The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-08-09, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
June 7th - New Season

Was thinking last night how the producers feel that there have been how many winners of this and how many have actually made good stars???
DH & I like to watch Guy - Diners Drive-ins & Dives. He's about the only one we regularly see. If the others ever have shows on, they must be day time cause I haven't seen them.

Not surprised that they sent home the "stay at home mom" first. Was surprised that they'd have someone with that little experience on in the first place. I understand that there are many 'moms' who are fabulous cooks (my mom fit that category) but that doesn't mean they can compete with trained chefs.

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... cipher5150 06-08-09 1
   RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... jbug 06-08-09 2
   RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... jbug 06-29-09 13
 Here they are jbug 06-08-09 3
   RE: Here they are mindy23 06-13-09 4
       RE: Here they are mindy23 06-15-09 5
           RE: Here they are cipher5150 06-15-09 6
       RE: Here they are BriarRosie 06-16-09 7
           RE: Here they are mindy23 06-16-09 8
               6/21 Episode JessicaRN 06-22-09 9
                   RE: 6/21 Episode cipher5150 06-23-09 10
                       RE: 6/21 Episode jbug 06-24-09 11
                       RE: 6/21 Episode mindy23 06-25-09 12
                           RE: Debbie - my prediction already BriarRosie 07-02-09 14
                               RE: Debbie - my prediction already Bursar 07-11-09 15
                                   RE: Love Asian food, BUT mindy23 07-13-09 16
                                       RE: Love Asian food, BUT JessicaRN 07-13-09 17
                                           RE: Love Asian food, BUT vince3 07-13-09 18
                                               7/19 Episode JessicaRN 07-20-09 19
                                                   RE: 7/19 Episode mindy23 07-21-09 20
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... jbug 07-21-09 21
   RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... tjdmlhw 07-21-09 22
       RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... jbug 07-21-09 23
           RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... JessicaRN 07-21-09 24
 Final Two tjdmlhw 07-27-09 25
   RE: Final Two mindy23 07-27-09 26
       RE: Final Two jbug 07-27-09 27
   RE: Final Two Flipper 08-03-09 32
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... jbug 08-03-09 28
   RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... tjdmlhw 08-03-09 29
   RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... weltek 08-03-09 30
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... MissMyth 08-03-09 31
 Show premiers Sunday @ 12:30pm vince3 08-03-09 33
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... dajaki 08-05-09 34
 RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2... kidflash212 07-10-16 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cipher5150 166 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-08-09, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
Other than Guy, I think only the winner from last season, and the other finalist that they liked so much they gave him a show anyway, are currently on the air. The others were pretty forgetable.

Maybe small possible spoiler – don’t read any further if you don’t want to know!!!!

My friend knows one of this season’s contestants – Teddy Folkman. She says he hated his experience there and had nothing good to say about the producers or the other contestants. She said something like it was very cutthroat and some of the contestants never turned it off. I suspect this means he didn’t advance very far. I will try and get some more info from her…

I missed the premier episode – was there any mention of the fact that Teddy and Bobby Flay know one another? Teddy competed in a throw down on Bobby’s show. It was a mussels challenge that Teddy won. My friend says every time they replay it he has lines out the door.

Was surprised that they'd have someone with that little experience on in the first place

They always seem to have one or two completely throw away contestants. But what’s worse, an amateur making a passable but dull and uninspired dish, or a professional screwing up something that should have been great? I guess we know how the judges feel about it...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

06-08-09, 02:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
No, no mention of a Teddy - Bobby throwdown.

Teddy wasn't impressive last night.
His dish was not well received; it was a quarter of a tomotoe - insides removed? and bacon and stuff inside. They all said all they could taste was the bacon.

and his personality when he introduced himself at the party? Sounded like a dull college professor. sorry.

Circled by Capn2patch 6/09

06-29-09, 10:49 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
So now that Teddy is gone, I can see why he would not have good things to say about his time on the show. Altho his food might have been okay, his personality was too strange - and he could not seem to get it right - at least as to wheat people will really like to watch on a tv show.

Going red white & blue with Agman 2009

06-08-09, 02:58 PM (EST)
3. "Here they are"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-09 AT 12:30 PM (EST)

Brett - eliminated Ep 2

Debbie

Eddie

Jamika

Jeffrey

Katie

Melissa

Michael

Teddy

Jen - Eliminated Ep 1

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

06-13-09, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Here they are"
Talk about CUT THROAT: Debbie is out for Debbie!! She was caught in several lies, and there were several others that went unnoticed, or unrevealed. She is a witch!! It was HER decision and HERS alone to make that horrid sponge cake disaster, and she said it was an 'executive decision' on the part of the group. BAH! Shame, shame! I already dispise her-buying over budget and lying about it. Throwing people under the bus, not getting the real ingredients-she would HAVE to know how important that could be to an original dish.

Did they send the right person home? NO way! Debbie should have been the first to go. They gave her a slap on the wrist and a tiny little lecture on 'character'. Wowwwy. Big freaking deal. She'll continue on with her ways, and it's good for the show.

I'm keeping my eyes on Jamika and Jeffrey, and we'll see who else comes out on top in the next competiton.

BTW: does anyone else feel that Giada is a total snob? Every thing I've ever seen her on, with the exception of HER show, portrays her as a total un-smiling, condesending, judgemental, beotch! I really think her looks have gotten her where she is, and definitely NOT her personality. DO NOT LIKE HER! Sadly, next episode, they will be working with and for her...we'll see what happens!

06-15-09, 11:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Here they are"
Looks like I may be a lone poster on this forum. But whatever...

OK, I take back what I said about Giada, for now, anyway. She was actually pretty nice last night, and I appreciated her feedback, for the most part. She wasn't as rude and crude as I've seen her on previous episodes.

And WOW, what was up with Brett? Help someone out then throw them under the bus? Is that the name of the game? Well, Karma is a beotch, isn't it, baby? At least Mamma Girl was nice enough to bid him adeau in a dignified manner. And Deb wasn't too irritating this time, either.

We'll see what happens with Ted and the other guy-can't remember his name. The one who gave WAY too much info for Valentine's Day. Looks like he may be in trouble next week, but that just means, when you are in the previews, that you are going nowhere. It's all drama, all drama, baby.

06-15-09, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cipher5150 Click to send private message to cipher5150 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Here they are"
I don’t know what Brett was thinking making such a show about his helping Melissa with her meal. I can’t tell whether he was trying to make himself look good or make her look bad. Either way, it showed remarkable poor sportsmanship imo. I’m glad Teddy stayed out of it and I wish they had showed us if he said anything to Melissa after they were dismissed. Since they were sitting next to each other I find it hard to believe that nothing was said about it.

I did get some clarification from my friend who knows Teddy (re my post above) and she said that although he thought there were some great contestants with amazing skills, some of the contestants really had no interest in food/culinary arts and were only there to try and be a star – and he had a real problem with that. She also said that the Teddy on last night’s ep was the real Teddy - that he is a big goof.

I was very surprised that Brett was eliminated – I really thought it would be Eddie or Katie. But not sorry to see him go...

I like that we are really starting to see personalities and skills come through. I could easily see a final with Michael, Jamika, and Jeffrey or Teddy.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-16-09, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Here they are"
While I think Debbie was trying to save her butt, I think she is entitled to do that in the name of being in a competition. As long as she makes good TV, she can possibly be hired. The judges will call her out for her mistakes, and she's aware they are willing to cut her slack at first. If she continues to compromise her integrity for the job, it could eventually hurt her.

Other contestants were so craptastic that Debbie couldn't help but shine and get the safety dismissal. I didn't find Giada to be snotty. I thought she was acting appropriate and professional, and she did come across as friendly, IMHO.

My favorites are also Michael, Jamika and Jeffrey. I'd love to see them race to the finals. They (and Debbie) have the charisma to pull off a TV series.

Lori

06-16-09, 10:03 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Here they are"
I'd forgotten about Michael. I actually like him, too. He's quite witty, and seems to be a decent chef, at this point. As long as he doesn't get too into himself. That seems to happen sometimes when they get that 'edge', then the head starts to get a little too big, and they start over-doing things, like Eddie did last night. WHOA, what a train wreck that was, huh?

I agree-the final 3 for me, would be Jeffrey, Jamika and Michael, at this point. Anything can happen, though. It's still really early in the game....

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-22-09, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "6/21 Episode"
Wow! Teddy is kind of a mess. When the camera turns on he is like a characature of a bad salesman. When he is in front of the judges, he reminds me of a little kid who, when he thinks he is in trouble, just starts talking to get himself out of trouble and blames everyone else. Then he has a terrified, weepy look in his eyes. He does not have the right demeanor for a competition show on a network that wants a likable winner.

I actually thought that they were going to send both Teddy & Eddie home because they both deserved it. It was interesting when Bobby Flay said that he watched the film of them cooking together.

06-23-09, 04:56 PM (EST)
10. "RE: 6/21 Episode"
That was difficult to watch!

But I have to say I found this Teddy drama a bit confusing. Correct me if I’m wrong but when he and Debbie were creating their menu didn’t they decide that the appetizer would be her item, the meatloaf would be his (although she then piped up that she would make a sauce for it to tie it in with her appetizer), and the dessert would be the “shared” course? So I do not understand why he said the dessert was his course. Perhaps he said that because she appeared to not help him with it at all. Did I miss something???

It seemed like Teddy was trying to explain this at the judges' table but he did an extremely poor job of it (as far as we saw). It’s really interesting that Bobby said he watched the tape of them cooking. Perhaps he got to see the part where they discussed dividing the courses. Either way, I like that the judges are paying attention to what is going on behind the scenes.

I also find it funny that Debbie doesn’t seem to get the irony of her questioning someone else’s integrity.

And seriously, onion salad??? I cannot imagine a scenario where that would taste good.

06-24-09, 12:50 PM (EST)
11. "RE: 6/21 Episode"
The meatloaf was their shared course.

The dessert was his and his alone. He didn't appear to want to do it; he would be using pudding that Debbie bought.
But it was his fault that he spent all his time on the meatloaf and left the dessert - which was HIS - till the end and just threw it together. He should have had Debbie help more with the meatloaf to get it in the oven in time for him to work on the desert. But then Debbie actually reminded him of the dessert; he was fiddling around like he thought he was finished - waiting for the meatloaf to cook.

06-25-09, 11:26 AM (EST)
12. "RE: 6/21 Episode"
I so agree about Debbie! She is a snake in the grass! SHE is the one who has to be watched, as far as I'M concerned. This is the 2nd time she's tried to get away with a store-bought dessert, and not take credit for it!

And what the heck was Eddie thinking? Watermelon and onions? Then to give credit for it to Paula Dean?? LOL! What a dork!

Anyway, I think the judges are pretty wised-up about most of these contestants. It's just a matter of time before Deb meets her match, I hope. But I think Vegan lady and "Sunshine" need to go first. IMHO, anyway.

BriarRosie 990 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-02-09, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BriarRosie Click to send private message to BriarRosie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Debbie - my prediction already"
I think Debbie was completely validated by the individual and shared effort task. She was not responsible for dessert, and she can't be blamed for the store bought items. The challenge was meant to challenge the contestants with "budget" items.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Debbie wins the show. They don't have an Asian themed show on, so she'd fill a demographic.

Lori

Bursar 110 desperate attention whore postings

07-11-09, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bursar Click to send private message to Bursar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Debbie - my prediction already"

> They don't have an
>Asian themed show on, so
>she'd fill a demographic.
>

Ah hah! So *that's* why Debbie never lets anyone forget that she is Korean.

07-13-09, 11:12 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Love Asian food, BUT"
I will tell everyone right now, IF Deb wins, there is no way in HELLO that I will watch one second of a show that she is a part of!!

This woman has witched her way through many a competition, martyred herself beyond belief, and thrown several of her competitors under the bus! So what if she's a good cook? Where does integrity come in to play here?

Guy rarely cooks on his show, Rachael Ray is more personality than flavor, and many others who are on HGTV Food channels are 'fun' rather than 'food'. Think I'd eat much of Paula Dean's food? Looks good, yes, but my gall bladder would BURST! LOL.

I think Deb and Jamika were both given a huge rope last night, let's just hope they either use it to tie a knot and gain validation (which, IMHO, Deb can't do no way, no how), or finally kick the bucket and move on to another place where people really care that you are Korean!

BTW, sad to see Michael go, but he shot himself in the foot by mentioning not once, but several times, how camera-shy he was. He could have made a great network star for this season. Oh well. My vote goes for Jeffrey!

07-13-09, 11:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Love Asian food, BUT"
I agree with you about Debbie. This show is different from most reality competition shows. You don't have to like the winner of Top Chef or Project Runway. On this show, the food should be good, you must come across a certain way and you must be likable. Debbie's food seems like it is good, but there is something almost "slick" about her.

I do disagree with you about Michael. He is larger than life, but I'm not sure I would watch a show with him more than once or twice and his food never seemed to attract much attention.

All along, I kind of thought it was Jeffrey's to lose, but Melissa seems to be picking up steam.

Looks like Aaron is the second winner to stick around on the Food Network. His show just started the second season and I do see him occasionally crossing over to other shows.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-09, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Love Asian food, BUT"
Technically, Aaron "Big Daddy" is on his third season.......

07-20-09, 06:48 PM (EST)
19. "7/19 Episode"
I thought that this was a good test of both their presentation skills and for once, actual cooking skills. It was obvious throughout that Jamika needed to go. It's not a good idea to tell your judge how "pissed" you are at the challenge that they gave you. She seemed fairly arrogant about her skills after she got kicked off.

Melissa kind of came from nowhere to be someone that could possibly win this. I think she could appeal to lots of viewers and the home cook/mom is kind of a new angle.

I like Jeffrey and his food seems really good. He does seem a little goofy, but likable.

I saved Debbie for last, because I can't figure her out. She is probably the best on camera, but for some reason, she almost seems too polished to me. Her food is good and I don't think they have much of an Asian chef on (except Morimoto), but she is certainly getting an odd edit. Every week it is something else that questions her integrity (how hard is it to remember what you did with capers, especially for someone so smooth.) The Food Network is presenting her in such a way that it would be hard to now put her on their network. If we can forget all this, her show would probably be good.

07-21-09, 10:26 AM (EST)
20. "RE: 7/19 Episode"
You're right, it could be in the editing that we are seeing Deb in such a bad light, but it is what it is. She's lied several times, and this time was no different. I honestly don't think it was a slip of the memory, or just because she was flustered, or whatever.

She wants to win, and will do whatever she needs to, to do so. If that means being sneaky, so be it. THAT'S how she comes across to me.

Melissa gets on my nerves. Don't know why-maybe I just don't know anyone who smiles so big and so much?? But I couldn't watch that all the time! Jeff is the most down to earth, and yet can feed into wacky, fun, if need be.

I think with the exit of Jamika, for good reason, sadly, she blew it! And with the cut of darn, mind went blank again. Guy with red highlight-HE had some personality! We aren't going to get a lot of great persona. Just some good food, and maybe the person who wins can grow in to a spot that will be best for them.

I mean, I can't see Guy slaving over a stove week after week, or Rachael Ray doing more Martha Steward-type things. So, only time will tell. I hope they make the right decision, and again, I hope that it ISN'T Debbie!!

07-21-09, 12:54 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
I didn't like the on-air challenge with each one being sabotaged in a different way. IMO Debbie got the easiest "troubles" to overcome.

tjdmlhw 67 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-21-09, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
If they were going to sabotage the contestants, it should have been the same thing for all of them. I agree that Debbie got the easiest problems, but I don't think it really helped her. In past episodes, the winner of the first challenge got an advantage in the second challenge, but in this one, they said 'Congratulations Debbie, you win.' and then forgot about it.

It seems most people are leaning toward Jeffery, but my money is on Melissa. She listens to the judges' comments and tries to take action on them. For someone with no formal training, she has done a great job with both the food and the camera.

07-21-09, 04:43 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
Actually Debbie's advantage was that she got first choice of which fish to use in the elimination challenge. It was mentioned only briefly and not focused on.

07-21-09, 05:07 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
By changing the other ingredients, it kind of takes away that advantage.

I think I was won over by Melissa being able to use 15 habanero's and it was still edible. I kept waiting for her hands to start burn her!

07-27-09, 10:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tjdmlhw Click to send private message to tjdmlhw Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "Final Two"
Melissa and Jeffery head to head next week for the crown, but I wouldn't be surprised if both of these people end up with some role at the Food Network in the future. The judges appear to be very positive about both of them.

After watching the comments that were made at the dinner party, I was expecting Jeffery to be sent home. I believe that the fact that Debbie ignored the part of the competition that told them to use the movie as inspiration could have been part of the reason she was booted.

I'm looking forward to next week and still pulling for Melissa to win.

07-27-09, 10:50 AM (EST)
26. "RE: Final Two"
I really thought Jeffrey was doomed to be sent home, too! I mean, what was he thinking, making risotto for his main dish? With $1000, he could have whipped up lobster tails, steak, beef wellington-you name it! It was painful to hear the other chefs critique him, after he'd been doing so well!

I really think Deb's past sneakiness caught up with her, and the fact that she pushed her Korean background again, instead of the movie, as they were told to do, just made them realize she wasn't going to change to suit their needs. I couldn't be happier that she is gone! I have had it in for her since day 1, when she blamed her mistake on someone else!!

It's going to be a tough call. I thought last year it would definitely be the other person, instead of who they chose, and I'm still not all that crazy about 'Big Daddy', but whatever. It's time for a woman, so I'm predicting Melissa, but I'd be just as happy with either of them. Jeff has been my favorite personality since the beginning. I hope he can find something to do on the Food Network, too, if he doesn't get this.

07-27-09, 12:10 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Final Two"
I too picked Jeffrey from the beginning. He has the look of a tv show host

I too am glad Debbie is history. I would never have watched any show she was on; and I think the judges knew that from the things she said & did.

Melissa has really grown and improved. I'm not sure what kind of show she would have, but I could see myself watching her.

Agman 2009

Flipper 53 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-09, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flipper Click to send private message to Flipper Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Final Two"
I also want to add my two cents to say that between Melissa & Jeffrey I am glad that Melissa won and I plan to give her show a chance. Originally I did not really like either one too much. I liked Jamika very much and even though Debbie was given a terrible edit, I liked her personality and culinary point of view. When it came down to Melissa and Jeffrey I found Melissa a bit too frenetic and Jeffrey a bit too dull. As someone who cooks for a family and specifically with and for my young children, I think I will benefit from Melissa's perspective. I will say about Melissa that she was an underdog and did take criticism well. She improved and also consistently cooked great food plus she just has a more interesting and dynamic personality. Hopefully it will be easier for her to tone herself down as she gains even more confidence. I don't know if Jeffrey would be capable of amping up his star quality though, he just seemed pretty flat and dull to me throughout, even when I liked what he was cooking and saying. Alton did come up with a great show idea for Jeffrey and had that been his point of view all along, maybe it would have popped more and been more refined and entertaining. Jeffrey does seem generally nice, but I have to admit, watching the finale I thought that Melissa was gracious and complimentary to Jeffrey, stating several times (even in front of the judges) she would feel ok if she lost to him or if they both could win. I couldn't help but notice he did not return the compliments and his over confidence came across to me as arrogance. When Melissa was announced as the winner I felt happy for her and agreed that the judges had made the right choice. Even her insecurity and nerves about the competition seemed more relatable to me than what I perceived as Jeffrey's zen smugness.

I wonder though if there is extensive marketing analysis done on the contestants to see who will bring in a more desireable demographic, and if that affects the decision?

Flipper

08-03-09, 09:10 AM (EST)
28. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
Well well well.
I thought i was going to be okay with either Jeffrey or Melissa winning. Until they announced the winner.
For some reason, I felt let down.
After their final promo video, I really preferred Jeffrey. I think a show about different ingredients from around the world would be so interesting!
I watch Food Network for entertainment. Rarely do i actually use any of the tips they share - course I'm not much of a cook to start with, so...

So, it will be interesting to see what Melissa can bring.

And it would be even better if they find a place for Jeffrey too!

Agman 2009

08-03-09, 10:24 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
As I said before, I liked Melissa from the beginning. It might have been the smile and the attitude that she showed in every episode. I wouldn't have been disappointed if Jeffery had won, but I was pulling for Melissa.

I also watch Food Network for the entertainment value and not for cooking tips, but when we saw Melissa's potato dish last night, my wife immediately said that she could cook those and I said that I would love to try them. I can see her watching Melissa's show for the recipes and tips.

weltek 16935 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-09, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-09 AT 01:10 PM (EST)

Ditto-up until last night I was blase about the winner. Neither did it for me. Melissa is a little too perky and annoying for me. And her food is almost too basic, but whatever. She thinks she invented concepts, I say I see those same concepts in magazines all the time.

I thought Jeffrey's show concept was GREAT and his performance was wonderful! Take an unique ingredient and incorporate it into easy to cook foods we are familiar with.

I'm disappointed with the winner and won't purposely be watching.

-A Tribetastic Creation

MissMyth 352 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

08-03-09, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MissMyth Click to send private message to MissMyth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
I was glad that Melissa won, although I'd have been happy with Jeff too. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't offered something in the future. Isn't one of the contestants from last season hosting a show now?

Melissa earned my respect when she was given all the different chiles and had never cooked with them before. I thought it took real guts to taste each one so that she'd know how to use it.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

08-03-09, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "Show premiers Sunday @ 12:30pm"
$10 Dinners it will be called.......

dajaki 1454 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-09, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dajaki Click to send private message to dajaki Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
I liked Melissa all along and found Jeffrey a little bit annoying. I think it was the constant squint. However, when they were going over ideas with Alton, I found Jeffrey's to be much more interesting. I would love a show that focuses on unusual ingredients and how to use them. That's a new idea. I live in a major metro area and can easily find all sorts of funky ingredients. I just don't know what to do with them.

That being said, my 4 year old DD, who loves to cook, liked Melissa's presentation dish and wanted to make it. So on Monday, we did. The muffin tin gratins are a very child friendly dish and DD did a spectacular job layering the potatoes, onions, cheese. If you make them, throw in some cooked bacon too.

kidflash212 4564 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Next Food Network Star - June 2009"
Is this the one Rachel Ray won?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •