The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR Love List 21.8"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-19-12, 11:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR Love List 21.8"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-12 AT 11:52 AM (EST)

NO McDonald's!

Having been continued from last week, Josh & Brent were never able to get the synchronized swimming routine and wound up with a four hour penalty. James & Abba never found their passports but it was an NEL so they were allowed to continue until their passport was needed.

Trey & Lexi left first and were directed to Study Building No 6 at the Agricultural Academy. But first their cab driver took them to a scary section of Moscow with lots of broken bottles allowing Jaymes & James to arrive first at the Study Building.

At the Study Building, an hours of operation gave Trey & Lexi a chance to catch up to the Chippendales who were waiting for Beyonce to perform. The Roadblock asked which team member was in the zone - take a mental quiz regarding time zones in Russia. The Chippendales lucked out as Lexi figured out the twist and shared it with them. Natalie & Nadiya used the Express Pass and avoided the Roadblock while overconfident Ryan thought he'd ace it on the first try. 25 tries later he finally figured it out. Brent turned out to be the star pupil who got it on the first try.

The Detour - Movers or Shakers. Movers involved learning a Russian military dance while Shakers asked teams to attend a cocktail party and count the number of people dressed as different Russian heads of state. The Chippendales, despite an ankle injury, and Trey & Lexi choose Movers, the only physical task on this leg of the Race. Natalie & Nadiya, who we barely saw this episode, also chose Movers. Abby & Ryan, fresh off his humiliation at the Study Building redeemed themselves by performing the Movers detour well. Josh & Brent decided to be different and took Shakers which they completed quickly.

James & Abba never found their passports and were eliminated.

Check out beau's stats from last week

On to the List:

1)Jaymes & James - A first place finish and kudos to James for completing the Movers detour with an obviously painful ankle injury. They were lucky Lexi gave them the solution at the Roadblock. Strange for this team to win the least physical leg of the Race.

2)Josh & Brent - Bringing them up on my list because they didn't give up and did well considering a four hour penalty.

3)Trey & Lexi - Cute couple but they bore me a bit.

4)Abby & Ryan - Really don't want to see him win two million dollars. Hope the coming attractions are not misleading.

5)Natalie & Nadiya - Barely saw them this episode and it was probably my favorite episode so far.

Philiminated - James & Abba. It was a foregone conclusion and there was very little suspense this leg. I liked them but at the end it felt like a mercy elimination.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 PepeLePew13 11-19-12 1
   RE: TAR Love List 21.8 kidflash212 11-19-12 2
   RE: TAR Love List 21.8 samboohoo 11-20-12 6
       RE: TAR Love List 21.8 kidflash212 11-20-12 8
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 Max Headroom 11-19-12 3
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 emydi 11-19-12 4
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 byoffer 11-19-12 5
   RE: TAR Love List 21.8 samboohoo 11-20-12 7
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 TARFAN76 11-22-12 9
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 beau_30 11-24-12 10
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 louislam 11-25-12 11
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 beau_30 11-25-12 12
 RE: TAR Love List 21.8 beau_30 11-29-12 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-19-12, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
Can I just say what a total dumbass Ryan was? You'd think after about three or four tries that you were obviously approaching it from the wrong angle - stop and take some time to think about what could or should be done differently!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-19-12, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
I suspect it has a lot to do with his arrogance - he couldn't possibly be wrong, so it must be the test that is wrong.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-12, 10:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
From what I saw, it took Jaymes and Lexi a while to get it as well, and they were working together.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

11-20-12, 11:32 AM (EST)
8. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
I agree it took them awhile as well, but the difference for me (at least from the edited version we saw) was Jaymes & Lexi knew they had to figure out what they were doing wrong where Ryan was stubbornly insistent that he was doing it right and there was something wrong with the "matrix", whatever that means.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
Like:
1. Josh & Brent - Each week they grow on me a little more, and they've survived much longer than I thought they would.

Meh:
2. Jaymes & James - Likeable guys who finally seem to be hitting their stride a little bit, but they're far from a dominant alpha male team.
3. Trey & Lexi - Cute couple but not leaders at all; how many times will they wait for someone else to come along and help them?

Don't like:
4. Abbie & Ryan - Abbie is fine but Ryan's arrogant, intense personality is difficult to watch.
5. Team Twinnie - Mercifully not shown much this leg, so my ears barely bled at all last night.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-12, 04:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
1.Josh & Brent - Brent was the man this episode after they got out of the pool. He nailed the time zone test and they had fun at the cocktail party all after a 4 hour penalty. that cocktail party was a much easier task than dancing...they gave you the names and all you had to do was count!

2. Jaymes & James - good racing for a change. They need to start worrying about themselves more and not T/L and N/N so much. Kudos to James for dancing but they really should have tried the other task first.

3)Trey & Lexi - meh

4)Abby & Ryan - he's a tool. She figured it out about an hour before he did. I really hope they don't win. The face of the Professor was priceless!

5)Natalie & Nadiya - still stealers, and not of the show...hi Moonie!....funny that her pants split.

Philiminated - James & Abba sorry to see them go but you need to always keep your passport on you!

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-12, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
#1 - Bunching points. Usually I hate those, but last nights show was awful to watch with some teams finished before another team had started. I now appreciate why we need to have the teams bunch a bit!

As for the teams:
#1 - Chippendales. They fought through injury, and continue to embrace the locations they visit (I heard a Russian thank you from them last night)

#2 - Goat Farmers. 4hr penalty and yet I think they actually gained on the others through the episode. And their joy at the cocktail party was great!

#3 - Ryan & Abby. I don't hate them as much as many others do. I was impressed that they waited for the farmers at the pool. Have they gained some respect for the game?

#4 - Trey & Lexi - They are getting a very boring edit, IMO.

***Big gap, like the split in the pants***

#5 - Twinnies - they actually improved by being less visible!! Maybe their first ep without a brown girl reference? Their 37 year cabbie gets them points.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-12, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
Ditto.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

TARFAN76 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-22-12, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TARFAN76 Click to send private message to TARFAN76 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
I am thankful that I finally got to sit down and truly "catch up" on the past few weeks wherein I didn't truly get to watch thoroughly. I finished with a sadness that I had to wait for a new episode! (I saw a much longer than usual promo today which made me antsy for Sunday.)

1. Chips - In the beginning I barely tolerated Jaymes and James. Now I adore them. James who everybody thought was so quiet and had not much to offer has redeemed himself in my eyes. To dance and do the coffee grinder despite excruciating pain takes an amazing racer. His perseverence, coupled with Jaymes' joyful approach to the race has kept them at number 1 for me. Jaymes truly was lucky to benefit from Lexi's ability to crack the zone secret and I applaud him for verbalizing that good fortune. (I also applauded her modesty when he proclaimed her "the smartest person on the race.")

2. Josh/Brent - I was truly touched and almost cried when I watched (and rewound and rewatched) Josh help the defeated Abby with the lock task. She was at her wits' end. That spoke volumes about Josh's character and heart. When Ryan ran to hug Josh and share his obvious thanks, I thought it was a highly memorable TAR moment. I couldn't help but notice how Ryan then seemingly tried to bond with Abby who obviously "shunned" him and paired hersef with her new hero, Josh.
And even though I was greatly impressed with Brent's lone first-time brain power in the time zone, I was even more amused that he had to inform the professor, "I've always been a straight-A student." And how about that wannabe comedian professor -- put the pencils down! I'm sorry, you win! Ryan sure did give him a chance to perfect his "pencils down" routine. ;o)

3. Trey/Lexi - I like this cute couple. If they win, I will be mainly relieved it's not Ryan but all in all, they are pretty likable. I just wish I could erase her giggly reaction to the stealing of money and then happily accepting "hush money." In reviewing, I more than ever see that Trey was not a willing or happy accomplice. I fear that defining moments like that don't make a happy bride and groom which is what Lexi seems to be demanding. Stand tall, Trey!

4. Abby/Ryan - Old "Crazy Eyes" (good editing, TAR!) and arrogant Ryan (no need for editing...) have been forced to eat some humble pie which I think was way overdue for his highness. Their flight delay situation was not their fault but it finally knocked him off his high horse, I hope, and then he has to be indebted to Josh for sharing the secret of the locks...I liked it all. (including their honoring their pact) Most of the time I like Abby. Her dance/choreography skills have come in handy but that dam Ryan is just so convinced that he is superior. I hope he leaves the race with a better awareness.

5. Twinnies - Yikes - I have done the whole spectrum of like and dislike with these gals but as I have been able to finally watch without distraction or interruption, I can't escape their own brand of racism and feeling of superiority...
Your express pass is gone, Twinnies. I hope we HEAR and see the last of you soon. I confess I am somewhat intrigued by twins and I still can't tell them apart but I "think" one of them is more mean spirited and loud than the other so I direct the majority of my dislike in her direction.

JAMES/ABBA - Like someone else said, I felt like it was a mercy elimination. I was feeling a lot of discomfort for them knowing how unlikely it was that they could turn it around. BUT...the one who did NOT lose his passport or money seemed so stinking nice to his partner that I admired them all the more. I don't know how common it is for one racer to continue to loyally support the partner who continually f's it up...I did like them. And I really thought the supportive one reminded me of what I think Jesus looks and would act like. I wish them both the best.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, PHIL!!!(and fellow posters)

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-24-12, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
1 James/Jaymes
2 Brent/Josh
3 Trey/Lexie
4 Natile/Nadiya
5 Ryan/Amy

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-25-12, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
1. Jaymes/James (2) - Always having fun, but I really don't think you need to help Trey/Lexi when the pit stop is ahead.

2. Josh/Brent (3) - Impressed by their mental task solving ability!

3. Abbie/Ryan (1) - Ryan makes good TV with his attitude in Roadblock, at least he can still laugh at his dumbness. Abbie is good as always.

4. Trey/Lexi (5) - Boring couple, you can tell producers try so hard to make us like them.

5. Nadiya & Natalie (6) - I hope they could still in that McDonald's cab for hours...

Philiminated - James/Abba (4) - One of the most saddest philimination, they really deserve one more chance!

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

11-25-12, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
I'm not going to be able to do the Stats this evening. If anyone would like to take over please do so.
Thanks in Advance..

11-29-12, 09:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: TAR Love List 21.8"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-12 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

Had some time to do the ranks. So here it is.
Josh and Brent climb their way up to second, with James/Jaymes still chilling in the top spot. Trey/Lexie are a third stuck team with no advancement. Ryan/Abby settle nicely in 4th while the Twins take the back seat into last place.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •