The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

Silvergirl1 8694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-28-03, 03:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-03 AT 00:27 AM (EST)

To Dave, With Love

What is it about guys named Dave? My first steady boyfriend was named Dave. He broke up with me because I wouldn't let him get to second base. I cried uncontrollably while handing him back the day and night pearl ring he had given me. It was just as well. He was a petty thief and I suspected that he had stolen the ring. A year later, I learned that he had become a father at the tender age of 16. Maybe he should have stolen some condoms.

In college, I met Dave #2. He was planning on becoming a Forest Ranger. We made plans to move to Montana, where he could practice his profession. Unfortunately, he got lost in the woods while we were on a camping trip. This didn't bode well for his plans of becoming a Forest Ranger. To this day, no one knows where he is. He just seemed to have dissapeared from the face of the earth. It's just as well, because he was planning on leaving me for someone else, anyway. I don't think they will ever find the body.

When I moved to the city after college, I met a wonderful man named Dave. Even though he was a dork from the midwest, I really fell for this guy. He was the love of my life, or should I say, the "Dave" of my life. He had an interesting sense of humor, but no real sense of style. I had to help him put together a wardrobe that would help him further his career. No more t shirts and jeans. With my help, he was outfitted in nice suits that made a better impression. I still couldn't get him into some dress shoes, though. He would often wear sport shoes because they were more comfortable. As our relationship grew, I fell more in love with Dave with each passing day, but his career took off, and unfortunately, he had so little time to spend with me. I did see him occasionally on the subway on the way to work. He looked great, but he seemed preoccupied.

Over the course of time, we have gone our separate ways. So I am lonely, but not so bitter anymore. I could get a date with any Tom, D!ck, or Harry, but I just can't seem to get Dave off my mind.

I pick up the remote and turn on the tv, and there he is, reciting his latest top ten list, being the wise guy that he is. Tears blur my vision as I sob. Oh, Dave! Why did you have to take out that restraining order?

Silvergirl

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Schnookie Palookie 08-28-03 1
 RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love L82LIFE 08-28-03 2
 RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Coconut 08-28-03 3
 RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Sunny_Bunny 08-28-03 4
 Too many Daves... northernlights 08-29-03 5
   RE: Too many Daves... Silvergirl1 08-29-03 6
       RE: Too many Daves... Sunny_Bunny 08-29-03 7
           RE: Too many Daves... SherpaDave 08-29-03 8
   These are the Daves I Know.... Meemo 08-29-03 9
       RE: These are the Daves I Know.... SherpaDave 08-29-03 10
       RE: These are the Daves I Know.... Bebo 09-11-03 13
 RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Wheezy 09-09-03 11
   RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Silvergirl1 09-10-03 12
       RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love Wheezy 09-13-03 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
LOL Silvergirl! Loved the forest ranger Dave.
Guess what? I'm married to a "Dave"

Dave's are great guys *waves to Sherps*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
I love it, SIlvergirl! The ending took me totally by surprise and I was cracking up. What a fun story!

Psssttt....I'm married to a Dave too, just not the one on TV making so much money.LOL

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
LOL.. the first guy I ever french-kissed was a Dave. A trombone player. Mmm..

of course, he had another girlfriend at the time, but I didn't know that.

Sunny_Bunny 5430 desperate attention whore postings

08-28-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
Silver, this is great!!! It took me a second at the end, (I don't watch alot of TV) but when it hit me, I nearly fell out of my chair!!

Nice Job!

northernlights 5046 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail northernlights Click to send private message to northernlights Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Too many Daves..."
LMAO! Very funny Silver! Your story reminded me of the Dr. Seuss book that my son had as a kid called Too Many Daves. Ever read it? Personally I don't think there can EVER be too many Daves.

Another member of the *Married to Dave Club*

08-29-03, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Silvergirl1 Click to send private message to Silvergirl1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Too many Daves..."

No, I've never read that book. I'll be sure and look for it now, though.

It's funny that 3 of the replies so far are from women married to Daves. They must be quality men, after all, to be married to 3 such great ladies.

I don't really have any Dave's in my romantic past, I just made this story up because a friend of mine, some years ago, told me that she always had problems with guys named Dave.

Silvergirl

Dave's not here! - Cheech and Chong

Sunny_Bunny 5430 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 12:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sunny_Bunny Click to send private message to Sunny_Bunny Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Too many Daves..."
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-03 AT 12:53 PM (EST)

Awwwwwwwww, I have never dated a Dave. Now I am wondering if I am missing something. (tee hee, just kidding Ra)

Maybe Ra could change his name to Dave, and I would have the best of both worlds.

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 01:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Too many Daves..."
I can clearly state that yes, you are missing something.

And LOL at the story! Yay! (And "Too Many Daves" is a great book, one of my Seuss faves.)

Criminals From the Neck Up | The Writers' Rendez-Vous | SmokeLong Quarterly

Meemo 3502 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

08-29-03, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Meemo Click to send private message to Meemo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "These are the Daves I Know...."
This story reminded me of the old "Kids in the Hall" song by Bruce McCulloch. It goes like this:

Daves I Know

Bruce: Hi, I'm Bruce McCulloch. I'd like to tell you about the Daves I know.

These are the Daves I know, I know
These are the Daves I know

David Hoffman
He works in my dad's store
He's worked here for 12 years
He'll probably work here for more

Dave Gort
I've known since I was six
In grade eight he broke his leg
So we got drunk and sick

Some of them are Davids
(Dave Gort: But most of us are Daves)
They all have their own hands
But they come from different moms

Dave Jadiski
Man, this cat can swing
He weighs almost 50 pounds
And he delivers my paper on time

Dave Capisano
I hardly know him

(Bruce stands around, looking vaguely uncomfortable for the rest of the measure)

(Next two measures sung by the Daves Bruce knows
We are the Daves he knows, he knows
We are the Daves he knows
We are the Daves he knows, he knows
We are the Daves he knows

Some of us them are Davids
But most of us are Daves
We all have our own hands
But we come from different moms

Daves: We are the Daves he knows, he knows
All: These are the Daves

Half man, half amazing, all DAW

SherpaDave 8316 desperate attention whore postings

08-29-03, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: These are the Daves I Know...."
Also reminds me of my fraternity. At one point, I think 23 of the 70 or so members were named Dave. We were going to do our own fraternity picture of "Phi Gamma Dave."

Criminals From the Neck Up | The Writers' Rendez-Vous | SmokeLong Quarterly

Bebo 20374 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-03, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: These are the Daves I Know...."
I'm going to be singing that for the rest of the day, now.

Life is a game where we make up the rules as we go along.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
Heee! you got me with the ending! I love Dave Letterman *sigh*
(I have his t-shirt, you know)

My DH's name is Matt, but he has been called Mike (brother), Mark(old roommate), and Dave (boss, and also friend Sherpa) on various occasions when I can't remember his freaking name. My boss' name is Dave, I've worked with him 6 years, and you know how it is--you spend more time with the people you work with than with your own family, it seems. So Matt knows to come running whenever I call out any common male name.

09-10-03, 06:35 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"

(I have his t-shirt, you know)

Really? Does it smell like him? Do you sleep with it? Can you tell I'm obsessed with him? <crush on Letterman>

Silvergirl

Give Dobby back his sweater already, but hand that t-shirt over to me.

Wheezy 9153 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-03, 00:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wheezy Click to send private message to Wheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SSC3(HU) To Dave, With Love"
I'm wearing it right.now. And? Yes, I am his girlfriend Regina, and he is the father of my baby.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •