LAST EDITED ON 03-03-11 AT 07:05 PM (EST) The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business
TAR 18 PTTE
What's a PTTE, you ask? Well PTTE means:
Picks To The End
New players are always welcome, and for new folks who want to play the PTTE game this season, here's how it works:
Here's the goal:
Post your prediction about the ENTIRE elimination order for the season, starting with the first team to be eliminated and ending with the winner. Please put WINNER next to the team that you think will win.
This doesn't need to have any analysis, although you're welcome to throw anything in that you want. With any spoiler information available to you, coupled with your own intuition, see how well you can do.
The Eliminated Team
The game won't close for a few weeks, but all picks made after the first episode begins will incur a point penalty... the earlier you enter, the less points you can earn, so enter early!
Remember, the goal is to end the season with the fewest points.
Why they're returning for "Unfinished Business": Amanda and Kris were unexpectedly u-turned in Siberia by Margie and Luke and were eliminated from the Race. This time they did it to themselves.
Now on to the Scores
Place – Name – Score on current list
Upward movement ^
In case of ties, I alphabetize.
Congratulations All! (except me) You hold the lead.
1. ARnutz – 0
1. beau_30 – 0
1. Corvis - 0
1. esquire - 0
1. louislam - 0
1. michel – 0
1. Molaholic - 0
1. vennui - 0
1. Yogi – 0
10. kircon - 1
Here's the way that the scoring works:
1) You do NOT want points... they're bad... it's like golf. Every point counts against you in the standings, so try to avoid them.
2) Points will be awarded to every contestant in the game after each episode of The Amazing Race 18. They will be awarded as the difference between where you thought this week's eliminee would finish and where the eliminee actually finished.
If it is a non-elimination episode, then no points will be scored for that week, and if there is a double-elimination episode, the eliminees will be scored according to the order they were eliminated.
For example: If you think Jet & Cord will come in 5th, and they actually come in 11th, you'll receive 6 points (the difference between 11th and 5th) for that week's episode.
3) You will be given 4 penalty points every time you change your PTTE list after the first episode has aired, but it's only 4 points so change your list if you think it will help you out.
4) If you do not enter before the first episode, you will start with a score equivalent to 8 points per episode you missed.
5) I will post a few tiebreaker questions in the event of ties at the end of the season.
These are important, as tiebreakers have decided the winner in seasons past!
More information to follow.
If you have any questions post them in this thread or PM me.
(Private Message located top right on page, larger envelope icon.)
That's it for now.
Post your list.
Sit back and enjoy the next episode of:
The Amazing Race 18
I will lock in your list at
7:59 pm EDT on Sunday, March 6, 2011.