The Amazing Race   American Idol   America's Next Top Model   The Apprentice   The Bachelor
Big Brother   The Biggest Loser   Dancing with the Stars   Survivor                Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"OTCC - Apologies should have been Dec 2011"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Cornertime Forum (Public)
Original message

tallgirl 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-30-12, 04:45 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"OTCC - Apologies should have been Dec 2011"

This is my families recipe (Well, at least my mother and me)- it is an untraditional Chicken Soup with Mutzah Balls. The above picture is the result. It takes hours. Many of my friends call it a chicken stew.

chicken
carrots - 2
parsnip - 2
potatoes - 2
onions - min 2
green pepper - 1 or 2
celery - 2 large
mushrooms - 1 small package - or canned can be used

Spices
bay leaf
paprika
garlic
pepper
salt (to taste)
hot sauce (optional a couple of drops - difference from original recipe)

Take your rinsed chicken and put in a very large pot with water. I've used everything from chicken legs with backs attached to chicken necks (when money was tight) to breasts. I usually use several pounds as then I use it as meal with a salad sometimes. Boil the water and there will be a foam on the top. Once the chicken is floating skim the surface. While you are waiting for this cut up all the veggies to bit sized pieces. Then add the spices. I usually add several, 2 or more, bay leaves, one heaping teaspoon of crushed garlic, for paprika I don't measure (Hungarian ancestry)and a couple of drops of hot sauce(optional). I add the salt later once I tasted it. Now for the 'fun' part. If you used chicken with bones and/or skin, I take out each piece remove skin & bones, cut to bit sized pieces and put back in the soup.

Matzoth Balls (recipe from the side of box of matzoth meal from decades ago) It is best to mix down the night before you make soup.

2 tablespoons oil
2 eggs beaten lightly
1/2 cup matzoth meal (think bread crumbs made from matzoth)
salt (I've changed from original to a couple of shakes of salt or none)
2 tablespoons water

Combine oil & eggs. Add matzoth & salt. Blend well with fork. Stir in water. Cover and chill. Make plum sized balls.

I usually make a 5 times recipe the night before. I use a teaspoon and have cold water nearby as it sticks like glue to everything.

The soup stores for up to a week and nukes well. I have no idea how to make a little of this. At Christmas it served 7 then another 10 or so serving in the next week. So about 17 servings

ENJOY!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: OTCC - Apologies should have be... weltek 01-30-12 1
 RE: OTCC - Apologies should have be... qwertypie 01-30-12 2
   RE: OTCC - Apologies should have be... tallgirl 01-30-12 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16861 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-12, 05:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: OTCC - Apologies should have been Dec 2011"
LOL-I was watching Guy and Rachael's Celebrity Cookoff last night and noted Taylor Dayne said you should always let your matzoh balls rest in the fridge. I laughed inside because I didn't know if I'd find myself making the soup, but knew I'd remember that little tip, regardless.

-Handcrafted by RollDdice
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

qwertypie 9579 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-30-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
2. "RE: OTCC - Apologies should have been Dec 2011"
Looks great, I'll try it this week (assuming I can find the matzoh)

tallgirl 547 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-30-12, 08:04 PM (EST)
3. "RE: OTCC - Apologies should have been Dec 2011"
I was thinking about that issue. It may work with crushed crackers such as saltines (but the ones without salt as the regular ones may have too much salt)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •