The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Total Drama Island Action"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-09, 06:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Total Drama Island Action"
Just in case anyone wanted to start the speculation early.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Contestants and team names. Estee 05-26-09 1
   RE: Contestants and team names. vince3 05-26-09 2
 RE: Total Drama Island Actio... ohmyheck 05-26-09 3
   RE: Total Drama Island Actio... Estee 05-27-09 4
       RE: Total Drama Island Actio... ohmyheck 05-30-09 5
   RE: Total Drama Island Actio... Agman2 04-08-16 7
 Season #1 DVD to be released August... Estee 06-01-09 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-26-09, 08:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Contestants and team names."
For our groups, we'll be looking at the Killer Grips and the Screaming Gaffers. (Looks like Production was having another one of these sleepy days.)

Returning for this nightmare are:

Gwen
Courtney
Heather
Lindsay
Harold
Duncan
Owen
LeShawna
Trent
Geoff
Bridgette
Justin
DJ
Izzy
Beth

There's also a persistent rumor that we'll see one or more extra TDI players returning around midseason.

Interesting group. A lot's going to depend on how the teams sort out, and we could wind up with an ILM2 situation with more alliances between teams than within: these players may know each other too well to take chances on finding loyalty in a fresh grouping.

We've also pinned down the trouble spots. After last season, no one is going to trust Heather. Everyone realizes Izzy's insane. Owen and Gwen can't take the same path to the end...

Challenges are based on movie genres, but that means about as much for this season's battles as a Survivor setting does for the tribes: window dressing only. I really don't think we're going to see much in the way of acting challenges (which means we don't get Duncan reading lines to a Celine Dion standee) and scriptwriting is a lost cause: for the most part, it'll probably remain straight physical stuff with a touch of nerve-fraying stress.

Way too early to predict a winner.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

05-26-09, 09:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Contestants and team names."
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-09 AT 09:13 PM (EST)

Lindsay's dumb enough, even though she got burnt extra crispy by Heather on the Island.......

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-26-09, 10:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Total Drama Island Action"
LAST EDITED ON 05-26-09 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

I would probably bet on Duncan, but I wouldn't count out Harold or Lindsay.

Edited because I typed the wrong key.

05-27-09, 05:04 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Total Drama Island Action"
I'm counting out Harold. His only advantage is that the others haven't had a chance to see their first season: they don't know what he was doing in the game. If they did, they'd throw him off at the first opportunity. But they don't have to, because his giant disadvantage is that he's still Harold: he's going to annoy everyone to the point where they're throwing challenges just to get rid of him all the sooner. He has no trust, no real alliances beyond a tiny chance of pairing up with LeShawna, and he's a dead man walking. It's just a question of where he finally falls over.

Lindsay needs another long UTR glide. If she stays away from Heather, she has some chance to move -- but at the same time, she needs some kind of alliance. Is she proactive enough to go looking? Is she going to pick the right person? And does she have the brains to run things by occasionally thinking for herself? (The last is a scary question.) Actually, maybe Linsday's best hope is for some of the challenges to be acting-based and she turns school play experience into an Invincibility run...

Duncan reached the original F4 as the last survivor from his team, which means he gets to walk around with a sign flashing 'I am a giant game threat!' and putting red highlights into his mohawk, especially since he may have learned some tiny degree of social game. He can be a near-necessity during the team stage -- but as soon as the end of that appears on the horizon, people are going to think about getting rid of him. Or even sooner: he's my primary candidate to suffer a Hunter exit.

ohmyheck 1919 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

05-30-09, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ohmyheck Click to send private message to ohmyheck Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Total Drama Island Action"
Oh, I forgot about Leshawna. I could definitely see her making another really long run.

Keep in mind that Harold won a few challenges for his team on season 1. I'm ignoring the fact that he also lost a few for his team.

I think Lindsay could be a big surprise. She'll still be braindead, but she could get Beth on her side and they could coast for a while.

DJ is running off the set the moment a fly lands on him.

I don't think the power couples (Gwen and Trent, Bridgette and Geoff) can last particularly long.

Heather will probably manipulate her way to midgame.

Izzy is batshit crazy and her team will probably realize this and take her out as soon as they can.

Justin will last as long as his looks will carry him.

Owen can't win again. He just can't.

I still think Duncan has the best chance just because of who he is. He the best physically, and he is the only one who can match Chris in the sadistic department.

So, I think Duncan will win, but Harold, Lindsay and Leshawna are my dark horses.

Agman2 2554 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-08-16, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Total Drama Island Action"
My money's on Duncan.

06-01-09, 04:55 PM (EST)
6. "Season #1 DVD to be released August 18th."
http://tinyurl.com/m6kwfd

$25.99 isn't bad for nearly ten hours. No word on bonus material yet.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •