The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

10-06-11, 02:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
This week:

Shake Your Moneymaker or Be A Ticket Taker

I would probably go with being a ticket taker. There's just something that seems weird to me about dancing around in a costume in front of strangers in a foreign country, hoping they'll give you money.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... Starshine 10-06-11 1
   RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... bullzeye 10-06-11 2
       RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... featherfish81 10-07-11 5
 RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... Belle Book 10-06-11 3
 RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... Draco Malfoy 10-06-11 4
 Episode 2 featherfish81 10-17-11 6
   RE: Episode 2 Earl Colby Pottinger 10-19-11 8
   RE: Episode 2 Belle Book 10-19-11 10
 Episode 4 featherfish81 10-17-11 7
   RE: Episode 4 Earl Colby Pottinger 10-19-11 9
   RE: Episode 4 Belle Book 10-19-11 11
 RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... featherfish81 11-01-11 12
   RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... Belle Book 11-01-11 13
   RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... taffnic 11-01-11 14
       RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... vennui 11-02-11 15
 Episode 7 featherfish81 11-07-11 16
   RE: Episode 7 Belle Book 11-07-11 17
 Episode 8 featherfish81 11-15-11 18
   RE: Episode 8 newsomewayne 11-15-11 19
   RE: Episode 8 jbug 11-15-11 20
       RE: Episode 8 featherfish81 11-15-11 22
       RE: Episode 8 Earl Colby Pottinger 11-17-11 23
   RE: Episode 8 Belle Book 11-15-11 21
 Episode 10 featherfish81 12-02-11 24
   RE: Episode 10 Belle Book 12-02-11 25
 RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would yo... featherfish81 12-11-11 26

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-11, 09:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
I always dislike the "taking money from the locals" tasks, it is just something I would really feel uncomfortable doing, so I would join you on ticket taking.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

10-06-11, 02:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
I'm with you Starshine. Never liked the episodes where that was involved, though technically, each task required it this week.

10-07-11, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
True, but the ticket taker one had them paying for a service which they would presumably pay for anyway, just maybe not at that particular stand.

Belle Book 3556 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-06-11, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
I'd be shaking my moneymaker. I never had stage fright and I'm a good dancer -- in a club, that is. You won't ever see me on So You Think You Can Dance?, however!

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-06-11, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Draco%20Malfoy Click to send private message to Draco%20Malfoy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
The wife and I play this game every week!

The consensus this week was Moneymaker. Even though both of us have all the rhythm of a rock.

10-17-11, 11:12 PM (EST)
6. "Episode 2"
I know this is late, but last week was pretty hectic.

Your choices -
Serving lunch and planting 300 rice seedlings
or
feeding and transporting sheep

I probably would have gone with the sheep, because that looked easier than planting all those little seedlings.

Earl Colby Pottinger 1803 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

10-19-11, 03:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode 2"
I would have fallen for the idea that the sheep was an easy task. It was not a that easy as details mattered a lot.

10-19-11, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Belle%20Book Click to send private message to Belle%20Book Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Episode 2"
I would've gone with the sheep as well. I'd have had to get my feet dirty with the other task and I hate that.

10-17-11, 11:15 PM (EST)
7. "Episode 4"
This week, your choices were:

construct a coral nursery, and then install it in the ocean
or
assemble 20 beach chairs and 10 umbrellas on a very windy beach

I would have definitely gone with the coral. I love to scuba dive, so I definitely would have wanted to help with the coral. The current did look like it would be a problem, but I think if you had done the construction correctly it could be overcome. Some teams just got lazy with their construction, and then wondered why it didn't stay together in the ocean.

10-19-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to send private message to Earl%20Colby%20Pottinger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Episode 4"
I can't scuba or swim very well but I still would had gone for the coral task too.

10-19-11, 04:38 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 4"
I think I would've learned how to scuba dive before going on the Race, but although I first would've chosen the beach task, in retrospect, I might've chosen the coral one. I think what would've put me off with the coral task was constructing the nursery.

11-01-11, 00:07 AM (EST)
12. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
After the detour break, this week we have:

Sew it Up
or
Not Grown Up (or something like that)

While I do know how to sew a hem, I'm not super fast at it, and it would be on unfamiliar equipment (that as Justin pointed out, may or may not work) so I probably would have chosen the trucks. Plus, that one looked like more fun!

11-01-11, 04:24 PM (EST)
13. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
I also would've done Not Grown Up. I have little experience with sewing (if any), and besides, the trucks looked like fun!

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

11-01-11, 04:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
I don't know how to sew so would definitely choose Not Grown Up.

an Agman creation

vennui 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-02-11, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vennui Click to send private message to vennui Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
Those treddle machines are tricky to thread. So I understand the use of the tech help. But the Treddling is cool. I use to have one so I would have probably picked the sewing.

11-07-11, 06:49 PM (EST)
16. "Episode 7"
Dugout or Lugout

No contest, it would have been dugout. Those large canoes looked like they would have taken a little while to learn to stear, but it was mostly in a straight line so wouldn't have been too big a problem. But unless my partner was a former NFL player who could carry eight people on his back while walking through water, we'd have been toast. Unless maybe we could figure out a way to both carry the person, on some sort of litter or something.

11-07-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 7"
I agree -- I would have chosen Dugout.

11-15-11, 01:13 AM (EST)
18. "Episode 8"
Hopped up – set up an agility course and race a bunny without knocking anything down
– or –
Churned out – get cream, churn it until it solidifies, then make 6 bricks of butter in a mold

I think I would have gone with hopped up. The jumps didn't look that hard to build, and rabbits would have been fun. And churning butter takes a while.

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-11, 09:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Episode 8"
Definitely Hopped Up.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-11, 10:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Episode 8"
Zac & Laurence said in their interview that by the time they got there the rabbits were tired out; apparently, it took more tries to get this done than we were shown.

11-15-11, 01:04 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 8"
Well, that doesn't seem fair. They should probably have had enough for each person to have their own rabbit, at least. Otherwise the later teams could be penalized for the difficulties the first teams had, if they had to do it more than once.

11-17-11, 10:32 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 8"
And you are going to believe him because? With Laurence it is *never* his fault, it is always someone else who messed things up first.

11-15-11, 11:47 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 8"
I think I would've done Hopped Up, although I would've tried to find a rabbit that would be easy to work with.

12-02-11, 02:04 AM (EST)
24. "Episode 10"
Your choice:

Waffles (make waffles to match a display) or Water (build a raft and collect clues)

I probably would have gone with the raft. It looked more fun, and the waffles looked frustrating. Though it's interesting to have two rafting tasks in the same race.

12-02-11, 11:28 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Episode 10"
It depends on the kind of partner I'd have with me. Both have their strong points and their weaknesses. I might lean towards Water, however.

12-11-11, 09:00 PM (EST)
26. "RE: TAR 19 Detours - Which would you do? "
Sorry, the week got away from me. But better late than never, right?

This week:
Filet - find a market and carry certain amounts of various fish to different stalls
- or -
Sole - go to a different market and make a pair of sandals for a specific person

Hm, this is a tough one. The shoe making looked fairly exacting, so I think I probably would have gone with the fish, though that would really smell.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •