The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S46-E03 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4489 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-09-24, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S46-E03 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-24 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

“Wackadoodles Win”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S46-E03 Press Release Sheldor 03-09-24 1
 On Fire: High Pressure, Low Energy Sheldor 03-09-24 2
   I was too soft on players Sheldor 03-09-24 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

03-09-24, 07:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S46-E03 Press Release"
Storyline
03/7/2024

SEVERAL CASTAWAYS HAVE SOME EXPLAINING TO DO AFTER A FAKE IDOL IS PLAYED AT TRIBAL COUNCIL, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13

“Wackadoodles Win”Several castaways have some explaining to do after a fake idol was played at tribal council. A castaway attempts to fall on the sword for their tribe’s loss in the immunity challenge. Then, three castaways take a journey to compete for an advantage in the game, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, March 13 (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT)

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=109400-several-castaways-have-some-explaining-to-do-after-a-fake-idol-is-played-at-tribal-council-on-survivor-wednesday-march-13

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-09-24, 07:23 PM (EST)
2. "On Fire: High Pressure, Low Energy"

High Pressure, Low Energy
The Official Survivor Podcast

Mar 7, 2024
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y6ANPzETPo

34:39 High Pressure, Low Energy
On Fire with Jeff Probst: The Official Survivor Podcast

"High Pressure, Low Energy"
Mar 6, 2024
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/high-pressure-low-energy/id1673596832?i=1000648296206

New era, same emotions. The players are already feeling the emotional impact of no food, sleepless nights, and physical exhaustion. From small tribes to minimal supplies, Jeff shares how the game design is all about earning your keep and digging into your reserves to prove just how badly you want it. Jeff and Dee talk about the importance of being vulnerable and finding ways to bond with tribemates, whether it’s through a Metallica-Taylor Swift song-off at camp or poking fun at Jeff.

Jeff also breaks down how they created the new and bigger version of the archway puzzle featured in this week's challenge. Dee talks about how you must push your limits during every challenge, even when there's nothing left in the tank because your tribemates are depending on you. Then, Jeff answers some fan questions about why they phased out schoolyard picks, how castaways handle their jobs if they're selected for Survivor, and more.

03-09-24, 07:28 PM (EST)
3. "I was too soft on players"
Knife-wielding Survivor host Jeff Probst admits 'I was too soft on players'

The host says his episode 2 move was a response to fan criticism.
By Dalton Ross
Published on March 6, 2024
http://ew.com/survivor-host-jeff-probst-admits-too-soft-on-players-8605444

Warning to all future Survivor players: Jeff Probst carries a knife. And he will use it.

That fun — and somewhat frightening — fact came out on Wednesday’s episode of Survivor 46 after the Nami tribe returned the immunity idol they had won at the previous challenge back to the host before the start of the second immunity competition. But they had made a little alteration, adding an orange headband to the idol figure.

This led to some playful back and forth between the tribe and Probst, with the host actually taking out a knife and cutting the makeshift buff off the idol. What inspired Probst to wield such a deadly weapon? Turns out it was both a bit of fun and a response to fan feedback that the host had gotten too nice and too safe.

When it comes to going at it with contestants, “I love it when players banter with me,” Probst says on the latest episode of his On Fire With Jeff Probst podcast. “Number one, it makes me feel like I'm part of the fun. And I'm also okay with negotiating. I'm good with it all!”

But there was another message Probst wanted to deliver, and this one was to viewers. “As far as the knife, yeah, that's a little playful response to the criticism that I’ve become a little too soft in recent seasons. And look, I've said it many times, I'm going to say it again: When we came back after the pandemic, I will own it: I wanted Survivor to be fun, and I wanted to make a show that we felt families would feel safe to watch and would help distract you from everything we were going through.”

However, the host acknowledges that the pendulum may have swung a little too far in that direction. “I hear you, I'm listening. I do have an edge. Ask the people I work with. I got an edge, and I do know that I was too soft last season on our two quitters.”

Probst had a visceral reaction to Hannah Rose and Sean Edwards both quitting Survivor 45, even announcing that quitters would no longer get their torch snuffed at Tribal Council. “That was really the moment that I really kind of saw it,” Probst says on the podcast. “It broke my back. I was too soft. I see it.”

Those words mirror what Probst has told EW about bringing a little spice back to the show — something we also saw at the first episode's Tribal Council. Of course, this doesn’t mean the host is going to show up at challenges and start pushing people into mud for no reason. There are limits to his newfound edge. “It's not like I just suddenly start dressing in all black and I'm the villain," he laughs. "You have to have the opportunity to play. And that's why I really like that the Nami tribe put a piece of yellow cloth on the idol. That was fun, and it gave me an opportunity to play.”

On a previous new era season, the entire incident may have gone down differently. “Remember, I could have handled that in a very different way,” he continues on the podcast. “I could have said, ‘I like the confidence, and since you are the only tribe that's won it, I say it just stays on until somebody else wins it and they can do what they want.’ But instead, I took the guidance of the fans and I pulled out my knife. So for future players, feel free to bring it all. The show is a living, breathing thing.”

And the host is a living, breathing thing as well — and one who says he listens to fan reaction on twists, too. “I also have said I went too far with ‘Change History' . I did. That was all me. And I heard that criticism and we got rid of it. So I can change. I am malleable. You can mold me.”

To hear the Probst talk more about episode 2 of Survivor 46, check out the On Fire podcast with cohosts Dee Valladares and Jay Wolff.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •