanted to know why I did it.

Maria: I did. I hope I learned from it.

Abdullah: My biggest concern in taking you is that you can charm the jury into doing what you want, and your connection with Charlie and Becky is better than mine.

Maria: I doubt that; for one thing, Billy and Kevin don’t trust me, and Loretta’s on your side.

Abdullah: Even if I get all their votes, who else do I have?

Maria: Do you really think Paula’s going to vote for me? She’s a single parent and I’m everything she doesn’t want to have to explain to her kids.

(confessional) Abdullah: I’m starting to feel like I could beat either one of them. On one hand, I have confidence that I can make this decision now; on the other hand, I think that’s exactly what they wanted.

Abdullah: I almost feel safer taking you to the final two. Harriet should have been the first person voted out of the game, and she made it this far. That doesn’t happen on accident.

Maria: So relax. If you take me, I’m the X-rated bimbo; if you take her; she should have been gone first.

Abdullah: Not that I minded the X-rated bimbo.

Maria: I bet you didn’t.

Abdullah: Any chance of seeing the X-rated bimbo again?

Maria: Cool your jets, big boy.

Abdullah: Hey, I’m possibly taking you along with me; I should get something in return.

Maria: Not like that.

Maria leans up to whisper something in Abdullah’s ear; it is not audible or subtitled.

Abdullah: Oh, OK. I understand now.

The camera switches to Tribal Council as the sun sets and turns to a night sky. The three remaining Meiji members walk in and take their seats.

Jeff: We will now bring in the jury…Loretta, Charlie, Kevin, Paula, Billy, and Becky, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

All three take their seats; Charlie is still walking with a cane.

Jeff: So it looks like you have a big decision ahead of you, Abdullah. Have you made up your mind or are you still up in the air?

Abdullah: My mind can be changed, but for the most part, I know who’s going with me.

Jeff: Does this person know?

Abdullah: No, I haven’t told either one.

Harriet: I’m not holding my breath.

Jeff: Why not? You and Abdullah were tribemates for a while.

Harriet: That doesn’t mean anything; Abdullah and Maria were on a tribe together, too.

Jeff: So tribal lines don’t factor in here.

Abdullah: I haven’t thought about it. Maria mentioned it, but I didn’t think much of it.

Jeff: Maria, what are you trying to do to get to the final two?

Maria: Contrary to what you guys want to hear, I kept my clothes on and I intend to do so tomorrow as well. I’ve tried to use my body to get ahead, but right now, I have no intention of doing so.

Jeff: Do you guys believe that?

Harriet: Two words – Hell no.

Abdullah: I believe her.

Jeff: Why do you believe her?

Abdullah: She told me something important.

Jeff: What was that?

Abdullah: I’ll let her say if she wants to; I won’t spill the beans on her.

Maria: I’ll let you guys guess.

Jeff: Wow. Now I’m really curious.

Maria: That’s the idea.

Jeff: That having been said, it’s time to vote. Maria and Harriet, your votes cancel each other out, so you will not vote. Abdullah has immunity; therefore, you cannot vote for him. You can’t vote for yourselves and I don’t imagine you care to. Your can only vote for each other, so Abdullah’s vote will be the only one we need. Abdullah, you can go ahead and vote.

Abdullah gets up to vote; he walks along the path to the voting tribunal. The camera shows Harriet’s face followed by Maria’s; it shows them in shadow behind Abdullah’s walk.

Abdullah arrives and writes down a name; we do not see this name, now do we see his hands while he holds it up. As he speaks, the camera shows his face, Harriet’s face, Maria’s face, and the jury interchangeably.

Abdullah (into vote camera): Maybe I’ll beat you and maybe I won’t. But I’m voting you out because you have the potential to shock the jury and take the focus off of the game I’ve played and beat me for reasons that are outside of the game. You have my respect and you always will, but the decision is mine, and I’ve made it.

Abdullah walks slowly back to his seat; Harriet and Maria sit nervously.

Jeff: I’ll go get the vote.

Jeff walks up and grabs the voting urn, which has only Abdullah’s vote.

Jeff: Once the vote is read, the decision is final; the person voted out will be asked to leave the Tribal Council area immediately. I’ll read the vote.

Jeff opens the voting urn.

The camera switches from Jeff to the three Meiji and back; all three are anxious, including Abdullah.

Jeff is holding the vote in front of him.

Jeff: The sixteenth person voted out of Survivor: Japan…

Jeff unfolds the vote.

He shows it to the Survivors and to the camera.

Jeff: …Harriet. Harriet, you need to bring me your torch.

Harriet has a defeated look on her face as she takes her torch to the holder.

Jeff: Harriet, the tribe has spoken.

Jeff snuffs Harriet’s torch.

Harriet walks away silently.

Harriet (final words): I should have been gone first or second. I didn’t really belong out here, and every day was borrowed time for me. That didn’t mean I didn’t fight every minute of every day and make the most of it. I learned a lot about myself, and even if I didn’t get the million bucks, I gave it everything I had.

The camera shows Abdullah and Maria walking out of Tribal Council as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Meiji, Day 39. Abdullah and Maria begin gathering up all relevant parts of their time on Survivor.

Abdullah: We’re the final two!

Maria: It’s our last day out here.

Abdullah: Will you miss it?

Maria: I’ll miss a lot, but there are a few things I won’t miss.

Abdullah: I won’t miss listening to Harriet and knowing she’s probably lying to me.

Maria: I won’t miss Steve telling me to put my clothes back on. That got old real fast.

Abdullah: I bet. Frankly, he got on my nerves as well.

Maria: So why vote for me instead of him?

Abdullah: I thought he was voting for you, and I was going to let someone else’s vote break the tie. I didn’t want to be on the spot.

Maria: And just who was going to be on the spot?

Abdullah: Probably Charlie, and if he voted out his guy, it would have been a bit uncomfortable for him.

Maria: So you were trying to get Charlie exposed?

Abdullah: I wasn’t sure if I could work with him, so I tried that, and it backfired.

(confessional) Maria: For whatever reason, it’s always bothered me that Abdullah voted for me a while back. Now that I know why he did it, it’s not a big deal.

The camera switches to the two of them still collecting camp artifacts.

Maria: Hey, I just realized something.

Abdullah: What’s that?

Maria: We’re the only two people in the game who were born overseas.

Abdullah: Hey, you’re right. What about Antonio?

Maria: Where was he born?

Abdullah: He never told me. I never really asked.

Maria: He wasn’t born in Spain, was he?

Abdullah: That’s impossible. We’re the only ones from overseas, even if wasn’t born in the U.S.

Maria: No one else was born outside the U.S., I don’t think.

(confessional) Abdullah: I hadn’t thought about it, but Maria’s Serbian and I’m from Iran, and everyone else was born on the continent. So the Americans were all outdone by people from places that have been giving them hell.

Abdullah and Maria take their fire and light the camp artifacts ablaze; after some time, the two are shown getting in their canoe and heading to the last Tribal Council.

As the two final Survivors row toward the last part of the game, each of them begins to give voice-overs along with the jury.

Abdullah (voice-over): I think taking Maria to the final two was a bit of a gamble, but I wouldn’t have done it if I didn’t think it would pay off.

Maria (voice-over): I made a careless mistake at the last challenge, but it didn’t hurt me. If I lose, it won’t be for a lack of sticking my neck out.

Loretta (voice-over): I think I’ve pretty much made up my mind who’s getting my vote, but I’ll ask a question anyway just to see if that person blows it.

Charlie (voice-over): Both the finalists are excellent players, and both deserve to win. Neither can hold a candle to me, of course, but the chips fell so that I’m on the jury and they made it to the final. They earned it.

Kevin (voice-over): I was voted out for being indecisive, so I have to be decisive now. That doesn’t mean that I can’t make my decision right there as I vote.

Paula (voice-over): I almost can’t pick. I met them both at the merge, and both of them were gone as quickly as they came for me.

Billy (voice-over): This vote for me is a referendum on one person; it isn’t a choice between one person or the other.

Becky (voice-over): Maria betrayed me and stabbed me right in the heart right in front of me, but it wouldn’t be an issue if Abdullah had kept his word.

Harriet (voice-over): I never saw myself sitting here on the jury. I always saw myself making it all the way. Having to pick someone else to win it is hard. I can do it and all, but it’s hard.

The two surviving Meiji arrive at Tribal Council; it is night, as usual. Abdullah and Maria take their seats.

Jeff: We will now bring in the jury…Loretta, Charlie, Kevin, Paula, Billy, Becky, and Harriet, voted out at the last Tribal Council.

The camera shows the seven jurors; Becky is in her New York Liberty jersey, Kevin is in a University of Minnesota hockey jersey, and Paula wore a two-piece woman’s business suit.

Jeff: Tonight, the game goes out of the players’ hands. Abdullah and Maria, all you can do is convince the jury to vote for you; the power is in their hands tonight. This is your last Tribal Council and it will decide everything. Here’s how it’s going to work. First, I will give Abdullah the chance to make an opening statement, and then Maria will make a statement. After that, the jury will address each of you separately and have the opportunity to ask a question or make a comment. After all seven jurors have spoken, you will each have the chance to make a closing statement. After that, the jury will vote to crown the winner of Survivor: Japan. Abdullah, as the last immunity winner, you can go first.

Abdullah: I haven’t done anything to make myself infamous, and just like my opponent, I did what I had to in order to make it here. I’m not about to sit up here and tell you guys I’m better than any of you; I got here because of how things went down, and if things had gone down differently, for all I know, two different people would be here and Maria and I would be afterthoughts. It’s no use to ask yourself what could have happened.

Jeff: Maria, your turn.

Maria: I never played the usual game, but I think I had to play a different game. If you play the usual game, you don’t get that far; everyone’s a unique player, including myself. Being naked wasn’t strategy or anything; not being naked at the end was. I focused at the end, and if you don’t focus at the end, you don’t reach the final two. A lot of times, if you do focus, you don’t make it to the end. That’s all; you guys are awesome.

The camera shows Maria and Abdullah sitting anxiously; Abdullah still has the immunity necklace on. The screen then cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Final Tribal Council, Day 39. Abdullah and Maria have given their opening statements; the next step is for the jury to speak.

Jeff: Abdullah and Maria, you’ve spoken; it’s now the jury’s turn. I will call each member of the jury up one by one to make a question or a comment. Charlie, you’re first.

Charlie stands up and walks slowly in front of the jury; he is still walking with a cane.

Charlie: Well guys, you did well. I could see voting for either one of you, but let’s get one thing out in the open, just because I know I need to say it. I’m fine, and the stay in the hospital did me good. The doctors told me that I was never in danger of dying or anything. That said, thanks to everyone who helped me out. Now that I’ve said my peace, I can go on. I don’t have a question for you guys. All I have is a statement. The bottom line is this. I was on a tribe with both of you. I saw you at your best and at your worst. There’s a lot that I’ve seen about you both that I respect and a few things I can’t say that I do. Abdullah, you won three immunities; for that, you have my respect. You won those all after I was out of the game, though, so I didn’t see them firsthand. What I did see firsthand was your refusal to finish a challenge. Maybe it was just one time that you failed. If it is, fine. I can’t argue. I don’t know if you would ever do it again. I know you would tell me you wouldn’t do it again, and that’s fine. If you’re telling the truth, I respect that. Please understand why I have trouble giving you my vote, though. Maria, there’s a lot I like about you, too. If anything, your free-spirited behavior was refreshing. You made me glad I picked you. What I can’t respect was that you did seem to want to throw your free-spirited thoughts, and by that, I mean your naked body, in everyone’s faces.

The camera shows Maria looking shocked.

Charlie: It might have been respectful of you to keep your clothes on while Steve was around. I didn’t care and neither did the rest of the tribe, but I’m a team man, and harmony and cohesiveness is of the highest importance. Using your body just to get ahead is something I look down on as well. I wasn’t there when you kissed your best friend, but I know what happened, and it wasn’t necessary. For that reason, I have trouble giving you my vote. I’ll be listening to the other questions and using them to help me decide who gets my vote.

Jeff: Thanks, Charlie.

Charlie sits back down.

Jeff: Paula, it’s your turn.

Paula gets up and begins to address Abdullah and Maria.

Paula: Well, guys, you earned it. People can sit here and tell you that you don’t deserve to be here; they’re full of s--- and they know it. You deserve to be up here, and you deserve everything that goes with it. You’re here because you’re ready for some hard questions and are ready to tell us why you deserve the million dollars. My question is that simple. I want you to tell me both why you deserve the million dollars and why your opponent doesn’t. It’s that simple. Abdullah, you can go first.

Abdullah: I did what I had to in order to stay in this game. When I needed immunity, I won it, and when I needed to get someone out, I was on it. Actually, if I’m not mistaken, the only person voted out that I didn’t vote for was you and Charlie, at least among those on the jury. As for Maria, remember that she didn’t win a single immunity, and her best game moves were the people she made alliances with, including Charlie and Becky.

Paula: OK, thanks, Abdullah. Maria, same question.

Maria: I know I didn’t win a challenge, but remember that my tribe was always well taken care of, and I had a big hand in that. I was also a difference maker in the vote as well; I controlled the vote toward the end. I can’t say the same for my opponent. He got here because he just didn’t make enemies and he won immunity. He didn’t stick his neck out and he played under the radar. It’s a pretty weak strategy. That’s all.

Jeff: Thanks, Paula.

Paula goes to sit down.

Jeff: Loretta, it’s your turn.

Loretta: Well guys, I have to be honest. I didn’t see either of you in the final two when I got voted off. A lot happened that got you here. What I want to know is how well you understand that. What game move got you as far as you did?

Jeff: Maria, you can take this first.

Maria: The best thing I did was aligning myself with Charlie. By doing that, he did everything he could for me, and I was in with everyone he was in with.

Jeff: Abdullah, your turn.

Abdullah: My best move was realizing I was in it for myself and had to play with the hand I was dealt rather than force other people’s hands. When Steve was voted out, I voted Maria because I thought Steve would do the same and Charlie would have to break the tie. He would have to splinter his own tribe. It didn’t work, and I had to break the tie. I also had to explain my vote endlessly to Maria.

Jeff: Thank you, Loretta.

Loretta sits back down.

Jeff: Kevin, your turn.

Kevin gets up to address the finalists.

Kevin: Both of you are in the running for a million dollars. I don’t know how your financial situation is, and I frankly don’t care. What I want to know is why I should award such a huge amount of money to you? Don’t tell me you’re going to give it all to charity, either; no one comes on this show to give a million dollars to charity. Give some to charity, sure, but not all of it. What are you going to do for yourself and your family?

Jeff: Abdullah, go for it.

Abdullah: I’m the only one of my family here in the U.S., so I hope to get the rest of my family here and out of Iran. After that, assuming I don’t get married, I intend to adopt a child and raise them myself as a single parent.

Jeff: Maria.

Maria: I have family in Serbia that I want to bring home, but I also have a lot that I owe to my best friend. Laura has always let me live with her despite me not being able to pay rent. I want to buy us a house and go back to school.

Jeff: Thanks, Kevin.

Kevin goes and sits back down.

Jeff: Billy, your turn.

Billy gets back up and appears to have a disgusted look on his face.

Billy: No one came out here a perfect player. I know I’m not a perfect person or a perfect player, and I got voted out for losing my focus. There are seven people here who lost for different reasons. The two of you could just as easily have lost if not for a saving move. Abdullah, I want you to tell me how you could be sitting here if Charlie hadn’t picked you for his tribe.

Abdullah: If I stayed on your tribe, we would have started winning, and at the merge, we would have teamed up with another tribe to take out Charlie and Becky. They were just too strong. I would probably have sought a final three with you, me, and Loretta.

Billy: OK, fair enough. That was a hard question. I have one that’s a little more straight-forward for you, Maria. If you kept your clothes on and your tongue out of Laura’s mouth, would you be sitting here?

Maria: Probably. I would have gotten on Charlie’s good side some other way, and I might have had to use some other means to get ahead. As for me and Laura, that just sort of happened; you can’t really explain it.

Billy: I’m going to have to explain that to my sister when I get home. That’s all.

Jeff: Thanks, Billy.

Billy still has an angry look on his face as he sits down.

Jeff: Becky, your turn.

Becky doesn’t appear to have an expression on her face.

Becky: You guys played this game in a heartless, cold, exceedingly logical manner. Abdullah, you tried to force a tie just to splinter your tribe and let Charlie take the blame. You saved yourself at the end by winning immunity; you wouldn’t be up there if I won that final four immunity, and you know it. You pretty much played the game not to offend anyone and thought it would get you far, and it seems to have done so. You never once stuck your neck out. Maria, you flaunted your sexuality. You rode your alliance with Charlie for all it was worth, and you antagonized Paula right along with him. You and your best friend stripped naked, made out, and then you kissed and told all the sordid details of your night together. Yet both of you are here. I have just one thing to say to you guys.

Abdullah and Maria sit with a shocked expression.

Becky: Well done.

The two Survivors smile a little bit.

Becky: Getting this far was a feat. Even if you got a lot of help, and even if I didn’t really care to know all you told me about Laura, you did something right. People might say that, if we ran this game a thousand times, no way would to two of you make it to the final two again. Maybe you would, and maybe you wouldn’t, but even if you guys get bumped off in the first two rounds 99 times out of 100, this seems to be that one other time, and you made the most of it. Like Charlie, I don’t have a question or anything; I’ve decided who’s getting my vote already, but there’s one other speaker left, and what you say to Harriet might change my mind.

Jeff: Thanks, Becky.

Becky goes back to sit down.

Jeff: Harriet, you’re the last one.

Harriet emerges from the back row and stands with a somewhat annoyed look on her face.

Harriet: OK people, forget everything Becky said. Forget everything Charlie said. As far as I’m concerned, my choice is between a lying hypocrite and a quitter. Abdullah, you told me you were taking me and lied. You screwed me over with your action. You complained to no end about what I did in the beginning of the game, and nothing bad ever happened to you; you made it here just fine. I did what I had to do to stay in the game, and you did what you had to in order to…well, I still don’t know why you didn’t take me to the final two. It’s ridiculous. You picked that harlot instead.

The look on Maria’s face is of shock but no apparent disbelief.

Harriet: Don’t think I haven’t forgotten about you either, Maria. You’re a quitter. You pretty much gave up at the end and accepted that you were going to be on the jury, but no, you had to do whatever you did to charm Abdullah into taking you. Plain and simple, Abdullah was dumb for taking you, because we all know no one on this jury’s voting for me. Your strategy consists of trying to show as much skin as possible, if not all of it, and then pretending you’re not going to be a whore despite how you’re dressed.

Maria is in her black bikini and running shoes; since the early parts of the game, she hasn’t worn anything more.

Harriet: So I couldn’t decide between a lying hypocrite and a lying quitter. I couldn’t decide, so I have one last question for the two of you. I brought you each a marker and tablets to write your answers on. Once you have your answer, hand it back over. You are each to write down a number between one and 100. Whoever’s closer gets my vote.

After Harriet hands them out, each person writes down a number; Abdullah hands his back a little more quickly.

Harriet: That’s all.

Jeff: Thanks, Harriet.

Harriet struts back to her seat.

Jeff: Now that the jury has spoken, it’s time for each of the final two to say a closing statement. Maria, you’re first.

Maria: Well, a lot of people call into question my strategy. I hung out with Charlie, I was the only girl on my tribe for a while, and I liked to be naked. A lot of things I’ve heard of people describing as my strategy were not. Being naked was not strategy. My night with Laura was catching up, not strategy. Admittedly, we thought we would have a little fun with that kiss, but it’s not like that was strategy or anything; we were just having fun. My strategy was making sure the spotlight was off of me as far as the vote went. If I thought that taking off my clothes would get me voted out, I wouldn’t have kept doing it. No one’s going to keep doing something they think will get them voted off. That’s all I have to say.

Jeff: Abdullah, you turn.

Abdullah: I started playing the game back when it was men against women. Apart from my early alliance with Waylon, all the people I’ve been aligned with are winners. Take that to mean whatever you will. Everyone on the jury except Billy and Kevin has had an alliance with me. You might think that means you got that far because of me; I think I got this far with your help. I imagine most of you have your decisions made already, so all I have left to say to you guys is this. Thanks for everything. This was an unbelievable experience, and I can’t thank you guys enough.

Jeff: Thanks, Abdullah. Thank you as well, Maria. The voting tonight is a little different. This time, Abdullah and Maria will not vote; all the votes will be cast by the members of the jury. It’s also different in that you want to see your name on that parchment. The jury is voting for a winner. There are seven jurors; therefore, you need at least four votes to win the game. For the final time, it is time to vote. Billy, you’re up first.

Billy gets up to vote; he writes down a name. It is not seen whose name he writes down; his speech is not heard.

The next to get up and vote is Becky, who writes down a name as well. The camera shows her holding up a vote for Maria.

Becky (into vote camera): I respect achievement a lot in this game, but the bottom line is this. Maria, you were a much better teammate.

After Becky votes, next to vote is Kevin; his decision is also not revealed.

The next to vote after Kevin is Charlie; his vote is also for Maria.

Charlie (into vote camera): I have a lot of respect for both of you, but as far as doing what you need to, Maria did more. I sure as hell wouldn’t have kissed another guy…or anyone else, for that matter.

After Charlie sits down, Next to vote is Harriet, who writes down a name that we don’t yet see.

Harriet (into vote camera): Abdullah, I flat-out don’t like you. I don’t like the way you played the game. I don’t like what I saw in you. I flat-out…just hate you.

Harriet holds up her ballot to reveal a vote for Abdullah.

Harriet (into vote camera): Be that as it may, I respect you. Congratulations.

After Harriet votes, the next to vote is Paula; her vote is not revealed.

The last to vote is Loretta; she is seen writing down Abdullah’s name and holding it to the camera.

Loretta (into vote camera): We’re both competitors, and we’ve both been together since early. You were not always on my side, but I would rather be your rival than many people’s ally.

Loretta, the last to vote, goes and sits down. The camera switches to Jeff.

Jeff: I’ll go get the votes.

Jeff goes to grab the votes; the camera shows a nervous Abdullah and Maria as well as a virtually expression-less jury. Finally, Jeff arrives back with the urn.

Jeff: I know it’s been a long time out here to wait for a winner, but the wait will be even longer. The results of this vote will not be revealed until we’re back in the United States.

Jeff walks out of the Tribal Council set via the same path that voted-off contestants took; at the end, he jumps into a boat similar to the one that carried one of the tribes at the beginning of the season. The boat carries him into some dark water while he carries the urn. At this time, the screen cuts to commercial, and the Finale is ended.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Survivor: Japan Reunion Colonel Zoidberg 09-30-06 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-30-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Survivor: Japan Reunion"
LAST EDITED ON 10-02-06 AT 09:13 AM (EST)

Back from commercial.

Survivor: Japan Reunion, Live from Ed Sullivan Theater, New York City, New York. Jeff is shown arriving via a similar boat to the one he rode in on; he docks on Manhattan Island at a loading dock, where a taxi is waiting for him.

Jeff gets into the taxi.

Jeff: Ed Sullivan Theater.

The taxi driver winds through traffic while Jeff waits patiently to arrive. Soon, he arrives, and he hands the driver what appears to be two American bills, one of which is a $20.

Jeff (to the taxi driver): Thanks.

Jeff walks in to the theater carrying the urn to thunderous applause as he walks down one of the aisles, seeing countless audience members. Before Jeff arrives, the camera shows views of Abdullah’s brother, who’s holding up a sign that says “Abdullah is #1” and then of Maria’s best friend, dressed in all white, holding up a sign that says “I (heart) Maria.” Finally, Jeff reaches the stage and sets down the urn.

Jeff: Welcome back, America. It’s been a long journey, and after 39 days, the two finalists had to wait for five months to find out who was the Ultimate Survivor. Now, I want to make sure that none of the jurors have discussed their votes with each other since leaving Japan.

The camera shows the jury, all shaking their heads.

Jeff: That’s good. Now, Abdullah and Maria, you just saw the final up to this point, and you each know you have two votes. Billy, Paula, and Kevin’s votes were not shown. Abdullah, how do you think you did?

Abdullah is wearing a dark gray shirt with a black tie and black slacks; he has a tie bar with an Islamic crescent on it.

Abdullah: I think I got Billy’s vote, but Kevin and Paula went for her.

Jeff: Maria, do you agree with that?

Maria is dressed in the same clothes Laura is, except she’s dressed in all black. Both have on sleeveless tops with medallions and skirts that partially cover their thighs.

Maria: Kevin went for Abdullah, but he got the other two right.

Jeff: So you both have yourselves losing 4-3. We’ll see how that works out. I should remind you what’s at stake here. For the runner-up, you get $100,000. It’s not bad, but the winner gets a lot more. The winner gets a million dollars and a 2008 Buick Rendezvous just like the one Billy won. You also get the title of Ultimate Survivor, which you will share with thirteen others who preceded you.

The camera shows several Survivor winners in the audience, including Jenna Morasca, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Danni Boatwright, and Aras Baskauskus.

Jeff: Remember, you want to see your name on these ballots. There are seven votes in this urn. It takes four votes to win the game. I’ll read the votes.

Jeff reaches into the urn to grab the first vote.

Jeff: First vote…Maria.

About half the audience gives off a deafening cheer for about five seconds; at this time, Jeff gets out another vote.

Jeff: …Maria.

The same audience members cheer again before Jeff can get off “Two votes Maria.”

Jeff: …Abdullah.

A different audience group cheers wildly.

That group of the audience cheers again before Jeff can get off “Two votes Abdullah, two votes Maria.”

Jeff (continuing): There are three votes left. These are the three votes not seen on television. We’ll see them now.

Jeff takes out a fifth vote.

Jeff: …Maria.

The Maria fans cheer loudly again.

The Abdullah fans cheer again. Again, Jeff is almost drowned out when he says, “Three votes Maria, three votes Abdullah. One vote left.”

Jeff: There is one vote left. Whoever has their name on this ballot will win the game of Survivor. This vote represents to $900,000 difference between first and second place. I’ll read the vote.

Jeff takes it out and begins to open it slowly.

He peeks into the vote, and it cannot be seen from the camera angle.

Jeff: The winner of Survivor: Japan…

Jeff grabs the top of the vote.

He begins to turn it around.

The camera quickly shows Abdullah’s brother and Maria’s best friend in a split screen. The left side of the screen shows a caption “Laura Dean: Maria’s best friend” with her hands folded. A silver ring is on her left hand that wasn’t there when she was seen in Episode 13. To the right, the caption reads “Mohammed Ilam: Abdullah’s brother” in a white dress shirt with his hands down. He looks about four years younger than Abdullah.

The camera switches back to Jeff holding the vote.

The name on the vote is not visible at first, and Jeff has to unfold it.

The name on the ballot…

…belongs…

…to Maria.

The camera switches back to Maria leaping for joy into her opponent’s arms as the jury rushes her. The nine castaways voted off before the jury start to enter the stage as well; all of them look significantly different from before, with two being almost unrecognizable.

The camera switches back to Jeff, still holding the winning vote for Maria.

Jeff: So how did this happen anyway? Not since Richard Hatch has a Survivor spent so much time without clothes on and walked away with a million dollars. We’ll tell you all about it when we come back.

The camera zooms back from the stage and the celebrating Survivors as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Survivor: Japan Reunion, New York City. As the camera pans to the stage close up, the Survivors are seated in order of how they finished, with first-off Waylon at the top left and Maria, the newly-crowned winner, closest to Jeff at the bottom right.

Jeff: We’re live at the Survivor: Japan reunion, where Maria Savovic, the free-spirited Serbian, has been crowned the winner of this season. So Maria, were you expecting this?

Maria: No. I thought I was sunk once Harriet voted for Abdullah; I was counting on her vote.

Jeff: Just out of curiosity, by a show of hands, who on the jury voted for Maria?

Becky and Charlie raise their hands, as do Kevin and Paula.

Jeff: So Abdullah, you had Kevin and Paula voting for Maria and Billy voting for you. It looks like you were right. Is that any consolation?

Abdullah: I didn’t expect to win. I came in here wondering how I was going to spend my $100,000.

Jeff: You didn’t think you were going to win?

Abdullah: The only votes I thought I had before tonight were Billy and Loretta; even with Harriet’s vote, I wouldn’t have enough.

Jeff: Maria, besides Kevin’s vote, was there any vote you thought you didn’t have?

Maria: I thought I didn’t have Becky’s vote. I thought there was no way she was voting for me after I cut her loose at the final four.

Jeff: Becky, did that cross your mind?

Becky: It did, but I tried to do the same to her, so I couldn’t deny her my vote just based on her getting me out.

Jeff: So you came in thinking you had $100,000. Now you have a million dollars. How much do you need this money?

Maria: Like you wouldn’t believe. I have about $40,000 in student debts, and I still don’t have a degree I can use. I’ve lived off the generosity of my best friend, and now I can return the favor. I’m using this money to buy us a house.

Jeff: Us? As in you and Laura?

Maria: That’s absolutely right.

Jeff: Now, there’s been a lot of speculation about what happened with you and Laura on that reward, and there’s been a lot of speculation on your current status with Laura. First off, what happened that night?

Maria: It’s not really appropriate for national TV. Suffice it to say, after that night, I knew our friendship would never be the same.

Jeff: So all the rumors about you and Laura being a couple—

Maria: All of them are true. We bought matching rings, we got matching tattoos, and ever since I got back to America, we’ve been a happy couple.

Jeff: Now, on the reward, you made a point of saying several times that you were not gay—

Maria: I’m not gay. I would date a guy if not for being with Laura. I dated guys before, and neither of us has any problem telling the other if we think a guy is cute. At the end of the day, Laura and I are madly in love, and that’s all there is.

Jeff: I have to ask this, too – what was with you and Laura kissing at the reward?

Maria: After the night before, we had an idea. By that time, neither she nor I had any problem kissing another woman, so we thought it might be fun to make out in front of Billy and his sister just to see how they would react.

Jeff: So what did you think of their reaction?

Maria: I don’t know; by the time we got started, I forgot to look at them because I remembered what an awesome kisser Laura is.

The camera shows Laura in the front row of the audience; a staff member hands her a microphone.

Jeff: Laura, I have to ask. What’s it been like since that happened, and what’s it been like since that episode was shown on TV?

Laura: It’s been interesting. My parents called and asked what the hell I was thinking, but then I had a guy friend tell me he liked what he saw. Of course he did. He asked me to come over with Maria, take my clothes off, and do the same thing.

Jeff: Did you?

Laura: What am I, some sort of exhibitionist?

Jeff: I don’t know; you did make out with your best friend on national TV.

Laura: OK, good point. It was my idea.

Jeff: Was it your idea for Maria to spend so much time naked?

Laura: The naked thing is Maria’s all the way; she got me started in college, and now that we live together, we spend all our time at home naked. She did all that on the island on her own, though. I was amazed she did it around those other guys so freely, though.

Jeff: Maria, you did say you always did that around other women.

Maria: I did. I didn’t strip for guys or anything; I just felt more at home being naked around other women.

Jeff: Steve, I know you didn’t take too kindly to it while you were out there. Was there anyone else out there who had an issue with it?

Steve: Absolutely. No one wanted to see it, not just me. I was getting married, Kevin was already married, and even Abdullah—

Kevin: I never said anything about it; you’re making that up. Yes, I’m married, and yes, I was asked about it at home when the episodes aired, but I told my wife and kids I didn’t have anything to do with it, and that was all there was to it.

Abdullah: I’m with Kevin. No one except Steve asked Maria to put her clothes back on—

Steve: That should have been enough. I didn’t want to see that.

Abdullah: I didn’t want to hear you whine about it; did I have the right to tell you to shut up?

Steve: No, you don’t have that right.

Abdullah: Then what right do you have to tell Maria to put her clothes back on when there was no rule against being naked?

Steve: It offended me, and it degraded her.

Abdullah: Maria, did you feel degraded?

Maria: If I did, would I have done it?

Jeff: Steve, your new wife revealed she was actually a fan of Maria’s. Does that affect your perception of her?

Steve: Shannon has the right to talk to whomever she pleases. I didn’t talk to Maria over the phone, but Shannon did, and I went in the other room.

Jeff: Maria, what’s Shannon like?

Maria: What it is she sees in Steve is beyond me. They are polar opposites. She told me that Steve asks for permission to do just about everything.

Jeff: Steve, is that true?

Steve: If I want to do something, I have no problem asking her for permission.

Jeff: Does she ask you?

Steve: No, and I wouldn’t ask her to.

Jeff: Does she still talk to Maria?

Steve: She still does, and it’s probably going to continue.

Jeff: So it looks like a friendship started here through two enemies.

The camera focuses up close on Jeff.

Jeff: Well, coming up after the break, we take a closer look at Becky Hammon, one of several professional athletes to play Survivor, along with one Survivor’s incredible transformation since the show. Stay tuned to the Survivor reunion.

The camera zooms out from the stage and the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Live, Ed Sullivan Theater, New York City.

Jeff: We’re back at the Survivor Reunion, where Maria Savovic has just won a million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor for this season. Now, in seasons past, we have had players go from professional athlete to Survivor. Ethan Zohn won the third season of Survivor, and Gary Hogeboom hid his identity from the Guatemala cast. Becky, did the thought of hiding your identity ever cross your mind?

Becky: It did, and I tried to dodge the subject early on. I didn’t really have a good lie to use, so when it came time to join the Minamoto tribe, I decided to let everyone know who I am. Besides, I had a basketball as my luxury item.

Jeff: Do a lot more people recognize you in the street now?

Becky: I could go down the street before and not be recognized; that’s impossible now. The only people who knew who I was before the show were women’s basketball fans. Now, and this is moreso because I made the final four, I have what feels like half the city of New York rooting for me. I was the hometown girl going as far as I could.

Jeff: Was the one-on-one out on the island just a means of staying sharp at the game? Did anyone ask you to do that?

Becky: I did that all on my own. No one asked me to play one-on-one.

Jeff: Did anyone actually beat you?

Becky: Nope. I’m still undefeated against fellow Survivors. Paula came close, but I got ten baskets to her seven.

Jeff: Now, a lot of people have wondered who exactly you are in the WNBA. You did just come off of two consecutive All-Star seasons, right?

Becky: I’ve made two All-Star games in a row, and we won both of them. I still haven’t gotten what I want most, which is a WNBA championship, but I have a few good years left in me.

The camera shows about a minute of New York Liberty highlights featuring Becky; a couple of clips show her in her two All-Star games.

Jeff: How was this game like playing for the Liberty?

Becky: Early on, the similarities were there; it was all about being part of a team. I didn’t want to be the leader or anything, and I never had to. I was always on a tribe with either Charlie or Paula, and both of them are natural leaders. Once Paula was out, that’s when it started to fall on me.

Jeff: Was that because you won those immunities?

Becky: My plan at that point was to win immunity. I knew people would see me as a threat, so I got that immunity right after Paula was gone because I needed it.

Jeff: For the final three, you guys voted out Becky the first time you could once Paula was gone. Was she pretty much gone once she lost immunity?

Harriet: I was going after her, but I knew it was her or me.

Jeff: Maria, you switched your vote to get Becky out.

Becky: Remember, that was after I tried to get Maria out. It was my own overcautiousness that cost me. If I had just trusted my ability to win the final challenge, Maria would have been gone.

Jeff: Harriet, is that true?

Harriet: I didn’t care; I would have gotten Maria out.

Jeff: Abdullah, would you have flipped?

Abdullah: If Becky and Harriet switched to voting Maria, I would have done the same.

Jeff: So Maria, it was Becky that won you the game.

Maria: It was. Thanks for the million bucks, Becky.

Becky: Anytime.

Jeff: Abdullah, you had a pretty good shot in the end as well. You won the last two immunities and three of the last four.

Abdullah: That didn’t help me win the final vote. It got me there, but you can’t win the game just on immunity.

Jeff: You also didn’t have a single vote cast against you the entire game.

Abdullah: No, I didn’t. At the same time, what’s to say Harriet wouldn’t try to get me out in the first week?

Jeff: If Harriet had gone after you, would you be sitting up where Waylon is?

Harriet: Not likely. No one would have gone for getting rid of Abdullah, and I’d be up where Waylon is.

Jeff: So getting Waylon out was calculated.

Harriet: Of course it was.

Jeff: You were the biggest liar this show has seen in a long time.

Harriet: I lied constantly; I admit it. Everyone lies; I’m just more open about it. The way I see it, if I didn’t lie, I would have been the first one voted out.

Jeff: So the lying was all about self-preservation.

Harriet: For the first three weeks, it was all about self-preservation. I had to lie to get Waylon and Tara out instead of me, and I had to get a bunch of people together to vote out Elaine.

Jeff: What about the next vote? You said you had no problem lying to get Rachel out.

Harriet: At the time, I didn’t. Getting her out was what we had to do for our sanity. If I had to pretend we had a women’s alliance to do it, I did.

Jeff: After that, what was it?

Harriet: After that, people realized I was tough and they didn’t want to cross me. I was voted out when no one could stop Abdullah from doing it. Until he wrote my name down, I thought the million bucks was mine.

Jeff: Abdullah, was there a reason you kept Maria?

Abdullah: I thought I could beat either one, but I lost it in front of the jury. I didn’t want Harriet to have a shot, partially because I hadn’t forgotten her lying earlier and partially because I thought she could pull together a story to get the jury’s favor.

Jeff: So for everyone on the jury, and this would mean you as well, Maria, who would have voted for Abdullah if Harriet were in the final two?

Maria, Becky, Paula, Kevin, and Charlie all raise their hands.

Jeff: So you could have won the game if you had voted Maria off.

Abdullah: I didn’t see it that way then.

Jeff: Fair enough.

The camera focuses again on Jeff.

Jeff: We have a lot more to talk about at the Survivor reunion; we still have to talk about one Survivor’s incredible post-show transformation as well as a real life-and-death situation involving one Survivor who could possibly have won the game. Stay tuned.

The camera pans out from the stage as the screen cuts to commercial.

Back from commercial.

Jeff: We’re back at the Survivor Reunion, where we have a lot to talk about. We’ve crowned a champion, but I want to talk to one of our castaways who didn’t get as far in the game. First, let’s see a few clips of some of this castaway.

The camera switches to some early-season Survivor footage.

Rachel (to Paula): What? Just because we’re the youngest, we go find water?

Paula: Do you have a better idea? The fact is, we need water here. Would you rather build shelter or start a fire?

Rachel (storming away and handing the water map to Catharine): Here, you make sense of this; I’m tired.

Catharine rolls her eyes at Rachel and walks over to Tara.

The camera shows another clip.

Paula (shouting at Rachel): You do no work! You are completely useless!

Rachel: Will you get off my case? I’m trying to go through detox here!

Paula: I don’t care; you can detox while you help rebuild this shelter!

Rachel: All you ever do is work! You’re just sitting around here creating tasks for us! We don’t need a nicer shelter; we need our energy for challenges!

Paula: I’ve been working non-stop here and I did way better in the last challenge than you!

The camera shows one last clip.

Billy (to Jason): She’s gone!

Jason: And it can’t come soon enough.

Billy: I just hope they don’t bring her back.

Jason: It’s hard enough living with her even if it’s not out here. She’s like a roommate who doesn’t pay rent and leaves pizza boxes lying everywhere.

Billy: I’d like to meet the guy crazy enough to marry her.

Jason: Scary that there is one.

The camera focuses again on Rachel, who looks nothing like what she did on the show and appears extremely embarrassed.

Jeff: So Rachel, what were you expecting when you came on the show?

Rachel: I didn’t think it would be nearly as hard as it was. I figured, hey, I’m young and invincible, and I can do anything. At least I could get other people to do it for me and ride them.

Jeff: Was not doing any work part of your strategy?

Rachel: My strategy was to sit around camp and convince other people to do the work while I saved myself for challenges. I really had it out for everyone else, especially the boys.

Jeff: Was the women’s alliance just an attempt to get the boys out?

Rachel: If we got the boys to a numbers disadvantage, we could run the game. They would do all the work while we sat back and voted them out, one by one.

Jeff: No one on your tribe went for it, though.

Rachel: I guess not. I was shocked when I found out about my tribe wanting to throw a challenge to get rid of me. No one told me at the lodge.

Jeff: What was it like at the lodge?

Rachel: After I got voted out, the next four weeks were one of the loneliest times of my life. No one would talk to me after a while. All I wanted to do was get home to my husband and my life.

Jeff: What happened when you got home?

Rachel: My husband left me while I was on the show. He left me a note telling me I was a control freak and I mentally abused him. It was hard to take, but he was right. I had so many rules and stuff that he had to follow, and I basically did nothing at home. He had to earn the money, he had to cook, he had to maintain the house while I sat around and drank champagne and smoked cigarettes. When I found that note, I was furious, but I started realizing that I had to do things differently.

Jeff: Now, on the show, you kept saying you were going through detox and you were trying to get off cigarettes.

Rachel: Before the show, I smoked four packs a day. I went right back to it after I got voted off. But it’s been a long time, and I’m pleased to announce I’m no longer a smoker!

Jeff: So you gave up smoking again after coming home?

Rachel: I did. I also got my high school diploma, got a job, and got my own place. I’m turning my life around. I even have a boyfriend now.

Jeff: Is he here?

Rachel: He couldn’t make it.

Jeff: Harriet, I know it was hard to live with Rachel at camp. Was that the first time in the game people actually approved of you deceiving someone to get them out?

Harriet: That was the turning point for me. I wasn’t saving my skin anymore; I was making myself look good.

Jeff: You played perhaps the most devious game ever.

Harriet: What else was I going to do? If I go up to the guys in the first week and say, “Hey, I screwed up; it’s my responsibility,” then I get voted out. My only chance was to lie.

Jeff: Abdullah, you were one of Harriet’s most vocal critics. Was it her history of lying that caused you to vote her out?

Abdullah: I thought I had the game won until the night of the last vote no matter who my opponent was. I wanted to make sure Harriet didn’t win a million dollars.

Jeff: What do you say to that, Harriet?

Harriet: Well, he thought he had it won, and he didn’t.

Jeff: Waylon, you were Harriet’s first victim. What happened?

Waylon: I thought I was safe. I thought for sure that Harriet was going home. I talked to Billy and Tara about getting Harriet out, but obviously she made a better pitch than I did. If I had been a little more on the ball, I might have stayed, but for now, I’ve decided to stick with my horses.

Jeff: You entered a horse in this year’s Kentucky Derby, right?

Waylon: I named the horse after Harriet. I called him Texas Copperhead. He’s a bit of a long shot.

Jeff: Any plans for more Derby horses?

Waylon: I have one who’s going next year.

Jeff: We wish you the best of luck with those horses.

The camera focuses on Jeff again.

Jeff: When we return, we had a real life and death situation on the island. We’ll talk with Charlie about what it’s been like since that happened.

Back from commercial.

Jeff: We’re back at the Survivor reunion, where we’re concluding one of the most heart-wrenching seasons on record. We had a retired Navy captain who seemed like he might take his place as one of the best Survivor players ever, but he never got the chance. Charlie, you were never voted out, no one ever voted against you, and you never lost an immunity challenge. The only time you went to Tribal Council without immunity was after a challenge in which you didn’t participate. Do you think you could have gone all the way?

Charlie: I couldn’t have gone too far just by winning immunity. I had a solid support system, though, so even if I had a target on my back, I had people who had my back as well.

Jeff: Being a leader seemed to carry a lot of controversy for a while. Let’s take a look.

The camera shows some mid-season footage.

Paula: Princess? I could only dream of being a princess! You have no idea what I go through every day of my life!

Charlie: Well, maybe I do!

Paula: I doubt that!

Charlie: Try me, why don’t you!

Paula (shouting at Charlie): I work hard every day of my life without stopping! You don’t know what it’s like! You can’t say s--- to me!

Charlie (shouting back): You don’t know a damn thing about me! I work every bit as hard as you, and I don’t need you s---!

The camera focuses on Charlie and Paula, who are sitting diagonally from one another.

Jeff: I think it’s safe to say there was no love lost between the two of you at first.

Paula: Charlie came off to me at first as a chauvinist pig who thought people should just listen to him because he was in the Navy. I’m a single parent and I don’t take too well to being ordered around.

Jeff: Charlie’s a single parent, too.

Paula: I didn’t see it that way at the time.

Jeff: Kevin, you were the one who broke the story to Paula about Charlie’s status as a single parent.

Kevin: I was. It was hard for me; part of me wanted to shut up and keep my nose out of it, but I didn’t want to see any more fighting. It was ridiculous, I thought. Now that I know Charlie was going to have a heart attack, I’m glad I said what I said.

Jeff: Paula, you gave up a reward to Charlie after you learned what happened with him and his wife. The price for that was two nights in exile. What was it like in exile?

Paula: It was the worst two nights of my life. I took it because I knew I couldn’t enjoy that reward when I was turning Charlie and his alliance against me. I couldn’t beat him, so I decided that the best thing for me to do was to befriend him.

Jeff: Befriend him you did. You were the one who was taking care of Charlie when he had his heart attack.

Paula: You saw how hard that was on me. By that point, Charlie and I had connected, and I saw why he was so popular among the other castaways.

Jeff: Well, you’re not the first to give up a reward as a sacrifice, but you gave up more than anyone else did. Back in All-Stars, Boston Rob gave up a video from home so four others could have letters; in Guatemala, Jamie sacrificed a meal so that other people could have better meals at a reward. Like Jamie, you made a sacrifice as a means of setting things right.

Paula: The decision for me was clear once Kevin told me about Charlie.

Jeff: Was it pre-meditated in any way, or did you just decide to do it after you won and Charlie lost?

Paula: I knew I had to do something for him, and the circumstances to do so were perfect.

Jeff: Charlie, when you were taken out of the game, what did you think was going on?

Charlie: I didn’t know, but I knew it wasn’t good. I was sweating like crazy, I had chest pain like never before…I thought maybe I got a parasite or something.

Jeff: Well, some people at camp thought it was heat stroke.

Charlie: I knew it wasn’t that.

Jeff: If it were heat stroke, you would have stopped sweating after a while.

Charlie: I didn’t stop sweating for some time, and I didn’t start feeling any better until back at the hospital.

Jeff: What the viewers don’t know is that, while Charlie was in the hospital, we flew his son in to see him. When Derek showed up, he thought his dad made it far enough for the family reward, but he was a few days early for that.

The camera shows Derek Forrest in the front row of the audience; he’s dressed in a University of Michigan sweatshirt.

Derek picks up a microphone.

Jeff: Derek, what was going on in your head when your dad was in the hospital?

Derek: I got every assurance from the hospital staff that Dad was OK, but until they released him, I was a wreck. I was almost in worse shape after a while than Dad was.

Jeff: Now, your dad moved to Tennessee a couple of months ago. Is there anything going on with him and Paula?

Derek: Dad and Paula went on a couple of dates, I heard, but she’s in Chattanooga and he moved to Nashville. He went where there was a job in Tennessee, but he did want to be near Paula. Her kids love him, and he watches them when he can.

Jeff: Charlie, when people saw the episode where you had your heart attack, did people start treating you differently?

Charlie: I started my job as a mechanical engineer four months ago, and at first, my boss rode me like I was a working mule. He yelled at me for taking a day off when I had the stomach flu, and he got on my case for not staying after to work. Then he saw the heart attack episode, and he was the nicest guy in the world after that.

Jeff: Billy, you were a lot like that as well when Charlie had his heart attack.

Billy: Don’t remind me, Jeff.

Jeff: Well, I have to remind America.

The camera switches to footage of the episode in which Charlie was taken from the game.

Paula (shouting): Hey, can we get some water here?

Billy: Get it yourself!

Paula: I’m serious here! Charlie’s sick!

Billy: Well, if it’s for Charlie, then he can get it!

Paula gets up to walk over to Billy.

Paula: I don’t know what the hell your problem is, but get your act together and let’s get Charlie some water! I think he’s dehydrated!

Billy: Well, it’s not my damn fault he doesn’t drink enough water! What do you people want from me?

Paula: How about a little respect for your fellow contestant?

Billy: Maybe if you shut the hell up, I will.

The camera shows Billy covering his face.

Jeff: What the hell was going through your mind at that time?

Billy: I thought it wasn’t serious. I really did. I thought Paula was just trying to shut me and Kevin up, and I wasn’t going for it. When I saw Charlie being taken by the medics, I wanted to go find a rock and crawl under it for the rest of my life.

Jeff: After you apologized, the tribe seemed to be pretty forgiving.

Billy: Kevin was good about it, and I’m glad he was, but I’ve thought about it a lot since then. Paula said some things she regretted, and she made it up to Charlie. I’ve felt like I need to do the same, so I talked it over with the production staff, and I talked it over with Charlie. I haven’t touched the car I won in the reward because I’m giving it to Paula.

Paula’s jaw drops immediately and she wraps her arms around Billy, burying her face in his shoulder.

Jeff: Paula, did you have any idea he wanted to do this?

Paula (holding back tears): I had no idea. Billy, you’re a guardian angel, and my kids and I thank you tremendously for this. Are you sure this is what you want to do?

Billy: I’ve never wanted anything more.

Jeff: Did anyone have any idea this was happening?

Only Charlie raises his hand.

Jeff: Charlie, what did Billy tell you?

Charlie: He told me he wanted to give the car to me, but I talked him out of it. I have a car that serves my needs, and Paula’s car was a lot older than mine. She needed it more than I did.

Jeff: It looks like everything’s come together here.

Jeff: When we return, we’ll answer the rest of the important questions, and we’ll tell you where Survivor’s headed next. Stay tuned; we’ll be right back.

Back from commercial.

Jeff: We’re back at the Survivor reunion, where Billy Duster has surprised everyone by giving the car he won to Paula. Billy, are you still sure that’s what you want to do?

Billy: I’ve known it since I left the show that I wasn’t keeping that car.

Jeff: Paula gave up Buffalo wings and French fries to Charlie to atone for some comments she made; you just gave up a new car. This definitely qualifies as the biggest sacrifice ever made in the show’s history.

Billy: I’m completely satisfied with my decision. I want Paula to have it.

Jeff: Paula, how big is this for you?

Paula: I was praying that I won enough money here for a new car because my car was about to give out; this is better than I could have asked for.

Jeff: A lot of big decisions have been made here tonight, but Kevin, your downfall was your problem with making decisions. What was going through your mind? Why didn’t you pick a side and go with it?

Kevin: I was too busy deciding which side was better for me, and I couldn’t decide.

Jeff: Becky, if Kevin had told you he was with you, was that good enough?

Becky: That was good enough for me.

Jeff: Paula, Abdullah, do you agree with that?

Both indicate they do.

Jeff: What about you, Harriet? Is that all you needed was just for Kevin to say he was with you?

Harriet: Even if it wasn’t true, it was good enough for me.

Jeff: Loretta, you were pretty good early on in challenges. Were you just outdone by tough competition?

Loretta: I held my own early on, but I couldn’t compete with Charlie and Becky. It takes someone far better at these things than I am. Frankly, I felt a little overrated for some time because even Maria was doing better than me in challenges.

Jeff: Another thing you had to give up to come on the show was your job. You used to be an undercover cop, but you’re too recognizable now.

Loretta: I had to move to a desk job. It wasn’t like I wasn’t open to the move; I was thinking about going to an office job anyway. The drug busts I used to do were starting to wear on me.

Jeff: Jason, you were the most unhappy person on the show after the tribe switch. What was going through your mind?

Jason: I felt like my camp was being invaded, and I knew that, after Rachel left, I was gone. For a while, Billy and I had an alliance, but by the merge, we flat-out hated each other.

Jeff: Is there still any animosity between you and your tribe?

Jason: I haven’t talked to them since production ended, but I’m over it. I wanted to kill Billy for getting me out of that challenge, but now I think it was brilliant.

Jeff: Antonio, you were the oldest Survivor out here. Was the game tough on you?

Antonio: I was always on good tribes, and I lost at the wrong time. I thought I had that fire built, but Becky beat me.

Jeff: If you had won that challenge, who was going with you to the merge?

Antonio: Don’t ask me that question.

Jeff: Oh, come on.

Antonio: OK, if you insist. It was probably Paula.

Jeff: Danny, you were voted out right before the merge for a bad challenge performance. Usually, people are scared of people who do well in challenges.

Danny: I thought I had it, but I just lost my grip. I was really uncomfortable up there, and pretty soon, I couldn’t take it anymore. Part of it is that I can’t kneel for any length of time.

Jeff: So why go up there?

Danny: I thought I could tough it out; besides, it was me or Becky for kneeling, and I wasn’t sure about having Becky up there. She was better at the puzzles.

Jeff: Catharine, you looked like someone who was going all the way. What caused your sudden downfall?

Catharine: Becky and Paula got to Antonio before Danny and I did. If I had it to do over, I would have a better relationship with Antonio.

Jeff: What was your motivation for talking Paula into taking a day off?

Catharine: I wanted her to be rested. I was afraid she was just going to lose it out there. She never had any fun, it seemed like.

Jeff: Elaine, what were you thinking when you drank the unboiled water?

Elaine: It was either I drink that water or I go thirsty, and I didn’t think anything bad was going to happen. It didn’t, so it paid off.

Jeff: If we hadn’t pulled that tribe switch, would you have gone farther?

Elaine: What, my tribe wanted to vote me out? I don’t think so. The first person gone after we lost a challenge was probably Steve.

Jeff: Tara, you came in as this game theory expert. You went down pretty hard.

Tara: I tried to apply game theory out there, but I laid it on too soon. I should have been more personable and less of a know-it-all.

Jeff: If your tribe had won one of those early challenges, do you think the game theory would have worked better?

Tara: Absolutely. My strategy worked really well for later in the game, but I never got that chance.

Jeff: Thanks for a great season, everyone; there were a lot of firsts, and as much as I hope nothing ever happens again like what happened to Charlie, you guys really came through for him.

Jeff: Now that Survivor: Japan is at an end, I’d like to take the opportunity to tell everyone where Survivor is headed next.

The camera shows a screen of some lush islands and blue sea; the water appears relatively undisturbed.

Jeff: In a sea of islands rich in history and natural beauty, the Tuamotus Islands are among the most mysterious islands on the globe. It is here that a group of Americans will begin the adventure of a lifetime. This time, however, the Survivors will already be familiar with the game, as we’re bringing back a group of twenty all-stars to play the game one more time. In a land known for conflict among the great powers of the world, the great powers of the game will again have to find food, boil water, build shelter, and survive the elements as well as each other. Just as before, every three days, one will be eliminated in the ritual of Tribal Council. The Survivors will see some all-new twists and some never-before-seen situations that will test them in new ways as well as force them to learn from past mistakes. Join us in February for Survivor: All-Stars 2.

The camera shows a Survivor logo that has stars, fireworks, and a striking similarity to the original Survivor: All-Stars logo except it is red in color instead of blue.

Jeff: Remember to tune in tomorrow to the Early show, where Maria Savovic will join us and receive her million-dollar check. Also remember to go online to cbs.com and take a look at the Survivor online auction. All items up for sale are straight out of the Survivor: Japan season, with some appearing at camps and some at challenges or Tribal Council. All proceeds from the auction go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

The camera changes to a different view of Jeff that includes all the Survivors.

Jeff: Again, I want to thank all the Survivors for a great season; I want to thank all the loved ones for helping the Survivors make this possible. A big thanks to the production crew and to everyone involved in this season, and we hope to have everyone back for Survivor: All-Stars 2 in the fall. From New York City for CBS and Mark Burnett, goodnight, America!

The camera zooms away from the stage as the credits begin to roll. The audience gives a standing ovation as loved ones mob the stage to reach their Survivors. A faint glimpse of Julie from Vanuatu going for Jeff is seen in the background as many stations begin to show previews of their late local news programs.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •