The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

blacknwhitedog 6480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-09-04, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper"
~~~Brother’s Keeper~~~

The jury was back in 90 minutes. Jack knew it wasn’t good. He watched them file back to the jury box. No one would make eye contact with him. So it was no surprise when the judge read the decision. One word hung in the air, “Guilty.”

Jack was facing a sentence of five years in the state penitentiary. He would be labeled a sexual predator. His life was ruined. His defense attorney had tried to get Jack to make a plea-bargain. “Jack,” Ron Hamilton pleaded, “You’ll get probation and community service probably. Think of your wife. Is this worth going to jail over?’’ But Jack was not going to admit to something he didn’t do.

Jack Conner had coached youth soccer for the past five years. Jack and his wife Sharon had not been able to have children, so these kids filled an empty spot in his heart. Every summer, Jack had the team over for a pool party and a sleep over. Sharon was a nurse at the community hospital and she worked second shift. Ray Bellard his best friend and assistant coach, was supposed to help him supervise the boys that night, but Ray’s wife Linda got sick and Ray had to stay home with his own brood of four little ones.

The pool party went fine. Jack grilled hotdogs and the boys horsed around until dark. They set up sleeping bags in the living room and settled in for the night. Jack headed to his room to get a little sleep. He climbed in bed still in his shorts. He could hear the boys talking as he drifted off. He woke up a couple hours later to the sound of a cry (he thought). Still groggy he stumbled down the hall to the bathroom and pushed open the door. The Cooper brothers, Jim and Billy were in the bathroom. “What’s the matter boys?” Jack asked. “Nothin!” Jim, the older one, replied quickly, “We’re just using the bathroom for cryin’ out loud.” “OK boys,” Jack had said, “just let me know if you need something.”

The Cooper boys were a little rough around the edges. They got into fights a lot and once Jack had to bench them for fighting. Jack rarely saw their mother at the games, and apparently their father was not around. Jack thought they were just the kind of kids that needed a program like youth soccer. He enjoyed working with the all the boys; he thought he was making a difference.

But then it all changed. Two days later, the sheriff was at his door. Jim and Billy went home the next day and told their mother that Jack had molested Billy in the bathroom. There was an investigation. The medical reports showed that Billy had “numerous bruises and indications of forceful penetration.” There was no DNA found, but that did not stop the jury from making up their minds quickly. The boys had testified by deposition. Who could dispute these poor boys? Jack was painted as a monster by the prosecutor.

Now he found himself standing before the judge, still in shock. “This can’t be happening,” he thought, “not to me.” Jack would be sent immediately to the county jail to await sentencing. Ron Hamilton leaned over and whispered to him, “I hate to give you more bad news Jack, but the mother’s filing a civil suit too.” Jack felt like he was in a daze. The sheriff’s deputy turned him around to put the handcuffs on. Jack watched people leaving the courtroom. His wife was so distraught she hadn’t attended. In the back of the courtroom he saw Brenda Cooper and her two sons. He hadn’t realized they were there. Billy looked at him quickly and then turned away. Just then, Jack saw the other boy Jim silently mouth a word at him. “Sucker.”

The deputy led Jack away.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper FarmBoy 01-09-04 1
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper L82LIFE 01-10-04 2
 RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper Drive My Car 01-11-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-09-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarmBoy Click to send private message to FarmBoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper"
OH Bawdy- This is wicked!

Good writing!

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
I'd stick my left foot in, but I've got a kilt on.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-04, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper"
Your piece made me feel like I knew Jack and I felt so sad and angry for him. Wonderful writing, Bawdy. This story will stay in my mind, and that is what makes it so powerful.

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-04, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC3 (FF) Brother's Keeper"
Oh wow. This stunned me. Such a well written story, it made me feel ill, in a story really got to me way.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •