The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Superstars."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-23-09, 06:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Superstars."
It's the first reality series for Terrell Owens.

It won't be the last.

It may wind up as the least scripted.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Superstars. samboohoo 06-23-09 1
 RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-23-09 2
 Obstacle Course vince3 06-23-09 3
   I'm wondering about something.... vince3 06-23-09 4
 First impressions. Estee 06-24-09 5
   RE: First impressions. byoffer 06-24-09 6
       RE: First impressions. Bebo 06-24-09 7
           RE: First impressions. samboohoo 06-24-09 9
           RE: First impressions. kidflash212 07-10-16 67
 RE: The Superstars. Loree 06-24-09 8
   RE: The Superstars. nogwart 06-24-09 10
       RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-24-09 12
 RE: The Superstars. jbug 06-24-09 11
 What is this, Bad Penny Season? Estee 06-25-09 13
   RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season? vince3 06-25-09 14
       RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season? byoffer 06-29-09 15
       What is this, Bad Penny Season CSHS79 06-30-09 16
           RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season vince3 06-30-09 17
               RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season CSHS79 06-30-09 18
 Well, there you go vince3 06-30-09 19
   RE: Well, there you go vince3 06-30-09 20
       RE: Well, there you go vince3 06-30-09 21
           We'll miss Dan CSHS79 07-01-09 27
               RE: We'll miss Dan vince3 07-01-09 29
                   RE: We'll miss Dan CSHS79 07-02-09 31
 RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-30-09 22
   RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-30-09 23
   RE: The Superstars. weltek 07-01-09 26
       RE: The Superstars. Estee 07-01-09 28
 RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-30-09 24
   RE: The Superstars. vince3 06-30-09 25
 RE: The Superstars. Puffy 07-02-09 30
 Week 3 vince3 07-07-09 32
   RE: Week 3 vince3 07-07-09 33
       RE: Week 3 vince3 07-07-09 34
           RE: Week 3 Loree 07-08-09 35
               RE: Week 3 Estee 07-08-09 36
               RE: Week 3 vince3 07-08-09 37
 Dramatic news! vince3 07-14-09 38
   RE: Dramatic news! Estee 07-14-09 39
   RE: Dramatic news! vince3 07-14-09 40
 RE: The Superstars. vince3 07-14-09 41
   RE: The Superstars. vince3 07-14-09 42
       RE: The Superstars. vince3 07-14-09 43
       RE: The Superstars. catsnotkids 07-15-09 44
 Final 4 vince3 07-21-09 45
   RE: Final 4 vince3 07-21-09 46
       RE: Final 4 vince3 07-21-09 47
           RE: Final 4 Loree 07-22-09 48
               RE: Final 4 catsnotkids 07-22-09 49
   RE: Final 4 byoffer 07-23-09 50
       RE: Final 4 vince3 07-23-09 51
           RE: Final 4 byoffer 07-27-09 52
 Finale vince3 07-28-09 53
   RE: Finale catsnotkids 07-29-09 54
 Finale vince3 08-04-09 55
   RE: Finale vince3 08-04-09 56
       RE: Finale vince3 08-04-09 57
           RE: Finale vince3 08-04-09 58
               RE: Finale byoffer 08-06-09 60
                   RE: Finale Glow 08-06-09 61
                       RE: Finale byoffer 08-06-09 62
                           RE: Finale Glow 08-06-09 63
                               RE: Finale byoffer 08-06-09 64
 Winners Puffy 08-05-09 59
   RE: Winners Loree 08-06-09 65
       RE: Winners Estee 08-06-09 66

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Superstars."
I'm watching. So far, so good.

My 5 year-old doesn't like that "TO guy."

Why are Bode and Paige wearing different colors? Will he not wear purple?

This might be the first time ever I've rooted for Jeff Kent.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

06-23-09, 09:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Superstars."
TO's team kinda got screwed.....

Aparently, this week, they're taking the bottom 4 teams to the obstacle course.....

However: After declaring the top 3 teams safe, and the bottom 3 teams automatically into the obstacle course, TO's team (in 4th place, 20 pts. ahead of 5th....) got put into a "Rubber match" with Jeff Kent's team. Since the 2nd event was a kayak relay race, the "Rubber match" was also a kayak race, but this time it was a tandem kayak race!

After getting jinxed before the commerical break at the top of the hour, TO's kayak wiped out multiple times, sending them to the dreaded obstacle course!!!!!

06-23-09, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Obstacle Course"
They made the pairings "tournament style": Highest seed vs. lowest seed..... Winners are safe, losers go to the elimination run-off!

TO/Joanna vs. David/Jennifer: TO got his foot caught in the cargo net!!!!! Jennifer also got caught in the cargo net, but not long enough to give up the lead..... Joanna was ticked at TO after she finished.....

Lisa/Dan vs. Robert/Estella: Lisa is also caught in the cargo net in the exact same place!!!!!!! After she got un-caught, she ended up going back toward the starting line! (She was flipped over when her foot caught.....)

TO/Joanna vs. Lisa/Dan: This may come down to who gets on the Red course where the cargo net has swallowed them up whole! (Lisa/Dan drew Red....) TO completed the cargo net and gave his team a slight lead, but he was against Dan, which means Joanna is against Lisa...... and that was the factor because Lisa/Dan won the elimination race!!!!!!

TO/Joanna are eliminated!

06-23-09, 09:46 PM (EST)
4. "I'm wondering about something...."
I rewound the tape and saw the intro of the show, and they showed TO/Joanna in a beach run relay competition that was not part of tonight's show. So either they filmed the teams in extra events to throw people off of the early eliminations, or something will bring them back..........

06-24-09, 08:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "First impressions."
The host svcks. He svcks mightily. He svcks so much that the next challenge will be swimming upstream away from his perpetual whirlpool.

For me, the quasi-fun element has been the fish-in-the-wrong-kind-of-water aspect. How well does skiing translate to endurance running? How does a baseball player carry his skills over to a kayak? Why does it seem as if every professional athlete was seeing a rope for the first time? This is mostly on the sports side -- the exception is Maksim, an athlete in his own right -- but at least it's semi-interesting to watch. For now.

The rubber match was unfair. I was flipping back to IAC every so often, so I didn't get everyone's score for both events -- and so initially thought the two teams in the match had tied. Which made me think a little more highly of the show: okay, ties had a good chance to happen, and at least they already had a plan in place for when they did. And then I saw the scores, which had Terrell & Joanna safe on merit, with Jeff & Ali at risk for the same reason. Fourth place is just that: fifth place is one step under it. Mess with that and you're wandering into Lisi-math. Need to fill time? Have more events.

Did Terrell get the perfect partner or what? How often have you ever felt sorry for Terrell Owens? ...last night didn't do it for you either? Well, at least he deserved it.

The kayak course looks fun! Is there one for the non-millionaire guests?

Jeff Kent's always been a bit of a stiff on the field: I think this is the loosest I've ever seen him. Must not have fallen off his truck bumper recently.

Cargo nets: the ultimate equalizer. (No one fed them before the event.)

'Someone stole my ability to see a bicycle!'

Maybe, Vince -- but it's also possible that we were looking at shots filmed just for the promos. If you want to believe the show could be that competent.

And by the way, is there an actual prize involved anywhere in this?

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: First impressions."
TO got what he deserves. Will he realize that?

Why is Estella Warren on the show? Barely a celebrity, and certainly only a shadow of the hottie she used to be.

Could Jennifer Capriati be any less athletic for a former professional athlete?

The two teams with basketball players are not long for this competition, unless there are challenges that involve basketball or stocking really high shelves.

Will this show be won by the team with:
- the strongest female?
- the strongest non-athlete?
- the best team chemistry?
- shoes that won't get caught in the cargo net??

I have no intention of watching this show, except that my 4-yr old thinks this is like watching the challenges on Survivor which he loves. Unfortunately due to editing these challenges last too long (lots of commercials), and REALLY unfortunately the contestants have not be instructed to limit the profanity for television.

Bebo 20943 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 10:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: First impressions."
I loved, loved, loved, loved this episode with a complete and utter passion. I know the show is cheesy, and that there could be definite complaints about stuff, but I do not care. John Saunders is a blah host who adds no value to the show, but I do not care.

Joanna telling off T.O., questioning his athletic skills, and calling him a prima donna was worth dealing with everything else. She was saying everything to him that I've been yelling from my couch for years. That was such a thoroughly satisfying experience that it almost made me regret their elimination, just because I would have loved to see Joanna tell T.O. off again in the future.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: First impressions."
LAST EDITED ON 06-24-09 AT 11:29 AM (EST)

I completely agree with you.

This is filling in nicely for where American Gladiators should be.

ETA: DH commented on Joanna being a beyotch, and I was like, "Dude, it's TO."

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

kidflash212 4565 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
67. "RE: First impressions."
missed it

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: The Superstars."
I enjoyed this show. But I was glad I recorded it because they loved to come back from every commercial to replay what we had just seen. I hate when reality shows continue to do that. Take away all the recaps and the show is half the length.

TO and his partner (who was she?) both behaved badly. Arrogant and ego driven. Gave the viewers great satisfaction when they were booted. No teamwork with them.

I also laughed at Charvet who was sure someone stole their bike.

nogwart 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

06-24-09, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nogwart Click to send private message to nogwart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Superstars."
Overall, I liked the premise of the show, but doubt I'll be able to continue watching it mostly due the painfully poor host/commentators. The chick (name=?) was tolerable, but the main host just seemed like he was completely lost. Worst of all, though, was the on-the-scene dude, who was so horribly NOT funny and had no business being involved in any way (producer's 2nd cousin's wife's best friend's brother perhaps?).

I thought the events were fairly interesting, especially the kayak course, so if they can keep coming up with similarly-interesting events, they may have something.

And yeah, TO's partner was brutal! More of that kind of stuff, and I may watch... maybe..

06-24-09, 04:17 PM (EST)
12. "RE: The Superstars."
Male reporter "on-the-scene"? Warren Sapp. You may have heard of him from either his football career or from his stint last fall on DWTS.......

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

06-24-09, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: The Superstars."
I must be the only one who wasn't impressed and actually thought it was boring.
I will admit that I was not watching it all; just flipping back during other commercials.
Mostly what I saw was the kayak part. Just lots of people who did not know how to paddle a kayak flipping over and getting wet.

06-25-09, 11:36 AM (EST)
13. "What is this, Bad Penny Season?"
The promos are firmly showing Terrell & Joanna as being back next week and competing in some capacity. (Maybe they just take points away from the other teams?) What happened to the days when you could actually count on getting rid of contestants?

06-25-09, 01:17 PM (EST)
14. "RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season?"
Well, they did show someone else needing medical attention, so maybe they have TO/Joanna now as the first injury alternate?

06-29-09, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season?"
That makes some sense. But if, say, Jenn Capriati got hurt would both her and her partner get replaced by alternates? Maybe they have to keep the teams together, since they couldn't have two professional athletes form a team.

And given the drama that TO/Joanna provided they probably shot one of the other contestants to bring these two back.

Can we vote on who we want shot?

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-30-09, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "What is this, Bad Penny Season"
LAST EDITED ON 06-30-09 AT 11:03 AM (EST)

The someone was that ultra sexy super delicious Dan Cortese that seemed to need medical attention in the next episode. You will remember Dan if you liked the show What i Like About You. He was Jennie Garth's former boss, turned firefighter, who wound up as her husband in the final seasons.He is definitely one firefighter I'd like to be rescued by, m m m m good.

06-30-09, 11:04 AM (EST)
17. "RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season"
I remember him from MTV sports......

06-30-09, 11:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CSHS79 Click to send private message to CSHS79 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: What is this, Bad Penny Season"
You may remember him, but we ladies are the ones who drooool over him since he's is as sweet as he is sexy. He's the kind of guy that runs thru your dreams when you asleep, and if you're lucky runs his fingers thru your hair and lips over your body when you're awake.

06-30-09, 08:16 PM (EST)
19. "Well, there you go"
Remember that Jennifer Capriatti also got caught in the cargo net on the same run that TO got his foot swallowed whole? Well, her being caught in the net aggrivated her old ankle injury, and she hae to withdraw from the competition. Due to that, David also got eliminated, and TO/Elena are back from the dead, since they're the most recently eliminated team........

The first event today is called the Sand Dash, and it's a 100-yard relay race on the beach. All teams run in each race, last place eliminated each time. There is a false start rule in place that the first false start has no penalty, but the second false start in a race automatically disqualifies that team. Bode's team is intentionally false starting each race so far so that they eliminate the possibility of someone using the free false start to get any kind of advantage......

In the 4th race, Dan suffered a hamstring injury and is questionable to continue in the other events........

06-30-09, 08:19 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Well, there you go"
Also, in the 5th race, Bode's team decided to sit the race out and settle for 3rd place........TO's team vs. Maks's team for the win.....

TO/Joanna win the first event!

06-30-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Well, there you go"
Dan will be unable to continue, and since TO/Joanna have already come back, Lisa will be allowed to continue with David, who was teamed with Jennifer until she got injured last week....

07-01-09, 02:06 PM (EST)
27. "We'll miss Dan"
My reason for watching the show,that ulra sexy hot body Dan Cortese is out on the disabled list. Will he be on there as commentator? Give me a reason to keep watching since I wasn't watching ofr the events but to drool over Dan. Is there a better reason to watch shows like this?

07-01-09, 03:18 PM (EST)
29. "RE: We'll miss Dan"
What, David (formerly from Baywatch) who ended up becoming Dan's replacement via first his team being eliminated due to his pro's (Jennifer Capriati) injury, not enough for you?

07-02-09, 12:14 PM (EST)
31. "RE: We'll miss Dan"
Are they both handsome? Yes.Given a choice I still prefer Dan.
I guess I still remember how often I fantacized it was me Dan's character was romancing when he was on What I Like About You. I never did that with David's character on Baywatch.

06-30-09, 08:50 PM (EST)
22. "RE: The Superstars."
The second event is a cross between the broad jump and the high jump. Each competitor sets the bar and then has to clear it. Fail to clear it, and you get nothing. Total team distance determines placing.....

During the practice round, the water was 6 feet below the dock/runway. However, during the pro's round, the tide's come in and the water's now only 3 feet below the dock/runway, and it's affected their jumps. Bode, TO and Robert all have failed their jumps........ pros are 0-3. Also, Robert's partner failed her jump, so their team got no distance at all! Combine that with last place in the Sand Relay, and they're guaranteed obstacle course status.....

06-30-09, 09:14 PM (EST)
23. "RE: The Superstars."
Maks's and TO's teams are your top 2, and safe from the obstacle course.

Brandi and Lisa's teams ended up the middle two teams and are in the rubber match. This time the rubber match is another round of the Splash Jump, total combined distance wins again. Julio jumped way further than he needed to jump to avoid the obstacle course in the regular round, but he tripped near the end of the runway and faceplanted into the padded bar. That puts Brandi's team into the obstacl course, which they wanted to avoid to allow her injured leg time to heal......

Jeff, Robert and Bode's teams were automatically in the obstacle course...... due to them being in the bottom 3.....

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

07-01-09, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The Superstars."
Bode was Mr. Strategy on the sand dash, but then screwed up going for the win on the water jump. Dude, WTH? However, I'm loving Bode & Paige.

Estella Warren seems like a real downer.

-A Tribetastic Creation

07-01-09, 03:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: The Superstars."
Estella Warren seems like a real drowner.

Fixed that for you.

06-30-09, 09:20 PM (EST)
24. "RE: The Superstars."
Robert/Estella vs. Julio/Brandi..... Robert/Estella is the only team in tonight's obstacle course round with experience on the course.... Julio/Brandi win their heat, due to both Robert and Estella falling on the course a few times.....

Bode/Paige vs. Jeff/Alli...... Bode got caught in the cargo net, but he shook himself out of his shoes and out of the net. Bode/Paige end up winning the heat, and hopefully for those in the elimination heat, the struggles of Bode, Paige, and Alli sated the cargo net's hunger for the night......

06-30-09, 09:28 PM (EST)
25. "RE: The Superstars."
Robert/Estella vs. Jeff/Alli in the elimination heat........ Jeff/Alli ended up winning the elimination race, sending Robert/Estella to elimination land, hoping that someone else has to leave next week due to some medical issues.......

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

07-02-09, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The Superstars."
The only "star" I know is Maks. But it's a good show to fast forward through. I used to love watching the old
Wide World of Sports Superstars show on Saturday afternoons.

Birthday siggy from Agman

07-07-09, 08:10 PM (EST)
32. "Week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-07-09 AT 08:11 PM (EST)

Event #1 this week is called the Lagoon Swim: Both teammates the length of the lake in a relay race.........

First place is the only team guaranteed safe now.....

Maks's team won, Brandi's team was second after Julio cut through the water like a shark to come back from dead last!

TO's team? Dead Last!

07-07-09, 08:35 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Week 3"
Event 2 is a basketball related challenge, where both team members are to shoot baskets from the outside of an arc. You can't switch shooters until they make a basket.

5 different shooting arcs worth from 1 to 5 points.......

Bode/Paige ended up making 18 points, all from the 3 point arc, but Bode's shot worse than Paige did.....

TO/Joanna had him shooting at the 3 point arc, and her from the 2 point arc..... they got 15 total.....

Kristi/Maks did all their shots except for Kristi's last one from the 3 point arc. She choked major and only made a 3 pointer and a last second 1 pointer..... they got 7 total......

Jeff/Ali... they tried shooting from the 2-point arc..... and then Jeff moved up to the 3 point arc..... total of 13....

Brandi/Julio.... they alternated between going to the 3 and 2 point arcs.... then went to exclusively the 3 point arc.... they got 24 total......

Lisa/David...... they shot exclusively from the 4 point arc, and only got 12 points......

The only team safe: Brandi/Joanna!

Bode/Paige and Kristi/Maks go into the Rubber Match...... this time the twist is that both teams will be competing at the same time!

Kristi/Maks won the Rubber Match 25-16 giving them safety still from the obstacle course!

07-07-09, 08:56 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Week 3"
Lisa/David vs. Bode/Paige...... Bode scorced the course, giving Paige a huge lead! However, Lisa caught up at the cargo net, and it's a photo finish! Paige ended up winning the race.

TO/Joanna vs. Jeff/Ali...... This time the cargo nets fail to feed on TO, but they get Jeff instead!

Lisa/David vs. Jeff/Ali, elimination race........ Lisa got her foot slightly caught in the cargo net, but it barely slowed her down. Lisa/David pulled it out, and avoid elimination!

07-08-09, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Week 3"
I wish they would change up the obstacle course. I am getting bored with it. And the teams that have to keep going there are getting an advantage over teams that do well and do not keep going there.

07-08-09, 09:27 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Week 3"
Maybe they could just send them on a field trip to the Wipeout Zone -- which does seem to find room in the budget for a few set changes every week.

Wonder how much the participation payout was for athletes and celebs. We still haven't heard about a prize: being paid to compete would have drained the set design funds...

07-08-09, 10:19 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Week 3"
Which means the week that Maks's team has to go, they're screwed.....

Either that or this will bite them instead....... I think I heard that the final winner will be determined by the obstacle course....... which means if Maks's team doesn't make it until then, they'll be at a severe disadvantage.....

07-14-09, 08:06 PM (EST)
38. "Dramatic news!"
T.O. had to withdraw from the competition, so he could join the Buffalo Bills in one of their off-season workouts, which eliminated him and Joanna, and put Jeff/Ali back in!

Relay race, but both are running at the same time around a lake running course. When the partners meet, they will pass a baton, and turn back and go back to the starting line. Team's placing is determined when both are back across the start/finish line........

Bottom 2 are only going to the obstacle course.......

07-14-09, 08:11 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Dramatic news!"
And the upcoming VH1 reality show gets a plug on ABC. (Wonder how he'll spin this there?)

07-14-09, 08:17 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Dramatic news!"
Bode had an allegedly cunning plan: Save their energy on this event for the second event.......

One problem: second event of the day? is bowling!

07-14-09, 08:27 PM (EST)
41. "RE: The Superstars."
Round 2: Elimination Bowling, the lane was created over a pool...... Total pins on 2 throws...... in only one frame per round. Strike for the first one gives the second one the round off...... Scores don't carry over between rounds........

07-14-09, 08:41 PM (EST)
42. "RE: The Superstars."
LAST EDITED ON 07-15-09 AT 10:37 AM (EST)

Rubber match screwiness strikes again.

Bode/Paige and Jeff/Ali were tied, but the tiebreaker is who did better in the 2nd event, so Bode/Paige go to the rubber match.

Rubber match: Strike skins game.

Bode/Paige get a strike in the second round. David/Lisa got a retaliatory strike BUT, David gets DQ'd on a foot fault!

Obstacle course: Jeff/Ali vs. David/Lisa, winner survives to Final Four, loser eliminated (again, for Jeff/Ali.....)

07-14-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
43. "RE: The Superstars."
Obstacle course: Best of 3 runs. There is now a balance beam on the course, replacing the under slalom, so maybe they heard the complaining from the future about the course not changing?

Round 1: Pros started first, Jeff got caught in the net, Lisa as well! Ali's now caught in the net, giving David/Lisa the first heat!

Round 2: Lisa actually got through the net clean, but Ali had strugles in the cargo net, and that contributed to Jeff/Ali's demise for the second straight week........

Jeff/Ali are eliminated! (again!)

catsnotkids 184 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-15-09, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: The Superstars."
Ah ha! Thank you for explaining how Bode/Paige missed the obstacle course. I missed this part and couldn't figure out how since they were last in the run and 4th in the bowling they didn't end up at the obstacle course!

07-21-09, 08:12 PM (EST)
45. "Final 4"
3 events today.....

Event 1: Watercraft Relay

Jet Ski slalom course for both members in elimination challenges versus another team. Winners heat for 1st/2nd, and Losers heat for 3rd/4th.......

Bode/Paige vs. Julio/Brandi: Brandi stopped a little short of shore, which cost her team too much time......... Bode/Paige advance to the winner's race.

Maks/Kristi vs. David/Lisa: David use his experience using the machines when he was on "Baywatch" to give Lisa a lead, but she stalled the handoff! Kristi/Maks barely advance!

Maks/Kristi vs. Bode/Paige (winner's bracket): Bode/Paige win an exciting race.

Brandi/Julio end up winning the loser's race.

07-21-09, 08:25 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Final 4"
Event 2: Archery Shootout

Each competitor has 5 arrows to shoot at the seperate rings of an archery ring. Each smaller ring is worth 2 more points......

Brandi got 18 points by hitting 3 6's after missing 2 shots at 8.....

Kristi got 30 points, going 5-5 on the 6 ring.

Lisa gets 24 points, going 4-5 on the 6 ring

Paige also goes 5-5 on the 6 ring, getting 30 points....

Each round Brandi's getting more ticked......

Bode also goes 5-5 on the 6 ring, getting 30 points, 60 total!

Maks goes 5-5 on the 6 ring, also getting 30 points, for a total of 60 total.....

David goes 5-5 on the 6 ring, also getting 30 points, total of 54 points.....

Julio has to go for the 8 ring to have a prayer...... and he goes 5-5, scoring 40 points, and a total of 58 points!

07-21-09, 08:57 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Final 4"
Event 3 Rock Climb

Maks/Kristi ended up winning the event, giving them first place for the show, and safe passage to the Final 3

Lisa/David are guaranteed in the Obstacle Course.

Julio/Brandi vs. Bode/Paige for the Rubber Match, but it will take place at night!

The rubber match is an Archery shootout, using the 10 point ring! First team to score wins! Bode finally hits the target, sending Brandi/Julio to the obstacle course for the first time ever!

Obstacle Course, Brandi/Julio vs. David/Lisa: Best of 3!

Heat 1: Lisa again has problems with the cargo net, and it costs them the race!

Heat 2: Brandi trips in the bungee grid, then spills over the hurdle walls! David hurt his wrist on the swing wall, and Julio banged his knee into the hurdle wall! David/Lisa ended up winning the race, sending it to sudden death!

Heat 3: Brandi trips in the bungee grid again! David/Lisa win the race and survive! Brandi/Julio have been eliminated!

07-22-09, 01:49 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Final 4"
I always expected Brandi/Julio to make the finals. This is an example of David/Lisa having so much more experience with the obstacle course. Somehow it does not seem fair. I hope they completely change it up for the finale.

07-22-09, 07:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail catsnotkids Click to send private message to catsnotkids Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: Final 4"
I agree - time to change up the obstacle course. I guess the budget of the show doesn't cover a new course...

I wish Paige was a little more athletic. Too bad Bode got stuck with such a dud for a partner.

07-23-09, 09:53 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Final 4"
They showed Maks teaching Brandi some ballroom dancing. Suppose this was pimpage for her to be on Dancing with the Stars in a future season?

I can't get over how much swearing some of them do. This is goofy competition, yet many of them are taking it so serious and getting really upset. I can understand the competitive fires, but can't understand the poor sportsmanship shown by some, especially the pro athletes.

If Maks and Kristi don't win I will be shocked. That is a well balanced team that can do well in any athletic competition. Paige is not strong enough to compete, and Lisa is too klutzy. Assuming that bowling is done, M&K should win it all.

07-23-09, 10:02 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Final 4"
I think in the preview the Tug of war finally makes an appearance, and I highly doubt they will repeat a non obstacle course event........

07-27-09, 11:31 AM (EST)
52. "RE: Final 4"
tug-o-war with 3 teams??? Will they each pull against the other teams in a round robin?

Kristi can beat any of the other women in almost any event that doesn't involve being over 6 feet tall. Maks seems to hold his own against Bodie and David in most events (he outran them all in the stamina running race and the bicycle race). Though he is cast as a celebrity (vs a pro athlete) it could certainly be argued that he is pretty darn close to being a pro athlete.

07-28-09, 08:39 PM (EST)
53. "Finale"
will apparently be next week, because they're repeating the Season Finale of the Bachelorette........ and the After the Final Rose Special will be on at 10.......

07-29-09, 01:14 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Finale"
Bummer that they put it off for a week. Bachelorette two nights in a row? Blech.

08-04-09, 08:18 PM (EST)
55. "Finale"
Event 1: Kayak Pursuit

Continous laps around a triangular course in the lagoon.

If you're passed, you're eliminated. Each team started at the points of the course.

Lisa/David are the first eliminated due to being passed by Bode/Paige, who then decide to end the event by letting Kristi/Maks.

Also, they showed Robert and T.O. and who appeared to be their respective partners in the hotel pool!

After Event 1:

Kristi/Maks 100
Bode/Paige 80
Lisa/David 70

08-04-09, 08:38 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Finale"
All right, apparently the scene with T.O/Robert was a "Superstar Moment" in which they showed some of the lighter moments during the competition......

Event 2: The Strength Pull

After this event, the team in 1st place will advance to the Obstacle Course Finale!

Teams must pull in 3 buoys: 150, 200, and 250lbs.... from the lagoon, using a rope, and across the line.

Lisa/David, both of which are injured, have decided to mail this event in, and wait for the Rubber Match which will take place the next day.....

Bode is pulling in both the 200 and 250lb buoys at the same time! However once they get to land, they become a little bit of a problem....... and he had to eventually drop a rope to get them across the line......

Bode/Paige win the event, and due to the Superstars tiebreaker, because they won the 2nd event, they advance to the Obstacle Course!

08-04-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
57. "RE: Finale"
Rubber Match: Arch to Triumph: Triathalon relay.

Run to the bridge, which also includes a swim across a pool, second member dives off of the bridge and then swims to shore to an agility course. After that, they meet up in a transition area, and then paddle across the lagoon to the finish line. First team across advances to the Obstacle Course!

Eventually, Kristi and Maks advance to the Obstacle Course!

08-04-09, 09:10 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-09 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

Obstacle Course: Best of 3 for the Championship!

Bode/Paige have been there twice.

Kristi/Maks have never been to the course until now!

AAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

The CBS affiliate had a break-in for a story about a fatal shooting at a Health Club at the start of Big Brother...... Now the ABC affiliate has decided to cut in right now as they are about to start the Obstacle Course!!!!!

ETA: Now both the CBS and ABC affiliates are on the story.....

08-06-09, 09:42 AM (EST)
60. "RE: Finale"
I watched the finale last night, so I can continue the play-by-play that Vince started.

In the first heat of the Obstacle Course final, the ladies went first. Kristi has pretty big lead, but a small tangle in the cargo net closes the gap. She is still able to give her partner a fair lead. Max goes quickly through the course. Bode flies, but is unable to catch up. Round 1 to K&M.

In the second heat Bode decides to go first for his team, thinking that if he can give Paige a lead that might put some pressure on K&M, and they might make a mistake. He seems to know the only way to K&M will lose is if they get tangled in the net. Bode again flies through the course, and gives Paige a pretty good lead, but she falls on her first attempt to climb the wall, and the lead is gone. Kristi easily passes her, and M&K win the second heat and the Superstars Championship.

Thoughts:
- Bode is a stud for the way he carried Paige through this competition to the final. She was way less athletic than some of the other females. He realized this, so did it with a combination of maximizing his own athleticism (see the weight pull event) and an amazing amount of strategy. He knew that some events were non-winnable against K&M, and conserved energy in those for the events that he thought he and P could challenge. Quite amazing, and if K&M had stumbled at some point in the competition B&P would have become the winners.
- K&M were by far the most balanced team. Kristi was the athlete, and Max the celeb, but in reality he is as much an athlete as any on the show.
- This show certainly showed that most were serious competitors, and some were not very good with sportsmanship. TO's partner (hopefully) taught him a lesson about how the world sees him. Brandi certainly showed that she wasn't good at not succeeding, and even Max seemed quite disgusted in the few events that his team did not win.
- Some of the athletes showed great teamsmanship (?). Bode and Jeff in particular were great to their partners, really building them up and helping them to exceed their abilities.

I remember the Superstars from when I was a kid. It seemed to be regular summer TV fare. Not sure when it was last on, but I wonder if this will become regular again.

Kristi is one hot athlete!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-09, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
61. "RE: Finale"
Thanks for that, by. I came here hoping to find a recap. (My news and vince's news is the same news.)

Yay Maks and Kristi! They deserved to win.

As an aside. Did you hear the little noise that dolphin made when Maks kissed it? Totally the same noise I'd have made.

08-06-09, 01:10 PM (EST)
62. "RE: Finale"
Those Superstars Moments were interesting. The dolphin scene was cute, especially because these stars were as awed in the presence of the dolphins as we would be in their presence.

I was interested that TO was featured so prominently in the Moments, for a guy who was such a dud in the actual competition.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-09, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Finale"
"these stars were as awed in the presence of the dolphins as we would be in their presence"

"They" being the dolphins or Maks?

I went on a dolphin excursion in the Bahamas. (long, long ago, in a different life with somebody I like to block out of my memory as often as possible. The bummer of that is that it makes the fun things hard to remember too.) We fed it fish. Put the tail in your mouth and the dolphin jumps up to grab it. They're magical to be around for sure.

I wondered about TO being featured in those clips too. I guess they could have done it because he turned out to be such a dud on the show.

08-06-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
64. "RE: Finale"
I figured most of us would be in awe if we were in the presence of the superstars, much as the superstars were in awe in the presence of the dolphins. We would also be in awe in the presence of the dolphins, but maybe not as much as the superstars were (they are probably usually imune to being in awe).

Though my DW said she swam with dolphins way back when and she didn't feel it met her expectations. I think the one she did just had them in the pool with the dolphins, and lacked actual interaction with the dolphins.

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 02:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
59. "Winners"
Maks and Kristi won the trophy. They deserved it.

Birthday siggy from Agman

08-06-09, 04:22 PM (EST)
65. "RE: Winners"
They deserved it. And now Maks finally has a trophy.

08-06-09, 04:56 PM (EST)
66. "RE: Winners"
You just know Tom's gonna bring that up.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •