The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S45-W06-E06 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4269 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

10-29-23, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S45-W06-E06 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-23 AT 10:28 AM (EST)

“I'm Not Batman, I'm the Canadian”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S45-W06-E06 Press Release Sheldor 10-29-23 1
 On Fire: Feeling the Hunger Sheldor 10-29-23 2
   RE: On Fire: Feeling the Hunger Sheldor 10-29-23 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

10-29-23, 10:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S45-W06-E06 Press Release"
Storyline
10/26/2023

CASTAWAYS MUST ROLL THEIR WAY TO A WIN IN THE IMMUNITY CHALLENGE, LEAVING THE REST AT RISK OF GOING HOME, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, NOV. 1

“I’m Not Batman, I’m the Canadian”Castaways must roll their way to a win in the immunity challenge, leaving the rest at risk of going home. Then, a comment from day one comes back to haunt one of the castaways, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, Nov. 1, (8:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and streaming on Paramount+ (live and on demand for Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers, or on demand for Paramount+ Essential subscribers the day after the episode airs)*. The show is hosted by Emmy Award winner Jeff Probst.

Click HERE for photos

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=108686-castaways-must-roll-their-way-to-a-win-in-the-immunity-challenge-leaving-the-rest-at-risk-of-going-home-on-survivor-wednesday-nov-1

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

10-29-23, 10:45 AM (EST)
2. "On Fire: Feeling the Hunger"

5. Feeling the Hunger | On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast
On Fire: The Official Survivor Pods TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5kgtnqNak

Feeling the Hunger
43:42 | Oct 25, 2023
http://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/feeling-the-hunger/id1673596832?i=1000632642211

Ten days in, the Survivor castaways all share one common feeling: hunger. Jeff dives into how a player’s mental clarity, physical energy, and emotions are impacted by no food and why that's a critical part of the game design. Speaking of hunger, would you pick an advantage over a sandwich? Austin, J, and Kellie are faced with this decision and their shared dilemma may inspire a new alliance - Rick, Jeff and Jay dive into the double-edged sword of any shared advantage. Later, they discuss fake idols, including Sifu's, and Rick, an idol master in his own right, shares what it takes to put together multiple fake idols out on the island. And, they discuss voting for a future merge, when nothing on Survivor is guaranteed.

10-29-23, 10:53 AM (EST)
3. "RE: On Fire: Feeling the Hunger"
Jeff Probst says you don't need a sob story to get cast on Survivor

The host also reacts to what he calls one of his favorite origin stories ever.

By Dalton Ross
Published on October 25, 2023
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-45-jeff-probst-dont-need-sob-story-to-get-cast/

The new era of Survivor has featured a lot of twists, turns, journeys, advantages, and idols. And it has featured a lot of something else — emotional backstory packages highlighting the adversity players have overcome before getting to the island. But host Jeff Probst says just because there has been a bigger emphasis on such piano-music laden scenes focused on past trauma, that doesn't mean you need a "sob story" to get on the show.

The topic of the backstories comes up on the latest episode of Probst's On Fire podcast he cohosts with former player Rick Devens (Survivor: Edge of Extinction) and producer Jay Wolff. "They started because when we shifted the focus of our casting in season 41 to be more diverse in every way, as we've talked a lot about, it led to so many interesting stories that we'd never heard before," Probst says on the podcast. "Stories of immigrant families, stories of incredible obstacles that were overcome during childhood, stories of people learning how to like themselves, their own unique self. So out of the gate, we made a decision: We're going to invest time and energy into telling some of these stories on the show."

This week's episode of Survivor 45 featured one such package on contestant Jake O'Kane, who talked about hiding his binge-eating problem from his family as his weight went up to 287 pounds. "Jake, as I said last week, it's one of my favorite origin stories ever," Probst says. "Mainly because of the courage of Jake to share so openly. That was a very personal story and so relatable to so many people, but also the beautiful way it was told in the editing. And then that shift where he's down and he's telling you about his lowest moment, and then he laughs… and it finishes as one of the most moving pieces we've ever done."

While Probst credits his editing team for putting it all together, he also gives major props to Jake for his storytelling prowess. "I think Jake should expect to do some speaking events because I really do mean it, I think that was probably relatable to millions of people. And maybe he should start it with playing this scene from Survivor 45 and then get into it."

Jake O’Kane on 'Survivor 45'. Robert Voets/CBS

However, Devens then asks the Survivor host about people he's spoken to that now worry they'll never be cast on the show because they don't have an equally emotional "sob story."

"I'm really glad you said that, because I hear it too," Probst responds. "And I can see how you could draw that conclusion. If you don't have this kind of a backstory, we may not tell your backstory, but that doesn't mean you won't get on Survivor. There are people on this season that don't have this incredible backstory. It's not about that. All we want on Survivor are compelling, authentic people. So just trust us that we're telling the truth. Don't try to make assumptions based on what you've seen. If you want to play Survivor, apply."

So if you have lived a drama and trauma-free life, rest assured you can still get cast on Survivor. It just means your childhood photos and videos might not make the cut.

For more inside intel from the host and showrunner on the latest episode, check out On Fire: The Official Survivor Podcast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •