The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Sheldor 4027 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-13-23, 10:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
LAST EDITED ON 04-13-23 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

“Don’t Get Cocky, Kid”

A Star Wars quote!
Must be Kane or Carson!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 S44-W08-E08 Press Release Sheldor 04-13-23 1
   Thoughts... Flowerpower1 04-14-23 5
 JP clarifies Survivor Tribal Counci... Sheldor 04-13-23 2
 JP Podcast: The Big Theme Sheldor 04-13-23 3
   Survivor concept season we never sa... Sheldor 04-13-23 4
       Thank you Mike White! michel2 04-16-23 7
 RE: S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues michel2 04-16-23 6
   RE: S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues Sheldor 04-19-23 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-13-23, 10:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "S44-W08-E08 Press Release"
Storyline

04/13/2023

A WAR BETWEEN OLD TRIBES RISKS CREATING A SHIFT IN POWER, ON “SURVIVOR,” WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19

“Don’t Get Cocky, Kid” A war between old tribes risks creating a shift in power. Then, castaways get twisted and caught up in the immunity challenge, on SURVIVOR, Wednesday, April 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+*.

http://www.paramountpressexpress.com/cbs-entertainment/shows/survivor/releases/?view=103939-a-war-between-old-tribes-risks-creating-a-shift-in-power-on-survivor-wednesday-april-19

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Flowerpower1 4062 desperate attention whore postings

04-14-23, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Thoughts..."
A WAR BETWEEN OLD TRIBES RISKS CREATING A SHIFT IN POWER

Danny in the preview noted someone on Ratu has to go. So this clue could equal, Soka vs. Ratu, with Tika in the middle.

I really think the main boot candidates this week could be Brandon or Kane...I think Carson seen as sick, is a red herring. So, if one of Ratu goes, than Soka is the new power tribe? Could place a target squarely on Danny's back.

Crazy Carolyn is twisted in the net. Ugh.

04-13-23, 10:39 PM (EST)
2. "JP clarifies Survivor Tribal Council bag rule"
Jeff Probst clarifies Survivor Tribal Council bag rule
Could Frannie have handed Matt his bag at Tribal Council? We asked the host.
By Dalton Ross
April 13, 2023 at 08:00 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-tribal-council-bag-rule-frannie-matt/

Both members of Survivor 44's ultimate showmance couple — Frannie Marin and Matt Blankinship — made pretty massive mistakes on this week's episode.

Frannie had a chance to win immunity for both of them once she was the last person standing from her group in the challenge. Had she then intentionally dropped her ball, she would have had immunity for herself and guaranteed immunity for the other group, which included Matt. Instead, Frannie kept competing and outlasted the entire other team, meaning Matt was left vulnerable.

Matt's mistake occurred before the challenge even began, when he decided not to bring his bag with him to the contest. When Matt and the losing team were sent to a separate beach after the challenge and then straight to Tribal Council, that left him without his Shot in the Dark, which would have given him a one in six chance of being safe.

Matt hoped that Frannie — who was back the Va Va merge tribe breach — would bring his bag for him to Tribal Council, but when she said she hadn't, that was the end of that. And the end of Matt's game, as he was voted out of the tribe.

But what if Frannie had brought Matt's bag to Tribal Council? Would she have even been allowed to give it to him? Due to the unique rules of this week's episode, Frannie and the orange team all had immunity, but they were not allowed to vote at Tribal Council. Not only that, but outside of Heidi Lagares-Greenblatt playing a Control a Vote advantage, they were not even allowed to speak. The group sat in the jury box and essentially acted as spectators, not participants.

So again, if the winners were not allowed to interact with the losers verbally, could Frannie have interacted physically with Matt (not in that way, sickos!) by giving him his bag? We went to host and showrunner Jeff Probst for answers.

"In this situation, because of the specifics of the twist, Frannie would not have been allowed to give Matt his bag," Probst tells EW. "One of the keys to this idea was that the winning group would have no say in who was voted out from the losing group. So that means that nobody from the winning team can play an idol for you, or play an extra vote against your opponent, or, in this case, bring your bag with your Shot in the Dark and give it to you."

So it seems Matt indeed would have been out of luck — and time — even if Frannie had brought all of his earthly island possessions with her.

Oh, and in case you were wondering just how many keys producers hid to that Control a Vote birdcage that Heidi eventually opened, we asked Probst that as well. "There were 15 keys scattered in the jungle," reveals the host. "I thought it was a really fun idea that was fair for everyone, rewarded those who hustled, but still had an element of chance. I think it's safe to say you will see something like that again in a future season." Future contestants, take note.

04-13-23, 10:45 PM (EST)
3. "JP Podcast: The Big Theme"

51 minutes | Apr 12, 2023
The Big Theme

Curious how Survivor's big themes were born? This episode gets to the heart of how, why, and exactly what it takes to build some of Survivor's most iconic themes. Join us as Jeff discusses some of the most memorable, like Redemption Island, Edge of Extinction and Winners At War. Hear how each theme creates intense, new challenges while revealing the determination and spirit of your favorite castaways. Go inside the creative process for developing the show’s format with a dramatic reading from an original show bible and find out what question White Lotus creator, Mike White, asked Jeff that made Jeff erase all of his ideas going into season 41 and start over from scratch. Plus, we answer your questions about wearing glasses on the island, how castaways communicate during the voting and exactly what happens to all those parchments after each season.

http://www.stitcher.com/show/on-fire-with-jeff-probst--the-official-survivor-podcast/episode/the-big-theme-301947252

04-13-23, 10:51 PM (EST)
4. "Survivor concept season we never saw"
Jeff Probst reveals the Survivor concept season we never saw
"Of all the bad ideas I've had, this was going to be the worst."
By Dalton Ross
April 13, 2023 at 09:35 AM EDT
http://ew.com/tv/survivor-jeff-probst-concept-season-we-never-saw/

Back in 2021, Jeff Probst shared a secret with us. While discussing the upcoming Survivor 41, he spilled a bit on what the theme of the season was originally going to be before he placed a call to former contestant (and now Emmy-winning White Lotus creator) Mike White.

"I called Mike for his insight into a story-related element," Probst said. "He listened politely as I laid out the idea. It was an elaborate and very complicated Survivor capitalist society that would be driven by players earning money — Fire Tokens — and spending them on shelter, rewards, and advantages. When I finished the pitch, I asked him what he thought. He paused for a moment and said, 'Well… it sounds… in-ter-est-ing. But is it fun?'"

That simple question caused Probst to completely rethink the creative direction for Survivor 41, which ended up being one of the most twist-heavy seasons in franchise history, filled with extra votes, taken-away votes, Beware Advantages, Hourglasses, Shots in the Dark, and Do or Dies. But no more information has been revealed about that lost season of Survivor. Until now.

On the latest episode of his On Fire with Jeff Probst podcast, the host and showrunner went into more detail about the Survivor 41 that never was, as well as the former player that would have returned in a new role.

"It was going to be an economy-based game in which you bought everything," Probst said on the podcast. "So money would enter the society. That is why the Fire Tokens were in (Survivor: Winners at War). They were supposed to be in Survivor 41 because I had this whole big idea of: Wouldn't it be fascinating to see what happens when money enters a society? And I was so excited by it that in the creative bible for Survivor 41 I wrote the ending of Survivor like it was a novel."

Probst then proceeded to read (in a quasi-British accent) what he described as "the single corniest thing I've ever written" — a thematic ending to Survivor: Winners at War that sounds like an introductory script blared over speakers at a Medieval Times dinner theater show. (You really need to go listen to Probst's performance for yourself, as mere words here on the screen cannot do the cheese factor justice.)

The host then explained how the end of season 40 would have linked into the original concept for season 41. In the first episode of Survivor 41, he outlined, "We will start with the sounds of the war that preceded this new era, so we would hear comments from the players in — them saying things like, 'I left it all out there… I'll never go back again… nothing will ever be the same again,' combined with images of their last fire, those last burning embers and their shelter that's starting to fall down. Actual images from . And then, through that, the sun would rise, and we would transition into the opening moments of Survivor 41."

It wasn't just a vision in their heads. They actually put the idea into motion. "We even made a logo," Probst revealed on his podcast. " Zach Jensen made a logo of that. It is a sunrise that says Survivor 41: Dawn of a New Era. We're fully committed to this idea."

Probst fleshed out the idea: "It was going to be a Survivor economy, and the question was: How will this change the society if you have to earn tokens and then buy everything?"

That's where the Fire Tokens would have come in. Fire Tokens were first introduced in the Winners at War season as a form of currency, and Probst told EW before that season began filming that the plan was for them to play a big part in the show moving forward. For producers, that meant getting a crash course in economics and math.

"My friend had built us an algorithm," said the host. "So you could put any price you wanted for any item. Imagine we have a long list of items. You could buy palm fonds, you can buy rice, you can buy fishing gear, whatever. And you can change the Fire Token amount and see how it will change the economy."

But the biggest surprise of all might be the revelation that a former player was envisioned to be involved in a completely new role. "We're in deep," continued Probst. "So deep that the place where you were going to be doing all of your Survivor shopping was going to be called the Trading Post. So this is where you would show up and have your five Fire Tokens and you would want to buy something. So you would walk up to the Trading Post and you would hear a voice saying, 'What can I do you for?' And the voice would turn around, and it was going to be Rick Devens."

Wait, what?! Yes, that Rick Devens — the fan favorite from Edge of Extinction (and current cohost of the Surviving Snyder podcast alongside Survivor: Ghost Island's Brendan Shapiro and yours truly). When On Fire podcast producer Jay Wolff inquired as to whether Devens knows he was meant to be part of the lost season, Probst laughed, "No! I never even asked him! But that was in my head. What if Rick Devens came out and became the shop owner? He's so funny. It would be so fun. He knows the game, but: 'Today, I'm just selling advantages and you don't have enough tokens, partner.' That kind of thing."

Alas, as longtime EW readers know, Probst then called Mike White and the concept was killed. "I hung up, and I went into the garage, and I ceremoniously erased every white board without taking a photo — which is something that I never do — so that there was no record of it," Probst said on the podcast. "Because I knew Mike was right. l was never coming back to this idea." (That sound you hear is Rick Devens crying inside his imaginary Trading Post.)

Personally, as someone who actually was intrigued by the introduction of Fire Tokens and how they added new social and strategic gears to the game in Winners at War, I kind of wish Probst never called Mike White on that fateful day and that we could have seen how it all played out. But Probst himself remains adamant: "Of all the bad ideas I've had, this was going to be the worst. It was going to ground the show to a halt."

Listen to the entire discussion on the new episode of On Fire with Jeff Probst.

michel2 4134 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-23, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Thank you Mike White!"
Probst is a dumba$$.

michel2 4134 desperate attention whore postings

04-16-23, 09:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
I don't think “Don’t Get Cocky, Kid” is exclusive to Star Wars.

04-19-23, 07:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S44-W08-E08 Title and Clues"
Good point. The actual quote is:

"Great, kid! Don't get cocky." — Han Solo, A New Hop

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •