The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Confessions of a Teen Idol"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

01-08-09, 10:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MandyM Click to send private message to MandyM Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Confessions of a Teen Idol"
OMG - seriously, are none of you watching this trainwreck??? I found it fascinating. Billy Hufsey - yep I watched him on Fame, but I LOVED him on Days of Our Lives - why isn't he talking about Emilio and Melissa and Pete from back in the day? Christopher Atkins, I watched Blue Lagoon a bazillion times - yep he looks a little rough, but I hope he makes a comeback. Little Hogie from Baywatch, the youngest of the bunch - he has such a good attitude. Totally owns up to all his b.s. I really like him. Adrian Zmed - OMG...I watched Grease 2 every single day on HBO during the summer of oh about 1983 or so...I had every line memorized. Every song. He seems to be the constant steadying force in the house - the one who makes sense and calms everyone down. Come on, I can't be the only one watching this, am I ? I am so looking forward to the next episode on Sunday at 1pm EST.

MM I just wish that there was a way that I could choose for others not to be bigots. - HD
SLICE ROCKS!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol eire_heart74 01-09-09 1
   RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol MollyTV 01-09-09 2
       addon MollyTV 01-10-09 4
           RE: addon Agman2 04-08-16 11
               RE: addon kidflash212 06-11-16 12
 RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol toddE 01-09-09 3
   RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol vince3 01-10-09 5
   RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol ginger 01-10-09 6
   RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol ARnutz 01-11-09 7
   RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol arkiegrl 01-11-09 8
       RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol toddE 01-12-09 9
 RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol eire_heart74 01-13-09 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-09-09, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
I watched it too and I think it's got potential to be a semi decent show. I happened to have LOVED Eric of the Real World. To see him now, it's hardly the same guy!

I'm kind of hoping it continues the way of the first episode. No cheap ploys. (although that one cast member storming out at the end but then coming back with his tail between his legs is a little screen hoggy)

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-09-09, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
i too will keep watching...i remember most of them....

chris atkins reminds me of jan michael vincent back in the day. but i think he still has the "chops" to act.

billy huffsey...i think has sad eyes...

eric nies...i remember that real world...him and becky...thats what i want to know about....do they EVER talk now? does he know them? he is soooo granola.

the younger ones are still lost....i guess because they haven't moved on to "another" job.

i think the show is perfect for them...but i wonder if scott and jason realize they are in the same boat as the other older guys? they are the ones punking the guys and PRODUCING the backyard play on tv...but
they also WANT the fame...i am sure the bug bit jason when he did scotts shows... and we all know scott.

being a closet sociologist as i am...these reality shows are just candy for the taking. the only thing better would be access to ask the questions i want to know.

the only other comment....sometimes i think being on the reality shows must blackball them from REAL acting jobs...but i don't think they care.
mollytv

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

01-10-09, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "addon"
last night at the blockbuster video store(yes i go there) i noticed a movie on the newly released shelves...and it had chris atkins as one of the 3 main stars....and for the life of me i can't remember the others.

however....he MADE a movie..
mollytv

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

04-08-16, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: addon"
apparently he did make a movie.

kidflash212 4535 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-11-16, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: addon"
That was hard to see?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-09-09, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
I didn't think the first episode was very entertaining, probably gonna drop this one from the DVR.

Really, I think only Christopher Atkins was actually a teen idol. Eric Nies? Frankly, he isn't even the biggest Real World guy. Tek probably isn't as bizarre, though. And Miz is still wrestling, I believe.

Mostly, though, I found the show to be dull. And stupid. The psychologist I guess was what really did it for me. They were right to question her credentials. And when Adrian said he was happy she called it a "cop out." Ummm, I have very low standards for a reality show, but when the therapist is telling someone to be a desperate fame whore, something is wrong.

I guess I prefer the open stupidity of I Love Money, etc, to the pseudo-intellectual stupidity of shows like this ( or Celeb Rehab).

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-09, 10:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
Oh yeah, Miz is still wrestling, and is currently a World Tag Team Champion, along with a co-winner of Tough Enough 3, now known as John Morrison......

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
I thought it was really sad. When they thought they'd have fans waiting for them behind the curtain? Kinda cruel.

Will probably not watch, for the same reasons that I avoid Celebrity Rehab.

ARnutz 13914 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-09, 08:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ARnutz Click to send private message to ARnutz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
...but when the therapist is telling someone to be a desperate fame whore, something is wrong.

Agreed.

...and what the eff genius thought it was a brilliant idea that Scott Baio & Jason Hervey are the former child stars who can tell other former child stars how to be stars again? ... are they A-list??? *boggle*

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-09, 11:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
LAST EDITED ON 01-11-09 AT 11:06 PM (EST)

And when Adrian said he was happy

But watching that clip of his cruise ship job, he doesn't really look all that happy with what he's doing.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-12-09, 06:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-09 AT 12:03 PM (EST)

Ok, so I was bored last night and watched the second episode. More of the same, a pale verson of the ANTM Makeover episode. Not too bad but not that good. I agree with the others who have said that Scott Baio isn't exactly an ideal "spokesperson" for the whole comeback thing, since on the Baio scale (to my knowledge his two VH1 shows), these guys are halfway there already.

Chris Knight is already there, I guess. He's also had two VH1 shows. Toss in Dustin Diamond as well. I am sure I could go on and on.

eta: My bad, Chris Knight is actually way bigger than Baio since he's had three shows already, not two (Surreal Life and two seasons of My Fair Brady.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-13-09, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Confessions of a Teen Idol"
The inner reflections of what they had and lost is interesting.

Will this be their huge comeback? Nope, nada, no way. Who are we kidding? Reality tv shows are now what these kinds of "stars" do. Seeing as there is no Love Boat to star on anymore.

They all claim to be happy but want fame still. Which would make thing they aren't happy. Hell they are on that show. If they were really happy they would of hung up the phone on Baio and company when they came calling to cast it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •