The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tool Academy"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-14-08, 01:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tool Academy"
Looks like the flip side of Charm School, but with peeps we haven't seen before.

Just saw the ad for this.

http://blog.vh1.com/2008-12-09/tool-academy-coming-soon-to-vh1/

"The guys, all secretly nominated by their girlfriends, initially believe they are taking part in a competition in search of “Mr. Awesome.” But the tables are turned almost immediately and they quickly learn that they are actually recruits in the Tool Academy, where they will be schooled in proper boyfriend behavior—covering topics like honesty, fidelity, maturity, and communication with resident relationship counselor Trina Dolenz. Each week the guy who shows the least progress in the group is deemed a hopeless tool and dismissed from the academy. But there’s a twist: he must then plead his case before his girlfriend, who decides on the spot if she wants to keep him or kick him to the curb. In the end, only one man will be rewarded for his transformation with a $100,000 cash prize and the title of “Mr. Awesome.”"

From the Bah Humbug Shop of Agman

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tool Academy Estee 01-11-09 1
 RE: Tool Academy arkiegrl 01-11-09 2
   RE: Tool Academy Estee 01-12-09 3
 The actual scariest part. Estee 01-18-09 4
   RE: The actual scariest part. arkiegrl 01-18-09 5
 Episode #3. Estee 01-26-09 6
 Episode #4 early showtime teaser. Estee 02-01-09 7
   RE: Episode #4 early showtime tease... Snidget 02-01-09 8
 Anxiety attack? Estee 02-09-09 9
   RE: Anxiety attack? krismiss2us 02-20-09 10
 The Global Warming Episode. Estee 03-01-09 11
   RE: The Global Warming Episode. toddE 03-02-09 12
       RE: The Global Warming Episode. Estee 03-02-09 13
           RE: The Global Warming Episode. toddE 03-02-09 14
               RE: The Global Warming Episode. Estee 03-02-09 15
                   RE: The Global Warming Episode. krismiss2us 03-02-09 16
 They are casting for Tool Academy I... Snidget 03-07-09 17
 Thoughts? justinrobertstaylor 05-24-09 18
   RE: Thoughts? Agman2 03-25-16 19
       RE: Thoughts? kidflash212 07-10-16 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-09, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Tool Academy"
Well, if the goal was to familiarize us with nine men that we'd be better off killing than accepting a drink from, Mission Accomplished. Can we lock the toolbox now?

Who's more hopeless: the tools or the tool-enabling girlfriends?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-11-09, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Tool Academy"
Wow. Just wow.

I watched it, because I was watching the two VH1 shows that came on right before it. I feel bad for the girlfriends, but I don't know if it's because their boyfriends are such tools, or because the gf's are still with them after watching the interview tapes.

I did LOL'd for the tag line for getting expelled. "You're just a tool."

01-12-09, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Tool Academy"
One of the central issues:

For those who thought this would be a male version of Charm School, the key is in the raw material. For that series, we had several people who were trying to fake their way through the personality change in order to reach the money, but we also had a few who were thinking 'If I can do this and reach the cash, then with a new outlook and money to back it up, I can really do something with my life.' To some degree, they were there to make the whole thing work as the theme intended.

And here? Going into the competition (once they knew what it was really for), I can just about guarantee you that every one of those nine was thinking 'If I fake out the judge, maybe seduce her or something, I can grab the hundred grand, dump my girlfriend, and hit the expensive bars for someone who won't care about all this crap...'

01-18-09, 01:05 PM (EST)
4. "The actual scariest part."
Open question for everyone who watches SYTYCD: does she always smile like that?

Welcome to Week #2 of the 'why woman stay in impossible relationships' primer. This week, we're going to figure out why no one can pull themselves together long enough to push their former boyfriend off the platform. Or not. Shawn's could get together and outmass him...

*sigh* Finding anyone to root against with slightly less ferocity yet? I'm not.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-18-09, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: The actual scariest part."
Yes, she does. At least she wasn't screaming.

I wish the therapist would spend more time working with the women, to hopefully convince them that they deserve so much better than these tools.

01-26-09, 07:34 AM (EST)
6. "Episode #3."
And now the personalities -- or lack thereof -- start to emerge. We're certainly not seeing much in the way of an intellectual side: first Shawn comes out with his infidelity=infidels connection, and now humility is assumed to mean humor. (You wish.)

But more than anything else, this week was about having the testicular fortitude (but not the brains) to fake it until you make it -- and then Celebrity, after a sole episode of faking, decided that he was a tool, a true tool, the biggest tool in the box, and if no one was willing to give him 100k for his toolosity, the hell with them. To which the one and only judge said 'Really? Same to you', followed by his girlfriend kicking him to the curb, the curb kicking back, and the tool demonstrating its only function: to fold itself up and start hunting for the nearest thing to screw over.

There are actually women who go into hardware stores looking for just that function. Go figure.

A few general notes:

1. Josh? Nothing to worry about at that elimination. Nothing. The entire world knew celebrity was going home -- the entire world minus you.

2. Rob does not strike me as one of the world's fastest learners. His issues are the same session after session: I want her to live with me, I want to dictate what she does, wanna see how much weight I can press down on with my thumb? There are women who look for that and he didn't land one of them. But he's not willing to adjust his goals, and she won't change hers. That's a relationship in major trouble.

3. 'Universal Studios Hollywood: DAW Discount Groups Always Available.'

4. Shawn is basically trying for the fastest redemption edit in genre history. Shawn is not making it. This is because Shawn is a tool. A two-pronged tool which recently had one prong broken off.

5. Even with that momentary rejection of Aida, this is the least catty gathering of women in a VH1 house we've ever seen.

6. Didja notice the production staff (visible during the fight) is mostly female? Did you also notice the executive producer is a woman?

7. So next week, someone gets tossed because of their SO's tool qualities...

...well, sometimes like does call to like.

Bets on Mega?

02-01-09, 01:35 PM (EST)
7. "Episode #4 early showtime teaser."
Can you guess which tool has 'Kung Fu Hero' tattooed above his tool?

02-01-09, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Episode #4 early showtime teaser."
What, he thinks he can break a board with it?

02-09-09, 05:56 PM (EST)
9. "Anxiety attack?"
No wonder Rob had to leave. Real tools aren't capable of feeling anxiety.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-20-09, 03:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Anxiety attack?"
I got my honey to watch this show with me and we agree, these men are definitely tools and their women are complete morons for staying with them. We also agreed on one more thing: We could make this therapist quit her job!

03-01-09, 01:33 PM (EST)
11. "The Global Warming Episode."
Total meltdown.

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-02-09, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: The Global Warming Episode."
Shawn's behavior was just so wrong, and his elimination so obvious, that I actually wondered if it would be Matsuflex getting cut. But then I realized that this is VH1 and they don't necessarily use misdirection.

The absolute best part was when his girlfriend gave herself up as the total russian whooore that she clearly always was. "I'm not really so nice" NO WAY! Who'da thunk it?

Now, I am cool with either Josh or Ryan winning, but with a wedding happening, it has got to be Josh!

This show has been surprisingly entertaining, way better than expected.

03-02-09, 01:11 PM (EST)
13. "RE: The Global Warming Episode."
They're already trying to get women to taser their lousy boyfriends and drag the stunned bodies to Season #2, so the relative entertainment may continue. I just hope we don't suffer the usual Second Season curses -- which in this case, would include getting someone who knows what they're there for on Day One and showed up just to get the money. (Shawn? Wound up being there for the money. And wherever he goes next, he's going there for revenge.)

It's possible for Ryan to win and Josh to propose -- Ryan's had more of the screen time so far, and seems as if he'd be more on track for the winner's edit.

Oh, as long as I'm posting -- does anyone feel as if Trina's voice is being dubbed in every time she speaks?

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-02-09, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail toddE Click to send private message to toddE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: The Global Warming Episode."
Oh, you can totally tell when they go to voice over. It reminds me of ANTM, you can always tell when they cut from what Tyra was really saying to a voice over. Hilarious!

03-02-09, 06:19 PM (EST)
15. "RE: The Global Warming Episode."
It's just that with Trina, you can have the camera directly on her, exact tracking of her lip movements, and it'll still feel like a voiceover.

krismiss2us 818 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-02-09, 08:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail krismiss2us Click to send private message to krismiss2us Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: The Global Warming Episode."
i so think her voice is dubbed.

as far as shawn goes, there's no way they could have let him win...he started with a different girl. legally speaking, this would have raised some serious issues as to who was entitled the money, had he won.

03-07-09, 09:18 AM (EST)
17. "They are casting for Tool Academy II"
Just saw the ad on Best Week Ever.

justinrobertstaylor 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-24-09, 12:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justinrobertstaylor Click to send private message to justinrobertstaylor Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "Thoughts?"
I really enjoyed this show. I thought the guys, though all huge tools, were hilarious. The premise of the show was a little confusing at first... I would think that WINNING the Tool Academy would be a bad thing. Anyone have any other comments about the show? favorite parts... things they liked... disliked???

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-25-16, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Thoughts?"
You're such a tool.

kidflash212 4838 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 02:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Thoughts?"
snort

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •