The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Sing-Off: Season #2."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-06-10, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Sing-Off: Season #2."
NBC: Reports Of Our Cheapness Have Been Understated.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2. Loree 12-07-10 1
   RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2. Estee 12-07-10 2
 RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2. Sagebrush Dan 12-08-10 3
   RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2. JessicaRN 12-08-10 4
 Second show Sagebrush Dan 12-09-10 5
   RE: Second show Estee 12-09-10 6
   RE: Second show Loree 12-10-10 7
       RE: Second show JessicaRN 12-12-10 8
 Finale udg 12-20-10 9
   RE: Finale Loree 12-21-10 10
       RE: Finale agman 12-12-11 16
   RE: Finale blacknwhitedog 12-21-10 11
       RE: Finale Loree 12-22-10 12
           RE: Finale JessicaRN 12-22-10 13
 TSO: Season 3 susang 10-24-11 14
   RE: TSO: Season 3 JessicaRN 10-26-11 15
       RE: TSO: Season 3 agman 12-12-11 17
   Holiday special udg 12-20-11 18
 RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2. kidflash212 07-10-16 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

12-07-10, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2."
I watched this. They seem to have more talented groups this season than last. Although seeing Nicole as a judge annoys me more now after DWTS.

I think the judges got rid of Pitch Slapped before the viewers could vote. They were one of the more attractive groups and fans might have voted for their looks rather than their singing talent.

Groove for Thought kind of bored me. I am not a big jazz fan and they were not that interesting to watch. I could have listened from the other room. I like the more visible groups that entertain me.

In the second bunch of 5 it was easy to figure which group was going home. The judges did not say as many nice things about them while they seemed to be overly crazy about the other 4 groups. And the looks on the faces of a couple of the young men told the story that they knew they were going home.

Too bad they didn't find at least one all-female group. There are several all male groups and then they sent home one of the groups that did have females in it.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-07-10, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2."
I might have voted for Pitch Slapped just because of the name. And of course they dumped the Jerseyans first. It's a rule: no positive examples from the state until all the Shore people are forgotten.

Which may take a while. Stoopid Snooki.

Although seeing Nicole as a judge annoys me more now after DWTS.

But she'll be so good at failing to ID the ringer...

Sagebrush Dan 9983 desperate attention whore postings

12-08-10, 07:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2."
I was glad to see U of Oregon well represented, but when the Whiffenpoofs took the stage.....dayum!!!

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-08-10, 10:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2."
I have to admit that I like this show, especially for this time of the year. I enjoy the two male judges, especially Ben Folds, who I had to look up last year.

I really enjoy listening to voices that blend and I do have a bias towards male voices, because female voices can get kind of "tinny" sometime.

There was a lot of diversity among the groups.

Sagebrush Dan 9983 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-10, 02:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Sagebrush%20Dan Click to send private message to Sagebrush%20Dan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Second show"
I was loving the Whiffenpoofs before, but IMHO they were the weakest of the second group.....BUT.....had they judged all 8 choirs together, they'd still be there. Much better than the U of O group as well as a couple others. Unfair to judge the groups the way they do.

12-09-10, 09:08 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Second show"
I've been keeping it simple. Tune in for the group number, enjoy, then change the channel. Everything's sweeter without judges involved. And more melodic.

(I'd still pay for the Season #1 rendition of Under Pressure.)

12-10-10, 01:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Second show"
It sounds like the W'poofs were booted out in part because of their attitude. I read Ben's blog and he mentioned that they seemed to look down their noses at the songs they were singing.

I think the Backbeats survived because they didn't want to send anymore women home yet. And I do agree the grouping has been unfair to some groups. They should be all judged against each other.

12-12-10, 01:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Second show"
I know that the W'poofs are iconic and their style doesn't appeal to me, but I thought they came across with a cocky attitude. Maybe getting into an elite group at an elite school makes you very "self-confident".

I'm loving Ben and Shawn. Didn't realize that he was blogging, so I definitely want to go read it.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-20-10, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Finale"
Who's watching?

Is it just me or were the Back Beats and Sara Bareilles having some major issues in their song? It was almost like they were singing in two (or three) different keys.

I fast forwarded through the Cheryl Crow thing.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

12-21-10, 10:17 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Finale"
I felt the finale was the weakest episode of the season. I didn't care for the Sheryl Crow song either.

I think the right 2 groups were the F2. I would have preferred SCS winning. But Committed probably needed the win more. I think SCS got the exposure they needed and will be fine.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-11, 05:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Finale"
I completely agree!

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-10, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Finale"
I really like this show- I think both final 2 groups were really good

Syren 2007

12-22-10, 00:23 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Finale"
Committed peaked early. Then I found them boring after awhile. Everything they did sounded the same and I didn't get the feeling they were as excited after awhile.

Street Corner Symphony continued to get better and I liked all their performances.

I am still trying to understand why Sheryl Crow was playing her guitar. It seemed to defeat the purpose of the show.

And I hope the 2 females from the Backbeats don't return next season with another group. Two seasons in a row should be enough for them.

12-22-10, 02:52 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Finale"
I recorded this and the finale did kind of a weird thing where it repeated a couple of performances, but it might have just been my box.

I enjoyed this show, especially during this time of the year. I could put it on and do other things, but still enjoy it. I actually learned a lot from Ben.

I also think the SCS will probably do better than Committed, although I have never heard anything through the year about the guys from last year, except when they were on this year.

Nick Lachey is likable, but he is kind of a stereo type of a host. I forget that he was not of DWTS, which has really jump-started a lot of careers.

susang 435 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-24-11, 01:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "TSO: Season 3"
I haven't been watching Season 3 on a regular basis. Season 2 was better.

10-26-11, 12:30 PM (EST)
15. "RE: TSO: Season 3"
I enjoyed it when it was a shorter, more original show. Now it started with too many groups and the groups seem more "showy" than they originally were. Once again, two hours of accapella (sp?) music is too long.

I do like the judges though. They give very thoughtful critiques and don't yell over each other.

agman 11166 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-11, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: TSO: Season 3"
It seems like every singing show dies when groups are pulled in.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-20-11, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Holiday special"
I didn't watch S3 at all, except for the holiday special, which I enjoyed. I missed the first 20 min or so, but I absolutely loved their version of Mr. Grinch! I watched it 3 times before deleting the recording. There was a second song that I rewound and watched twice, but I can't remember what it was.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

kidflash212 4665 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: The Sing-Off: Season #2."
Who won?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •