The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I like Brandy & Carol."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55194 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-15-10, 12:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I like Brandy & Carol."
I have a dark suspicion whispering that I may be the only one who does...

Part of it is probably that I've been waiting for this team for a long time: this is the first shot for the dating female couple and if they don't work out, it may be another sixteen seasons before we get the next pair. Given that, I almost have to push for them to make a decent showing just so the category doesn't get closed out. But...

They seem to work well together. They're definitely in tune with each other's personalities: this relationship has been going for a while. They recognize their flaws and own them. (I could knock them down a bit for joining in on the Caite bashfest, but Caite pretty much re-earned it in the end, so...)

I just hope they stick around a while. And if at all possible, it would be nice if they didn't prove me completely wrong about everything for at least the next five minutes.

Four minutes?

...next preview commercial?

Well, at least it'll be an interesting exit interview.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Colonel Zoidberg 02-15-10 1
   RE: BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Estee 02-15-10 2
       RE: BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! Colonel Zoidberg 02-15-10 3
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Joools 02-15-10 4
 Wait.... jbug 02-15-10 5
 Testing........... Khipp 02-15-10 6
   RE: Testing........... kidflash212 02-15-10 7
       RE: Testing........... Khipp 02-15-10 8
           RE: Testing........... jbug 02-15-10 10
   RE: Testing........... mrc 02-17-10 15
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Snidget 02-15-10 9
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. samboohoo 02-15-10 11
   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. shaneperry 02-15-10 12
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Max Headroom 02-15-10 13
   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. qwertypie 02-17-10 14
       RE: I like Brandy & Carol. olathejoe 03-08-10 16
           RE: I like Brandy & Carol. PsychoKitty 03-08-10 17
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. MissMyth 03-10-10 18
 RE: I like Brandy & Carol. olathejoe 03-15-10 19
   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. MaryKat 03-15-10 20
       RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Colonel Zoidberg 03-15-10 21
           RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Estee 03-16-10 22
               RE: I like Brandy & Carol. kidflash212 03-30-10 23
                   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Estee 04-05-10 24
                       RE: I like Brandy & Carol. olathejoe 04-12-10 25
                           RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Estee 04-12-10 26
                               RE: I like Brandy & Carol. olathejoe 04-12-10 27
                                   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. trigirl 04-12-10 28
                                       RE: I like Brandy & Carol. Colonel Zoidberg 04-13-10 29
                               RE: I like Brandy & Carol. kidflash212 04-13-10 30
                                   RE: I like Brandy & Carol. HistoryDetective 04-13-10 31
 From the RTVW interview: kingfish 04-13-10 32
   RE: From the RTVW interview: olathejoe 04-13-10 33
       RE: From the RTVW interview: louislam 04-13-10 34

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-15-10, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
That is all.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-15-10, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
I'm pretty sure we're not going to Paris this year.

02-15-10, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: BRANDYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!"
Doesn't matter...that shrill probably could have been heard from Paris.

Joools 225 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

02-15-10, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Joools Click to send private message to Joools Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Maybe I wasn't paying as close attention as I thought I was, but I don't understand why so many people dislike them so much so soon. I like them, too, but right now I don't think there are any teams that I really dislike. I don't mind the Caite-bashing from any team because I find it hilarious.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Wait...."
He!! really is freezing over.
Estee says she likes someone? really? Is this a first?

Khipp 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-10, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Khipp Click to send private message to Khipp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Testing..........."
I just registered so I'm tying to figure this site out and how to post. Please bare with me, or is that bear, lol. Thanks

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Testing..........."
Well WELCOME ABOARD Khipp!! Always great to get new points of view.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Khipp 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-15-10, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Khipp Click to send private message to Khipp Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Testing..........."
Thank you. Still looking around the site. Looking for how to make a profile. Any suggestions? Thanks again

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 02:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Testing..........."
Hi Kipp (can I call you Kipp? or are your more a hipp?) and welcome!
lurve us some newbie faces!

I don't know how to make the siggies - there are many around here tho who do.....

Survivor DAW
for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-10, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Testing..........."
There's a Help Forum that will give you some ideas about the technical aspects of the forums.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
I missed the Brandy and Carol hate.

So far they are pretty amusing. I could see where the high maintenance thing could get irritating at some point, but so far so good.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 02:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
IMO, they overreacted to every single thing - like they were trying to hard. *shrug*

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

shaneperry 45 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-15-10, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shaneperry Click to send private message to shaneperry Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Well they wont win . Thats for sure.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-10, 03:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
I'm on the fence. One more week should determine if they belong in the "Llllllllennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" category or not.

qwertypie 9721 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-10, 01:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
*SHUDDER!*

olathejoe 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-08-10, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
This probably belongs in the bashers section but I didn't want to start a new thread just for this.

Was anyone else thinking what I was thinking when one of them said she has a gag reflex? I know she was referring to the sour kraut, but still, that was an...um....interesting quote. Had there been polish sausage in the challenge I may have fallen out of my chair.

PsychoKitty 678 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-08-10, 04:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PsychoKitty Click to send private message to PsychoKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Very funny! And yes, you aren't the only one that thought of that association ;)

I was also thinking - with aLOT of the teams last night - especially those to let their partner do more than their fair share of both the sauerkraut and beer - SUCK IT UP PEOPLE! This is for a MILLION DOLLARS! I love beer - but much milder. But I think I could chug a boot of Guiness if I had to!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-10-10, 05:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
I thought Kate and Pat in season 12 were the first female couple. Although they were married, not dating. So, never mind.

03-15-10, 11:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail olathejoe Click to send private message to olathejoe Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Either these gals are real b*tches or they are getting the proverbial 'bad edit'. All the griping about crawling through the dirt (wasn't even mud!). Even running to the mat there was a snide comment from one to the other (still don't care which is which). Sure seems to me they are having the least amount of fun of all the teams this season. Of course, it could be the editing, but I think, like usual, they may have the most amount of bad moments and snarky quotes of all the teams, so maybe that makes it easier for the editors to make them look bad.

MaryKat 221 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-15-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MaryKat Click to send private message to MaryKat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
They sure don't seem to be having any fun.

03-15-10, 05:00 PM (EST)
21. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
These two are far worse than Ericka from last season could ever hope to be, and yet people were far worse on Ericka. At least Ericka didn't antagonize the other teams just for their past a la the sniping at Brent and Caite (bravo to them for not sending similar snipes their way.)

Also, they were way off-base on the Detour. Smart people crawl. People forced into it do Morse code.

Stupid, stupid people.

03-16-10, 12:30 PM (EST)
22. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
What bothers me about that sniping is that all we've ever seen is other people reporting it to Brent & Caite. The camera has never shown Brandy & Carol saying it -- and given the storyline, you'd think that would be a natural shot.

I don't think they've reached Ericka's level yet (and don't think she was that bad either), but I was disappointed by the comment about not having signed up for this. You sign up for whatever the clue says to do. If you want to sit in a semi-comfortable house for three months, wait until summer.

On the other hand, saying that only stupid people would do the crawl and having it immediately followed by Brent & Caite showing up was a piece of editing magic.

03-30-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
It also seems to be about a single comment not multiple comments. I'd agree that the tiara comment was snide and not very nice but Caite's reaction to hearing it secondhand is over the top. I would think most people could laugh off a comment like that and put it behind them. Caite is too young to be so bitter.

04-05-10, 00:16 AM (EST)
24. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
At this point, bitterness isn't the primary suspect.

04-12-10, 10:03 AM (EST)
25. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
So, estee, tell us what you really think of the gals now.
I didn't care for them in the beginning and even less now. So, so much negitivity. You got u-turned by a team that didn't like you, deal with it and move on, but the snide comments just kept coming and coming.
And just for the record, I can't stand the team that u-turned them. + I think the 'they have been mean to us the whole trip' was pretty much BS. If there had been any meanness we would have seen it, meanness = ratings, right?

04-12-10, 10:34 AM (EST)
26. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
LAST EDITED ON 04-12-10 AT 10:47 AM (EST)

So, estee, tell us what you really think of the gals now.

No problem. I still like them more than half the teams remaining. As said on last night's ECST, everyone gets mad when they're U-Turned, so I wasn't surprised by their reaction -- but at the same time, we saw enough venom come out during that to put a little doubt as to what potentially could have been said at other times. I don't think what we saw last night makes them horrible people -- and as far as I'm concerned, they're still better than Brent & Caite in that very raw department -- but it does make them human. Angry humans with a grudge. Turned backs on the final mat are now just about guaranteed.

I won't argue against their having been catty. It's just that most (to potentially all) of the clawing came out after they were attacked -- or at least that's what we were shown.

Is there now some doubt as to who said what and when? Yes, and we're never going to get the footage to confirm. For all we know, this was a very long-term play by, of all people, Dan & Jordan. But Caite was looking for any excuse -- and if there hadn't been any, wouldn't have bothered to invent her own. 'They're lesbians!' would cover it every time.

It's an ugly race this year. But I don't consider Carol & Brandy to have been ugly Racers -- even when I'm not comparing them to what's left in the field.

04-12-10, 11:14 AM (EST)
27. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
"It's an ugly race this year."

Boy howdy has it ever. Last night seemed to be the worst I think I've ever seen. Loads and loads of bad karma all over the place. If karma has a say in this race then the cops and their wolf cubs are not going to win and the cowboys and brothers are in good shape.

Back on the topic at hand, even though I didn't care for Brandy and Carol, I sort of agree that they weren't shown being ugly to other racers nearly as much as the sniping between the two of them. Not sure what actually led to them being the villians (bigotry is certainly high on my list of suspects though), could have been stuff that was not shown, but I still go back to the nasty stuff gets the ratings, so if it was there it would have been shown.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

04-12-10, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
I thought it was hilarious when Brandy started spouting the venom and Carol could not even look at the camera, she was laughing.

I really, really dislike Caite and Brent. Enjoyed their rivalry.

04-13-10, 07:36 AM (EST)
29. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Brandy and Carol: the worst reality show fodder California has produced since Stephen Fowler.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, go to www.stephenfowlersucks.com if it's still up.

For those too lazy: Wife Swap, 1/30/2009. Picture Simon Cowell's voice double badgering a rural woman from Missouri for about an hour.

Carol and Brandy's superior attitude smacks of that. Glad to see them go - if an all-female couple is to win the Race, thank Dog it's not them.

04-13-10, 07:49 AM (EST)
30. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
I think one reason we never actually saw a clip of Carol & Brandy being mean or rude was because Caite's perception of what is mean or rude is probably different from other peoples. I think Caite has been a spoiled little princess all of her life, fawned over by everyone. In her mind, Carol & Brandy were rude because they didn't treat her as anything special. That and she's a bigot.

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 08:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: I like Brandy & Carol."
Agree on both counts.

kingfish 16088 desperate attention whore postings

04-13-10, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "From the RTVW interview:"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-10 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

reposted here:

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID37/1655.shtml#10

A more appropriate thread, I think.

04-13-10, 12:21 PM (EST)
33. "RE: From the RTVW interview:"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-10 AT 12:22 PM (EST)

I had no idea until I read the exit interview that they were such 'victims.' Nothing drives more nuts that someone on a reality show that feels cheated somehow because someone else won and they didn't. And the part about Caite being jealous of one of them because of looks.....plaaaaaeeeeeeessssse. Not in this lifetime. I don't normally pick on people because of looks, but since they brought it up, those broads were Ugly with a capital U. And mean. And nasty. I think true colors come out in adverse situations (getting u-turned) and we saw their true colors there and what I saw was a very, very dark shade of black.

louislam 454 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

04-13-10, 08:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail louislam Click to send private message to louislam Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: From the RTVW interview:"
I would say that Carol/Brandy are absolutely right knowing the reason they were u-turned was because Caite wants to get all attention as the only female remaining in the Race. That is just so dumb and stupid. In fact, if Steve/Allie were still in the Race, I would say that I prefer watching Allie much more than Caite, so maybe she's glad somehow Allie's gone.

I agree with all posters above about the negative comments Carol/Brandy got, it was just some personal perception by Caite and manipulation by Michael, there was obviously nothing there as no footage of this has been shown and Carol/Brandy did confirm that they tried to act friendly to everyone and they also said so in insider clips, I am sure they are clever enough about not making enemy. I still remember last leg Brandy were in good company with Michael at the roadblock right? The only negativity Caite got was because C/B did not consider her as anyone special, Caite just wants to get attention from everyone but C/B obviously did not care.

I think C/B did great in the Race considering their age and physical abilities, Brandy's reaction after U turn was understandable, I think it's quite legitimate to be angry and she got a strong personality so it's kind of expected and fun to watch her reaction on screen, it makes good TV in my opinion.

About the beauty comment, I think Carol just wants to compliment Brandy a bit (and she did modeling before). Anyway, I think you cannot compare a 40-year-old woman with a 20-year-old?

The Amazing Race Fan from Hong Kong!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •