The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 18796 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-08, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
I haven't been counting, so I assume this is episode #9.

Its Wednesday, and time for the weekly Dog judging rant.

The English Judge is definitely a weirdo who thinks the only important thing about dog training is dog happiness. And important thing, to be sure, but a dog who obeys direct commands from a trainer who demands that the dog pay attention to him when distractions abound isn't a bad thing. A well trained working dog will perform just like Galaxy did. I'm not sure what her techniques are, but she comes off to me as maybe doggie aroma therapy based trainer? Crystals? Tarot cards? Something surreal yet obstinate. I won't use the word Bitch, in this context that might insult a real bitch or two.

What is an English dog person doing judging the Greatest American Dog contest? I think she's a Mole who wants the colonies restored to the king.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't want her anywhere around a pet of mine.

To the Center Judge - A well trained dog in working mode isn't always going to exhibit his playful side, dude, he will often seem a bit robotic. Especially a well trained dog. He should stick to publishing doggie pictures, I hope he's good at that.

The Lap dog judge actually was the more sensible. Presley, adorable as he is, failed the challenge, and obviously should have been booted.

Not that I have serious disagreement with the outcome, but Leroy was just being true to his nature (barky barky nippy nippy with quick movements is the way of herding dogs), but his Teresa was irritating. Another Aaa Aaa-er.

This time the challenge wasn't so outrageous. A well trained dog should be able to demonstrate that it can ignore distractions if the handler demands it.

Once again I get the feeling that the judges (especially the English judge) has taken a special disliking to JD and Galaxy. In that vein, I think events are lining up for an Andrew win. Not that he doesn't have heart and talent, he does, but Galaxy is the class of the field, as is JD.

Bitch. There I said it.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... byoffer 09-04-08 1
   RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... flystorms 09-04-08 2
       RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... CTgirl 09-04-08 3
           RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... mindy23 09-05-08 4
               RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... RudyRules 09-07-08 5
                   RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... Agman2 03-03-16 7
 Finale!! Snidget 09-11-08 6
 RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #... Agman2 03-04-16 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-08, 08:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
What bugs me is that each challenge will impact different types of dogs in different ways. Andrew is clearly fixated on his owner, but is that trained or just the dog's nature. I don't have much experience with dogs, but wouldn't expect a dog to ignore all those distractions or even an approaching elephant.

For Presley, a puppy, to do any of those challenges is amazing to me.

I still think JD and Galaxy have the best combination of training and fun. They play well, but know when it is time to work. Does Andrew ever have fun?

I think those judges are way off base chiding JD for his treatment of Galaxy. I sure hope this is just misdirection for him being the winner.

I wonder if there will be a vote at the end of all the eliminated dogs at F2? I wouldn't see Andrew winning that.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

flystorms 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-04-08, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail flystorms Click to send private message to flystorms Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-08 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

I'm in agreement with y'all on the judges. I'm so over them and their haughtiness. Allan seems to be the voice of reason with between the two women, but he doesn't appear to be valued as much as Victoria. I wonder if she has something in her contract that she must be shown on air XX amount of times/minutes. LOL!

While I want to like this show, it frustrates me. The judges are inconsistent and don't appear to get what the concept of each challenge is. Last night's episode was supposed to be about loyalty, but in truth, it was about obedience.

Andrew is a dog who is perfectly content to be held and stay lying down. The others either want to herd or play. Each dog has its own nature and disposition which is common to the breed. I don't think the judges take this into account.

I posted this on the CBS board as well, but here's what I'm thinking...

I really like boxers so I've been a Travis/Presley fan from the start (and it helps that T is a cutie!) He's doing so well.

Honestly, I was disappointed to have Teresa leave last night, though of those remaining, I'm not sure who would've gone.

With the three that are left I think Travis/Presley have a good shot at winning the whole shebang if you take a look at the editing.

JD and Galaxy have been the stand-out team as far as skills and training are concerned. We all thought they were ringers to win it all from early on. Editing tells us otherwise, though. The editors have to a small extent shown JD as sort of a "bad guy", even though he's not. He's very confident in his training and it's been great that he stands up to other contestants and even the judges to back his views. Of all of them, he probably had the least amount of growth through this process because his bar started out so high in the first place.

Laurie and Andrew have been portrayed lightly as an underdog team, if only because Andrew is a small dog. They've shown Andrew as fiercely loyal to Laurie, but really haven't given the viewers much to really make us want to root for them in the end. Laurie is also very confident and outspoken in her views on training dogs as well. Again, the editors haven't really given her a bad edit, so to speak, but they haven't portrayed her as a winner either.

That leaves us with Travis and Presley. They are almost the opposite from JD and Galaxy in that they had the most to learn in that short period of time. We've watched Travis study and learn from the best. We've seen him work with Presley to the point where Presley is a changed dog. This team has been given the TRUE underdog edit from the beginning. Both boy and dog have been portrayed as animated and lovable. Think about Presely's exuberence and expressions and think about Travis confessing his lack of commitment with women even. Both "characters" have learned from their journey.

In the previews next week, we hear the judges asking, "So why should we make an 18 month old the Greatest American Dog?" That little tidbit in itself is a big giveaway. If Travis is smart, he'll talk about the learning opportunity they've taken for both he and Presley.

I think we have been shown our winner. Yay!

CTgirl 7625 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-08, 06:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
ITA with you guys - Kingfish, byoffer and flystorms.

The judges’ comments didn’t make much sense. Presley failed the challenge and, as much as I love him, he should have gone home. I’m no dog trainer, just an owner who’s trained a dog, and I don’t see how you can separate obedience and loyalty. Loyalty is a human trait; can you even judge a dog on its loyalty? And Galaxy being robotic? That’s crazy. A well-behaved dog is obedient, but is also loyal to its owner. As to byoffer’s point, all the dogs have different personalities and make different kinds of pets. Was Andrew the most loyal, or just the biggest blob, lol?

Last week I thought JD and Galaxy would win. This week, it’s hard to say, especially since I haven’t seen all the episodes. I like what you’re thinking about the editing flystorms! I’d be happy with either Galaxy or Presley winning (just as long as it isn’t Andrew!)

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

09-05-08, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
Can't add much to what you all have said-you said it well and hit it head on!! For some reason my DVR only captured 14 minutes of the entire episode, so I've had to learn the outcome on the boards, and by reading posts, get a true understanding of what took place. The part I got to see was the actual competition with the dogs.

I knew that the dark-haired judge had been after Leroy for a while, because his barking simply drove her mad! Oh geez, give that woman a bone to chew on during these competitions! What do you think Border Collies and other working breeds do?? THAT is how they communicate! DUH!

These judges are from another planet, is all I have to say, and Cesar Milan wouldn't be caught dead judging such ridiculous competitions between so many different breeds of dogs. I hope this whole experience really shines a light on all the Victoria Stillwell fans. She is as kookie as some of those other Brit's who come over here and try to tell us how to: cook, sing, judge a talent competition, and whatever else they can get their little paws into!! ;-0

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

09-07-08, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail RudyRules Click to send private message to RudyRules Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
You all are dead on.
Can't add anything else!

TP made this one!
No fish were killed in the making of this post.

Agman2 2237 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-03-16, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "

Aw c'mon, throw em a bone and think of something to add.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-08, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Finale!!"
*happy dance*

I figured I wouldn't start a new thread as I'm wondering if I'm the only one that watched.

Of the final three I really wanted Presley to win. I think Galaxy was the best trained, but given the way his training techniques were viewed by the judges I'm not surprised that it came down to Andrew vs Presley.

I thought it was hysterical the Andrew ran off to find Mom on the judges. Andrew may not show separation anxiety by eating the couch or anything, but to be so attached to Mom he can't even socialize with anyone else, then saying you like that and raised Andrew to be that way is not likely to win.

Manga by Slicey!

Agman2 2237 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-04-16, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Greatest American Dog Episode #9 (spoiler info) "
When I first saw this, I thought this was a fictional show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •