The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Write the unwritten."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Write the unwritten."
Last night, HistoryDetective considered that Jordan may have broken one of the unwritten rules of the Race by cutting into the ticket line. Based on contestant behavior, what would else you consider to be an unwritten rule?

Dallas Braden is cordially invited to stay out of this.

Some of these will probably be in the actual rulebook -- we've just never heard them stated.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Write the unwritten. Estee 05-10-10 1
   RE: Write the unwritten. BrassFan 05-10-10 2
   RE: Write the unwritten. jbug 05-10-10 3
   RE: Write the unwritten. moonbaby 05-11-10 5
       Only if they run IceCat 05-12-10 20
           LOL moonbaby 05-12-10 22
               I would soooo watch that show! IceCat 05-13-10 24
                   Fundamental flaw. Estee 05-13-10 26
 RE: Write the unwritten. vince3 05-10-10 4
   RE: Write the unwritten. olathejoe 05-11-10 6
       RE: Write the unwritten. olathejoe 05-11-10 7
       RE: Write the unwritten. LibraRising 05-11-10 8
       RE: Write the unwritten. Estee 05-11-10 9
           RE: Write the unwritten. olathejoe 05-11-10 10
               RE: Write the unwritten. emydi 05-11-10 11
                   RE: Write the unwritten. olathejoe 05-11-10 12
                       RE: Write the unwritten. olathejoe 05-11-10 13
                       RE: Write the unwritten. emydi 05-12-10 21
 RE: Write the unwritten. Colonel Zoidberg 05-11-10 14
   RE: Write the unwritten. LibraRising 05-11-10 15
       *blink* Estee 05-11-10 16
           RE: *blink* LibraRising 05-11-10 17
               RE: *blink* Estee 05-11-10 18
               RE: *blink* Colonel Zoidberg 05-12-10 23
                   RE: *blink* LibraRising 05-13-10 25
 First rule of paper underwear is IceCat 05-12-10 19
   RE: First rule of paper underwear i... sportsjoe 05-14-10 27
 RE: Write the unwritten. PsychoKitty 05-22-10 28

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-10-10, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Write the unwritten."
What's mine is mine. Unlike recent editions of Survivor, personal possessions are clearly off-limits. We've had too many conniving Racers with easy access to piles of luggage and no actual actions taken. Reroute a bag to France, tell a customs agents you smelled something funny, kick a clue pack under a chair... someone would have done something by now. And if a certain RussHole is the next non-person to make the series jump, someone will...

The clue box stays in the picture. This might be just about the all-time piece of Racer sabotage. Get there, make sure no one is there with you, and then -- move the clue box. You don't necessarily have to move it very far. Sticking it just inside a nearby building could do it. Let it ride up and down in an elevator for a while. Say, is that an open manhole over there? (Worse -- but nearly impossible -- is to carry pre-written clues in sealed envelopes.) Clue boxes have to be off-limits -- along with the moving of flags, marker arrows, and the rest of the red-and-yellow pack. Besides, they like to turn invisible on their own.

Pit Stops are quiet time. 'Here, have some more caffeine. No, it won't keep you up at all. Say, mind if I play loud music in my adjoining room all night while I'm sleeping in the lounge? By the way, I'll be calling every cab company in the area with your name and description to tell them you're a con artist who only summons taxis in order to rob the driver. Will that be a problem for you? Too bad.'

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

BrassFan 322 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

05-10-10, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BrassFan Click to send private message to BrassFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Write the unwritten."
>The clue box stays in the
>picture.
This might be
>just about the all-time piece
>of Racer sabotage. Get
>there, make sure no one
>is there with you, and
>then -- move the clue
>box. You don't necessarily
>have to move it very
>far.

Well, we've already seen a team penalized for hiding the bicycle pumps that were part of a challenge, so I'd think that moving the clue box would be a HUGE penalty.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-10, 12:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Write the unwritten."
I almost had a brain freeze - I was thinking of a team that turned some posters of some kind around backwards so the other team couldn't see them -
then realized that was Bret on Celebrity Apprentice - not TAR.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-10, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Bad moments at the finish line are out of place. Can we establish the finish line as a neutral zone?

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-10, 06:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "Only if they run"

... "all sci-fi fan" version of AR.

Where the contestants have to do the entire race "in costume".

Then you could have Romulans to go with the Neutral Zone.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-10, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "LOL"

05-13-10, 06:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "I would soooo watch that show!"

It would be like 'Big Bang Theory' meets 'Survivor'.

05-13-10, 12:46 PM (EST)
26. "Fundamental flaw."
...never mind. People fighting each other to the death for the right to go out first would make good television.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-10, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Write the unwritten."
You can't divorce or change partners mid-race Much as I'm sure some teams would like to either get rid of or trade partners, it just isn't allowed.

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-10, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Ok, so first off, not sure if this is the correct thread for this but I didn't want to start a new one.
Second off, I will readily admit the team I wanted to win (cowboys) didn't so this is somewhat sour grapes but.....

a few seasons ago (last season maybe....they are all blending together) one team, the oriental bro and sis I think, needed to buy plane tickets and mistakenly bought business class, and could not use them because of some unknown (to the viewers anyway) rule about only flying coach. But the brothers moved up to first class without a penalty or anything. So did they break the rules? Have the rules changed? We'd never know becuase they don't post the rules (AFAIK anyway).

Personally I think the cowboys should have turned the brothers into airport security when they cut in line, since they can't physically touch another contestent, at least not push them out of line or anything like that. That might have done a couple of things....1. it would get them in the proper order in line, and 2. it might have labeled the brothers as trouble makers to the airline, then the flight attendents would be notified and possibly not so willing to move them up to first class when they asked. Of course as usual, hindsight = 20/20

05-11-10, 12:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Unwritten rule: girl/girl teams can't win.

LibraRising 2847 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-11-10, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Write the unwritten."
The rule is that you can't buy first class/business class tickets. You can be upgraded or move within the plane so long as the tickets you bought were coach fare.

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

05-11-10, 12:50 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Write the unwritten."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-10 AT 12:51 PM (EST)

It's the Rule Of Fast Talk: if you can convince a local to take an action which doesn't directly interfere with another team, you're legal. So you must pay your taxi fare -- unless you can talk your cabbie into running you around for free, or accepting a non-shoe alternate form of payment. Racers can recruit natives as guides, argue down ticket prices, and while they can only buy coach tickets with their Official TAR Credit Cards, they're free to chutzpah their way into first-class -- as long as the people they're fast-talking choose to cooperate.

The limit here is that you can only affect your own actions. You can convince your ticket broker to give you a half-price discount. You can't whisper 'The people behind me smell like gunpowder: call security' in the hopes of detaining them past flight time. Or rather, you can -- and thirty seconds later, your next flight concern will be the one to Sequesterville.

So as far as turning someone in to airport security goes -- since you can legitimately report something that actually happened, it would come back to the local policy on line-cutting. And odds are at that hour in the morning, with all of five people in the line, it would work out to 'Why are you stupid Americans wasting our time?' But as for badmouthing teams to the flight attendants -- that's interference. And personally, given this year's crew, I'd consider just sitting back and wait for the personalities to alienate everyone around them with no help from me...

A written rule: you can't use your credit card to book the entire plane.

05-11-10, 03:02 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Write the unwritten."
I realize that airport security has better things to do than police line cutters, but with 1 million bucks on the line, and that line being so close....I think if I had been in the cowboys boots I would at least give it a shot. Chances are the brothers would back down just at the mention of "get me security over here....." because they knew they were wrong and probably wouldn't want anything to happen that might cause them to miss the flight. And what I was thinking is that if security did come over, the brothers might be labeled by the airline as trouble makers, and the airline would communicate that to the flight attendants, not the other teams. (probably wishful thinking on my part, but hey, indulge me)
The cowboys made a couple of mistakes on this leg and it cost them. The should not have allowed the line cutting, they should have figured out the spinning clue (the brothers already figured it out for them....they saw the one spinning and spinning.....) and they didn't have good notes for the memory challenge task.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-10, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Read the Brothers' interview with Webby

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-dan-pious-and-jordan-pious-talk-the-amazing-race-win-10913.php

maybe if Jet wasn't so homophobic he could have gotten done with the virtual task a little faster...

05-11-10, 04:25 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Write the unwritten."
"maybe if Jet wasn't so homophobic he could have gotten done with the virtual task a little faster... "

yea, wth is up with that.....maybe that's another unwritten rule....don't get too close to a gay guy or you might get some gay on you and start liking boys? dum, dum de dum dum dum dum

05-11-10, 04:42 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Write the unwritten."
oohhh, how about (hope this doesn't get me in trouble with the PG-13 police):

If you are in a suit with balls, don't let your balls touch the gay guy's balls.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-10, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Write the unwritten."
oh and don't cover up other peoples' belongings

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/exclusive-caite-upton-and-brent-home-discuss-the-amazing-race-10920.php

the cowboys do have so much integrity

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-11-10, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Y'know, I've listened to Cowherd yammer about unwritten rules for about the last week, and I would tear my hair out over it if I had any...

05-11-10, 08:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LibraRising Click to send private message to LibraRising Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Write the unwritten."
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-10 AT 08:25 PM (EST)

Thank you, Zoidberg. I was ambivalent about the brothers winning actually, until I heard all the post-race whining from cowboy fans (not on these boards, but on other sites). The line cut was childish but didn't make an iota of difference in the long run. Moving up to first class was a smart and legal move, and perhaps the silliest complaint of all, it was not cheating to take notes when you knew there was going to be a memory challenge coming. Given the simplicity of the task and the amount of lead the brothers said they had, that probably didn't make any difference, either.

And nothing makes a team lose points with me faster than making the "at least we played with integrity" claim.

This is almost as bad as the "CBS cheated to get Uchenna and Joyce and the Romber flight" whining!

Some cowboy fans are almost as bad as DALLAS Cowboys fans. (hides)

05-11-10, 08:45 PM (EST)
16. "*blink*"
and perhaps the silliest complaint of all, it was not cheating to take notes when you knew there was going to be a memory challenge coming

Did the words 'Ivy League intellectual elitists' manifest anywhere? 'cause arguing against notetaking sounds like it's in the same general category. And population. And arguably the exact targeted demographic.

05-11-10, 08:52 PM (EST)
17. "RE: *blink*"
Ha! I wish I was kidding, but I've read several times (not on here, thankfully) that it was cheating to use notes because it was supposed to be a "memory challenge."

Oh, and I also forgot the claim that the producers either rigged it or ignored those transgressions because they wanted a gay winner to promote the homosexual agenda. Yes, because out of 32 winners, Jordan is what -- the third gay person to win it? Possibly fourth, depending on who you talk to? (and that season doesn't count -- every other contestant was gay!)

A kyngsladye klassic with an IceCat chaser

05-11-10, 08:56 PM (EST)
18. "RE: *blink*"
Oh, and I also forgot the claim that the producers either rigged it or ignored those transgressions because they wanted a gay winner to promote the homosexual agenda.

Yeah, but I was expecting that one.

Have you seen the heterosexual agenda? It has minutes!

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-12-10, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: *blink*"
Not to be pedantic, but...34 winners. The Linz family from Season 8.

**dodges a shoe**

Or if that season officially never happened, 30 winners. Reichen and Chip are the only other homosexual-Americans I recall winning the Race, and frankly, I remember them more for being blundering doofuses than for being gay.

Dan and Jordan winning was mostly getting off to a fast start, but an element of Superfan-ism was thrown in there - Jordan knew what the final task would be, and he was prepared. Jet and Cord were not the Superfans that Jordan was, and Brent and Caite were cast for entirely different reasons.

Therefore, Bruck has a choice - he can either cater to the Superfans and have more of them win like this, or he can change the final task or make it more difficult, because, as I said in another thread, a trained monkey could complete this in under two minutes. Brent might even be able to fiigure it out. But this final task was lame, lame, lame, and it made the end an anti-climax. Only Brandy's ill-fated mouth-diarrhea redeemed it.

05-13-10, 11:07 AM (EST)
25. "RE: *blink*"
D'oh! You're right. Can we pretend Kendra never existed, too, and make it an uneven 29? I'll even keep counting Flo.

I remember Reichen and Chip -- well one of the two at least -- more for being rather devoid of personality.

05-12-10, 06:50 AM (EST)
19. "First rule of paper underwear is"

.... is DON'T talk about your paper underwear!

sportsjoe 61 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-10, 09:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sportsjoe Click to send private message to sportsjoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: First rule of paper underwear is"
I agree, that last memory challenge was lame compared to other seasons. Very anti-climatic ending. But that was par for this season. I thought this season overall was kinda lame. The legs weren't that hard. I thought when Jordan and Jeff got eliminated it was strange that all the teams never got bunched up. As for the lead the gay guys had from the get go in the final leg, I know it was legal for them to move up to 1st class, but for that to have a huge impact in deciding the race is wrong. Like I said before, not the best season to watch. Though I'm sure they're running out of ideas for challenges and locations and stuff. Maybe that is the reason why it was kinda lame.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-22-10, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Write the unwritten."
Maybe this is the wrong thread for this: but I was really disappointed and irritated at the boys for cutting the line. It was just rude and inappropriate. They were HOURS behind. So that spoiled their win for me. I was rooting for the cowboys, but would have been happy with the boys winning. But that soured it for me.

That said, it did not matter in their winning the race - it just upset the cowboys is all. And hopefully they were over it by the time the flight landed and it didn't cause any loss of concentration.

The move up to first class DID give them the lead and they kept it the entire leg. Keeping notes is smart and the right thing to do. And I assume that Jet couldn't move Jordan because you aren't supposed to move another contestant??? Like when they go on a zipline in order, the team that's ahead takes the time they need to complete the task and then the next team gets to go??? I assumed one of those things was in play there. Jordan couldn't have moved either (not that he would have!) or he and Dan would have had to start all over I assume. So it was just unfortunate that they both wound up in the same corner at the same time.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •