The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-26-09, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "

Okay, so I watch Tabatha's Salon Takeover. Don't even ask why. It's on at the right place at the right time is all I can say. The thing is I watched last week and wonder how these shows can call themselves "reality?" Don't they have to be scripted. I could be wrong, but this is what I think I saw. And I did watch it twice just to make sure I wasn't loopy from staying up too late. Basically, the show is about Tabatha going to a salon that's not making money, Tabatha figuring out why it's not, correcting the situation, doing a salon makeover, and then coming back in a couple of months to check on the place.

Okay, so last week's show opened and the owner was acting like a jerk. The salon was called Bang and it was painted pink on the outside. You walked inside and there were white walls, blue walls a green wall and something else I can't remember. The blue was distinctive as was the green wall and pink exterior.

Tabatha talks to the staff who are ready to leave and find new jobs. She then talks to the owner and settles him down. Then the salon makeover comes. She has the place painted this yellow (out in front and inside). Some walls were left white, but the pink outside is now yellow ... as are the blue and green walls. Okay ...

So dig this ... she comes back t-w-o months later and talks to the staff. They tell her how he's changed and calmed down and everything is wonderful and that the salon is making money hand-over-foot. The only problem is when she comes back and does the interviews, the walls are the old blue and green and not yellow. And when she leaves? The exterior of the salon is painted pink.

Now how could she have done these interviews two months later when the place hadn't been renovated when she did the interviews? And if she did the interviews before the salon was renovated, how did they know that the owner was going to behave himself and that the salon was going to make money and that they were going to be happy two months from now?

Something went amiss. Big time.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... kidflash212 11-28-09 1
 RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... udg 11-29-09 2
   RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... JessicaRN 11-29-09 3
   RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... DrKegel 12-04-09 4
       RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... heronlyescape 01-23-11 5
 RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... Agman2 03-04-16 6
   RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How ... kidflash212 07-10-16 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kidflash212 4833 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-28-09, 10:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
Good catch - haven't seen the episode yet but maybe I'll catch it in one of the 68 reruns Bravo always does.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-29-09, 01:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
They repainted. She asked them about it when she came back.

There's a lot of fake on these shows, but the paint color wasn't.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-29-09, 01:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
For some reason, I like this show also. It is one of those that I record and when there is nothing else on or I'm doing something else and just want some noise in the background, I'll put this on. There are so many people running businesses that really shouldn't be and there are so many bad employees that should be fired. And of course in the salon business, many are just a bit more flamboyant, which makes for good TV.

DrKegel 430 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

12-04-09, 01:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DrKegel Click to send private message to DrKegel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
>They repainted. She asked them about
>it when she came back.
>
>
>There's a lot of fake on
>these shows, but the paint
>color wasn't.
>
>
>Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop
>Shop 2004

>

Nope! That wasn't it. It was just to cover up the fact that the show is fake because:

1. When she came back (two months later) and went into the shop, the outside was yellow. When she left, the outside was that flamingo pink.

2. When she walked into the lobby the salon (two months later), it had the "repainted" colors. In other words, it was yellow.

3. The owner of Bang had a shirt and one outfit on went she went in - when she interviewed him, he had changed into an outfit he wore when she was there two months earlier. And his hair was different when she walked in. In the interview? It was the same way he had it two months ago.

All this adds up to the fact that they were too lazy to reshoot the sloppy work. They forgot about the new paint when they conducted the "scripted" remarks with the employees and boss. They sought to cover everything up with this ridiculous repainting remark. Who the heck remembers the exact color paint? And even if you repainted it, it would be fresh paint, not dirty old paint that looked like it had been on the walls for several years.

Even during the show, she was supposed to be so outraged over his behavior, that two days after he had not only insulted her and her entire profession (according to her), she was giggling and laughing with him and had all she could do to get out her scripted remarks without bursting into more uncontrollable laughter.

The giggling was the only thing that was real about that episode ... and I suspect all the other ones.

They should hire a better actress for these sorts of shows. She's wearing thin.

heronlyescape 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-23-11, 08:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail heronlyescape Click to send private message to heronlyescape Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
Wait a minute. The first thing she saw when she walked up two months later was that it was repainted pink. and she walked in and they had repainted the inside.

and i watched it over and it has the same black t shirt with the design on it and with the same hairstyle.

what are you talking about???

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-04-16, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
Not real at all!

kidflash212 4833 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Tabatha's Salon Takeover - How real are any of these shows? "
How disappointing

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •