The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dance Moms"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-03-12, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dance Moms"
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-12 AT 11:36 PM (EST)

My younger daughter (in 9th grade) is a huge fan of Dance Moms. As a result, I saw some of the first-season episodes and most of the second-season episodes, culminating in tonight's bizarre Season 2 finale. Did anyone else watch it?

From the beginning, there have been two star dancers in the Abby Lee Dance Company based in Pittsburgh: Maddie and Chloe. Abby has always seemed to prefer Maddie, however. Tonight, two things happened: the girls auditioned for a scholarship to the Joffrey Ballet for the summer, and then they competed in a regional championship in NYC.

The climax of the show came after the group's poor performance in the group dance competition, where they only took 10th place despite being national champions. Maddie and Chloe both had solo dance numbers -- but before going out for their solos, Chloe's mom got a call from the Joffrey Ballet telling her that Chloe had won the scholarship. Maddie, who is the solo national champion, put more pressure on herself in the solo number, perhaps as a result of being bypassed, and forgot her solo number, running offstage halfway through it.

During the year, every girl in the company had forgot her program at least once. Abby always shrugged it off and told the girls to go cry on their pillows. But this time, when her favorite messed up, Abby couldn't handle it and started bawling herself. She didn't even go out for awards, and so she didn't see that, despite an ambush campaign run by another dance studio against Chloe, Chloe placed first overall in the solo number. When the mothers of the other kids reacted to Abby's clear favoritism for Maddie, Abby grabbed a taxi and took off -- hopefully forever.

And that's how Season 2 ended, with the taxi driver taking Abby away (straight to the nuthouse?).

There are more episodes already filmed that apparently represent Season 3, so we know everyone doesn't quit after Abby's unprofessional exit. At least . . . not all at once.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Since the finale AyaK 04-04-12 1
   RE: Since the finale AyaK 04-04-12 2
       RE: Since the finale AyaK 04-06-12 3
           RE: Since the finale AyaK 04-06-12 4
               RE: Since the finale qwertypie 04-11-12 5
   RE: Since the finale Agman2 01-12-16 10
 RE: Dance Moms ButterflyGirl17 05-26-12 6
   RE: Dance Moms AyaK 06-06-12 8
 RE: Dance Moms Estee 05-30-12 7
   RE: Dance Moms JessicaRN 06-07-12 9
 RE: Dance Moms kidflash212 07-10-16 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

04-04-12, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Since the finale"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-12 AT 10:26 AM (EST)

There are annual dance competitions held in Pittsburgh. One of them is the West Coast Dance Explosion, March 16-18. So how did Abby Lee's studio do?

Well, first off, here's a surprise: Kendall Vertes, who we last saw competing for the Candy Apples in a steal of Chloe's routine, is back at Abby Lee. Apparently Jill Vertes got tired of Cathy the same way that the rest of us have.

It also appears that Maddie and Chloe are now in different age groups, although they may still be dancing together. And Payton Ackerman, whom we've seen briefly, is now a teen. But they're all good.

http://westcoastdanceexplosion.com/new_winnersshow.asp?id=86

Winners from Abby Lee include:

MINI OVERALL HIGH SCORE DUO/TRIO, INSIDE OF ME, Abby Lee Dance Company
JUNIOR OVERALL HIGH SCORE SMALL GROUP, BORN TO DANCE, Abby Lee Dance Company
TEEN OVERALL HIGH SCORE DUO/TRIO, I DON'T FEEL IT ANYMORE, Abby Lee Dance Company
SENIOR OVERALL HIGH SCORE DUO/TRIO, STOP, Abby Lee Dance Company
SENIOR OVERALL HIGH SCORE LARGE GROUP, JOURNEY TO THE ALTER, Abby Lee Dance Company

JUNIOR SINGLE CONVENTION SCHOLARSHIP
PAIGE HYLAND, Abby Lee Dance Company

SENIOR NATIONAL FINALS SCHOLARSHIP
ELIZABETH ROHM, Abby Lee Dance Company

ELITE DANCERS:

MINI DIVISION
MADDIE ZIEGLER, Abby Lee Dance Company
KENDALL VERTES, Abby Lee Dance Company

JUNIOR DIVISION
CHLOE LUKASIAK, Abby Lee Dance Company

TEEN DIVISION
NICK DOBBS, Abby Lee Dance Company
PAYTON ACKERMAN, Abby Lee Dance Company

SENIOR DIVISION
JOHN FIUMARA, Abby Lee Dance Company

So Abby Lee's studio won something at every level, and (from the show) Paige, Maddie, Kendall, Chloe and Payton were all singled out for individual recognition, as well as three dancers not from the show (Elizabeth Rohm, Nick Dobbs and John Fiumara).

To me, this presents the Abby Lee studio in a different, more successful light than high drama of the TV show.

Edited to add: INSIDE OF ME is a duet for Maddie and Chloe, which they did on the show. I DON'T FEEL IT ANYMORE is a duet for Nick Dobbs and Auriel Welty.

ANd here's the web page for the Paramus, NJ Starbound competition seen in the finale, which just took place on Feb. 11-12, 2012. Kendall must have come back immediately thereafter.

http://www.starbound.net/StarboundAdmin/UploadImages/ContentMgmImages/Paramus%20Winners%202012.pdf

Top 10 Junior Soloists
1st Place, #891 "Red Queen", Chloe Lukasiak, Abby Lee Dance Company
7th Place, #871 "Queen Of Hearts", Kendall Vertes, Candy Apples Dance

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-04-12, 01:01 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Since the finale"
LAST EDITED ON 04-04-12 AT 01:02 PM (EST)

The Energy National Dance competition featured in Season 2, Episode 12 took place the weekend before the Paramus Starbound competition:

Feb. 4-5, Energy (Highland, MI)
Feb. 11-12, Starbound (Paramus, NJ)

By the way, Chloe finished 5th in the solo despite forgetting part of her routine. FWIW, Kimmy Kopke of Stars Dance Studio, Miami (Dance Moms: Miami) also competed and finished 4th, just ahead of Chloe. And the other trio (Nia, Paige, Mackenzie) got a special "bundle of energy" award or something like that.

04-06-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Since the finale"
More misleading info. Guess why Abby wanted to get back so badly? Here senior dancers were performing at a separate competition in Pittsburgh the same weekend (which they dominated).

http://www.nycdance.com/Regional_Conventions/Cities/Pittsburgh_PA.aspx

04-06-12, 08:22 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Since the finale"
Here's a competition from two weeks after the NJ trip (Feb. 24-26, 2012), and look who's back at ALDC already:

http://jumptour.com/results.php?id=80

Mini Female JUMP VIP
Winner Chloe Lukasiak Abby Lee Dance Company
Winner Maddie Ziegler Abby Lee Dance Company
(Chloe and Maddie were two of the five winners)

Runner-Up Nia Frazier Abby Lee Dance Company
Runner-Up Kendall Vertes Abby Lee Dance Company

qwertypie 9776 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-12, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail qwertypie Click to send private message to qwertypie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Since the finale"
Sounds so 'dramatical' (as my daughter would put it). DD was in dance for awhile but we quit because even though she loved dance, she did not have the dedication, passion and talent to make it a life-long career. She is of the age where a lot of school would have to be missed for the competitions (which would also mean pulling her brother and sister out of school as well). I also kind of got blacklisted at the studio for causing a revolt among the parents.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Since the finale"
OMG, It's still around!

ButterflyGirl17 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-26-12, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ButterflyGirl17 Click to send private message to ButterflyGirl17 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dance Moms"
This show is really fake which is sad. Kendall left Abby's for about a month; seriously want type of present switches place of instruction that much and needed up back where going back. Which makes me think she may wad going both places at the same time. Her sister was at Abby's before Kendal which why would the studio be fine for one child and not the other. What parent would be that for a show? I like the point of the show, because you know somewhere that is what is happening, but to be apart of a show where you an your kids have to act all of your life out to make it seem this crazy it's not wroth it. The girls are skipping the Disney channel and nick and going to USA or Cbs.

06-06-12, 02:55 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Dance Moms"
I noticed the listing for Kendall's older sister (who didn't move to "Candy Apples") when I was looking at the records.

The funny thing about this show is that the competitions are real . . . but, now that I've been reading through there results, the parent interactions seem totally fake. For that matter, a lot of what Abby says seems totally fake. I mean COMPLETELY fake, along the lines of The Simple Life, Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie's scripted "reality" show.

I'm not sure why they want to fake the adult interactions on the show, when what these kids do really isn't easy, and there is real pressure on them in their competitions. Quite honestly, I don't think my kids have faced in their entire lives the kind of pressure that Maddie and Chloe constantly face (because they're both so good and everyone always expects them to excel).

ALthough Columbus (the home of Candy Apples) and Pittsburgh are only a couple of hours apart, why would you want to do all that with the apparently made-for-TV studio change when you have a real life? (Perhaps Jill doesn't have a real life.)

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-12, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dance Moms"
Abby is on our ad banner right now.

To look at her expression is to consider the inherent joy of an assault charge.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-07-12, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Dance Moms"
I watched a few episodes of Dance Moms Miami. The kids didn't seem quite at the same level as Abby's students. The owner/choreo of the studio were a lot nicer to the kids, which was nice to see. The moms were even crazier, which made it seem like they just set out to be that way, once the cameras showed up.

kidflash212 4688 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Dance Moms"
I think she is going to prison.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •