The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"17 kids and counting on what?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

carriem 91 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

11-05-08, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"17 kids and counting on what?"
The Duggars leave me speechless.I can't really stand their show yet I cannot look away when it is on.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? JessicaRN 11-05-08 1
   RE: 17 kids and counting on what? carriem 11-06-08 2
       RE: 17 kids and counting on what? JessicaRN 11-06-08 3
           RE: 17 kids and counting on what? carriem 11-06-08 4
               RE: 17 kids and counting on what? AyaK 11-06-08 5
                   RE: 17 kids and counting on what? carriem 11-07-08 6
                       Homemade Laundry Soap? carriem 11-18-08 7
                           RE: Homemade Laundry Soap? Debmarie 05-03-09 20
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? eire_heart74 11-18-08 8
   RE: 17 kids and counting on what? carriem 11-20-08 9
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? TVFreak 12-08-08 10
   RE: 17 kids and counting on what? eire_heart74 12-09-08 11
 Now it's 18 kids and counting vince3 12-21-08 12
   RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting carriem 12-31-08 13
       RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting mindy23 01-20-09 14
           RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting mrc 01-20-09 15
               RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting mindy23 01-29-09 16
           RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting kidflash212 03-18-09 19
       RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting Agman2 03-25-16 31
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? bacon 01-30-09 17
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? shimane22 03-18-09 18
   RE: 17 kids and counting on what? Debmarie 05-03-09 21
 19 Kids and Counting mrc 09-01-09 22
 18 & Counting jbug 09-28-09 23
   RE: 18 & Counting mrc 10-06-09 24
   RE: 18 & Counting kidflash212 11-03-09 27
 another one is born Puffy 10-10-09 25
   RE: another one is born lovetv2009 10-21-09 26
   RE: another one is born blacknwhitedog 11-03-09 28
 #19 premie blacknwhitedog 12-11-09 29
   RE: #19 premie teacherkelly 12-13-09 30
 RE: 17 kids and counting on what? kidflash212 07-10-16 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-05-08, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
I know what you mean. I find this all a bit creepy and I think that there is some religious significance about having all of those kids, but I'm not sure what it is. I do have to say that the kids are very well behaved and Amy Roloff could take a lesson in how to keep a clean, organized house from the Duggars.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

11-06-08, 08:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail carriem Click to send private message to carriem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
You have a point there.Credit where credit is due.More and more I notice that they spend alot of time indoctrinating their kids.Fundamental interpretation of the bible,creationism,women shouldn't work,seperation from society,etc.They do it gently but constantly.This cannot be healthy!Kids need guidance not brainwashing.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings

11-06-08, 11:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
You mean indoctrinating the kids by teaching them that dinosaurs and Adam & Eve shared the Garden of Eden and dinosaurs became carnivores when the first sin was committed?
(That museum and the man behind it were featured in the Bill Mahr's documentary Religulous.)

11-06-08, 11:45 AM (EST)
4. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
That would be some of the indoctrinating I was referring to.It is very subtle but very destructive what they are doing there.None of their kids is allowed to freely develop their own minds,thoughts,opinions,etc.All through the narration of the show Michelle and Jim Bob continuously use the word "We" when descibing their own thoughts to imply that the entire family of 17 has thought this out and is in complete agreement.I am all for people expressing their religeous beliefs-after all we live in a free country-but there is nothing really being expressed by the children when they are taken to a place like that and informed that this is exactly how life was created,no further exploration needed.It is very clear the reason they homeschool,allow little to no internet and avoid people not like them is to shut off the flow of ideas to their kids.What a great basis for education!Avoiding as much information as possible.

AyaK 10400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-06-08, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
Being the tolerant parent that I am, I refused to let my kids watch the trip to the Creation Museum. I told them that I was afraid their brains would turn into mush, just like the Duggars' brains had.

11-07-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
6. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
Bravo!I'm glad there are parents out there who actually care about making sure their kids' brains reach full potential.

11-18-08, 09:41 AM (EST)
7. "Homemade Laundry Soap?"
Has anyone tried making homemade soap?How did it work and did you use the Duggar's recipe?

Debmarie 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-09, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Debmarie Click to send private message to Debmarie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Homemade Laundry Soap?"
I make my own homemade laundry soap its fabulous
I can make 2 gallons and it costs me around $1
and thats for 64 loads of course when u buy the stuff u have around $10 spent but it makes alot.

I havent seen the recipie for the Duggers yet or I would try it.

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-08, 03:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
I got the creeps when I heard them ask one of the older daughters why do they all have the same long hair style and her first response was "Well my father likes long hair" Not me, or we, my father. That's a little to much control for me.

11-20-08, 12:32 PM (EST)
9. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
I saw that too.It is just another example of the Duggar kids' indoctrination.Nothing is more important than pleasing their parents,esp.their Father.The Duggars are so good at controlling their kids and making it seem like they are only doing it to make their kids happy.It is destuctive when you skip developemental steps like normal teen-age individualism.It stunts human developement and can cause problems later in life.

TVFreak 189 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

12-08-08, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TVFreak Click to send private message to TVFreak Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
I just saw the "Creation Museum" episode tonight. I thought it was new, but from reading earlier posts, I guess it wasn't.

I must preface this post by noting that I actually enjoyed the first 'specials' that featured the Duggars. Now that they have an actual series, I am petrified.

I've been asking myself, is this TLC? Does TLC still stand for The Learning Channel? Because this crap scares the BeJeebus outta me.

Jim Bob Duggar, "Evolution is something that people are teaching, but it's totally non-scientific." LIVID! I was livid when I heard those words spoken! I wanted to jump through my TV screen and choke him. And, the commentary from the kids, Brainwashed much? I made my kids (12 & 14) come in the room to watch & they couldn't believe it.

I've banned my girls from watching a lot of shows (mostly VH1 & MTV shows), but I'll definitely follow suit with AyaK and ban this show!

I am just sick, sick, sick! I wish I could punch someone right now!

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings

12-09-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
I think it's good for your kids to watch it so at least they are prepared later in life for when they might meet whack chops like this. Seriously, I bet your kids couldn't believe how they think right?

It bugs the hell out of me to listen to that dad talk. I'll never forget the first time I did, hearing him lament about how disorganized his wife used to be when they only had four kids. Like she had somehow failed him. Ugh!

I'm startled that the mom does not seem to have (or at least talk about) any long term health issues all these pregnancies have brought to her body. She's had a few c sections now. Isn't there some scar tissues issues after a few of those? Bad back pain? I can't believe she just pops right up again like it's nothing.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-08, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail vince3 Click to send private message to vince3 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Now it's 18 kids and counting"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/tlc-17-kids-%26-counting-duggar-family-welcome-eighteenth-child-8186.php

12-31-08, 05:30 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"
You guys will never believe this but guess what the Duggars's did.....They had a baby!Of course it was such a shocking event it deserved an hour special.These people should have a special when they decide to quit having babies every year.Now that would be newsworthy!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-20-09, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"
Wow, I am suprised to see that there isn't ONE positive post on this family.

I have seen a little on them and their children, and really don't think anything either way. This IS America, and as long as there isn't neglect or abuse, the last time I looked, we are free to raise our children any which way we please, right?

What if the special were on an Amish community or Mennonites or Quakers? Would it be so controversial? They have religious beliefs and standards that go far beyond what most of us agree with. No TV, no internet, no even cars. At least the Duggars have a car, last I looked.

While I chose to have a small family, I haven't seen any laws against having a large family. And I see nothing wrong with the kids respecting their moms and dads-is that such a foreign concept that we can't even comprehend it? Do ALL teenagers have to be rebellious to be 'normal'??

Only time will tell if all 18 or 34, however many kids they have will follow in their religious beliefs and footsteps. Who knows? Maybe number 7 will be gay, and number 13 will become a Wiccan priest? Not even THEY can tell how things will turn out!

But for now, I say we give these people a chance, and applaud the fact that they are loving, caring, parents, who have shown this world that you CAN have more than the average 1.2 children, you can be a stay-at-home mom, and clip coupons, and make homemade bread, and sew your children's clothes, and make it work!

Whatever works for these people-so what! They are under the microscope, for sure, and if there is anything that resembles brain-washing, neglect or abuse, it will be brought out. And they have to know that allowing themselves to be watched can become a very dangerous thing in THIS day and age, when people have a hard time accepting anything out of the 'norm'.

mrc 10094 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-09, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"
In all fairness, these forums are for bashing reality TV shows.

That aside, I'm with you. While I don't agree with everything the Duggars do, the family is well-mannered, nice, kind, friendly, etc., etc. If the parents want to have 25 kids like that, send them to my classes. I'll teach them if no one else will.

Oh, and someone above mentioned that the Duggars preached that women shouldn't work--try telling Momma Duggar that what she does isn't work!

A Slice of Manga

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

01-29-09, 01:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"
Thank you! Good points!

kidflash212 4842 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

03-18-09, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"
I have no problem with a family having as many kids as they want as long as they are self supporting. Once my taxes are being used to support them - problem. Never having seen the show myself, I don't know how they support themselves but I expect posts would be angrier if they were on some sort of welfare.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-25-16, 03:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Now it's 18 kids and counting"

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

01-30-09, 02:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
Bizarre show. I'll be frank, the thought of a couple willingly wanting to have 18 kids is just completely disturbing to me. Hell, having one kid is enough to scare me silly. I've never understood the fascination with popping out more humans. I also don't like the nonstop christian talk. When the family took a trip to the animal safari the father made a few references about humans never coming from apes.

However, I do like the fact that the kids all pitch in and are very well behaved. That's something that's missing from today's society. And I liked the fact that they went to the animal safari and helped feed all the animals.

So call me confused on this show.

shimane22 142 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-09, 00:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shimane22 Click to send private message to shimane22 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
Sorry, having that many kids is just irresponsible and appalling. It's sickening to think about how handicapped these children are going to be in the real world due to their sheltered, narrow upbringing.

I was also doing a lot more than holding my girlfriend's hand (without a chaperone) when I was 18 years old, and somehow I doubt I am any less righteous than the Duggars.

I'd also take on the whole lot of them in a battle of brains-- I'm pretty confident that my public school education was more comprehensive than whatever "facts" John-Bob and Michelle have pumped into their kids' heads.

Debmarie 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-03-09, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Debmarie Click to send private message to Debmarie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
ohh Im with you on the part about Josh and Anna
they hadnt even hugged or kissed each other because it wasnt right until they were married.. ohh give me a break

what would a hug and a kiss hurt,

I about died when Jim Bob gave Josh a book so that he would know what to do on his wedding night
give me a break..

I am amazed at how clean the home is and im amazed at how smart the kids are with all the techy things they have in the home
such as the computer etc.. I dont think ive ever seen momma dugger do any house work on any of the shows, its always the kids doing everything..

the house is amazing.. theres nothing lacking, they have every modern convience .

I also laugh when I hear Mrs Dugger and her quiet spolen voice and using the word "WE" they answer for all the kids.

I think I see some signs of one of the girls , I think there will be one that steps over the line and steps out of order and causes some kind of problems

I like to watch it.. just to see what kind of this and that
they come up next..
stll dont see how they have so much money to do all they do
and have all the things they own, with just a few rental properties...

09-01-09, 01:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "19 Kids and Counting"
Good on them. With the kids' manners, they can have another 19 as far as I'm concerned.

Make way for more Duggars!

Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of Tonitown, Ark., who have 18 children and one grandchild on the way, are expecting a new addition to their household – baby No. 19 will arrive in the spring.

"We are so thrilled," says Michelle, 42. "We just couldn't believe it is happening." Jim Bob, 44, agrees: "This never gets old. We are so grateful for each child. We are looking forward to our first grand baby and our 19th child."

Oldest son Joshua, 21 and his wife Anna, 21, are expecting daughter Mackynzie Renée next month, so she will be older than her new aunt or uncle.

"I think it is going to be awesome, it is going to be great," says Josh about the news that his parents are expecting. "We have been looking forward to the arrival of my little girl and to now get to celebrate for my parents, it's a wonderful thing."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20301647,00.html

jbug 17018 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-09, 12:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "18 & Counting"
I've only watched this a few times in the last few weeks.
On the trip to NY, it was fun to watch them try to figure out how to get subway tickets - those who live with that every day don't realize how unknown that is to those who don't. And then how to get all 20 onto the train when the door opened.
Their counting reminded me of my days working in preschool when we'd take field trips

One episode they visited an Amish family.
There are actually opportunities to learn some interesting things while watching this show.

This is one bunch of organized people! Can you imagine what this would be like if they were all unorganized???

Slicey took out the wrinkles '08

10-06-09, 08:44 AM (EST)
24. "RE: 18 & Counting"
I'm related to a large, unorganized family, so, yes, I can imagine.

A Slice of Manga

11-03-09, 02:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: 18 & Counting"
LOL - that reminds me of my old boss who came from Indiana, one day he decided it would be easier to ride the subway into a meeting in Manhattan than drive in so he asked us "Do I just go to the booth and ask for a ticket to 34th St?"

We all laughed at him and told him he was gonna get mugged for sure if he did that. He decided to drive in.

Puffy 6676 desperate attention whore postings

10-10-09, 02:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "another one is born"
The son and his wife had a baby girl, Mackenzie. Maybe they'll be all "M" named grandchildren.

lovetv2009 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

10-21-09, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail lovetv2009 Click to send private message to lovetv2009 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: another one is born"
WOW, your probably right............They need to do a reality show to pay for all these kids

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

11-03-09, 10:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: another one is born"
Yes they are using "M" names after Grandma Michelle Dugger

Syren 2007

blacknwhitedog 6532 desperate attention whore postings

12-11-09, 03:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "#19 premie"
Michelle delivered #19 Josie via c-section at only 25 weeks

http://blogs.discovery.com/tlc-michelle-duggar-blog/2009/12/earlier-than-expected-1.html

Syren 2007

teacherkelly 179 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-09, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail teacherkelly Click to send private message to teacherkelly Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: #19 premie"
Will this finally be the sign that she needs to stop having children?? Her body surely cannot take much more.

07-10-16, 02:19 PM (EST)
32. "RE: 17 kids and counting on what?"
Looking back

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •