The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 8129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-06, 01:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 07:02 AM (EST)

Survivor, two members of this board were creating their own fictional Survivor seasons. For those of you just rejoining us who would like a fun read, here are links to all of the episodes written so far for each:

Estee: Survivor: The Society Islands
This fanfic provides a contestant's view of the during and after, along with the Internet's view of events. Unique ... and wonderful.
Prologue
Episode 1: We Just Met...
Episode 2: I Don't Believe in Prophecy
Episode 3: He Said He Heard Something...
Episode 4: What If He Doesn't Come Back?
Episode 5: Why Are You Carrying a Gun?
Episode 6: I'll Go Pack
Recap: I'm Not Very Good at 'Hope'
Episode 7: Let's Just Pretend This Isn't Horribly Awkward

Colonel Zoidberg: Survivor: Japan
A "normal" fanfic, presenting the events as they are in the show. Much more dialog-oriented.
Episode 1: What Are They Trying to Do, Make Us Lazy?
Episode 2: If They Have A Problem With It, They Can Look Elsewhere
Episode 3: You Have to Learn to Beat Me
Episode 4: Do You Ever Lose at This Game?
Episode 5: I Just Hope I Don't Get Bored Without Someone to Vote Off
Episode 6: Have You Smelled Yourself Lately?
Episode 7: Oh, Every Challenge Is the Most Important Ever
Episode 8: You People Will Pry My Red Buff off of My Cold, Dead Body
Episode 9: I Wish People Ate Chicken With Breakfast
Episode 10: Wow, I've Seen Everything

More to come from both series....

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic jbug 08-31-06 1
   Book form? Estee 09-01-06 2
 RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic jbug 09-02-06 3
   RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic AyaK 09-02-06 4
       RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic jbug 09-04-06 5
 RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic kingfish 09-05-06 6
   RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic AyaK 09-06-06 7
 Another Zoidberg episode AyaK 09-13-06 8
   RE: Another Zoidberg episode Estee 09-13-06 9
       RE: Another Zoidberg episode rasslinmomma 09-13-06 10
       RE: Another Zoidberg episode AyaK 09-13-06 11
           RE: Another Zoidberg episode Estee 09-13-06 12
           RE: Another Zoidberg episode Colonel Zoidberg 09-13-06 13
               RE: Another Zoidberg episode Estee 09-13-06 14
                   RE: Another Zoidberg episode Colonel Zoidberg 09-14-06 15
                       RE: Another Zoidberg episode Estee 09-14-06 16
                           RE: Another Zoidberg episode Colonel Zoidberg 09-14-06 17
       RE: Another Zoidberg episode jbug 09-15-06 19
   RE: Another Zoidberg episode Colonel Zoidberg 10-02-06 21
 RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic haja 09-14-06 18
 RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic Colonel Zoidberg 09-25-06 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jbug 12676 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-06, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
I found this only a few days ago and I can't get away from the computer!! This is great!
Thanks to Estee and anyone else who had a hand in this.
You know it's going to make watching the new season tough without all the "inside" iinformation!!! LOL
Can I get this in book form??
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 44384 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Book form?"
Umm... I think the word 'never' is a good one here. No publisher is going to take on something with maximum sales of, just guessing on this, two people, while every lawyer in the world would be glad to handle the ensuing suit... And with the price of printer ink, it's a really expensive home job to create a personal copy. You're probably better off leaving it on the screen.

09-02-06, 10:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
I need some help here! I found a link to the Society Islands Ep 7 and can't find the rest! Please don't tell me the story isn't finished!

I haven't started reading the Japan one yet.

I quoted the full thread where I found this to start with hoping someone out there can help me find the rest!
Thanks Bunches.
(Maybe I can get this all read before the new season starts on THursday!

>LAST EDITED ON 08-28-06
>AT 01:14 AM (EST)

>
>While Mark Burnett was busy filming
>his racially-split Survivor, two members
>of this board were creating
>their own fictional Survivor seasons.
> For those of you
>just rejoining us who would
>like a fun read, here
>are links to all of
>the episodes written so far
>for each:
>
>Estee: Survivor: The Society Islands
>This fanfic provides a contestant's view
>of the during and after,
>along with the Internet's view
>of events. Unique ...
>and wonderful.
>Prologue
>Episode 1: We Just Met...
>Episode 2: I Don't Believe in >Prophecy>
>
Episode 3: He Said He Heard >Something...>
>
Episode 4: What If He Doesn't >Come Back?>
>
Episode 5: Why Are You Carrying >a Gun?>
>
Episode 6: I'll Go Pack
>Recap: I'm Not Very Good at >'Hope'>
>
>Colonel Zoidberg: Survivor: Japan
>A "normal" fanfic, presenting the events
>as they are in the
>show. Much more dialog-oriented.
>
>
Episode 1: What Are They Trying >to Do, Make Us Lazy?>
>
>
Episode 2: If They Have A >Problem With It, They Can [BR>>Look Elsewhere]
>
Episode 3: You Have to Learn >to Beat Me>
>
Episode 4: Do You Ever Lose >at This Game?>
>
Episode 5: I Just Hope I >Don't Get Bored without Someone [BR>>to Vote Off]
>
Episode 6: Have You Smelled Yourself >Lately?>
>
Episode 7: Oh, Every Challenge Is >the Most Important Ever>
>
Episode 8: You People Will Pry >My Red Buff off of [BR>>My Cold, Dead Body]
>
>More to come from both series....
>

09-02-06, 10:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
Estee typically posts an episode over a few days. Most of her episodes are 3 or 4 parts -- and no, Episode 7 isn't finished yet. Sorry.

09-04-06, 07:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
Thanks for letting me know. I was afraid I just couldn't find all of the "story" and you know how terrible it is to start a book and find the last pages torn out!
I'll try to keep watching for further posts on ep 7 and beyond.

kingfish 12060 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-06, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
I will finish Estee's story when I get back, I've been behind in my reading, and I intend to catch up, but I have been very much entertained. Kudos EstEe. I agree with Ayak, it is indeed original and wonderful.

I will read Zoidbergs fiction also, looking forward to that.

09-06-06, 10:26 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
>I will finish Estee's story when I get back

Um, I don't think Estee will have finished by then, unless you're going on a round-the-world cruise.

09-13-06, 07:44 PM (EST)
8. "Another Zoidberg episode"
The Zoidberg series is coming to an end, while I'm not sure we'll even even learn the jury composition on the Estee series....

Episode 11: I Can’t Say You’re Not an Innovator

09-13-06, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
:p Well, you won't learn it tonight. I'm just starting the edit on the concluding section for Episode #7, and that's the last boot pre-jury. That episode should be posted before midnight, and then it'll be a few days for watching it sink to Page Three while hoping in vain to top my previous high of nearly zero readings before Episode #8 can begin. Most of the wait is for personal recovery time and convincing myself to go on for no apparent reason...

rasslinmomma 925 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-06, 09:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rasslinmomma Click to send private message to rasslinmomma Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
Please don't give up on it!!! I haven't posted, but I've been eagerly reading each new episode. I check back a couple of times a day to see if there's new content...I'm addicted!

If you aren't an author IRL, you've missed your calling.

09-13-06, 10:23 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
>then it'll be a few days for watching it sink
>to Page Three while hoping in vain to top my
>previous high of nearly zero readings before Episode #8 can
>begin. Most of the wait is for personal recovery
>time and convincing myself to go on for no apparent reason...

Are you trying to get us to stoke your ego? Do you really think no one is reading your series? You're kidding, right?

I've read every episode of both Zoidberg's and yours, and yet I've only posted on yours. Most of his episodes have zero replies. Now you're making me feel sorry for not posting on his, too.

09-13-06, 10:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
No -- there's just days when my brain says 'You're putting in how many hours for how many people?' But it says that when I'm doing summaries, too. Stoopid brain.

But on the frequently-visited other hand, I really have no way of knowing what the readership is. I only know how many people post. (Also exactly like the summaries) So yes, there's times when it feels like I'm beating my head against the virtual plot wall for, at most, four people. Big Brother level. Whee...

I'm still going. There's just days where it can take a lot out of me. And you ought to know, Mr. Sixty Page 'Brief'.

And now I feel guilty. I'd better catch up on Zoidbergs. In the morning. After I wake up. Late after I wake up. Waking up late. Like, say, noon.

Is this post making any sense?

(What if I said I felt kind of like I was writing scripts for My Network? Any better? )

Colonel Zoidberg 3370 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 10:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
I thought my series was a victim of horrible timing more than anything else...Estee's series came first, so people got into that one and didn't want to get confused between the two. I never really thought of it as "no one reads these things" with either mine or Estee's; I read Estee's, and I hazard a guess that Estee reads mine.

I've also never seen a character liek Alex from Estee's story...Alex is just so...odd. She makes Matt from Amazon looks positively normal. But you can't help but root for her because everyone's gunning for her (though if not for all that surrounding Alex, I'll be honest, I'd be a Gardener fan.)

I also saw someone post at one point that they don't read fanfics because it's usually just an "ideal cast" with "ideal twists." Admittedly, the twists I came up with were largely things I would want to see, but there were a few times that I found my voting decisions to be gut-wrenching and, in the case of Episode 10, heart-breaking. I unfolded the vote decisions, by and large, as I wrote them; I imagine Estee does the same.

I have already written all my episodes and know who wins; I imagine Estee's writing them now.

09-13-06, 11:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 11:15 PM (EST)

I read yours, but I have to catch up with the last two, and I really need to post... I've been slacking there. Sorry -- I plead editing overload on a pair of really long episodes. Unfortunately, I know what happens next in mine, and while the episodes may get shorter, it may not be by much. I envy you there -- you have the benefit of using the post-filming editing department, and there's only so much your people can physically say in an hour.

One of the questions we'll probably never get to is 'What was the casting department thinking when they saw Alex apply?' She really does think she was cast to go out first...

If I have the strength after the series concludes (and I manage to finish, and people aren't at 'Enough already!'), I'll try to post a FAQ thread and answer a few questions about how the thing was written, plotted, cast et. all. (ETA: I'm so tired, I thought this was a good idea.)

Come to think of it, Gardener probably has a Love thread going on that Fanatics board -- he has the sort of personality where some people would be drawn to him. Irritable can be fun!

(Y'know, I really hope some of this is making sense. There should be a law about sleepy posting. Can I be pulled over for this?)

09-14-06, 00:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
There's only so much my Survivors can say in an hour, yes, but that means I found myself forgetting things, too. There were things I wanted to include that I didn't remember to or couldn't work in. There were characters I wanted to develop more but couldn't. And then I have the questions of, "If these people were really on the show, what would this board say about them?" I don't have an equivalent to Alex, and I don't see an equivalent in your story to Charlie. Frankly, there is no direct equivalent to Charlie; I like to think of him as Tom, Rudy, and Rupert rolled into one. Alex...wow. Maybe she's the one they saw as going first, or maybe they saw her as an oddball who stuck around long enough to get, say, a Shii Ann edit (I wanted to say a Janu edit, but I don't want to compare your main character to a quitter.) In my speculation, Alex is out in about fourth place, maybe third, and a bunch of stories from the jury house come out. But hey, it's just a guess on my part.

09-14-06, 09:55 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
You hardly ever get to say everything you want to say, and when you do remember to go back and add it in, it feels like you're stretching things out too much... (Authorial 'you' there.) Easy solutions are not available for the standard model. But you could always throw in a recap episode and fill out what you wanted to say with missing scenes.

Gawds no, I don't have an equivalent to Charlie. Burnett would probably throw a three-day party for the casting department if he could get a Charlie. And with his luck, Charlie would then go out first.

Alex's original edit goes back to what was said on the fictional editing thread: if Connie was being painted as the villain, Alex, given as her counter, was not necessarily being shown as the hero. But editing changes over time as the story arc develops...

Something that will probably make the next episode (as it's about time for another visit to the editing thread) is that Alex isn't so much the narrator as the guide: the show follows her and shows us things through her eyes -- or at least through her camera angles -- but seldom through her direct words. However, the DAW Chorus is now looking for the end of her arc as the Last Turare Standing moment approaches. Do not ask for whom the Pagong tolls: it tolls for thee.

09-14-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
I notice we do see the entire show, but Alex seems to be the focal point, as the story is told through her, by and large. What isn't told through her seems to be a separate part of the story. That's why I was thinking, "Hmmm...of course they have to show what goes on in the game, but if we're looking at this as an all-access deal, does that mean we see what goes on at the jury house?" For all I know, Alex wins it all, takes a million bucks, and invests it in Coca-Cola, but the way the story progresses, and wit how it's told, the idea of Alex seeing the game through the eyes of a juror looks more and more promising.

As far as a character like Charlie goes, I can't imagine the casting crew getting a Charlie and knowing it. Heck, I don't even think they knew Tom was the real deal until he played the game. To be honest, when I wrote it, I didn't think Charlie would be as powerful as he ended up being. For Pete's sake, a woman who was his sworn enemy on Day 21 hands him a reward and throws herself on the sword of brutal exile for him on Day 22, just because she made a few bad comments to him at the merge. If that doesn't scream, "Charlie's running this game," nothing does.

But with EPMB's luck, of course, if they did get a Charlie, the same thing would happen to him that happened in my story. I don't know what they would do in that case, really...

09-15-06, 10:59 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
PLEASE don't give up!
When I found this, I didn't realize it wasn't finished and I was reading constantly (like a good Stephen King book I couldn't stop!).
Then I found out this is still a work in progress and I'm being as patient as possible. I come in every day just to see what has been added. Can't wait to read the whole story! After it's finished I'll go back and re-read the whole thing again!
Thank you so much for all the time you have put into this. I agree with another poster - if you aren't a published author, you should be!

10-02-06, 03:02 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Another Zoidberg episode"
It's all over for my series...hopefully, I will have some time to write another for next summer. I wrote most of this season in July when I had nothing better to do...one episode typically took a few hours, and the finale was a mother to write.

Now, Estee said something in another thread about hopefully having episode 9 of Society Islands ready for Friday...don't do this to us, Estee...

haja 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-14-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail haja Click to send private message to haja Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
http://www.timesargus.com/getreal";> http://www.timesargus.com/getreal

09-25-06, 12:21 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Summer 2006 Survivor Fanfic"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-06 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

As I have been waiting to say: Damnit Estee, come on already. It's like watching a spy get into trouble every week and manage to get out of it even when everyone's gunning for them. It's an absolute thriller; the idea is definitely far different from how I wrote my story (it seems to me Estee's is like a miniseries with the main character ducking certain doom time after time, and mine is one with no main character designed to spark debate and bring out admiration and disgust of characters for all kinds of things.)

That and I actually got to use the "Viewer discretion is advised" tags for my last episode.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •