The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-25-08, 05:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
Where the potential PTTE game is once again replaced by the old-fashioned dead pool.

It's still a painful series to watch. My only experience with Gary Busey is from after his head injury, so I have no idea how much of his behavior is the trauma speaking and how much is the actual person. I do know he's decided what his role on the series is, and it's not the one everyone else figured for him. Good luck explaining the difference.

Nikki fell hard. I don't blame Simon. I blame Fear Factor. Not taking that prize would count as a major tipping point.

Gee, I guess there may have been something just a little bit wrong with Tawny during her SL season after all.

I can't get a read on Amber or Sean yet.

Jeff... I'm convinced Jeff may become the first reality 'star' to die on camera.

I'm not sure Steven Adler hasn't already died.

Rodney King is the strangest presence. In part, that's because he's the one who's essentially normal in terms of his everyday life: nothing has come from his very unwanted fame except some bad memories he'll never get rid of. (And even that fame has been fleeting -- witness the other patients struggling to figure out who he is.) And some of that strangeness is from something he correctly identified: he's stuck in time. All images of his existence come from that one night and the aftermath of it. If you remember Rodney, you remember a series of frozen images -- and no more. He's a stranger to us, with every year in between completely lost to view.

I wish them all luck.

I also know all of them aren't going to make it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 MollyTV 10-26-08 1
 RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 Snidget 10-27-08 2
   RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 Estee 10-27-08 3
       RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 Snidget 10-27-08 4
           RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 Estee 10-27-08 5
 RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 mocha madness 10-28-08 6
   RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 MollyTV 10-30-08 7
 RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 eire_heart74 11-03-08 8
   RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 MollyTV 11-03-08 9
       RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 eire_heart74 11-03-08 11
       RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 rehablover 11-10-08 12
           RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 kidflash212 07-10-16 31
   RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 NewFan 11-03-08 10
       RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 rehablover 11-10-08 13
           RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2 eire_heart74 11-14-08 14
 Quick Question bacon 12-12-08 15
   RE: Quick Question Snidget 12-12-08 16
       RE: Quick Question bacon 12-12-08 17
           RE: Quick Question eire_heart74 12-13-08 18
               RE: Quick Question bacon 12-15-08 19
                   RE: Quick Question eire_heart74 12-16-08 20
                   RE: Quick Question Snidget 12-16-08 21
                       RE: Quick Question eire_heart74 12-16-08 22
                           RE: Quick Question Snidget 12-16-08 23
                           RE: Quick Question Hoobie 12-16-08 24
                               RE: Quick Question Ahtumbreez 12-17-08 25
                                   RE: Quick Question Hoobie 12-17-08 26
                       RE: Quick Question Snidget 12-19-08 27
                           RE: Quick Question eire_heart74 12-19-08 28
 Court order Rehab--Guess the Celeb ... Snidget 12-21-08 29
   RE: Court order Rehab--Guess the Ce... eire_heart74 12-21-08 30

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

MollyTV 480 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

10-26-08, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
geez...i am about to go watch mine taped on DVR and i am very afraid...i am afraid i will be too embarrassed by these people to watch...

last season was good...and i have recently brigeitte and she looked fantastic....face lift and all...i still can't believe how young she really is.

but i don't know what it is about gary busey but i just want to slap him upside the hat and say....SPIT it out and quit rambling.
condense....

whatever...i am off
mollytv

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

10-27-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
Ya know, if that is Gary sober, maybe he needs more drugs, not less.

I'm not sure they will ever get it through to him he isn't on a higher plane and no longer needs any help.

10-27-08, 02:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
I'm just hoping no one asks him what 'higher plane' stands for.

10-27-08, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
helping individuals get healthy endings role playing leader and not enrollee?

10-27-08, 03:16 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
...and I hope you recover from your head trauma very soon.

*backs away*

mocha madness 251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

10-28-08, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mocha%20madness Click to send private message to mocha%20madness Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
I like this show. Dr. Drew and his cohorts, Shelly and Bob? seem to be real caring people. Most of these celebrites are not sympathetic characters at all, and it is interesting to see them struggle with their drug and alcohol abuse.

Gary Busey is certifiable. He must have suffered brain damage from his motorcycle crash without a helmut many years ago, and he is nuts. Rehab is not going to help that guy at all. He is also a scary guy who appears ready to be violent at the drop of a hat or a wrong look.

Estee is right about Jeff Conway. He may be the first to kill himself on tv. He looks like he has one foot in the grave.

Speaking of dead, Steve Adler, kicked out of Guns and Roses for doing too many drugs? Are you sure he isn't already dead, and like "Weekend at Bernie's" they have this guy propped up.

10-30-08, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail MollyTV Click to send private message to MollyTV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
wow....so now i can say i watched it. random thoughts:

yes...gary is sooo delusional and its all about the head injury. he is like an idiot savant now with the pneumonics. enuff already!

i thought poor dr. drew...he doesn't have a chance...he may need to check in when this is all over.

i read the "slash" biography and it was kinda funny to think they kicked someone out of the band for drug abuse when they all were up to no good...but

i do feel sorry for amber...and rodney
i do not feel sorry for rod's kid, nikki..they seem to be there for fun...if you know what i mean.

mollytv

eire_heart74 1231 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-03-08, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
Did Vicky really think she and Jeff were going to share a room and do this side by side?

A little dirt digging on Vicky revealed a wannabe singer. Surprise! She's in show biz! Or at least sees this as a viable way to enter it. She even has a myspace page. "Vikki Lizzi" is her stage name. "Vikki and Kinnicki" is their little singing duo because he's singing there too. It's a trainwreck to listen to.

I actually felt bad for Amber detoxing. Watching her just lay on the floor and trying to make herself vomit was hard to see. Must be very hard to watch that on a daily basis being one of the workers there.

Steven Adler, I can't even get over that's him. He looks about 70.

11-03-08, 05:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
maybe i need celebrity rehab to stop me from watching this stuff.
i can't pull myself away yet i get so mad at them. and interesting to learn the vikki lizzi thing...because i too felt it has to be a publicity stunt...

especially when she was so disappointed to find out she wouldn't be "on the show" if you get my drift.

AND i don't believe the place would just allow anyone to come running into the other wing as vikki did to sneak in to see jeff.
because if that were true we could all sneak in and meet our fav celebrities and take paparazzi pix.

i simply watch with my jaw open and continually think ...oh my gawd!

CRAZY...me included.
mollytv

11-03-08, 06:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail eire_heart74 Click to send private message to eire_heart74 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"

>
>especially when she was so disappointed
>to find out she wouldn't
>be "on the show" if
>you get my drift.
>
>AND i don't believe the place
>would just allow anyone to
>come running into the other
>wing as vikki did to
>sneak in to see jeff.
>

That's where I get frustrated with the "real" aspect of this show. If they were really serious about getting her help, she'd have no way to get contact with him period.

And the cell phones? Yep they wouldn't have them period.

rehablover 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-08, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rehablover Click to send private message to rehablover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"

>
>AND i don't believe the place
>would just allow anyone to
>come running into the other
>wing as vikki did to
>sneak in to see jeff.
>
>because if that were true we
>could all sneak in and
>meet our fav celebrities and
>take paparazzi pix.
>
>i simply watch with my jaw
>open and continually think ...oh
>my gawd!
>
>CRAZY...me included.
>mollytv

Once you are inside the facility at Pasadena Recovery Center there is only two doors that seperate the wings in the facility... how many of us have sneaked back stage or gotten in to our parents room as kids... we are talking about Addicts here, master manipulaters of all circumstances... doesnt suprise me at all,, Makes me wonder how much got edited out that couldn't be aired.

kidflash212 4552 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
They say I oughta go to rehab

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

11-03-08, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
I was completely repulsed and had to look away when Amber was trying to make herself vomit. I have a pretty strong stomach, but that looked like some freaky bulimic reflex to me!

rehablover 9 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

11-10-08, 06:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rehablover Click to send private message to rehablover Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
scary ##### to watch isn't it. I have seen many an addict kick opiates and it always looks the same.... shaking , sweating doing anything to try and vomit to get that feeling out of the body... what we don't see is the intense pain that comes from deep down in the bones,hips, thighs , lower back, shoulders,hands and feet.... This is why we need hospitals and treatment centers to help people kick addiction problems. It is almost never a question of "why can't they just stop?"

11-14-08, 02:22 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Celebrity Rehab: Season #2"
Jeff, jeff, jeff.

OK he's just got to go. I dont' think I can watch anymore of him

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

12-12-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Quick Question"
I missed the first season. Who is that dude that showed up on the roof of the rehab center? I'm guessing he's a rock star, but I can't place him.

12-12-08, 02:25 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Quick Question"
Here is his wiki entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shifty_Shellshock

12-12-08, 02:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bacon Click to send private message to bacon Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Quick Question"
Woah..he's got the same birthday i have. Only 5 years older. And Crazy Town was a terrible group. No wonder he turned to drugs.

12-13-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Quick Question"
>Woah..he's got the same birthday i
>have. Only 5 years older.
>And Crazy Town was a
>terrible group. No wonder he
>turned to drugs.

Kind of sad he turned back to drugs. Out of the lot of them, I actually thought he was the one to stay sober.

12-15-08, 07:02 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Quick Question"
Which makes me wonder: Which of the 2nd season people has the best chances to stay clean?

Jeff=5%: Hell, I wonder why Drew even keeps him around. He really seems as if he has no desire to stay clean at all.

Steven-0%: This dude doesn't have a prayer. There's a better chance Axl releases "Chinese Democracy" this year than Steven staying....oh, wait a minute.

Tawny-55%: I do buy that Tawny feels bad for the way drugs have interfered with her relationships with her children. I give her a fighting chance.

Amber-40%: She's open to talking about her past(maybe too open). However, the fact that she couldn't pour soup into a cup for homeless people without freaking out makes me think twice about her chances.

Rodney-50%: Part of me thinks that Rodney will do fine. However, that might just be because he's the least screwed up house member.

Sean-60%: I give Sean a fair shake because he seems more like a whiny baby and not someone that has any real problems. I think his drug abuse is more due to his youth and "emo" like crying rather than anything substantial and deep seeded.

Gary-100%?: I still don't understand if Gary was hooked on drugs before he got to the house or not. Obviously he was once a user, but I also recall him saying something about being clean for a decade or so. I'm confused.

Nikki-60%: Nikki at least seems honest about her problems. It seems if she can get over the death of her mother than she may be able to pull it off.

12-16-08, 08:01 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Quick Question"
Gary mentioned he still smoked pot for his asthma. (which I have never heard that before) I think Dr Drew's thinking is as long as he does that, he's not fully sober.

Tawny/Rodey/Nikki maybe have the best shot of kicking their addictions for good.

Sean is half and half. He really loves to be the professional victim of being Rod Steward's son. That got old for me.

Amber. You know I am rooting for her but that mom of hers is going to be her downfall.

Steven, he grew on me. He really did. He's like a little puppy but if he tours, he'll be dead in a year.

Jeff, attention seeking at it's highest. His girlfriend and him need to get off tv for good.

12-16-08, 08:23 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Quick Question"
Jeff--May relapse before the season ends. There are lots of ways to deal with a chronic pain disorder, but he isn't willing to do anything that might actually involve having to deal with the pain. Until he accepts that there isn't some miracle that will make him 100% well and as fit as a 20 year old guy he will never make it.

I get that Dr. Drew has a soft spot for him, but I can't see rehab every making him better unless he's in some lock down situation for a couple of years and kept away from his enabling girlfriend.

Steven--Give how freaked out he is about getting to the end of rehab he is pretty much going to be the guy on the roof for season #3. Going out on tour is not going to be good for him.

Tawny--Might have a chance, depends on how the people in her life support her.

Amber--Only if she can unentangle herself from the Mom and I don't know if she is willing to do the tough love thing that Mom needs.

Rodney--I think he's got the best family dynamic to stay sober with. I think he would do it for his kids, and they really want to see him sober unlike some other people's families.

Sean--I agree he likes the victim role a whole lot and staying screwed up seems to be a likely way he will stick it to his Dad.

Gary--Who knows, will we be able to tell? I'm not sure why he went to rehab other than wanting some more TV time and being too messed up from the accident to do anything but reality TV. I think he can maintain the sobriety, but I'm not sure if he can work through the brain damage issues. I think he likes his craziness too much to try to get better.

Nikki--Hard to tell. If she can learn to perform sober I think she might make it, but I've got a feeling she's going to need a lot of therapy to get to the point where she's functioning well enough sober to maintain it.

12-16-08, 02:16 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Quick Question"
>Jeff--May relapse before the season ends.
> There are lots of
>ways to deal with a
>chronic pain disorder, but he
>isn't willing to do anything
>that might actually involve having
>to deal with the pain.
> Until he accepts that
>there isn't some miracle that
>will make him 100% well
>and as fit as a
>20 year old guy he
>will never make it.

Anyone ever wonder where is Jeff getting all this money to pay for all these drugs and endless surgeries? He hasn't worked in years.

12-16-08, 02:39 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Quick Question"
You wouldn't think he makes that much of residuals these days, but you never know.

Maybe the girlfriend supports him.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-16-08, 06:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Quick Question"
I read somewhere that they have an act called "Vicki and Kinnicki". No joke.

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

12-17-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Quick Question"
Could you have possibly read it in post 8? *grin

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

12-17-08, 04:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Quick Question"
D'oh. Yes, it probably was

12-19-08, 07:24 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Quick Question"
Jeff--May relapse before the season ends.

And I can't believe they followed him home when he got kicked out and showed the search for the pills and the first one kicking in.

*sigh*

So how many people are going to add him to their celebrity death pool lists for next year?

12-19-08, 08:13 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Quick Question"
>Jeff--May relapse before the season ends.
>
>
>And I can't believe they followed
>him home when he got
>kicked out and showed the
>search for the pills and
>the first one kicking in.
>
>
>*sigh*
>
>So how many people are going
>to add him to their
>celebrity death pool lists for
>next year?

And they seemed to be delighted that they were being watched doing so. My guess, "let's hope Vh1 gives us our own show honey!".

I'm excited to watch the Sober Living House series next.

12-21-08, 07:57 AM (EST)
29. "Court order Rehab--Guess the Celeb Rehabber"
So one of the rehabbers from Season 2 was ordered back to rehab by a judge the day after the Graduation was broadcast.

Can you guess which one?

link

Although I'm unclear if that was from stuff that happened before they went into the Pasadena center or something that happened afterward.

12-21-08, 12:00 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Court order Rehab--Guess the Celeb Rehabber"
Yes that story didn't really make it clear when that was from. But seeing as we heard nothing about it on the show, I'm thinking it was after.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •