The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tool Academy: Season #2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-31-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tool Academy: Season #2"
Voted 'Show Most Likely To Produce The Next Murder.'

Most of the men qualify for two-way vetting. As in 'neuter 'em.'

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tool Academy: Season #2 Snidget 08-31-09 1
   RE: Tool Academy: Season #2 Estee 08-31-09 2
 RE: Tool Academy: Season #2 toddE 08-31-09 3
   Hosts gone wild! Estee 08-31-09 4
       RE: Hosts gone wild! Snidget 08-31-09 5
   RE: Tool Academy: Season #2 arkiegrl 09-01-09 6
 Episode #2. Estee 09-08-09 7
 What rules? Estee 09-27-09 8
   RE: What rules? Snidget 09-27-09 9
       RE: What rules? Estee 09-27-09 10
           RE: What rules? toddE 09-28-09 11
               RE: What rules? Snidget 09-29-09 12
 RE: Tool Academy: Season #2 kidflash212 07-10-16 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-09, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tool Academy: Season #2"
At least it isn't produced by 51 minds so maybe there is some hope someone checked to see if there are any convictions in their past.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-31-09, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tool Academy: Season #2"
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-09 AT 02:31 PM (EST)

But it's still VH1, so there isn't much... and remember: the show deliberately casts for hyper-testosterone no-empathy, 'What do you mean, she has needs?' jerks. That's the point of the show: try to turn one grunt storm into something the parents won't shoot on sight. The other eleven...

It's a cast of twelve (or realistically, twenty-four) this time around, so expect a very crowded group therapy room for Ms. Voiceover's homilies. (With a little luck, most of the group will understand English -- as long as every word said is what they wanted to hear.)

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-31-09, 05:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tool Academy: Season #2"
Estee! You had to know I'd be watching this junk. And it was a bit entertaining, but I have a couple issues:

1. Those guys HAD to know they were going to be on Tool Academy, although the cover was a lot better. Strong Island even recogninzed the host, called him "Jordan." So I expect a lot of fake-ness.

2. The early episodes eliminate to get rid of the non-drama, I think. Call it Hell's Kitchen syndrome, but I don't think the guy last night was the biggest Tool. Although he did try to make up for it by refusing to leave.

3. The psychologist is really random and ridiculous. I guess I don't like this show and Charm School quite as much as others because they have these airs of pretension.

Finally...why all the hate on 51 Minds? It isn't like Ryan did anything while on their shows. It's like blaming a school because one of their graduates committed a crime after graduating. I don't get it.

ps: This show's Ryan seems pretty ambiguous...but apparently gets a lot of chicas. Hmmm.

08-31-09, 08:05 PM (EST)
4. "Hosts gone wild!"
1. Those guys HAD to know they were going to be on Tool Academy, although the cover was a lot better. Strong Island even recogninzed the host, called him "Jordan." So I expect a lot of fake-ness.

That confessional was filmed after the Big Reveal (pat. being worked on), but it did seem as if that tool might have watched Season #1. So there's a chance one or two contestants might have had some idea what they were getting into -- but I suspect the majority really thought they were there for the Great International Her Tour: cheating 'round the world.

2. The early episodes eliminate to get rid of the non-drama, I think. Call it Hell's Kitchen syndrome, but I don't think the guy last night was the biggest Tool. Although he did try to make up for it by refusing to leave.

Have we ever seen a breakdown like that before? (And I mean the host.) I thought there was a chance John would have thrown something/someone if he went out, and I also believed he deserved his Bottom Three placement: potential abuser, jerk qualities established, interfered with a challenge (and the producers should have let the wounded team reset). But Josh was evicted, refused to follow through -- and then Jordan lost his temper, mind, and most of his vocabulary, in that order. So much for the host having the skills to ride herd on the pack and keep control of the show.

Nice to see security on the premises, though. Big, angry security.

Josh... well, we saw it: he can never be wrong. Anyone who thinks something negative of him must be explained away or ignored. He won't change because to him, the rest of the universe is what needs fixing: it must be made to revolve around him. He just had a particularly ugly, immature way of showing it. The least likely to change was removed first -- possibly by accident -- but it meant the right person left.

3. The psychologist is really random and ridiculous. I guess I don't like this show and Charm School quite as much as others because they have these airs of pretension.

The main thing that bothers me about her is that she can be speaking directly to the camera and it still feels like her voice is a post-production loop.

Finally...why all the hate on 51 Minds? It isn't like Ryan did anything while on their shows. It's like blaming a school because one of their graduates committed a crime after graduating. I don't get it.

Because whether you believe their story or not, they and/or their investigation arm have all the vetting skills of the Republican National Committee. Those prior domestic battery charges were on the record: any reasonably complete look into MWAM Ryan's past would have located them. So either no one looked -- or someone did and cast him anyway because a potential abuser would make good television.

Pick one.

08-31-09, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Hosts gone wild!"
Why the hate?

What Estee said.

I'm guessing the fact he hadn't been convicted in the USA was good enough even though they should have realized he was a Canadian citizen and run the background check there.

Even if Ryan hadn't offed someone before his shows finished airing (what he couldn't wait a few months) I'd be seriously upset about their vetting process.

I know they are going for dramatic people, but at least make a nominal attempt to screen out the violent. You would think after Wanda got violent and thrown off a show for it and later turned up to be on the run from the cops they would have started doing a bit more background checking, not even less. At least she gave 51 minds a fake name to throw them off her scent.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-09, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Tool Academy: Season #2"
ps: This show's Ryan seems pretty ambiguous...but apparently gets a lot of chicas. Hmmm.

It's still too early for me to match names with faces, so I'm not sure which one is Ryan, but none of those guys really seemed like they're hot enough to get lots of chicas.

09-08-09, 08:54 AM (EST)
7. "Episode #2."
And he wonders why people think he's a tool. 'She does all the work, I get all the pleasure, and when that doesn't work out, I'll do the work of ending the relationship and then go find more pleasure.' It had to be all about him in the end. Sure, there are definitely cases where dragging your SO onto TV would be a cut-loose penalty offense -- you put me in which hamster cage? -- but he would rather commit couples suicide than admit to having a problem. And did.

Admitting to problems was about half the theme this week, with the rest being 'How sorry do you really think they are?' In the first season, this was the time when some of the men realized there was money involved and began the laborious process of faking sincerity for cash, thus perfectly setting up future careers as politicians. Some of them seemed to genuinely feel like crap after their adultery admissions. Others realized they, personally, were crap. (Andre seemed to have the most intense 'I am a walking screw-up' moment.) And a few? Were checking out the camera crew between sobs to see if anyone there was worth hooking up with.

We still have to find out who's fixable. It's becoming easier to see who should just be -- fixed.

That challenge can't be forgotten soon enough.

09-27-09, 12:05 PM (EST)
8. "What rules?"
I'd say we're now firmly on track for Ryan #2. We even have a prime suspect in the lineup.

If this gets any uglier...

09-27-09, 01:04 PM (EST)
9. "RE: What rules?"
Uh Oh, what now?

I may refuse to watch, but when the news breaks I'd like to know who our likely suspect is.

09-27-09, 02:08 PM (EST)
10. "RE: What rules?"
I can't give out details just yet -- until the late airing goes out, we're sort of in spoiler time. For now, let's just say that seagull chasing isn't a skill that crosses over in a hurry.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-28-09, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: What rules?"
Well, I don't get the seagull reference, but that was ridiculous and that guy is scary. I am losing my interest in this show....

...but fortunately, and unbelievably, Real Chance of Love rocks.

09-29-09, 05:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: What rules?"
Is this the one you guys are talking about?

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b146336__i_Tool_Academy_2__i__Offers_Necromantic_Interlude.html

kidflash212 4573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 10:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Tool Academy: Season #2"
Bring this show back!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •