The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel2 4183 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-04-23, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
Survivor has long abandoned the idea of putting a theme on the season but I haven't! This was:

SURVIVOR M*A*S*H*

The star of the evening, well the one that we saw most often, happened to be the Medic and, while medical shows have always been popular, that's not exactly what we wanted to watch.

OK, we happen to know that this was filmed in Fiji where SeeBS has established a small colony but since any and all cultural references have long disappeared from this show, let's pretend we were in back in Korea for a Sequel to M*A*S*H*

The Patients - Most of These Players Kept our Medic Busy while another Sure Look Like she needs Help:

Bruce: His story is already done although, for the life of me, I can't understand why they didn't bring him back if he was doing so well and he hadn't missed a challenge.

Matthew: He was interviewed on the beach by Jeff. He said he had mixed emotions but he wasn't afraid right now.

Matthew explained that he stepped up for the «Sweat» Challenge because he was the oldest and the smallest guy. He wanted to get rid of that target.

He wasn't the first to make fire but he was the one that stepped up for Ratu. He was called the provider and showed his abilities to forage and build. In confessional, he thanked his mom for his sense of adventure and all the fun he was having. We got even more insights into his personal life as we were introduced to his husband and their son. That's when he went a bit too far, climbing a rock and falling off of it. He dislocated his shoulder and gashed his foot. Medic came in but he continued with a sling.

Once Lauren left on the trek, Matthew, again, was the one that narrated the search for the Bird Cage Key. He got them to split in group so that the person finding it couldn't hide it.

* His shoulder injury could get him voted out but his tribe is so fractured that he shouldn't have a problem rejoining Brandon. We heard playrs say that they like Matthew so that will help him extend his game.

Brandon: Brandon's first confessional was about not wanting to do a puzzle so his tribe chose the coconuts for which he, of course, was designated. Matthew joined him and, after a lot of effort, they succeeded. It took more than the 2 hours he expected though!

Brandon found the key and he tried to conceal, it butm Maddy noticed the bulge in his pocket. Realizing he had been caught, Brandon came clean and opened the cage in front of everyone. Brandon realized he had put a target on his back.

* His heatstroke didn't prevent him from reading the room properly. As far as I remember, this was the first time an idol was played correctly in the very first episode.

Carolyn: Her first presence showed that there's something missing up there. Doesn't she know how confessionals work? After 43 seasons?? Drug Counsellor or Drug Addict? Hard to tell, wasn't it?

Carolyn's second confessional about the bird cage made her look like an addict who had to find a way to take the drugs out of the cage.

It must be remembered that Carolyn lost the first reward challenge for her tribe, being the only one unable to fling the ring. Why did she think stripping out of her pants would help? Was it a reflex?

On day 2 we started to see paranoia in Carolyn. She realized no one was talking to her. She tried talking to people but it never went far. Next, she was shot down when she volunteered to go ion the boat.

The Visitors - They made briefs appearances on screen and maybe one or two will turn into stars but, for now, they are to be considered as numbers to be eliminated sooner or later:

Jaime: The 3rd confessional of the evening went to the Yoga instructor who seemed to think she has a magic wand that will give her the money. Then we saw her fall out of the boat as they reached land.

Josh: His first confessional told us he was a real life Survivor but he didn't get to expand on his life story.
Then Josh had a solely narrative confessional about feeling great about the challenge win and the utensils that came with it.

Danny: He had a day 1 confessional about liking the vibe of the Soka (Green) tribe. He was disappointerd that no one stood up in a bad way so that he could have an easy vote.

Claire: The evening's second confessional went to our Tech Investor. She wants to show that she can get 17 people to give her a million dollars.

In confessional, she gave us her thoughts about the bird cage twist being so public.

* Always watch for those early million dollar quotes. Claire had it this season.

Kane: His first and only confessional was a narration of the tribe's thoughts when they spotted the Bird Cage.

Heidi: She had her shining moment when she easily made fire for her tribe. She got to tell us that she is used to being under-estimated. She told us she was an electical engineer and that engineer are all about solving problems Just like Survivor. She promised us that there was alot more coming.

Lauren: I had trouble recognizing Lauren who went from having a huge Afro in the beginning to having her hair pulled under her buff by the time she gave her first confessional about the tribal challenge that awaited them on their beach.

She proved even sneakier when it came time to determine which Ratu member would go on the tre. They picked rock and she confided that she placed the grey rock in the bag so she knew its shape and had no problem pulling it out. She wanted to go to nhave something to show at the end. She was there to play Survivor.

Lauren was lucky on her first pick (or maybe not since she had no «lose your vote» message to show her tribe): She got THE BANK YOUR VOTE ADVANTAGE. Form the price of skipping the next vote, she could keep it for a later TC.

Lauren gave the simplest explanation to her tribe: She lost her vote she said. It would have been a good thing excpet for the talk between Matthew and Heidiv during the IC. Matthew immediately lost trust in Lauren because she hadn't shown them her message.

The Technicians - If only one or two characters had shined, we could have put them in the category of Doctor or Nurse but, with this group, it seems the best we had were the Technicians. They know the game and they were in charge of the events just like Technicians are on charge of running the Medical Tests:

Yam Yam: His first confessional contained the episode's Title Quote: «I Can't Wait to See Jeff!» It showed his excitement about the game.

Of note, Yam Yam was the first one Jeff addressed. He told Jeff what he looks for in a winner.

Yam Yam was also the Tika (Purple) Tribe Member chosen to give us the confessional about the bird cage that they found when Helen and Carson were handling the two sphere puzzle. He was the one who got the good laugh thinking about the Ratu (Orange) Tribe that was still dragging coconuts.

Yam Yam discussed his Porto Rican heritage and his resistance to extreme heat and humidity while we saw him making fire very quickly.

Yam Yam confessed that he felt bad for Bruce.

With his description of what it takes to win, Yam Yam gave us the appearance of a juror. Will he make the jury?
Unless he becomes the male equivalent of Maryanne, this guy will only serve for comic relief.

Helen: Her first confessional came when it was time for her tribe to do the «Savvy» Challenge. She knew it wouldn't be easy but she had to step up because she likes brain teasers and puzzles. She looked to Carolyn for her second (does that tell us that Helen is a bad judge of people!) Luckily, Carolyn knew her limitations so it came down to Carson.

During the challenge, we heard Helen's train of thought as she solved it without any apparent hesitations or second guessing.

On day 2 we saw the first Tika allaince between Helen, Carson and Sara. Sara gave us the details: She felt good with them because they were on the same page.

Maybe her story is a little light but I think the viewers who spotted her will have noticed that she is a smart player. This gives her lots of room to develop.

Matt: Matt jumped in on Frannie's train of thought to tell us that the adventure was real.

As soon as Soka reached their beach, Matt had his second confessional: He spoke of his long time desire to play and how it frightened him. He also spoke of coming out of a break-up while the camera kept focusing on Frannie. These two seem destined to go a long way together.

Sure enough, Matt's third confessional was all about the good vibes he got from Frannie.

Having to go on the trek, Matt told us he wasn't happy to leave the tribe so early.

During the early stage of the trek, it was Matt's confessional that was chosen to inform the audience. He talked about the opportunities for those who make it through the darkness. Even after the 3 players split Matt's thoughts were the ones we heard. It was all about risk which can get you from a vulnerable situation to a very strong one.

The first package drawn from the bag cost him a Vote. He risked a second pick and lost a second vote.

Matt showd his tribe that he had lost his vote but then, surprisingly, Josh asked if it was the only one. It definitely caught Matt off guard and his hesitations showed he was lying when he said yes.

Matt had a very strong edit. Sure, his trek had to be shown but we often saw the events through his eyes. That's a greag sign.

Carson: After Carolyn's crash and burn, Carson had the first real confessional. He told us about his casting on the show and what it meant to him. This NASA engineer prepared hard for the show. He was ready to see his hard work pay off.

In confessional, Carson told us he didn't want to be the guy who claims to be good at puzzles. He wanted the tribe to push him in the challenge which is exactly what happened.

During the tribe's shelter building scene, we heard that Carson considered himself a nerd. In confessional he admitted putting on 30 pounds to get stronger.

I think we should accept that his hard work may very well pay off because Carson had a very sympathetic and complete edit. He does seem prepare for everything and he doesn,t stand out as a target sio he could go far.

Sarah: Her first confessional was about Bruce's elimination. It gave their tribe a rude awakening, she said. He was strong and a coach, she added, so they would have to reevaluate how to succeed as a tribe without him.

Sarah picked the short straw so she got on the boat to join Matt and Lauren. Sarah explained the bag twist. On her obligatory first pick, she lost her vote. Getting greedy, she risked a second pick which got her THE INHERITANCE ADVANTAGE It means she can steal all the advantages and idols played at a TC.

Explainig herself to her tribe, Sarah could have simply showed the Lose Your Vote message but she embellished, saying she risked her vote and she didn't know who got the advantage.

The editors did present her as a player We got to know her in a very positive manner. She merits our attention.

Frannie: The research Coordinator sees Survivor as a test and she loves tests. She had a 2nd confessional during the opening segment, telling us that her feet have touched the sand so it felt real to her.

Frannie was also one of Jeff's interview. She explained how quickly the tribal bond formed.

Another important note was that Frannie, despite her 2 previous confessionals, was the Soka chosen to describe the Bird cage sighting even though Heidi and Josh were with her when they stumbled on to it.

We had a fourth confessional from Frannie, confirming that she was having a lot of fun and laughs with Natt. They were both a little awkward, a little nerdy. The two linked up, Frannie describing Matt as someone that made her feel comfortable.

Compared to the injured players, those who stood up for challenges or went on trek, there was nothing to Frannie's story. She could easily have been ignored by the editors but, instead, they gave her plenty of airtime. Why? She looks like a long term player for sure.

So who should be considered as Top Contenders? If the Editors wanted to give sympathetic edit to the futre winner then it has to be one of the so-called Technicians: Helen, Yam Yam, Carson, Sarah, Matt and Frannie. Another worthy of consideration is Matthew. Maybe someone else could emerge but, for now, those are the players I will be watching.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Characters and their Storie... Flowerpower1 03-05-23 1
   RE: The Characters and their Storie... michel2 03-05-23 2
       RE: The Characters and their Storie... Sheldor 03-07-23 3
           RE: The Characters and their Storie... Flowerpower1 03-08-23 4
           RE: The Characters and their Storie... michel2 03-08-23 5
               RE: The Characters and their Storie... sj007 03-09-23 6
 The Characters and their Stories - ... michel2 03-20-23 7
   RE: The Characters and their Storie... Flowerpower1 03-21-23 8
       RE: The Characters and their Storie... michel2 03-22-23 11
 Backstories Sheldor 03-21-23 9
   RE: Backstories michel2 03-22-23 10
   RE: Backstories Sheldor 04-12-23 17
       RE: Backstories Sheldor 05-08-23 18
           RE: Backstories Sheldor 05-11-23 20
               Episode 12 Update Sheldor 05-18-23 23
 Episode 4 michel2 04-01-23 12
   RE: Episode 4 Sheldor 04-03-23 13
       RE: Episode 4 michel2 04-03-23 14
           RE: Episode 4 Sheldor 04-04-23 15
               RE: Episode 4 michel2 04-05-23 16
 At this point in the show.... Flowerpower1 05-10-23 19
   RE: At this point in the show.... PepeLePew13 05-17-23 21
       RE: At this point in the show.... Sheldor 05-18-23 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Flowerpower1 4124 desperate attention whore postings

03-05-23, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
Ahhhh, michel! So happy that you have arrived back at the helm of the editing thread! Love the snarky remarks, Carolyn, drug addict counselor or drug addict, and the astute assessments as always!

Your take is stellar as always! Thank you!

Right off the bat I have to admit after the last 3 seasons my thoughts go to the fact that fairly benign, under the radar, dismissed and over looked, non-player types have won the season. So, this year if I had to guess, with all of the advantages and twists that Survivor seems so set on introducing, they eventually eliminate all of those that play a solid game, those with wit, intelligence, strategy, physical, mental, and social abilities. Gone are the days of having to pull your tribe to the finish line almost single-handedly or that strategic chess matches we've gotten to see in the past.

So, with that in mind, I'm going out on a limb to declare the 2 most likely to get to the end as crazy Carolyn and Yam Yam. Interesting that they are both on the same tribe too. Yam Yam has skills, up beat and positive, and equipped to handle the tropical local, he could be worthy. But, if he proves worthy, then he probably will not win. ugh.

I really liked Carson, the nerdy rocket scientist that had gained 30 pounds. That before picture was shocking! He's a smart guy....could go far but will he win....no, too rational, logical, strategic.

I really liked the girl that reached over tribal lines at the challenge and spoke to Matthew re: the ones that went to ship wheel island. I don't recall if it was Claire or someone else. My kind of player.

Matt and Franny. We all know that Jiffy will be thrilled with the showmance that is inevitable. Matt, geez. Just got out of a relationship and is already ready to jump back in....slow down! I don't know if they get attention because they will be a formidable duo, or just because they like each other. I hope it's the former!

Matthew seemed like a narrator to me. I liked Kane with the snarky comments too. But, he proved to be the one exposed, at least to Brandon. Brandon and Matthew...Brandon can be your shield at least until the game goes individual. Lauren could be in trouble? But, I think Jaime is in more trouble?

Green tribe....We'll see. Love birds, Danny seems like the strong one. I like the girl that ratted out the ship wheel island folks. Would like to see her and Matthew work together later.

The cerebral tribe is Purple, but how will they do with the tough physical challenges? Carolyn definitely the weakest link, but will it matter?

Thank you, Michel!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

03-05-23, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
Thank you, as always FP, for your input.

I'm not 100% sure but I thin k it was Heidi that sat out of the challenge and talked to Matthew about the advantages.

I know that we've had less than stellar winners in the poast but Gabler and Maryanne both had generous edits.

Sheldor 4130 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-23, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-23 AT 07:52 PM (EST)

GREAT Editing Post Michel!
I could have skipped the episode and just read your post!

Matthew sat out for Ratu(Orange) due to his dislocated shoulder
Claire sat out for Soka(Green) and talked with Matthew

Here you can see Frannie and Heidi pulling on their chest in the Immunity Challenge

S41: I debated between Deshawn and Erika for Winner and ended up choosing 2nd Place Deshawn!

S42: I debated between Chanelle and Maryanne for Winner and ended up choosing 11th place Chanelle!

S43: I debated between Owen and Jeanine for Winner and ended up choosing 3rd place Owen.
Gabler wasn't even on my Radar and he ended up winning 7-1-0 vote!

Hmm... Season 41, 42, and 43 winner all won 7-1-0

S44: I debated between Helen and Carson (both on Tika Purple) for Winner and ended up choosing Helen.

03-08-23, 12:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower1 Click to send private message to Flowerpower1 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
S44: I debated between Helen and Carson (both on Tika Purple) for Winner and ended up choosing Helen.

Okay, Sheldor! I'll take Carson

03-08-23, 08:00 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
Thank you for the correction, Sheldor.

It's a little early to choose a winner but helen makes sense.

Please note: Aftrer watching episode 1 I picked Maryanne first in my Survivor draft. Wasn't sure she'd win but she was certainly going far.

sj007 74 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-09-23, 10:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sj007 Click to send private message to sj007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look at How the Players were Edited."
I think you guys do a great job analyzing edits and clips and make predictions that are right a lot of the time. For me I don't do that. I'm lucky if I watch an episode a week later recorded. Show is a far cry from what it used to be. The threats aren't usually the athletic ones who are strong in challenges. The real threats are the ones who have a strong social game and are strategic from the very beginning and can stay UTR. If I was playing and I saw people trying to get out a person who was strong in challenges that would keep you out of early tribal councils, those would be the real threats. They are already thinking about the end and themselves and not caring about the team and staying out of tribal council. Also most of these people have seen every season, so are you that much of a moron to help someone out with a potential advantage when they ask for a bead or whatever? And then they ask for a certain one and that doesn't raise a red flag. I really don't think you have to be that smart to win. Between the people who are just happy to be on the show and the total idiots there are probably 3-4 people who are really smart and strategic to win.

03-20-23, 05:44 PM (EST)
7. "The Characters and their Stories - A Look After Episode 3:"
Kane: After delivering probably the worst rendition of the Canadian Anthem ever, Kane's image wasn't improved by his confessional. It was the official start of Day 6 but, instead of playing Survivor, Kane was playing Dungoeon and Dragons.

Kane should know that there is only one dungeon master in Fiji and that's Probst.

Brandon: He had a confessional to accompanny his fishing expedition. It was a character-building narration but it sounded like he was parotting the words he heard from his coaches over the years like «all things worth doing are going to be very hard» and your growth comes at the edge of your comfort zone.»

I am not sure if it was done as a joke to Brandon but after he came back with one tiny, albeit delicious, fish, we saw a whole school of fishes and a bird who had no problems catching its meal.
Hearing this seems a way to set up Brandon for an unexpected fall.

Claire: Her confessional really only served to tell us that Frannie and Matt were putting a target on their back by always being together.

Editors love irony because, despite the target on two other players, Claire is the one that got the boot.

Yam Yam: We learned that he snores.

Heidi: Her confessional canme when Soka was out looking for the bird cage key.

Knowing that Danny already has it and has rehidden a fake idol makes Heidi look quite foolish. She isn't the first Heidi that were made to look foolish by editing.

Josh: He told us how things changed once Matt told him he had a (fake) idol.

Lauren: She was the one who delivered the reaction to seeing Jaime eating a worm. She saw that as a challenge and she overcame it by eating a worm also.

î]She said that as if thinking it would look good on her Survivor Résumé! It would be funny to have her in the F3 and having only that to show!

Jaime: Told us that worms are delicious and that she loves being outside. She also loved going in the jungle with Matthew. Their trip brought them to the water well where Jaime «found» the (fake) idol.

Matthew: He smartly guided Jaime in the direction of his fake idol, making sure he was there when she found it and thus reinforcing her trust in him. Matthew told us he likes to be sneaky and it worked, for now.

This was also a cool-down episode for Matthew but we still had him in our view and we know he can be sneaky.

Frannie: She was told by Matt about the (fake) idol and that Josh and Danny knew. That part didn't make her happy.

Frannie's main role came during the scramble after losing immunity where she tried to put the target on Josh.

Matt: He was all smiles when he told us he had found the key that would lead him to the fake idol. His heart sank when he was outed by Danny in front of Josh. He had to come clean with Danny.

Danny: He proved to be a schemer, realizing the value of keeping the duo in camp to diminish his own target.

His second confessional showed his displeasure with his tribe's abilities to find fajke idols.

He added a couple of layers of strategy later when he rehid the fake idol at Matt's expense and then when he schemed to get rid of Claire.

Carolyn After showing all her excentricities, Carolyn was given a cool down episode. Contrary to Yam Yam, she got to tell us about her feelings but in a cool rational way, for once.

The paranoia comes with the game so Carolyn's portrayal in the first 2 episodes cannot disqualify her. Like she said, she is «playing Survivor» and so it seems her game has room to grow.

Carson: He had the first confessional of the evening and it still showed him as a strategist, happoy to have pulled a blindside.

We will have to watch for some growth, more depth in this character because he is becoming unidimensional.

Sarah: The vote had put Sarah in a situation where a confessional was required so we heard from her: She wasn't fooled by everyone trying to reassure her that the vote wasn't against her. She pointed the viewer directly at Carson as the mostr dangerous player out there.

Sarah also had a confessional when we had a glimpse of her tribe's good nature. It was good to laugh, she said. She knew that Tika's skill set was limited so she was hoping for a challenge that would suit them.

Had Sarah only recieved airtime for the confessional after returning from TC then that would have been the minimum expected to keep someone in contention. Had she been invisible after being blindsided then we would have serious doubts about her longevity. Instead she received a totally unnecessary confessional about her tribe's situation. This is very promising for her.

Up to now, the editing has been rather consistent creating 7 strong characters in Carson, Danny, Matthew, Matt, Frannie, Carolyn and Sarah. Kane, Yam Yam Josh, Heidi, Lauren and Jaime have only secondary roles.

Of the seven leading roles, I get Cody and Jesse vibes from Danny and Carson: Too much, too soon. Will they fall short like
last season's schemers? Let's see if their characters can grow from here.

Sarah and Carolyn both have solid character development and have to be considered the front runners for now.

03-21-23, 09:50 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look After Episode 3:"
Well done, Michel! Excellent points as always!

I felt sorry for the poor souls that were so eagerly duped...Jaime and Matt. I would love to see either Danny or Matthew go down before the dupees.

Agree with most of these assessments. Kane is not playing too seriously with his Dungeons and Dragons. I thought it was funny how Brandon was laying in the shelter watching him play with the sword....I do think he's at the bottom of the Ratu totem pole but with Brandon and Matthew he may last a bit.

Of the showmance duo, Frannie seems more valued as the most athletic girl in the tribe....fwiw, and will most likely outlast her bf. Whereas Matt has constantly made or gotten bad luck in this game. 2 strikes at ship wheel island and now a fake idol.

No question about it that tribe Tika seems to have the most formidable players for this season with Carolyn, Yam Yam, Carson, and Sarah, and comparatively they seemingly are the weakest tribe?

03-22-23, 05:32 PM (EST)
11. "RE: The Characters and their Stories - A Look After Episode 3:"
Thank you FP and great point about Matt's bad luck. It was easy to see him as a lucky guy for finding Frannnie but, in the game, no such luck.

03-21-23, 01:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sheldor Click to send private message to Sheldor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Backstories"
The first three eliminated did not have a Video Backstory that I could find.

The fourth eliminated Claire did have a short Video Backstory on the boat entrance in Episode 1

18th) Bruce
17th) Maddy
16th) Helen
15th) Claire (Ep1 Backstory)

Attempting to track Video Backstories

Episode 1

• Carson
  • Claire
  • Jaime
  • Matthew
  • Heidi (Text Backstory while making Fire)

Episode 2

• Carolyn
  • Carson (Again!)

Episode 3

• Kane (Text Backstory while Sword Playing)
  • Brandon

Missing Video Backstories

1. Heidi
  2. Kane
  3. Yam Yam
  4. Matt B.
  5. Lauren
  6. Frannie
  7. Danny
  8. Sarah
  9. Josh

03-22-23, 05:31 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Backstories"
Giood Idea, Sheldor. It seems however that most players get a short video montage from home so it will be interesting to see those who receive them out of the blue, in episodes where they aren't in danger. Carson is certainly one to watch.

04-12-23, 04:12 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Backstories"
LAST EDITED ON 04-19-23 AT 06:04 PM (EST)

Update after Episode 6

The fourth eliminated Claire did have a short Video Backstory on the boat entrance in Episode 1

18th) Bruce (No Backstory Video) (Medical Evacuation)
17th) Maddy
(No Backstory Video)
16th) Helen
(No Backstory Video)
15th) Claire (Ep1 Backstory Video)
14th) Sarah
(No Backstory Video)
13th) Matthew (Ep1 Backstory Video) (Quit)
12th) Josh (Ep6 Backstory Video)
11th) Matt B
(No Backstory Video)

Episode 1

• Carson
  • Claire
  • Jaime
  • Matthew

Episode 2

• Carolyn
  • Carson (Again!)

Episode 3

• Brandon

Episode 4 None?

Episode 5 None?

Episode 6

• Danny
  • Josh

Missing Video Backstories

1. Heidi (Text Only)
  2. Kane (Text Only)
  3. Yam Yam
  4. Lauren
  5. Frannie

05-08-23, 02:51 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Backstories"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-23 AT 04:07 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-23 AT 03:58 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-11-23 AT 03:00 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-08-23 AT 05:54 PM (EST)

Update after Episode 10 Episode 11

18th) Bruce
(No Backstory Video) (Medical Evacuation)
17th) Maddy
(No Backstory Video)
16th) Helen
(No Backstory Video)
14th) Sarah
(No Backstory Video)
11th) Matt B
(No Backstory Video)
10th) Brandon (Ep3 Backstory Video)
9th) Kane
(Text Only Backstory)
8th) Frannie
(No Backstory Video)
7th) Danny (Ep6 Backstory Video)

Episode 1

• Carson
  • Claire
  • Jaime
  • Matthew

Episode 2

• Carolyn
  • Carson (Again!)

Episode 3

• Brandon

Episode 4 None?
    Episode 5 None?

Episode 6

• Danny
  • Josh

Episode 7 None?
    Episode 8 None?

Episode 9

• Carolyn (Again!)

Episode 10

• Yam Yam
  • Lauren

Episode 11

• Heidi
  • Plus Another Drone/Helicopter video of Carolyn!

Summary Final 6 Video Backstories

1. Carson (Ep 1,2)
    2. Jaime (Ep 1)
    3. Carolyn (Ep 2,9)
    4. Yam Yam (Ep 10)
    5. Lauren (Ep 10)
    6. Heidi (Ep 11)

Heidi has had plenty of screen time like at the Sanctuary (where Lauren got her Video Backstory) and even found an Idol but still has not received a Video Backstory...

•   Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-11-23, 04:04 PM (EST)
    20. "RE: Backstories"
    FYI: Updated the Previous Post #18 to include Episode 11 (Heidi got her Video Backstory and Danny was Voted Out)

05-18-23, 12:31 PM (EST)
    23. "Episode 12 Update"
    Update after Episode 12

18th) Bruce (No Backstory Video) (Medical Evacuation)
    17th) Maddy
    (No Backstory Video)
    16th) Helen
    (No Backstory Video)
    14th) Sarah
    (No Backstory Video)
    11th) Matt B
    (No Backstory Video)
    10th) Brandon (Ep3 Backstory Video)
    9th) Kane
    (Text Only Backstory)
    8th) Frannie
    (No Backstory Video)
    7th) Danny (Ep6 Backstory Video)
    6th) Jaime (Ep1 Backstory Video)

Summary Final 5 Video Backstories

• Carson (Ep 1,2)
  • Carolyn (Ep 2,9)
  • Yam Yam (Ep 10)
  • Lauren (Ep 10)
  • Heidi (Ep 11)
  •   Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-01-23, 11:08 PM (EST)
    12. "Episode 4"

I was in Vegas for a few days so I don't really have time for an in-depth analysis but these two scenes stood out:

1 - Carson with Kane: Once again we are shown Carson's great gamesmanship. He is a top contender and a win by him would be one of the best all-time for a strategist.

2 - The Journey: It showed Danny's limitations, Brandon's stupidity and Carolyn's marvelous character.

Her Quote: «They better watch out for me at the merge because I will make the merge.»

We already know that the second half of the sentence is true and I am almost certain the first one will also be right: Carolyn outlasts the 2 guys and will have a role in their demise. I also believe it has longer range than simply getting rid of those two guys:

We better watch out for her because I believe Carolyn is our Sole Survivor

04-03-23, 04:03 PM (EST)
    13. "RE: Episode 4"
    Re: "1 - Carson with Kane: Once again we are shown Carson's great gamesmanship. He is a top contender and a win by him would be one of the best all-time for a strategist."

FYI: In Matthew's exit interviews he said that Matthew and Kane hatched a plan to gain Carson's trust. Matthew would befriend him over strategy and Kane would befriend him as both being geeks.

04-03-23, 10:13 PM (EST)
    14. "RE: Episode 4"
    Thanks for the info, Sheldor but that's reality. Maybe it was Kane that tricked carson but the way it was edited, Carson is using Kane.

04-04-23, 02:11 PM (EST)
    15. "RE: Episode 4"
    Quite true about the edit.

I found it interesting that the edit portrays Carson saying he has all this knowledge from Kane and Matthew and that he has all the Power.

Whereas Matthew says he and Kane were deceiving Carson. Makes me wonder why the edit is only from Carson's perspective. Is a blindside coming for Carson or is Carson going to outlast Kane as well as Matthew?

04-05-23, 06:48 PM (EST)
    16. "RE: Episode 4"
    The reason why the editors are enhancing Carson's game is that he'd be the one to outlast Kane.

05-10-23, 08:21 AM (EST)
    19. "At this point in the show...."
    At this point in the show I feel like the story has always been about the three stooges, Yam, Carolyn, and Carson. I wouldn't be surprised if they all make it to the F3.

I feel that the next time Danny doesn't win immunity, he will most likely be toast. I feel that the cross hairs are set on Jaime as well. I think Lauren and Heidi feel like supporting players at best. Heidi's idol could wreck some havoc, so she most likely outlasts Lauren, Jaime, and Danny.

I have to think about who would be most likely to win at the physical end game challenges. Clearly, Carson has the edge with the puzzles. But, Heidi could give him a run for the money. (or Lauren?)

Carson has felt like the brains behind the operation. He's done a lot of social work as well with the other two factions and I feel that he's driven strategically, where as Yam and Carolyn are both driven emotionally. Carson seems to have had the final word regarding directing most of the votes. For me, Carson is my pick for winner. BUT, if the season plays out as the last 3 have, I would have to pick either Yam or Carolyn....the two crazy, emotional players. Yam has been the narrator of the season, it's sounded more like his story, from his point of view. He could be the winner. Carolyn, she is driven by emotions, she's underestimated at every turn, (as was Gabler), and she's a screamer in challenges. She won't win the big physical challenges at the end, she could be chosen as the goat in a final three, so most likely will not partake in a fire challenge.

Thoughts?

PepeLePew13 26121 desperate attention whore postings
    DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-17-23, 11:56 PM (EST)
    Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
    21. "RE: At this point in the show...."
    I would be more than a little surprised if it isn't Carolyn as the winner. She's received quite a bit more attention than the average female contestant making it to the finale and she's had some big gameplay moments. There were also two scenes where she had the Earl-the-king-of-Fiji kind of treatment.

In my mind, it's 90% Carolyn, 9% Yam Yam, 1% Carson.

05-18-23, 12:24 PM (EST)
    22. "RE: At this point in the show...."
    I totally agree PepeLePew13

Note: Seasons 41-43 vote have all been 7-1-0
    Which is 87.5% - 1.25% - 0.0% of the Votes

Pretty close to your 90% Carolyn, 9% Yam Yam, 1% Carson!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
    about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •