The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Reality TV shows with substance."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Other Reality TV Shows Forum (Protected)
Original message

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-10-08, 09:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Reality TV shows with substance."
The only "reality" TV show I'm into right now is that show Flipping Out. I just like how he's literally crazy and mean most of the time, but does a great job on his houses. I know there's still not that much substance in the programming but I can't think of any other shows worth watching. If anyone has any good recs please let me know. Summer is here and I'm bored.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Reality TV shows with substance... pantsonfire 07-11-08 1
   RE: Reality TV shows with substance... parachutes 07-13-08 4
       RE: Reality TV shows with substance... pantsonfire 08-11-08 7
           RE: Reality TV shows with substance... kidflash212 07-10-16 10
 RE: Reality TV shows with substance... riverrocker 07-11-08 2
   RE: Reality TV shows with substance... JessicaRN 07-11-08 3
       RE: Reality TV shows with substance... livsforluv 07-29-08 5
           RE: Reality TV shows with substance... mindy23 07-31-08 6
               RE: Reality TV shows with substance... NewFan 08-11-08 8
 RE: Reality TV shows with substance... Agman2 01-12-16 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

pantsonfire 78 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-11-08, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pantsonfire Click to send private message to pantsonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
I heard about some show about the subway musicians/performers in new york city. Don't know too much about it though but it sounds like it could be a pretty good show.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

parachutes 58 desperate attention whore postings

07-13-08, 08:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail parachutes Click to send private message to parachutes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
I think you are talking about NYC Soundtracks.. It's a new show on the MSG Network. On Sunday at 8. Definitely checking this one out if I can.

pantsonfire 78 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-08, 01:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pantsonfire Click to send private message to pantsonfire Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Yeah thats the one... Thats show is so cool and I have even see some of the preformers when i go through the subway. The shakerleg guy is pretty cool I just voted for him to move onto the next round of the show because they are letting viewers pick their faves today: http://www.msg.com/votesoundtracks/

kidflash212 4698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-10-16, 12:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Sybil? Is that you?

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

07-11-08, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
We watch Flipping Out, too. Interesting study in human behavior.

IF you can stand the "icky" or "yucky" factor, we've found Verminators to be extremely interesting. We've learned some scientific facts that we never knew. The people are "normal" and dedicated to doing their jobs and doing them well.

Not since we caught several episodes of Crime Scene Cleanup--NOT a show for the weak of stomach!--have we seen really thought-provoking "reality" shows. Most are just for fun, fluff, and fantasy, but there are some out there that are interesting--but just my opinion.

JessicaRN 1112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-11-08, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Try Hopkins. It is a few weeks into it, but you might be able to watch it on demand or online. It has both the medical stuff and the personal stuff also. It's pretty fascinating.

livsforluv 113 desperate attention whore postings

07-29-08, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail livsforluv Click to send private message to livsforluv Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Heard about that one. Gotta figure out where I can watch it first!
NYC Soundtracks I watched the other night. Good show. There's nothing better than waking up to music on your way to work in the morning!

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

07-31-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Having been a nurse for 30 years, I am really into the medical shows, like Medical Mystery, Trauma in the ER, etc. Most of those are on the Medical Channel. Not for the weak of stomach, either, but very interesting, and also told by the docs who actually experienced these things, as well as the families and patients.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings

08-11-08, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Oh I love "Trauma: Life in the ER" but I haven't been able to find it for a couple years now. I like that it's real footage. I hate reenactments.

Agman2 2707 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

01-12-16, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Reality TV shows with substance."
Meh, I'll pass.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •