The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"WSC2 (SS)Caged"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Story Competitions Forum (Protected)
Original message

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-28-03, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"WSC2 (SS)Caged"

Caged. Caged like an animal. Caged by the same animals that had hunted her. Jen looked around the small, stark room they held her in. It was a far cry from the brightly decorated room that she had called her own. Worry began to overtake her normally calm sensibilities. Each time she allowed her mind to explore her future possibilities, the scenario grew more bleak and morbid. Would her hunters eventually have her killed? Worse yet, what would become of her baby, her beautiful, smiling little girl? She couldn’t let her mind dwell on her daughter, or surely it would drive her over the final hurdle to insanity.

Jen’s life had been perfectly normal until recently. She had worked as a maid for a very wealthy family. She had felt extremely lucky to land the lucrative position with the Petersons. They were willing to take her and her baby into their home. Considering the fact that she was a single mother, and her infant was barely a month old, she was amazed at their generosity. They had even allowed her infant to sleep in the large, cheerful nursery in their home. Jen’s room was right next to the nursery, so it made keeping an eye on her sleeping baby quite easy. Jen wasn’t expected to do any heavy housecleaning, so a good portion of her day was free to spend time enjoying the company of her young daughter. Having just moved to the area with no family or friends, Jen appreciated her employers’ kindness.

Jen couldn’t pinpoint exactly when things had begun to change. She felt the shift in small increments. The Petersons starting taking more of an interest in the baby, often asking Jen to bring her down in the evenings so they could play with her. At first Jen was flattered, but as time wore on she began to have suspicions about all the attention the Petersons lavished on her child. When they started planning the child’s future, including appropriate colleges, Jen knew things were getting out of control. As much as it killed her to leave this beautiful home by the lake, Jen knew that she must protect her baby. She had no alternative but to take her infant and sneak away in the darkness of night.

Things should have gone back to normal after that, but Jen quickly learned that the Petersons were looking for her and the infant. They wanted to claim the child for their own, and Jen knew they would stop at nothing to get her beautiful, golden haired infant. So Jen had spent the past four days on the lamb, hiding from her hunters. Jen was working on a plan to leave the area with her child, but first she had to get the baby’s much needed medication. Jen didn’t want to leave her sanctuary, but she had now choice but to venture out into the very world she was hiding from.

The trip to the pharmacy was uneventful. It wasn’t until she got to the small parking lot that Jen realized something was horribly wrong. She sensed their presence before she saw them; it was a dark, suffocating feeling that permeated her entire being. The hunters quickly surrounded her, demanding that she hand over her child. Jen fought the hunters as much as possible while still holding tightly to her now squalling infant. Eventually, they were able to wrench the screaming baby from Jen’s arms and quickly whisk her away. Jen fell to the ground, defeated. Her anguished screams echoed loudly across the now deserted parking lot.

Jen’s thoughts turned back to her present situation. She could no longer afford to dwell on the events that had led her here. She had to put all of her concentrated efforts on finding a way to regain her freedom and her baby. Looking out the small window in the door of her cage, Jen noticed that most of the people that walked past her room wore white lab coats, so when Jen saw the man dressed in street clothes, she thought maybe she had found her salvation. Surely this nicely dressed man could not be in the same league as these white-coated captors, or the blue-uniformed hunters that had brought her here. He was headed straight toward the room she occupied. Hope flared within her, and she finally was beginning to formulate a plan of escape.

News vans littered the tree-lined street in front of the Petersons’ home. The normally peaceful neighborhood was in a state of panic, and many of the residents were gathered in the street, talking about the events of the past few days. Mr. And Mrs. Peterson sat in their home, anticipation welling up within them. The watched out the window as the blue police cruiser arrived. The officer stepped from the car and walked carefully up their walkway. They opened the door to him immediately. In his gentle but strong arms, he held the tiny child. As he slowly handed her over to Mrs. Peterson, she began to weep tears of joy.

“The pharmacy stake-out finally paid off, Mr. And Mrs. Peterson. Everything went down without incident and your young nanny wasn’t injured in the exchange. We took her to the psychiatric ward where they’ll determine her mental state before she stands trial for kidnapping. ” The officer said with a strong voice.

Mr. Peterson was the first to find his voice, “We knew something wasn’t right with Jen, we just never expected her to start believing our child belonged to her. I just hope that she can find the help that she needs. I can’t thank you and your department enough for all your help.”

“We’re just glad that everything worked out for the best.” And with that, the young officer was on his way back towards his cruiser. When he reached his car, his partner was talking to the dispatcher. The young officer overheard enough of the conversation to know what had happened. His partner looked at him with bleak eyes.

“The nanny just killed herself in her holding room. She hung herself with her belt. Nobody had seen her yet to determine her state of mind because they were so busy today, I guess she was worse off than they thought.”

Both the police officers hung their heads and offered up a silent prayer for the waste of such a young life. They got back into their car and slowly made their way back to the station. The neighbors gathered on the street in front of the Petersons’ home were still cheering the homecoming. They weren’t aware of the more recent tragedy to come out of this. All that could be heard were the whispers as people continued to rehash the events that had lead up to this moment. One elderly woman was heard over all the other chatterers, “I’m so happy for them, you know how difficult it was for them to get pregnant. Why she even had to go away for a special procedure and spent the last 6 months of her pregnancy isolated from everybody. Everybody knew it was for the safety of the child, but part of me believes she didn’t want to ruin her reputation by allowing people to see her pregnant. By the time she did let others see her, the baby was a month old and she didn’t look like she had even been pregnant. Well, all’s well that ends well.”

Suddenly the wind whipped through those gathered around, it was a vicious, relentless wind that tore hats from heads, and sent leaves and dirt flying into the spectator’s faces. As it made it’s way through the surrounding trees, it screamed the anguished cry of the tortured. Some said it sounded like a woman’s screams, but others just shook their heads at that flight of fancy as the crowd began to disperse.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged Superman 01-28-03 1
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged snoocharoo 01-28-03 2
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged fivestarwheezy 01-28-03 3
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged Asrai 01-29-03 4
   RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged Mon Cherie 01-29-03 5
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged Drive My Car 01-31-03 6
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged Red Lady 01-31-03 7
 RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged echogirl 02-01-03 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Superman 3152 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-28-03, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Superman Click to send private message to Superman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-03 AT 07:49 PM (EST)

Woooo! Great story, L8.

I love stories like this that keep you guessing up to and after the end.

Criminals From the Neck Up

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

snoocharoo 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-28-03, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail snoocharoo Click to send private message to snoocharoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
LAST EDITED ON 01-28-03 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

Nice plot twist L8, it was a suspenseful story, which are my favorites

fivestarwheezy 958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

01-28-03, 10:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail fivestarwheezy Click to send private message to fivestarwheezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
Great ride, L8! Love those twists!

Wheeeeeeeezy

Asrai 6062 desperate attention whore postings

01-29-03, 01:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
Ohhh L8, you kept me guessing (and second guessing) throughout your story. I loved it!

Mon Cherie 1811 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

01-29-03, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Mon%20Cherie Click to send private message to Mon%20Cherie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
I'll have to echo what Asrai said. The twists were great, I love twisted stories!

Mon

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

01-31-03, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
WOW! I read this yesterday and was speachless. Haunting. It kept coming back to me.

The story and the twists were great, the mood and feel of this story was chilling. Like a Twilight Zone.

Really great work L8!

Red Lady 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-31-03, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Red%20Lady Click to send private message to Red%20Lady Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
L8...
This is a powerful read. I felt such pity for poor Jen and such contempt for the Petersons.
Good job L8!

Regards...

echogirl 2120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

02-01-03, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail echogirl Click to send private message to echogirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: WSC2 (SS)Caged"
Hi L8!

I've read this three times now so I guess I should comment. WOW! I hold so much contempt for the Petersons! At first I thought what a nice couple, and then wham! I really enjoyed the twists in this story. Excellent work!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •