The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-22-11, 06:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Please keep all details of who our Final Four will be representing the four Coaches next week here until 11pm.

Now, for those of us in the East/Central time zones, the first portion of the show will be pre-empted because of a President Obama speech... so if we miss something, can those on the West Coast (or catch the whole show later on the net) tell us?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... Tummy 06-22-11 1
   RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... cahaya 06-22-11 3
       RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... Estee 06-22-11 5
           RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... vince3 06-22-11 6
               RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... Estee 06-22-11 9
                   RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... vince3 06-22-11 14
                       RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... cahaya 06-22-11 16
                           RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... vince3 06-22-11 18
                               RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... cahaya 06-22-11 20
                   RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... cahaya 06-22-11 15
               RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... cahaya 06-22-11 10
       RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Resul... DearAbby 06-22-11 7
 Speech Over vince3 06-22-11 2
   RE: Speech Over Estee 06-22-11 4
 Put your head on my shoulder... Estee 06-22-11 8
 Team Cee Lo: Results vince3 06-22-11 11
   RE: Team Cee Lo: Results cahaya 06-22-11 12
   Honesty is such a lovely word. Estee 06-22-11 13
       RE: Honesty is such a lovely word. cahaya 06-22-11 19
 Cee Lo Green vince3 06-22-11 17
 Team Cee Lo: Results vince3 06-22-11 21
   RE: Team Cee Lo: Results cahaya 06-22-11 23
   Team Adam: Results vince3 06-22-11 24
       RE: Team Adam: Results cahaya 06-22-11 27
 More honesty. Estee 06-22-11 22
   RE: More honesty. cahaya 06-22-11 25
 Team Blake: Results vince3 06-22-11 26
   RE: Team Blake: Results vince3 06-22-11 28
       RE: Team Blake: Results cahaya 06-22-11 29
 Team Christina: Results vince3 06-22-11 30
   RE: Team Christina: Results vince3 06-22-11 33
       RE: Team Christina: Results cahaya 06-22-11 34
       RE: Team Christina: Results Estee 06-22-11 35
           RE: Team Christina: Results cahaya 06-22-11 37
 With all coaches in... Estee 06-22-11 31
   RE: With all coaches in... cahaya 06-22-11 32
       RE: With all coaches in... vince3 06-22-11 38
 Next Week's Format vince3 06-22-11 36
   RE: Next Week's Format cahaya 06-22-11 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-22-11, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tummy Click to send private message to Tummy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
I wish this was the beginning of only one going home. I don't want to lose 4!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-11, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Yeah, it's pretty brutal, keep chopping in half from 32 to 16 to 8 to 4 in just four weeks. Not sure if they'll only eliminate one next week, or (more likely) two.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-11, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
And I wouldn't be surprised if next week was the finale.

In part, I don't mind the rapid pace -- but the shortened duration may mean contestants fade from the public eye faster than usual. And that may include the winner.

06-22-11, 08:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
I believe next week is the Finale... and it'll make room for more of America's Got Talent.

06-22-11, 08:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
I'll leave the *twitch* to Snidget. There's very little which could make me watch it, and Piers repels me from most of that category. Once this series ends, NBC loses my viewership for those timeslots.

The drop-off numbers in two weeks will be interesting.

06-22-11, 08:38 PM (EST)
14. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Dunno about the next two weeks, but after that it's Hamster Season...

06-22-11, 08:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
But they're on Thursdays if I recall correctly, starting July 7.

06-22-11, 08:42 PM (EST)
18. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Big Brother starts on July 7th, but they air 3 times a week: Sunday (vulnerable to golf/other sports), Wednesday, and Thursday.

06-22-11, 08:47 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Whoah... *updates calendar*.

06-22-11, 08:38 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
NBC with an AGT repeat at 8:00 on Tuesday, July 5? Are they that scared of Fox's MasterChef?

06-22-11, 08:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
Yup, that's what's on TV Guide. Finals next week, and no show the week following.

Agree with Estee the screen time is rather short-lived. And there's no "tour" or anything else to follow to keep them in the news either. Given the success of this season, they might want to stretch next season by at least an episode or two towards the end. I would have preferred a 4-2-1 format rather than this 4-1 format which seems a bit too abrupt. There's not much time to really identify with anyone for very long.

DearAbby 2959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-22-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DearAbby Click to send private message to DearAbby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Voice S1: Live Semis Results ECST"
I don't like losing half each week, either. But next Tuesday, according to my Dish Network guide, "The winner is revealed ... Season Finale."

06-22-11, 08:18 PM (EST)
2. "Speech Over"
15 minute delay...

Turns out that all 8 performances last night are in iTunes' Top 100... and Maroon 5/Xtina's Moves Like Jagger's #2 on the charts

Group Sing: Freedom (George Michael)

06-22-11, 08:20 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Speech Over"
Y'know, life with Nakia as your partner must have a certain amount of built-in happy lunacy.

06-22-11, 08:25 PM (EST)
8. "Put your head on my shoulder..."
Awww...

06-22-11, 08:34 PM (EST)
11. "Team Cee Lo: Results"
To fill some time up, we will apparently get some thoughts from the contestants before we talk to their coach.

Cee Lo's scores is: Nakia 51-49... but apparently America's portion is the decider... He chose Nakia because at the time, he couldn't quite hear Vicci's performance as well over the drums....

With America's scores factored in it's: Vicci! 124-76!

06-22-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Team Cee Lo: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-11 AT 08:41 PM (EST)

First, thumbs up for actually showing us the votes! So, the judges are kept honest and we see for ourselves how we voted. That was 73-27 in favor of Vicci on the votes, a virtual landslide.

ed. math (it must have been the whining I heard from somewhere that caused my initial subtraction error!).

06-22-11, 08:36 PM (EST)
13. "Honesty is such a lovely word."
They may not be revealing exact vote totals -- but giving the percentages makes them more honest than Idol's ever dreamed of being. Thanks for the semi-count: at least we have a number to break down.

06-22-11, 08:46 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Honesty is such a lovely word."
LAST EDITED ON 06-23-11 AT 02:03 PM (EST)

I'm not sure J-Lo can add to 100. Tyler would give them both 100's, leaving Randy without any points to give out.

And you can be sure that if Simon was still around, he'd be assigning negative points.

06-22-11, 08:40 PM (EST)
17. "Cee Lo Green"
Brights Lights, Bigger City

The appearance is more Big Band days as there are flappers on stage as well as bubbles and orchestra on stage... Joining the flappers are now four guys in Zoot Suits. Cee Lo himself has a slicked wig and an all-white tux, and also originally had a conductor's baton at the beginning...

06-22-11, 08:49 PM (EST)
21. "Team Cee Lo: Results"
LAST EDITED ON 06-22-11 AT 08:49 PM (EST)

ETA: That should be Team Adam's Results... *sigh*

As the then four of Team Adam was preparing for the performance show, they got to see Adam team up with Gym Class Heroes in the rehearsal studios...

Adam's scores are: 65-35 for Javier! He scored it to try to guarantee Javier's advancement to the Finale, since this might be his last chance vs. Casey being only 18 and have a whole career ahead of her...

America's scores after the break.

06-22-11, 08:52 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Team Cee Lo: Results"
Adam I-didnt-know-that-was-a-Lambert-song tips the scales in a major way, virtually guaranteeing Javier's advancement. It's a done deal and it probably won't look any more pleasant after the vote percentages are revealed. Saving Casey (over Jeff) and then throwing her under the bus isn't going to endear him to some fans.

06-22-11, 08:53 PM (EST)
24. "Team Adam: Results"
Adding America's scores, advancing is Javier, 138-62... so Adam's heavy favoritism wasn't really needed...

06-22-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Team Adam: Results"
Yeah, if anything, he almost perfectly predicted the vote.

06-22-11, 08:50 PM (EST)
22. "More honesty."
Adam: "You know something? I svck."

06-22-11, 08:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: More honesty."
{slight tweak to Adam Lambert's tweet last night}

@adamlambert
Adam Lambert Yeah Adam! Daaaang boy!! Great job. I think Casey might know who you are after this show. Get ready for her Levine. Hahah

06-22-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
26. "Team Blake: Results"
He took Dia and Xenia out to a show in Cincinnati where they met Brad Paisley... and they sang that Honeybee song there, too...

Blake's scores are: a 50-50 tie! Blake decided to not lean one way or the other, and let America to decide...

America's scores will be after the break.

06-22-11, 09:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Team Blake: Results"
With America's scores, the score totals are: 106-94 for Dia!

So far, the ones that won the Viewer's Save from each team have won the right to also sing for their Coach in the Finals...

06-22-11, 09:05 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Team Blake: Results"
Closest result of the night, and for good reason. Blake had a good pair up there.

06-22-11, 09:09 PM (EST)
30. "Team Christina: Results"
Christina's scores are: again 50-50! She didn't want to show favoritism either, so she also decided to let America decide...

Adam was the only one to try to guarantee one to advance over the other, and even then it didn't really matter...

06-22-11, 09:13 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Team Christina: Results"
With America's scores added in advancing is: Beverly! 107-93!

Winners of the Viewer's Save from the Quaterfinals go 4-4!

06-22-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Team Christina: Results"
Another fairly close result and again for good reason.

All told, America's choices rule tonight.

06-22-11, 09:14 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Team Christina: Results"
And there are days when I love this country.

06-22-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Team Christina: Results"
That's quoteworthy!

And there are days when I love this country. Estee, 6/22/2011

06-22-11, 09:10 PM (EST)
31. "With all coaches in..."
Adan's ultimate problem may be his admission that he was playing the game. From a certain perspective, the other three decided to give the choice to the voters: in another, Adam's the only one who didn't retreat in fear from making another judgment.

06-22-11, 09:12 PM (EST)
32. "RE: With all coaches in..."
Yeah, the game is the get your best vote-getter into the next round. But then, thinking about it, that's what the other judges did.

06-22-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
38. "RE: With all coaches in..."
Yeah, who knows what could've been if the Coach's picked one of the other two members of their team instead of the one that performed last night?

06-22-11, 09:16 PM (EST)
36. "Next Week's Format"
Solo and duets with their respective Coaches will be how they'll sing, then it'll be America alone voting for the winner. I think I heard that the Solo will be original songs?

Winner gets $100k and a recording contract with Universal's record label.

06-22-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Next Week's Format"
Now, that is an interesting format. One solo, one with the coach. Interesting how the coaches stakes have risen as the season goes along. I also see now why it's a 4-contestant Final.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •