The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4311 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-13-23, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 11-13-23 AT 10:00 AM (EST)

“Following a Dead Horse to Water”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S45-W08-E08 Press Release Sheldor 11-13-23 1
 On Fire: Get A Grip Sheldor 11-14-23 2
   JP Mind Exploded Sheldor 11-14-23 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-13-23, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S45-W08-E08 Press Release"
Storyline

11/9/2023

THE “SURVIVOR” AUCTION IS BACK! CASTAWAYS MUST FUEL UP TO KEEP GOING IN THE GAME, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 15

“Following a Dead Horse to Water”The SURVIVOR Auction is back! Castaways will need to fuel up to keep going in the game. Then, castaways must be the last one standing in the immunity challenge to earn a spot in the final nine, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 15,

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=108768-the-survivor-auction-is-back-castaways-must-fuel-up-to-keep-going-in-the-game-on-survivor-wednesday-nov-15

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-14-23, 06:48 AM (EST)
2. "On Fire: Get A Grip"

7. Get A Grip | On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast
On Fire: The Official Survivor Pods TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DEC0cB4DQ

Get A Grip
39:24 | NOV 8, 2023
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/get-a-grip/id1673596832?i=1000634208901

Endurance is the name of the game this week as the castaways take on the iconic Survivor challenge, “Get a Grip.” Jeff shares what inspired the creation of this challenge, how it was designed, and why it’s all about will (and in Dee’s case, long toes). Then, down to 12 castaways, a two-vote twist means one player voted out will make the jury, and the other, crucially, won't. Rick, Jeff and Jay dig into just what it means to miss out on the jury. Then, finally, Jeff shares the moment of the episode that made him spit out his coffee the first time he saw it because it was just that shocking.

11-14-23, 06:53 AM (EST)
3. "JP Mind Exploded"
Jeff Probst's mind exploded when he first saw Survivor Tribal Council flash-forward scene

"WTF! Holy Smokes. MIND EXPLODING. Mind blown. Crime scene. Call 911. An older white male just had his mind explode all over his patio. Urgent care needed."

By Dalton Ross Published on November 8, 2023
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-mind-exploded-tribal-council-flash-forward-scene/

Survivor just broke the space-time continuum. Either that, or it just did some really fancy editing to do something it never has before in 45 seasons — show us a Tribal Council happening before it actually happened.

The flash-forward occurred on Thursday's installment of Survivor 45, when contestant Jake O'Kane on day 13 of the game laid out a possible scenario to happen later at that evening's Tribal Council. Jake's plan involved himself, Kaleb Gebrewold, and Katurah Topps all voting for Julie Alley, while Julie, Austin Li Coon, and Dee Valladares would all vote for Kaleb. Under Jake's scenario, the tie would then lead to a revote, which would also be a tie. Jake then assured the others that Austin would fold rather than go to a rock vote that could potentially send him home, giving their side the win and sending Julie to the jury.

Jake O'Kane on 'Survivor 45'. ROBERT VOETS/CBS

Hearing Jake's plan was not so unique for a show filled with strategy talks and various potential scenarios, but the visuals accompanying said plan were downright shocking. That's because as Jake talked about people voting for Kaleb and Julie, we actually saw those votes being cast — meaning we saw scenes from a Tribal Council that had not yet happened. For the first time ever, Survivor showed scenes in advance of a Tribal Council that had not yet taken place.

It didn't just blow the minds of viewers. It blew the mind of the host as well. Jeff Probst explained his surprise on the latest episode of his On Fire podcast. "Here's this scenario," he says on the podcast. "I'm on my back deck calmly sitting. It's a Saturday morning, I'm drinking a cup of coffee and I'm watching this episode. And when I saw this moment, I was so inspired that I unconsciously sort of jumped out of my chair. I splashed coffee all over my MacBook because I was racing to get my phone to call the editor Fred Hawthorne to ask where this inspired idea came from."

It seems Hawthorne had a little trick up his sleeve and didn't even give the host a heads up about what he was trying before Probst watched the episode. "I started watching and then I realized: Wait a minute, this is tonight's Tribal," says Probst. "And it was a really interesting moment for me because I am watching the episode as a producer, because this is the last stop before we send it to the network. So that's first and foremost what's on my mind. But you can't help but also watch as a fan because the episodes are so good. So when this moment hit, my mind exploded, my knees jumped off, thus the coffee splash all over my MacBook."

Jeff Probst on 'Survivor 45'. ROBERT VOETS/CBS

Probst, who shared his casting journals with EW for our recent Survivor cover story, also wrote down his reaction to the editing maneuver in his notes. "Here's what I wrote," he says. "WTF! Holy Smokes. MIND EXPLODING. Mind blown. Crime scene. Call 911. An older white male just had his mind explode all over his patio. Urgent care needed." Sums up the host: "That's how blown away I was with this truly inventive idea."

Once the full Tribal Council was shown later in the episode, it was revealed that Jake's plan did not play out the way he envisioned. Instead, Katurah joined the three original Reba members in voting out Kaleb. But it was a clever wrinkle to put images to words and show pieces of how a plan might have played out under different circumstances. As surprising as this twist of showing pieces of a future Tribal Council was, there could be an even bigger editing trick on the horizon.

"I called Fred," says Probst on the podcast. "It was a Saturday, and he said, 'Well, I've always wanted to do that, but I have an even bigger idea. And one day when the right episode lines up, I think it'll work and I'm going to give it a try.' So we have that to look forward to in a future episode. In a future season of Survivor is the Fred Hawthorne magic trick."

Hopefully the host will have 911 on speed dial by then.

For much more inside intel from Probst on the latest episode check out On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •