The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45-W10-E10 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-29-23, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45-W10-E10 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-29-23 AT 09:41 AM (EST)

“How Am I The Mobster?”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S45-W10-E10 Press Release Sheldor 11-29-23 1
 On Fire: 3 Stage Showdown Sheldor 11-29-23 2
   EW: Older Contestants Sheldor 11-29-23 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-29-23, 09:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S45-W10-E10 Press Release"
Storyline

11/20/2023

CASTAWAYS MUST NAVIGATE THROUGH A MAZE WHERE THEY ARE INCHES AWAY FROM DISASTER OR VICTORY TO EARN A NIGHT AT THE SANCTUARY ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 29

“How Am I the Mobster?”Castaways must navigate through a maze where they are inches away from disaster or victory to win the reward challenge and earn a night in the sanctuary. Then, castaways will need to prove they have what it takes to hold on and win immunity to be safe at tribal council, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 29, (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*. The show is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=108824-castaways-must-navigate-through-a-maze-where-they-are-inches-away-from-disaster-or-victory-to-earn-a-night-at-the-sanctuary-on-survivor-wednesday-nov

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-29-23, 09:55 AM (EST)
2. "On Fire: 3 Stage Showdown"

9. Three-Stage Showdown | On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast
On Fire: The Official Survivor Pods TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1wNWbZqvM

Three-Stage Showdown
36:53 | NOV 22, 2023
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/three-stage-showdown/id1673596832?i=1000635749609

The only thing we love more than a three-stage challenge is a three-stage challenge with A TWIST! Jeff, Jay, and Rick discuss how production designs multi-tier challenges and how they’re upping the stakes with the potential to lose your vote and a trip to the Sanctuary.

For the second week in a row, we’re left with the oldest players on the island, Bruce and Julie, duking it out for immunity. How come there aren't more older people on Survivor? Jeff responds to this frequently asked question, along with a few others from the “On Fire” mailbox, shedding light on the producer-players relationship and what happens if a challenge malfunctions.

Jeff, Jay, and Rick wrap the episode with their thoughts on what’s to come in the final weeks of Survivor 45!

11-29-23, 10:14 AM (EST)
3. "EW: Older Contestants "
Jeff Probst explains why there aren't more older contestants on Survivor

The host wants older fans to apply, but there's a caveat.

By Dalton Ross Published on November 22, 2023
http://ew.com/survivor-host-jeff-probst-older-contestants-8405987

For the second straight week, Survivor 45 featured a brutal endurance showdown on Wednesday night between the two oldest players of the season — Julie Alley (49) and Bruce Perreault (47). And for the second straight week, Bruce emerged victorious and won the coveted immunity necklace.

It was another impressive performance by two players who are more than a decade older than the next oldest contestant — making it an opportune time for host Jeff Probst to discuss the topic of age and why we don’t see more older contestants on the show. And he did exactly that on the latest episode of his On Fire podcast.

“I get the question a lot: How come there aren't more older people on Survivor?” the host says on the podcast. “Well, it's reflected in the smaller percentage of older people who apply. We get a lot of younger people applying, which is great because they're discovering the show and they're coming of age to apply and they've got that energy of ‘I could do this, I could win that game.’”

Jeff Probst calling a challenge on 'Survivor 45'. CBS

Probst says the casting process — which we went behind the scenes on in our recent EW cover story — has uncovered many diamonds in the rough since the break for Covid, but producers would like to extend that process to older fans. “We also have a lot of diverse types of stories who are applying, which has been incredibly inspiring. So the good news is, if you're over 40 — which is old on Survivor —and you want to apply, we are looking for you.”

There is already movement on his network proving that to be the case. The same casting team that works on Survivor put together a noticeably older cast on CBS’ recently completed season 25 of Big Brother. That cast featured four different contestants 45 and older: Felicia Cannon (63), former Survivor legend Cirie Fields (53), Bowie Jane (45), and Hisam Goueli (45). Not only that, but the cast also featured five people in their 30s. Big Brother host Julie Chen Moonves was a fan of the greater age diversity, telling EW, “We used to have one older person, who was middle-aged plus, maybe every other season along with a bunch of young hotties."

While the network, casting team, and Survivor host all seem open to putting together older casts, Probst warns that age alone will not get someone on the show. “Here's the caveat,” he notes. “We're not going to put you on just because you're older. That would be a wasted spot. And in the same way that sometimes an 18-year old is lacking a little life experience to make them ready for the show, I meet a lot of people in their fifties who are so locked into who they are that it's also equally not interesting on the other side of the spectrum. There's no layers to them.”

Bruce Perreault on 'Survivor 45'. CBS

Luckily for the show, Survivor’s two current challenge beasts have plenty of layers. “That's clearly not the case with Julie and Bruce,” says Probst. "Both are very interesting, very compelling. We would put both of them back on the show today.” Maybe Bruce — who also appeared (albeit briefly) on Survivor 44 — just keeps coming back over and over again for every season. I’m sure Katurah would be absolutely thrilled!

For much more inside intel from Probst on the latest episode — including all the fallout from last week’s blindside — check out On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •