LAST EDITED ON 10-15-12 AT 11:13 AM (EST)
The Ugly Pretty Americans
Mea Culp on flaking out last week, but beau30 backed me up. This week the teams avoided any airport drama and stayed in Indonesia. Upon leaving the pit stop in Surabaya, teams had to make their way to Antika Jaya restaurant for the Roadblock. One team member was required to deliver twenty plates of food to a table without dropping or spilling anything.
Then it was off to the train station. Teams that finished the Roadblock early were rewarded with a train that arrived in Bangil three hours before the next train.
Up next was the Detour, a choice between two tasks (I've always wanted to say that). Egg Head or Lion Head. Egg Head required teams to find a lady selling eggs and take four eggs to a ceremony where they cooked the eggs on your head before dousing them with hot sauce and forcing the teams to eat the eggs. Lion Head involved wearing a forty pound Lion head costume and performing a traditional march.
Pit Stop was at the local high school.
On to the lvoe list:
1) Jaymes & James - I like them. Big personality, competitive and fun to watch. They are usually the first or second to complete every challenge. A true Alpha Male team hasn't won since James & Tyler in TAR 10 (I consider Dan & Jordan a Gamma Male Team) and it may be time for another to win.
2) Trey & Lexi - Wind up here by default. Seem nice enough.
3) Rob & Kelley - Don't think they'll last long but they are likable.
4) Josh & Brent - The Beekman Boys seem disconnected from the rest of the race and don't have any drive to win. A mediocre rank for a mediocre team.
5) Amy & Ryan - He's still arrogant and they now have a huge target on their backs.
6) James & Abba - Seemed standoffish and sullen. Seems to be some foreshadowing that their choice to distance themselves from other teams will play a factor somewhere along the Race.
7) Natalie & Nadiya - Too loud and frenetic. Need to calm down a bit.
8) Gary & Will - Terrible team. Inept. Always far away in last place only to be saved by anothers teams bad driver. A fluke they made it to the 4th leg. Hope they get no more miracle saves.
Phlimininated - Britney and Caitlin, the generic blondes with the generic blonde names. Showed an ugly side. Screaming loudly and slowly at someone doesn't make them understand a different language. Still would have preferred to see Gary & Will eliminated before them.
Capn2patch put me in motion!